PDA

View Full Version : howard ready to sign w lakers

Pages : [1] 2

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sources: Dwight Howard is ready to join Lakers. If traded to Los Angeles Howard will re-sign long-term with team after 2012-13 season.

PejaNowitzki
07-19-2012, 02:02 AM
How legit is this m'fer?

Jacks3
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

RazorBaLade
How legit is this m'fer?

realgm writer located in orl.. RT'd by eric pincus who is rather legit

WockaVodka
How legit is this m'fer?
I believe he was the same guy that said that Howard would opt-in with the Magic in the trade deadline last season.

DTreats
07-19-2012, 02:03 AM
:bowdown:

EnoughSaid
07-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Bring it on. Will welcome the challenge as a Heat fan. :cheers:

DirkNowitzki41
07-19-2012, 02:04 AM

PejaNowitzki
Well the other problem I see now is that Bynum won't give Orlando the same guarantee, that has been the hold up the way I understand it, Lakers were fine with taking Howard with no guarantee, Orlando wants to make sure that they don't trade Howard only to see Bynum walk and end up just as ****ed.

SyRyanYang
For real?

JaE_BLiZZy
07-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Yall think the Lakers can get past OKC with DWight?

DirtySanchez
07-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Lol oh it's on buddy!!!

Dictator
07-19-2012, 02:08 AM
:coleman: Fck Howard. Keep Bynum.

gtfomyface
07-19-2012, 02:09 AM
just hope a trade can be done

adding nash guarantees great offense
adding dwight would guarantee great defense

Celtic_Pride
Damn

OKC still remains a bigger challenge though.

Zackmorris
It's about to end! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Wait a minute...

Lakers get another star :mad:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-19-2012, 02:14 AM
This is the same guy who broke Howard optin story

He is Howard's mouth piece

kennethgriffin
07-19-2012, 02:20 AM
its over... howard is 10X the defender bynum is

actually gets involved in time outs and play calling

lakers officially have the greatest starting linup ever assembled

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 02:24 AM
sounds like LA has convinced him he's a major part of the team and its future. that said, not trusting anything until another source confirms. i've been on this dwightmare train long enough to know that...

remember orlando still has to sign off on this

KOBEtherealKing
07-19-2012, 02:26 AM
get it done Mitch :D let this nonsense be over.

CelticBaller
07-19-2012, 02:26 AM
its over

SYM86
07-19-2012, 02:27 AM

GTFO. if not short season I don't see the Heats can even make it to the finals

fpliii
07-19-2012, 02:28 AM
congrats guys

didn't have a dog in this race but I'm happy to see him going to LA

hope my man Bynum ends up in a good situation

assuming this is legit (I think this guy broke the Dwight opting in story?), do you keep Pau, or try dealing him? if so, do you go straight up for a starter (Josh Smith?), or try to help your depth?

Levity
its over

your avatar goes perfect with your post.

:rockon:

swag2011
Let's go LAKERS! Everyone laughed at us for getting knocked out in the 2nd round 2 years straight. LOL did you think Lakers would stay down for too long? 2 years of mediocre basketball is more than enough for the lakers, we coming for that top spot, where we belong!

Need to do something with that bench but one step at a time.

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Let's go LAKERS! Everyone laughed at us for getting knocked out in the 2nd round 2 years straight. LOL did you think Lakers would stay down for too long? 2 years of mediocre basketball is more than enough for the lakers, we coming for that top spot, where we belong!

Funny thing is that a lot of people don't see a 2nd round exit as down years lmao.

chazzy
07-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Rudolph is pretty much Dwight's mouthpiece so... wow. Finally came to terms with the fact that this is his only option now.

Zedja
07-19-2012, 02:31 AM
I can feel the Lakers are gonna get raped in the trade for Howard.

Heavincent
I won't believe it until it's a 100% done deal.

d.bball.guy
If this is true and he gets traded to LA, :rockon:, it's title or bust. I would kinda feel bad for Bynum because I want him to develop as a Laker.

I LUV KOBE
07-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Another dynasty in the making... :rockon:

chazzy
Probably just giving up Bynum and taking back a bad contract.

EnoughSaid

:roll: Yeah, because the 2010-2011 season doesn't count, right?

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 02:34 AM
It should be an exciting Finals assuming LA is going to win the west.

PickernRoller
07-19-2012, 02:34 AM

Lakers with Bynum and a decent bench would obliterate the Heat regardless....unless the Heat get a decent center or at least a good 5 defender ala Perkins the Lakers are just a bad matchup. You guys should prey it's the Spurs, Dallas, or OKC that meets you guys next year. Lakers will make it 6 at most whether with Bynum or with Dwight.

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 02:35 AM
ya'll just gotta promise to bump sarcastic's posts about 'dwight not going to LA or signing long-term' if it gets to that point. there has to be dozens of posts...i'm too lazy. start preparing, fellas :oldlol:

Zackmorris
07-19-2012, 02:35 AM

When the last time Lakers got raped in a trade?

chazzy
07-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Sources just got MULTIPLIED

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1077068/MSOURCES.jpg

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Sources confirm @JRudolphSports report that Dwight Howard is ready to join Lakers. If traded to LA DH will re-sign long-term with team

d.bball.guy
:biggums:

DirtySanchez
Holy $hit if this happens......

sagr32
I really don't want to get my hopes up but getting Nash & Howard in one offseason would be epic. One of the premier PG to run the offense and the Premier C locking down the paint.

The-Legend-24
Not getting excited until further proof, remember the whole Chris Paul fiasco? :coleman:

RazorBaLade

Sources confirm @JRudolphSports report that Dwight Howard is ready to join Lakers. If traded to LA DH will re-sign long-term with team

looooooooool

DirtySanchez
Kobe in Colorado?

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 02:37 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OG LeeTSkeeT
presumably they get Howard, would it be more of a failure if they lose the first year than the Heat for 1st year? Expectations the same?

StateOfMind12
I think this deal is almost a given that Howard will be a Laker now since LAL has the best offer for Howard.

I still think OKC can and will beat the Lakers in a 7 game series though barring no injuries but I do think this gives LAL a much better chance..

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 02:38 AM
Lakers with Bynum and a decent bench would obliterate the Heat regardless....unless the Heat get a decent center or at least a good 5 defender ala Perkins the Lakers are just a bad matchup. You guys should prey it's the Spurs, Dallas, or OKC that meets you guys next year. Lakers will make it 6 at most whether with Bynum or with Dwight.

Yup we stand no chance.

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 02:40 AM
presumably they get Howard, would it be more of a failure if they lose the first year than the Heat for 1st year? Expectations the same?

less expectations becuase we still need to go up against miami , not the first superteam.

StateOfMind12
07-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Yup we stand no chance.
I personally think that even with the Lakers current roster with Bynum as their Center opposed to Howard could take out the Heat in a 7 game series. I think the challenging part for the Lakers is to get out of the West, not beat an East team because the East have no big men what so ever.

LakersReign
Rudolph is pretty much Dwight's mouthpiece so... wow. Finally came to terms with the fact that this is his only option now.

Yeah, I saw it that way as well. It was either go to the Lakers and try to contend for a title. Go to Brooklyn for another losing season, or stay in Orlando for another losing season.

SacJB Shady
Wow, if the Lakers get Howard then the Heat and Lakers will be rivals. I know Bynum is the next best thing, but Howard is dominant every night as opposed to every once in a while. This would be an insane rivalry between these 2 super teams. OKC will still be good, but better than Miami and LA? I think not.

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 02:42 AM
I personally think that even with the Lakers current roster with Bynum as their Center opposed to Howard that the Lakers could take out the Heat in a 7 game series. I think the challenging part for the Lakers is to get out of the West, not beat an East team because the East have no big men what so ever.

Anything is possible of course. I don't understand why Miami thinks they can go into the season without addressing the center position again. I don't want Bosh starting at the 5 all season.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 02:43 AM

You realize the Lakers WITH Howard are 3 years from being Magic 2.0 aka Howard+scrubs right? Once Kobe and Gasol retire obviously. This Lakers squad is built for a 3 year run right now then a rebuild. All the Lakers are doing is extending the inevitable (which is the right thing to do obviously). Hilarious thing would be if Bynum trolls the Lakers and says he will refuse to sign an extension in Orlando because it's not all that hard to imagine.

YAWN
07-19-2012, 02:44 AM

:roll: :roll:

just saw that on twitter too

Heavincent
You realize the Lakers WITH Howard are 3 years from being Magic 2.0 aka Howard+scrubs right? Once Kobe and Gasol retire obviously. This Lakers squad is built for a 3 year run right now then a rebuild. All the Lakers are doing is extending the inevitable (which is the right thing to do obviously). Hilarious thing would be if Bynum trolls the Lakers and says he will refuse to sign an extension in Orlando because it's not all that hard to imagine.

It's the Lakers. They always figure something out.

chazzy
LOL

WeGetRing2012

Nope. That is until Nash/Kobe/Dwight guarantee 8 rings....

blacknapalm
people keep assuming this is a straight up trade. i still think the cavs rumors had some legs under it. it wouldn't surprise me if they're still involved somehow. they have the draft picks orlando covets. LA simply doesn't.

d.bball.guy
Don't worry, Mitch would get a future star for scrubs + picks. Maybe Kyrie? :lol

DirtySanchez
07-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Health match ups and adjustments during playoff series.

All those r huge factors....mix in a lil but of luck and u got yourself a title

DaSeba5

They are like the Yankees. They are never bad and always make moves. People sign with them because they are the Lakers.

PickernRoller

Howard helps us to get out of the West easier (shotblocker, athletic PnR defender). Bynum suffices for beating the Heat or anyone in the East for that matter but is a hell of gamble against OKC(Perkins) and the Spurs unless he has a monster year resembling Shaq.

d.bball.guy
people keep assuming this is a straight up trade. i still think the cavs rumors had some legs under it. it wouldn't surprise me if they're still involved somehow. they have the draft picks orlando covets. LA simply doesn't.
Yeah, Bynum won't sign with Orlando.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 02:46 AM
LOL

Nash is 38, Kobe will be 34 when season starts and Gasol is 32. Dwight will be your only young, valuable piece. You don't think that requires a rebuild? :oldlol: . Dwight basically keeps the window open 3 extra years but Lakers will definitely be rebuilding in a few years when Kobe+Gasol call it quits.

Zackmorris

In that time Lakers will get John Wall or something for a future 2024 second round pick

brandonislegend

You think if Kobe and Pau retire no one will join the Lakers with Dwight Howard in 3 years?

chazzy
I hope Bynum ends up on the Cavs.

talkingconch
07-19-2012, 02:47 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30988509/lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350.gif

RazorBaLade
Nash is 38, Kobe will be 34 when season starts and Gasol is 32. Dwight will be your only young, valuable piece. You don't think that requires a rebuild? :oldlol: . Dwight basically keeps the window open 3 extra years but Lakers will definitely be rebuilding in a few years when Kobe+Gasol call it quits.

Why does that matter?

d.bball.guy
Kyrie + Bynum should be nasty.

chazzy
Yeah, and they can rebuild with cap space once Pau/Nash/Kobe's contracts are up.. which Orlando hasn't had. Orlando also lacked the management and franchise allure of the Lakers as well.

OG LeeTSkeeT

The rumor trade is that Bynum would be going Cavs so it wouldn't even matter if he wants to sign an extension or not because the Magic wouldn't even be getting him. Only draft picks and dumping contracts.

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 02:48 AM

Dude please. Lakers only really compete with the Celtics and Spurs... the only teams that have really gave us a run for our money. Any other team is just temporary competition....

Tenchi Ryu
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv7qor7ZsX1qee2at.jpg

Clippersfan86
You think if Kobe and Pau retire no one will join the Lakers with Dwight Howard in 3 years?

Dwight is on everybody's shitlist right now and has thrown teammates under the bus multiple times. Doubt people rush to play with him :facepalm .

YAWN

Come on, you know the Lakers don't operate that way. After the 3 year run Nash, Kobe & Gasol will be making mid level exception and vet min type money if they're still even in the league. Then build around Dwight.

swag2011

lol i knew you would be in here soon. Listen, Lakers are NOT the Clippers. They ALWAYS find a way to get back on top. It may take a few years, but Lakers always find a way. I mean c'mon dude, look at history. Out of the last 12 years, Lakers have been in 7 finals, winning 5. Mitch knows what he's doing. Dwight will have a better time convincing free agents to come sign with him in LA, then he did in Orlando. Even if he doesn't, Mitch will find someone.

DaSeba5
Dude please. Lakers only really compete with the Celtics and Spurs... the only teams that have really gave us a run for our money. Any other team is just temporary competition....

:rolleyes:

Rainwound
07-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Wow, if the Lakers get Howard then the Heat and Lakers will be rivals. I know Bynum is the next best thing, but Howard is dominant every night as opposed to every once in a while. This would be an insane rivalry between these 2 super teams. OKC will still be good, but better than Miami and LA? I think not.
OKC matches up well the the Lakers. Thabo will guard Kobe and Perkins will guard Howard so there won't be any glaring mismatches. Durant will continue to shit on MWP and the Lakers will still have to figure out a way to contain Westbrook and Harden, who are both likely to improve. Either way I can see this being a 7 game series.

qrich
In that time Lakers will get John Wall or something for a future 2024 second round pick

I was thinking more along the lines of S&T Blake for Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon.

Clippersfan86
Yeah, and they can rebuild with cap space once Pau/Nash/Kobe's contracts are up.. which Orlando hasn't had. Orlando also lacked the management and franchise allure of the Lakers as well.

Fair enough. Lakers front office is 100 times better and Orlando did have a bunch of shit contracts.

PickernRoller

For sure...shouldn't matter thou. It will take us at most 2 years to rebuild up to championship contender status once those contracts are off the books. The question is, what talent is out there worth the money? Heat has Wade and Bron long-term, OKC has Westbrook and Durant long-term.......there is nothing else worth shit unless a guy from this draft pops up like the next Kobe or Lebron in 3yrs time.

WeGetRing2012

July 18th 2016 Breaking news "Griffin to sign with Lakers...."

Dude please someone will come along to play with Dwight if we get him.

nba_55
Good trade for the Lakers.
Cant wait to see the LAL-Heat finals.

YAWN
07-19-2012, 02:51 AM
me too, i think he'd dominate on that team. Would like to see him put Cleveland back in the playoffs.

takai
07-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Oh LAWD in heaven, let this be true.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx70kix1Hw1r2p4dv.gif

TexasBloodMoney
07-19-2012, 02:52 AM
It's nice that LA buys their championships :applause:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
:roll: lol u mad as fcuk right now cf... When kobe/pau comes off we got 63 millions coming off
& with Howard deal ...Lakers r saying FCUK u NBA... & if u see anything is lakers will keep getting superstars to play for them

Clippersfan86

You guys said Griffin would be on your squad next year too and we all see how that turned out. It's kind of sad that once the Clippers become relevant the Lakers pull off some killer moves and shine once again. I was hoping for 2-3 seasons of Clippers being better and by the time Lakers rebuild there would be two elite teams in LA competing.

Now it looks like Lakers fans will puff their chests out for a few more years :mad: .

dajadeed
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zmmf02.jpg

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 02:53 AM
They Will All Pay For Their Basketball Reasons

d.bball.guy
07-19-2012, 02:53 AM
me too, i think he'd dominate on that team. Would like to see him put Cleveland back in the playoffs.
HEat vs Cavs playoff series :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 02:54 AM

:oldlol: pretty much. LMFAO at Magic not even getting Bynum in return. Lakers are trolling rest of NBA today. I'm seriously laughing still that they got a 17 and 6 player last year to freaking sign for minimum :wtf: .

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 02:54 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/23416294.jpg

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 02:55 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Qu3en06/tumblr_lc3839SXu71qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

Clippersfan86

DaSeba5
What are the Magic getting from this trade? If not Bynum, then who? Is there an organization ran as poorly as the Magic? I guess the Knicks could make that case.

Heavincent
07-19-2012, 02:56 AM
You guys said Griffin would be on your squad next year too and we all see how that turned out. It's kind of sad that once the Clippers become relevant the Lakers pull off some killer moves and shine once again. I was hoping for 2-3 seasons of Clippers being better and by the time Lakers rebuild there would be two elite teams in LA competing.

Now it looks like Lakers fans will puff their chests out for a few more years :mad: .

As a Jets fan, I can relate to that.

Oh well. Life down here in the cellar isn't all that bad.

G-Funk
legendary :bowdown: :oldlol:

sagr32
:oldlol: pretty much. LMFAO at Magic not even getting Bynum in return. Lakers are trolling rest of NBA today. I'm seriously laughing still that they got a 17 and 6 player last year to freaking sign for minimum :wtf: .his next best offer was 2 yrs 8 million to play with the bobcats. Why wouldn't he choose the Lakers for a chance to win when he has made 140 million in his career.

TOUCH MY BODY

Mitch is always raping the league :pimp:

Tenchi Ryu
I find it hilarious Miami fans are very active all of a sudden on ISH right now...at least let the deal be confirmed first...we don't need another Kingwillball rage session.

Rooster
I think this deal is almost a given that Howard will be a Laker now since LAL has the best offer for Howard.

I still think OKC can and will beat the Lakers in a 7 game series though barring no injuries but I do think this gives LAL a much better chance..

We still need a defensive guard that will play strictly defense at the end on those close games. That's what killed us against Oklahoma. If Kobe was guarding Westbrook, Harden was killing us and vice versa.

But on offense, we have varieties and I know Eddie Jordan will help. I can see Nash and Gasol can pick and roll teams to death. Kobe can always have that weakside isolations. We can always pound the ball inside to Dwight. Last year I thought the offense revolves too much on Kobe. Having Nash out there will change all that. And Dwight is so much better defensively than Bynum. He has that lateral quickness unlike Bynum.

Clippersfan86
his next best offer was 2 yrs 8 million to play with the bobcats. Why wouldn't he choose the Lakers for a chance to win when he has made 140 million in his career.

4 times the money is kind of a big deal but I agree IF those were the only offers I'd have taken Lakers too.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Dwight is on everybody's shitlist right now and has thrown teammates under the bus multiple times. Doubt people rush to play with him :facepalm .

Wow ... U must know how to see the future??? In 3 yrs ... They win 2 chips with Howard ruling the nba and the LA city..& clippers will be clippers ..jv league team
Lol we r lakers ... Our owner & Mitch will make sure to pair another superstar with Howard.. Kyrie Irving?...lol kidding

Levity
07-19-2012, 02:57 AM

July 18th, 1996 Shaq signs with Lakers

July 18th, 2012 Sources say Dwight will commit to the Lakers

you're just following tradition...

:applause:

DaSeba5
I find it hilarious Miami fans are swarming ISH right now...at least let the deal be confirmed first...we don't need another Kingwillball rage session.

I don't see that many.

TheeBeast
Wow this is gonna be one hell of a team :bowdown:

-Dwight Howard
-Pau Gasol
-Metta World Piece
-Kobe Bryant
-Steve Nash

= The greatest starting five in the history of the NBA (ON PAPER)

Damn and to know that it only has two-three years to show its greatness... :facepalm

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 02:58 AM
As a Jets fan, I can relate to that.

Oh well. Life down here in the cellar isn't all that bad.

:cheers: . I don't even care if the Clippers are better but just wanted them to get a little more established before Lakers go back to winning titles.

TheBigVeto
Who's the next all star to join the Lakers? Durant? Lebron? Dirk? Paul Pierce?

sagr32
We still need a defensive guard that will play strictly defense at the end on those close games. That's what killed us against Oklahoma. If Kobe was guarding Westbrook, Harden was killing us and vice versa.

But on offense, we have varieties and I know Eddie Jordan will help. I can see Nash and Gasol can pick and roll teams to death. Kobe can always have that weakside isolations. We can always pound the ball inside to Dwight. Last year I thought the offense revolves too much on Kobe. Having Nash out there will change all that. And Dwight is so much better defensively than Bynum. He has that lateral quickness unlike Bynum.Has Jordan joining the staff been confirmed. I read that their was some interest but nothing official. I'm all for that move. We need somebody who knows offense since we already got brown for D

blacknapalm
I find it hilarious Miami fans are very active all of a sudden on ISH right now...at least let the deal be confirmed first...we don't need another Kingwillball rage session.

did he ever come back? :roll:

i think his mom had to unplug the computer and hide it. he probably dumped trash all over his room :roll:

talkingconch
07-19-2012, 02:59 AM
:roll: lol u mad as fcuk right now cf... When kobe/pau comes off we got 63 millions coming off
& with Howard deal ...Lakers r saying FCUK u NBA... & if u see anything is lakers will keep getting superstars to play for them
so many ppl in this thread are so ****ing mad right now if this goes down

63****ing million coming off the books and if we keep dwight + players flock to us

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/write.ign.com/61390/2011/06/Haters-Gonna-Hate-Gif-6.gif

TOUCH MY BODY
Lakers front office is second to none :bowdown:

chazzy
I can't believe the two non Lakers who I've been defending most these past couple years could now be together in LA. Crazy shit.

Rainwound
07-19-2012, 03:00 AM
I remember talking to some idiot a few months ago who said Durant's gonna bail to LA whenever he gets the chance :oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-19-2012, 03:01 AM

With the current lineup lakers have a hole at Sf.. Next yr when Kobe/gasol comes off the books ..there is guy called Lebron who might be a FA.. Remaining u guess

StateOfMind12
Westbrook and Durant were the ones that killed the Lakers. Harden was the one that struggled in the series. He actually played pretty similar against the Heat when he played the Lakers..

OKC still has Perkins defensively and he is one of the few NBA players in the league that gives Dwight's fits along with Tyson Chandler.

Kobe is not that good anymore and Thabo and Durant can stop the guy no problem.

Nash? We will see if he really is this system player that his haters have said or if he really is washed up like some Suns fans claimed he was last season.

I still think OKC takes out the Lakers especially since Westbrook or a perimeter player on OKC will have an even easier time against the Lakers next series since Nash will be guarding a perimeter player.

sagr32
I can't believe the two non Lakers who I've been defending most these past couple years could now be together in LA. Crazy shit.Quick Start defending Iggy and we'll get him soon too. :lol

blacknapalm
Has Jordan joining the staff been confirmed. I read that their was some interest but nothing official. I'm all for that move. We need somebody who knows offense since we already got brown for D

we need him too. we lost both synder and messina to europe. i don't want to imagine just brown and keuster...

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:02 AM
I remember talking to some idiot a few months ago who said Durant's gonna bail to LA whenever he gets the chance :oldlol:

Dont count it out.

Jacks3
07-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Wow this is gonna be one hell of a team :bowdown:

-Dwight Howard
-Pau Gasol
-Metta World Piece
-Kobe Bryant
-Steve Nash

= The greatest starting five in the history of the NBA

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Westbrook and Durant were the ones that killed the Lakers. Harden was the one that struggled in the series. He actually played pretty similar against the Heat when he played the Lakers..

OKC still has Perkins defensively and he is one of the few NBA players in the league that gives Dwight's fits along with Tyson Chandler.

Kobe is not that good anymore and Thabo and Durant can stop the guy no problem.

Nash? We will see if he really is this system player that his haters have said or if he really is washed up like some Suns fans claimed he was last season.

I still think OKC takes out the Lakers especially since Westbrook or a perimeter player on OKC will have an even easier time against the Lakers next series since Nash will be guarding a perimeter player.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

coin24
07-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Let this be true:bowdown: :bowdown:

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 03:04 AM
It will be one of the most unique title contenders ever. One of best starting 5's ever... but such a horseshit bench outside of Jamison. Will be interesting to see for sure and must watch TV.

chazzy
07-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Nash will be put on a spot up shooter usually.. but it's gonna be tough late in games when Harden is in. The flipside is that OKC kept killing LA in the pick and roll and Dwight is a MUCH better defender than Bynum in those situations because of his superior mobility. That's gonna be huge.

Punpun
You realize the Lakers WITH Howard are 3 years from being Magic 2.0 aka Howard+scrubs right? Once Kobe and Gasol retire obviously. This Lakers squad is built for a 3 year run right now then a rebuild. All the Lakers are doing is extending the inevitable (which is the right thing to do obviously).

You.. You can't mean Teams can't be in contention for years with the same squad ?

OH MY GOD SOMEONE CROWNS CF86 AS BBALL KING.

RazorBaLade
It will be one of the most unique title contenders ever. One of best starting 5's ever... but such a horseshit bench outside of Jamison. Will be interesting to see for sure and must watch TV.

Dont forget if this happens mitch will set his eyes on the bench..... imagine getting brandon rush for hill.. and maybe jermaine oneal? good bench

StateOfMind12
Feel free to tell me how Kobe did in the 4th quarter against OKC especially when Durant was on him.

Kobe was very inefficient in that series at least FG% wise. He only averaged a lot of points because he got to the line a lot and he got to the line a lot at LA but not at OKC.

I'm more than positive Kobe got most of his FGs against Harden anyways which is saying nothing considering how Harden is a defensive liability.

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 03:06 AM
So Orlando is basically giving up Howard to get rid of some bad contracts?

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Dont forget if this happens mitch will set his eyes on the bench..... imagine getting brandon rush for hill.. and maybe jermaine oneal? good bench

Man... so unfair but not unrealistic :( . Brandon Rush+Oneal both for minimum! Get er done Mitch!

coin24
07-19-2012, 03:07 AM
If it goes down im sure they can fill the bench out a little better.

Jamison, JHill?, Barnes?, Blake:facepalm

chazzy
Apparently Oneal didn't look good in his workout and the Lakers are gonna pass. Interested in what bad contract the Lakers are taking back, really hope it's Jrich.

RazorBaLade
Man... so unfair but not unrealistic :( . Brandon Rush+Oneal both for minimum! Get er done Mitch!

gotta trade jordan hill for rush.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 03:08 AM
gotta trade jordan hill for rush.

How come?

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 03:09 AM
no way GS lets rush go, not after letting wright go. they'll match and even exceed any offer.

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:10 AM

relax, let's worry about winning the rings 1st, then we can worry about rebuilding all you want. BTW in 3 years the only contract on Lakers roster is Steve Nash's and Dwight's

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:11 AM
Feel free to tell me how Kobe did in the 4th quarter against OKC especially when Durant was on him.

Kobe was very inefficient in that series at least FG% wise. He only averaged a lot of points because he got to the line a lot and he got to the line a lot at LA but not at OKC.

I'm more than positive Kobe got most of his FGs against Harden anyways which is saying nothing considering how Harden is a defensive liability.

You must not really understand how basketball works... Kobe will not be playing with incompetent PG's (Sessions & Blake) and he will have a center who needs just as much attention as him. Kobe will get his points with ease along with Howard,Nash,and Gasol.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2012, 03:11 AM
One favor to ask of the Lakers fans here. If this trade doesn't happen please don't have meltdowns and talk bad about your team. Even without Howard you have a legit title contender and should be grateful for all the success you've gotten to experience. I notice when Lakers fans get disappointed they start talking about how much the organization is falling apart etc. Looks similar to me outside of Jim Buss.

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 03:12 AM
How come?

WEll I dunno, thats what the rumor was. You can't get rush for the vet min and the mini MLE might not be enough either... And GS is interested in hill. So sign and trade would work. something like that

Clippersfan86
relax, let's worry about winning the rings 1st, then we can worry about rebuilding all you want. BTW in 3 years the only contract on Lakers roster is Steve Nash's and Dwight's

Nash's contract is that long :biggums: ? Thought it was like 2 years.

WeGetRing2012
One favor to ask of the Lakers fans here. If this trade doesn't happen please don't have meltdowns and talk bad about your team. Even without Howard you have a legit title contender and should be grateful for all the success you've gotten to experience. I notice when Lakers fans get disappointed they start talking about how much the organization is falling apart etc. Looks similar to me outside of Jim Buss.

Lakers are never falling apart just falling together...:rockon:

mariodeathgrip
So how's Howard surgically repaired back doing??? And what kind of surgery did he have??? Curious!!!!!

Rainwound
07-19-2012, 03:13 AM

You must not really understand how basketball works... Kobe will not be playing with incompetent PG's (Sessions & Blake) and he will have a center who needs just as much attention as him. Kobe will get his points with ease along with Howard,Nash,and Gasol.
As if Bynum didn't require attention?

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 03:14 AM

They are spoiled. There will be some classy guys who understand, but most of them will freak out. It comes with being a fan of the best franchise in the NBA.

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 03:15 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0504/la_kobe_vitti_576.jpg

the goat athletic trainer is going to have his work cut out for him given nash's back history and howard's latest surgery

StateOfMind12
07-19-2012, 03:16 AM

How will he get his points in ease? Are they going to leave him open from the 3 point line? Cause if so, Kobe would still probably shoot a low percentage shot from out there anyways because he can't make or shoot the 3 point ball consistently anymore. He has no more lift in his jumper and Kobe relied on his lift for his jump shot his entire career.

Kobe can be stopped 1 on 1 these days because he isn't as athletic as he use to be nor as he as good or have as much range with his jump shot as he use to which is exactly why Durant completely stopped him in the 4th in that playoff series and he couldn't score on Thabo at all. He could only score on defensive liability James Harden.

I don't even know where you are going with this. All I said was that Kobe could be stopped 1 on 1 and now you are saying something about how he has a Pg now? What the **** does that have to do with anything?

TheeBeast

N if you can't count on those four, we got a difference maker when we really need it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kI92npVAs

Rooster
Has Jordan joining the staff been confirmed. I read that their was some interest but nothing official. I'm all for that move. We need somebody who knows offense since we already got brown for D

Nothing official but I know they are negotiating so its likely. I like Eddie Jordan and his Princeton offense. Guys like Jamison and Ebanks might flourish on this system and we need a them bench. I am hoping we can get Lee, Rush, or Weems on that mini-MLE and resign Hill to solidify our bench.

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:17 AM
As if Bynum didn't require attention?

No. Bynum touches the ball> other team sends double team>he either forces a bad shot or turns the ball over.

And you neglected what else I said NASH will be setting people up this time around not Kobe who now can focus solely on scoring.

LakersReign
07-19-2012, 03:18 AM

Please:rolleyes:

The only people spouting that load of hot garbage is and has always been haters, who seem to want to tell Laker fans about the Lakers, which makes sense if you don't think about it.:facepalm

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:18 AM
How will he get his points in ease? Are they going to leave him open from the 3 point line? Cause if so, Kobe would still probably shoot a low percentage shot from out there anyways because he can't make or shoot the 3 point ball consistently anymore. He has no more lift in his jumper and Kobe relied on his lift for his jump shot his entire career.

Kobe can be stopped 1 on 1 these days because he isn't as athletic as he use to be nor as he as good or have as much range with his jump shot as he use to which is exactly why Durant completely stopped him in the 4th in that playoff series and he couldn't score on Thabo at all. He could only score on defensive liability James Harden.

I don't even know where you are going with this. All I said was that Kobe could be stopped 1 on 1 and now you are saying something about how he has a Pg now? What the **** does that have to do with anything?

:facepalm :facepalm

Im talking to an idoit...

qrich
07-19-2012, 03:19 AM
WEll I dunno, thats what the rumor was. You can't get rush for the vet min and the mini MLE might not be enough either... And GS is interested in hill. So sign and trade would work. something like that

GS can sign both Hill and Rush without needing to do a trade, so I doubt they do that without getting some sort of compensation in return. Plus, dealing Wright to me sounds like they intend to keep Rush unless some team vastly overpays him.

Lakers should be going after someone like Delfino or even a Marco Bellinelli who would cost less than Rush would.

StateOfMind12
07-19-2012, 03:20 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

Im talking to an idoit...
Coming from a guy who can't even spell IDIOT correctly, IDIOT.

Kobe can be stopped by Thabo and Durant as shown in the 2012 playoff series especially in the 4th quarter. Feel free to dispute it.

sagr32
07-19-2012, 03:21 AM
Nothing official but I know they are negotiating so its likely. I like Eddie Jordan and his Princeton offense. Guys like Jamison and Ebanks might flourish on this system and we need a them bench. I am hoping we can get Lee, Rush, or Weems on that mini-MLE and resign Hill to solidify our bench.Lee would be ideal IMO. He can play solid D and has a knockdown corner 3. If a 3 way with Houston happens hopefully Lee can be part of a sign and trade.

swag2011
07-19-2012, 03:21 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hij9iyIg1rwcc6bo1_400.gif
Gosh you're annoying. Kobe scored on Durant and Thabo. Durant slowed him down yes, but Kobe can still score on him.

Kobe will get his points with easy because he won't have to worry about setting others up. he's a good spot up shooter, which he has shown a bit last year. Check out the Heat or Clippers games and you'll see what i mean. Why are you even in this thread anyway.

chazzy
07-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Lee would be ideal IMO. He can play solid D and has a knockdown corner 3. If a 3 way with Houston happens hopefully Lee can be part of a sign and trade.
Lee should get full MLE and a starting job somewhere. They do need to get a perimeter defender who can knock down 3s. May end up with Raja

stolper
07-19-2012, 03:22 AM
I think it's such faulty thinking to think the way to beat OKC is to stop Westbrook and Durant with a defensive 1 and 3. The truth is nobody in the league can defend those guys one on one. The way to beat them is to defend them as a team and cut off their penetration. This is the one thing that Howard brings to the Lakers that Bynum never brought consistently.

Jacks3
07-19-2012, 03:23 AM
Kobe put up 38/7/6/2/55% TS, 36/6/7/55% TS, and 42/5/2/59% TS in his last 3 games vs OCK last season. lol @ stopped.

Rainwound
07-19-2012, 03:24 AM
No. Bynum touches the ball> other team sends double team>he either forces a bad shot or turns the ball over.

And you neglected what else I said NASH will be setting people up this time around not Kobe who now can focus solely on scoring.
Obviously Nash will help. I wasn't "neglecting" that. But what kind of attention will Howard get offensively that Bynum didn't get?

chazzy
07-19-2012, 03:25 AM
I think it's such faulty thinking to think the way to beat OKC is to stop Westbrook and Durant with a defensive 1 and 3. The truth is nobody in the league can defend those guys one on one. The way to beat them is to defend them as a team and cut off their penetration. This is the one thing that Howard brings to the Lakers that Bynum never brought consistently.
Exactly. While Bynum has great length and contests shot in the paint very well, his main defensive weakness was his mobility both in P&R situations and transition. Dwight solves those two problems while also playing better weakside defense.

StateOfMind12
Kobe put up 38/7/6/2/55% TS, 36/6/7/55% TS, and 42/5/2/59% TS in his last 3 games vs OCK last season. lol @ stopped.
Like I said, he got to the FT line a lot especially at LA but he was horribly inefficient in terms of FG%. A high FG% is reliable down the stretch especially in the 4th and we all know that Kobe was very unreliable down the stretch in the OKC series considering how he gave away like 2-3 games in that series due to his poor play.

monkeypox
So Orlando is basically giving up Howard to get rid of some bad contracts?

Umm, no they don't actually own Howard. They own one more season and the ability to offer more money in a sign and trade. That's all the leverage they have. In many cases you can't just look at the players involved in a trade to see if it's fair. There's this thing called cap-space that many teams find valuable, so you'll see teams trade a valuable player for an over paid scrub with an expiring contract. Now someone like you will be like "OMG they just traded Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol!" but most people can see the cap space and prospects involved.

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:26 AM
IF this report is true, That's the only piece Kupchak needs is Commitment to an extension.

that means the key is unlocked.

Rooster
07-19-2012, 03:27 AM

Kobe had a bad series shooting wise but Lakers offense was so predictable. It was Kobe and his isolation game. Nash and Gasol on pick and roll will be huge. Two players than can shoot, create and both great passers and constantly moving. And we did not have the bench last year. This year we already have Jamison and I am pretty sure Lakers are not done yet.

brandonislegend
07-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Like I said, he got to the FT line a lot especially at LA but he was horribly inefficient in terms of FG%. A high FG% is reliable down the stretch especially in the 4th and we all know that Kobe was very unreliable down the stretch in the OKC series considering how he gave away like 2-3 games in that series due to his poor play.

:facepalm

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Umm, no they don't actually own Howard. They own one more season and the ability to offer more money in a sign and trade. That's all the leverage they have. In many cases you can't just look at the players involved in a trade to see if it's fair. There's this thing called cap-space that many teams find valuable, so you'll see teams trade a valuable player for an over paid scrub with an expiring contract. Now someone like you will be like "OMG they just traded Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol!" but most people can see the cap space and prospects involved.

I was just asking a question. I didn't make any opinion with my post so I wouldn't say "OMG they just traded Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol!"

Thanks for answering me though.

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Obviously Nash will help. I wasn't "neglecting" that. But what kind of attention will Howard get offensively that Bynum didn't get?

Howard gets more attention than Bynum period. One reason is because he is more mobile than Bynum. You can play the pick & roll with Howard to create mismatches. Howard is a better passer out of the double team so he will find the open player more than Bynum. And teams risked playing Bynum one on one they will not do the same with Howard. I don't think OKC doubled Bynum until the second half of game 4...

kennethgriffin
so kobe could verry well be part of 3 almost completely different multiple championship teams

3 titles with

shaq
fox
george
grant
harper
horry
fisher
lue
madson
medvidenko
shaq

2 titles with

gasol
bynum
odom
brown
artest
fisher
farmar
sasha
powell
morrison
walton
mbenga

1-2 more titles with

nash
howard
jamison
gasol
metta
blake
ebanks
goudelock
hill
barnes
mcroberts

the only guys from the 2010 title team still on the team now are gasol and metta

Jacks3
That's because he was playing 40 MPG and was asked to be the primary scorer and play-maker. Besides, FG% doesn't matter. TS does. The fact that he was getting to the FT line so often is very encouraging.

With Nash the Lakers can cut his minutes down to 33-34 and he won't have to force the issue down the stretch because the Lakers will have another creator. He can pick his spots and focus on scoring.

It's gonna be sweet.

:pimp:

chazzy
Rudolph will be on Yahoo sports radio in a minute http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/

Rooster
07-19-2012, 03:31 AM

Bynum does not have that lateral quickness that Howard possess. He always comes late when it comes to rotating on pick and rolls and backdoor cuts on the baseline.

Jacks3
so kobe could verry well be part of 3 almost completely different multiple championship teams

3 titles with

shaq
fox
george
grant
harper
horry
fisher
lue
madson
medvidenko
shaq

2 titles with

gasol
bynum
odom
brown
artest
fisher
farmar
sasha
powell
morrison
walton
mbenga

1-2 more titles with

nash
howard
jamison
gasol
metta
blake
ebanks
goudelock
hill
barnes
mcroberts

the only guys from the 2010 title team still on the team now are gasol and metta
He could retire with 7-8 rings. :eek: :eek: :eek:

G-Funk
Jarrod Rudolph going on yahoo radio like in the next minute

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/

He's on right now

TheeBeast
07-19-2012, 03:32 AM
Kobe had a bad series shooting wise but Lakers offense was so predictable. It was Kobe and his isolation game. Nash and Gasol on pick and roll will be huge. Two players than can shoot, create and both great passers and constantly moving. And we did not have the bench last year. This year we already have Jamison and I am pretty sure Lakers are not done yet.

Exactly, I can't even take someone seriously when they want to compare last season's Lakers to this new assembly. The whole way of operating will be different, you won't see Kobe handling the ball down the court while our inside guys get annihilated by trying to create their own shot.

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:32 AM
And Howard can run which allows the Lakers to play a faster game with Nash.
Not that slow offense we had to play last year that opposing teams were able to slow down...

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:33 AM
Jarrod Rudolph going on yahoo radio like in the next minute

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/

He's on right now

tomtucker
07-19-2012, 03:33 AM
:coleman: Fck Howard. Keep Bynum.

i say the same........Lakers are not better, if it

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Rudolph said Lakers were never off Dwights list

swag2011
07-19-2012, 03:35 AM

3 titles with

shaq
fox
george
grant
harper
horry
fisher
lue
madson
medvidenko
shaq

2 titles with

gasol
bynum
odom
brown
artest
fisher
farmar
sasha
powell
morrison
walton
mbenga

1-2 more titles with

nash
howard
jamison
gasol
metta
blake
ebanks
goudelock
hill
barnes
mcroberts

That's what would make it impressive! Kobe winning with 3 different sets of groups. And possibly a new coach! But let's not get ahead of ourselves, let's hope we can at least get one more though. We don't want to look like Miami *not 1, not 2, not 3* lol.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Rudolph will be on Yahoo sports radio in a minute http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/

Please recap... On iPhone

qrich
07-19-2012, 03:36 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]i say the same........Lakers are not better, if it

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:37 AM
Lakers were always making offers for Dwight

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 03:38 AM
It's not a surprise though. You would think the Lakers were the favorites to land him after Brooklyn pulled out. Orlando doesn't have that many options.

Velocirap31
Fck you Lakers and your excellent front office.

blacknapalm
the fact that rudolph is from orlando is a promising sign. the guy who broke the nash story was from phoenix and this guy has always been close to dwight rumors.

framework is bynum to cleveland and orlando gets varejao and draft picks. he also says jason richardson and possibly duhon will be involved (bad contracts).

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:40 AM
The Cavs wanna make this trade happen before Rockets Asik deal is cleared. Because the Rockets will jump on it(3 way deal).

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Your right.

S&T Troy Murphy for Howard.

Basically Lakers have always talked to the Magic front office even when the Nets deal seemed to be done.

Also stating that the Cavs will be sending out Andy V and the Magic will be receiving Andy V and picks for Dwight.

Don't like the deal for Orlando unless they dump their contracts personally, but if its all they can get, they have to do it.

Thanks dude

qrich
07-19-2012, 03:41 AM
I still don't understand why the Magic are insisting on JRich being included and not Hedo?

Thanks dude

Also just said that everyone involved is ready to go (including Bynum) and they are just waiting on Orlando. On top of it, seemingly is blaming the Magic for acting like they want to trade Dwight but really don't and that is the reason for his image hurting.

chazzy
07-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Rudolph saying everyone is in agreement and it's up to the Magic to pull the trigger.

I still don't understand why the Magic are insisting on JRich being included and not Hedo?
A lot more difficult to move his contract

Rainwound
07-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Basically it's all up to the Magic now whether or not they want to pull the trigger on this trade.

sagr32
07-19-2012, 03:43 AM
I still don't understand why the Magic are insisting on JRich being included and not Hedo?Probably cause Jrich has 3 years to Hedo's 2

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:43 AM
HE also said:

Lakers are ready to go

Cavs are ready to go

Dwight is ready to go

Bynum is ready to go

RIP CITY
07-19-2012, 03:45 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time that Howard added another team to his list of places he would re-sign, once Brooklyn was out of it he had no choice but to eventually relent. Not surprised it's the Lakers though I was hoping it would be his Hometown Hawks.

Don't see any way he doesn't end up with the Lakers now, somehow they will work it out, even though Orlando will end up getting ass raped in the trade and the Lakers will basically give up just Bynum, SMH.

How much you want to bet the Lakers end up with Jason Richardson in all of this too, which is an amazing pickup for their bench and his contract is not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

Lakers with Howard are the clear cut favorites in my mind, Miami will definitely have a chance to beat them but as long as Howard is healthy the Lakers will be pretty damn unstoppable. Adding a couple bench guys won't be a problem at all for them, you really only need 3 bench players with a Starting lineup like that. They'll already have Jamison and Richardson.

This will take so much pressure off of Kobe, with Nash/Howard there to take some of the attention off of him. Nash will get him the ball in better spots, get him easy buckets and find him whenever he is open. Howard will draw double teams which will also give Kobe more room on the floor to drive and find openings to pull up for shorter jumpers. Kobe will also be able to spend more energy on defense because he won't have to carry the team offensively as much. Kobe will have a great season next year, his %'s will go up, his assists probably will too, when you double him now he has 3 capable scorers around him with Howard, Nash and Gasol. He's always been good at driving into the lane and making that little drop pass to a big, now he has the best big man finisher in the League to dump it to or drive and kick out to Nash for 3. This is going to be retarded, Kobe/Howard/Nash/Gasol fit perfectly together offensively, they all compliment each other really well and will keep defenses from being able to focus soley on any one of them. Kobe being more fresh at the end of games because he won't have to carry so much of the offensive load is a scary thought.

Ugh, this is really just unfair, lol. I wish they would get rid Metta World Douche, he doesn't deserve to play with that team, scumbag.

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 03:46 AM
HE also said:

Lakers are ready to go

Cavs are ready to go

Dwight is ready to go

Bynum is ready to go

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/901100_o.gif

qrich
07-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Probably cause Jrich has 3 years to Hedo's 2

Meh, so does Glen Davis and even right now, I'd take JRich over Glen.

A lot more difficult to move his contract

Due to it being worse. If all they are getting is Andy V and picks, I'd ask for Hedo to be gone too.

Or I guess they can amnesty him still. Either way, don't like this trade for Orlando, and think Cleveland is making out real well here. Gets the leagues best C out of the conference and acquire a nice big man to build with Irving & Thompson. If only they would have drafted someone besides Waiters at #4. Back to back shitty #4 picks.

Babalu
07-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Bynum will only agree to sign an extension with another team if Dwight can beat him in a 3-point shooting contest.

Rooster
07-19-2012, 03:47 AM
the fact that rudolph is from orlando is a promising sign. the guy who broke the nash story was from phoenix and this guy has always been close to dwight rumors.

framework is bynum to cleveland and orlando gets varejao and draft picks. he also says jason richardson and possibly duhon will be involved (bad contracts).

Hopefully Duhon will go to the Lakers, he can play solid defense. Him and Nash can rotate on offense and defense on close games at the end. I would love Lee to get that mini MLE but he probably have better offers.

White Mamba
07-19-2012, 03:48 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ispin69
07-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Why would Howard change his mind and commit to a long term deal in LA? I know he changes his mind but not this 180 degree turn. Shaq's going to destroy him on TNT. He's already copied the Superman moniker, now following his career ORL 2 LA? I don't think so. Not more than one year.

YAWN
07-19-2012, 03:50 AM
Curious to see who else the lakers are giving up. ebanks & goudelock?

They would need to match whatever bad contracts salary is coming in... I guess J-rich would be good for the bench..

bmulls
07-19-2012, 03:51 AM
Has Bynum agreed to sign an extension?

qrich
07-19-2012, 03:52 AM

They would need to match whatever bad contracts salary is coming in... I guess J-rich would be good for the bench..

Morris can be a possibility as well as a S&T Hill?

chazzy
Has Bynum agreed to sign an extension?
According to Rudolph he's "good to go" which either implies he's extending or the Cavs will take him without one.

Story Up
Why would Howard change his mind and commit to a long term deal in LA? I know he changes his mind but not this 180 degree turn. Shaq's going to destroy him on TNT. He's already copied the Superman moniker, now following his career ORL 2 LA? I don't think so. Not more than one year.
It's either LA or Houston or Atlanta. He wants to win, **** Shaq. People are to sensitive regarding that, it's one of the most immature reasons I've heard in basketball.

tomtucker
I knew it was only a matter of time that Howard added another team to his list of places he would re-sign, once Brooklyn was out of it he had no choice but to eventually relent. Not surprised it's the Lakers though I was hoping it would be his Hometown Hawks.

Don't see any way he doesn't end up with the Lakers now, somehow they will work it out, even though Orlando will end up getting ass raped in the trade and the Lakers will basically give up just Bynum, SMH.

How much you want to bet the Lakers end up with Jason Richardson in all of this too, which is an amazing pickup for their bench and his contract is not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

Lakers with Howard are the clear cut favorites in my mind, Miami will definitely have a chance to beat them but as long as Howard is healthy the Lakers will be pretty damn unstoppable. Adding a couple bench guys won't be a problem at all for them, you really only need 3 bench players with a Starting lineup like that. They'll already have Jamison and Richardson.

This will take so much pressure off of Kobe, with Nash/Howard there to take some of the attention off of him. Nash will get him the ball in better spots, get him easy buckets and find him whenever he is open. Howard will draw double teams which will also give Kobe more room on the floor to drive and find openings to pull up for shorter jumpers. Kobe will also be able to spend more energy on defense because he won't have to carry the team offensively as much. Kobe will have a great season next year, his %'s will go up, his assists probably will too, when you double him now he has 3 capable scorers around him with Howard, Nash and Gasol. He's always been good at driving into the lane and making that little drop pass to a big, now he has the best big man finisher in the League to dump it to or drive and kick out to Nash for 3. This is going to be retarded, Kobe/Howard/Nash/Gasol fit perfectly together offensively, they all compliment each other really well and will keep defenses from being able to focus soley on any one of them. Kobe being more fresh at the end of games because he won't have to carry so much of the offensive load is a scary thought.

Ugh, this is really just unfair, lol. I wish they would get rid Metta World Douche, he doesn't deserve to play with that team, scumbag.

yeah, don

YAWN
No he won't, if anything I think Shaq will flip flop.. LA fans are going to rally behind Dwight, and Shaq has been playing nice with LA's ownership and fan base since he retired.

sagr32
Hopefully Duhon will go to the Lakers, he can play solid defense. Him and Nash can rotate on offense and defense on close games at the end. I would love Lee to get that mini MLE but he probably have better offers.Hadn't thought about the Lakers possibly taking Duhon but we do need a backup PG and Duhon has to be better than Blake.

chazzy
07-19-2012, 03:53 AM

Maybe Ebanks and a Hill S&T. Probably the main reason why neither player has been officially signed yet.

Duhon is awful. I hope they don't get him.

Lakers Legend#32
07-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Sign long-term deal after the 2012-13 season? Don't trust Dwight. Get his extension now!

RIP CITY
07-19-2012, 03:55 AM

Brooklyn is out of it, it was only a matter of time before he realized it and added another team to his list of places he would re-sign with long term. He was retarded for saying he didn't want to go to LA in the first place, he just finally realized it was his best option.

bmulls
07-19-2012, 03:56 AM
I fail to see how Andy Varejao and 2 late draft picks got this deal done. Kyrie and Bynum are a middle of the pack team, no worse than Houston would be with Dwight and garbage. The picks are going to be crap and Andy V is also crap compared to the rookies Houston was offering.

Houston's package still looks infinitely better to me.

Story Up
07-19-2012, 03:57 AM
Re-sign Hill and we still have the MMLE. Mitch is a genius.
I wonder who else we can grab with the MLE?

J. Hill, Jamison and Richardson is a damn nice bench... Would love to get Lee or Rush but it's unrealistic.

Ebanks, Blake, Rich, Jamison, Hill, Goudelock and Rush would be my dream bench.

Howard | Gasol
Gasol | Hill | Jamison
World Peace | Jamison | Ebanks
Bryant | Ricahrdson | Goudelock
Nash | Blake

I think we need Foye over anyone actually.

Rooster
07-19-2012, 03:59 AM

If Howard let his ego get the best of him, then he will have another miserable year of what IFs. This is the ideal situation for him and sometimes a grown man has to set his ego aside . Anyways Shaq was not the first HOF center to come to LA and there's nothing original about the Suoerman moniker either.

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Re-sign Hill and we still have the MMLE. Mitch is a genius.
I wonder who else we can grab with the MLE?

J. Hill, Jamison and Richardson is a damn nice bench... Would love to get Lee or Rush but it's unrealistic.

Ebanks, Blake, Rich, Jamison, Hill, Goudelock and Rush would be my dream bench.

Howard | Gasol
Gasol | Hill | Jamison
World Peace | Jamison | Ebanks
Bryant | Ricahrdson | Goudelock
Nash | Blake

T-wolves are offering Hill 16 mill 3 years, Lakers are offering him 6 mill 2 years lol

qrich
07-19-2012, 04:00 AM
I fail to see how Andy Varejao and 2 late draft picks got this deal done. Kyrie and Bynum are a middle of the pack team, no worse than Houston would be with Dwight and garbage. The picks are going to be crap and Andy V is also crap compared to the rookies Houston was offering.

Houston's package still looks infinitely better to me.

It is better so I don't get why Orlando isn't jumping on that. Who knows what the protection on the Cavaliers pick is, nor what year it is. If its a few years down the road, it'd be a mid-first. At this point, Orlando should look for the best deal for them and not care about what Dwight wants, but its obvious they aren't fully doing that. Either way, I like this deal for Cleveland just as much as I do for the Lakers.

Foye plays better as a starter and is atrocious off the bench. Would be better with someone like Bellinelli, Delfino or even Barbosa.

T-wolves are offering Hill 16 mill 3 years, Lakers are offering him 6 mill 2 years lol

Hill is reminding me of Jerome James from 05 and getting a similar deal :oldlol:

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 04:01 AM
Sign long-term deal after the 2012-13 season? Don't trust Dwight. Get his extension now!
It would be a PR suicide if he doesn't

b1imtf
07-19-2012, 04:02 AM
ESPN reporting it now

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Foye plays better as a starter and is atrocious off the bench. Would be better with someone like Bellinelli, Delfino or even Barbosa.

agreed. foye is trash. of those three choices, i'd take delfino easy

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 04:03 AM
What time is it in Miami, Heat "fans" are gonna wake up to a nightmare! lol

Velocirap31
07-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Are these teams actually completing a trade at this time of night?

qrich
07-19-2012, 04:05 AM
agreed. foye is trash. of those three choices, i'd take delfino easy

Meh, he's not trash. When on, he is great offense off the bench, but besides that provides good ball handling, solid defense and is one of the strongest (imo) 2guards in the league. Its just, coming off the bench, his production turns to turd.

Pacers4ever
07-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Why are we acting like this is a done deal?

bmulls
07-19-2012, 04:08 AM
Are these teams actually completing a trade at this time of night?

Everybody here is totally jumping the gun. We still have no idea if Orlando likes the package Cleveland/LA can put together. As I pointed out above, the deal seems to be Varejao and picks, which is much much worse than Houston's offer.

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 04:11 AM
What time is it in Miami, Heat "fans" are gonna wake up to a nightmare! lol

4:11. I love that you think we're scared.

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Meh, he's not trash. When on, he is great offense off the bench, but besides that provides good ball handling, solid defense and is one of the strongest (imo) 2guards in the league. Its just, coming off the bench, his production turns to turd.

never liked him. he's just way too inconsistent. even when chauncey got hurt and he was given the starting reigns, he disappointed. the guy just doesn't do anything great. i don't even see how he's much better than shannon brown. his ball handling isn't much better and he's just a slightly better iso player. just mediocre everywhere else and his defense is not much to write home about either. foye's P&R defense is crap. better than mo's, but that isn't saying much....

Tenchi Ryu
07-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Its hard not to believe now that his recent trip to that Dodgers game made him think it over. I'm sure he knew that he's not exactly in the positive light media-wise right now, so for all those LA fans to be opening up to him, probably made him think on it.

qrich
07-19-2012, 04:14 AM
never liked him. he's just way too inconsistent. even when chauncey got hurt and he was given the starting reigns, he disappointed. the guy just doesn't do anything great. i don't even see how he's much better than shannon brown. his ball handling isn't much better and he's just a slightly better iso player. just mediocre everywhere else and his defense is not much to write home about either. better than mo's, but that isn't saying much....

To each their own. I agree that he is vastly inconsistent, but, to me, his defense is slightly above average and simply due to his range, is an upgrade over Brown.

sagr32
07-19-2012, 04:15 AM
Its hard not to believe now that his recent trip to that Dodgers game made him think it over. I'm sure he knew that he's not exactly in the positive light media-wise right now, so for all those LA fans to be opening up to him, probably made him think on it.Take it with a grain of salt because the only place I saw it mentioned was a Laker forum but Magic supposedly invited him to the game :confusedshrug:

G-Funk
07-19-2012, 04:22 AM
4:11. I love that you think we're scared.

Its true, It would be the only team to threaten your championship cruise, and you know it.

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Its hard not to believe now that his recent trip to that Dodgers game made him think it over. I'm sure he knew that he's not exactly in the positive light media-wise right now, so for all those LA fans to be opening up to him, probably made him think on it.

Which is funny because the last thing I'd want to be judged on by howard is 3000 beaners at a dodgers game and hes in earshot. That could have gone the other way easily

Pacers4ever
07-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Which is funny because the last thing I'd want to be judged on by howard is 3000 beaners at a dodgers game and hes in earshot. That could have gone the other way easily

or the fact he got boo'd :lol

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 04:24 AM
Its true, It would be the only team to threaten your championship cruise, and you know it.

They are, but I'm not scared. I expected a team to make a big move to beat Miami. I wish it was that easy; no way we were going to easily win 4-5 championships lol. Well even with the big 3 it hasn't been easy lol.

Rooster
07-19-2012, 04:24 AM
To each their own. I agree that he is vastly inconsistent, but, to me, his defense is slightly above average and simply due to his range, is an upgrade over Brown.

Shannon Brown provided good energy when he was playing scant amount of minutes with the Lakers but as soon as he was playing more, he became more of a liability. If he was on, he was good but when he's off ( there s more of that), he just gamble too much on defense to make his highlights and got burned a lot. I would pick Foye over him. Foye can hit tough shots and daggers and I did not see much of that from Brown unless he did on Suns last year.

Rooster
07-19-2012, 04:28 AM
They are, but I'm not scared. I expected a team to make a big move to beat Miami. I wish it was that easy; no way we were going to easily win 4-5 championships lol. Well even with the big 3 it hasn't been easy lol.

You probably hope that Oklahama will still beat the Lakers. Oklahoma just does not have a big that you need to double team. They are perimeter oriented team and Lebron, Wade and Chalmers are all pretty good perimeter defenders. Miami will always match up well against them.

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 04:29 AM
Shannon Brown provided good energy when he was playing scant amount of minutes with the Lakers but as soon as he was playing more, he became more of a liability. If he was on, he was good but when he's off ( there s more of that), he just gamble too much on defense to make his highlights and got burned a lot. I would pick Foye over him. Foye can hit tough shots and daggers and I did not see much of that from Brown unless he did on Suns last year.

shannon browns idea of defense is watching ray allen make 7 threes in a row in a finals game and then sagging off allen for the 8th attempt because rondo coming into the lane into 3 people.

Love him.

comerb
07-19-2012, 04:29 AM
Yall think the Lakers can get past OKC with DWight?

I personally hate the Lakers... but yes. Yes, they will probably destroy OKC w/ Nash & Dwight. I don't even think Miami will be able to beat them. The only thing that would stop that Lakers team is if Kobe & Dwight have some sort of ego-meltdown, or an injury. That's just too much of the right kind of talent in the right spots. The only real hope against that team is getting ridiculously hot from downtown.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-19-2012, 04:30 AM
shannon browns idea of defense is watching ray allen make 7 threes in a row in a finals game and then sagging off allen for the 8th attempt because rondo coming into the lane into 3 people.

Love him.

I remember that mutha fcukers defense...don't want him for min

blacknapalm
07-19-2012, 04:32 AM

Love him.

don't forget the lunging down and charging at a shooter's knees instead of contesting the shot. that was the single most infuriating thing for me when it came to brown

DaSeba5
You probably hope that Oklahama will still beat the Lakers. Oklahoma just does not have a big that you need to double team. They are perimeter oriented team and Lebron, Wade and Chalmers are all pretty good perimeter defenders. Miami will always match up well against them.

I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer OKC. Lakers' bigs will be a trouble for us, but I'm not going to crown them champs and dick ride the Lakers like Laker fans want to me to do. It should be fun. Let's both win our conferences first before we start talking Heat-Lakers.

chazzy
This isn't done. Huge step but it's ultimately up to Orlando. We could still see a 3 team trade involving Houston once their cap situation gets finalized.

Pacers4ever
07-19-2012, 04:33 AM
I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer OKC. Lakers' bigs will be a trouble for us, but I'm not going to crown them champs and dick ride the Lakers like Laker fans want to me to do. It should be fun. Let's both win our conferences first before we start talking Heat-Lakers.

or until this trade actually happens lol

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 04:34 AM
or until this trade actually happens lol

yah :lol

RazorBaLade
07-19-2012, 04:35 AM
All I know is its going to be fun to watch. truly fun to watch OKC vs LA, and then the winner vs MIA.

Its fun. If this trade goes through its a GREAT time to be those 3 because you are most likely getting one of the best series you've seen in years. Most likely.

Da Hammer
07-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Well if the trade happens you can pretty much lock up Lakers vs Thunder WCF and Heat vs Celtics ECF. So many good potential match ups there!

The rest of the league might as well forfeit the season.

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 04:36 AM
All I know is its going to be fun to watch. truly fun to watch OKC vs LA, and then the winner vs MIA.

Its fun. If this trade goes through its a GREAT time to be those 3 because you are most likely getting one of the best series you've seen in years. Most likely.

That's how I see it. Exciting basketball is on the horizon.

TheeBeast
07-19-2012, 04:37 AM

Out here we don't bring our players on a stage and crown them champs. We're a bit old school, we do it the right way.

UtahJazzFan88
07-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Trade?:
Lakers In: Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson
Lakers Out: Andrew Bynum, Andrew Goudelock

Cleveland In: Andrew Bynum, Andrew Goudelock
Cleveland Out: Anderson Varajao, Tristan Thompson, 2013 Cleveland 1st Round Pick (Top 8 Protected), 2013 Sacramento 1st Round Pick (Top 13 Protected), 2013 Miami 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected), 2015 Miami 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected)

Orlando In: Anderson Varajao, Tristan Thompson, 2013 Cleveland 1st Round Pick (Top 8 Protected), 2013 Sacramento 1st Round Pick (Top 13 Protected), 2013 Miami 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected), 2015 Miami 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected)
Orlando Out: Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson

Dictator
07-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Everybody is getting happy like it's already happen. It would be fcked up if some kind of way Dwight still didn't come.