illmaticone
07-18-2012, 04:02 PM
If LA ends up getting Dwight and their roster looks something like this:

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Goudeluck
MWP/Ebanks
Gasol/Jamison
Howard/Hill

Do you think this team can beat the Miami Heat in the Finals, or OKC in the WCF?

Nash
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
As long as Lebron James at 27 years old is a part of a super team, then no.

NOHCP3
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Call me crazy but I think OKC might beat that team in 7...which would benefit the Heat

illmaticone
07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Call me crazy but I think OKC might beat that team in 7...which would benefit the Heat

Yeah, I'd actually be more worried about OKC is I was LA. They just match up better. I think LA would be able to beat the Heat in 5/6 if they ended up getting tot he finals though.

lilblasta
07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Miami bench and shooters still get it done. Starting 5 vs starting 5 is fairly even, possibly slight advantage lakers. If MWP can go in a time machine and be Ron Artest of 3 years ago they might have a chance if he can play lock-down D. Heat bench is much better and they have some excellent shooters. If the Heat shooters get hot its over.

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
The Laker's starting unit is slightly better, but Miami's bench will be too much for the Lakers if they are making their shots like they did against OKC. Nash, Kobe, and Howard can't play 48 minutes a game.

NOHCP3
07-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I'd actually be more worried about OKC is I was LA. They just match up better. I think LA would be able to beat the Heat in 5/6 if they ended up getting tot he finals though.

Yeah the areas where the Lakers need to be strong to beat the Thunder are defensively lacking...possibly LA in 6 or 7 but like another poster said miami's bench is now improved so it would be a toss up

NASH = BEST
07-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I think Miami will have a Finals hangover and may just have gotten a bit fat off of their win.

It's hard to go "Back to Back" </Magicvoice> and the Lakers would be the hungrier team IMO

OKC posses a greater threat

But if it's LA v Miami I'd take LA in 6!

Quickening
07-18-2012, 05:12 PM
The difference would be..... Miami man (Lebron) makes his team mates better... Kobe hero chucking/ego and poor defence would cost LA.

Story Up
07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Heat are so ****ing overrated. LA would obliterate the Heat in 5. Lmfao
LA literally has 4 positions on Miami, and got Jamison/Hill off bench which isn't much worse then Miami's bench.

LA has way more size and a much better PG; plus the Gasol/Kobe duo. La would smoke both OKC and heat if they get Dwight.

Story Up
07-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Dwight & Gasol >>> Anthony and Bosh
Peace <<<<< James
Nash & Bryant >>> Wade and Chalmers

LA can still do a SnT to get Rush and will most likely get j-rich if they get Dwight. If they also re-sign Hill, their bench becomes pretty decent.

Jamison, Richardson, Hill, Rush, Blake, Giudelock and Ebanks isn't that much worse then Allen, Lewis, Haslem, Cole etc.

Miami still would have a better bench but LA has more star power and are far more balanced. Again, if Harden wasn't as dreadful as ge was against Heat, OKC could gave won that series. It was a 5 game series bc OKC were too young for that stage.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 05:20 PM
I see this possibly going to 6 games at most. LeBron will be too much for the Heat, and if a healthy Wade can enter the Finals, then I'd be scared for LA fans.

Story Up
07-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I see this possibly going to 6 games at most. LeBron will be too much for the Heat, and if a healthy Wade can enter the Finals, then I'd be scared for LA fans.
Lmfao, Miami are prolly the weakest champions in recent memory. They font gel that well and are coyotes in half court.

Again, I hope Dwight goes to KA, you dolts are in for a ruse awakening. Miami ****ing faced Boston, Indiana and NY: the easiest road to finals like ever, and still nearly lost to celts.

Even against OKC every game besides the quit game was very close and thunder's execution late in games was disgraceful. Miami didn't impress me at all last year, I do not fear a team who can't score in hc sets. Great defense and good shooters with best player in the world, but they lack size and ball movement in half court sets. LA would seriously annihilate them, max 6 games.

AlonzoGOAT
07-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Dwight & Gasol >>> Anthony and Bosh
Peace <<<<< James
Nash & Bryant >>> Wade and Chalmers

LA can still do a SnT to get Rush and will most likely get j-rich if they get Dwight. If they also re-sign Hill, their bench becomes pretty decent.

Jamison, Richardson, Hill, Rush, Blake, Giudelock and Ebanks isn't that much worse then Allen, Lewis, Haslem, Cole etc.

Miami still would have a better bench but LA has more star power and are far more balanced. Again, if Harden wasn't as dreadful as ge was against Heat, OKC could gave won that series. It was a 5 game series bc OKC were too young for that stage.

The heat would still have the best player on the court plus heats big 3 < nash gasol

Droid101
07-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Um, the Lakers could have beaten the Heat last season if they didn't have to go through the bad matchup that were the Thunder.

Improved bench, improved weakest position (PG) AND land the best defensive big man in the league?

trololol

AK47DR91
07-18-2012, 05:38 PM
I think Miami will have a Finals hangover and may just have gotten a bit fat off of their win.

It's hard to go "Back to Back" </Magicvoice> and the Lakers would be the hungrier team IMO

OKC posses a greater threat

But if it's LA v Miami I'd take LA in 6!
I don't know if that fits the Miami Heat's M.O. like it was for the Mavs. The Heat set themselves up to build a dynasty so they should be just as hungry as they were last year.

Celtic_Pride
07-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Lakers with Dwight can easily beat Miami in a series. OKC doesn't know how to play defense against Lebron and they had a fool running the point for them in finals!

But I still think Thunder are a bad matchup for the Lakers. Perkins and Thabo will help OKC for single coverage on Dwight and Kobe and they are not bad in defending the pick n roll as they had shown in the Spurs series for Nash to make a difference!

Bigsmoke
07-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Um, the Lakers could have beaten the Heat last season if they didn't have to go through the bad matchup that were the Thunder.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

The Heat are basically a smarter and more talented version of the Thunder.

Droid101
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

The Heat are basically a smarter and more talented version of the Thunder.
Except without the lightning fast point guard (a weakness of the Lakers) or the three really good low post defenders (the only way to contain the Laker bigs).

Otherwise, yeah, you're totally accurate.

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
It's funny how people go from the Heat are the "most stacked team in the league" to "they'll easily lose in 5."

takai
07-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Lakers would obliterate the Thunder. With Miami, I would say LA in 6.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 06:40 PM
:roll: People are so damn quick to underrate the ****ing CHAMPIONS. Like really? :facepalm A healthy Wade and Bosh, and Miami wins it all again. Especially with a great bench that we have now.

Bigsmoke
07-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Except without the lightning fast point guard (a weakness of the Lakers) or the three really good low post defenders (the only way to contain the Laker bigs).

serge ibaka is a really good post defender now?

Haslum, Anthony, and Bosh "nowadays" post defense isn't bad.

Arent the Heat 3-1 against the Lakers since the Big 3 era with that ONE lost was when Bosh wasnt playing? :rolleyes:

Bigsmoke
07-18-2012, 06:42 PM
:roll: People are so damn quick to underrate the ****ing CHAMPIONS. Like really? :facepalm A healthy Wade and Bosh, and Miami wins it all again. Especially with a great bench that we have now.

Artest is meh now

but everbody else on that Lakers lines are All Stars.

Dwight
Gasol
Jamison
Kobe
Nash

thats a lot of offense

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Artest is meh now

but everbody else on that Lakers lines are All Stars.

Dwight
Gasol
Jamison
Kobe
Nash

thats a lot of offense

The Lakers would be tough, but I think a lot of people here who just write off the Heat in 5 like they are nothing are quite ridiculous.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Only legit offensive player on the Lakers that you know will always give you something is Kobe. Gasol, Nash, Jamison, and Dwight are not that consistent to be known as "offensive" threats. :no:

Droid101
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Gasol, Nash, Jamison, and Dwight are not that consistent to be known as "offensive" threats. :no:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rysio
07-18-2012, 06:59 PM
heats only advantage would be lebrick at sf. la in 4

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 07:00 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:facepalm Oh yeah, because Nash always gets you a lot of good offense?

LoneyROY7
07-18-2012, 07:05 PM
:facepalm Oh yeah, because Nash always gets you a lot of good offense?

Huh? You know ppg doesn't solely constitute a player's contributions on offense, right?

Nash RUNS the offense.

Just b/c he doesn't score as much, that doesn't mean he's inconsistent on offense. He's the one setting others up to score. And with Nash's shooting, he's always an offensive threat.

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Only legit offensive player on the Lakers that you know will always give you something is Kobe. Gasol, Nash, Jamison, and Dwight are not that consistent to be known as "offensive" threats. :no:

I would say Nash is, but I agree with you on Gasol, Jamison, and Howard.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-18-2012, 07:12 PM
neither were a lot of the clowns that came up big for the heat in the finals.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 07:15 PM

Battier was always a great 3 point shooter, so was Miller. Chalmers has had big games as well.

WeGetRing2012
07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
A team of Gasol/Artest/Nash/Dwight/KOBE isnt loosing to anyone...

And our toughest competition will be the Thunder but if they played like did vs the Heat the Lakers will sweep them too...

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 07:16 PM

Why are they clowns?

Miller and Battier have always been 3 point threats. Chalmers has also had big games. What are you talking about?

WeGetRing2012
07-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Lmfao, Miami are prolly the weakest champions in recent memory. They font gel that well and are coyotes in half court.

Again, I hope Dwight goes to KA, you dolts are in for a ruse awakening. Miami ****ing faced Boston, Indiana and NY: the easiest road to finals like ever, and still nearly lost to celts.

Even against OKC every game besides the quit game was very close and thunder's execution late in games was disgraceful. Miami didn't impress me at all last year, I do not fear a team who can't score in hc sets. Great defense and good shooters with best player in the world, but they lack size and ball movement in half court sets. LA would seriously annihilate them, max 6 games.

Preach...It wouldn't even go 6....

DirtySanchez
07-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Lakers in 3!!!

G-Funk
07-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Lakers will smoke them in 5.

All Net
07-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Miami would still be favourites as they deserve that right and they have the chemistry. Our age would be a concern in terms of the recent injures...depth would be an issue and so would Miami's shooters

Miami would still have the best player on the floor. The advantage at PF, bench and coaching. I like L.A's chances but it would require Kobe outplaying Wade for certain. Addition of Jamison would certainly help. HCA could be a difference maker. Guess it depends if Miami can stretch the floor and drag out our bigs. If we can get the ball deep we would have a great shot

Having 4 stars come together takes time...so chemistry could be an issue. I'm not convinced Dwight comes though so it's all a pipe dream at this point.

G-Funk
07-18-2012, 07:20 PM

:applause:

DFish
07-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Gasol, Nash, Jamison, and Dwight are not that consistent to be known as "offensive" threats.

Battier was always a great 3 point shooter, so was Miller. Chalmers has had big games as well.

You're saying Battier, Miller and Chalmers are bigger offensive threats than Dwight and Nash? :oldlol:

G-Funk
07-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Miami would still be favourites as they deserve that right and they have the chemistry. Our age would be a concern in terms of the recent injures...depth would be an issue and so would Miami's shooters

Miami would still have the best player on the floor. The advantage at PF, bench and coaching. I like L.A's chances but it would require Kobe outplaying Wade for certain. Addition of Jamison would certainly help.

Having 4 stars come together takes time...so chemistry could be an issue. I'm not convinced Dwight comes though so it's all a pipe dream at this point.

Not if the 4 stars mesh well, in this case they do.

Gasol is a go to guy in the post

Dwight always finds a way to get easy points by put backs lobs and entry passes.

Nash is a passer, will be running pick n roll with Gasol & Dwight. and Kobe is the go to guy every team needs.

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Miami would still have the best player on the floor. The advantage at PF, bench and coaching. I like L.A's chances but it would require Kobe outplaying Wade for certain. Addition of Jamison would certainly help. HCA could be a difference maker. Guess it depends if Miami can stretch the floor and drag out our bigs. If we can get the ball deep we would have a great shot

Best post here.

G-Funk
07-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Lakers would be a more well around team and they beat a better team in Celtics with Gasol & Odom. The Heat still have many holes to patch, Nash & Dwight will rape Chalmers and Anthony a new asshole.

All Net
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Not if the 4 stars mesh well, in this case they do.

Gasol is a go to guy in the post

Dwight always finds a way to get easy points by put backs lobs and entry passes.

Nash is a passer, will be running pick n roll with Gasol & Dwight. and Kobe is the go to guy every team needs.

We don't know that for sure, it's impossible to say it all would click. Mainly when you factor in shots.

Dwight would hurt Miami more defensively than he would offensively to be honest.

TMT
07-18-2012, 07:34 PM
This Finals matchup would be a wet dream for any true NBA fan, and I despise both teams. :lol

G-Funk
07-18-2012, 07:34 PM
We don't know that for sure, it's impossible to say it all would click. Mainly when you factor in shots.

Dwight would hurt Miami more defensively than he would offensively to be honest.

I do think they will have less problem clicking, It's a lot easier for a team of a PG, PF, PG & SG who play their natural positions to perfection, than 1 high post PF & 2 perimeter players who basically play the same style to click.

As you 2nd point I agree, what I was trying to point out is that, with Dwight on the team Gasol becomes more of a focal point down low. With Bynum & Gasol both players need the ball to do be affective.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 07:39 PM
This is just like Knicks fans all over again. Disrespecting Miami and saying their team will be able to beat this guys with no problem. :roll: Come on now. When has a championship team been disregarded this badly? :facepalm

alenleomessi
07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
No one is stopping Lebron from winning 6 in a row

All Net
I do think they will have less problem clicking, It's a lot easier for a team of a PG, PF, PG & SG who play their natural positions to perfection, than 1 high post PF & 2 perimeter players who basically play the same style to click.

As you 2nd point I agree, what I was trying to point out is that, with Dwight on the team Gasol becomes more of a focal point down low. With Bynum & Gasol both players need the ball to do be affective.

I agree they should take less time to settle in than say the Miami big 3 did due to style of play but building that chemistry wouldn't be easy. I'm not trying to say negative here but with more less expections is better. I don't have much hope we pull this off so if it doesn't happen I won't be too dissapointed. I fully expect to roll with Drew by the season opener but lets if there is progess.

I LUV KOBE
Not even close, LA in 3

rawimpact
07-18-2012, 07:51 PM
This is just like Knicks fans all over again. Disrespecting Miami and saying their team will be able to beat this guys with no problem. :roll: Come on now. When has a championship team been disregarded this badly? :facepalm

last years mavs?

RazorBaLade
07-18-2012, 07:53 PM
gonna be close, fun series. Cant wait.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 07:54 PM
last years mavs?

Lmao okay yeah. Let's go ahead and say that everbody played perfectly that series and the Mavs were just a better team. Uhuh.... :rolleyes:

WeGetRing2012
07-18-2012, 07:59 PM

Dude you guys just won A (as in ONE) ring. We are talking about the LAKERS we bath in rings don't compare the two.....

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Dude you guys just won A (as in ONE) ring. We are talking about the LAKERS we bath in rings don't compare the two.....

:roll: Yeah, because Miami has had a legit contending team for only what, 3 or 4 years? :oldlol:

Lakers joined NBA in 1948.

Heat joined NBA in 1988.

And I'm pretty sure the Heat never had 5 of the top 10 greatest players ever playing on their teams...

RRR3
07-18-2012, 08:07 PM

Chalmers is a "lightning fast PG" when Nash is defending him :roll: :roll: :roll:

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Is this guy serious?

How about you go through a 15 win season, multiple first round exits, greats teams choking in the playoffs, and so on?

Is he really comparing the Lakers to an expansion team?

They say we have a fan base full of bandwagon fans, but holy crap.

Not everybody can be the Yankees or Lakers.

WeGetRing2012
07-18-2012, 08:12 PM
:roll: Yeah, because Miami has had a legit contending team for only what, 3 or 4 years? :oldlol:

Lakers joined NBA in 1948.

Heat joined NBA in 1988.

And I'm pretty sure the Heat never had 5 of the top 10 greatest players ever playing on their teams...

Exactly and that's my point don't act like you guys are some elite team/unbeatable team... The only rings you guys have are because of disgruntled stars (Shaq & Lebron) leaving their teams and wanting to play in South Beach. The Lakers with a starting line up of 5 all stars and 3 guaranteed HOFers will not loose to the Heat.

WeGetRing2012
07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Is this guy serious?

How about you go through a 15 win season, multiple first round exits, greats teams choking in the playoffs, and so on?

Is he really comparing the Lakers to an expansion team?

They say we have a fan base full of bandwagon fans, but holy crap.

Not everybody can be the Yankees or Lakers.

The Lakers avoid all of that crap because we are a great franchise with a good FO. There have been many times when we should have been done (90's,after Magic HIV,after Shaq,even now) but we always bounced back stronger than ever...

RazorBaLade
07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Exactly and that's my point don't act like you guys are some elite team/unbeatable... The only rings you guys have are because of disgruntled stars (Shaq & Lebron) leaving their teams and wanting to play in South Beach. The Lakers with a starting line up of 5 all stars and 3 guaranteed HOFers will not loose to the Heat.

never know.

Unfortunately kobe wouldnt be the best player on the floor and thats a disadvantage no matter what. IF he can be the best player on the floor in 4th quarters, which is possible, then yes the lakers will destroy them. 4-1. But It can be a 6 or 7 game series very easily.

RRR3
07-18-2012, 08:15 PM
never know.

Unfortunately kobe wouldnt be the best player on the floor and thats a disadvantage no matter what. IF he can be the best player on the floor in 4th quarters, which is possible, then yes the lakers will destroy them. 4-1. But It can be a 6 or 7 game series very easily.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:facepalm

RazorBaLade
07-18-2012, 08:16 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:facepalm

Lebron didn't even outproduce wade in the 4th did he?

RRR3
07-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Lebron didn't even outproduce wade in the 4th did he?
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 08:17 PM
The Lakers avoid all of that crap because we are a great franchise with a good FO. There have been many times when we should have been done (90's,after Magic HIV,after Shaq,even now) but we always bounced back stronger than ever...

We're not unbeatable, but we're not going to be swept in the Finals by the Lakers or beaten in 5.

The past has nothing to do with now. There's other teams outside of LA. Not everybody can be the Lakers, Steelers, and Yankees.

You're seriously comparing a historic franchise to an expansion team.

RazorBaLade
07-18-2012, 08:17 PM
RRR3 lookin like :mad:

WeGetRing2012
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
never know.

I'm very confident the Lakers will wipe the floor with the Heat if we get Dwight and fill out our bench. This past year Kobe had to focus on more than just scoring and that made him look bad at times. But Kobe is still the best scorer in the league and if he is able to be the best scorer on the floor I love our chances. Give me Kobe's scoring ability over Lebron's passing,rebounding,etc any day because we all know Lebron isn't half the scorer Kobe is...

Nelson14
07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
hopefully

RRR3
07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
RRR3 lookin like :mad:
Only people mad here are you Kobe Kidz.

http://i.minus.com/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Doctor Rivers
07-18-2012, 08:30 PM

http://gifsoup.com/view/1007436/i-aint-even-mad-o.gif

flipogb
07-18-2012, 08:32 PM

Improved bench, improved weakest position (PG) AND land the best defensive big man in the league?

trololol

dont know about beating them, but Lakers would have put up a better fight than OKC im 100% sure of that

clayton
07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Compare to OKC first before you compare to mighty Heat.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2012, 08:39 PM

Thank you! LA will have to get through OKC first before even thinking about a possible match up with Miami.

qrich
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Series would be a lot closer than some people are trying to make it out to be as there are a ton of x-factors and variables. The biggest one, to me, would be how wiling Kobe is to let the offense run through Pau and Dwight as that is Miami's biggest weakness. While Haslem, Anthony and Bosh are no Nick Fazekas on D, they aren't quite elite either and, a smart team, would continueto pound the paint. Nash would be able to get Howard and Pau so many cake looks to boot.

Next is can the Lakers adapt to a small ball, 3 point chucking line-up which Miami is sure to run in spurts. If Allen and Shard are hot, throw them in with the Big Three and that is a ton of offense to stop. Finally, can Miami score in the half court for the tmes the Lakers do end up controlling the tempo besides Isoing all the time since Artest and Dwight are both good to great man and help defenders.

By the way, who the hell is the Lakers 5th All-Star? Artest? Please, Ebanks would have the same odds of making the ASG as Artest

G-Funk
07-18-2012, 09:40 PM

:kobe:
With Dwight, no comparison would be needed.

G-Funk
07-18-2012, 09:42 PM

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Media+Day+jcIXX6K5K hrl.jpg

Zedja
07-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Lakers still lose.

Hank
07-18-2012, 10:17 PM
The difference would be..... Miami man (Lebron) makes his team mates better... Kobe hero chucking/ego and poor defence would cost LA.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gifhttp://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gif

Dictator
07-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Lakers rape. The only person who does remotely good is either Lebron or Ray allen.

Final Score: 112-85

TheeBeast
07-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Lakers rape. The only person who does remotely good is either Lebron or Ray allen.

Final Score: 112-85

Wasn't that the score the last Lakers played the Heat? :roll:

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Wasn't that the score the last Lakers played the Heat? :roll:

I recall Bosh not playing and a 3-1 record against the Lakers in the Big 3 era.

TheeBeast
07-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I recall Bosh not playing and a 3-1 record against the Lakers in the Big 3 era.

Yeah and didn't we beat the Cavs like once in Lebron James' time there?

amfirst
07-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Who knows Heats have some really good shooters. Lakers will have to play LeBron straight up with no guard help defense. It would be up to Metta and if we can get Dwight as a shade defender..

Lakers will have to stick to the three point shooters. I thought OKC was dumb for doubling him because they got punished worst letting the three point shooters go off. Then just let LeBron get his and waste to energy and stay home with everyone else. I think u have a better chance this way.

DaSeba5
07-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah and didn't we beat the Cavs like once in Lebron James' time there?

What I mean is that people act like the Lakers will completely dominate the Heat with their size even though they haven't. Howard's defense scares me, but not necessarily his offense.

amfirst
07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
What I mean is that people act like the Lakers will completely dominate the Heat with their size even though they haven't. Howard's defense scares me, but not necessarily his offense.

I think they might be able to utilize their size better with Nash running the point. Before it was past it in the post and the bigs had to create their own shot. The pick n roll would really help them maximize the size advantage, it's harder to predict what they would do on offense.

I<3NBA
07-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Lmfao, Miami are prolly the weakest champions in recent memory.
so which is it? weakest champions or most stacked team in NBA history? the haters don't know which way to turn :lol

clayton
07-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Won't even pass OKC. Westdick and Dickrant shit on Lakers again next year.

KingBeasley08
07-18-2012, 11:51 PM
miami probably wins in 4 or 5. play small ball. gasol gonna be out in the perimeter (or leavin battier wide open) and legawd will do the rest

Swaggin916
07-19-2012, 12:01 AM
miami probably wins in 4 or 5. play small ball. gasol gonna be out in the perimeter (or leavin battier wide open) and legawd will do the rest

Yea because that's not a mismatch at the other end whatsoever.

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Yea because that's not a mismatch at the other end whatsoever.
:oldlol: :applause:

chazzy
07-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Unlike OKC, LA would actually have low post options

The Iron Fist
07-19-2012, 12:48 AM
allegedly making teammates better, has resulted in a 1-2 finals record.

Allegedly hero chucking/ego and poor defense costed LA a 5-2 finals record.

Kiddlovesnets
07-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Dwight aint interested in playing LA, he may as well have another back surgery by the time playoffs begin to screw the Lakers over.
:lol

jjayfive
07-19-2012, 01:20 AM
depends on the lakers bench.. but the lakers with howard will have the best starting five (4 potential all-stars)... howard will be the biggest miss match against the heat because they do not have low post defense or offense... see garnett not guarding the heat bigs.. before anyone say no bosh, gasol is still a pretty good player... lebron will still be the best player on the floor..

lakers in 6 .. probably a tougher time with okc because of match ups..

Quickening
07-19-2012, 05:17 AM

Lakers are a great franchise, they have won inspite of Kobe... 6 for 24 game 7 of the finals, and Lakers still win.

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 05:19 AM
Lakers are a great franchise, they have won inspite of Kobe... 6 for 24 game 7 of the finals, and Lakers still win.

Never thought he'd choke like that. Still surprises me.

He got himself together for the 4th quarter which was interesting (big plays, shot to take the lead, 10 pts in the 4th which was big considering low scoring game) but man.. To be a 4 time NBA champion and come out that nervous? Its shocking.

Bigsmoke
07-19-2012, 08:39 AM
i dont now who would win actually,

I'll tell you this.

-Nash and Kobe will wear down because of old age when playing heavy minutes
-Gasol is soft
-Ray Allen gonna get hot from three
-LBJ IS DAT *****
-The Lakers and their fans are a bunch of ****

Ketchup
07-19-2012, 08:45 AM

Lebron was a favorite to win the series once in those three finals. So he performed to expectation. Hasn't Kobe been the favorite every time according to Las Vegas odds?

PJR
07-19-2012, 08:54 AM

http://www.behindthebasket.com/storage/post-images/SOneal%20KBryant.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13 07045295662

TheMan
07-19-2012, 11:40 AM
gotta go with the team with dominant bigs, Lakers

KingBeasley08
07-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Legawd would be too good for LA

Jef
07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
the trade for Dwight obviously improves the lakers, but why are people discussing this like it's the same kind of jump the Heat made when they got Lbj and Bosh?

a) Dwight HOward is a one man wrecking crew on defense - will give you that

b) this will fully re-energize Kobe (as if he really needed it, but still)

BUT

-what is going to happen in the last 2 minutes? say the Lakers have been flowing offensively against miami/okc and it's a close game - you know Kobe is stil ltelling everyone to get out of the way.

-people in this thread have discussed gasol as a "go-to low post guy" - :biggums: yeah, maybe a few years ago. Lakers fans now tout him as the go to guy in the post even though a few weeks ago they would have sold their soul to get him off the team due to his whack playoff showing.

-dwight downgrades their lowpost scoring options. yes he is improving, but Bynum's post game and footwork was underrated i thought.

-what if OKC takes the same step forward they have the past 2 years? what if Westbrook becomes even 5% more efficient?

-nash is an obvious upgrade, but guess who he cant guard? ALMOST EVERYONE HE WILL NEED TO GUARD ONCE IT GETS TOUGH IN THE PLAYOFFS. westbrook? no. parker? no. cp3? no. again, he makes them better. but this is only considered such a big addition because of how horrible the lakers have been at PG recently. i love nash and i know he is still a very good player, but holy shit. come on now.

the Lakers making this trade puts them just below the Miami/OKC discussion, but nothing more. to say that it vaults them over either team is typical Laker BS. ESPN will want you to believe it, of course, as they scramble to schedule as many primetime games as possible.

but it's just not the case. Lakers will be improved with Dwight, yes - but they will still not even be favorites in the west even if 12 out of 14 ESPN "analysts" pick them to start next year.

if the trade happens, lakers still arent in top contending tier.

tier 1 - favorites:
1. miami
2. okc

tier 2 - one step down
3. lakers
4. clippers
5. sas
6. HEALTHY memphis

tier 3 - pretenders
7. boston
8. brooklyn
9. new york
10. chicago (brighter future, obviously, than some of the teams listed above them here)

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
the trade for Dwight obviously improves the lakers, but why are people discussing this like it's the same kind of jump the Heat made when they got Lbj and Bosh?

a) Dwight HOward is a one man wrecking crew on defense - will give you that

b) this will fully re-energize Kobe (as if he really needed it, but still)

BUT

-what is going to happen in the last 2 minutes? say the Lakers have been flowing offensively against miami/okc and it's a close game - you know Kobe is stil ltelling everyone to get out of the way.

-people in this thread have discussed gasol as a "go-to low post guy" - :biggums: yeah, maybe a few years ago. Lakers fans now tout him as the go to guy in the post even though a few weeks ago they would have sold their soul to get him off the team due to his whack playoff showing.

-dwight downgrades their lowpost scoring options. yes he is improving, but Bynum's post game and footwork was underrated i thought.

-what if OKC takes the same step forward they have the past 2 years? what if Westbrook becomes even 5% more efficient?

-nash is an obvious upgrade, but guess who he cant guard? ALMOST EVERYONE HE WILL NEED TO GUARD ONCE IT GETS TOUGH IN THE PLAYOFFS. westbrook? no. parker? no. cp3? no. again, he makes them better. but this is only considered such a big addition because of how horrible the lakers have been at PG recently. i love nash and i know he is still a very good player, but holy shit. come on now.

the Lakers making this trade puts them just below the Miami/OKC discussion, but nothing more. to say that it vaults them over either team is typical Laker BS. ESPN will want you to believe it, of course, as they scramble to schedule as many primetime games as possible.

but it's just not the case. Lakers will be improved with Dwight, yes - but they will still not even be favorites in the west even if 12 out of 14 ESPN "analysts" pick them to start next year.

if the trade happens, lakers still arent in top contending tier.

tier 1 - favorites:
1. miami
2. okc

tier 2 - one step down
3. lakers
4. clippers
5. sas
6. HEALTHY memphis

tier 3 - pretenders
7. boston
8. brooklyn
9. new york
10. chicago (brighter future, obviously, than some of the teams listed above them here)

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

You guys are already scared and the deal isn't even done yet :lol

Kobe/Nash/Artest/Gasol/Dwight isnt loosing to anyone...

TheNaturalWR
07-19-2012, 01:09 PM
If I'm Spoelstra I bench Mario and start Ray. Move Wade to the point and make Nash play defense and then proceed to abuse the **** out of him.

KingBeasley08
07-19-2012, 01:11 PM
BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

You guys are already scared and the deal isn't even done yet :lol

Kobe/Nash/Artest/Gasol/Dwight isnt loosing to anyone...
Except Miami... U mad :lol

Lebron23
04-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Lakers vs. Heat is like Frieza vs. Trunks. Heat in 4.

livinglegend
07-06-2013, 01:56 AM
lololol :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

funnystuff
07-06-2013, 02:07 AM
:lol

Trollsmasher
07-06-2013, 02:08 AM

trololol
TROLOLOL:roll: