PDA

View Full Version : Coach K names his best player on Team USA

DuMa
07-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Mike Kryzyzewski on LeBron's 30-point Team USA performance Monday, "LeBron played great. I think LeBron is not just a great player; LeBron is a great competitor. When he goes to the basket, he doesn't -- he doesn't get the call, even when he finishes, because he's so strong. He goes through contact. His will to win was the most inspiring thing that we had on our team. He's has a very, very competitive game, our best player."

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8172437/nba-rally-brazil-lebron-james-shows-standard-bearer-team-usa

jlip
07-17-2012, 03:11 PM
In B4...Nevermind

RRR3
LeBron is the best player in the world by a fair margin.

Faptastrophe
Thank you for stating the obvious, Coach K.
The best player in the world is bound to be the best player in any team he plays.

b1imtf
07-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Wow, so surprising :rolleyes:

get these NETS
07-17-2012, 03:15 PM
coack K KNOWS he has a team with some ULTRA competitive guys....and on top of motivation to win.....this is EXTRA motivation for each guy to play better (within team concept)

I like what he's doing.......he's been around greatest players in the world since the REAL dream team and he understands which buttons to push this time

O_City_Thunder
07-17-2012, 03:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Mr. Incredible
07-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Truth.

pauk
07-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Well ofcourse...? I agree with the "When he goes to the basket, he doesn't -- he doesn't get the call, even when he finishes, because he's so strong" part aswell.... lots of times there is contact you can barelly notice because due to his size/strength/athleticism going against either undersized or weak perimeter guys it looks like nothing happened to him, players got away with such fouls on Shaq aswell.... its like if you punch/push a wall with all your might, nothing happens to the wall, but you still threw a punch/pushed... and that is a foul...

swi7ch
07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Soon to be #2 on the GOAT list! :bowdown:

DonDadda59
07-17-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/captain-obvious-09.jpg

Faptastrophe
07-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Soon to be #2 on the GOAT list! :bowdown:
Idiot. :facepalm

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 03:33 PM
fact is.... lebron needed kobe to decline before this happend

last time kobe was the best player in the nba he won finals mvp averaging 30ppg in the playoffs

2011 was his drop off year when he realised his body couldnt hold up anymore. needed that knee surgery in germany just to stay in the league after that... i'm actually surprised hes back up to 28ppg... a top 3-4 player in the nba in his 17th year is amaizing

lebron is the best... but only by default.. his best competition is nearly retired..

durant is the next guy but hes not even prime yet

Metroid
07-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I thought it was Kobe. Why aren't his friends here aren't stepping up defending his honor?

Edit: Never mind. Kenneth came.

RRR3
07-17-2012, 03:35 PM

last time kobe was the best player in the nba he won finals mvp averaging 30ppg in the playoffs

2011 was his drop off year when he realised his body couldnt hold up anymore. needed that knee surgery in germany just to stay in the league after that... i'm actually surprised hes back up to 28ppg... a top 3-4 player in the nba in his 17th year is amaizing

lebron is the best... but only by default.. his best competition is nearly retired..

LeBron has been the best player in the world since 2008-09

I<3NBA
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM

and Kobe needed Shaq to decline to be the best player as well. nothing new here dude. the new generation replaces the old generation.

pauk
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM

:rolleyes: Lebron was individually more overall productive/efficient/dominant (even against Kobe himself in the matchups) since his 2nd year in the NBA...
Also based on what he & Kobe had to work with around them Lebron impacted his teams success MUCH better than Kobe did....

DaSeba5
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Captain Obvious lol

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 03:39 PM

no he hasnt

lebron just now in 2012 figured out how to win and not choke

in 2008-09 he was still a choker... still verry fragile mentally... not a winner

kobe was the best from 2005-06 till 2009-10

before this year lebron was just the best 3 q player in the league..

nothing you say can change my mind

EllisGW
07-17-2012, 03:42 PM
no he hasnt

in 2008-09 he was still a choker... still verry fragile mentally... not a winner

he does not care about changing your mind, he is just pointing out that you are clueless about the game of basketball

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes: Lebron was individually more overall productive/efficient/dominant (even against Kobe himself in the matchups) since his 2nd year in the NBA...
Also based on what he & Kobe had to work with around them Lebron impacted his teams success MUCH better than Kobe did....

you're right... when lebron was doing his thing ( ala ,, 1st, 2nd, 3rd q's ) in 2008 ... 2009 and 2010 he was the most productive player

but its a 4 quarter game... he just now this year got over his fears of criticism and stopped defering or shying or bricking..

lebron this year proved hes officially the best player

but its 2-3 years too late...

RRR3
07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
"lebron was a choker in 2008-09" :yaohappy:
Averaging 38-8-8 and draining buzzer beater threes in the ecf is choking :roll:
Lebron haters hold him to highest standards than any other player :lol

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 03:49 PM
he does not care about changing your mind, he is just pointing out that you are clueless about the game of basketball

yea because i'm the only one who saw lebron choke for 8 years and shy under pressure... put up bricks at the ft line late in games

i guess i imagined all those times he shrunk as a player... all those times he was considered the biggest underachiver in league history

i guess he didnt miss the finals those 2 straight years he had 60+ win teams

i guess that never happend

common idiots.... lebron in 2012 finally showed up as a complete basketball player... hes finally mature. he finally proved hes the best player

that should be good enough for you clowns

why try and bring up the past? lebrons past is garbage and hurts his image...

LOL wow... 17ppg in the finals a year ago.. heat with 3 hof'rs in their prime losing to 2 hof'rs past their prime... god awful display

been a nightmare for lebron at the end of every single year before 2012... give me a break...

mvp never made you the best... nash has never been the best.... so mvps for lebron in 2009 and 2010 didnt mean crap to me...

the real way you prove your the best is putting on all time shows in the playoffs on the way to a finals mvp and championship

not lucking out a finals mvp... not being default finals mvp...

i mean by averaging 33/8/5 and winning finals mvp... thats how you do it

kobe did that in 2009

then back to backed a year later

... kobe from 2006 till 2010... best player period

kobe from 2001-2010 = player of the decade by tnt, sporting news, S.I.

this is now lebrons turn... quit trying to compare him to guys he just cant win against

RRR3
07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Kobetards furious :yaohappy:

Lebron23
07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Coach K congratulated LeBron after Miami won the NBA Championship last month. He's one of his favorite players of all time.

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 03:52 PM
"lebron was a choker in 2008-09" :yaohappy:
Averaging 38-8-8 and draining buzzer beater threes in the ecf is choking :roll:
Lebron haters hold him to highest standards than any other player :lol

yes he was a choker in 2008-09

choking isnt averages... its how you finish games moron

L8k3r5
:no: :rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
Kobetards furious :yaohappy:

leboners in denial

:yaohappy:

just what exactly do you think has beens lebrons biggest criticism over the past 9 years?

lebron being a choker is as worldy known and accepted as hulk hogan being bald

RRR3
07-17-2012, 03:53 PM
yes he was a choker in 2008-09

choking isnt averages... its how you finish games moron
Good lord you're stupid. Lebron led the nba in 4th quarter scoring back then u furious lol

RRR3
07-17-2012, 03:54 PM
:no: :rolleyes:
Common knowledge. I guess 2011 is debatable

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Good lord you're stupid. Lebron led the nba in 4th quarter scoring back then u furious lol

and after scoring 10 4th q points after 8 minutes... his last 4 minutes would consist of 3-4 turnovers, 2-3 missed ft's and settling for missed threes

honestly ... lebron fans think lebron has never been a choker? really? its his nickname for christ sake... "LECHOKE"

AlonzoGOAT
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
you're right... when lebron was doing his thing ( ala ,, 1st, 2nd, 3rd q's ) in 2008 ... 2009 and 2010 he was the most productive player

but its a 4 quarter game... he just now this year got over his fears of criticism and stopped defering or shying or bricking..

lebron this year proved hes officially the best player

but its 2-3 years too late...

Your a retard if you think lebron was not the best player before this year cmon now how can you be so butt hurt :facepalm Even lakers GM claim he was the best player in 2009 :applause:. Why are you so upset at lebron even cav fans know this

KyrieTheFuture
We get it you don't like LeBron. Just shut the **** up about. We're not changing your opinion and you aren't changing ours. Stop purposefully annoying everyone on this board.

RRR3
and after scoring 10 4th q points after 8 minutes... his last 4 minutes would consist of 3-4 turnovers, 2-3 missed ft's and settling for missed threes
Pulling stats out of your doesn't make it true. Lebron has 5-6 game winners in playoffs Kobe 7, but Kobe played twice as long.

Next

Lebron23
07-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Kennethgriffin got pwned in this thread.

eliteballer
07-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Pulling stats out of your doesn't make it true. Lebron has 5-6 game winners in playoffs Kobe 7, but Kobe played twice as long.

Next

Kobe's playoff competition has also been twice as hard.

Kobes just chilling on this team, letting the young guns handle it, but when the time comes.....

AlonzoGOAT
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM

Kobes just chilling on this team, letting the young guns handle it, but when the time comes.....

He's missing open 3s on purpose? Pretty sure kobe isn't a bitch to do that. He shot 7 in the first 25 minutes though :facepalm

KyrieTheFuture
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Kennethgriffin got pwned in this thread.

Grass is green. He never knows what he's talking about.

RRR3
07-17-2012, 04:01 PM

No he's not just "chilling" lebron is just better than him

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Your a retard if you think lebron was not the best player before this year cmon now how can you be so butt hurt :facepalm Even lakers GM claim he was the best player in 2009 :applause:

best statistical player ... yes

most efficient overall stats... yes

best player period? no

when has duncan ever been a stat stuffer? never... has he been the best player before? yes...

some of the best players all time would sacrifice their stats to make others better or let others get going

magic, bird, russell, kobe, duncan, hakeem... they all could have averaged 5-6 more points on their career... they all could have averaged more assists and rebounds... but they were constantly on contenders... they knew when to dial it back

lebrons never known how to dial it back and has cost his team playoff series a few times trying to do too much

even now on this miami team hes turned bosh into a bench warmer role player and wade into a 3rd team player... i'm surprised they won the title playing that way

but in the end.. fact is... stats never = best player

kobe had the more polished game for many years... better footwork.. better left hand. better midrange game. better post player

lebrons gotten better in the post but even while hes the best player in the nba right now hes still got holes in his game. he still hasnt mastered the game of basketball

nba champion in an asterisk shortend lockout year with shady reffing and 2 other hof'rs in their prime being his kick stands... yea sure

best player by default because everyone else is past their prime or not in their prime yet... yea sure

choker for most of his life... yes

this is common knowledge

GET A GRIP ON REALITY IDIOTS

AlonzoGOAT
07-17-2012, 04:05 PM
best statistical player ... yes

most efficient overall stats... yes

best player period? no

when has duncan ever been a stat stuffer? never... has he been the best player before? yes...

some of the best players all time would sacrifice their stats to make others better or let others get going

magic, bird, russell, kobe, duncan, hakeem... they all could have averaged 5-6 more points on their career... they all could have averaged more assists and rebounds... but they were constantly on contenders... they knew when to dial it back

lebrons never known how to dial it back and has cost his team playoff series a few times trying to do too much

even now on this miami team hes turned bosh into a bench warmer role player and wade into a 3rd team player... i'm surprised they won the title playing that way

but in the end.. fact is... stats never = best player

kobe had the more polished game for many years... better footwork.. better left hand. better midrange game. better post player

lebrons gotten better in the post but even while hes the best player in the nba right now hes still got holes in his game. he still hasnt mastered the game of basketball

nba champion in an asterisk shortend lockout year with shady reffing and 2 other hof'rs in their prime being his kick stands... yea sure

best player by default because everyone else is past their prime or not in their prime yet... yea sure

choker for most of his life... yes

this is common knowledge

GET A GRIP ON REALITY IDIOTS

How exactly does that make him a better player :roll: :roll: Your a huge troll and as delusional as SacJB :facepalm

RRR3
Kennethgriffin when lebron won:
http://constructionservicesgroup.com/homeremodelerspringtx.com/wp-admin/js/donald-duck-angry-gif-i8.gif

LikeABosh
no he hasnt

In 08-09 Lebron averaged 56 points on 56% shooting, 85% from the FT line, 42% from three, 15 rebounds, 14 assists, 2 blocks, and 4 steals per 48 minutes of clutch time. Some choker he was...

KG215
07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
We need a pauk vs. kennethgriffin thread where they're the only two who post. There would be many lolz to be had.

kennethgriffin
Grass is green. He never knows what he's talking about.

i speak common knowledge most fans around the world agree with me on

hardcore lebron fans on a message board have a verry different opinion compared to 99% of the world

i speak about actual facts. actual choking.

lebron fans come back with "PER"

they actually think your not a choker if your overall collective stats are good

that means they dont even know what the definition of choking means

:hammerhead:

i would say i owned them. but they would have to understand what is being said in order to be owned... otherwise they just belong with rainman in a mental institution

All Net
Why is this news worthy? Lebron has been the clear best since 09 IMO

Smoke117
07-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Kobe hasn't been the best player in the league in years if he EVER was the best player in the league for one single season.

KyrieTheFuture
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
What a sad sad little boy you are.

AlonzoGOAT
07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Mormon knocking on my door I can get more insight on reality then kenneth brb

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Kennethgriffin when lebron won:
http://constructionservicesgroup.com/homeremodelerspringtx.com/wp-admin/js/donald-duck-angry-gif-i8.gif

refs slapping hands with spolstra

dan crawford + miami being what? 15-1 when he refs... 48-40 when he doesnt

lockout year

half a ring

factual asterisks in nba historical records

ring chasing

colluding

3 hof'rs in their prime

bought championship

after kobes prime

full 5 > 0.5

i'l admit its never fun watching another team win other than my lakers

but i got a bunch of fuel to help my case

RRR3
07-17-2012, 04:11 PM

lockout year

half a ring

ring chasing

colluding

3 hof'rs in their prime

bought championship

after kobes prime

full 5 > 0.5

Why are you so insecure about lebrons greatness?

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Kobe hasn't been the best player in the league in years if he EVER was the best player in the league for one single season.

wtf are you talking about

2005-06 = 81 point game, 35/5/5, 1st team all nba, 1st team defense
2006-07 = 4 straight 50+ games, 33/5/5, 1st team all nba, 1st team all D
2007-08 = season mvp, 28/5/5, 1st team all nba, 1st team D, olympic gold medal game mvp, nba finals
2008-09 = 27/5/5, 1st team all nba, 1st team D, 2nd straight finals, finals mvp, nba champion
2009-10 = 27/5/5, 1st team all nba, 1st team D, 3rd straight finals, 2nd straight finals mvp, 2nd straight nba championship

this is kobes prime and time attop the nba... deal with it

AlonzoGOAT
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM

lockout year

half a ring

ring chasing

colluding

3 hof'rs in their prime

bought championship

after kobes prime

full 5 > 0.5

So because there's a lockout year he has an advantage? If kobe won won you would be going crazy but because it's lebron:facepalm. Everyone had to del with the same thing. How is bosh a HOF and how is wade in his prime? He is suffering from injuries. So Kobe has 1 hof and so does lebron what is this bullshit fuel?

LikeABosh
07-17-2012, 04:14 PM

lockout year

half a ring

ring chasing

colluding

3 hof'rs in their prime

bought championship

after kobes prime

full 5 > 0.5

This guy talks about Lebron havig help from refs and HOFers, meanwhile he's a Lakers fan. :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Why are you so insecure about lebrons greatness?
because it seems manufactured...

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
This guy talks about Lebron havig help from refs and HOFers, meanwhile he's a Lakers fan. :roll: :roll:

post a youtube clip of a ref high fiving phil jackson

RRR3
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
because it seems manufactured...
:facepalm

kennethgriffin
07-17-2012, 04:19 PM
:facepalm

are we gonna act like the heat werent manufactured like some kind of "automatic ring team" and proving the entire nba community that all you really need to win is 3 ring chasers and a bunch of bum scrubs jacking threes from those other guys double teams... they didnt even have an inside post player or big man... they made the nba look bad.. now everyone thinks this is the way to win.. just buy a few good players and who cares about building a solid bench or all around team

manufactured... bought and paid for... ring it up... no wonder the heat had a title celebration right after they got together... nba is wack now

glad my lakers are buying into the idea... kobe/nash/howard... we'l get the job done next year

LikeABosh
07-17-2012, 04:21 PM
post a youtube clip of a ref high fiving phil jackson
It wasn't a high five you stupid f*ck. Speolstra was stepping too far onto the court so the ref put his hand on his chest to gesture him to step back. If that's how you high five people, youv'e been doing it wrong. :lol

AlonzoGOAT
07-17-2012, 04:24 PM
It wasn't a high five you stupid f*ck. Speolstra was stepping too far onto the court so the ref put his hand on his chest to gesture him to step back. If that's how you high five people, youv'e been doing it wrong. :lol

This but this ignorant retard deludes himself to what he ants to see towards his agenda :facepalm

boozehound
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
even those of us who think he is a twit realize he is clearly the best player in the game.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi Twin!

TheBigVeto
07-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Kobe be mad.

Zackmorris
07-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Really? I thought Iggy was the best player on Team USA....:rolleyes:

thelucifer69
07-17-2012, 09:20 PM

he missed 7 playoffs Game winner in the row :roll:

lebeast666
07-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Even with any choking, he still been the best cause the fuking league is a playground for Lebron :oldlol:

Draz
07-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Agreed.