PDA

View Full Version : Donatas Motiejunas. Future all star.

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.sportas.info/images/news/ov_ov_lt_fin_009.jpg

You heard it here first!
My expectations, just like his are crazy.

Couple of quotes from the great one:

"All of you in Houston know me as the guy who talks. Right now is the time to show that what I talk is not just talk."

"If you are afraid of wolves, dont go to the woods."

"Dwight Howard have to catch me before he can push me"

And my favorite one

"I wake up every morning to become the best"

Watch all of these, they are selected, my favourite highlights.

MUST WATCH!!!!

Fake lay up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5O2UNL0BiA)

Fake half spin (http://youtu.be/QjrHLNfhJmI?t=42s)

Crazy behind the back pass (http://youtu.be/_Z9l0ZJXrJo?t=3m14s)

Right hand hook shot (hes lefty) (http://youtu.be/IFqK-YXlsHs?t=4m6s)

DuMa
07-18-2012, 02:42 PM
how come he isnt playing for the lithuanian national team for the olympics?

senelcoolidge
07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Future Summer league All star..you got that right.

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2012, 02:45 PM
how come he isnt playing for the lithuanian national team for the olympics?
Conflicts with our moron coach. I know people say that Donatas wanted guaranteed minutes, but thats not true, Kemzura (coach) is ****ing stubborn phlegmatic idiot, and last year he waived Motiejunas in last minutes just to show him who is the boss. ****ing clown.

DuMa
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Conflicts with our moron coach. I know people say that Donatas wanted guaranteed minutes, but thats not true, Kemzura (coach) is ****ing stubborn phlegmatic idiot, and last year he waived Motiejunas in last minutes just to show him who is the boss. ****ing clown.

how sad. Hes a crafty and creative player. Would have been fun to see him on the prime time stage.

Grinder
07-18-2012, 02:57 PM

Kemzura seems to have a grudge against Motiejunas. He should have been on the team last year too. It's a joke to see Songaila and Kavaliauskas make the team over him. Valanciunas/Motiejunas/Kleiza front court would have been very good.

Yung D-Will
07-18-2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158718

You're welcome

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158718

You're welcome

Thank you?

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
"Either they will kick my ass or I will kick their ass."

el gringos
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I've known that for years. One of the most impressive prospects ever in the hoops summit game. That he went 20 two years later was insane. I thought he should have been a top 2 pick as an 18 year old.

FindingTim
07-18-2012, 03:15 PM
love the confidence, instant fan right here.

Yung D-Will
07-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Thank you?

I was mocked I tell you! But now you guys are seeing the light.

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I was mocked I tell you! But now you guys are seeing the light.

Believe me, I was seeing the light since his 15 y.o days in Lithuania ( where Im from ), but its pleasant to see other approve his talent.

Raz
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
He has looked very smooth so far. He is really benefiting from playing with such good passers in Machado and White. He's so talented offensively already, having McHale as a coach for him will do wonders.

I never understood why the Rockets didn't bring Hakeem on full-time. Imagine being taught how to play in the post by McHale and Hakeem? Probably the two most talented low post threats ever

CeltsGarlic
08-29-2012, 08:01 AM
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/qa-donatas-motiejunas

Interview with young kid.

East_Stone_Ya
08-29-2012, 08:23 AM
not impressed:durantunimpressed:

BoutPractice
08-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I really want him to succeed... he has something special, he just needs to figure out the best way to put his considerable talent to use in the league.

He's got potential as a Bargnani/Gasol hybrid, even though they were drafted much higher than him... let's hope the Rockets give him a chance.

bagelred
08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Daryl Morey picked him...so I don't doubt it. :bowdown:

el gringos
08-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Pistons get k Martin and m morris

Rockets get Amare, ny 1st, det 2nd

Knicks get Motiejunas, Villenueva, daye

Punpun
08-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Daryl Morey picked him...so I don't doubt it. :bowdown:

Morey picked what, 10 PF ? 12 PF ? One better pan out. :yaohappy:

Clippersfan86
08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
"Either they will kick my ass or I will kick their ass."

LMAO. Dude is badass and hilarious IMO. He's the young Chuck Norris of the NBA.

millwad
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Motiejunas is a beast.
As a Rocket fan I still remember that draft night, I spammed the clutchfans chat so much during that night about how they must draft him... They got tired of my constant spamming so they kicked me out of the chat, haha.

But hey, they got him...

kurple
08-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Kosta Koufos > This guy

and i like Donatas. but he wont be a star

not saying 2k will be a star

Raz
08-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Kosta Koufos > This guy

and i like Donatas. but he wont be a star

not saying 2k will be a star

Says the Denver fan. Pfft

kurple
08-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Says the Denver fan. Pfft
i'm also european.. that means i automaticly knows more about both of them

millwad
08-29-2012, 08:06 PM
i'm also european.. that means i automaticly knows more about both of them

You're not european, you're somali.

CeltsGarlic
10-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Good game by D-Mo
16-8-1 but made some great passes that team mates didnt convert. Amazing court vision.
His team defense still sucks. looks lost sometimes.

maybeshewill13
10-14-2012, 04:32 PM
This dude sucks. Saw him play a few days ago and he was by far and away the worst player on the court. I think he scored like 4 points and had about 5 turnovers.. :facepalm Really ****ing stupid turnovers too.

CeltsGarlic
10-14-2012, 04:39 PM
This dude sucks. Saw him play a few days ago and he was by far and away the worst player on the court. I think he scored like 4 points and had about 5 turnovers.. :facepalm Really ****ing stupid turnovers too.

He was just off illness. Dont judge when you dont know.
#facepalm

upside24
10-14-2012, 04:45 PM
A lot of confidence in this one.

Sakkreth
10-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Nba.com fcking sucks, he scores most points on the team, 16/8 in 25minutes as a rookie and gets 0 highlights, game before that scores 13 in 18 minutes, 0 words or highlights.

IamSofaKing
10-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Valanciunas or Motiejunas?

maybeshewill13
10-15-2012, 02:55 AM
He was just off illness. Dont judge when you dont know.
#facepalm

I don't give a flying ****. I saw the game, I can judge all I want, and he was ****ing terrible.

Euroleague
10-15-2012, 03:12 AM
Nba.com fcking sucks, he scores most points on the team, 16/8 in 25minutes as a rookie and gets 0 highlights, game before that scores 13 in 18 minutes, 0 words or highlights.

He's white and he's European, so you better get used to it.

It's all part of the totally racist agenda of the NBA. You should have seen how they handled Yao Ming clips............

maybeshewill13
10-15-2012, 03:14 AM
He's white and he's European, so you better get used to it.

It's all part of the totally racist agenda of the NBA. You should have seen how they handled Yao Ming clips............

Hahaha too funny..

Euroleague
10-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Hahaha too funny..

And here come the racist NBA only fans...how very sad and totally predictable.

maybeshewill13
10-15-2012, 03:46 AM
And here come the racist NBA only fans...how very sad and totally predictable.

Trollolololol dude you're so obvious. Worst troll ever :sleeping

Borat_Sagdyev
10-15-2012, 05:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2yFtssXVc
:pimp:

Borat_Sagdyev
10-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Valanciunas or Motiejunas?
Big V of course! :rockon:

CeltsGarlic
10-15-2012, 06:19 AM
I don't give a flying ****. I saw the game, I can judge all I want, and he was ****ing terrible.
jugding from your posts youre a fking idiot.

maybeshewill13
10-15-2012, 06:21 AM
jugding from your posts youre a fking idiot.

:cry: :sleeping

CeltsGarlic
03-06-2013, 12:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

2013 03 16
Dmo makes his NBA Rookie ladder debut.

Summer league doesnt count.

Whoah10115
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
He looks way thicker now than he was before...I don't know if it's a good thing. He looks slow. He looks skilled tho. They're gonna end up playing him at the 5 if he doesn't shed some of that weight. He looks so different.

noob cake
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM
He looks way thicker now than he was before...I don't know if it's a good thing. He looks slow. He looks skilled tho. They're gonna end up playing him at the 5 if he doesn't shed some of that weight. He looks so different.

:lol :lol :lol

I haven't seen a faster 7 footer in the league.

bagelred
03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
I know he's great because Daryl Morey picked him. That's all I need to know.

kNicKz
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
These new Eastern European guys have an edge to them, it's refreshing to see tough European players after watching guys like Bargnani and Rudy lol

TMac&Luther
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM

??? What. He's looked athletic as hell. If anything he needs to pack on more muscle (which he is, reason why he looks thicker) so he can hold his position better down low.

shoops
03-06-2013, 02:17 PM
??? What. He's looked athletic as hell. If anything he needs to pack on more muscle (which he is, reason why he looks thicker) so he can hold his position better down low.
Yeah that's pretty off imo, he still looks pretty damn thin, which is probably why he can spin so fast. I agree that he needs to buff up some more even if it makes him a little slower, so he won't get punked that easily by bigger guys.

Dude was looking mostly only fit for garbage time earlier on in the season simply because he wasn't very strong and got lost, but now he's shaping up to be a respectable starter, he's definitely put in some work. He clearly still has stamina issues, you can see him huffing and puffing in interviews and shit :oldlol: , but that'll get better. Guy seems to have pretty good bball iq and his positioning is pretty good so he works pretty well with J Lin. :applause:

03-06-2013, 04:49 PM
They don't show DMO HL because Lithuania isn't exactly the world's fastest growing economical power. And his moves are unspectacular (though still effective) so as a person looking forward to flashy moves, they will be disappointed.

So therefore business wise, there is little to no incentive for the US and the NBA to invest in Lithuania (compared to China)

Sorry euros. These people don't think you are worth it.

Whoah10115
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
I haven't watched him since he's been starting...so maybe in these 3-4 games he looks different. He rarely played earlier on but he looks slow and cumbersome. Maybe he just didn't have his feet.

He was thicker than before tho and he did look slow when I saw him play. So if he looks more like the clips I'd seen prior to him playing in the NBA, that's good.

MetsPackers
03-06-2013, 06:19 PM

You always seem to confidently post things that couldn't be further from the truth as if they are fact. What gives? Don't actually watch? Just like to feel important?

Cermet
03-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah that's pretty off imo, he still looks pretty damn thin, which is probably why he can spin so fast. I agree that he needs to buff up some more even if it makes him a little slower, so he won't get punked that easily by bigger guys.

Dude was looking mostly only fit for garbage time earlier on in the season simply because he wasn't very strong and got lost, but now he's shaping up to be a respectable starter, he's definitely put in some work. He clearly still has stamina issues, you can see him huffing and puffing in interviews and shit :oldlol: , but that'll get better. Guy seems to have pretty good bball iq and his positioning is pretty good so he works pretty well with J Lin. :applause:

BS ,He looked good from the beginning but rockets didn't give him playing time at all. He might have improved during the season but he deserved 20+ min from the beginning of the season..

TMac&Luther
03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
BS ,He looked good from the beginning but rockets didn't give him playing time at all. He might have improved during the season but he deserved 20+ min from the beginning of the season..

Pump the breaks, I know you like the kid, but there's no way in hell he deserved to be a 20 min a game player out of the gate. :roll:

Whoah10115
03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
You always seem to confidently post things that couldn't be further from the truth as if they are fact. What gives? Don't actually watch? Just like to feel important?

Not able to read the followup post, right above, and preferred instead to quote something without any basis? And you're talking to me about feeling important?

Good job.

Cermet
03-07-2013, 04:08 AM
Pump the breaks, I know you like the kid, but there's no way in hell he deserved to be a 20 min a game player out of the gate. :roll:

He certainly deserved more than 16 minutes(as a starter) in this game with Dallas . Looks like the Rockets are going to bench him soon and for no reason.

steve franchise
03-07-2013, 04:12 AM
He certainly deserved more than 16 minutes(as a starter) in this game with Dallas . Looks like the Rockets are going to bench him soon and for no reason.

Of course there's a reason. He isn't that good.

bdreason
03-07-2013, 04:37 AM
I've only seen him play a couple times, but I was impressed by his skill set + size. I could see him becoming a legit starting caliber PF/C. It's surprising that McHale, being a post player himself, doesn't get D-Mo more minutes.

Cermet
03-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Of course there's a reason. He isn't that good.

Then they should have traded him ,there would have been plenty of teams who think he IS that good.

TMac&Luther
03-07-2013, 11:19 AM

What are you talking about.. the guy was a complete waste on defense as was a part of just about every run Dallas had. If he isn't scoring he's useless. The guy is raw as hell and has no business being a open day or 20 min starter until he improves his defense. He was pulled off the court for good reason last night.

Cermet
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
:roll:
What are you talking about.. the guy was a complete waste on defense as was a part of just about every run Dallas had. If he isn't scoring he's useless. The guy is raw as hell and has no business being a open day or 20 min starter until he improves his defense. He was pulled off the court for good reason last night.

Ok then we will take 10 games from the day he was given the starting job and see the Rockets record when he plays 20 and more minutes and when he plays less than 20 minutes.

Funnyfuka
03-07-2013, 11:47 AM
These new Eastern European guys have an edge to them, it's refreshing to see tough European players after watching guys like Bargnani and Rudy lol
yeah but they all fail in the nba and are exposed as being softies compared to big black athletic americans...

Bobcats2013
03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Thomas Robinson is better and he's showing how good he is with the limited minutes he's getting.

Sakkreth
03-07-2013, 11:58 AM
yeah but they all fail in the nba and are exposed as being softies compared to big black athletic americans...

Yeah name me a soft Lithuanian that played in NBA.

Maybe this one ? http://youtu.be/x9zBndgbHKs?t=55s

CeltsGarlic
03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/i0bobYG.png

Line up stats when dmo is on the court and heat in comparison.

andremiller07
03-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Thomas Robinson is better and he's showing how good he is with the limited minutes he's getting.

Loving so far what I seen from Douglas/Patterson when they get given mins, imo both look to have a good future for the Kings.

03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah name me a soft Lithuanian that played in NBA.

Maybe this one ? http://youtu.be/x9zBndgbHKs?t=55s

Surunas' child molester mustache always scared me. I hear he listened to disco music to get pumped before games.

Cermet
03-07-2013, 12:16 PM
damn Marciulionis was ripped

Bobcats2013
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Loving so far what I seen from Douglas/Patterson when they get given mins, imo both look to have a good future for the Kings.

At the end of the day what everyone needed was a scenery change to start over. The motivation is there to make a statement.

Even though I think Robinson in a few years will elevate to a potential all star level I was being unfair to the Kings. They got a pretty decent deal after all especially after I saw Douglas yesterday.

andremiller07
03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
At the end of the day what everyone needed was a scenery change to start over. The motivation is there to make a statement.

Even though I think Robinson in a few years will elevate to a potential all star level I was being unfair to the Kings. They got a pretty decent deal after all especially after I saw Douglas yesterday.

Same I was completely against the trade but the reailty is T-Rob probably never develops into a player in Sacramento and in return we got two guy who we know what they going to do. I was blown away by Douglas D on Curry and while hes not a great playmaker he made the right play 9/10 times against the Warriors.

MiseryCityTexas
03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
lol rockets traded patrick patterson just to give him playing time.

TMac&Luther
03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
lol rockets traded patrick patterson just to give him playing time.

No, They traded Patterson, because sooner or later he was going to lose his job anyway. (Might as well move him at his max value). Patterson has already topped out with very little potential left to grow. Morey saw him for what he is.. a soft undersized PF who has a decent jump shot, but had zero game/moves in the post and is extremely weak on the boards. On a contending team he's nothing, but a rotation player. D Mo can already do everything Patterson can, but he has a much bigger upside.

Cermet
03-07-2013, 02:04 PM
No, They traded Patterson, because sooner or later he was going to lose his job anyway. (Might as well move him at his max value). Patterson has already topped out with very little potential left to grow. Morey saw him for what he is.. a soft undersized PF who has a decent jump shot, but had zero game/moves in the post and is extremely weak on the boards. On a contending team he's nothing, but a rotation player. D Mo can already do everything Patterson can, but he has a much bigger upside.

wtf?? you just told me before that Motiejunas was crap(defensively)

SCREWstonRockets
03-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Always liked him. Every since we got Yao, I would always check nbadraft for any upcoming international prospects. Donatas caught my eye, he was only 18 and I would have never thought he would end up playing for the Rockets. Glad he finally gets playing time.

Struggled a bit last night, wasn't hitting his open shots and didn't get back on defense.

shoops
03-07-2013, 02:20 PM

Relax man, Motiejunas is fine, he looks promising with his skillset. He's not that good as you think yet and he didn't play too well yesterday, but he's definitely improving. Atm, Patterson is the better player except for post moves and rebounding, but Motiejunas is already so comfortable with his low post repertoire so he should surpass Patterson in due time. Patterson is a solid and classy player, I still think he got too much shit from Rockets fans, and I wish him well in Sac, glad to see him beasting yesterday.

Cermet
03-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Relax man, Motiejunas is fine, he looks promising with his skillset. He's not that good as you think yet and he didn't play too well yesterday, but he's definitely improving. Atm, Patterson is the better player except for post moves and rebounding, but Motiejunas is already so comfortable with his low post repertoire so he should surpass Patterson in due time. Patterson is a solid and classy player, I still think he got too much shit from Rockets fans, and I wish him well in Sac, glad to see him beasting yesterday.

I just hope that he gets his minutes. There is no point in starting him if you only play him 15 min a game. Sometimes you have to get through a shooting slump and the rockets are expecting him to shoot 80% percent from the floor instantly it seems.

Also what do you think about his rebounding ? it seems really really streaky for some reason. Last game he got only 1 rebound and the game before he got 6 rebounds in 1Q. Don't really know if he is a good rebounder or not but I guess if he lacks defense the rebounding isn't that great to.

I know they are really different and play different positions but how would you compare

VALANCIUNAS with MOTIEJUNAS?

What are their strengths and weaknesses ? Who has more upside?

shoops
03-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I just hope that he gets his minutes. There is no point in starting him if you only play him 15 min a game. Sometimes you have to get through a shooting slump and the rockets are expecting him to shoot 80% percent from the floor instantly it seems.

Also what do you think about his rebounding ? it seems really really streaky for some reason. Last game he got only 1 rebound and the game before he got 6 rebounds in 1Q. Don't really know if he is a good rebounder or not but I guess if he lacks defense the rebounding isn't that great to.

I know they are really different and play different positions but how would you compare

Motiejunas will definitely get more minutes over time as far as I can tell. He's getting stronger and improving on the defensive end. Yesterday his shot was pretty off after a few nice buckets close to the basket and he was slow on the defensive end so he got pulled. I think McHale was probably annoyed when he threw a fancy pass to Asik that got lost. I wouldn't worry about his playing time, McHale isn't exactly smart when it comes to rotations anyways.

I think he rebounds pretty well, even if he isn't that strong yet, and I think it has to do with his positioning, and his height helps too. He has good bball iq and he often knows where to position himself and box out. I'm not sure why he only grabbed 1 rebound yesterday, didn't really notice. It might've been because the mavs were making easy buckets in the paint though lol. I'll have to see some more games from him to tell I guess.

I haven't seen enough of Valanciunas tbh, but from what I've seen but he seems to play with more power I suppose, rebounds well and gets blocks but his offense seems raw and probably mostly comes from putbacks and cleanup baskets. Motiejunas' game is based off finesse, he has an impressive post offense repertoire considering his youth, and his passing and bball iq is pretty good. Motiejunas looks comfortable around the basket and he can spin with no hesitation and leave defenders in the dust. I don't know who will be the better player, but if Motiejunas can improve his defense and get stronger he'll be very well off.

TMac&Luther
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM

He is right now... that doesn't mean he always will be. He's flat out missing defensive assignments (example "not getting back"), which tells me his knowledge level is not there yet, but he's a ROOKIE so I expect him to improve. He's not a vet.. hence why he isn't or shouldn't have been getting vet minutes. He's a developing player, part of that development process is playing a limited role (especially when he's hurting the team on the defensive end) and not putting too much on his plate. You expect the Rockets to just throw him out there, "team be damned" and that is flat out wrong.. especially smack dab in the middle of a heated playoff race.

Funnyfuka
03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
another euro who will never be up to the challenge of facing afro american skill and athleticism.

Only the gasol brothers, asik and ginobili (SA) have been up to the challenge.

03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
another euro who will never be up to the challenge of facing afro american skill and athleticism.

Only the gasol brothers, asik and ginobili (SA) have been up to the challenge.

Asik = from Turkey.

Turkey =/= Europe.

So therefore Asik =/= Euro

jamal99
03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Asik = from Turkey.

Turkey =/= Europe.

All teams from Turkey (including national) play in European competitions and part of Turkey is in Europe...

Clifton
03-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Asik = from Turkey.

Turkey =/= Europe.

Isn't Ginobili from Argentina?

steve franchise
03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Then they should have traded him ,there would have been plenty of teams who think he IS that good.

If you say so. He was drafted 20th for a reason. lol @ "plenty of teams".

tgan3
03-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Hes like a Dirk Nowitzki ver 2.0. Possible he can be great or be someone like barganni

Cermet
03-08-2013, 05:07 AM
If you say so. He was drafted 20th for a reason. lol @ "plenty of teams".

And drafting is like the most precise science of all....

03-08-2013, 05:12 AM
All teams from Turkey (including national) play in European competitions and part of Turkey is in Europe...

I meant eurozone wise....(I think)...

I know even friggin Turkish Airlines sponsors the Euroleague

03-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Isn't Ginobili from Argentina?

Yes. But he also has dual citizenship with Italy (with his Argentinian).

Sakkreth
03-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Hes like a Dirk Nowitzki ver 2.0. Possible he can be great or be someone like barganni

I am not saying he's going to be Dirk, but he can't be Bargnani. D-Mo is way better rebounder already and he's ain't soft.

East_Stone_Ya
03-08-2013, 05:37 AM
:no:

more like

http://therookiewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Nikoloz-Tskitishvili.jpg

noob cake
03-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Umm Dirk and Barg are jump shooters.

DMo is a post player who can shoot.

Sakkreth
03-08-2013, 05:41 AM
Umm Dirk and Barg are jump shooters.

DMo is a post player who can shoot.

Yeah that's the main difference.

donsanchez306
03-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Seems like the type of player the Sixers would've targeted but Andrew bynum took an arrow to the knee.

knickballer
03-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I was shocked when this guy was taken so late and I thought he was a top 5 talent. Wanted the knicks to select him that year.

He can very well end up being the second best player in that draft

Sakkreth
03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I was shocked when this guy was taken so late and I thought he was a top 5 talent. Wanted the knicks to select him that year.

He can very well end up being the second best player in that draft

Well he had to stay in europe for a season so that was a big factor why he was selected this late.

knickballer
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Well he had to stay in europe for a season so that was a big factor why he was selected this late.

So did Jonas V. But even that there was an impending lockout coming and a team like Cleveland(who had two top 5 picks) weren't going to contend either way.

Rooster
03-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Pretty skilled player but all star is a stretch. He's not soft compare to European standard. Hopefully he does not flop like the most of them.

Borat_Sagdyev
03-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Meh
http://s22.postimage.org/4wlqdhw1t/image.jpg

CeltsGarlic
10-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Preparing for that second big season.

#hypetrainleaves

Mr Exlax
10-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Preparing for that second big season.

#hypetrainleaves

Him and TJones are still battling for that starting spot. Neither of which appear to be a lock.

CeltsGarlic
10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Mad skills (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8iBI5dUmI)

DuMa
10-28-2013, 03:22 PM
neither of them are starting. nor am i afraid that neither will be the first big off the bench. They just might roll with Asik/Dwight/Ca$Hpi front court rotation

Mr Exlax
10-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Ca$Hpi

I like that lol

CeltsGarlic
12-27-2013, 10:34 AM
D-Mo with 23 BIG minutes and some great plays, which got dwight hyped like its xmas morning.

"D-Mo came in and he was Super D-Mo tonight" -Howard
"D-Mo won us that game" - Harden

#SeasonStartsNOW

East_Stone_Ya
12-27-2013, 10:35 AM
not impressed so far

Pra
12-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Would excel on a different team? W/ him battling T. Jones for the starting spot and T. Jones clearly winning that battle he won't get as much PT. Maybe he'll be used as a trade chip w/ Asik?

Sakkreth
12-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Would excel on a different team? W/ him battling T. Jones for the starting spot and T. Jones clearly winning that battle he won't get as much PT. Maybe he'll be used as a trade chip w/ Asik?

Wasn't too much of a battle, when T Jones started getting big minutes up until that point he had proven nothing over D-Mo. What D-Mo could of done with same amount of playing time that Jones got is only to guess.

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Wasn't too much of a battle, when T Jones started getting big minutes up until that point he had proven nothing over D-Mo. What D-Mo could of done with same amount of playing time that Jones got is only to guess.
T Jones is easily better than D-Mo.

hawksdogsbraves
12-27-2013, 11:56 AM

But it was the coaches who have watched both players over their whole careers who decided that Jones deserved the starting job. 'D-Mo' isn't likely to get minutes any time soon with the way Jones has been playing.

Sakkreth
12-27-2013, 12:10 PM
T Jones is easily better than D-Mo.

I respect your 14yo personal opinion.

Mr Exlax
12-27-2013, 12:15 PM
But it was the coaches who have watched both players over their whole careers who decided that Jones deserved the starting job. 'D-Mo' isn't likely to get minutes any time soon with the way Jones has been playing.

This.

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I respect your 14yo personal opinion.
Thanks. Your argument is solid :rolleyes:

Sakkreth
12-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks. Your argument is solid :rolleyes:

It's not an argument, it's a given fact(that I respect your personal opinion) for you (by me). I hope it's clear now.

Brokenbeat
12-27-2013, 01:09 PM
It's not an argument, it's a given fact(that I respect your personal opinion) for you (by me). I hope it's clear now.

Your boy choked and lost the starting gig to Jones. That's the only "fact" that's relevant here. :confusedshrug:

moe94
12-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Your boy choked and lost the starting gig to Jones. That's the only "fact" that's relevant here. :confusedshrug:
:roll:

Sakkreth
12-27-2013, 01:39 PM

Choked when and how, if you are talking about facts atleast give em, go google what the fck is a fact first.

CeltsGarlic
12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
I see that with great success comes great amount of haters.. Whatevv. You all will be banned from jumping on DMo bandwagon, when dude starts to shine which will happen sooner or latter.

CelticBaller
12-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Makes too much sense

Fudge
12-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Terrence Jones > Jonas > D-Mo

Brokenbeat
12-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Choked when and how, if you are talking about facts atleast give em, go google what the fck is a fact first.

Getting the starting gig + losing it = choking the opportunity away :cheers:

Sakkreth
12-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Terrence Jones > Jonas > D-Mo

What's next Jones > LeBron ?

moe94
12-27-2013, 02:41 PM
What's next Jones > LeBron ?
We comparing Jonas to LeBron now?

Sakkreth
12-27-2013, 02:41 PM
We comparing Jonas to LeBron now?

We might need start to if Jones > Jonas

CeltsGarlic
11-27-2014, 04:55 PM
D-Mo playing quite good lately!
I hope he can continue this fine trend.

MP.Trey
11-27-2014, 05:06 PM
D-Mo playing quite good lately!
I hope he can continue this fine trend.
Just picked him up in fantasy, he better keep this up.

CeltsGarlic
11-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Just picked him up in fantasy, he better keep this up.

He's looking in rhythm , but its quite common for him to lose his game out of nowhere.

Fingers crossed!

chips93
11-28-2014, 08:16 AM
anybody else think he looks a bit like russell crowe?

CeltsGarlic
12-04-2014, 07:35 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/TautGrandioseKissingbug.gif

YouGotServed
12-04-2014, 09:05 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/TautGrandioseKissingbug.gif

:pimp:

Q.E.C
12-04-2014, 09:43 PM
He's been great for us since Dwight and Jones are out. I hope he can keep up this level of play. Last season his post moves were out of control but it looks like he's worked on his foot work and gained some strength.

MiseryCityTexas
12-05-2014, 04:34 AM
He's playing great because everyone else is hurt. He sucked ass when everyone was healthy, and that's what the biased idiots at Clutchfans fail to understand.I'm just happy that he's taking the ball inside and improving on defense instead of jacking up three pointers like he used to do.

el_locoteee
12-05-2014, 05:49 AM
He's playing great because everyone else is hurt. He sucked ass when everyone was healthy, and that's what the biased idiots at Clutchfans fail to understand.I'm just happy that he's taking the ball inside and improving on defense instead of jacking up three pointers like he used to do.

Sucked ass when everyone was healthy?
He was sucking ass when everyone else was hurt, its been a few games ago that He stared to play where he supposed to play in the low block and teammates stopped ignoring him when he was posting up.

Coach have taken the decision to actually play him there and is directing the teammates to actually look for him, and because he is having success they are now looking to run plays for him.

Now I hope when team gets healthy that they keep looking for him when coming from the bench while playing along with Dwight is almost impossible that he will play him in the post so unfortunately because Dmo doesn't have a mid range jumper he will be relegated to shooting 3s unless Kevin figure something out to get them both touches in the low block while playing together.

MiseryCityTexas
12-05-2014, 06:09 AM
Sucked ass when everyone was healthy?
He was sucking ass when everyone else was hurt, its been a few games ago that He stared to play where he supposed to play in the low block and teammates stopped ignoring him when he was posting up.

Coach have taken the decision to actually play him there and is directing the teammates to actually look for him, and because he is having success they are now looking to run plays for him.

Now I hope when team gets healthy that they keep looking for him when coming from the bench while playing along with Dwight is almost impossible that he will play him in the post so unfortunately because Dmo doesn't have a mid range jumper he will be relegated to shooting 3s unless Kevin figure something out to get them both touches in the low block while playing together.

Yeah I have to give D-Mo credit. Both Motie and even Joey Dorsey have stepped up big. Dorsey is like a poor man's prime Ben Wallace off the bench, and D-Mo's a poor man's Dirk. Our bench is getting swole now, cause even Isiah Canaan, Clint Capenela and Nick Johnson showed flashes of being solid NBA players. Clint sucks badly on offense, but he's already showing that he can block shots and be a decent man to man post defender so he's already a better player than Hashit Thabust. Isiah Canaan is just a slightly taller version of Aaron Brooks, only not as good yet.

CeltsGarlic
12-05-2014, 06:16 AM
Yeah I have to give D-Mo credit. Both Motie and even Joey Dorsey have stepped up big. Dorsey is like a poor man's prime Ben Wallace off the bench, and D-Mo's a poor man's Dirk. Our bench is getting swole now, cause even Isiah Canaan, Clint Capenela and Nick Johnson showed flashes of being solid NBA players. Clint sucks badly on offense, but he's already showing that he can block shots and be a decent man to man post defender so he's already a better player than Hashit Thabust. Isiah Canaan is just a slightly taller version of Aaron Brooks, only not as good yet.
DMo- Dirk comparisons is so 2012..

Very off, man.

MiseryCityTexas
12-05-2014, 06:27 AM
DMo- Dirk comparisons is so 2012..

Very off, man.

Poor is the keyword here. D-Mo will never be on Dirk's level as a player, but I do agree and understand what you are saying also. I just made that comparison because they are to euro 7 footers that are capable of knocking down threes. D-Mo has them pivot post moves, while Dirk shoots that signature postup turnaround fallaway jumper.

CeltsGarlic
12-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Poor is the keyword here. D-Mo will never be on Dirk's level as a player, but I do agree and understand what you are saying also. I just made that comparison because they are to euro 7 footers that are capable of knocking down threes. D-Mo has them pivot post moves, while Dirk shoots that signature postup turnaround fallaway jumper.
Yeah, I get it, its just their playstyles are quite different.
One thing is that I have no idea what D-Mo prime numbers could be. Very interesting for me.

I hope 10/6 is the worst case scenario. With the best being around 17-9 maybe, I dunno.

ArbitraryWater
12-13-2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.sportas.info/images/news/ov_ov_lt_fin_009.jpg

This Man was incredibly handsome when he rocked this haircut :eek: :applause:

YouGotServed
12-13-2014, 10:53 PM
He's too weak a rebounder to be an all star. I like his post game though.

MiseryCityTexas
12-13-2014, 11:29 PM
This guy is like a much better white version of Maurice Taylor that's capable of knocking down threes. I remember Taylor had a solid post game, could knock down the jumper, and couldn't rebound for shit either.

CeltsGarlic
12-14-2014, 12:39 PM
TBH one of my dreams was that this thread would be bumped by someone not me..

Feels good.

SpanishACB
12-14-2014, 12:59 PM
TBH one of my dreams was that this thread would be bumped by someone not me..

Feels good.

tell us all about using alt accounts to accomplish dreams

CeltsGarlic
12-14-2014, 01:03 PM
tell us all about using alt accounts to accomplish dreams

You are mistaking me, Sir, for someone I am not.

CeltsGarlic
02-04-2015, 07:46 AM
So yeah, DMo is nice right now.
Over last 5
17 and 7 on 57 / 55 / 66

In 2015 he averages about 14 and 7 which is also good considering hes playing on 3rd team in the west with ball dominant players.

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Over last 5
17 and 7 on 57 / 55 / 66

In 2015 he averages about 14 and 7 which is also good considering hes playing on 3rd team in the west with ball dominant players.

He doesn't play with ball dominant players.

Practice?
02-04-2015, 01:57 PM
He doesn't play with ball dominant players.

Yeah, he plays with 1 ball dominant player.

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Yeah, he plays with 1 ball dominant player.

He's injured and hasn't played all year.

Practice?
02-04-2015, 01:59 PM
He's injured and hasn't played all year.

Assuming you are talking about Dwight, he is not ball dominant. Harden is however.

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Assuming you are talking about Dwight, he is not ball dominant. Harden is however.

Cool argument, will read again.

CeltsGarlic
02-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Well not really ball dominant, but guys like Ariza or Bev (almost all,except harden, paps, brewer) who often make bad and slow decisions, so the ball stucks. They cant make a pass into the post for shit too.

Dengness9
02-04-2015, 04:37 PM
With Dwight out, should be a good test tonight for Motie, up against the Bulls elite big man rotation.

Butler limited Harden big time last game but the key for the Bulls might be stopping Motie from getting his points.

GOBB
02-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Over last 5
17 and 7 on 57 / 55 / 66

What's up with his defense? Given that he is 7'0

Sakkreth
02-04-2015, 05:04 PM
What's up with his defense? Given that he is 7'0

Yeah it's great isn't it, one of top defenders in the league according to statistics.

GOBB
02-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Yeah it's great isn't it, one of top defenders in the league according to statistics.

What stats?

SugarHill
02-04-2015, 05:09 PM
He's one of the most well rounded bigs in the league

ProfessorMurder
02-04-2015, 05:11 PM
I've asked Rockets fans why he wasn't playing for 2 years and they all said he sucked... Now they all love him.

:durantunimpressed:

GOBB
02-04-2015, 06:43 PM
I've asked Rockets fans why he wasn't playing for 2 years and they all said he sucked... Now they all love him.

Posters always say stuff like this. Lump all Rockets fans in one bunch.

ProfessorMurder
02-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Posters always say stuff like this. Lump all Rockets fans in one bunch.
Every time I asked on directly they said he sucked. It's not my fault every one I've talked to said that. They liked Tariq Black more than him and he was waived.

noob cake
02-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Every time I asked on directly they said he sucked. It's not my fault every one I've talked to said that. They liked Tariq Black more than him and he was waived.

Motiejunas did suck.

Motiejunas still sucks at all aspect of the game not called posting up.

I like him as a player. His post move might be the best in the league, but he is not a god damned all-star level player.

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 07:37 PM

Because players can't improve over the course of 2 years.

1/10

KNOW1EDGE
02-04-2015, 07:40 PM
D-Mo been playing well.

I don't see him ever being an all-star, or even a starter on a championship caliber team, but I can see him being a very good big man coming off the bench on a great team.

SexSymbol
02-04-2015, 07:41 PM
He has the tools to be a solid 20+ ppg scorer with at least average defense.

ProfessorMurder
02-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Because players can't improve over the course of 2 years.

1/10

Because he had no flashes of potential? Because they were competing for titles? C'mon son.

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Because he had no flashes of potential? Because they were competing for titles? C'mon son.

What does this mean?

Milbuck
02-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Dude has visibly developed into the best player in the league.

ProfessorMurder
02-04-2015, 07:57 PM
What does this mean?

He showed potential when I saw him in limited minutes, and most of you guys acted like he sucked. He made the team and stuck with them for a reason.

The franchise wasn't competing the entire time he was on the team, so he should've played more. It's not like they're winning anything.

Now he gets minutes years later and everyone is pulling a 180.

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 07:58 PM
He showed potential when I saw him in limited minutes, and most of you guys acted like he sucked. He made the team and stuck with them for a reason.

The franchise wasn't competing the entire time he was on the team, so he should've played more. It's not like they're winning anything.

4/10

Chadwin
02-05-2015, 02:44 PM
He's shooting 56% on post ups.

GOATiejunas

dgaras
02-05-2015, 03:34 PM
D-Mo been playing well.

I don't see him ever being an all-star, or even a starter on a championship caliber team, but I can see him being a very good big man coming off the bench on a great team.

good thing you aint a gm

Xsatyr
02-05-2015, 05:27 PM

He was a horrible defender with an inconsistent post game and couldn't rebound. He was too weak and would get pushed around while making his moves and would take off balance shots. At the beginning of this season he looked virtually the same as his rookie season, showing little to no progression. He would commit the same dumb fouls and would get benched. Then out of nowhere he started playing much better position defense and converting on his shots. He always showed flashes but the negatives were outweighing the positives for quite some time.

Fallen Angel
08-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Always believed in him.