PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is the most athletic player in the history of the NBA?

waseem780
07-18-2012, 12:23 PM
In my opinion its Gerald Green but Vince Carter comes close too.

Orlando Magic
07-18-2012, 12:24 PM
LeBron James.

It's not all about leaping ability. You have to take into account speed, power, etc... those two you named aren't even close.

It's A VC3!!!
07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
You know I'm going to say vince Carter.

No really though.. And the person above me- don't critique vince carters speed because you never watched him play when he was dominating. Post on shot you've seen rather then blind opinions.

ralph_i_el
07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Lebron. Strength is part of athleticism and nobody has his combination of size strength and speed

TheMarkMadsen
07-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Young Kobe. 99-02.

James white is up there aswell, between the legs dunk from behind the free throw line :bowdown:

wagexslave
07-18-2012, 12:34 PM
He's not THE most athletic of all time, but Shannon Brown definitely deserves a mention in this thread. Dude is like a top 10 all time athlete. IF ONLY he had the brains and skills to go with that athleticism, he'd be an amazing player instead of average. It just goes to show you that athleticism isn't everything.

But the greatest of all time NBA athlete is Lebron. The difference between him and someone like Shannon Brown is that he has the skills to go with his athleticism.

DuMa
07-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Imma go with Shaq

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 12:42 PM
i'm tempted to say david robinson or vince carter

but bron chases down point guards from 15-20 feet away and blocks shots on what appear to be CERTAIN fast break layups

it's almost impossible to chase down a REGULAR guy and pin his shot on the break with that much of a headstart....Bron chases down other elite athletes and makes the play .....

anybody who ran track appreciates what kind of closeout speed bron exhibits in doing this

think in terms of jumping ability and agility that vince and iguodola have him beat but overall athleticism.....bron is final stage of human evolution

NumberSix
07-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Michael Jordan

Ketchup
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
David Robinson, Lebron, Shaq or Wilt.

All of these guys have size, strength, speed in their primes.

SilkkTheShocker
07-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Young Kobe. 99-02.

James white is up there aswell, between the legs dunk from behind the free throw line :bowdown:

Young Kobe wasn't even as atheltic as young Jordan.

Moving on now.....Overall, Lebron is the greatest athlete to play the game. Also, don't underrate Amare. He is definitely top 5 imo.

CelticBaller
07-18-2012, 12:47 PM
LeBron James

Sarcastic
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Wilt, Lebron, and Muggsy Bogues.

KG215
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I feel like Jordan always gets underrated in these threads and everyone just assumes LeBron is hands down the better athlete. Jordan was more than just a great leaper. I'm not saying he's the best athlete of all-time, but I think people either don't realize or forget just how freakishly athletic he was, especially in his younger days.

And while he is definitely up there, these type of threads always invite jlauber to come in and make sure we all don't forget how much of a freak athlete Wilt truly was.

Richie2k6
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Wilt, Lebron, Jordan, Iverson, Carter, D. Robinson all come to mind

red1
07-18-2012, 01:01 PM
shaq, wilt, lebron

scm5
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Jordan.

By all accounts, he was incredibly strong for his size. He could not be denied.

We all have seen how quick and agile he is, and he has incredible body control while in the air.

Everyone knows about his leaping ability.

Then, you have to consider that his hands are one of his best basketball assets. It was probably incredibly hard to strip him of the ball once he dug his talons in.

Lebron might be stronger, just as quick, might jump just as high, might be taller and larger... but Jordan's gracefulness puts him over the top for me. His body control in all aspects of the game was incredible. It's this gracefulness that allowed him to transfer all of his athleticism to the basketball court.

Lebron still looks clumsy at times.

kurt_rambis
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
depends on what you mean by athletic i guess

if you ran nba players through the nfl combine and measured their vert, 40 yard dash, bench, broad jump, etc....i think lebron and iverson would be the all-around best, at least among the superstar type players. but there might have been some guys in the nba who were freak athletes that no one remembers because they sucked at basketball

ihoopallday
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Spud Webb

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Spud Webb
nate robinson has all of spud's jumping ability plus he was ex Division 1 football player.....

andgar923
07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Chuck and MJ

Seriously, Chuck was just as once in a lifetime athlete as Bron was. I've seen him do stuff and you forget how short and heavy he was at times, cause he could dunk it as easily and as powerful as a 6'10 player, yet move like a 6'2 guard at times.

I think Bron gets slightly overrated because of his playing 'style'. My only knock on him is his lack of balance and agility. He's not very agile and at times appears to be robotic.

MJ like some mentioned is pound for pound just as strong as Bron, can jump high, is cat like quick with cat like reflexes, extraordinary agility, coordination and balance etc.etc. I've yet to see other players do some of the stuff that he's done specially while in the air. Oh.... and STAMINA. There probably has never been anybody with his kind of stamina.

And did somebody mention Kobe? :roll: :roll:

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
in the dream team book

VERY first lines

Charles Barkley 6'4"

Crown&Coke
07-18-2012, 01:21 PM
this is too damn hard

prime Barkley was an athletic beast
same with Kemp
Lebron obviously
Wilt gotta be mentioned
young Shaq
Air Canada was amazing

the list can go on for ages, its too damn hard

magicmanfan
07-18-2012, 01:23 PM
come on, MJ is so far ahead of everyone, it's no contest

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 01:31 PM
3 most athletic by position then

Noob Saibot
07-18-2012, 01:47 PM
60s Wilt Chamberlin, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor
70s Erving and David Thompson
80s Jordan, Wilkins, Drexler, Barkley, Malone
90s Robinson, Drexler, Kemp, Jordan, Shaq (Orlando)
00s Iverson, Carter, LeBron, Howard, Francis, Stoudemire
10s LeBron, Westbrook, & Rose (pre-injury), Griffin

arifgokcen
07-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Chuck and MJ

Seriously, Chuck was just as once in a lifetime athlete as Bron was. I've seen him do stuff and you forget how short and heavy he was at times, cause he could dunk it as easily and as powerful as a 6'10 player, yet move like a 6'2 guard at times.

I think Bron gets slightly overrated because of his playing 'style'. My only knock on him is his lack of balance and agility. He's not very agile and at times appears to be robotic.

MJ like some mentioned is pound for pound just as strong as Bron, can jump high, is cat like quick with cat like reflexes, extraordinary agility, coordination and balance etc.etc. I've yet to see other players do some of the stuff that he's done specially while in the air. Oh.... and STAMINA. There probably has never been anybody with his kind of stamina.

You might think jordan is a better athlete and make a great case however nobody is gonna believe that lebron lacks coordination and agility.We have never seen player his size move the way he does.He led the league in and ones for six straight year.
:
Lebron stamina is better than MJs.Actually his stamina has no match in modern era.
My ranking
1a Wilt
1b Lebron
3 MJ
4David robinson
5Shaq
Lebron is stronger than MJ.No need to mix up the words "pound for pound"!!!

DCL
07-18-2012, 02:39 PM
the dude who scored 100 points and banged 20,000 women

lbj23clutch
07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
PG-Westbrook, Rose, Iverson, Francis, Nate Robinson
SG-MJ, Carter, David Thompson, Clyde, Wade
SF-LeBron, Dr. J, Nique, Marion, Pippen
PF-Kemp, Amare, Blake, Mcdyess, Larry Johnson
Center-Shaq, David Robinson, Wilt, Artis Gilmore, Dwight

AlonzoGOAT
07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
LeBron and it's not close

NumberSix
07-18-2012, 02:58 PM
I'd say MJ, but I'd also guess that he was pumping PED's like a muff***a

guy
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Jordan.

We all have seen how quick and agile he is, and he has incredible body control while in the air.

Then, you have to consider that his hands are one of his best basketball assets. It was probably incredibly hard to strip him of the ball once he dug his talons in.

Lebron might be stronger, just as quick, might jump just as high, might be taller and larger... but Jordan's gracefulness puts him over the top for me. His body control in all aspects of the game was incredible. It's this gracefulness that allowed him to transfer all of his athleticism to the basketball court.

This. Jordan's body control is worlds ahead of Lebron.

Dagouch
07-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Of today of course Lebron.

I really like Westbrook tho.

lbj23clutch
07-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Chuck and MJ

Lack of balance? LOL LeBron rarely gets knocked down when he drives to the basket. Dude always stays standing no matter how much contact he gets while driving hard to the basket, it's ridiculous. His balance, coordination, speed and strength is the reason why many experts believe LeBron would be an excellent football player. And LeBron in his Cleveland days was as quick as they come. He's lost a lot of agility though since joining the heat due to age and added weight.

NFL players, coaches, trainers, scouts on LeBron's athletic ability and as a football player.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4194437

Mark Murphy hasn't merely witnessed the finest receivers of his generation. He has experienced them.

Murphy's 11-year career at strong safety was good enough to get him into the Green Bay Packers' Hall of Fame. He has covered, tackled and occasionally been scorched by legends.

On the subject of greatness, he knows what he's talking about.

"I've been around a lot of great receivers," Murphy said. "I tell people that I rate my top receivers -- coaching, playing or watching -- as James Lofton, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent and LeBron James."

Murphy wasn't delivering a joke or some abstract concept. He meant James, the NBA superduperstar, simply was that spectacular on a football field. Murphy saw it as the defensive coordinator at James' alma mater, St. Vincent-St. Mary High in Akron, Ohio.

James was an all-state receiver as a sophomore and junior, setting records that still stand. He gave up football as a senior to become a multimillion-dollar, teenage basketball corporation.

"People laugh at me, but it's true," Murphy said of placing James in the same class as three Pro Football Hall of Famers. "The kid had everything you could want.

"I felt like that was one kid that could have gone from high school to the NFL and played."

"I think LeBron could come in and do better than Antonio Gates," New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss said. "LeBron James is the athlete that comes around every so often.

"He's at a point in his career where the things that he does are something we haven't seen before. … It's just very rare for athletes to be able to do the things that he does to entertain and wow us night in and night out."

"From my perspective, the best athletes in the world play in the NBA," University of Akron football coach J.D. Brookhart said. "Look at what Gates did. He was a pretty good basketball player athletically, but LeBron's world class."

Brookhart is known as one of the country's best receivers coaches. His previous gig was at the University of Pittsburgh, where he worked with Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Bryant. One of his first roster decisions at Akron was switching another future NFLer, Domenik Hixon, from safety to receiver.

"It's not very hard to tell at all how good of a football player LeBron would be," Brookhart said. "Had he pursued it, I think he'd be an All-Pro receiver.

"With that body and skills that he has, I think even if he wasn't a 4.4 or 4.5 speed guy -- and I'm not so certain he wouldn't be that -- he would pose absolutely unwinnable matchups out there."

Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees has been aware of James' football skills for years and knows plenty about Gates.

Pees recruited Gates to play linebacker at Michigan State and was head coach at Kent State when Gates was there. Kent is 17 miles from St. Vincent-St. Mary.

"You look at it and you'd have to say, having seen Tony Gonzalez and seen Antonio Gates, that the guy definitely could have played," Pees said of James. "He was a phenomenal athlete. If he wanted to play football, he certainly could've."

"A lot of those basketball players, they can't run," Parcells said. "They don't have legitimate speed. This kid's pretty amazing, though."

James finished his junior season with 57 receptions for 1,160 yards and 16 touchdowns, propelling St. Vincent-St. Mary to the state semifinals. James also played prevent safety and often quarterbacked the scout team. Murphy said James could throw a football 70 yards.

"The physical tools were overwhelming," Scouts Inc. analyst Matt Williamson said. Williamson was a recruiter for Pitt and followed Brookhart to Akron as football operations director before joining the Cleveland Browns' scouting department. "He really stood out. He made you think 'Wow.' But you don't get too enamored because you know he's the best basketball player in the world."

Pees took a similar approach with James. It was foolish to waste precious recruiting time on an emerging basketball enterprise.

"If he went to Akron, their football program would have been top 20," said St. Vincent-St. Mary grad Chip Hilling, who saw almost all of James' games. Hilling played linebacker at Indiana University for head coaches Lee Corso, Sam Wyche and Bill Mallory. "He really was an incredible football player.

"With LeBron's athleticism, I could see him as a tight end, H-back, receiver. LeBron could wreak havoc as an outside linebacker, edge pass rusher. He's a freak."

Murphy is in agreement based on what he witnessed with eyes that have glimpsed the best.

If Murphy ranks James fourth behind only Lofton, Rice and Largent, then he's ranking James ahead of former teammates Sterling Sharpe and John Jefferson, NFC contemporaries such as Art Monk, Henry Ellard and Anthony Carter and so many others he has competed against.

"I went against Lofton every day in practice," Murphy said. "I saw all the things that he did. I saw his abilities and his running and his burst and his catching ability. It was the same thing to see the plays that Jerry Rice made and what he brought to the game.

"I was coaching LeBron in high school and I'm seeing him make plays that made me say 'Lofton did that. Rice did that.'

"He's scary. He really was a scary player."

LeBron James is a better athlete then MJ. He's much stronger, taller, has a 50- 60 pound weight advantage, yet his end to end speed is better, his balance and coordination is on par with some starting wide recievers in the NFL, and although he doesn't jump as high as MJ, he's pretty close IMO. MJ has the better body control, slightly better leaper, has bigger hands and is much more agile. But he doesn't have the combination of size, strength, and speed as LeBron. LeBron is not only a world class athlete in the NBA, but he would be a world class athlete in the NFL as stated by many NFL personnel.

And shame on you for putting Chuck over LeBron athletically:facepalm :facepalm :oldlol: . SMH Barkley was a poorman's LeBron in terms of size, speed, strength and leaping ability. Only comparison would be in strength and even at that I would give the edge to Bron. Barkley ain't even the most athletic PF. I'd say guy's like Larry Johnson, Kemp, Blake Griffin were more athletic then Chuck.

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 03:20 PM
keep hearing/reading A'mare's name in this thread

never saw him as being particularly athletic..not in the kemp or young grandmama level

stat dunked on some people, but what are people basing his "athleticism" on?

kemp did reverse dunks IN GAME inside of crowded paints

lj was one of the most explosive and strong players ever

Mr Exlax
07-18-2012, 03:20 PM
LeBron James.

It's not all about leaping ability. You have to take into account speed, power, etc... those two you named aren't even close.

This.

lbj23clutch
07-18-2012, 03:22 PM
keep hearing/reading A'mare's name in this thread

never saw him as being particularly athletic..not in the kemp or young grandmama level

stat dunked on some people, but what are people basing his "athleticism" on?

kemp did reverse dunks IN GAME inside of crowded paints

lj was one of the most explosive and strong players ever
Did you not watch pre-injuries Amare? The past several year Amare has been a shell of himself due to injuries.

FindingTim
07-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Lebron James.

weighs a Tractor Traylor, jumps like Nique, passes like Penny, runs like Barbosa, and finishes with incredible finesse and grace despite being taller and heavier than Brian Urlacher.

answer: Lebron James. Not only the best athlete in NBA history, but one of the best athletes- if not the best athlete in the history of documented mankind.

Dictator
07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
westbrook, nate, drose, michael, wilt? shaq? Didn't shaq have 36+ vert as a rookie?

westbrook, and rose is faster than lebron, more fitness, more agile, quicker, and about the same vertical Lebron. Lebron's just stronger(well supposely). Lebron stride is pretty fast too.

Dragonyeuw
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Young Kobe. 99-02.

Oh Jesus H.....:facepalm

lbj23clutch
07-18-2012, 03:33 PM
westbrook, nate, drose, michael, wilt? shaq? Didn't shaq have 36+ vert as a rookie?

westbrook, and rose is faster than lebron, more fitness, more agile, quicker, and about the same vertical Lebron. Lebron's just stronger(well supposely). Lebron stride is pretty fast too.
LOL this guy didn't watch LeBron in Cleveland.

noosaman
07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Yuta Tubase

Dictator
07-18-2012, 03:38 PM
LOL this guy didn't watch LeBron in Cleveland.

Hate when people say this. Westbrook, Rose are quicker, just as fast despite having shorter legs, and get up just as high despite being 5-6 inches shorter and a shorter arm reach.

Lebron should be stronger and Lebron is heavier but Lebron is also taller with a wayyy bigger frame.

OhNoTimNoSho
07-18-2012, 03:39 PM
LeBron James is a better athlete then MJ. He's much stronger, taller, has a 50- 60 pound weight advantage, yet his end to end speed is better, his balance and coordination is on par with some starting wide recievers in the NFL, and although he doesn't jump as high as MJ, he's pretty close IMO. MJ has the better body control, slightly better leaper, has bigger hands and is much more agile. But he doesn't have the combination of size, strength, and speed as LeBron. LeBron is not only a world class athlete in the NBA, but he would be a world class athlete in the NFL as stated by many NFL personnel.

And shame on you for putting Chuck over LeBron athletically:facepalm :facepalm :oldlol: . SMH Barkley was a poorman's LeBron in terms of size, speed, strength and leaping ability. Only comparison would be in strength and even at that I would give the edge to Bron. Barkley ain't even the most athletic PF. I'd say guy's like Larry Johnson, Kemp, Blake Griffin were more athletic then Chuck.

You are either an idiot, a person who knows nothing of charles barkley, or a guy that makes humongous exaggerations to make his points. Take your pick.

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2012, 03:41 PM
The dude that pwns mountain lions.

andgar923
07-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Lack of balance? LOL LeBron rarely gets knocked down when he drives to the basket. Dude always stays standing no matter how much contact he gets while driving hard to the basket, it's ridiculous. His balance, coordination, speed and strength is the reason why many experts believe LeBron would be an excellent football player. And LeBron in his Cleveland days was as quick as they come. He's lost a lot of agility though since joining the heat due to age and added weight.

NFL players, coaches, trainers, scouts on LeBron's athletic ability and as a football player.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4194437

He's not as agile and does not have MJ's balance, not even close.

Rolando
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Jordan.

Yup, this. Lebron is certainly among the best and most athletic but, as an expression of what is possible to do on a basketball court within the rules of basketball, nobody has reached Jordan's level of completeness. Think of everything: forward, backward, side to side, jumping, ball handling, shooting, defending, crossover, change of pace...etc. Nobody addressed all of these athletic facets as fully as Jordan. Nobody.

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Did you not watch pre-injuries Amare? The past several year Amare has been a shell of himself due to injuries.

i can point to 5-6 plays that kemp and lj did where I can't beleive a human being is capable of doing that..

here is kemp, against bulls dennis rodman, just WIPE his ass with the defender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPV2r2s1k8

look at the speed..the agility, the coordination

Quickening
07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Yup, this. Lebron is certainly among the best and most athletic but, as an expression of what is possible to do on a basketball court within the rules of basketball, nobody has reached Jordan's level of completeness. Think of everything: forward, backward, side to side, jumping, ball handling, shooting, defending, crossover, change of pace...etc. Nobody addressed all of these athletic facets as fully as Jordan. Nobody.
WTF does ball handling have to do with athleticism... Dumb ass.

Rolando
07-18-2012, 04:13 PM
WTF does ball handling have to do with athleticism... Dumb ass.

I'm talking about the full expression of what is possible to do within the game of basketball. Moron.

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
ball handling involves hand eye coordination and agility/balance is part of athletic ability

not a big part...but a part...

watch the nfl combines..they have guys catching footballs....even positions that don't touch the ball..just to test coordination

Round Mound
07-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Lebron. Strength is part of athleticism and nobody has his combination of size strength and speed

Barkley was Stronger and Had Better Lateral Movement than Lebron.

AlonzoGOAT
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Hate when people say this. Westbrook, Rose are quicker, just as fast despite having shorter legs, and get up just as high despite being 5-6 inches shorter and a shorter arm reach.

Lebron should be stronger and Lebron is heavier but Lebron is also taller with a wayyy bigger frame.

LeBron James vert is higher then 40 inches nike said it was 43 and rose combine results are 43. Why are you using should when you know it's a fact? LeBron also has more stanima then both of them despite weighing 50-60 pounds. And WB vert is lower then rose he has to put all he's got or he's going to miss:lol

AlonzoGOAT
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Barkley was Stronger and Had Better Lateral Movement than Lebron.

Based on what is he stronger then lebron?

CavaliersFTW
07-18-2012, 04:32 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Hc4gzo28Zcg/T0xwA-3OoVI/AAAAAAAADFI/fqlo_doBoOw/s800/k36j37.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zIew52HabfM/T7-3k4JFm_I/AAAAAAAADd4/BwTBTLDeQFE/s800/track.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V0HDwxWUJPo/T7-341oJO9I/AAAAAAAADeI/BnO7Y6GQ4Z4/s400/1-2-1423-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0l1a0-a_349.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rJF5EJLJNeE/T7-3zRc8fmI/AAAAAAAADeA/aqBSr8jTue4/s640/0.wilt-chamberlain.3.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Y3BDCBt6dZk/T7-3ffj0zeI/AAAAAAAADdw/Fe2hzv6FutM/s640/wilt%2520chamberlain%2520track.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-jKGzUN091x4/T7-35KOeGLI/AAAAAAAADeM/wu-g5gEqxtU/s640/9_5.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WtOXPzNdgQM/T0xwAy-SLYI/AAAAAAAADFA/uW-0_meZdeM/s800/Corbis-U1257039.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-XazRHfQHnuw/T7-wHHmsLNI/AAAAAAAADdM/KjfXB7kmX1c/s400/2054495403_c87033d18d_z.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-fe4Ni9coRas/T0noVgi85OI/AAAAAAAADBM/_1tkKlTPhDI/s0/November%252028%252C%25201956%2520-%2520Wilt%2520Dunks%2520his%2520free%2520throws.jp g
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/089/4/1/skyhookgif3_by_dantheman9758-d4uenol.gif

CavaliersFTW
07-18-2012, 04:35 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Rc8qoy1Rjy0/T7-24xRoioI/AAAAAAAADdo/u4TO1-HV-jA/s800/Wilt%2520Track%2520Championship%2520May%25201956-2.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-a6J9_tpwZAI/T7-2XiXgx6I/AAAAAAAADdg/ftlUlS8-bPs/s800/KU%2520Relays.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tDn7lBlbaC8/T1BIb5WnVRI/AAAAAAAADIM/n46efDf56To/s0/Wilt%2520Chamberlain%2520football.jpg
4.6 40 in bare feet at 290lbs?...

LamarOdom
07-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Why isn't Wade getting a mention?

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 04:36 PM
barkley manhandled the entire league

bodyslammed shaq....pushed around charles oakley

oakley was one of the strongest guys to ever play in the league..and barkley went up against him head up.....

no way to compare but I'd give Barkley the knod on strength...only

Linspired
07-18-2012, 04:37 PM
in the dream team book

VERY first lines

Charles Barkley 6'4"

stop exaggerating. barkley was 6ft 5.

Dictator
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
LeBron James vert is higher then 40 inches nike said it was 43 and rose combine results are 43. Why are you using should when you know it's a fact? LeBron also has more stanima then both of them despite weighing 50-60 pounds. And WB vert is lower then rose he has to put all he's got or he's going to miss:lol

I said should because some players are stronger than it looks.

get these NETS
07-18-2012, 04:43 PM
stop exaggerating. barkley was 6ft 5.

exactly what is written in the book

DREAM TEAM THUMBNAIL SKETCHES BARKLEY, Charles, 6'4" forward; TNT commentator whose fame has grown exponentially since retirement;

CavaliersFTW
07-18-2012, 04:47 PM
exactly what is written in the book

DREAM TEAM THUMBNAIL SKETCHES BARKLEY, Charles, 6'4" forward; TNT commentator whose fame has grown exponentially since retirement;
its a f*cking book designed to sensationalize and entertain it isn't 100% irrefutable fact :lol Barkley measured 6-4.63" (6-4 5/8ths) in his barefeet in 1992, they're just rounding down the 6-4 and change to 6-4 to make him seem more of a phenomena than he already was. If your gonna choose between 6-4 or 6-5 technically he's closest to 6-5.

Smoke117
07-18-2012, 04:49 PM
For those people saying Jordan, I remember coming across this article of the Bulls coaches discussing Pippen doing athletic exercises with ease that Jordan couldn't do at all. I'm too lazy too actually find it again, but I'm sure someone could if they wanted to.

andgar923
07-18-2012, 04:53 PM
For those people saying Jordan, I remember coming across this article of the Bulls coaches discussing Pippen doing athletic exercises with ease that Jordan couldn't do at all. I'm too lazy too actually find it again, but I'm sure someone could if they wanted to.
Would like to know what these are, since MJ is:

Faster
Quicker
More agile
can jump higher
better reflexes
Stronger
More stamina
better control
Better balance

Pippen is longer and a great athlete for his height no doubt, but not better than MJ.

D.J.
07-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm going with MJ. Incredibly fast(especially his first step), agile, leaping ability, and also very strong for his size. He was also able to take hits in mid-air, change direction and/or hands, and lay it in or make some circus shot. Some honorable mentions:

-LeBron
-Carter
-Shaq
-Wilt

DurantFor40
07-18-2012, 05:00 PM
LeBron James. Size, strength, speed, body control, and plus he's insanely durable.

Linspired
07-18-2012, 05:12 PM
its a f*cking book designed to sensationalize and entertain it isn't 100% irrefutable fact :lol Barkley measured 6-4.63" (6-4 5/8ths) in his barefeet in 1992, they're just rounding down the 6-4 and change to 6-4 to make him seem more of a phenomena than he already was. If your gonna choose between 6-4 or 6-5 technically he's closest to 6-5.

i don't buy that. i don't always believe every recorded measurements. first, anybody can cheat. i can hold my breath and straighten my back to be full 6ft 1 1/2. if i don't i'm 6ft 1. my true height is indeed 6ft 1 1/2, but i can make myself 'shorter' by standing up normally. also people can easily lift their foot a little to gain 1/2 inch. people with napoleon complex does this all the time. i used to have one when i was growing up.

for barkely, i can't buy anything under 6ft 5. maybe he didn't stretch fully when he was measured. he prides himself being 'short' but grabs 12+ rebounds. it's like a consolation prize for him.

with lennox lewis
http://lennoxlewis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/barkley.jpg
http://lennoxlewis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/barkely2.jpg

not so good angle, but supposedly 6ft 7 1/2 magic(i think magic might have lost at least 1 inch of his height)
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/CharlesBar_Kambo_8220801_400.jpg

with brad garrett who is at least 6ft 8
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Charles+Barkley+2009+Ante+Up+Africa+Arrivals+e0YlK 0G8ZCfl.jpg

with 6ft 3 barefoot larry fitzerald
http://lockerz.com/s/51645987

and i've carefully studied barkley's height and IMO he is not shorter than MJ. in many shots i've studied, he always has 1/2 to almost full 1 inch on MJ. mostly video footages though.

CavaliersFTW
07-18-2012, 05:18 PM
i don't buy that. i don't always believe every recorded measurements. first, anybody can cheat. i can hold my breath and straighten my back to be full 6ft 1 1/2. if i don't i'm 6ft 1. my true height is indeed 6ft 1 1/2, but i can make myself 'shorter' by standing up normally. also people can easily lift their foot a little to gain 1/2 inch. people with napoleon complex does this all the time. i used to have one when i was growing up.

for barkely, i can't buy anything under 6ft 5. maybe he didn't stretch fully when he was measured. he prides himself being 'short' but grabs 12+ rebounds. it's like a consolation prize for him.

with lennox lewis
http://lennoxlewis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/barkley.jpg
http://lennoxlewis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/barkely2.jpg

not so good angle, but supposedly 6ft 7 1/2 magic(i think magic might have lost at least 1 inch of his height)
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/CharlesBar_Kambo_8220801_400.jpg

with brad garrett who is at least 6ft 8
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Charles+Barkley+2009+Ante+Up+Africa+Arrivals+e0YlK 0G8ZCfl.jpg

with 6ft 3 barefoot larry fitzerald
http://lockerz.com/s/51645987

and i've carefully studied barkley's height and IMO he is not shorter than MJ. in many shots i've studied, he always has 1/2 to almost full 1 inch on MJ. mostly video footages though.

That's because NBA shoes vary in size from 1/2 thick to nearly 2" thick genius, stop mistrusting the measurements and turn that mistrust towards say... sketchy amature photographic analysis. (You don't know jack about how thick any of those guys shoes are, or if their posture is 100% straight, or what kind of lenses were used that skew perspective, etc etc etc)

MJ 6-4.88", Barkley 6-4.63". If you disagree, great, good for you. But good luck with convincing other people your right and they're not because your research methods are getting you nowhere fast.

andgar923
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Who cares about Chuck's exact height.

He was still clearly shorter than the bigs he went up against, he was still a heavy chubby player, and he still did amazing things. So whether he's 6'4 or 6'5 he still did some great things.

Round Mound
07-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Charles was 6`4 3/4 ft (1.95 mt) same as Micahel Jordan ...so Round Up...

He was so almost 6`5 ft (1.96 mt) but Never Close to 6`6 ft (1.98 mt) Ever

If you see him standing Next to 6`6 ft Players like Thunder Dan, Mark Aguirre, Chris Mullin etc then You`ll See They Are All Taller. Just watch the Videos.

Magic was 6`7 1/2 or 3/4 ft...See Him Stand Nex to Larry Bird was 6`9 1/2...Bird was Clearly Taller.

Chuck was a Freak of Nature Built Like a Football Player 6`4 3/4 and 260 lbs. He could Lift 1000 lbs with his legs. Him and Shaq had the Strongest Lower Torso in the NBA.

He did Not Weight Lift Much Probably because he did Not Wan`t to Affect his Shooting Touch so he Did Not Work his Upper Torso Much.

He did not like to Do Weight Lifting Untill his End of Career with the Rockets where he was close to 290 lbs and Karl Malone around the same Weight...who Probably had the Strongest Upper Torso in the League in the 90s

Strongest Player`s Ive Seen was Shaquille ONiel, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Charles Oakley

Linspired
07-18-2012, 05:56 PM
That's because NBA shoes vary in size from 1/2 thick to nearly 2" thick genius, stop mistrusting the measurements and turn that mistrust towards say... sketchy amature photographic analysis. (You don't know jack about how thick any of those guys shoes are, or if their posture is 100% straight, or what kind of lenses were used that skew perspective, etc etc etc)

MJ 6-4.88", Barkley 6-4.63". If you disagree, great, good for you. But good luck with convincing other people your right and they're not because your research methods are getting you nowhere fast.

remember this shot?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HlJzovAIOFw/Tw5hwDFyzpI/AAAAAAAAXPw/skyxEPLXezQ/s1600/bradydraft.jpg

probably was measured in the morning. he was measured at 6ft 4 3/4. brady is most likely 6ft 4 with various shots i've studied with manning, bledsoe, tebow, and etc. go google brady and bledsoe. you will see 2 inch difference easily. and for some strange reason brady is listed at 6ft 4. NFL rarely downgrades player's height. officially he was measured at 6ft 4 3/4, but it's obvious that he may not be 6ft 4 3/4.

and not everyone is 100% comfortable with their height. I go to Y, and half of them lie about their height. a dude who is short than myself claims he is 6ft 3!. i don't know why, but it seems like many athletes are insecure about their height. you would agree bill walton was insecure about his height too. he thinks 7ft is a freakshow. why would a guy like kevin love approve his 6ft 10 listing unless he wants to make sure the world knows that he isn't 'undersized'?

don't believe everything you read. there is no way these measurements are 100% accurate. go ahead and measure yourself. you will get a different results if you really tried hard enough. i can be measured at 6ft 1/2 up to 6ft 1 3/4. and i'm taller in the morning than at night because i have a bad posture. don't underestimate how cunning people can be. there is a reason why dudes show up with ridiculous 2 1/2 inch thick shoes in the predraft.

guys like bill russell can easily manipulate and get measured at 6ft 10 1/8th if he really wanted to.

with 6ft 4 jon jones who came to inside NBA
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2054978/why_nba_legend_charles_barkley_loves_mma_large.jpg

midatlantic09
07-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Lebron
Jordan
Iverson
Durant
Vince Carter
TMac

inclinerator
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
wilt or lebron

LT Ice Cream
07-18-2012, 07:24 PM
LeBron
MJ
Nate Robinson
Shawn Kemp?

bond10
07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Lebron, Shaq, Jordan, and this guy http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/404/923/griff2_display_image.jpg.

Eh, just Lebron.

Poetry
07-18-2012, 07:52 PM

LeBron is up there but his movements aren't very graceful. He's agile, but he's not the most agile. He's coordinated, but his bulk gives him a certain awkwardness when he's trying to adjust in the air.

AlonzoGOAT
07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
LeBron is up there but his movements aren't very graceful. He's agile, but he's not the most agile. He's coordinated, but his bulk gives him a certain awkwardness when he's trying to adjust in the air.

? No idea what you mean in comparison too?

StateOfMind12
07-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Wilt Chamberlain quite easily. It becomes pretty tough after that though.

pauk
07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Combination of size, speed, power, quickness, cardio, vertical, pain tolerance, longevity, recovery from injury, "non-injury-proneness"....

WILT CHAMBERLAIN
LEBRON JAMES
MICHAEL JORDAN

lbj23clutch
07-18-2012, 08:54 PM
LOL @ people expecting someone 6'8 270 pounds of pure bulk to be graceful. LeBron is similar to Shaq, both physical specimens, physically imposing and sheer strength.

RIP CITY
07-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Michael Jordan

Draz
07-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Lebron.

waseem780
07-18-2012, 09:24 PM
if evryone is saying Lebron because he is strong , fast and can jump high instead of just jumping then look at Blake griffin.. He is stronger , jumps higher , fast (but slower than lebron).

I LUV KOBE
07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Bean

Calabis
07-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Lebron, Jordan, David Thompson and Dr. J.

Asukal
07-18-2012, 09:30 PM
You guys keep saying Lebron, Jordan, Lebron, Jordan..... Quit it!

The only answer is Wilt. Check out his stats:

- beat up a mountain LION!! yup! a L-I-O-N and with his barehands no less!
- Could dunk his free throws with just 3 mini steps. Yup t-h-r-e-e!
- Benched 500 pounds! omg! 500!!!!!
- blocked 20 skyhooks in 1 game!! damn!
- he scored 100 in a single game w/o 3 pointers. Amazing stamina!
- averaged 50 ppg in a season! Stamina god!
- oh yeah he banged 20000 women! jlauber's mom included!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

inclinerator
07-18-2012, 09:31 PM
if evryone is saying Lebron because he is strong , fast and can jump high instead of just jumping then look at Blake griffin.. He is stronger , jumps higher , fast (but slower than lebron).
coodination

Living Being
07-18-2012, 09:41 PM
coodination
:banana:

jlauber
07-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Combination of size, speed, power, quickness, cardio, vertical, pain tolerance, longevity, recovery from injury, "non-injury-proneness"....

WILT CHAMBERLAIN
LEBRON JAMES
MICHAEL JORDAN

Some here have mentioned it, but Chamberlain's STAMINA has been UNEQUALED in the HISTORY of the game.The top-SEVEN seasons in MPG. His regular season career average, in 1045 games, was 45.8 mpg. Then, in his 160 post-season games, he averaged an unfathomable 47.2 mpg (in his LAST season he averaged 47.1 mpg in 17 post-season games.) Not only did he have a season of 48.5 mpg, but it came in a season in which the schedule was everybit as compacted as this PAST season. Included in that season were strings of multiple games in a row, including one stretch of FIVE games in FIVE nights (or days.)

Pauk mentioned his ability to recover from injury. He absolutely stunned the medical world when he came back from major knee surgery after only four months (BTW, he did so for the benefit of his TEAMMATES, in an effort to get them a title.) Not only that, but in his seven game Finals that season, he averaged 23.2 ppg, 24.1 rpg, and shot .625 from the floor (including a 45 point game in a "must-win" game six.)

Of course, his strength, speed, coordination, and leaping ability have been uinmatched by any other seven-footer in NBA history. There is a strong possibility that Wilt, at his NBA peak, may have been the strongest basketball player to have ever played the game. And, given what we know about his wingspan and his vertical leap, there has probably never been a player who had a higher reach.

And while there will be some (maybe many) here that scoff at those claims, I have always found it fascinating that there has never been any LEGITIMATE claim to the contrary. How come, in his entire career, and with so many players who played with, and against him, as well as those that worked out with him, that no one has come forth and DISPUTED these "tales?"

I LUV KOBE
07-18-2012, 10:30 PM
^weak era

AlonzoGOAT
07-18-2012, 10:32 PM

BG is stronger then lebron based on? And add stamina and durability to LeBron

NastyCrossover1
07-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Jordan because he was dunking on heads like no other.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Mark Madsen was unparalleled at waiving the towel!

andgar923
07-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Mark Madsen was unparalleled at waiving the towel!

*ahem*

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/396/391/jack_haley_display_image.jpg?1341846600

PistolPete44
07-19-2012, 12:08 AM
^weak era
Can't someone ban this troll?:facepalm

Wilt blocking skyhook twice in a row.gif
Gus johnson's shoulder
bench press
footage of almost reaching top of the backboard

lbj23clutch
07-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Shaq >Wilt

The myths don't impress me.

CavaliersFTW
07-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Shaq >Wilt

The myths don't impress me.
http://youtu.be/YVDzzxVE34k

schism206
07-19-2012, 12:57 AM

Dunno, I think Jordan would have made a pretty sick wide receiver if he had ever really tried to play football. :rockon:

Celts34
07-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Jordan because he was dunking on heads like no other.

If thats your basis. Dominique dunked on just about as many, if not more. Same goes for Shawn Kemp. All prime shaq did was dunk ugly on big guys. Amare pre microfracture had ridiculous athleticism.

jayfan
07-19-2012, 01:40 AM
"The Dream"

It seriously took 100 posts before someone mentioned Olajuwon?? Embarrassing. They've probably got his photo next to the word "athletic" in Websters Dictionary.

I LUV KOBE
07-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Can't someone ban this troll?:facepalm

Wilt blocking skyhook twice in a row.gif
Gus johnson's shoulder
bench press
footage of almost reaching top of the backboard
still weak era.. :banana:

jlauber
07-19-2012, 02:45 AM
still weak era.. :banana:

Even if this were true, how is a Wilt who could probably touch the top of the backboard; who was widely rumored to have benched somewhere in the vicinity of 500 lbs; who, at age 27, and at 290 lbs, was clocked at a 4.6 40 (and who, himself claimed that he ran a 4.4 in college); and who had a LEGITIMATE offer to play professional football; and who had TWO LEGITIMATE offers to fight for the World Heavyweight Boxing title;...NOT be considered among the greatest athletes in all of sports history?

I LUV KOBE
07-19-2012, 02:47 AM
Even if this were true, how is a Wilt who could probably touch the top of the backboard; who was widely rumored to have benched somewhere in the vicinity of 500 lbs; who, at age 27, and at 290 lbs, was clocked at a 4.6 40 (and who, himself claimed that he ran a 4.4 in college); and who had a LEGITIMATE offer to play professional football; and who had TWO LEGITIMATE offers to fight for the World Heavyweight Boxing title;...NOT be considered among the greatest athletes in all of sports history?
Wilt = Poor Man's Javale Mcgee

jlauber
07-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Wilt = Poor Man's Javale Mcgee

I have said it before, but you could probably pull Wilt's corpse from the hole, prop him up under the basket, and McGee would probably not score a point against him...

get these NETS
07-20-2012, 11:42 AM
dream was a better player.....Wilt is an icon..but David Robinson is without question the most athletic 5 ever

here is a photo of him in a handstand contest against Olympic gold medalists

http://cf-assets2.captureserver.com/assets/dontloot-555d293add6a5f1725559724293f6815.gif

http://www.capturemychicago.com/photos/265146

wilt,shaq,thurmond might have been stronger

but speed, quickness, agility, strength, coordination....only dream is close and robinson has the strength edge on him

I LUV KOBE
07-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I have said it before, but you could probably pull Wilt's corpse from the hole, prop him up under the basket, and McGee would probably not score a point against him...
huh? Wilt played against 5 foot white dude with 1 inch vertical and most of them have a record of 40 yard dash in 10 years and you expect me to believe you.. Even Brian Scalabrine with handcuffs will be god in that weak era.. :lol

chocolatethunder
07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Almost everyone here is too young to remember but McDyess was an animal pre injury. I'm pretty sure he had a 40" vert and he was extremely strong.

Quickening
07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Almost everyone here is too young to remember but McDyess was an animal pre injury. I'm pretty sure he had a 40" vert and he was extremely strong.

STFU :lol :roll: :applause: