PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Melo wanted Lin gone from Knicks

eliteballer
07-19-2012, 08:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180308/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-family

NumberSix
07-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Melo is such a hoe

LA_Showtime
**** the media. Melo never said he wanted Lin gone. I hate how reputations are taking hits for stuff they don't actually say/do.

SilkkTheShocker
Lin's a bitch, f,uck em

IGotACoolStory
07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
He did or didn't, I still don't like that fat ass.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-19-2012, 08:23 PM
That article is by Henry Abbott. Therefore, did not read.

NumberSix
07-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Lin's a bitch, f,uck em
QFT like a muhfuqqa

StateOfMind12
07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
This isn't news. Melo is just a chucking **** that wants all the attention and all the shots to himself. Lin literally saved him and the Knicks from embarrassment last season.

Knicks will be a 6th seed at best next season and could possibly missed the post-season next season. All I know is Melo isn't winning another playoff series anytime soon.

DuMa
07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
did we really need 6 chapters on this? 6 different pages on this topic?

SilkkTheShocker
07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
QFT like a muhfuqqa

:cheers:

I bash Melo all the time, but im openly rooting for Lin to fail.

NumberSix
07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
This isn't news. Melo is just a chucking **** that wants all the attention and all the shots to himself. Lin literally saved him and the Knicks from embarrassment last season.

Knicks will be a 6th seed at best next season and could possibly missed the post-season next season. All I know is Melo isn't winning another playoff series anytime soon.
I agree with you for once.

NOHCP3
07-19-2012, 08:27 PM
did we really need 6 chapters on this? 6 different pages on this topic?

Was just about to say that... Wtf could he be saying in 6 different articles on the same thing

niko
07-19-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't even care if it's true, no ****ing way i read that many words from Henry Abbot. :lol I'd rather just agree and move on.

Phantom_Blue
07-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Melo was talking about the poison pill aspect of his contract, not the contract itself. :facepalm

I can't believe he started the article like that. Just lost a ton of credibility.

shortsoptional
07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't even care if it's true, no ****ing way i read that many words from Henry Abbot. :lol I'd rather just agree and move on.

Yea... i don't need Henry Abbot to tell me that Melo didn't like Lin.

"It's up to the organization to say [if] they want to match that ridiculous contract that's out there,"

All you have to do is read between the lines of that comment.

shortsoptional
07-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Melo was talking about the poison pill aspect of his contract, not the contract itself. :facepalm

I can't believe he started the article like that. Just lost a ton of credibility.

yes and no.

You could make the case that he might have been talking about that. But if he was talking about that third year, he could have been more specific. And it surely wasn't a ringing endorsement that he wanted him back.... nothing like a "I really want to see him brought back, but that contract is pretty bad."

It's up to management = I don't really care (at best)

And Camby, Kidd, and Novak have contracts that go at least 3 years. So their contracts are going to cause that lux tax hit also. But this wasn't a financial decision as we all know the Knicks could have afforded it, if not traded his expiring deal or used the stretch provision.

It was personal.

Derka
07-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Of course he did. Little ***** bastard was taking all his shine :oldlol:

WockaVodka
07-19-2012, 08:45 PM
It was pretty obvious that Melo was just saving his face when he said that I want him back especially when he had originally said it isn't up to me if he comes back.

Ikill
07-19-2012, 08:47 PM
i still do not understand why people hate Melo so much my god

AK47DR91
07-19-2012, 08:49 PM
The writer lost all credibility when he mentioned race; don't even bring that up as if Melo has any racial bias towards Lin.

If he want to start a conspiracy that Melo wanted Chris Paul to form a "Basketball Family" then that's more believable.

NOHCP3
07-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Read it. It's mostly conjecture. The CAA stuff seems like a stretch and while the part about Melo feeling like Lin got an undeserved and higher level of love may seem like its plausible and strictly coming from the source of his ass

Da KO King
07-19-2012, 09:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180308/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-family
One of the worst articles I've read in a while. Tons of speculation presented as fact.

TheBigVeto
07-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Melo is scared Lin's going to be the GOAT Knick.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Fat Ass

GOBB
07-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Sports media using Lin to get a story read? Alrighty then.

Hank
07-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm guessing melo hated not getting the attention. And they were winning games for a good stretch when he was out hurt. That must have hit him hard inside

Ikill
07-19-2012, 09:28 PM
melo hated not getting the attention. And they were winning games for a good stretch when he was out hurt. That must have hit him hard inside
he probably doesn't give a ****

PickernRoller
07-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Abbot with a story on Jeremy Lin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

hawkfan
07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
If Kidd gets hurt, and Felton gets hurt, which is not out of the question (since Kidd is 40 and Felton has had weight issues), the Knicks won't make the playoffs.

Ikill
07-19-2012, 09:33 PM
If Kidd gets hurt, and Felton gets hurt, which is not out of the question (since Kidd is 40 and Felton has had weight issues), the Knicks won't make the playoffs.
Kidd has 6 straight seasons of playing 80+ seasons before this year Felton hasn't missed under 75 games in his career yet.

asd
07-19-2012, 10:12 PM

whatever Melo was referring to, considering that the guy has A PORTRAIT OF HIMSELF IN HIS LIVING ROOM, it's pretty clear that he didn't want to share the spotlight with Lin

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/carmelo-anthony-portrait/

look at that sh*t. this fool thinks he's james bond or something.

Mach_3
07-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Who the fcuk cares about at best a back up point guard? I mean really? Abbott's dumba.ss acting like Lin is the final puzzle piece for the Knicks and sh1t :facepalm

fos
07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
whatever Melo was referring to, considering that the guy has A PORTRAIT OF HIMSELF IN HIS LIVING ROOM, it's pretty clear that he didn't want to share the spotlight with Lin

PSYCHO.

Droid101
07-19-2012, 10:33 PM

Not to be weird, but I have a silhouette portrait of myself in my bedroom.

I ****ing rule.

niko
07-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Considering the author, the fact its on ESPN and it's SIX ****ING PAGES introspective article (again) from ESPN, im having trouble with people wanting to use it at this definitive source.

Can't wait till Lin sucks it up and people say MELO WANTED HIM TO STAY. WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

CelticBaller
07-19-2012, 10:37 PM

Nothing wrong with that :confusedshrug:

asd
07-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Nothing wrong with that :confusedshrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Myth
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Yea... i don't need Henry Abbot to tell me that Melo didn't like Lin.

"It's up to the organization to say [if] they want to match that ridiculous contract that's out there,"

All you have to do is read between the lines of that comment.

This was my first thought as well. No teammate that wanted a player on his team complained about the contract his teammate was getting.

NumberSix
07-19-2012, 11:46 PM
NumberSix

ispin69
07-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Melo is CANCER. He will never win a ring as the alpha dog. BOOK IT.

ballashotcalla
07-20-2012, 01:03 AM
of course he wanted lin gone.

superstar status means being the most liked most popular player.

boozehound
07-20-2012, 01:07 AM
which enabled us to create this fantastic, very large and abstract piece that we love.

WTF is abstract about that shit. Dude smeared a bunch of blue paint around a pretty lame headshot. wtf? I could tell he had terrible taste based on his tats, but this takes classless to a new fukcin low.

Cosmonaut
07-20-2012, 01:43 AM
This is why the Knicks are the biggest joke in the NBA. If I was a Knick fan I would switch teams until Dolan and Melo are gone, they are cancers to that team and will always ruin whatever potential the team could have.

Knicksfever2010
07-20-2012, 02:04 AM
i think melo wanted lin gone so they could get cp3. HELLOOOOO DYNASTY :)

ripthekik
07-20-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm not going to read that bullcrap, but anyone with a sense will know Melo did not enjoy the Linsanity times..

HE was supposed to be the savior, the hero that saved Knicks. He wanted all the love and attention. Instead, he never got it. He kept losing. The love from the fans that Lin got during Linsanity was exactly the way Melo envisioned when he went to NY. Then all the winning, and people started questioning Melo? It got to him.

Cladyclad
07-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Melo didnt mean ridiculous in a bad way. I dont think

07-20-2012, 09:00 AM
:cheers:

I bash Melo all the time, but im openly rooting for Lin to fail.

That's great. Even Adolf Hitler would root against both Melo and Lin. It's about the White players who need to be the stars. The NBA has had enough black players as the stars. The White players need to take their game back because it belongs to the White players and populace.

Blue&Orange
07-20-2012, 09:37 AM
It's up to management = I don't really care (at best)

What a ****ing retard!! :lol

So it was up to who? Melo? Melo should match and pay Lin contract :lol

Retards, they are everywhere...

:lol

shortsoptional
07-20-2012, 11:10 AM
What a ****ing retard!! :lol

So it was up to who? Melo? Melo should match and pay Lin contract :lol

Retards, they are everywhere...

:lol

Nice use of the :lol 's

I understand that you're going to defend your team and being that Melo is the one who is with the Knicks now and Lin is not. But I never said Melo "made the decision". I said he didn't want Lin there. And i'm not the only one who feels that way being that even ESPN this morning is reporting it. Many of us could read between the lines with what he said and his attitude towards the topic.

Also, you may want to use a different term other than "retards". That can be a pretty offensive word to people on this forum that have loved ones affected by metal disorders.

But awesome rebuttal and explanations as to why you feel the opposite. Bravo.

Blue&Orange
07-20-2012, 12:47 PM
But awesome rebuttal and explanations as to why you feel the opposite. Bravo.
Advice, try to not sound like a moron before expecting awesome rebuttal and explanations...

Find me a Knick fan that wasn't upset with the new Rockets offer and didn't thought it was ridiculous... I guess Knicks fans didn't want Lin in the team also. :rolleyes:

If Melo wanted Lin out, why would he sound angry with the possibility of Lin leaving... pretty basic stuff.

Oh bu-bu-bu ESPN also thinks... :facepalm

Linspired
07-20-2012, 12:48 PM
henry abbott? lol he is an attention wh.ore. dude writes a novel about everything we know already few days after the saga was over. what a douche, what a loser :facepalm

staywhite
07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Melo= Ball stopper, coach killer, never makes anyone better around him.

After seeing the POS in the stop snitching rap video, I always go against him.

Lebron wants to win, this guy does not.

shortsoptional
07-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Advice, try to not sound like a moron before expecting awesome rebuttal and explanations...

Find me a Knick fan that wasn't upset with the new Rockets offer and didn't thought it was ridiculous... I guess Knicks fans didn't want Lin in the team also. :rolleyes:

If Melo wanted Lin out, why would he sound angry with the possibility of Lin leaving... pretty basic stuff.

Oh bu-bu-bu ESPN also thinks... :facepalm

Lol... you show me where he's mad that Lin is gone. He's got a shit eating grin on his face the whole time. "uhh... I'm happy for him, but didn't want him to leave so soon" He's damn near laughing as he says this.

Leave your personal insults for high school, kid.

Saying that Melo wanted Lin gone is not a stretch and doesn't make me a moron for havin that opinion. Many people, beyond ESPN and on this message board, think the same. I used ESPN as an example as to how wide spread the thought is.

My point had nothing to do with what Knick fans thought. It had to do with my opinion that Melo wanted Lin gone.

Just by reading your responses, i can tell that you're not interested in having an intelligent discussion about this. You're more consumed with calling people retards and morons for having an opinion about something that many people feel the same way about.

If you having nothing of use to contribute to the discussion, i'd suggest just not talking at all because at this point, you're making yourself seem uninformed.

unbreakable
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
knicks will regret this forever.

CelticBaller
07-20-2012, 03:50 PM

and lin will be leading a team into the lottery :oldlol:

Blue&Orange
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Lol... you show me where he's mad that Lin is gone. He's got a shit eating grin on his face the whole time. "uhh... I'm happy for him, but didn't want him to leave so soon" He's damn near laughing as he says this.

So after a dozen of threads on how Melo was mad, he wasn't mad after all, come on Ish make up your mind... :lol

Saying that Melo wanted Lin gone is not a stretch and doesn't make me a moron for havin that opinion.

You're right on this, havin that opinion because Melo said "it's up to the management" like you said, doesn't make u a moron, makes u a retard, like i said before.

Just by reading your responses, i can tell that you're not interested in having an intelligent discussion about this.
You wanted a intelligent discussion on Melo wanting Lin gone? :lol

you're making yourself seem uninformed.
Says the guy that quotes ESPN. :lol

Seriously, i'm done here, hope u find someone that is able to have a really intelligent and refreshing discussion on Melo wanting Lin gone.., it's not like it was Melo that asked D'Antoni to start Lin :rolleyes:

DCL
07-20-2012, 04:39 PM
espn stirring sh!t up again.

17 gone already. drama's over. move on. sh!t.

shortsoptional
07-20-2012, 04:41 PM
That's cool man, I think i'm done too.

Thanks for just repeating questions, calling names, and giving no reasons as to why you think something, only that ish needs to make up it's mind, I'm a retard for having an opinion and the rest. Nice talking to you.

NumberSix
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Melo is a loser.

He'll never win a championship, at least not as a major player. Maybe when he's 38, he'll win a ring as a non-factor, riding the bench like Juwan Howard. That's about it.

He's not a winner and he never will be.

Scoooter
07-20-2012, 05:08 PM
The Knicks are immune to regret. That's why they're run the way they are.

Da KO King
07-20-2012, 05:36 PM
You over-rate Jeremy Lin's ability greatly