PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf: "Id trade all six of the Bulls rings for one White Sox ring

97 bulls
07-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I cant believe he said this. Why is he still an owner of an nba franchise? Hes made it blatantly clear hes not commited to winning. Why do Bulls fans defend this clown? And the organization?

http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/0610.html

AK47DR91
07-23-2012, 06:50 PM
The Chi-Sox won a World Series in 2005. That's more recently than 1998.

Legends66NBA7
07-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, but that article was written before the White Sox won the World Series in 2005.

Before that, the White Sox had a World Series drought going back to 1917.

MiseryCityTexas
07-23-2012, 06:53 PM
biggest troll in the nba. he trolled mj for the longest.

PJR
07-23-2012, 06:55 PM
He's not the most passionate about basketball. And how he operates the Bulls is indicative as such.

1rkrage
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
I wish the Bulls were owned by someone as carefree with money as Prokhorov

Nash
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
WHAT!!? He'd trade away the Jordan rings? The rings that made him everything he is? White Sox can win 1 or 10 rings, still wouldn't compare to what Jordan made to his franchise.

Feck him, I ain't even a Bulls fan and this pisses me off. No appreciation to the best player ever and one of the best teams in sports, ever.

Baseball is a shit sport nobody in the world cares about, Jordan is a legend in every corner of this world.

97 bulls
07-23-2012, 07:06 PM
I wish the Bulls were owned by someone as carefree with money as Prokhorov
Id be happy with just commited. But for the longest, I wondered why in the hell can the Bulls not land a major FA. This is why

Soundwave
07-23-2012, 08:44 PM
What a loser.

No wonder the Bulls have done jack sh*t since Jordan left, they need ownership that's as committed and hungry to win as franchises like the Lakers and Heat.

Hank
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
That's why the Bulls will never win again as long as he's around. The Bulls also have people in their FO who are against each other and don't see eye-to-eye.

You need a great first-class front office like the Arison family and Pat Riley to get things done

D-Rose
07-23-2012, 09:24 PM
WHAT!!? He'd trade away the Jordan rings? The rings that made him everything he is? White Sox can win 1 or 10 rings, still wouldn't compare to what Jordan made to his franchise.

Feck him, I ain't even a Bulls fan and this pisses me off. No appreciation to the best player ever and one of the best teams in sports, ever.

Baseball is a shit sport nobody in the world cares about, Jordan is a legend in every corner of this world.
:oldlol:

Future negged.

Tenchi Ryu
07-23-2012, 10:05 PM
You have no idea what the fukk you just said.

hawksdogsbraves
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM

Baseball is more profitable and popular than basketball, sorry buddy :confusedshrug:

dgaras
07-23-2012, 10:07 PM

well i agree with that at least

and more profitable doesnt mean its better. grow up

hawksdogsbraves
07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
well i agree with that at least

and more profitable doesnt mean its better. grow up

? I never said it was 'better', it being 'better' is completely subjective anyway.

It is more popular and profitable though, people on ISH tend to write the whole sport off like it's hockey.

dak121
07-23-2012, 10:22 PM
I follow baseball but it is by far the most boring of the 4 major sports in this country.

Nash
07-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Baseball is a sport nobody in the world cares about except in the US and a bit in Japan. Stop it.

Legends66NBA7
07-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Baseball is a sport nobody in the world cares about except in the US and a bit in Japan. Stop it.

Dominican Republic ? Lot of players come from there.

Canada also cares.

WockaVodka
07-23-2012, 10:31 PM
lol, baseball is more diverse internationally than basketball is. Please educate yourself.

bluechox2
07-23-2012, 10:37 PM
baseball is equivalent to soccer in terms of excitement and pace of the game

boring!

watching highlights of those sports >>>watching the game itself

StarJordan
07-23-2012, 10:40 PM
done. would he give back the money he made off the bulls vs the white sox....exactly.

G-train
07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
lol, baseball is more diverse internationally than basketball is. Please educate yourself.

Not sure about that. I haven't researched it, but I know basketball is popular through much of eastern asia and europe, africa, oceania, south america. Didnt think baseball was that popular in europe and africa, and it definitely isnt in Australia/NZ compared to basketball.

97 bulls
07-23-2012, 10:49 PM
done. would he give back the money he made off the bulls vs the white sox....exactly.
Great point. I vaguely remember that interview. And i never heard it verbatim. I always thought he felt one world series ring was more valuable than six nba rings.

I kinda blame us as Bulls fans cuz we enable this. If after that happened and Bulls fans made a huge stink about it by not showing up and watching the games, the NBA would force Reinsdorf to sell the team. And get someone or a group in here thats serious about winning.

Tenchi Ryu
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
http://www.10topten.com/2012/03/most-popular-sports-in-the-world/

Unites States, Japan, Korea, Canada , Cuba and Mexico

You say some really retarded shit at times.

nycelt84
07-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Im not seeing the point of this thread at all. The guy is the owner of 2 sports teams and you're upset because he's a bigger baseball fan then he is a basketball fan? And why bring up an article that's at least 9 years old considering the White Sox have finally given him the ring he's sought all these years.

nathanjizzle
07-23-2012, 11:05 PM
fuc you hoesdorf

Tenchi Ryu
07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Im not seeing the point of this thread at all. The guy is the owner of 2 sports teams and you're upset because he's a bigger baseball fan then he is a basketball fan? And why bring up an article that's at least 9 years old considering the White Sox have finally given him the ring he's sought all these years.
This...

The guy is a baseball fan first and foremost. He even gave Jordan the opportunity to play when we all know Jordan shouldn't have even touched a bat.

People, the league isn't full of Mark Cubans, this shit is a business.

General
07-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Basketball>Baseball

KyrieTheFuture
07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
LOL at people acting like baseball isn't a worldwide sport. I'm pretty sure most of the league isn't American.

1987_Lakers
07-23-2012, 11:28 PM

You say some really retarded shit at times.

lol, I've been to Mexico many times and I can tell you the only sport they care about over there is soccer.

97 bulls
07-23-2012, 11:49 PM
No. The point is for the longest, I've wondered why the Bulls can't manage to land any big FAs. Lets face it. This isnt Minnesota or Utah (no offense). Chicago is a huge city third biggest TV market. Going back to 99, the biggest FA aquisition theyve aquired is probably a past prime Ben Wallace, and Carlos Boozer.

Now just think if you were a big name FA, would you willingly go to the Bulls and play for an owner that made a statement like that?

Tenchi Ryu
07-24-2012, 12:11 AM
No. The point is for the longest, I've wondered why the Bulls can't manage to land any big FAs. Lets face it. This isnt Minnesota or Utah (no offense). Chicago is a huge city third biggest TV market. Going back to 99, the biggest FA aquisition theyve aquired is probably a past prime Ben Wallace, and Carlos Boozer.

Now just think if you were a big name FA, would you willingly go to the Bulls and play for an owner that made a statement like that?
Well take a moment to think about it.

Most popular places are usually like LA, and places with a winning history like Boston. What do these cities have in common? A history of winning, a LOOONG history of winning. That impresses people.

Now lets look at chicago. Do we have a history of winning? Sure, but how exactly do we have it? Through Jordan and the 90s bulls. That right there automatically puts pressure on people, cause they automatically assume they will have to produce and please people to a high level, the same people who Jordan entertained night in and night out. (Even though we've proven to be one of the best and loyal fanbases in the past 20 years now, even without Jordan here.)Hell, look whats going on right now. We are without Rose, and STILL a top 5-6 team in the east, and that STILL isn't enough, even got Chicago fans wondering if we're tanking. Its no wonder someone would feel pressure about playing here.

That is not an easy task, and can easily turn people off, especially a superstar caliber player looking to make a name for themselves. Noah was just saying at the beginning of the year that he felt pressure with the big paycheck he got, and felt he wasn't living up to Chicago's expectations.

Then there's the fact that Chicago doesn't have as much "glammer" as a LA or NY. Even Miami is known as more of a party city than Chicago.

Dengness9
07-24-2012, 01:15 AM
That's why the Bulls will never win again as long as he's around. The Bulls also have people in their FO who are against each other and don't see eye-to-eye.

You need a great first-class front office like the Arison family and Pat Riley to get things done

6>2 u ****ing moron. Ur son creepy looks as much as a bitch as u do chump.

Droid101
07-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Seconded.

97 bulls
07-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Well take a moment to think about it.

Most popular places are usually like LA, and places with a winning history like Boston. What do these cities have in common? A history of winning, a LOOONG history of winning. That impresses people.

Now lets look at chicago. Do we have a history of winning? Sure, but how exactly do we have it? Through Jordan and the 90s bulls. That right there automatically puts pressure on people, cause they automatically assume they will have to produce and please people to a high level, the same people who Jordan entertained night in and night out. (Even though we've proven to be one of the best and loyal fanbases in the past 20 years now, even without Jordan here.)Hell, look whats going on right now. We are without Rose, and STILL a top 5-6 team in the east, and that STILL isn't enough, even got Chicago fans wondering if we're tanking. Its no wonder someone would feel pressure about playing here.

That is not an easy task, and can easily turn people off, especially a superstar caliber player looking to make a name for themselves. Noah was just saying at the beginning of the year that he felt pressure with the big paycheck he got, and felt he wasn't living up to Chicago's expectations.

Then there's the fact that Chicago doesn't have as much "glammer" as a LA or NY. Even Miami is known as more of a party city than Chicago.
My god this website is full of people contradicting themselves. Why is there less pressure to perform in the cities youve mentioned when compared to Chicago? Every team youve mentioned has won since 99. And they keep reloading. Either through trades or FA. Youd think the big name players would want to come to Chicago cuz the fans are loyal to a fault. Miami was still having a hard time filling the seats with Lebron James there.

I gotta ask Tench, at what point do you say enough is enough? This master 2014 plan of yours...is nothing new. Theyve dangled that very same plan three times in over 10 years, ask us to put up with the half assed effort to bring in top talent in an effort to go big for one year, lose out on every big FA and settle for the cheap route and sign a B level player and save a little money.

And save the party nonsense. Dennis Rodman was flying to Vegas on off nights during the NBA finals. Every city in the US has strip clubs and hot women.

Tenchi Ryu
07-24-2012, 02:24 AM
My god this website is full of people contradicting themselves. Why is there less pressure to perform in the cities youve mentioned when compared to Chicago? Every team youve mentioned has won since 99. And they keep reloading. Either through trades or FA. Youd think the big name players would want to come to Chicago cuz the fans are loyal to a fault. Miami was still having a hard time filling the seats with Lebron James there.
Ray Allen JUST proved that theory wrong 2 weeks ago. Ain't got shit to do about the fans all the time. Same with KG, who was loved by Min and still left them. Its all about wanting success, and Chicago currently has NONE of that to show forth except some old ass rings from the 90s.

I gotta ask Tench, at what point do you say enough is enough? This master 2014 plan of yours...is nothing new. Theyve dangled that very same plan three times in over 10 years, ask us to put up with the half assed effort to bring in top talent in an effort to go big for one year, lose out on every big FA and settle for the cheap route and sign a B level player and save a little money.
Enough of what?! Just 13 years ago, we were experiencing one of the greatest (if not THEE greatest) dynasty of all time. You have teams who've gone their entire franchise history without winning a damn thing or even taken seriously, and you're acting like we have it worse than them. Even with the 2004 baby bulls and 2009 VDN bulls, we experienced SOME kind of success. Try being a Clippers fan who has had nothing to look forward til now. Or a Knicks fan who's seen countless signings and trades, and STILL no progress. Or other teams who've never gotten over the top. Chicago fans come off as spoiled at times, especially when our GMs ARE doing things to make our team better in the long run. An Owner who didn't give a shit would be keeping the same team that has proven for 2 years now they can't get it done.

97 bulls
07-24-2012, 03:52 AM
Ray Allen JUST proved that theory wrong 2 weeks ago. Ain't got shit to do about the fans all the time. Same with KG, who was loved by Min and still left them. Its all about wanting success, and Chicago currently has NONE of that to show forth except some old ass rings from the 90s.

Enough of what?! Just 13 years ago, we were experiencing one of the greatest (if not THEE greatest) dynasty of all time. You have teams who've gone their entire franchise history without winning a damn thing or even taken seriously, and you're acting like we have it worse than them. Even with the 2004 baby bulls and 2009 VDN bulls, we experienced SOME kind of success. Try being a Clippers fan who has had nothing to look forward til now. Or a Knicks fan who's seen countless signings and trades, and STILL no progress. Or other teams who've never gotten over the top. Chicago fans come off as spoiled at times, especially when our GMs ARE doing things to make our team better in the long run. An Owner who didn't give a shit would be keeping the same team that has proven for 2 years now they can't get it done.
Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are terrible examples. Allen left for Miami to chase a ring. And Garnett wanted out of Minny cuz they like the Bulls never committed to putting a winner around him. And i give Minny more of a pass cuz theyre nowher near the Bulls as far as revenue, etc. Theyre a small market team. Bad examples.

When I ask if youve had enough, it peratins to this same MO of the Bulls. They set their sites on some big for name FA two or three years away, ask us to hold on till then. All the while playing it cheap. Then for whatever reason fail to deliver when the time comes. They did this same thing in 00, 04, 08, and 10.

TheMan
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
lol, I've been to Mexico many times and I can tell you the only sport they care about over there is soccer.
Not so...

I live in Mexico and baseball is the most popular sport in northern (Sonora, Nuevo Leon, Sinaloa etc.) and southern Mexico (Vera Cruz, Yucatan, Quintana Roo etc.).

It seems like soccer is far and away the most popular sport in Mexico because the country's national media is centralized in Mexico City and soccer is the most popular sport in central Mexico. You also need to keep in mind that the two major television companies in Mexico, Televisa and TV Azteca are owners of Mexican soccer teams and they have a vested interest in promoting soccer above all other sports.

One example on how soccer is not the be all end all here, a few years ago a sports newspaper was covering the classic soccer match between Chivas and America (the two biggest and most successful teams, like Celtics vs Lakers in the NBA and supposedly everyone tunes in and watches this soccer game) and they reported that most sports bars in northern Mexico were transmitting the NFL's NFC Championship game over the soccer match.

Baseball, the NFL, basketball and boxing are very popular here.

Inform yourself.

Blue&Orange
07-25-2012, 12:25 PM

lol at that list... being popular on a overpopulated country doesn't translate in worldwide popularity. Table tennis is popular in China and that's it.

Baseball is miles away from basketball worldwide popularity.

1rkrage
07-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Sell the Bulls already.

TheMan
07-25-2012, 12:41 PM
lol at that list... being popular on a overpopulated country doesn't translate in worldwide popularity. Table tennis is popular in China and that's it.

Baseball is miles away from basketball worldwide popularity.

I agree with this but to say no one outside of the US cares about baseball is flat out wrong. The NFL fits more of that description even though it's popular in Canada and Mexico, outside of that, it barely registers in most countries from what I know. Baseball is huge in East Asia, Canada, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Honduras, Nicaragua, Colombia and a few other countries.

FreezingTsmoove
07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Many people I know from Chicago and a lot others say that the Cubs are more popular than the Bulls. Lets not act like baseball is some sport no one cares about

TheMan
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Many people I know from Chicago and a lot others say that the Cubs are more popular than the Bulls. Lets not act like baseball is some sport no one cares about
Unfortunatly, that's true, I was born and raised in Chicago, and it's a Cubs town followed closely by the Bears, then the Bulls, White Sox and BlackHawks.

Go Sox!!!

nycelt84
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM

If I were a big name FA I could honestly care less about something like that and I think most of them don't care either. Big name free agents don't switch teams that often in basketball and the ones who do usually have 1 set team in mind they want play for and with the exception of NY all of those teams seem to be either in California or the South mostly Florida.

Tenchi Ryu
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Unfortunatly, that's true, I was born and raised in Chicago, and it's a Cubs town followed closely by the Bears, then the Bulls, White Sox and BlackHawks.

Go Sox!!!
Fukk them northside bitches lol.

SpanishACB
07-25-2012, 06:20 PM

Bullshit.

Baseball requires all sorts of equipment to play, equipment that costs money, no way in hell it's more diverse than basketball that is played in every goddamn continent. My god, it shouldn't even be a debate, how naive are you?

Baseball might have more numbers but that's only due to two things, japan and korea, end of. Cricket also probably has more numbers because India and nobody would say it's more popular world wide than Basketball

TheMan
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Fukk them northside bitches lol.
:cheers:

Anti Hero
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
As a White Sox fan, I'd trade all six of the Bulls rings for one White Sox ring.

TheMan
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM
As a White Sox fan, I'd trade all six of the Bulls rings for one White Sox ring.
Did you sleep through 2005?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yKSo5xPjLpM/TBgsb6Cs0rI/AAAAAAAANLQ/DKl_c5_n3EU/s1600/AAGS212~Ozzie-Guillen-Celebrating-with-2005-World-Series-Championship-Trophy-Posters.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1026/chi_g_wsoxwschamps_576.jpg
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/24/59758869_867a0b634d_z.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
It would be nice for you Chi-town bball fans if he had the Bulls as his #1 love but it's not like Reinsdorf is a bad owner. He's willing to spend the money to build a winner and as a fan that's basically what you want from the guy that owns your home team.

Unstoppabull
07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
That dude can't be serious. Jordan's legacy in basketball had a way more impact than any baseball team.

I actually agree. Well at least I don't give a shit about it.

TheMan
07-25-2012, 07:13 PM
It would be nice for you Chi-town bball fans if he had the Bulls as his #1 love but it's not like Reinsdorf is a bad owner. He's willing to spend the money to build a winner and as a fan that's basically what you want from the guy that owns your home team.
The Bulls have 6 NBA titles, that's more than any team other than the Celtics and Lakers who have been around longer. And it's not like they sucked the last couple of years, they were in the ECFs 2 years ago and injuries killed any chance we had this year...

Soundwave
07-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Reinsdorf's an idiot, kids from every corner of the world still rock Bulls gear and that's because of the Jordan era, in the 90s they were the most famous team in pro sports period.

No one outside of Chicago gives one crap about the White Sox.

The Bulls were the Beatles of pro sports.

Real Men Wear Green
07-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Reinsdorf's an idiot, kids from every corner of the world still rock Bulls gear and that's because of the Jordan era, in the 90s they were the most famous team in pro sports period.

No one outside of Chicago gives one crap about the White Sox.

The Bulls were the Beatles of pro sports.
If he doesn't care he doesn't care. If MJ was a lifelong Blazer he'd still be insanely wealthy

Soundwave
07-25-2012, 07:49 PM
If he doesn't care he doesn't care. If MJ was a lifelong Blazer he'd still be insanely wealthy

He's welcome to send all the profits he made from the 90s Bulls to my bank account, seeing as how he doesn't care and all :lol

You couldn't walk down any street in any city in North America without seeing a kid (guys and girls) sporting a Bulls t-shirt, hat, jersey, jacket, etc. etc. etc.

Real Men Wear Green
07-25-2012, 07:51 PM
He's welcome to send all the profits he made from the 90s Bulls to my bank account, seeing as how he doesn't care and all :lol

You couldn't walk down any street in any city in North America without seeing a kid (guys and girls) sporting a Bulls t-shirt, hat, jersey, jacket, etc. etc. etc.
Just because he made money doesn't mean he has to love the Bulls more than anything. That's not how it works.