PDA

View Full Version : The Official "F&ck You, James Dolan" thread

bagelred
07-17-2012, 10:34 PM
It's Official

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone

The Knicks just confirmed they are not matching Houston's offer sheet to Jeremy Lin.

To my fellow Knicks fans and others who'd like to join, let us all say what needs to be said. Get creative.

I'll just start with the very basic "James Dolan, **** You!"

Batz
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Suck a ****, James Dolan.

Faptastrophe
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Good ol' times:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif Official Jeremy Lin photos and pictures thread. Linsanity photoshops! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250970)

StateOfMind12
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Is it really all James Dolan's fault or doesn't their GM Grundwald also a part of it?

Either way the Knicks are about as dumb as they come. The first time they have a potential star in the making is also the first time they choose not to potentially overpay that player.

Dumbest organization in the NBA, I would seriously just go on over and become a fan of Brooklyn if I lived in NY.

RRR3
07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Good ol' times:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif Official Jeremy Lin photos and pictures thread. Linsanity photoshops! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250970)
Good times :cry: And for the last time, fap where's my gif? :mad: :no:

Rowe
07-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Thank You, James Dolan.

$45 Million counting the Tax hit in Year 3 for Jeremy Lin would have made us the laughingstock of the NBA.

Good luck Jeremy. I hope you average 20+ PPG in Houston and come back after your contract is up in 3 years to play in a big market.

Jeremy Lin in 2015:cheers:

ClutchOver9000
07-17-2012, 10:43 PM
eh...

KyrieTheFuture
07-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Another blemish on recent Knicks management track record.

PejaNowitzki
07-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Is it really all James Dolan's fault or doesn't their GM Grundwald also a part of it?

Either way the Knicks are about as dumb as they come. The first time they have a potential star in the making is also the first time they choose not to potentially overpay that player.

Dumbest organization in the NBA, I would seriously just go on over and become a fan of Brooklyn if I lived in NY.

I blame Carmelo, if his bitch ass had stayed injured, Linsanity would have never died out and the Knicks would have gone all the way, being the 2nd NY team to win a title this year.

Rowe
07-17-2012, 10:45 PM

Yes.

Dolan controls the money, he doesn't care how its spent.

This time he stepped up and made a non-basketball relation decision evaluating risk/reward on the court over making some extra money in endorsements/merchandise.

Dolan refused to swallow the "Poison Pill" this time.

AK47DR91
07-17-2012, 10:45 PM
I should have just stuck with the Celtics. :facepalm

I should have known this shitty franchise will always **** things up in my lifetime.

Heavincent
07-17-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually thought the Knicks made the right decision here. Lin is not worth that much money.

Sarcastic
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Here's your new home:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

niko

You're clearly not a Knick fan, please stop posting like represent us.

As far as James Dolan, he'll burn in hell. Anyone who keeps Isiah as a friend has something bad coming up, probably from him.

Rowe
I blame Carmelo, if his bitch ass had stayed injured, Linsanity would have never died out and the Knicks would have gone all the way, being the 2nd NY team to win a title this year.

Of course.

Jeremy Lin
Landry Fields
Steve Novakaine
Jared Jeffries
Tyson Chandler

Coach: Mike Antoni

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Would've swept Miami.

SevereUpInHere
Man, I'm pissed off, I don't see why we don't just match. F*ck this.

And also f*ck Lin for going behind our backs and screwing us over.

ClutchOver9000

I should have known this shitty franchise will always **** things up in my lifetime.

ah....so you're the guy who claimed to be a Knicks fan that wanted to switch to Nets then went on to tell us you were also a diehard Celts fan?

Or was that someone else?

Rowe

Stick with the Celtics.

No need for bandwagon jumpers.

christian1923
07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
He pays big bucks for

Jerome James
Eddy Curry
Antonio mcdyess
Kieth Van Horn
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Q Richardson
Malik Rose
Jefferies
Randolph
Francis
Tim Thomas
allen houston
Maurice Taylor
al harrington
Duhon
Melo
Amare

But not Gods Gift Jeremy Lin....

tough day to be a knicks fan..

StateOfMind12
07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
You're clearly not a Knick fan, please stop posting like represent us.

As far as James Dolan, he'll burn in hell. Anyone who keeps Isiah as a friend has something bad coming up, probably from him.
I never said I was a Knicks fan did I? I'm just speaking out my thoughts on how stupid they are.

Lin is better than Melo, I agree with that, rest? Not so much, lol.

NYK_Stan
07-17-2012, 10:49 PM
James Dolan, please take a moment to step back, take in the scenery, and PULL YOUR GODDAMN HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLE... phaggit ass bitch ass n1gga
:coleman:

SevereUpInHere
07-17-2012, 10:50 PM
I never said I was a Knicks fan did I? I'm just speaking out my thoughts on how stupid they are.

:facepalm Melo has become the most underrated player in the league.

rezznor
07-17-2012, 10:50 PM
coming from an asian and a rockets fan, i really don't see what the big deal is aside from hype and marketing. Dragic is better imo, and i'm pissed we let him go. Lin is serviceable and i do hope that he becomes a top pg with us, but i have my doubts.

still, it's a pretty good deal for houston. $5 mil the first two years is cheap, and if he sucks he can get traded as an expirer. if he's good then he will be worth the money and we keep him.

StateOfMind12
07-17-2012, 10:51 PM
:facepalm Melo has become the most underrated player in the league.
Ok, Lin isn't better than Melo right now but there is no doubt Lin will be better and I certainly would rather build around Lin than Melo.

I really hope you Knicks fans are expecting a title or any playoff success anytime soon because Melo has the worst playoff record among any star. Melo will never lead the Knicks anywhere. He will turn into what Amare was last season in two seasons or maybe even next season.

niko
07-17-2012, 10:52 PM

You've constantly talked about not watching them anymore, and talking about how much they need Lin, etc. You don't even follow us? Are you kidding? :facepalm

StateofMind12 is a dolan.

Rowe
07-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Man, I'm pissed off, I don't see why we don't just match. F*ck this.

And also f*ck Lin for going behind our backs and screwing us over.

Because the tax hit to keep Lin on the team would've been ridiculous.

We're talking $40 Million in total for that 3rd year, and nobody is sure if Lin is legit or not. Management was clearly split on him to begin with and "Linsanity" didn't really change things, it only made them more skeptical after he sat out the Playoffs against the Miami Heat.

Look at it like this:

If he proves himself in Houston these next 3 years, Dolan will pay him big money to come back in 2015. If he goes to Houston and becomes forgotten then Dolan will feel like a genius and then hire an unemployed Daryl Morey as our next GM.

Either way, Dolan can't lose.

coin24
07-17-2012, 10:54 PM
The Knicks are smart for not matching. Lin is overrated as fu*k. I cant believe some people rate him over Melo:roll:
ISH retards in full force today:applause:

AK47DR91
07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
ah....so you're the guy who claimed to be a Knicks fan that wanted to switch to Nets then went on to tell us you were also a diehard Celts fan?

Or was that someone else?
For clarification.

-Was a Knicks fan in the 90's that was led by JVG
-Fairweather Knicks fan by 2001-07
-Became a Celtics fan when the Big 3 formed, but not really into them like I was with my 90's Knicks
-Decided to return to the Knicks because of Linsanity

So deep down in my heart I was always a Knicks fan. I just hate the way they've operated the last 10 years.

Now, I should probably just start fresh with the Brooklyn Nets. New location, new favorite team.

Rowe
Ok, Lin isn't better than Melo right now but there is no doubt Lin will be better and I certainly would rather build around Lin than Melo.

I really hope you Knicks fans are expecting a title or any playoff success anytime soon because Melo has the worst playoff record among any star. Melo will never lead the Knicks anywhere. He will turn into what Amare was last season in two seasons or maybe even next season.

Thanks for your well wishes RG.

ClutchOver9000
The Knicks are smart for not matching. Lin is overrated as fu*k. I cant believe some people rate him over Melo:roll:

the day the retards AREN'T out in full force would be the first.

Big_Dogg
07-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Knicks fans will probably be thanking Dolan in a year or 2, about time you didn't overpay for a flash in the pan

christian1923
07-17-2012, 10:57 PM

We're talking $40 Million in total for that 3rd year, and nobody is sure if Lin is legit or not. Management was clearly split on him to begin with and "Linsanity" didn't really change things, it only made them more skeptical after he sat out the Playoffs against the Miami Heat.

Look at it like this:

If he proves himself in Houston these next 3 years, Dolan will pay him big money to come back in 2015. If he goes to Houston and becomes forgotten then Dolan will feel like a genius and then hire an unemployed Daryl Morey as our next GM.

If by Year 3 the Melo Amare and Lin trio wasnt working we could easily trade one or two of those expiring contracts. Thats just an excuse for not signing Lin. There must be a deeper reason. (melo)

Knicks ****ing charge 300+ dollars for a crappy seat at bobcats game.. they have more than enough money to pay for lin.

Why let a 23 year old point guard leave? for a fatass and a old vet who is getting dui's.. dont make no sense....

Rowe
07-17-2012, 10:57 PM

Don't you know Melo weighs 300lbs, shoots 20% from the field, hates his teammates, gets his coaches fired, & wouldn't even be a 6th Man on the Bobcats?

If not, then you can't speak on Carmelo Anthony.

niko
07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
For clarification.

-Became a Celtics fan when the Big 3 formed, but not really into them like I was with my 90's Knicks

So deep down in my heart I was always a Knicks fan. I just hate the way they've operated the last 10 years.

Now, I should probably just start fresh with the Brooklyn Nets. New location, new favorite team.
you're a horrible fan. im sorry but wtf. You can't be a Knick fan who becomes a Celtic fan for awhile. Deep down in your heart you're a horrible fairweather fan.

:lol please be a net fan. That whole fanbase (save the OG's) is going to be transitional based on who they get. You'll fit right in.

ClutchOver9000
07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
For clarification.

:lol my god you have no shame in your bandwagonning....

you would make a Heat fan proud.

Droid101
07-17-2012, 10:59 PM
So let me see if I got this straight:

NOW the New York Knicks are worried about financial prudence? Not when Amare Stoudemire signed a five-year, $95 million deal that nobody else was coming close to offering. Not when they burned any chance of a do-over by using the amnesty on Chauncey Billups. Not when they just agreed to spend over $10 million a year on Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton, even though none of them were any good last season.

And NOW they're talking about how well the pieces fit? Not when they traded for Carmelo Anthony to play with Stoudemire. Not when they had Mike D'Antoni coaching both of them. Not when they added other questionably fitting parts -- the aforementioned Camby and Felton, as well as Baron Davis and J.R. Smith -- and hoped the talent would offset their Frankensteinian fusion of non-complementary abilities.

But NOW?

The shocking thing about New York's decision not to match the Houston Rockets' three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet to Jeremy Lin -- and, to a lesser extent, not to match the Toronto Raptors' three-year, $20 million offer sheet to Landry Fields -- is that it flies completely in the face of their entire rationale in building this team.

Money wasn't supposed to matter. They were going to keep spending to build a champion.

Well, apparently now they care. By not keeping Lin and Fields, the Knicks have essentially yanked a half-baked cake out of the oven. They're over the luxury tax with no starting-caliber backcourt players and an uneasy Amare-Melo alliance up front. If they're trying to go 44-38 and still pay tax each of the next three years, they're off to a great start.

Of course, this was a money decision, and keeping Lin was going to cost some serious cash. I'm sure some small-market teams are high-fiving now that they've finally made a luxury tax punitive enough for a big-market team to care about it.

The luxury tax hit on Lin's $14.9 million salary in 2014-15 was going to be enormous; depending on your assumptions, it was likely to end up close to $30 million, bringing the total cost of employing Lin that season to $45 million. You could argue that Stoudemire or Anthony's contract is costing just as much, so it's not fair to say that Lin's deal is the one pushing them over. But given the money they've already sunk, an economist would rightly describe the $45 million figure in 2014-15 as the marginal cost of matching the Lin deal.

The Knicks, as our Larry Coon pointed out, could have reduced that bill to an extent by using the stretch provision on Lin, but that's almost as bad -- it's perhaps $25 million instead of $45 million, depending on which years the Knicks are in the tax, but you're paying Lin not to play and still need to spend more money (and tax) on somebody to play point guard.

Matching Fields and Lin would have produced an even more obscene wage bill that year; the Knicks' starting backcourt would have cost around $75 million in salary and tax, which is more than nearly every team's payroll in the NBA right now.

But again, the Knicks operated like this wasn't a problem. The tax on Lin's deal might be much easier to handle if they weren't also paying a combined $7.2 million in guaranteed money to Camby, Kidd and Felton that season, even though the first two will be in their 40s and the third might be 300 pounds by then. That's half of Lin's 2014-15 salary and nearly two-thirds of his tax hit right there, on players who likely will give the Knicks little or nothing that season.

That's not all: In the preceding two years, Camby, Felton, and Kidd will make $21 million to Lin's $10 million, and the Knicks are in the tax both seasons. Do the math and you'll see that the Knicks will pay just as much to Camby, Felton and Kidd over the next three seasons as they would have paid for Lin, even allowing for the two minimum salary players that would replace Camby and one of the guards.

Which leads to only two conclusions: Either (A) the Knicks thought they were actually better off over the next three seasons with Kidd, Camby and Felton, or (B) the Knicks front office thought it had permission to spend freely and would match Lin anyway, and then was blindsided by ownership. I don't have inside information as to which one happened, but it strikes me that A isn't the way to bet.

Instead, the Knicks will lose Lin without any compensation, which is nuts since he clearly had huge trade value.

(Side note: A sign-and-trade was not realistic in this scenario; because of the bizarre "Arenas rule" in the league's collective bargaining agreement, Lin stood to get a much bigger contract by signing an offer sheet than he could have made in a sign-and-trade and thus had zero reason to agree to one. Ditto for Fields.)

(Side note to my side note, for Lin fans making the "he's an expiring contract in 2014-15!" case: This is the one argument for keeping him that is actually pure nonsense. Expirings don't just vanish into the ether when they're traded; they're dealt for somebody with an even worse contract. Whether it was by paying Lin or paying somebody else, his final year was going to be phenomenally expensive.)

As for fit, I agree Lin is not a great one with the rest of the Knicks' roster. Of course, nobody on the Knicks is a great fit with the rest of the Knicks' roster, with the exceptions of Chandler and Steve Novak. Felton isn't a great one either. He's not much of an outside shooter, and like Lin his best results came running a pick-and-roll offense with the ball in his hands under Mike D'Antoni. Except the results weren't as good as Lin's, and he's heavier and older now. Good luck with that.

Meanwhile, this is only going to look worse once next season starts. Lin wasn't a great fit in New York, but my goodness does he fit in Houston. Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic had the best seasons of their respective careers last season as point guards in Kevin McHale's system. The same thing will happen with Lin: They're going to give him the rock, get out of his way, and let him create to his heart's content. He'll be better with the Rockets than he ever would have been in New York.

Finally, a tip of the hat is due to the Rockets' front office. They've brilliantly exploited the fact that the third year of an "Arenas rule" contract could bring massive pain to a luxury tax team -- even one as rich as the Knicks -- and are going to clean up at the cash register as a result. Houston is already an immensely popular team in China as a result of the Yao Ming era. Now Lin can pick up where he left off. And as our J.A. Adande noted, this also may make them more alluring for Dwight Howard's global marketing ambitions.

All of this, however, gets back to one simple truth: The Knicks stopped following their own script just as the play reached its climax. It's great that they care about money and fit, but if that's the case they might have wanted to heed their own advice at some point between the Melo trade and yesterday.lol knicks

Heavincent
Knicks fans will probably be thanking Dolan in a year or 2, about time you didn't overpay for a flash in the pan

That's what I'm thinking. I don't understand what they're upset about. It's about god damn time the Knicks didn't completely overpay.

Cone
why the hell is this breaking news in espn.com?

Jesus, this guy is soo overrated.

niko
07-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Hollinger THE KNICKS SHOULD HAVE DONE A TRADE. Sidenote: They couldnt have done a trade. BACK TO ARTICLE.

What a ****ing Dolan he is.

christian1923
07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Melos gotten rid of Walsh, Dantoni, Lin, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov, A shit load of money and draft picks. And has turned Amare into a scrub...

Man this guy better get us at of the first round. :facepalm

bagelred
07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Hollinger THE KNICKS SHOULD HAVE DONE A TRADE. Sidenote: They couldnt have done a trade. BACK TO ARTICLE.

What a ****ing Dolan he is.

He probably meant match the offer and trade him later, like in January or next summer.

niko
07-17-2012, 11:07 PM
He probably meant match the offer and trade him later, like in January or next summer.
Can you before the season change you avi? It legitimately aggravates me.

FireMcFailPlease
It's Official

To my fellow Knicks fans and others who'd like to join, let us all say what needs to be said. Get creative.

I'll just start with the very basic "James Dolan, **** You!"

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Rowe
If by Year 3 the Melo Amare and Lin trio wasnt working we could easily trade one or two of those expiring contracts. Thats just an excuse for not signing Lin. There must be a deeper reason. (melo)

Why would the Knicks trade any of those players as expiring contracts?

You should know by now that we know nothing about rebuilding. If the Melo/Amare/Lin trio wasn't working then we'd know that after Year 1. Woodson would be gone by the middle of Year 2 and then we'd have a new highly paid coach in place to make it work in Year 3. Then we'd re-sign Melo & Amare for a few more years and give Lin a new contract. Thats how we roll.

But of course the natural reason for everything bad that happens in the world is Melo. So of course he is going to be blamed for not bringing Jeremy Lin & Landry Fields back. He might even get boo'd for us letting Jorts & Jerome Jordan go.

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Thank You, James Dolan.

$45 Million counting the Tax hit in Year 3 for Jeremy Lin would have made us the laughingstock of the NBA.

Knicks have been the laughingstock since Dolan has owned the team.

Dolan will pay him big money to come back in 2015.

With what? The mini MLE?

bagelred
07-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Can you before the season change you avi? It legitimately aggravates me.

It's not mine to control. Aggravates me too.

AK47DR91
07-17-2012, 11:09 PM
you're a horrible fan. im sorry but wtf. You can't be a Knick fan who becomes a Celtic fan for awhile. Deep down in your heart you're a horrible fairweather fan.

:lol please be a net fan. That whole fanbase (save the OG's) is going to be transitional based on who they get. You'll fit right in.

:lol my god you have no shame in your bandwagonning....

you would make a Heat fan proud.
Niko, do you realized that a lot of people cheer for the teams where they live in?
I just happened to be a college student at a school in Massachusetts in 2006. So the transition to being a Celtics in 2007 was easy. I was already a local.

Now that's I'm back in New York. I'm just coming back home and coming back to the team I belong to. However, I'm pissed about this Lin deal and there's another New York team I can easily join, but I'm still contemplating.

ClutchOver9000 and Niko....there's a difference between bandwagon fans who lives in their new team's city or state and those who don't. I'm nothing like the HEat bandwagon fans. I have lived in both New York and Massachusetts(including the city of Boston for one years)

I'll admit to being a bad fairweather fan. I won't lie, I barely watched the NBA after 2001 and it wasn't until the Boston Big 3 that got me back into it.

But don't compare me to those other bandwagon fans, the ones who cheer for teams that are thousands of miles away and an ocean away. I at least have called both New York and Boston home.

rawimpact
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
but but but that dumbass sarcastic said they'd match in 3 days...

niko
07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Niko, do you realized that a lot of people cheer for the teams where they live in?
I just happened to be a college student at a school in Massachusetts in 2006. So the transition to being a Celtics in 2007 was easy. I was already a local.

Now that's I'm back in New York. I'm just coming back home and coming back to the team I belong to. However, I'm pissed about this Lin deal and there's another New York team I can easily join, but I'm still contemplating.

ClutchOver9000 and Niko....there's a difference between bandwagon fans who lives in their new team's city or state and those who don't. I'm nothing like the HEat bandwagon fans. I have lived in both New York and Massachusetts(including the city of Boston for one years)

I'll admit to being a bad fairweather fan. I won't lie, I barely watched the NBA after 2001 and it wasn't until the Boston Big 3 that got me back into it.

But don't compare me to those other bandwagon fans, the ones who cheer for teams that are thousands of miles away and an ocean away. I at least have called both New York and Boston home.

Part of the reason you switched was because 1 or another team was better, and you're flipping again. Don't take this the wrong way, im sure you are a fantastic human being who i'd buy a beer, but you're a terrible fan. I MAY BE A NETS FAN NOW. Who cares...you aren't a fan, you're a visitor as long as the movie is interesting.:lol

bagelred
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

The Knicks are stupid. Period.

There ya have it........

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Melos gotten rid of Walsh, Dantoni, Lin, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov, A shit load of money and draft picks. And has turned Amare into a scrub...

Man this guy better get us at of the first round. :facepalm

Oh yes, blame Melo for everything wrong with the team.

The Knicks finally are trying to build a successful team by adding pieces they know will serve a purpose like Kidd as a backup PG, Camby & Thomas as rebounders/enforcers, etc. No more Billy Walker, Jerome Jordan, Toney Douglas, Sergio Rodriguez, etc type of scrubs collecting a paycheck to bring nothing to the table.

I couldn't have dreamed up a better offseason following what happened last year where we failed because we had no leadership or direction of this team. And we still have 3-4 more roster spots to fill.

Blue&Orange
Guess the days of Lin being utterly destroyed by Calderon and D-Will, etc... with a Knicks uniform are over... well we all got to witness the easiest triple double of Rondo's career.

Being positive already :rolleyes:

Felton is a beast, Kidd just need to teach him how to to a simple entry pass and then Felton >>> Lin.

I'm very good at the being positive stuff.

Truth is Lin didn't want to remain a Knick, period.

bluechox2
he only pays up for traded guys, so doan and houston in works for jeremy in back to ny deal?

christian1923
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Why would the Knicks trade any of those players as expiring contracts?

You should know by now that we know nothing about rebuilding. If the Melo/Amare/Lin trio wasn't working then we'd know that after Year 1. Woodson would be gone by the middle of Year 2 and then we'd have a new highly paid coach in place to make it work in Year 3. Then we'd re-sign Melo & Amare for a few more years and give Lin a new contract. Thats how we roll.

But of course the natural reason for everything bad that happens in the world is Melo. So of course he is going to be blamed for not bringing Jeremy Lin & Landry Fields back. He might even get boo'd for us letting Jorts & Jerome Jordan go.

Yeah i do blame him.. He came to New York to be the Man.. You think he liked Lin getting all the attention and Selling more Jerseys? Nba stars are egomaniacs dawg.. he didnt want this nobody taking over his team.. If he told Dolan KEEP LIN, he would have kept him.. This cant be about luxery tax.. Look at all the scrubs the knicks have overpaid over the years.

bluechox2
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Jason Kidd is ready to mentor felton :lol

ClutchOver9000
07-17-2012, 11:16 PM

I understand your points but dude...you're a bandwagon fan. It is what it is. I don't hate you for it...lol...but you are what you are.

boozehound
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
coming from an asian and a rockets fan, i really don't see what the big deal is aside from hype and marketing. Dragic is better imo, and i'm pissed we let him go. Lin is serviceable and i do hope that he becomes a top pg with us, but i have my doubts.

still, it's a pretty good deal for houston. $5 mil the first two years is cheap, and if he sucks he can get traded as an expirer. if he's good then he will be worth the money and we keep him.
no doubt, dragic and lowry are probably better players. oh well.

Blue&Orange
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
:lol Dude almost killed himself drunk the day Knicks signed Felton

niko
07-17-2012, 11:18 PM
no doubt, dragic and lowry are probably better players. oh well.
But you have LINSANITY! Dragic has no catchy name.

Seriously i think Lin will be good - the thing that bothered me (which is never mentioned because its taboo that injuries might reoccur) is the knee popping basically from overuse, on a 23 yr old. Thats the thing i would look for. If 30 games into the season he is breaking down.

christian1923
07-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh yes, blame Melo for everything wrong with the team.

The Knicks finally are trying to build a successful team by adding pieces they know will serve a purpose like Kidd as a backup PG, Camby & Thomas as rebounders/enforcers, etc. No more Billy Walker, Jerome Jordan, Toney Douglas, Sergio Rodriguez, etc type of scrubs collecting a paycheck to bring nothing to the table.

I couldn't have dreamed up a better offseason following what happened last year where we failed because we had no leadership or direction of this team. And we still have 3-4 more roster spots to fill.

LOL yeah you get blamed when your the best player on the team.

i dont expect him to win us a title. but definitly want to be better than a 7th seed...

boozehound
07-17-2012, 11:19 PM

Look at it like this:

well, dolan already lost. and would have either way. if hes good in that 3rd year (he wont be, dude is pretty overrated) then he will be brought back. the thing is, they could have signed him to a deal that paid him 5 mil these next two seasons and then waived him and used the stretch provision if he wasnt worth it. they are already capped out or close to it that season.

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2012, 11:20 PM
A borderline playoff team can have a bandwagon?

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Knicks have been the laughingstock since Dolan has owned the team.
Utah has been the laughing stock since....oh wait nobody has cared about the Utah Jazz since Karl Malone & John Stockton stopped playing.

So is Marvin Williams starting at SF? Oh really, that sounds good.

How's the bench coming along? Oh really, that sounds good.

With what? The mini MLE?

All of our contract commitments end in 2015 at the same time.

Everyone has a contract that either expires after the 2014-2015 season or has an un-guaranteed team option afterwards.

If Lin went to Houston and put up great numbers to prove himself as a commodity in the NBA on the court & off the court, James Dolan will be first in line with an [I]"I'm sorry for doubting you Jeremy so here is $90 Million dollars over 5 years contract"[/].

Droid101
07-17-2012, 11:23 PM
No more Billy Walker, Jerome Jordan, Toney Douglas, Sergio Rodriguez, etc type of scrubs collecting a paycheck to bring nothing to the table.

You mean, rookies they picked?

So, you're saying they're terrible at drafting?

Ok.

AK47DR91
Part of the reason you switched was because 1 or another team was better, and you're flipping again. Don't take this the wrong way, im sure you are a fantastic human being who i'd buy a beer, but you're a terrible fan. I MAY BE A NETS FAN NOW. Who cares...you aren't a fan, you're a visitor as long as the movie is interesting.:lol

I understand your points but dude...you're a bandwagon fan. It is what it is. I don't hate you for it...lol...but you are what you are.
I'm OK being labeled as a fairweather Knicks fan. The last two words are all that matters.

My dedication to the Knicks of 1997-2001 and Linsanity >>>>> My time as a Celtics fan from 2007 to June 2012 because I only watched them for their good basketball play. I never pour my whole heart into the Celtics.

StateOfMind12
:oldlol:

I can't believe the Knicks were to dumb enough to take Felton over Lin but it's the Knicks.

Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjMpny3r44

Celtic_Pride
07-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Knicks :facepalm

They could have paid him 5 million for 2 years and then trade / cut him for the 3rd year if he turns out to be a bust to avoid the luxury tax.

What a horrible franchise

christian1923
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM

They could have paid him 5 million for 2 years and then trade / cut him for the 3rd year if he turns out to be a bust to avoid the luxury tax.

You feel me. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:27 PM
well, dolan already lost. and would have either way. if hes good in that 3rd year (he wont be, dude is pretty overrated) then he will be brought back. the thing is, they could have signed him to a deal that paid him 5 mil these next two seasons and then waived him and used the stretch provision if he wasnt worth it. they are already capped out or close to it that season.

Its not about what the Knicks could've offered him. As soon as they won their bird rights hearing against the NBA, Jeremy Lin replaced his agent and began to shop himself around the league for a contract. It was a benefit to him, not to us because we were too close to the Tax line to get a seperate full MLE.

While most of us had known it was possible a team could re-work his contract so he'd make $5 Million the first 2 seasons and as much as $10 Million in Years 3 & 4.....I dont think the Knicks management truly believed he would get that deal.

Blue&Orange
07-17-2012, 11:27 PM

Ok.
lol this idiot again

Jordan 44th overall, Douglas drafted by LA, Walker drafted by wizards, Rodriguez by the Suns

bluechox2
07-17-2012, 11:28 PM
knicks are gonna ride melos bonner for a long time

Droid101
07-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Jeremy Lin had the best plus/minus score on the Knicks last season:

One of the simplest glances at a players' effect is to tally how the team plays when that player is on the floor. Plus/minus is an imprecise tool, but it's no good ignoring it entirely. It's like looking outside to guess what the weather will be like -- look at the satellite image too, but don't forget to look at the sky. It's the heart of common sense.

And it cuts through a lot of hocus-pocus. Box score stats can make superstars out of players who put up big numbers without winning much. Case in point: Carmelo Anthony.

The fact is the Knicks were very good with Lin on the floor. Far better than they were with Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler or Amare Stoudemire. BasketballValue's rankings show that if you adjust for the other nine players on the floor -- who he's playing with and against -- Lin was literally the Knick who enjoyed the most success last year.

Even in terms of raw plus/minus, simply tallying the team's performance when Lin played, he was one of a small handful of Knicks who were starkly in the positive last season. Anthony, Chandler and Stoudemire all played much more, and therefore had much more opportunity to both fail or succeed, but all were squarely negative.

Setting aside team effects, and cleverly rounding up scoring, rebounding, assists and other box score contributions, Lin was the second-best Knick in terms of PER, just behind Anthony and among point guards squarely in the Steve Nash/Ty Lawson range. Lin's also better than Raymond Felton by virtually every measurable method.

Nate Silver has done some rough-and-ready projections for The New York Times about the value of a good point guard. Anything close to last year's productivity and Lin is worth what the Rockets are offering -- simply for his play on the court.

Of course, in a discussion about money, Lin's impact cannot be ignored on the business side, where he is second only to LeBron James in terms of potential to affect a team's bottom line. Teams don't profit directly from jersey sales, but in-arena sponsorships, local TV deals, ticket sales and overall team value could all reasonably be expected to jump on any team Lin plays for.

There are reasons not to pay Lin a ton of money, mostly to do with the fact that it's hard to know what you're going to get. But less fuzzy is what the Knicks actually got, which was stellar play that resulted in the Knicks outplaying opponents.

Let's not be confused about that.

As long as that's so, the only really powerful reason I can see for the Knicks to let Lin walk is if they have other, better plans for those dollars and cap space down the road -- perhaps, as has long been whispered, Chris Paul.

Droid101
07-17-2012, 11:29 PM
As soon as they won their bird rights hearing against the NBA, Jeremy Lin replaced his agent and began to shop himself around the league for a contract. It was a benefit to him, not to us because we were too close to the Tax line to get a seperate full MLE.

You're funny. If you didn't win the Bird rights, you wouldn't have ever had the chance to match at all.

Blue&Orange
07-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Knicks match = Ish rednecks "what a horrible franchise"

Knicks don't match = Ish rednecks "what a horrible franchise"

:lol

AK47DR91

I wish some of my fellow Knicks fans were smahhhht as the Celtics fans. :facepalm

Droid101
Jordan 44th overall, Douglas drafted by LA, Walker drafted by wizards, Rodriguez by the Suns
So I don't get it, are you applauding your team's purposeful acquisitions or saying they suck?

95 million for Amar'e? :roll:

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Utah has been the laughing stock since....oh wait nobody has cared about the Utah Jazz since Karl Malone & John Stockton stopped playing.

Nobody cared when Stockton and Malone were playing. Your point? People are stupid and would rather follow the soap opera in NY than watch a great offensive system?

Everyone has a contract that either expires after the 2014-2015 season or has an un-guaranteed team option afterwards.

If Lin went to Houston and put up great numbers to prove himself as a commodity in the NBA on the court & off the court, James Dolan will be first in line with an [I]"I'm sorry for doubting you Jeremy so here is $90 Million dollars over 5 years contract"[/].

But it's the Knicks! You really think they won't have other commitments by than? That's all they did before Walsh came in and cleaned up the mess. Now their right back where they were.

CLTHornets4eva
07-17-2012, 11:31 PM

While its true, its funny seeing all you knicks fans as the later. :oldlol:

stallionaire
07-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Knicks fans continues their pathetic nature. Please move the Knicks to Seattle, Stern.

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Ok.

For the most part we're terrible at drafting and developing young talent.

This is why we never rebuild.

"Costco Pippen Nicholas" was drafted 48th last year, a pick that we all thought would go towards a guy who could help in the backcourt. Our GM spent all of his time praising how talented he was and how they didn't expect him to slip that far and how he'd be over here in 1 more year.

Then he gets traded as compensation for Raymond Felton.

This is an ass backwards franchise, but when you've been apart of the freak show long enough you come to understand some things aren't meant to be understood.

Droid101
07-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Rednecks = white people.

We get it, you're racist.

Blue&Orange
07-17-2012, 11:34 PM
So I don't get it, are you applauding your team's purposeful acquisitions or saying they suck?

95 million for Amar'e? :roll:
I know you don't get it, believe me no surprise on you not getting it.

Droid101
07-17-2012, 11:34 PM
For the most part we're terrible at drafting and developing young talent.

This is why we never rebuild.

"Costco Pippen Nicholas" was drafted 48th last year, a pick that we all thought would go towards a guy who could help in the backcourt. Our GM spent all of his time praising how talented he was and how they didn't expect him to slip that far and how he'd be over here in 1 more year.

Then he gets traded as compensation for Raymond Felton.

This is an ass backwards franchise, but when you've been apart of the freak show long enough you come to understand some things aren't meant to be understood.
Hey, at least you're being honest. Tell your fellow Knick fan to chill out.

Wavy Crockett
07-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Thank You, James Dolan.

Good luck Jeremy. I hope you average 20+ PPG in Houston and come back after your contract is up in 3 years to play in a big market.

Jeremy Lin in 2015:cheers:

I thought we already were? :confusedshrug:

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:38 PM
You're funny. If you didn't win the Bird rights, you wouldn't have ever had the chance to match at all.

Wrong.

If the Knicks didn't win the Bird rights the most Lin could've gotten entirely for any season was $5 Million. It would've been the same situation that led JR Smith is in. Lin would've re-upped for 1 year with a player opton in case of injury, after the season he would've had no restrictions on how much he could be paid.

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Hey, at least you're being honest. Tell your fellow Knick fan to chill out.

No, you're being an idiot abou the topic.

bluechox2
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
lin probably reneg his offer sheet cus he knew fields was gone...

he didnt have anyone else to do his secret handshake with

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:42 PM
I thought we already were? :confusedshrug:

We were for the decade of 2000-2009.

2010 & so on has been more of deflated expectations instead of flat out embarrassment.

Blue&Orange
07-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Bagelred right now

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfj6xarYgT1qe0eclo1_r25_500.gif

Sarcastic
07-17-2012, 11:43 PM
LIN DIDN'T WANT TO BE A KNICK.

When they had the hearing for his Bird rights, did he even show up? Nope. Steve Novak did. The guy that is still a Knick.

spiegel
07-17-2012, 11:44 PM
You've constantly talked about not watching them anymore, and talking about how much they need Lin, etc. You don't even follow us? Are you kidding? :facepalm

No he is a asian troll who supposedly was a hardcore rockets fan but after yao was finished jumped on kobes dick then an OKC fan and followed by chicago and now miami. Supposedly with his new account as BMD he is a rockets fan again.:roll:

AK47DR91
07-17-2012, 11:46 PM
lin probably reneg his offer sheet cus he knew fields was gone...

he didnt have anyone else to do his secret handshake with
This is another reason I can use for my lock-room politics theory.

The only people who had Lin's back in the locker-room were Fields, Chandler, and Novak.

Losing Fields would have made Lin an outcast.

StateOfMind12
07-17-2012, 11:46 PM

I follow Lin but since he'll be on an even more garbage organization like the Houston Rockets, I won't follow or watch Lin at all until he leaves that organization.

Only time I'll root for the Rockets is when they're playing the Knicks.

It's A VC3!!!
07-17-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm so thankful we have Prok. When he heard the news of paying 333 million combined he didn't even flinch. :banana:
This guy is too wealthy. Gimmie some of your dough please.

Rowe
07-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Nobody cared when Stockton and Malone were playing. Your point? People are stupid and would rather follow the soap opera in NY than watch a great offensive system?

We're talking about now or back then?

But it's the Knicks! You really think they won't have other commitments by than? That's all they did before Walsh came in and cleaned up the mess. Now their right back where they were.
Not really.

We once were a trainwreck with no hope of the Playoffs and guys who absolutely did not want to be on the team.

Walsh came in and cleaned up the mess that Isiah had already been making plans to clean up to get LeBron in 2010. The biggest problem with Donnie is that he had no "Plan B" for what happened after we missed out on LeBron, which was a longshot at best. Donnie almost left us in the middle of the ocean paddling to nowhere much like the Pacers were after the brawl.

Blue&Orange
07-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Breaking news: video of Lin exiting the Knicks

http://i.imgur.com/ruRVt.gif

B
07-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Knicks are the most un-creative team in the NBA. They easily could have found a way to make Lin work if not they had two years at 5 million, if he's not working out ditch him. This came down to Dolan not wanting to get outplayed by the Rockets.

Melo Amare' Kidd, Jr Smith. Led by Dolan. talk about a bunch that deserves each other.

AK47DR91
07-18-2012, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=B

Wavy Crockett
07-18-2012, 12:10 AM
I wanna say that the decision not to match Lin was a emotional based one.

LBJDW305
07-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Knick fans will be thankfull...Thank Dolan for not matching that horrible contract

Faberg
07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm glad all the Linsanity fans are out of NY. GTFO. :pimp:

NuggetsFan
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM
I don't understand it. NY's window isn't really that big. Why not go all in? It's not like NY cares about money. Yeah that last year could turn out to be laughably bad but I'm sure they could have figured something out. Going into the most important year in how long? Over a decade? And they decide to not make the team better because of cash, just unexpected. Or maybe it was an emotional f*ck you to Lin.

Even if Lin turns out to be a 13\5 guy in Houston, NY could have used that. Also gives them some youth that they really lack going forward.

Linspired
07-18-2012, 12:21 AM
why the hell is this breaking news in espn.com?

Jesus, this guy is soo overrated.

it's called ratings. something you wouldn't understand.

B
07-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Did Dallas grab Collison before Kidd signed with the Knicks?Same day. I never thought Kidd was headed back to Dallas, too much talk early on about teaming up with Deron Williams wherever he ended up.

AK47DR91
07-18-2012, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=B

Kiddlovesnets
07-18-2012, 12:29 AM
For some reason I believe this was like the very first time in 21st century that James Dolan actually makes a smart move. Anyone with me?

Linspired
07-18-2012, 12:32 AM

lol somebody is not so smart

DuMa
07-18-2012, 12:46 AM
http://www.tektonics.org/lp/outrage.jpg

9erempiree
07-18-2012, 12:49 AM
lol somebody is not so smart

I am very inspired to laugh at you and make a thread.

So you a Rockets fan now eh?:applause:

9erempiree
07-18-2012, 12:53 AM
A lot of Emo Knicks fans...didn't know emo adults and kids watch sports...

http://cdn.wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/csc_inc/images/items/343x432/ATC724809-01.jpg

http://www.emoboyfriend.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/turning_emo_kid.jpg

Linspired
07-18-2012, 12:54 AM
I am very inspired to laugh at you and make a thread.

So you a Rockets fan now eh?:applause:

l i've always been a rocket fan. :roll: hakeem and yao ming are 2 of my favorite players. :roll: :roll:

**** the knicks.

9erempiree
07-18-2012, 12:57 AM
l i've always been a rocket fan. :roll: hakeem and yao ming are 2 of my favorite players. :roll: :roll:

**** the knicks.

of course.

Linsanity is dead.

spiegel
07-18-2012, 12:59 AM

**** the knicks.
lol RG alert

CelticBaller
07-18-2012, 12:59 AM

**** the knicks.
RG :oldlol:

spiegel
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
It's insane how many differentt account he has

SevereUpInHere
07-18-2012, 01:01 AM

**** the knicks.

Good, f*ck off and stay out of Knicks threads from mow on.

StateOfMind12
07-18-2012, 01:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0kETf.jpg

rezznor
07-18-2012, 01:06 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/382422_462094357149132_1968576606_n.jpg

T-Time3
07-18-2012, 01:28 AM

I should have just stuck with the Nuggets. :facepalm

bmulls
07-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Don't see why any Knicks fans are arguing in favor of this. Your team is going to be over the cap with or without Lin and it's not like the luxury tax is coming out of your pocket. Enjoy fatass Raymond Felton and the corpse of Jason Kidd.

B
07-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
But seriously - any time you can flip a 23 year old asset/fan favorite into a washed-up 40 year old and a fat guy, you have to do it.

T-Time3
07-18-2012, 01:58 AM
FVCK YOU JAMES DOLAN, FVCK YOU JR SMITH
FVCK ALL OF Y'ALL on the knicks organization except Herb Williams

and Kurt Thomas

also Marcus Camby

Pointguard
07-18-2012, 02:14 AM
LIN DIDN'T WANT TO BE A KNICK.

When they had the hearing for his Bird rights, did he even show up? Nope. Steve Novak did. The guy that is still a Knick.

Ha Sarcastic, you can scream it but not one person is on to it.

Lin was even creative in getting out of the contract and got it to the point that it compromised the Knicks plans. Dolan did the right thing - I wouldn't want a guy like that around my organization. Not only did he put himself above the team plans, he did so in favor of another team. What more evidence do you need? It was his choice to do these things. It was a loyalty to another team. Lin had a price tag and a pretty cheap one at that.

The Knicks were like a genie to Lin. He was on his way out the league and pooof, he's given the team on a world stage and living his dream. The first opportunity he gets, not even a full year, he taxes the teams future and plans. You can't trust a guy like that. There is the story of Lin doing for self and I respect that. But the money wasn't something he could have made up in endorsements in NY. Plain and simple, Lin wanted out. His choice. And one could argue that it wasn't really that much about money: As an economics major at Harvard, he would know the value of brand and how location plays in that role and the longevity of brand versus a turnover prone basketball career :lol

Dolan was a witness but I wouldn't want to be the one paying $24 million to outbid for an ingrate that schemed against my team and plans with another team and their plans. Would you?

Rowe
07-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Don't see why any Knicks fans are arguing in favor of this. Your team is going to be over the cap with or without Lin and it's not like the luxury tax is coming out of your pocket. Enjoy fatass Raymond Felton and the corpse of Jason Kidd.

No.

The difference is Lin's contract added on to everything else we're doing would cost the Knicks $45 Million in the 3rd Year. The Knicks have finally figured out after 10 years that you make small moves based on what you see each year instead of making the "big move" and praying it works.

Every other team in the league has ran circles around the Knicks by doing this each offseason.

RIP CITY
07-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Personally I think this is the best basketball decision the Knicks have made in awhile. I don't think Lin will ever live up to that contract on the court. Now, they're already in cap hell so it doesn't fix any of their problems in that sense but adding another bloated contract for a role player just isn't a smart move regardless of your cap situation. Same goes for Landry Fields, who's an average role player and is now way overpayed as well. Two smart decisions based on money vs. on court performance IMO.

Marketing wise, it's not a good decision. Lin would make the Knicks alot of money off the court, overseas. At least as long as he is performing at a solid level, we'll see how marketable he is if he flops in Houston, which is entirely possible in my mind.

Just because the Knicks/Dolan could hypothetically afford to pay all that Luxury tax money, doesn't mean it's a good decision to pay a player who's ceiling is probably an above average starting PG. Now if only they had started being smarter with their spending and personal decisions sooner, haha.

9erempiree
07-18-2012, 02:49 AM
No.

The difference is Lin's contract added on to everything else we're doing would cost the Knicks $45 Million in the 3rd Year. The Knicks have finally figured out after 10 years that you make small moves based on what you see each year instead of making the "big move" and praying it works.

Every other team in the league has ran circles around the Knicks by doing this each offseason.

Thank you.

You are the 1st one that realizes this.

bmulls
07-18-2012, 02:56 AM
No.

You don't understand.

The soft cap is $58 million. The Knicks have $53 million committed to Melo, Amare and Chandler alone. They were going to be over the salary cap no matter what.

Lin's contract would have cost James Dolan $45 million, it would have had no impact on the Knicks ability to acquire new players unless they decided to blow the whole thing up and move Melo/Amare/Chandler in the next 2 years. Even then Lin's massive expiring contract would have been an asset, not a liability.

Bottom line: This all came down to the cash in Dolan's pocket, it had nothing to do with remaining flexible because the Knicks have ZERO cap space to begin with.

bmulls
07-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Thank you.

You are the 1st one that realizes this.

Neither of you understand what you are talking about.

stevieming
07-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Of course.

Jeremy Lin
Landry Fields
Steve Novakaine
Jared Jeffries
Tyson Chandler

Coach: Mike Antoni

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Would've swept Miami.

You know what though, I think that team, with a healthy shump would have made it more competitive then melo and crummy jr in the mix...that team was balling hard...

stevieming
07-18-2012, 05:39 AM
This is another reason I can use for my lock-room politics theory.

The only people who had Lin's back in the locker-room were Fields, Chandler, and Novak.

Losing Fields would have made Lin an outcast.

totally man....I thought melo would mesh with lin, but it never happened....

Lin is better off playing in Houston, Knicks are going to suck big time this year...with melo chucking, jr chucking, Kidd looked terrible last year and will be even worse this year....just too old man, and Felton was awful with Portland, he could not hit a jump shot, let alone a three....nor could he pass much....

longtime lurker
07-18-2012, 05:45 AM
So Knicks management gets reamed for overpaying players but when they decide to make the smart management decision and not overpay they still get criticized. ISH has to be full of the biggest idiots possibly on any forum.

El Kabong
07-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Your 3rd year tax argument kinda goes out the window when they could have used the stretch provision.

Clutch
07-18-2012, 06:05 AM
I can't believe how many guys are devastated by the fact we let go of the guy who never wanted to be a Knick and did everything he can to get as much money and go to the Rockets.

Just stop crying. We're not even sure that Lin will be a better player than Felton in the next few years.

Bottom line is: this guy didn't care about the Knicks. Why would be care so much about him ? Let's not act like he's Michael Jordan or something. He's not even better than Melo or Amare. Damn,I'm not even sure he's going to be better than Felton.

Yung D-Will
07-18-2012, 06:14 AM

Remind me again when the Knicks made it out the first round the past decade or when they actually made the conference finals?

kNIOKAS
07-18-2012, 06:22 AM
I feel obliged to post this on every Knicks management-relevant thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR6YL2z0hZE

Kujo
07-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Knicks are going to be a mess next year. I pretty much see them as the 8th seed again, and they'll struggle during stretches of the season of because of weak PG play (just like last season). 1st round playoff exit.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying Felton, and Kidd as your PGs next season.

Xiao Yao You
07-18-2012, 07:28 AM
You forgot your Argentine rookie!:lol

GreatHILL
07-18-2012, 09:07 AM
I can't believe how many guys are devastated by the fact we let go of the guy who never wanted to be a Knick and did everything he can to get as much money and go to the Rockets.

Just stop crying. We're not even sure that Lin will be a better player than Felton in the next few years.

Bottom line is: this guy didn't care about the Knicks. Why would be care so much about him ? Let's not act like he's Michael Jordan or something. He's not even better than Melo or Amare. Damn,I'm not even sure he's going to be better than Felton.

felton???? lmao :oldlol: :roll: that ****er is a bum

Clutch
07-18-2012, 09:57 AM
felton???? lmao :oldlol: :roll: that ****er is a bum
He put up the same numbers as Lin under D'Antoni.

AT THE PEAK:
Lin's stats during Linsanity (10 game period from the Nets game to the Mavs game):
22.5 points , 3.4 rebounds , 8.3 assists , 2.0 steals , 5.3 turnovers on 51% shooting and 33% for three

Felton's stats during 18-6 stretch in 2010-11 season:
19.5 points , 3.8 rebounds , 9.2 assists , 2.0 steals , 3.6 turnovers on 45% shooting and 35% for three

SEASON STATS:
Lin's total stats with the Knicks:
14.6 points , 3.1 rebounds , 6.2 assists , 1.6 steals , 3.6 turnovers on 45% shooting and 32% for three in 27 minutes

Felton's total stats with the Knicks:
17.1 points , 3.6 rebounds , 9.0 assists , 1.8 steals , 3.3 turnovers on 42% shooting and 33% for three in 38 minutes

Quite similar.

niko
07-18-2012, 09:58 AM
You forgot your Argentine rookie!:lol
Rigatoni or something like that? Pablo Rigatoni.

EllisGW
07-18-2012, 10:47 AM
knicks FO should have

1. not pick up billups option
2 would have not waste amnesty on billups
3. amnesty amare
4. trade or not sign tyson

could got after paul and howard