DuMa
07-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Magic HIV announcement.

Zedja
07-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Lakers getting raped by the Celtics in 2008

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Why is the Bias death considered so tragic? That man died from using cocaine. Doesn't seem like someone that would ever reach his potential in the nba.

D.J.
07-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Just to add some others:

-Roy Tarpley being banned
-Malik Sealy's death
-Bobby Phills' death
-Barkley being robbed of MVP

D.J.
Why is the Bias death considered so tragic? That man died from using cocaine. Doesn't seem like someone that would ever reach his potential in the nba.

He was compared to Jordan.

Linspired

he was supposed to be the 2nd coming. my friend who was a die hard celtics fans wept like a little baby. lol

MisterAmazing
07-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Shaq & Kobe's last game together, losing the 'chip to the Pistons in 04

HardwoodLegend
07-23-2012, 12:20 AM
- Orlando Magic's Game 7 in the 2003 Playoffs against the Detroit Pistons (kind of funny at the same time though :lol )
- T-Mac enduring that 19 game losing streak that wasn't his fault to begin the 2004 season with the Orlando Magic
- T-Mac's injury that required microfracture surgery
- Any time T-Mac crumbled to the floor with back spasms

jbot
07-23-2012, 12:21 AM
5. death of eddie griffin

this definitely wasn't.

for me, i'd say when the era of being able to play decent defense disappeared was saddest.

BuffaloBill
07-23-2012, 12:21 AM
When Iverson cut his braids :cry:

StateOfMind12
07-23-2012, 12:23 AM
When they took away hand-checking.

This is a good point. I've never understood why people felt sorry for him when he died due to idiotic decision making. It's not like he was hit by a car or was murdered or something. He died because of his own idiotic choice. He went to college too so he should have known better.

HardwoodLegend
07-23-2012, 12:25 AM
I cry watching that clip of Bernard King making his return to the court on the Knicks after his serious knee injury.

The crowd gave one of the longest standing O's I've ever heard.

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2012, 12:26 AM
He was compared to Jordan.
Any old nba heads know why Daugherty still got picked 1st?

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2012, 12:29 AM

This is a good point. I've never understood why people felt sorry for him when he died due to idiotic decision making. It's not like he was hit by a car or was murdered or something. He died because of his own idiotic choice. He went to college too so he should have known better.
Exactly. The guy is already doing coke before even plays and NBA game. Seems more likely to be the next Wiliam Bedford or Chris Washburn. That draft was loaded with problem players. I remember reading old transcripts of GMs talking about the 86 draft class. Really interesting stuff

kennethgriffin
07-23-2012, 12:30 AM
saddest can include pathetic

heat wwe celebration of colluding day predicting 8 championships

probably the saddest most insulting most embarrasing day in basketball history

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Sad and pathetic really don't mean the same thing. When something is sad, you usually feel sympathy. Kind of a stretch on your part.

D.J.
07-23-2012, 12:38 AM

Because he was the top center coming out of college and you build your team around big men.

dunksby
07-23-2012, 12:39 AM
MJ quitting to play baseball. Magic announcing he was HIV positive although now in retrospect it's sad cause he retired considering the fact that he could have very well played much longer.

Rowe
07-23-2012, 12:39 AM

Because he destroyed "Never Nervous Pervis" Ellison & the Louisville Cardinals in the NCAA Tournament. Louisville went on to win the Championship that year and Pervis Ellison became viewed as the Greatest Freshman in NCAA history.

Daugherty has 1 game where he looks like Hakeem Olajuwon did in the 94 NBA Finals and Cleveland was convinced he was the next great Center.

Round Mound
07-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Barkley`s Move To Houston

PistolPete44
07-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Reggie Lewis...Connie hawkins

T-Time3
07-23-2012, 01:49 AM
- Magic's hiv announcement
- Kings being robbed by donaghy and the lakers on 2000 wcf
- when greg oden had his injury before his first nba season
- when t-mac got his microfracture surgery
- when yao announce his retirement
- when brandon roy announce his retirement
- when dolan took over the knicks

Derka
07-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Drazen Petrovic is a clear #1.

Game 4, 1987 - Magic's junior hook over McHale.

Then...Magic gets HIV. God works in mysterious ways like that. Just kidding, don't get antsy!

Larry laying on his stomach to deal with the back pain.

SyRyanYang
07-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Yao's retirement
Portland lost players due to injury (Roy, Oden etc.)
Tmac

andgar923
07-23-2012, 02:00 AM
Def Magic's retirement.

Not only was it a sad day for the NBA, it was a significant occasion for the world in general.

loot
07-23-2012, 02:00 AM
8. The start of the 2001 season as a Pacers fan (been a rough 11 years)
7. Ron Artest comes back from the brawl suspension just to ask for a trade
6. Prince stuffs Reggie, then Pistons go on to knock us out.
5. Pacers trade Antonio Davis for the #5 pick and then pick up Jonathan Bender over Wally Z, Rip, Andre Miller, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry, Artest, Maggette, Kenny Thomas, AK47, Manu and Wang Zhi Zhi
4. Jeff Foster untimley retirement
3. Larry Bird steps down, Donnie Walsh is brought back
2. Reggie Miller Retires
1. Pacers lose to lakers in NBA finals

Sawbucks23
07-23-2012, 02:32 AM
-NBA players can't show their emotions (getting upset over a call) without worrying about getting a techical foul
-NBA promoting individual play over team play
-NBA still searching for the next Jordan instead of enjoying the current players
-The game became less physical
-Seeing Jordan play as a Wizard (even though he was still able to play at that age)
-Sir Charles, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller....etc....great players that were never able to win a ring

Knicksfever2010
07-23-2012, 02:43 AM
john starks 2-18 in game 7, 2nd on the list is starks getting his shot blocked by olujawon in game 6 at the buzzer

oooh wait i didnt think about 1993, game 5 against the bulls when charles smith missed FOUR layup chances. BTW he was fouled on atleast 2 of those :confusedshrug:

mrbigshot1
07-23-2012, 02:57 AM
When Dumars traded Billups for AI.

dab0yech0
07-23-2012, 03:02 AM
-The whole Clippers 02 season with Andre Miller
-Shaun Livingston going up for a layup vs the Bobcats and destroying his knee
-Raja Bell 3pter over Daniel Ewing

RIP CITY
07-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Not really a one day event but one of the saddest things in NBA history for me was Grant Hill getting his peak/prime years cut in half by the ankle injury. Would have went down as the 2nd Greatest SF of All-Time behind Larry Bird (LeBron would eventually pass him but you get my point).

1988 NBA Finals Game 6: The Phantom Call that stole a Championship from the Pistons.

SAKOTXA
07-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Reggie Miller retiring.
Magic HIV
2003 Lakers - Spurs series, Horry's in and out miss. Could have been a 4th straight championship :(
2006 Tim Thomas, enough said.
08 Lakers-Celtics game 4, it hurt more than game 6.

**** you Timmy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_wykgldWLU&feature=fvwrel

Lakers Legend#32
07-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Magic's HIV Announcement.
The Day Or Sonics Were Stolen From Us to B#m****, OKC

Scoooter
07-23-2012, 04:25 AM
I think I read Jay Bilas' take on the Len Bias thing (I think it was Jay Bilas), where he likened to a sort of historic watershed moment for the sports world. Like JFK's assassination or 9/11, everyone of the appropriate generation remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. And it's almost like his entire life has become reduced and distilled down into a simple, iconic cautionary tale; you mention Len Bias and just about everyone knows what you're talking about.

I suppose Magic's HIV announcement would also fit the bill. They were both emblematic in a very public sense of the respective epidemics (drugs in the 80's, especially "urban" drugs like cocaine and crack, and the still burgeoning AIDS epidemic) of their day, and served to cast a new light on the associated cultural taboos.

SyRyanYang
07-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Reggie Miller retiring.
Magic HIV
2003 Lakers - Spurs series, Horry's in and out miss. Could have been a 4th straight championship :(
2006 Tim Thomas, enough said.
08 Lakers-Celtics game 4, it hurt more than game 6.

**** you Timmy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_wykgldWLU&feature=fvwrel
**** you Timmy :( :( :(

Mike Rice
07-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Brandon Roy's retirement. Nothing else comes close.

Thank the Lord, he is back!

senelcoolidge
07-23-2012, 05:43 AM
As a kid I was a fan of Reggie Lewis, his passing was sad. I was watching the game when he collapsed.

Poetry
07-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Def Magic's retirement.

Not only was it a sad day for the NBA, it was a significant occasion for the world in general.

Seriously, i remember it damn near stopped the world when i was a kid. Everyone thought Magic was going to die.

Kews1
07-23-2012, 05:53 AM

How do you know that he was a constant cocaine user? He may of only used cocaine that one time and that might have been all it took to kill him. Many of the players in the NBA would be using drugs in the off-season. Its not a huge deal, the death of anybody especially people with such potential and people who hadn't done anything wrong is a sad thing.

- and no doing drugs when we don't no how often he did them does not count as something wrong.

alenleomessi
07-23-2012, 06:44 AM
kobe getting his first ring in 2009

Punpun
07-23-2012, 06:57 AM
kobe getting his first ring in 2009

Fourth ring.

code green
07-23-2012, 07:02 AM
How do you know that he was a constant cocaine user? He may of only used cocaine that one time and that might have been all it took to kill him. Many of the players in the NBA would be using drugs in the off-season. Its not a huge deal, the death of anybody especially people with such potential and people who hadn't done anything wrong is a sad thing.

- and no doing drugs when we don't no how often he did them does not count as something wrong.

According to Bill Simmons, pretty much everyone was doing coke back then.''

I remember Bobby Phills' death being sadder than Eddie Griffin.

Sonic R
07-23-2012, 07:04 AM
1988 NBA Finals Game 6: The Phantom Call that stole a Championship from the Pistons.

THIS!!
what was sad about this game? Isiah Thomas hurting his ankle, and then has the greatest quarter in NBA finals history... putting his career on the line for a championship, THEN, having it all taken away on a bogus foul call... :(

madmax17
07-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Death of Bison Dele? Wasn't playing basketball at the time but still young, could have made a comeback, killed by his brother of all people :(

Kobe 4 The Win
07-23-2012, 07:31 AM
1. Yao announcing his retirement
2. MJ in tears during his final allstar game
3. death of petrovic
4. Magic's AIDS announcement

what's yours?

Magic Johnson didn't announce that he had AIDS dude. It was HIV and no they aren't the same thing. Yao retiring and Jordan crying at an all-star game is sadder than two guys dying? That's some cold blooded shit right there.

Optimus Prime
07-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Watching Phil leaving the Lakers bench for the last time after the loss to the Mavs.

:cry:

To make matters even worse he then got replaced by ... Mike Brown.:wtf: :banghead: :hammerhead:

PJ ... greatest coach of all time.:applause: :bowdown:

:kobe:

Raz
07-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Death of Len Bias

I was too young to witness this. For me it was Reggie Lewis dying. He was my favorite player

Boki4MVP
07-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Hakeem going to toronto.

Bertz
07-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Not the saddest day I guess, but one event that immediately comes to mind is the day Lorenzen Wright's body was found, 28 july 2010.

TheBigVeto
07-23-2012, 09:25 AM
David Stern became commissioner.

Hank
07-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Wade injury in the 2005 ECF when the Heat were up 3 games to 2 on the defending champion Pistons. With Wade hurt the Pistons rolled in the last 2. Heat would have won the title that year in just Wade's 2nd year playing like a beast with his all around game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjKej92KcQs

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSoPh7k4lb0

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcmgy89_DNs

Linspired
07-23-2012, 10:25 AM
this definitely wasn't.

for me, i'd say when the era of being able to play decent defense disappeared was saddest.

the list was kinda personal for me.

i had seton hall ties, and i became a big griffin fan briefly. it was just sad to see him die and never pan out.

BlueandGold
07-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Exactly. The guy is already doing coke before even plays and NBA game. Seems more likely to be the next Wiliam Bedford or Chris Washburn. That draft was loaded with problem players. I remember reading old transcripts of GMs talking about the 86 draft class. Really interesting stuff
Your an idiot if you think nobody experiments with themselves (and others) at that age. Many successful and notable people have done drugs before they even turned 16. Hell Obama even admitted he experimented with hard drugs before he was even 16. The circumstances around Bias' death was murky at best. No one just drops dead after a line or two or coke, unless it was 100% pure uncut coke from a lab (even the best coke is probably 60% pure at best).

I myself and also other people that i've known have experimented with drugs even before my senior year of high school. This isn't some movie where you do a line of coke and your life is in shambles forever and your on the street begging for crack. coke, heroin, any recreational drug can be used in moderation and in a healthy manner just like alcohol or marijuana, it's just the cultural stigma and of posters like you that perpetuate them that makes them get blown up in epic proportions.

dzav323
07-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Kobe's rape case. He was my favorite player and childhood idol growing up and even pulled for LA most of the time. Still remember to the day, I was watching ESPNNEWS and it rolled across as breaking news and I've never been more disappointed in my life. Multiple jerseys and jersey-T's all gone to waste. Never looked at Kobe the same way and lost all respect for him.

LBJDW305
07-23-2012, 10:57 AM

Maybe if you suck Kobe's pecker good enough he might pay for your education. Keep trying man.

Saddest day for me was Alonzo mournings retirement. Dude was the heart and soul of Miami. Mad love and respect for Zo.

guy
07-23-2012, 11:02 AM

Wow man get off your high horse. Like you and no one else have ever made bad decisions. Yes, you should feel sorry for someone making 1 bad decision at 22 years old that had that horrible of a life impact. Its called being human.

hawke812
07-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Kobe's rape case. He was my favorite player and childhood idol growing up and even pulled for LA most of the time. Still remember to the day, I was watching ESPNNEWS and it rolled across as breaking news and I've never been more disappointed in my life. Multiple jerseys and jersey-T's all gone to waste. Never looked at Kobe the same way and lost all respect for him.

All because he did not want to rape you? I did not know women could be this jealous :confusedshrug:

lilgodfather1
07-23-2012, 11:04 AM
The day LeBron was robbed of his 3rd straight MVP, and to me the day the Cavs lost to the Spurs in the finals.

guy
07-23-2012, 11:04 AM

It doesn't seem like it. That doesn't make it not a tragic story. I can understand not feeling sorry for someone like Joe Paterno who died in shame after continuously covering a crime that harmed people, but not this.

Detroit
07-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned but the saddest day in the past 5 years was when Rasheed Wallace retired.

Dude was a baller and didn't hold back from speaking his mind:bowdown:

It's A VC3!!!
07-23-2012, 11:28 AM
The fixing of kings vs lakers WCF game is the worst tragedy David stern and the referees created. ****ing pitiful.

Cladyclad
07-23-2012, 01:04 PM
MJ pops getting murdered

DKLaker
07-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Death of Len Bias

Why do Celtic fans mention Len Bias who never played a single NBA game and not Reggie Lewis????? If you don't know about him, look him up!!!!

Legends66NBA7
07-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Why do Celtic fans mention Len Bias who never played a single NBA game and not Reggie Lewis????? If you don't know about him, look him up!!!!

It's really sad that they both died. Set back the Celtics for some years after the 80's mini dynasty.

Hopefully, we never see anybody collapse on the court again and not come back.

ukplayer4
07-23-2012, 01:15 PM
the day the nba rigged the title outcome- game 6 2002 western conference finals. only time ever before or since there was 100% certainty of a rigged game. saddest and lowest point for the nba by far.

AK47DR91
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
I think it's because Bias never got a chance to truly show his skills in the NBA and why he was the #2 overall pick. He was predicted to take the torch from Bird and carry the Celtics into the 90's, possibly even rivaling Jordan.

Lewis was a late 1st Rounder and wasn't really projected to be a franchise player. He exploded in 92 Playoffs once he got that opportunity.

We could have had a Bias & Lewis vs Jordan & Pippen, but we'll never know. :(

Rab
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Death of Reggie Lewis would be up there for me. Dude was just coming into his own for the C's after Bird couldn't play anymore.

bd#1pguard
07-23-2012, 04:55 PM
1. tim donaghy
2. if he doesnt come back, baron davis knee injury
3. rule changes i.e instant tech for caring about the game

Killbot
07-23-2012, 06:01 PM
The Day Or Sonics Were Stolen From Us to B#m****, OKC

This.

Kensta
07-23-2012, 07:16 PM
When JR Smith came back to the NBA

tmacattack33
07-23-2012, 07:35 PM
1. Yao announcing his retirement
2. MJ in tears during his final allstar game
3. death of petrovic
4. Magic's AIDS announcement

what's yours?

?

That dude was a let down, I'm glad he's gone.

FKAri
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
?

how was he a let down?

Linspired
07-23-2012, 07:52 PM
?

yao is a definition of class. he was witty, smart, kind, caring, understanding, and a naturally likable character. Yao was likable, period. he let you down because he was hurt, but when he was on the court he made you wet your pants. you've never seen a dude so big with such a crafty move. no center other than hakeem had better footwork and post moves in last 30 years. had he been 7ft 3 with long arm, yao would've probably go down as top 4 greatest center of all time. it's too bad he had to be too damn tall.

and don't deny it. deep inside you love yao. and yao loves you back.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/2/17/6d5179c3-89f8-433e-9170-a949e5bee205.jpg

Linspired
07-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned but the saddest day in the past 5 years was when Rasheed Wallace retired.

Dude was a baller and didn't hold back from speaking his mind:bowdown:

i do miss his crop circle. i always wanted to touch it for some reason. it's an itch i can't scratch for the rest of my life.

DirtySanchez
07-23-2012, 07:57 PM
1. Magic HIV announcement hands down
2. Jordan winning title number four and brought to tears thinking about his pops
3. Len Bias when he passed
4. The brawl at the Palace. Black eye for the NBA and all of us NBA fans
5. Every time the Lakers lose a signal game.....pisses me off

tmacattack33
07-23-2012, 08:00 PM
how was he a let down?

He did not perform up to the level that many said he would.

That's not his fault, but that's what comes with being a number one pick and being hyped as the next great thing in basketball.

Smoke117
07-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Magic AIDS announcement is hardly one of the saddest days in NBA history. You screw a bunch of skanks bareback and that is what you get. I feel no empathy for the guy.

Mach_3
07-23-2012, 09:42 PM

1st going to college does NOT mean you are an intelligent individual, there are plenty of dumbasses in college. And he was a damn beast in college which is why it's sad at least to me. I never got to see how good he could have been in the NBA

Mach_3
07-23-2012, 09:45 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

ihoopallday
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
When LeBron won his first championship. Very sad day for the haters. Suicide rates across the country increased by 45%.

Mach_3
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Magic AIDS announcement is hardly one of the saddest days in NBA history. You screw a bunch of skanks bareback and that is what you get. I'm feel no empathy for the guy.

Also this. Although i do feel at least a little bit sad for him

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Magic HIV announcement.
this

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Magic AIDS announcement is hardly one of the saddest days in NBA history. You screw a bunch of skanks bareback and that is what you get. I'm feel no empathy for the guy.
It was a sad day in the NBA whether you feel sorry for him or not.

JD_TO
07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
1. Magic HIV announcement hands down
2. Jordan winning title number four and brought to tears thinking about his pops
3. Len Bias when he passed
4. The brawl at the Palace. Black eye for the NBA and all of us NBA fans
5. Every time the Lakers lose a signal game.....pisses me off
I hate losing signal games as well they are so rare and mean so much for playoff and championship contending we should do away with those damn signal games

dzav323
07-23-2012, 10:15 PM
How has this not been posted yet???

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/newhornets.jpg

red1
07-23-2012, 10:32 PM
How has this not been posted yet???

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/newhornets.jpg
:lol :oldlol: :roll: how depressed are these guys? look like they just got done sucking dick at gunpoint

e-LIMON-ators
07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
My Saddest Day is the Day when I realized AI was old. It really sucked seeing your favorite player as a shell of himself. I mean...I watched EVERY single game he ever played in. It was killing me when the NBA blackballed him out of the league.

Also when Derrick Rose went down. I was so sure that that Bulls team had a realistic shot of beating the Heat. They were better than the year before & Rose was better too. I stayed away from anything basketball for like 3 weeks. I was just in shock. This was a guy who I've rooted for since his Junior year in High School & was positive he was a once in a lifetime player. I became of fan of his when he DESTROYED my high school. It just sucked such a good guy had to have an injury like that.

pauk
07-23-2012, 11:22 PM
3. Death of Petrovic

IamSofaKing
07-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Death of Len Bias

Beat me to it.

What if he didnt OD?

Dictator
07-23-2012, 11:27 PM
2012 miami heat champions: Lebron fmvp

:lebroncry: :lebroncry: :coleman:

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
So Bias was supposed to rival Jordan but wasnt even picked 1st. Got it.

spiegel
07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Olajuwon being traded to Toronto.
Ralph Sampson premature retierment.
Rudy T coaching Lakers.
Clyde the Glyde retier.
Bison Williams death.
Charles Barkleys last game.
Yao hanging it up
Tmac
Stockton's 3 in the WCF
Jazz series losses
Moses Malone being traded to philly
JVG being sacked
Adelman Sacked
Dragic to Suns
Lowry crying
Dan Langhi being drafted by the Rockets
Eddie Griffen's death
Calvin Murphy being charged with pedophilia
Drazen Petrovich death.
Malik Sealy, Bobby Phills, Buck Williams an Waymen Tisdales deaths

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Olajuwon being traded to Toronto.
Ralph Sampson premature retierment.
Rudy T coaching Lakers.
Clyde the Glyde retier.
Bison Williams death.
Charles Barkleys last game.
Yao hanging it up
Tmac
Stockton's 3 in the WCF
Moses Malone being traded to philly
JVG being sacked
Adelman Sacked
Wouldn't say the Stockton 3 was sad. The Rockets fell apart the last few minutes of that game. Sedale Theratt got his ass handed to him by Stockton on those final minutes. Too bad because that Rockets run was fun to watch. Still remember Drexler's turnaround jumpshot to beat the Sonics a few weeks earlier

spiegel
07-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Wouldn't say the Stockton 3 was sad. The Rockets fell apart the last few minutes of that game. Sedale Theratt got his ass handed to him by Stockton on those final minutes. Too bad because that Rockets run was fun to watch. Still remember Drexler's turnaround jumpshot to beat the Sonics a few weeks earlier
Malones clear Illegal moving screen didnt help either.

Bandito
07-24-2012, 12:10 AM
When Iverson cut his braids :cry:
tru dat! End of an era...

BGriffin's Dad
07-24-2012, 12:15 AM
remember this season NJ fans?

http://i.imgur.com/0HGbs.jpg

wasnt very long ago :lol

Stuckey
07-24-2012, 12:26 AM
When Dumars traded Billups for AI.

that was a depressing time

guy
07-24-2012, 01:14 AM
My Saddest Day is the Day when I realized AI was old. It really sucked seeing your favorite player as a shell of himself. I mean...I watched EVERY single game he ever played in. It was killing me when the NBA blackballed him out of the league.

Also when Derrick Rose went down. I was so sure that that Bulls team had a realistic shot of beating the Heat. They were better than the year before & Rose was better too. I stayed away from anything basketball for like 3 weeks. I was just in shock. This was a guy who I've rooted for since his Junior year in High School & was positive he was a once in a lifetime player. I became of fan of his when he DESTROYED my high school. It just sucked such a good guy had to have an injury like that.

Feel your pain. Was looking forward to the playoffs for a very long time like I do every year and really thought the Bulls were going to go deep and just had the life sucked out of me. I remember feeling very optimistic and thinking he'll be able to go 3 days later for game 2. And it was probably like 4 hours where they announced he's out the rest of the year. Easily the most disappointed I've ever been over an injury.

AI was my favorite player after Jordan. I totally feel your pain on that too. What's even worse is that I feel sorry for him. The way he went out and now his almost begging for a spot somewhere and no team giving him even a shot is somewhat pathetic. And that last appearance he made in the playoff game in Philly was just sad. I almost didn't want to watch it.