PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, F*#@ the Bulls Front Office!

Bucket_Nakedz
07-19-2012, 07:32 PM
This offseason is worsethan our early exit in the playoffs.

I don't understand. We couldn't even try for Courtney Lee?

I'm frustrated

R.I.P.
07-19-2012, 07:35 PM
They are trying to tank for a 2nd superstar like the Spurs with Robinson/Duncan. ACL doesn

nightprowler10
07-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Yes. Lee would've fixed everything.

NOHCP3
07-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Wanted to ask bulls fans what was going on... Just seems weird. Every other contender has done something. Whether it be bringing back guys (like SA) or signing vets(MIA) or drafting well(OKC) each contender has gotten better except Chicago

StateOfMind12
07-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Props to the Bulls for not matching Asik (at least if they do what the rumors say) but I'm disappointed that they didn't go for Lee and haven't amnestied Boozer yet.

Hank
07-19-2012, 07:45 PM
your tears make me smile :D

Bucket_Nakedz
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Yes. Lee would've fixed everything.
no, but he would've been a substantial upgrade of whatever is left of rip. we just aint doing shiet and that fukking piss me off.

I.Malcolm
07-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I understand what the Bulls FO are doing, but I don't enjoy it as a fan. Next season is a wash. We're going to spend it developing young talent and saving $ to make a bigger push next year in terms of FA or trades. Lee was never going to be what put us into serious contention with the Heat.

Bucket_Nakedz
07-19-2012, 07:49 PM
lee is an example. im not saying he was the one that got away, but if we could at least got somebody, shiet!

TheAnchorman
07-19-2012, 07:53 PM
I feel sorry for Bulls fans. Not only bc of Rose's unfortunate injury but having Boozer as your 2nd best player as well. Wait, "2nd best player".

DaSeba5
07-19-2012, 07:54 PM
I think they are tanking for next year. They'll develop their young talent and hope for the best.

The Choken One
07-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Tank mode initiated.

Probably a smart move, though. Get a young, potential star in the upcoming draft while Rose sits out this season and hopefully heals up.

So much respect for Rose and the way he carries himself, hope everything turns out good for him and the Bulls.

Bucket_Nakedz
07-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I think they are tanking for next year. They'll develop their young talent and hope for the best.
that's what im worried about. who the fukk are these fukking pricks to say we should tank? this team had great chemistry and now that half of our team is gone, it's like we have no choice to rebuild. my question is why? us fans deserve better. rose deserves better.

StateOfMind12
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
that's what im worried about. who the fukk are these fukking pricks to say we should tank? this team had great chemistry and now that half of our team is gone, it's like we have no choice to rebuild. my question is why? us fans deserve better. rose deserves better.
Rose is getting the better end of this deal.

Do you honestly think the Bulls would have won with the roster they had for the past two seasons?

If Rose wasn't hurt, the Bulls more than likely wouldn't be blowing this up and they would more than likely continue to contend with that current roster but since he is hurt they are trying to rebuild for the best team possible especially if Rose doesn't become the same old Rose.

These moves they are making are for the future, not next season.

LosBulls
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Don't forget we got the Bobcats pick.

Noah
Nerlens Noel
Luol Deng
Shabazz Muhammad
Derrick Rose

:bowdown:

General
07-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Rose is young. I guess they figured they couldn't get past the Heat with the team they had even if Rose was healthy. Better to rebuild now when he won't play most of the season.

Bucket_Nakedz
07-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Rose is young. I guess they figured they couldn't get past the Heat with the team they had even if Rose was healthy. Better to rebuild now when he won't play most of the season.
i hope you guys are right. for me, i can't just root for a team who i know was championship worthy, to all of sudden see them tank and hope for a lottery pick. it's just unnatural to me. my expectations are always high and i feel that tanking and developing "young talent" is always more of a risk than adding proven veterans to what was a stable core.

PejaNowitzki
07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
lee is an example. im not saying he was the one that got away, but if we could at least got somebody, shiet!

Get a clue, Bulls are in full tank mode, if you are expecting for them to compete for anything other than a lottery pick next season, you're going to be mightily disappointed.

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Don't forget we got the Bobcats pick.

Noah
Nerlens Noel
Luol Deng
Shabazz Muhammad
Derrick Rose

:bowdown:

What?! :eek: :eek:
Bobcats pick is guaranteed top 5 already...they will have a lot of options next offseason then if they tank. They could package one of the picks for another battle tested player and pick a top 5 rookie too

edit: nvrmind its top 12 protected in 2013...

Geriatric
07-19-2012, 08:37 PM
http://www.blogabull.com/2012/7/18/3168834/bulls-free-agency-rumors-vladimir-radmanovic-to-sign-on-thursday

Fear not Bulls fans! The front office has a target in sight! Our savior may be on his way!

Wait who? Radmanovic? Er...nevermind.:banghead:

97 bulls
07-19-2012, 08:45 PM
I understand what the Bulls FO are doing, but I don't enjoy it as a fan. Next season is a wash. We're going to spend it developing young talent and saving $ to make a bigger push next year in terms of FA or trades. Lee was never going to be what put us into serious contention with the Heat.
So a fourth go around of the Bulls saving money, tanking a few seasons, only to lose big in FA. For those that aren't keep sscore. T

In 99-00 the year after they broke up the championship team, they set their sites on tim duncan, Tracy Mcgrady, and Grant Hill. They settled on Jalen Rose.

Then they tanked again and set their sites on Garnett, and a few other big name FAs. We ended up with Ben Wallace

Then we tanked againin an effort to get James, Wade, Bosh, and co. We settled on Carlos Boozer.

When are we gonna be fed up with the inept FO?

ljsbb27
07-19-2012, 09:58 PM
The Bulls aren't and will not tank this upcoming season.

Are they saving money? Yes. Absolutely. But they aren't going after a lottery pick.

This will still be a playoff team.

Am I frustrated we aren't making any significant moves? Yes.

But do I understand? Yes.

Hank
07-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I guess they figured they couldn't get past the Heat with the team they had even if Rose was healthy

they figured right

I guess the Bulls front office isn't THAT stupid then.

Are they Cheap? yes.

totally out to lunch? no

somewhat inept? probably

eliteballer
07-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Bulls are like the most profitable franchise in the NBA due to high revenue from the influence of the Jordan era and continued frugality of ownership.

It's A VC3!!!
07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
don't worry, the bulls are just imitating how otis smith ran the magic from 2009 and up. he drafted a superstar but failed to put pieces around that superstar. thus resulting in d-rose eventually leaving.:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
07-19-2012, 10:43 PM
So a fourth go around of the Bulls saving money, tanking a few seasons, only to lose big in FA. For those that aren't keep sscore. T

In 99-00 the year after they broke up the championship team, they set their sites on tim duncan, Tracy Mcgrady, and Grant Hill. They settled on Jalen Rose.

Then they tanked again and set their sites on Garnett, and a few other big name FAs. We ended up with Ben Wallace

Then we tanked againin an effort to get James, Wade, Bosh, and co. We settled on Carlos Boozer.

When are we gonna be fed up with the inept FO?

Rose might find himself in a very KG-like situation in 3-4 years. Do you maintain your loyalty, or do you get the **** from under a mediocre front office?

mjokc
07-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Bulls, even with a full healthy squad were overrated as hell and weren't getting past boston / miami any way. I can't think of a team or player as overrated as the late 2000's bulls and Derick rose.

bagelred
07-19-2012, 11:15 PM
The Knicks Front Office let Jeremy Lin go.

Checkmate, my friend.

Tenchi Ryu
07-19-2012, 11:43 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Bulls fans are some of the biggest "What have you done for me lately" fans in the NBA, I swear.

People, calm the fukk down. Teague is gonna need a lil time to develop, but he will be able to replace Watson, and we have Hinrich who imo is better than Watson, and a MUCH better defender.

Deng is at the point where he might not even need surgery, and looks good. Its obvious he's getting healthier, and was able to drop 25 points during the Olympic game today. Noah is still a top 3 C in the east. Our Rose/Noah/Deng core is fine. Hamilton got healthy and averaged 13 points in the postseason, EXACTLY what we asked of him.

In case you are missing it, Jimmy is balling out his mind right now in Summer league, averaging 25 points and like 7 rebounds. GTFO like brewer could produce that. Its not that we didn't value Watson and Brewer, but this is first and foremost a business. That luxury tax will be kicking everyone's ass next summer, and Chicago knows it. You know damn well if there is anything our owner knows, its money.

Korver and Asik will definitely be missed, but the money and assets just don't add up to what's being asked. OP is complaining about not doing nothing...what pieces you trying to ship? What money you got? Nobody wants Boozer, and the pieces we could ship, we need ourselves.

In case some of you forgot, we invested in Nikola who just had another baller season overseas. He's expected to be here in 2014, so just be patient. When that time comes, you know Boozer's ass is gone.

So just chill, WTF are you getting hyper for. You do realize our star just tore his fukkin ACL. Da fukk kind of season are you expecting? A championship contending one?

2012-2013 is all about growing our draft picks, watching the improvement of Gibson, Teague and Butler. You do realize Gibson has to get paid next year, and we definitely are trying to keep him, who's value is higher than Asik IMO.

2013-2014 is when shit gets real again.

flipogb
07-19-2012, 11:54 PM
I understand if they want to tank.

but they should have amnestied Boozer for that.

so now they just look dumb

Tenchi Ryu
07-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I understand if they want to tank.

but they should have amnestied Boozer for that.

so now they just look dumb
To get paid for sitting on his fukkin couch?!

Fukk that, make him work and get some rebounds or something.

G-train
07-20-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't think that Taj Gibson will get paid that much.
He'll be a 29 year old role player 2014.

Tenchi Ryu
07-20-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't think that Taj Gibson will get paid that much.
He'll be a 29 year old role player 2014.
Oh no doubt. But he still has to get paid, and I'd be more willing to overpay him more so than Asik. Gibson is a roleplayer that can be a game changer with his energy and D.

The main reason Asik got so much in the first place is cause of the need for bigs in the league.

TheWINdyCity
07-20-2012, 12:26 AM
u know u enjoy swallowing lebrons semen better.

:lebronamazed:

97 bulls
07-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Bulls, even with a full healthy squad were overrated as hell and weren't getting past boston / miami any way. I can't think of a team or player as overrated as the late 2000's bulls and Derick rose.
I wouldn't say the Bulls are overrated. They have had one of the best records in the league. But they need another legitimate star. That why I can't fathom why they're letting this team break up sorta. They only needed a legit star and they would ran through this league

97 bulls
07-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Oh no doubt. But he still has to get paid, and I'd be more willing to overpay him more so than Asik. Gibson is a roleplayer that can be a game changer with his energy and D.

The main reason Asik got so much in the first place is cause of the need for bigs in the league.
Id be willing to bet that someone will offer Gibson at least 8 mill per. You think the Bulls will be willing to match that?

Tenchi Ryu
07-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Id be willing to bet that someone will offer Gibson at least 8 mill per. You think the Bulls will be willing to match that?
Hell yea...especially after his explosive improvement last year. Not only can he be a defensive powerhouse, he even developed a legit jumper, great post moves, and can bully his way in the paint. He can be a legit offensive option now, and was during the First round against Philly. It was literally him, Deng and Hamilton keeping us afloat that series.

If anyone were to get overpaid, its him IMO. With Asik, you'd be weary cause his offensive game really dampers his value as a player. But with Gibson, he gives you energy, defense and some offense. If I have to overpay someone, I'd want it be a player like Gibson who would earn that paycheck night in and night out.

97 bulls
07-20-2012, 12:41 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Bulls fans are some of the biggest "What have you done for me lately" fans in the NBA, I swear.

People, calm the fukk down. Teague is gonna need a lil time to develop, but he will be able to replace Watson, and we have Hinrich who imo is better than Watson, and a MUCH better defender.

Deng is at the point where he might not even need surgery, and looks good. Its obvious he's getting healthier, and was able to drop 25 points during the Olympic game today. Noah is still a top 3 C in the east. Our Rose/Noah/Deng core is fine. Hamilton got healthy and averaged 13 points in the postseason, EXACTLY what we asked of him.

In case you are missing it, Jimmy is balling out his mind right now in Summer league, averaging 25 points and like 7 rebounds. GTFO like brewer could produce that. Its not that we didn't value Watson and Brewer, but this is first and foremost a business. That luxury tax will be kicking everyone's ass next summer, and Chicago knows it. You know damn well if there is anything our owner knows, its money.

Korver and Asik will definitely be missed, but the money and assets just don't add up to what's being asked. OP is complaining about not doing nothing...what pieces you trying to ship? What money you got? Nobody wants Boozer, and the pieces we could ship, we need ourselves.

In case some of you forgot, we invested in Nikola who just had another baller season overseas. He's expected to be here in 2014, so just be patient. When that time comes, you know Boozer's ass is gone.

So just chill, WTF are you getting hyper for. You do realize our star just tore his fukkin ACL. Da fukk kind of season are you expecting? A championship contending one?

2012-2013 is all about growing our draft picks, watching the improvement of Gibson, Teague and Butler. You do realize Gibson has to get paid next year, and we definitely are trying to keep him, who's value is higher than Asik IMO.

2013-2014 is when shit gets real again.
The Bulls got rid of Korver, Watson, Asik, and Brewer for Hinrich, Teague, Radmonocich, and Butler. Is that an improvement?

G-train
07-20-2012, 12:45 AM
The Bulls got rid of Korver, Watson, Asik, and Brewer for Hinrich, Teague, Radmonocich, and Butler. Is that an improvement?

Seems though that Butler is taking Brewer/Korver minutes, Rip will probably be healthier, and Hinrich is better than Watson overall.
Asik is a loss, but you cant pay a role player 14.5 mil. especially when he isnt really young and has minimal potential.

Tenchi Ryu
07-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Seems though that Butler is taking Brewer/Korver minutes, Rip will probably be healthier, and Hinrich is better than Watson overall.
Asik is a loss, but you cant pay a role player 14.5 mil. especially when he isnt really young and has minimal potential.
Agree with all of this.

To answer you 97, not really an improvement, but not really a loss either imho. More of a wash, which is understandable considering. Thibs is that damn good of a couch were he can carry us at least to 6th seed on coaching alone. And with Rose, we were considered the only team in the East who was in the same league as Miami. No need to change too much when we've only been able to challenge them once. Now if we keep falling to them, then its time to make changes, but until then, we have to try it first.

97 bulls
07-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Hell yea...especially after his explosive improvement last year. Not only can he be a defensive powerhouse, he even developed a legit jumper, great post moves, and can bully his way in the paint. He can be a legit offensive option now, and was during the First round against Philly. It was literally him, Deng and Hamilton keeping us afloat that series.

If anyone were to get overpaid, its him IMO. With Asik, you'd be weary cause his offensive game really dampers his value as a player. But with Gibson, he gives you energy, defense and some offense. If I have to overpay someone, I'd want it be a player like Gibson who would earn that paycheck night in and night out.
You realizze when I say no less I'm assuming someone wwill offer him probably 10 mill per

Tenchi Ryu
07-20-2012, 12:54 AM
You realizze when I say no less I'm assuming someone wwill offer him probably 10 mill per
10 is pushing it, but I can see him getting a 6-8 million deal. Not many BIG MAN role players in this league provide you with instant energy, so that alone is very valuable. I can see a team like Charlotte and maybe even Brooklyn really pushing for him. But he's let it known that he WANTS to be a Bull, and Gar really loves the kid. I also think them letting go of Asik shows that they went on and chose Gibson over Asik, cause remember a few months ago, the issue arose of who would we keep if that moment came.

1rkrage
07-22-2012, 11:32 PM
woohoo our Bench minimums are going to be awesome!

Hank
07-22-2012, 11:52 PM
poor bulls fans. Their team systematically getting flushed down the toilet to obscurity

Cermet
07-23-2012, 06:07 AM
pos motherfukkers can all choke on reinsdorf cheap dick. this off season is worsts than our early exit in the playoffs. i just don't fukking understand... we couldn't even try for courtney lee? this is so fukking frustrating... im starting to wish krause was back at the helm.

The same if not worse can be said to the Blazers. Has quite a lot of cap space and doesn't do shit with it . Cheap pricks

Trentknicks
07-23-2012, 06:56 AM
poor bulls fans. Their team systematically getting flushed down the toilet to obscurity
They are re-stocking their roster with youth and saving a bit of money to make a splash next offseason when Rose is good to go, fool.

Go Getter
07-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Ryu spitting some real shit for these shameful ass so-called Bulls fans.

Calm down mfers this ain't 2k.

longtime lurker
07-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I gotta feel for Bulls fans. All the other contenders are making power moves while the Bulls are pretty much giving up on the season. I understand that the FO wants to cut costs since the Bulls won't be a contender without Rose, but I hate this culture of tanking and "maybe" landing a superstar in the draft vs improving on a solid cast now and being a contender when Rose is fully healthy. The free agent game puts them in a precarious situation at best considering Rose+Noah will be making half the salary cap. Better to build upon what you have now rather than do a half assed rebuild.

Go Getter
07-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I gotta feel for Bulls fans. All the other contenders are making power moves while the Bulls are pretty much giving up on the season. I understand that the FO wants to cut costs since the Bulls won't be a contender without Rose, but I hate this culture of tanking and "maybe" landing a superstar in the draft vs improving on a solid cast now and being a contender when Rose is fully healthy. The free agent game puts them in a precarious situation at best considering Rose+Noah will be making half the salary cap. Better to build upon what you have now rather than do a half assed rebuild.
You make this shit way too simple. With Rose's health in question their hands are really tied.

Go Getter
07-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Weren't you the ********** that spent weeks riding Norris Cole's dick until it became apparent that he is nothing more than a fringe starter at best?

Yeah, your judgment is valued here.....idiot.

longtime lurker
07-23-2012, 08:28 AM
^^^^^^
Maybe I am making shit simplistic, but the Bulls aren't the first team to lose a superstar to a major injury. Instead of saying **** let's blow it up I see the Bulls as still a good team with elite defense. I just think they should make moves to compliment the team until Rose returns versus possibly turning into a loTtery team. I mean they could land a superstar in the draft but that's always a risky gamble.

Bucket_Nakedz
07-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Ryu spitting some real shit for these shameful ass so-called Bulls fans.

Calm down mfers this ain't 2k.
i can't calm down. this has probably been the worst off season for a top bulls team. everybody in the east has made tremendous additions to their team, while we regressed.

seeing kirk back is nice, but he ain't the same player as he was when he left. another thing that irks the shiet out of me is that this fukking front office still haven't re-signed thibs. if you're not planning or trying to go after a viable free agent, at least lock up the man who got you the best record in the nba 2 years in a row.

stop making excuses for these ass clowns. this organization makes so much money off this team only to be fukking penny pinchers.

Bucket_Nakedz
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM
brb gut the bench and destroy the teams core chemistry

sign players that will make minimal or no difference from the ones that was let go

brb haven't re-sign coach in long term deal

brb first round draft most likely will holdout

and you got the nerve to call me shameful? GTFOH wit dat BULLShit!

UtahJazzFan88
08-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Personally, I like what the Bulls are doing, that's if they were bad enough to get a top 10 pick in the draft which they aren't.

Freedom Kid7
08-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Well, if we tank maybe we can get some cool draft picks. I doubt we will though. Thibs'll make sure of it and we'll be first round stuff for a while I think. If Teague doesn't sign we have a problem though because we'll have so little depth at the PG without Rose (Robinson is more of the 'get off the bench and score' guy than a PG). This feels weird going from the top of the regular season to mediocrity :( . I just hope Rose comes back and doesn't screw anything up in his body.