PDA

View Full Version : Kris Humphries is re-signing with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Faptastrophe
07-17-2012, 10:18 AM
The Brooklyn Nets have made an agreement in principle on a contract with forward Kris Humphries, Nets General Manager Billy King announced today. According to multiple reports, it is a two-year deal worth $24 million.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10542#ixzz20uUQzMnS

bagelred
07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
This is a good deal, but Jeremy Lin is overpaid.

:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
07-17-2012, 10:20 AM
What the....$12 million a year?

:biggums:

goldcrow
07-17-2012, 10:21 AM
How much is the Nets paying for in salaries this season? Looks mind-boggling.:eek:

LJJ
07-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm so happy the Bobcats didn't go along with that ridiculous shit. This man is only a starts if his only competition for that position is Shelden Williams.

What can Humphries actually do other than get 10 rebounds on a team with literally no other players trying to get rebounds?

Punpun
07-17-2012, 10:31 AM
12Million. Aka 1M per Pt/rbd.

:bowdown:

R.I.P.
07-17-2012, 10:32 AM
I

Nets fan 93
07-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm so happy the Bobcats didn't go along with that ridiculous shit. This man is only a starts if his only competition for that position is Shelden Williams.

What can Humphries actually do other than get 10 rebounds on a team with literally no other players trying to get rebounds?
Please... :rolleyes:
Glad humphries is back. 12 per year isnt that bad when it's only 2 years.

Faptastrophe
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
How much is the Nets paying for in salaries this season? Looks mind-boggling.:eek:
Don't have it down to the dollar, but new deals for Deron, Wallace, Lopez, Hump, Watson, Stack, plus JJ contract, in neighborhood of..$325M.

FireMcFailPlease
07-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Don't have it down to the dollar, but new deals for Deron, Wallace, Lopez, Hump, Watson, Stack, plus JJ contract, in neighborhood of..$325M.

all for the 5 seed

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-17-2012, 10:45 AM
The Nets will pay >60 million dollars just on the starting unit alone: Deron/Johnson/Wallace/Humphries/Lopez.

Talk about wasting money.

bluechox2
nets going all in on better than avg players

All Net

Nuts

If nets want dwight by deadline not sure this contract is a good idea

Nets fan 93
07-17-2012, 10:46 AM

all for the 5 seed
That's definitely. Garunteed.

bluechox2
07-17-2012, 10:47 AM
i think they have a trade in mind by the trade deadline

StackzUp
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Glad to hear that Humphries is staying. He is a double double player regardless how you want to put it. Makes our roster that much deeper. And if they are planing a trade for Dwight in the future, so be it.

Nets fan 93
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Nuts

If nets want dwight by deadline not sure this contract is a good idea
Last seasons team was built for a possible Dwight trade. It's only 12 million though. At the point where they could trade for Humphries it will basically be half way through the season anyway.

All Net
07-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Surprising In a way that hump didn't push for a longer deal. That seemed to of been his main target all summer.

CLTHornets4eva
07-17-2012, 10:53 AM

Absolutely. Id take Landry over him anyway. Plus he will probably be cheaper. If not we'll have to have Ty step up (If WE DON'T amnesty him)

2LeTTeRS
07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Can't believe he got this much cash. Whoever his agent is deserves a raise.

Surprising In a way that hump didn't push for a longer deal. That seemed to of been his main target all summer.

I'm sure he did, but nobody thought he deserved that type of contract with the amount of money he desired. Can't blame them either, this guy was massively overpaid.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Please... :rolleyes:
Glad humphries is back. 12 per year isnt that bad when it's only 2 years.
wtf are you talking about? Dude should be making mid level money. How did they get scammed into this?

It is probably just making it a big contract so they can make the prearranged trade for dwight easier in january. between him and lopez they will be able to take back turkeyglue or a combo of other ridiculous contracts. though I still dont understand why duhons contract is thrown in there. sure, hes barely nba level bench player, but its only 3.5 for 2 more years.

R.I.P.
07-17-2012, 11:22 AM

He

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Very good part on the nets only giving him a two year deal. Two years is very apealing in a Howard trade if one was to happen. Being a double double machine and 5th in rebounding deserves 12 million in my opinion. It's starting to get really annoying how so many losers keep commenting on every new contract players are recieving. It's not your money so stop hating.

rufuspaul
07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
I actually live in a world where Kris Humphries makes $12 mil a year. :facepalm

rufuspaul
07-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Very good part on the nets only giving him a two year deal. Two years is very apealing in a Howard trade if one was to happen. Being a double double machine and 5th in rebounding deserves 12 million in my opinion. It's starting to get really annoying how so many losers keep commenting on every new contract players are recieving. It's not your money so stop hating.

But it is my money! As a tax paying citizen...oh wait, I was thinking of the bailouts.

longtime lurker
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Nets throwing around money like they just don't care lol. Its obvious thet he'll be used as a trading chip. Hump for 2 years isn't as bad as some of these other contacts, I mean he's shown he can put up consistent effort over 2 years.

R.I.P.
07-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Is there another team, whose lowest paid starter makes 10 million a year. :eek:

Faptastrophe
07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
As some of you have pointed out, I forgot to add Reggie Evans to the Nets' outlay this month. Corrected. Make it around $330M in new deals.

-DA

Kingwillball
07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Not bad considering NETS need a Guy who can rebound next to Lopez and also could be a Trading Chip on such a short deal. Hump is a solid Player as well considering some other washed up bums are getting it is not a terrible contract.

Faptastrophe
07-17-2012, 11:41 AM
CHA offered Hump 3-yr, $28mill deal.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 11:43 AM
A lot, but whatever. Trying to win a championship here. I'd be pissed if we spent this before last season when we were destined to be bad.

fatboy11
07-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Sounds pretty reasonable for a guy coming off back-to-back double double seasons.

knickballer
07-17-2012, 11:52 AM
CHA offered Hump 3-yr, $28mill deal.

Why would they offer him a shitty contract like that? They might get a few more wins in the short run but it will hurt them in the long run. Have another shitty season, get a top 3-5 pick and then start to sign some players.. Draft a player like C.Zeller and build around the core of MKG, Zeller, Biyombo..

WeGetRing2012
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
http://crasstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/hahahaNO.gif

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Humphries now getting 12 million...has there honestly ever been a summer where more role players have gotten paid allstar money than this one? Absolutely ridiculous, and at the clown trying to say "its just 12m" your a flat out moron :facepalm:

pegasus
07-17-2012, 12:26 PM
10 mil/year would have been fairer, but since it's only for two years... not bad.

He has improved a lot over the years, and other than being a TV celebrity/douche bag, I don't see where the hate comes from.

BKN needed a big guy who can rebound and get easy buckets within the flow of the game without taking touches away from the other starters, and he fits the bill.

He's been also developing a nice little jumper, and if he continues to work on it (he's gonna have to since he's only getting a 2-year deal), he can become their third best player before the end of this season.

ballup
07-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Not the worst contract this offseason. I thought the Nets didn't have the money to resign him. It's not like him and his agent would expect a similar salary to his last one.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Not the worst contract this offseason. I thought the Nets didn't have the money to resign him. It's not like him and his agent would expect a similar salary to his last one.
then, pray tell, what is the worst contract this offseason? I cant think of one worse than this. Maybe Crash? Lin and Asik are about 8 mil per and both much more impactful than this dude, despite his statline. Besides, they had to be structured that way to pry them as RFA away from their former teams. People seem to forget how terrible this team was last year, and they are returning three of the starters but are now playoff bound?

LBJDW305
07-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Riley would've gotten him for 3mill a year :yaohappy: but the dude is seriously underrated and hated because he was fooled into a fake marriage...that's how pathetic ppl are while americas slut is running around being famous for getting fcked on camera

DuMa
07-17-2012, 12:34 PM
then, pray tell, what is the worst contract this offseason? I cant think of one worse than this. Maybe Crash? Lin and Asik are about 8 mil per and both much more impactful than this dude, despite his statline. Besides, they had to be structured that way to pry them as RFA away from their former teams. People seem to forget how terrible this team was last year, and they are returning three of the starters but are now playoff bound?

Landry Fields.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Riley would've gotten him for 3mill a year :yaohappy: but the dude is seriously underrated and hated because he was fooled into a fake marriage...that's how pathetic ppl are while americas slut is running around being famous for getting fcked on camera
again, dude started 62 games for one of the worst teams in the league last year.

niko
07-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Any contract where people almost instantly say (like the Lin one would be for Knicks) and the last year will be a great expirer pretty much is overpaying, no?

D12"Magic"
07-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Its a 2 Year Deal. Can become a good expirer.

Niko it is an over pay, but it is for 2 years. im not complaining. We needed a guy like him next to Lopez.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 12:39 PM
They are returning two starters. Dwill and hump. Brook Lopez missed 61 games and Wallace played half a season. Then they are adding a Perenial 18 ppg scorer. And if the nets let hump escape they won't fill his shoes. And Asik is a scrub. Yeah he's a hard worker but hump is too and he can score and rebound 100x better then Asik. Asik won't get better. All he can do is hustle and play defense. He will never learn to put the ball in the basket.

niko
07-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Its a 2 Year Deal. Can become a good expirer.

Niko it is an over pay, but it is for 2 years. im not complaining. We needed a guy like him next to Lopez.

The two are not mutually exclusive. It's an overpay and a good signing. You know i've always pushed for Nets to resign. Same with Lin.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 12:51 PM
They are returning two starters. Dwill and hump. Brook Lopez missed 61 games and Wallace played half a season. Then they are adding a Perenial 18 ppg scorer. And if the nets let hump escape they won't fill his shoes. And Asik is a scrub. Yeah he's a hard worker but hump is too and he can score and rebound 100x better then Asik. Asik won't get better. All he can do is hustle and play defense. He will never learn to put the ball in the basket.
you do realize that there is a whole half of the game that is defense? and that asik was basically the best defender, statistically, in the entire league last year? he played quite a few 4th quarter minutes over noah. Dude is a potential game changer on the right team. and hes signing at about the right level for a solid true center. Who cares if he doesnt demand the ball on offense? As long as he sets screens and knows his limited role, hes worth it.

ballup
07-17-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd say Jeff Green's contract is worse. A 5 mil increase for a non starter who didn't even play last season and didn't even play well before then.

Humphries' contract is only a two year one so it can be a valuable trade asset quickly.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I'd say Jeff Green's contract is worse. A 5 mil increase for a non starter who didn't even play last season and didn't even play well before then.

Humphries' contract is only a two year one so it can be a valuable trade asset quickly.
forgot about green. probably worse. same with fields.

niko
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
you do realize that there is a whole half of the game that is defense? and that asik was basically the best defender, statistically, in the entire league last year? he played quite a few 4th quarter minutes over noah. Dude is a potential game changer on the right team. and hes signing at about the right level for a solid true center. Who cares if he doesnt demand the ball on offense? As long as he sets screens and knows his limited role, hes worth it.
I like how Net fans say "Brook Lopez missed 61 games" like it's a good thing. He missed with a stress fracture of his foot. Missing a season with an injury that is a structural problem and not a "i fell and hurt something" problem is not a positive.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 12:55 PM
I like how Net fans say "Brook Lopez missed 61 games" like it's a good thing. He missed with a stress fracture of his foot. Missing a season with an injury that is a structural problem and not a "i fell and hurt something" problem is not a positive.
what are you talking about? Yao was fine with his feet after that first stress fracture. oh wait.

and, yes, nyets fans, I do understand why they signed this deal (to be able to take more shit back from the magic in january), but it doesnt make it any better of a deal.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
And hump was 5th in rebounding overall. As a PF.. To go along with his marvelous rebounding he averaged 13 points per game. hump is a much better player then Asik. Hump is a gritty tough player that never backs down. The only thing Asik has on him is moving quicker on his feet.

niko
07-17-2012, 12:57 PM
what are you talking about? Yao was fine with his feet after that first stress fracture. oh wait.

and, yes, nyets fans, I do understand why they signed this deal (to be able to take more shit back from the magic in january), but it doesnt make it any better of a deal.
Because in January Lopez and Humphries will leave the Magic with $15M in cap room two years from now instead of only $5M. :facepalm Because that was the big issue. Not recreating the Nets kick ass team from 2 years ago sans Deron.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Highlight the part where you believe I implied Lopez being injured was a positive... I said that the nets had a huge void with him being gone and will be ecstatic to have him back.. If he's injured it's terrible obviously.

niko
07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Highlight the part where you believe I implied Lopez being injured was a positive... I said that the nets had a huge void with him being gone and will be ecstatic to have him back.. If he's injured it's terrible obviously.
Not you, every analysis of the Nets assumes Lopez not only being back but being awesome. It's as likely his foot snaps as he becomes a 20-10 force. It's ignored completely. To me it's like when people say "if Amare is the old Amare", yes IF. That's a huge freaking if. Lopez coming off that injury grabbing board, defending, moving like crazy - that's an IF.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Niko, your displeasure in the nets succeeding demonstrates a huge weakness. Do you hear net fans ragging on the Knicks. Did you hear me criticize not signing Lin and signing Felton? I praised the Felton signing. The way you comment on every move the nets make with negativity is extremely annoying. The Knicks history is shame should not open a path of hate for you aimed toasted the nets.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 01:04 PM
A big heavy guy like Lopez out the whole season with a foot injury? That is generally bad news for the future of a player like that.

We all hope it's an isolated incident, but the history of big men with foot injuries gives us the right to be skeptical about his health.

niko
07-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Niko, your displeasure in the nets succeeding demonstrates a huge weakness. Do you hear net fans ragging on the Knicks. Did you hear me criticize not signing Lin and signing Felton? I praised the Felton signing. The way you comment on every move the nets make with negativity is extremely annoying. The Knicks history is shame should not open a path of hate for you aimed toasted the nets.
I've said for like five weeks the Nets should sign Humphries and i said in this thread that while it's overvalued (it is) it's a good signing. So go away.

You are a total homer thus you cannot accept Humphries is overpaid albeit necessary. Like i want Lin to be. But i'm not a homer, so i can say he will be overpaid. :applause:

Let me rephrase, i am a bit of a homer, but not delusional like you.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I've said for like five weeks the Nets should sign Humphries and i said in this thread that while it's overvalued (it is) it's a good signing. So go away.

You are a total homer thus you cannot accept Humphries is overpaid albeit necessary. Like i want Lin to be. But i'm not a homer, so i can say he will be overpaid. :applause:

Let me rephrase, i am a bit of a homer, but not delusional like you.

He isn't overpaid though. He earned 10 million last season. He is earning a couple million more this season. Overpaid is going from a rookie contract to 10 million a year. (Lin, others) He has earned this money. He played on consecutive one year deals and proved that he can be a double double machine. Joe Johnson is overpaid though. He earned 10 million last year and nobody said he was overpaid. He earned 2 million more and all of a sudden he is the most overpaid player. Even though he finished 5th in rebounding in the NBA. He 27 and will continue to polish other parts of his game and get better.

niko
07-17-2012, 01:13 PM
He isn't overpaid though. He earned 10 million last season. He is earning a couple million more this season. Overpaid is going from a rookie contract to 10 million a year. (Lin, others) He has earned this money. He played on consecutive one year deals and proved that he can be a double double machine. Joe Johnson is overpaid though. He earned 10 million last year and nobody said he was overpaid. He earned 2 million more and all of a sudden he is the most overpaid player. Even though he finished 5th in rebounding in the NBA. He 27 and will continue to polish other parts of his game and get better.
No other team would pony up $8M a year but the Nets gave him $12M a year. Why is that?

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 01:16 PM
No other team would pony up $8M a year but the Nets gave him $12M a year. Why is that?
Bobcats offered him 28/3. That's 9 mill a year. I heard NOONE saying he was overpaid last year at 10 million so nobody has the right to say he's overpaid at 2 million more.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Bobcats offered him 28/3. That's 9 mill a year. I heard NOONE saying he was overpaid last year at 10 million so nobody has the right to say he's overpaid at 2 million more.

False. Even at 8 million I thought he was overpaid. You can insert somewhere around 30-40 rebounders in the league today to do Humphries job who wouldn't do worse.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 01:30 PM
False. Even at 8 million I thought he was overpaid. You can insert somewhere around 30-40 PFs in the league today to do Humphries job who wouldn't do worse.
False. He was 5th in rebounding and averaged 14 Ppg. You can't name me "30-40" power forwards who can match that. Feel free to loom stupid and attempt naming me the supposed list.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 01:35 PM
False. He was 5th in rebounding and averaged 14 Ppg. You can't name me "30-40" power forwards who can match that. Feel free to loom stupid and attempt naming me the supposed list.

His rivals for those garbage points and rebounds were Johan Petro and Shelden Williams. Ridiculous.

So Humphries gets 10 rebounds and 13 points playing next to absolute dog shit, while the Nets get outhustled and outscored on the block every single game. There are definitely 40 bigs in the league who would do at least as good when put in Humphries position. Easily.

jbot
07-17-2012, 01:35 PM
wow. not sure what to say.

dunksby
07-17-2012, 01:43 PM
If the money is coming from Russia who cares?

niko
07-17-2012, 01:44 PM
:lol It was a nice signing regardless. Not sure why this bothers you so much. I love Melo, but he's overpaid. I want Lin back but he will be overpaid. Amare is overpaid. Chandler, considering big man contracts, that one is ok. Novak, love him, had to do it, overpaid.

Welcome to the NBA.

hawksdogsbraves
07-17-2012, 01:44 PM
So this becomes what, the second highest paid front-court in the league? And you're getting 34/17 with no defense out of it.

GOBB
07-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Funny offseason.

1. Players get overpaid
2. Fans of teams that overpaid players say "good deal"

:roll:

What happened to the fans that just told the truth? Come on.

As far as Kris Kardashian I thought $10mil per was too much (over 4yrs). $12mil per? Ouch. What does the BK Nets payroll look like, they gotta be close to luxary tax.

BlackVVaves
07-17-2012, 01:54 PM
And hump was 5th in rebounding overall. As a PF.. To go along with his marvelous rebounding he averaged 13 points per game. hump is a much better player then Asik. Hump is a gritty tough player that never backs down. The only thing Asik has on him is moving quicker on his feet.

Asik, statistically, was the best defender on the best defensive team in the league.

Hump was 5th in rebounding playing for....the Nets. As the only legitimate big in the starting lineup, and really on the team in general.

Big difference.

niko
07-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Funny offseason.

1. Players get overpaid

As far as Kris Kardashian I thought $10mil per was too much (over 4yrs). $12mil per? Ouch. What does the BK Nets payroll look like, they gotta be close to luxary tax.
They are over. I know because next year the Nets cannot receive Howard in a S&T because they are more than $4M over the tax line.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Funny offseason.

1. Players get overpaid

He's overpaid, but I think it's fine. We're trying to become a force for the ECF here. Either you commit to that goal or you're just wasting everyone's time. IF we decided to give him this contract when we were BAD and destined to be BAD, like the previous two seasons, I'd be inflamed. But if we're trying to get to the ECF and he's the best option to help us do that? Go ahead spend the money. Two years will go by and if he's not worth it, he can moved as an expirer the way Rashard was moved this year.

It's more illegitimate when bystanders are arguing that there are 30-40 people who can do what Kris did the last two seasons. There were 10 other teams that had less than 30 wins last year, and only two of them averaged anything close to a double double, the Kings (Cousins) and Pistons (Monroe). Thinking anyone can average a double double on a bad team is laughable and inane.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 02:17 PM
at least get your facts straight. lin will make 5 mil next year

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 02:17 PM
His rivals for those garbage points and rebounds were Johan Petro and Shelden Williams. Ridiculous.

So Humphries gets 10 rebounds and 13 points playing next to absolute dog shit, while the Nets get outhustled and outscored on the block every single game. There are definitely 40 bigs in the league who would do at least as good when put in Humphries position. Easily.
Wow your so dumb and uninformed. So averaging a double double is based on your team rather then your skill? Why didn't petro average 8 rebounds when playing alongside sheldan? Geez how naive haters are. He is still due to average around 10 rebounds a game. He's not going to stop rebounding just because he has a good team around him.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 02:21 PM
at least get your facts straight. lin will make 5 mil next year
And the season prior he made 800k. That's a 530% increase in salary from one season to the next. Hump went from 10 million to 12 million. That's a 20% increase. You do the math.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 02:26 PM
And the season prior he made 800k. That's a 530% increase in salary from one season to the next. Hump went from 10 million to 12 million. That's a 20% increase. You do the math.
as usual, its a vc3 is a moron.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Wow your so dumb and uninformed. So averaging a double double is based on your team rather then your skill? Why didn't petro average 8 rebounds when playing alongside sheldan? Geez how naive haters are. He is still due to average around 10 rebounds a game. He's not going to stop rebounding just because he has a good team around him.

Yes. When no other person on your team tries to get rebounds and you are the only person playing close to the basket: it is easier to get rebounds. Elementary basketball.

Johan Petro and Shelden Williams don't belong on an NBA roster, period. Humphries is a solid rotation big, worth about 4 million per year. He's not even that much better than he was during his Toronto days, but back in those days there were studs on his roster like Rasho Nesterovic, who provided superior impact to Humphries in every single way.

GOBB
07-17-2012, 02:30 PM
He's overpaid, but I think it's fine. We're trying to become a force for the ECF here. Either you commit to that goal or you're just wasting everyone's time. IF we decided to give him this contract when we were BAD and destined to be BAD, like the previous two seasons, I'd be inflamed. But if we're trying to get to the ECF and he's the best option to help us do that? Go ahead spend the money. Two years will go by and if he's not worth it, he can moved as an expirer the way Rashard was moved this year.

It's more illegitimate when bystanders are arguing that there are 30-40 people who can do what Kris did the last two seasons. There were 10 other teams that had less than 30 wins last year, and only two of them averaged anything close to a double double, the Kings (Cousins) and Pistons (Monroe). Thinking anyone can average a double double on a bad team is laughable and inane.

Yeah, Nets appear to be pushing all the chips in. I guess when you step back and see how much money they've shelled out this offseason, Kris at $12mil over 2yrs is right on par. I laughed at them considerably when they struck out on clearing all that cap space for the prize winner Travis Outlaw only to get rid of him a year later. Having Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson as your big 3, resigning Brook Shields and Kris Kardashian? Not bad. Ton of cash being dished out and owed, but this was the team that put up the Blueprint for a Dynasty mural. :oldlol: Cant talk about it and not be about it.

07-17-2012, 02:41 PM

Listen, anyone with eyes and half a brain who has watched Hump (like you know, last season) is going to think this is an overpay, by the way if you want to call a person 'dumb' maybe get 'you're' correct, before the irony gets too heavy.

Was it a bad move? We'll see, knee jerk reactions especially without quality information and context, such as what the FO is planning to do with this, are pretty useless.

Carry on :hammerhead:

LA_Showtime
07-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Prok reminds me of the old Mark Cuban. Spend to spend.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes. When no other person on your team tries to get rebounds and you are the only person playing close to the basket: it is easier to get rebounds. Elementary basketball.

Johan Petro and Shelden Williams don't belong on an NBA roster, period. Humphries is a solid rotation big, worth about 4 million per year. He's not even that much better than he was during his Toronto days, but back in those days there were studs on his roster like Rasho Nesterovic, who provided superior impact to Humphries in every single way.

There were 11 teams under 30 wins this year. Only two of those teams had a guy that averaged a double-double: The Nets with Kris and the Kings with Cousins. Then you had the Pistons and Warriors who had Greg Monroe and David Lee that were very close to a double-double.

If it was so easy, then how come all the other bad teams don't have guys that do it, if there are 30-40 options available to them?

niko
07-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't see an argument really.

Is he overpaid? YES. Welcome to the NBA.
Is it a bad contract? NO. It doesn't limit their flexibility and losing him would basically put the a 4 short of a starting lineup.
So good signing, bad money, but justifiable.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Prok reminds me of the old Mark Cuban. Spend to spend.

Not exactly. He is very liberal with the spending, but it's not as if we're adding pieces that don't fit like Cuban used to do with adding guys like Jamison, Antoine Walker, who didn't address a need. Each of the players we've got this off-season has addressed a need.

Overpaying? Probably. But if we don't make the ECF (or within reasonable distance), it would've been a failure. I think our chances are fairly decent.

LA_Showtime
07-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Not exactly. He is very liberal with the spending, but it's not as if we're adding pieces that don't fit like Cuban used to do with adding guys like Jamison, Antoine Walker, who didn't address a need. Each of the players we've got this off-season has addressed a need.

Overpaying? Probably. But if we don't make the ECF (or within reasonable distance), it would've been a failure. I think our chances are fairly decent.

I meant the part where he overpays everyone, not where he randomly brings together a bunch of talent that doesn't fit.

RRR3
07-17-2012, 03:10 PM
This team isn't a real threat to Miami, Boston or Chicago (w/ Rose) though so not sure if all the spending is worth it.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 03:15 PM
I meant the part where he overpays everyone, not where he randomly brings together a bunch of talent that doesn't fit.

In this case nothing is held against him. Did you expect him to say no to Joe? Or when the Nets failed in getting D12, and Lopez already had two MAX offers on the table? Did you expect him to let Lopez go and Hump go, and Gerald go? He had to fork over money to KEEP these players. He didn't jusy agree to pay for them for no reason. If he didn't "overpay", Hump, Gerald, and Brook would be gone. Thus Deron would be gone too. His spending is not bad in this situation.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
There were 11 teams under 30 wins this year. Only two of those teams had a guy that averaged a double-double: The Nets with Kris and the Kings with Cousins. Then you had the Pistons and Warriors who had Greg Monroe and David Lee that were very close to a double-double.

If it was so easy, then how come all the other bad teams don't have guys that do it, if there are 30-40 options available to them?

Because those teams have more than one rebounding player on the roster, and don't have rebounding hustle players like Humphries playing 35 minutes a game.

Give a terribly average player like Drew Gooden 35 minutes a game on the Nets playing next to Shelden Williams and he would average a double double. You are kidding yourself if you disagree.

Take Your Lumps
07-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Knicks 2.0

hawkfan
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Boy the lockout was a real success, wasn't it.

Droid101
07-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Looking for a reason why Kris Humphries is getting $12 million a year? Just look at the cap math from the Brooklyn Nets’ perspective ... and then turn your gaze toward Florida.

If they’re thinking about trading for Dwight Howard after Jan. 15, when Brook Lopez is trade eligible -- and most certainly, they are -- then signing Humphries to a short contract of this size makes all kinds of sense.

The reason is that it allows the Nets to take back much bigger contracts from Orlando in a trade. Paying Humphries $12 million means that the combination of Humphries, Tyshawn Taylor and Reggie Evans can be used to take back $18.6 million in contracts from Orlando -- which conveniently, is exactly enough to swallow the contracts of Orlando veterans Glen Davis, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson and clean the Magic’s books going forward.

Do that, then put Lopez and MarShon Brooks in a deal for Howard (again, just clearing enough salary from the New Jersey end to take back his salary from Orlando), throw in all the same draft picks New Jersey would give in the original deal, and the trade still works. In fact, it works better, since the Nets can swallow a bit more salary in this one than in the deal mooted over the summer.

As for the fine print, Brooks almost certainly would be routed to a third team for another draft pick for Orlando, but the trade would be cap-legal regardless. Routing Humphries to a third team would prove more problematic, but again it would be cap-legal if it happened as long as all the goodies went back to the Magic. After all this, the Magic would have a signed frontcourt of Humphries and Lopez and, if they cut Hedo Turkoglu, have max cap space in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/47923/to-make-sense-of-nets-deal-look-south

R.I.P.
07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
..and back on the Howard to Nets-bandwagon ESPN is. Every move is made to acquire Dwight. You

wang4three
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Because those teams have more than one rebounding player on the roster, and don't have rebounding hustle players like Humphries playing 35 minutes a game.

Give a terribly average player like Drew Gooden 35 minutes a game on the Nets playing next to Shelden Williams and he would average a double double. You are kidding yourself if you disagree.

Name 29-39 people outside of Drew Gooden that can do this. You're kidding yourself if think there that many. You're also terrible incorrect if you think teams like Charlotte or Toronto have multiple rebounding forces. And by your logic, you're basically lumping David Lee and Greg Monroe into the same category since their competition for rebounds is pretty slim.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Name 29-39 people outside of Drew Gooden that can do this. You're kidding yourself if think there that many. You're also terrible incorrect if you think teams like Charlotte or Toronto have multiple rebounding forces. And by your logic, you're basically lumping David Lee and Greg Monroe into the same category since their competition for rebounds is pretty slim.
lets be real here. they (along with GS and detroit and I think charlotte) were by far the worst rebounding teams last season. None of those dudes had much help (and have somewhat inflated rb # because of it).

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 05:10 PM
lets be real here. they (along with GS and detroit and I think charlotte) were by far the worst rebounding teams last season. None of those dudes had much help (and have somewhat inflated rb # because of it).
Idk how your surroundings determines stats. LeBron averaged 30 points in Cleveland and is averaging 28 in Miami. According to your theory he should average much lower in Miami because he is playing alongside two other 20 ppg scorers. Yet his statistics are nearly identical for both teams despite completely different situations. Hump has been steadily improving year in and year out and his work cannot be undervalued because of a weak front court. Your logic is terrible.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Idk how your surroundings determines stats. LeBron averaged 30 points in Cleveland and is averaging 28 in Miami. According to your theory he should average much lower in Miami because he is playing alongside two other 20 ppg scorers. Yet his statistics are nearly identical for both teams despite completely different situations. Hump has been steadily improving year in and year out and his work cannot be undervalued because of a weak front court. Your logic is terrible.
hes a top 5 rebounder in the league, yet his team had the 4th? worst rb rate. what does that tell you? that the rest of the squad are below par rebounders. and, most likely, he gets extra garbage rbs (like ben wallace used to) just by being the only one in position.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
And by saying hump has nobody beside him to grab rebounds is a compliment to him. He has to go up against other frontcourts all by himself and grab rebounds over them all by himself. He doesn't have somebody to ask for help.
Again your logic is terrible.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 05:17 PM
what a butthurt toolbox you are.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 05:18 PM

Garnett
Chandler
Brand
Noah
Boozer
Hibbert
West
Bogut
Ersan
Monroe
Maxiell
Varejao
Jamison
Bosh
Horford
Smith
Howard
McGee
Nene
Ibaka
Perkins
Faried
Jefferson
Favors
Millsap
Aldridge
Camby
Hickson
Love
Pekovic
Gasol
Bynum
Griffin
Jordan
Martin
Gortat
Lee
Kwame
Cousins
Thompson
Duncan
Blair
Other Gasol
Zach
Dirky
Scola
Dalembert
Okafor
Landry
Kaman

And those are just the most obvious suspects. I don't feel like counting, but even the most marginal talents on that list could still average a double double on those Nets.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 05:19 PM

Ben Wallace will be regarded as one of the best rebounders of all time but the Pistons (pre-Rasheed Wallace days) were one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Are we going to discredit him as a rebounder too because of it?

And how much inflating are we really talking about? To use the Ben Wallace example, after Rasheed joined the team, his averages dropped like 2 or 3 rebounds. Which would make Kris a 9-10 rpg player. Not really that bad if you ask me.

His point production most definitely will go down, but his rebounding should be fine. If I take issue with anything Kris does, it's what he does on offense. He tries too much to do what he's not. But as far as rebounding goes, he's a pretty good one, and as good as anyone not named Kevin Love or Dwight Howard.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
what a butthurt toolbox you are.
Toolbox? I have a hammer stored inside and I just nailed you down.:oldlol:

No seriously though, it's extremely commendable when your frontcourt is composed of only one player( hump) and he has to go against the OKC's of the world, spurs, Knicks and so many more and is asked to defend the entire front court on his own and grab rebounds over them on his own. It would be easier if he said "**** it I'll let petro do the work " it's going to be so much easier with Lopez back next year on hump.

tpols
07-17-2012, 05:26 PM

You're wrong. Kris Humphries is a very high energy player.. guys like Drew Gooden wouldnt be able to keep their energy levels high enough to do all of the banging and running around that Kris does. It's very noticeable on the court that he is playing with more intensity at times than anybody else.

tpols
07-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Kris Humphries will average 9+ boards next year. His numbers will drop a little because of Lopez and Evans getting big minutes but there's nothing thats going to stop him from doing what he does especially when the starting center has zero aggressivenes when going for bounds.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Garnett
Chandler
Brand
Noah
Boozer
Hibbert
West
Bogut
Ersan
Monroe
Maxiell
Varejao
Jamison
Bosh
Horford
Smith
Howard
McGee
Nene
Ibaka
Perkins
Faried
Jefferson
Favors
Millsap
Aldridge
Camby
Hickson
Love
Pekovic
Gasol
Bynum
Griffin
Jordan
Martin
Gortat
Lee
Kwame
Cousins
Thompson
Duncan
Blair
Other Gasol
Zach
Dirky
Scola
Dalembert
Okafor
Landry
Kaman

And those are just the most obvious suspects. I don't feel like counting, but even the most marginal talents on that list could still a double double on the Nets.

This is one of the laziest lists I've ever seen put together. Let me list you the top 10 worst rebounding teams:

Celtics
Bobcats
Warriors
Nets
Pistons
Blazers
Hornets
Hawks
Clippers
Heat

Right off the bat, your first guy, Garnett, is on the worst rebounding team and yet didn't average the rebounds. Then you see guys like Okafor, Aldridge, Monroe, DeAndre Jordan who were on bad rebounding teams and couldn't muster up double digit rebounds.

And then you have guys that were on bad teams in the past and have never averaged double digit rebounds: Hickson, Kwame, Hibbert, Thompson, Favors, Scola, Nene.

In some of these cases, they've never even averaged 8.

This is the worst list known to man.

DonDadda59
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM
What the hell was the point of the lockout? Seems like it's the summer of average players getting grossly overpaid. More power to them, if GMs are stupid enough to overpay, no one will say no to that type of money.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM
This is one of the laziest lists I've ever seen put together. Let me list you the top 10 worst rebounding teams:

Celtics
Bobcats
Warriors
Nets
Pistons
Blazers
Hornets
Hawks
Clippers
Heat

Right off the bat, your first guy, Garnett, is on the worst rebounding team and yet didn't average the rebounds. Then you see guys like Okafor, Aldridge, Monroe, DeAndre Jordan who were on bad rebounding teams and couldn't muster up double digit rebounds.

And then you have guys that were on bad teams in the past and have never averaged double digit rebounds: Hickson, Kwame, Hibbert, Thompson, Favors, Scola, Nene.

In some of these cases, they've never even averaged 8.

They could all easily average 10 rebounds in 35 minutes on those Nets playing next to Shelden Williams.

Especially when doing barely anything else. They were simply never put in a situation like that. But everyone can see you are just a blind homer.

tpols
07-17-2012, 05:35 PM
The guy is a moron. We saw McGee on one of the worst frontcourts and teams in the league with all of the opportunity in the world for him to showcase his talent and he sucked. Most of the guys on that list dont have near the nose for the ball or aggressiveness Humphries has. They're just a list of random tall players in the league. :oldlol:

swi7ch
07-17-2012, 05:36 PM
The Nets will pay >60 million dollars just on the starting unit alone: Deron/Johnson/Wallace/Humphries/Lopez.

Talk about wasting money.

Will that lineup even make the playoffs?

boozehound
07-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Ben Wallace will be regarded as one of the best rebounders of all time but the Pistons (pre-Rasheed Wallace days) were one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Are we going to discredit him as a rebounder too because of it?

And how much inflating are we really talking about? To use the Ben Wallace example, after Rasheed joined the team, his averages dropped like 2 or 3 rebounds. Which would make Kris a 9-10 rpg player. Not really that bad if you ask me.

His point production most definitely will go down, but his rebounding should be fine. If I take issue with anything Kris does, it's what he does on offense. He tries too much to do what he's not. But as far as rebounding goes, he's a pretty good one, and as good as anyone not named Kevin Love or Dwight Howard.

I acknowledge (in a second post on this) that ben wallace's stats are also inflated. it comes with the territory. funny how other nets fans get all butthurt about it when its really just an observation (in which I never singled out hump, but also acknowledged lee and moose).

wang4three
07-17-2012, 05:46 PM
They could all easily average 10 rebounds in 35 minutes on those Nets playing next to Shelden Williams.

Especially when doing barely anything else. They were simply never put in a situation like that. But everyone can see you are just a blind homer.

No, I think you're just blind. Kris has averaged 10rpg in 27mpg in the just the season prior. Guys you put up, who've been on bad teams and played significant rebounds couldn't put up 10 rebounds in less than 30 minutes. Kwame Brown? Who was he rebounding against when he was on the Lakers and Bobcats? Diop and Chris Mihm? Didn't even break 8.

Scola is a guy when they were fronting Battier at PF when Yao went down couldn't average 10 rpg. McGee played most of this season with 6'7" Trevor Booker at the 4 and he didn't either.

And barely anything else? The guy was like our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer for most of the season. If anything, his rebounding numbers went down this season because he was asked to score instead of just rebound.

You're just awful.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I acknowledge (in a second post on this) that ben wallace's stats are also inflated. it comes with the territory. funny how other nets fans get all butthurt about it when its really just an observation (in which I never singled out hump, but also acknowledged lee and moose).

Ok, I did not see the other post. I'm not butthurt, I just don't think people can knock Kris as a rebounder. There's plenty of other things you can criticize him for. Whether it be offensively, personally, or mentally. But as a rebounder? That's the one thing he's legitimately good at.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Ok, I did not see the other post. I'm not butthurt, I just don't think people can knock Kris as a rebounder. There's plenty of other things you can criticize him for. Whether it be offensively, personally, or mentally. But as a rebounder? That's the one thing he's legitimately good at.
no, I think you have been reasonable (as you most always are) in this thread. Kris is a good rebounder, no doubt.

niko
07-17-2012, 05:54 PM
I've seen him twice injure teammates knocking them out of the way. For rebounds. :lol he's give it his all.

LJJ
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
No, I think you're just blind. Kris has averaged 10rpg in 27mpg in the just the season prior. Guys you put up, who've been on bad teams and played significant rebounds couldn't put up 10 rebounds in less than 30 minutes. Kwame Brown? Who was he rebounding against when he was on the Lakers and Bobcats? Diop and Chris Mihm? Didn't even break 8.

Scola is a guy when they were fronting Battier at PF when Yao went down couldn't average 10 rpg. McGee played most of this season with 6'7" Trevor Booker at the 4 and he didn't either.

And barely anything else? The guy was like our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer for most of the season. If anything, his rebounding numbers went down this season because he was asked to score instead of just rebound.

You're just awful.

When Kwame played on the Bobcats that was a solid rebounding team. Same with the Lakers. Give him carte blanche on a horrible rebounding team? He could do it. He is one of the weaker cases on my list, I agree, but I think he could do it. He has the physical tools and rebounding ability.

Scola? Averaged 9 rebounds per game in 30 minutes on a team with Yao, Artest, Landry. But he can't average 10 on the Nets? GTFO. The reason he doesn't average monster stats is because he is a consummate team player who doesn't play for stats. He is better than Humphries at literally every single thing involving basketball.

McGee? Doesn't average a double double because he doesn't get to play 35 minutes a game. Would easily do so in those minutes, especially on those Nets. If you think he wouldn't average a double double on the Nets you must be insane.

You can take all the cases you (wrongly) doubt off my list, and still end up with the 29+ guys you asked for.

wang4three
07-17-2012, 06:13 PM
When Kwame played on the Bobcats that was a solid rebounding team. Same with the Lakers.

Scola? Averaged 9 rebounds per game in 30 minutes on a team with Yao, Artest, Landry. But he can't average 10 on the Nets? GTFO. The reason he doesn't average monster stats is because he is a consummate team player who doesn't play for stats. He is better than Humphries at literally every single thing involving basketball.

McGee? Doesn't average a double double because he doesn't get to play 35 minutes a game. Would easily do so in those minutes, especially on those Nets. If you think he wouldn't average a double double on the Nets you must be insane.

You can take all the cases you (wrongly) doubt off my list, and still end up with the 29+ guys you asked for.

I can go on and on about players on that list that aren't averaging 10 rebounds. And you neglect that Kris was averaging 10 rebounds while playing 27 minutes on the Nets. You hinge on the 35+ minute season alone but yet you're allowed to introduce other seasons? So when McGee and Hump played
similar minutes and one did better than the other, it's disregarded?

I could go on about the cases you list. Hickson? Where was that double digit rebounding on the Cavs when they were the 22nd worst rebounding team in the 10-11 season? Aldridge? 6th worst rebounding team in the league, and he has never broken that plane. Maxiell? Never even crossed 7 and he's played similar minutes to Kris' 27 mpg season where he averaged 10. Horford? Atlanta has always been one of the worst rebounding teams the last few seasons and he hasn't crossed 10. In his 35mpg season, his stats look awfully comparable to Kris, if you ask me. Josh Smith? Same thing as Horford. Never averaged 10 and is one of the worst rebounding teams.

I can keep going. It's not worth it though.

ILLsmak
07-17-2012, 06:21 PM
This is a good deal, but Jeremy Lin is overpaid.

yea that's what I was thinking...

guess dude needs to date a Kardashian.

-Smak

DirtySanchez
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
wow...the new CBA didn't do sh*t.

D12"Magic"
07-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Looks like thread went to hell

2LeTTeRS
07-17-2012, 06:49 PM
No one denies the fact that Hump can get numbers. The issue is he's not a difference-maker and he's being paid like one.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 07:01 PM
no, I think you have been reasonable (as you most always are) in this thread. Kris is a good rebounder, no doubt.
I have been preaching humps rebounding and work ethic this entire thread. The way he goes up against frontcourts on his own is amazing. His rebounding and work ethic is what earned him this contract.

LJJ
07-18-2012, 01:48 AM
I can go on and on about players on that list that aren't averaging 10 rebounds. And you neglect that Kris was averaging 10 rebounds while playing 27 minutes on the Nets. You hinge on the 35+ minute season alone but yet you're allowed to introduce other seasons? So when McGee and Hump played
similar minutes and one did better than the other, it's disregarded?

I could go on about the cases you list. Hickson? Where was that double digit rebounding on the Cavs when they were the 22nd worst rebounding team in the 10-11 season? Aldridge? 6th worst rebounding team in the league, and he has never broken that plane. Maxiell? Never even crossed 7 and he's played similar minutes to Kris' 27 mpg season where he averaged 10. Horford? Atlanta has always been one of the worst rebounding teams the last few seasons and he hasn't crossed 10. In his 35mpg season, his stats look awfully comparable to Kris, if you ask me. Josh Smith? Same thing as Horford. Never averaged 10 and is one of the worst rebounding teams.

I can keep going. It's not worth it though.

It's not worth it, because you are completely wrong.

So you are seriously arguing that Josh Smith, Al Horford, Scola or Aldridge aren't vastly superior forwards compared to Kris Humphries, and we are supposed to take you seriously? Are you trolling? Not even the worst homer could be that fanatical.

KDthunderup
07-18-2012, 03:32 AM
wtf? If Humphries is a 12 mill player then Ibaka will be max

kentatm
07-18-2012, 04:19 AM
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/imagecache/350width/Kris-Humphries-signs-deal-Nets-WENN.jpg

http://thecampussocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/mikhail-prokhorov-feature1.jpg

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Malisyn/I2kcZhZuCEiDdK-HwctYGg2.gif