PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from the Cavaliers if they get Bynum?

jalbert009
07-19-2012, 05:25 AM
http://www.shoot-hoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/AndrewBynum.jpg

What will you expect from them if they end up sending Multiple first rounders plus Varejao for Bynum in that propsed 3 team trade between
Magic-Lakers-Cavs?

Bynum / Zeller
Thompson / Samuels / Harangody
Casspi / Azubuike / Walton
Waiters / Gibson / Kennedy
Irving / Sloan

Will they make the playoffs?

Who else will they add to the roster?

Is Bynum worth Varejao and those picks that could be in the lottery?

:confusedshrug:

Bandito
07-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Championship.

Plus if Bynum plays as good as he has been and gets better he would be worth those picks, he is pretty good right now.

UtahJazzFan88
07-19-2012, 05:27 AM
They are getting rid of either Thompson or Zeller + Varajao in any deal, plus up to 3 picks.

b1imtf
07-19-2012, 05:35 AM
They need to improve the 3 spot

Kews1
07-19-2012, 05:43 AM
is there any specific reason why he wants to play in Cleveland?

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Should be in the playoff hunt assuming Bynum is healthy and Irving isn't hitting walls.

TheFastOne
07-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Dan Gilbert

PistolPete44
07-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Nothing.

Punpun
07-19-2012, 05:57 AM
To be pretty interesting to watch.

RIP CITY
07-19-2012, 05:58 AM

I read his reasons are he likes Byron Scott (ties with the Lakers means he knows him I assume) and Kyrie Irving.

What do you expect from the Cavaliers if they get Bynum?

Not much. Probably squeak into the Playoffs in one of his first two years, maybe become a regular Playoff team eventually. They'll need ALOT more to become contenders.

Yung D-Will
07-19-2012, 07:11 AM
I actually think them having one of the top 2 centers in the game and one of the best up and coming pg's ensures them a spot in he playoffs. If Bynum is actually motivated the whole season that playoff spot could be as high as 4.

mrhoopfan
07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
They'd be even better if they would've picked J. Lamb at #4

BoutPractice
07-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Solid foundation for a perennial playoff team, provided everyone's healthy and Waiters is as good as advertised. Still a few years and one or two key players away from contention.

NOHCP3
07-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Call me crazy but I think they can fight for an 7/8 seed. With Orlando preparing to blow it up, that's a spot open. I'd say two spots with Atlanta but idk if they've lost enough to bottom out yet.

Hank
07-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I actually think them having one of the top 2 centers in the game and one of the best up and coming pg's ensures them a spot in he playoffs. If Bynum is actually motivated the whole season that playoff spot could be as high as 4.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/tumblr_m6boufy4N21qgqava.gif

Yung D-Will
07-19-2012, 07:35 AM
After Miami who has those top spots locked up?

Chicago? Probally even though, D-Rose injury, let go of Korver and Brewer

Boston? Let go of Ray Allen

Orlando? No Dwight

Indy? The ****

Philly? The ****

New Jersey? added JJ could move up

New York? looks better on defense could move up

You're telling me with the current state of the east, if the cavs have a motivated Bynum and Kyrie playing at last seasons level they couldn't be that high considering the current state of the east?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2zuhhJv-8I

If Scott motivates Bynum, then just by default having a center that dominant moves you up spots.

Arroyo8
07-19-2012, 07:40 AM
worst case 6 seed

LA_Showtime
07-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if they surprise a lot of people and get the 4th or 5th seed. Bynum would be perfect in Cleveland, assuming he stays healthy. And Cleveland's athleticism would mask many of Bynum's weaknesses.

Punpun
07-19-2012, 08:11 AM
They should totally go to the po. AND THUS KYRIE IVRING JUST LIKE LELBRON WENT TO THE PO IN HIS SECODN YEAR.

The Decision 2.0 can't come soon enough.

fpliii
07-19-2012, 08:57 AM
there's a conspiracy for sure

LeBron has two years before he can opt out of his current deal...just enough time for Kyrie/Bynum to develop and for the Cavs to clear cap space for him to come in

he's going to go back to Cleveland as a seasoned veteran with three championships (one each against OKC, Lakers, and some other super team that perhaps doesn't exist yet), win one more and retire at 30

this league is a huge ****ing joke, god damn :facepalm

chips93
07-19-2012, 08:57 AM
They need to improve the 3 spot

OP left out the starting small forward, alonzo gee

if we get bynum, i would expect a playoff berth

Derka
07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Their record will improve. That's about the only thing I'd swear to at this stage.

Punpun
07-19-2012, 09:08 AM
this league is a huge ****ing joke, god damn :facepalm

>Write shitty fanfiction
>GODDAM?NIT THIS LEAGUE IS SUCH A JOKE.

:yaohappy:

fpliii
07-19-2012, 09:20 AM
>Write shitty fanfiction
>GODDAM?NIT THIS LEAGUE IS SUCH A JOKE.

:yaohappy:

bro I've seen the light, don't be afraid to admit that you have too

NBA = WWE :wtf:

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM

Orlando? No Dwight

Indy? The ****

Philly? The ****

You're telling me with the current state of the east, if the cavs have a motivated Bynum and Kyrie playing at last seasons level they couldn't be that high considering the current state of the east?

If Scott motivates Bynum, then just by default having a center that dominant moves you up spots.

Boston replaced Allen with Terry and added many other pieces. Is Bynum dominate? He's yet to prove that.

he's going to go back to Cleveland as a seasoned veteran with three championships (one each against OKC, Lakers, and some other super team that perhaps doesn't exist yet), win one more and retire at 30

Dallas is the most likely next super team.

Yung D-Will
07-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Boston replaced Allen with Terry and added many other pieces. Is Bynum dominate? He's yet to prove that.

Dallas is the most likely next super team.

Bynum is more talented than 99% of the centers in the leauge and has a great post game. Being the guy next to Kyrie will allow him to fully break out

It's weird that I agree with you, but I do about Dallas, but I think Collison's gonna be the reason. I predict he returns to the level of the stint he had in New Orleans when Cp3 was injured, since he'll now be playing in pick and roll with Dirk.

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Bynum is more talented than 99% of the centers in the leauge and has a great post game. Being the guy next to Kyrie will allow him to fully break out

It's weird that I agree with you, but I do about Dallas, but I think Collison's gonna be the reason. I predict he returns to the level of the stint he had in New Orleans when Cp3 was injured, since he'll now be playing in pick and roll with Dirk.

Bynum is talented but he's still got a lot to prove. Mayo is the big pick up in Dallas. For 3 million maybe the best pickup of the whole off season. He will be 2nd option which he hasn't been since he was a rookie and outplayed Gay and looked like an all-star.

Phantom_Blue
07-19-2012, 09:56 AM
In the East they battle Toronto for the 8th seed, for this year at least. If they get into the playoffs I expect a 1st round upset, and then 2nd round sweep.

Yung D-Will
07-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Bynum is talented but he's still got a lot to prove. Mayo is the big pick up in Dallas. For 3 million maybe the best pickup of the whole off season. He will be 2nd option which he hasn't been since he was a rookie and outplayed Gay and looked like an all-star.

Yea I agree, especially if he keeps believing he deserves a max.

I expect a lot out of Mayo but I think Collison's gonna be the best addition from this offseason.

For that stint in New Orleans I've always liked the kids decision making and playing next to Dirk should emphasize that part of his game.

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Yea I agree, especially if he keeps believing he deserves a max.

I expect a lot out of Mayo but I think Collison's gonna be the best addition from this offseason.

For that stint in New Orleans I've always liked the kids decision making and playing next to Dirk should emphasize that part of his game.

Collison was impressive when Paul went out. I'm guessing They'll be running the offense through Mayo and Dirk more than him and Dirk though.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-19-2012, 10:04 AM

He wants to be the best player on his team for the first time in his career. He also wants to shoot more.

Yung D-Will
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Collison was impressive when Paul went out. I'm guessing They'll be running the offense through Mayo and Dirk more than him and Dirk though.
It'll be interesting though, I've always felt that the Mavs offense thrives on having multiple ball handlers on the court.

DukeDelonte13
07-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Bynum would def. have a great season. He'd be the first scoring option, Kyrie and Waiters would be setting him up all day.

They'd probably make the playoffs but aren't deep and old enough to do anything significant.

StackzUp
07-19-2012, 10:39 AM
They badly need a forward to replace the crap Lebron left them with. I can see that team making the playoffs, but they need something to be in contention.

Nash
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
So Cleveland get Bynum, Lakers get Howard and Orlando gets what now again?

StackzUp
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
So Cleveland get Bynum, Lakers get Howard and Orlando gets what now again?

Verajao and picks I assume?

DukeDelonte13
07-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Verajao and picks I assume?

yup. supposedly thats is what is being talked about. Maybe instead of Andy they get tristan thompson, but hopefully not both.

I don't think Cle does the deal unless they are positive they can get Bynum to resign, but allegedly Orl is the one holding up the deal at this point.

Nash
07-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Why in the world of everything would Orlando give away Howard, send Bynum to Cleveland in the process while getting worse picks than the deal Nets got together that Magic refused?

niko
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Why in the world of everything would Orlando give away Howard, send Bynum to Cleveland in the process while getting worse picks than the deal Nets got together that Magic refused?

That's absolutely false. The Nets were giving away their own picks, which were going to suck (unless you think somehow the Nets would be bad). and two of the picks were 3 and 5 years away respectively. They are getting picks that have actual value, plus the Cavs picks will not be 27-30 like the Nets would.

The only way the Nets deal could be better (it took back less salary and gave crappy picks) is if you think Lopez is a star player worth max dollars. If you do, then their deal is better. If you do not, it's much worse.

DukeDelonte13
07-19-2012, 10:54 AM

wut? how are the picks worse when nothing has been released as to what picks cleveland would send over?

Cle is an attractive choice for ORL cause they have no problem or qualms with swallowing a bad contract.

niko
07-19-2012, 10:58 AM
wut? how are the picks worse when nothing has been released as to what picks cleveland would send over?

Cle is an attractive choice for ORL cause they have no problem or qualms with swallowing a bad contract.
The worst picks you have (in terms of where you would estimate the picks being) are about equal to where the Nets picks would be. There is no way the Nets picks are better.

taucesays
07-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Bynum and Walton bring rings. I'm not sure who you call 1A/1B but that's a package you can't turn down.

Droid101
07-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Completely healthy all year and Kyrie improves just a little bit (not saying he won't improve a lot, but just as an example), I see them going for best record in the East.

Yes.

LAClipsFan33
07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Bynum's knee gonna shatter...it's inevitable. He's been healthy for too long of a stretch

Zedja
07-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Bynum's knee gonna shatter...it's inevitable. He's been healthy for too long of a stretch
**** you.

guy
07-19-2012, 12:07 PM
First year, I'd say they'd be behind Miami, Boston, Chicago, New York, Brooklyn, and Indiana so they'll be either a 7th or 8th seed along with Philly. After that though, if Kyrie becomes one of the best PGs in the league in the same class as Rose, CP3, Rondo, Deron, and Westbrook, which I expect him to be, and Bynum stays healthy, they are a contender especially since you would think they would add more pieces. An NBA dream of a legit Miami-Cleveland rivalry could form as a result.

Doranku
07-19-2012, 12:15 PM

Orlando? No Dwight

Indy? The ****

Philly? The ****

Got dayum the East is going to be awful next year. :roll:

Jameerthefear
05-21-2014, 04:50 AM
Bump.

Rose
05-21-2014, 05:12 AM
Free SPK