PDA

View Full Version : Magic willing to hold off on trading Howard till Feb Trade Deadline

LakersPwnCavs
07-24-2012, 02:49 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222584/Magic_Willing_To_Wait_On_Dwight_Howard_Trade

Magic willing to hold off on trading Howard till Feb Trade Deadline WTFFFFFFF

just ****ing trade him already... uve already been thru a season of hell.. this was supposed to already of been ur rebuilding yr!!! Had u traded him last yr u would of had a fresh new pick from this yrs draft class and a whole lota other picks... and u cud of tanked this season .. orlando is fkin stupid :coleman:

Heavincent
07-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Who cares about Dwight Howard. Overrated as hell.

lilgodfather1
07-24-2012, 02:51 AM
So they don't like the offers now, but will wait for the deadline when the offers will be 10x worse. Good GM.

WockaVodka
07-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Who cares about Dwight Howard. Overrated as hell.
How is he overrated? If anything he may very well be underrated.

Rooster
07-24-2012, 03:01 AM
They are fronting right now. They don't want look desperate for better leverage.

Tenchi Ryu
07-24-2012, 03:02 AM
Oh yea, make that bastard rot in Orlando for a half a year.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
His teammates shouldn't even pass him the ball.

Noof
07-24-2012, 03:02 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6843642477_9ff5cebeab.jpg

lilgodfather1
07-24-2012, 03:03 AM
Oh yea, make that bastard rot in Orlando for a half a year.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
His teammates shouldn't even pass him the ball.
I say trade him to Charlotte.

Hank
Jack Nicholson was seen trying on $1500 worth of clippers gear the other day. Someone is losing hope in the piss and purple

:roll: :roll:

Batz
Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6235/multiplesources.jpg

MetsPackers
07-24-2012, 03:05 AM
:facepalm Move would make no sense at all. Are they expecting whoever they get for him to be walking into a championship ready squad -_-

Also that would eliminate some teams from the mix because there's no shot anyone would give up anything good for a possible rental at that point.

Story Up
07-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Jack Nicholson was seen trying on $1500 worth of clippers gear the other day. Someone is losing hope in the piss and purple

Prolly for toilet paper.

Rowe
07-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Dwight likely wont play then.

He'll be out "recovering" from back surgery.

MAC system
07-24-2012, 03:16 AM
**** dwight. tired of his crybaby ass

Story Up
07-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Orlando won't get a better deal come deadline unless magically Howard wants to sign with more then 1/2 teams. Houston won't trade their team for 3 months of Dwight.

DirtySanchez
07-24-2012, 03:22 AM
The Magic aren't that dumb to hold him to the deadline in Feb. it's the same story...right now they are not in a rush to force a trade....that's it. All these other rumors and reports are just fodder.

They have other big issues to address...like a coach etc.

They have plenty of time before training camp starts to make a decision on where to trade Dwight.

dunksby
07-24-2012, 03:22 AM

Did he buy the franchise?

Story Up
07-24-2012, 03:23 AM
Unless they thinks Nets is the best deal, and they will just wait till deadline to trade for Lopez.

Hank
07-24-2012, 03:23 AM
The Magic aren't that dumb to hold him to the deadline in Feb. it's the same story...right now they are not in a rush to force a trade....that's it. All these other rumors and reports are just fodder.

They have other big issues to address...like a coach etc.

They have plenty of time before training camp starts to make a decision on where to trade Dwight.

keep your bum Bynum with bum knees who'll be soon seeing his 5th knee surgery

ZenMaster
07-24-2012, 03:24 AM

This.

People let their judgement of what players do outside the court affect what they think of them when they're actually playing basketball.
Reminds me of before Rubio came over, people in the US generally hated him and he was nothing but a bitch who wasn't good enough to play in the NBA and the reasoning for that was that he wasn't in the NBA instead waiting a few years. Never mind that he looked pretty good while playing, even while facing the entire NBA elite at 19 in 08.

dunksby
07-24-2012, 03:27 AM
D12 is conventionally believed to be the best 5 in the league, he is neither overrated nor underrated.

WockaVodka
07-24-2012, 03:28 AM
D12 is conventionally believed to be the best 5 in the league, he is neither overrated nor underrated.
I've seen him miss out in top 5s a decent amount of times so i'm not sure about that. The only way he would be overrated is if he is considered the best player in the league or 2nd best so he is closer to underrated.

Kiddlovesnets
07-24-2012, 03:34 AM
lol Lakers fans crying like babies.

:lol

dunksby
07-24-2012, 03:35 AM
I've seen him miss out in top 5s a decent amount of times so i'm not sure about that. The only way he would be overrated is if he is considered the best player in the league or 2nd best so he is closer to underrated.
You are talking out of your ass now.

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 03:44 AM
dumb move, magic, get your shiiit together. Stop being that bad gf/bf who won't break up.

Batz
07-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6235/multiplesources.jpg

I don't get this forum sometimes. Do we selectively believe what Broussard has to say now? :facepalm

wally_world
07-24-2012, 03:46 AM
I'd sit his ass for the whole season and tank.

Rooster
07-24-2012, 03:47 AM
This.

People let their judgement of what players do outside the court affect what they think of them when they're actually playing basketball.
Reminds me of before Rubio came over, people in the US generally hated him and he was nothing but a bitch who wasn't good enough to play in the NBA and the reasoning for that was that he wasn't in the NBA instead waiting a few years. Never mind that he looked pretty good while playing, even while facing the entire NBA elite at 19 in 08.

Rubio did not look good in 2010 world championship and in his last season in Europe. But a lot scouts believe he will do well in the NBA with guards having more freedom in the perimeter. I am one of those people with serious doubts on his ability but he proved me wrong.

ZenMaster
07-24-2012, 03:56 AM
Rubio did not look good in 2010 world championship and in his last season in Europe. But a lot scouts believe he will do well in the NBA with guards having more freedom in the perimeter. I am one of those people with serious doubts on his ability but he proved me wrong.

He was playing through injuries his last year, he looked good every other year.
Personally I didn't doubt he'd do well, kid started playing in ACB at 14, he's been special for a long time.

Punpun
07-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Magic never cease to amaze me. What's that ? Should we tank in order to rebuild as a contender ?

NO LETS KEEP D12 AND GET A TOP 10 PICK WHEN WE COULD GO AFTER NOEL.

:yaohappy:

blacknapalm
07-24-2012, 04:26 AM
by then, they'll stand to lose a lot of leverage. teams will know they're just trying to unload dwight so he doesn't walk for free. they'll offer progressively worse deals and just say, 'take it or leave it. we don't dislike our chances in the offseason anyway'.

MeLO MvP 15
07-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Bluff. The offers won't change. Hell if anything they'll get worse.

niko
07-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Total nonsense and no story. Broussard took the gap (because they can't trade him till August 5th to get best deal for trading rookies) and decided to make up a story. Much like Bucher decided to explain extensions and claim a story. There never was going to be movement for 2 weeks. Not sure if Broussard knows this and is trolling or if he's stupid and this is his educated guess.

SilkkTheShocker
07-24-2012, 08:02 AM
The Magic organization is probably going to use that time to beg Dwight to stay. Pathetic.

niko
07-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Unless they thinks Nets is the best deal, and they will just wait till deadline to trade for Lopez.
We know that's not it, we've seen that over a year.

Punpun
07-24-2012, 08:05 AM
The Magic truly can't think of the long-term. Truly a pathetic franchise.

niko
07-24-2012, 08:09 AM
The Magic truly can't think of the long-term. Truly a pathetic franchise.
THey can't get best offers till August 5th. I don't think anything changed, this is made up news. Wait till then. If at that time they are waffling it's different. But trading him now with rockets or cavs involved doesn't allow most of their rookies to be dealt. It wouldn't make sense to make a trade now with half the rookies off the table.

Derka
07-24-2012, 08:12 AM
F*cking people will never learn...

amfirst
07-24-2012, 09:29 AM
lol, Magics should just let him walk. They are not going to get any better offers for him, so far it's been getting worst.

mjokc
07-24-2012, 10:33 AM
lol, Magics should just let him walk. They are not going to get any better offers for him, so far it's been getting worst.

Elementary school English classes were awesome.

InfiniteBaskets
07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Magic owner Rich DeVos should command the new head coach to have Dwight ride the bench the whole season.

At the end of every game, have an arena mic'd reporter approach Dwight and ask him to address the fans.

Crown&Coke
07-24-2012, 11:22 AM
nobody saw this coming :rolleyes:

do I wanna piss and moan and tell them the deals are not going to be better? Sure

but then I remember this is the best center in the game, in his absolute prime. I honestly can't blame them, but they haven't held up their end of improving the team. There is really no way he sticks around. He might take the 20mil less with a player option and re-up after 3 with full bird rights with another team (Dallas?). I hope that happens, Orlando jacked this up too bad to end up with a solid deal at this point. Let him walk for nothing and it would really be Shaq 2.0. Dwight gets lumped in with the guy he never wanted to emulate, and Orlando has to wait for another primetime center in the draft if they ever win #1 overall again

take that Dwight, and take that Orlando

niko
07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
The Rockets/Lakers deal or Cavs/Lakers deal are not value, but aside from him staying it's as good as you will get. Waiting till the deadline, which basically brings back the Nets only (whose deal will still be the same terrible deal at that point) and the possibility Dwight starts cockblocking other teams from bidding.

Unless Dwight SIGNS an extension literally at that meeting, i'd start trade discussions August 5th, and hammer out the best you can.

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Are we really going to buy into one of CB's sauces? Once he said that the Peter Luger sauce is bad( my fav sauce) I stopped taking him serious.

I believe this story because I have always felt this way. I don't understand WTF Rob is doing. He has yet to trade Howard and the rest of his roster remains the same. He could shed all of these contracts and save tens of millions but this guy is as dumb of a GM as can be. Holding on to Howard would be history repeating himself. Dwight is free to walk much easier. What kind of game is this novice playing? I bet he wants the Nets package now. Bynum deal isn't happening.

niko
07-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Are we really going to buy into one of CB's sauces? Once he said that the Peter Luger sauce is bad( my fav sauce) I stopped taking him serious.

I believe this story because I have always felt this way. I don't understand WTF Rob is doing. He has yet to trade Howard and the rest of his roster remains the same. He could shed all of these contracts and save tens of millions but this guy is as dumb of a GM as can be. Holding on to Howard would be history repeating himself. Dwight is free to walk much easier. What kind of game is this novice playing? I bet he wants the Nets package now. Bynum deal isn't happening.
I agree with you on Broussard, but considering what they are asking the Rockets/Lakers/Cavs for is the complete opposite of what the Nets are offering, and the Nets deal doesn't provde any of the pieces they want MORE of (cap space, young cheap players, good picks), how is your conclusion they want the Nets deal? Lopez agreed to play for only half his deal?

boozehound
07-24-2012, 11:51 AM
So they don't like the offers now, but will wait for the deadline when the offers will be 10x worse. Good GM.
they are waiting for the nets to be able to trade lopez and humphries.

Rekindled
07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
what about

Humphries+Brooks+Wallace+4 first round picks For Dwight+Hedo

Nets:

Dwight
Lopez
AK47
JJ
Deron

:bowdown: :bowdown:

niko
07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
They don't want long term salary, and they want better picks. There problem with the Rockets and Cavs deals is they are not including enough.

The Nets deal has more long term salary, takes back less salary, and has worse picks. And at the trade deadline last year, they rejected that offer, for the Rockets. This time, they rejected that offer, to continue talking to the Rockets.

Not against you but in general, if they didn't want Lopez and Humphries on long term deals before, why would they want them now?

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
I agree with you on Broussard, but considering what they are asking the Rockets/Lakers/Cavs for is the complete opposite of what the Nets are offering, and the Nets deal doesn't provde any of the pieces they want MORE of (cap space, young cheap players, good picks), how is your conclusion they want the Nets deal? Lopez agreed to play for only half his deal?
Thy don't want the Nets deal. But if Howard remains a Magic to begin the season, I don't see ANY team renting him for several months. Howard really did cockblock everything. Every team is extremely nervous on acquiring him. If he said he would play for the Lakers a deal would have been done already. Experienced GM's like Jim and Morey wouldn't make the mistake of trading valuable pieces for a rental. Otherwise I believe it would have happened. The longer Rob waits this out the worse it is for him. Who does he think he is telling veterans GM's like Jim and Morey " I am going to look for a coach first so keep your offers on the table and don't trade those pieces until I'm ready to trade Howard" geez I dislike this guy.

Punpun
07-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Howard really did cockblock everything.
That's innacurate. Howard agreed to play on the Lakers and stay there. Unofficially that is as you can't promise it. Magic just are bitches who can't think long-term.

Mr Know It All
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM

You don't know that, teams get desperate. The Nets could be extremely disappointing. The Lakers with Nash may not work out perfectly. The Mavericks will have players available to trade to Orlando like Mayo, Collison, and their expirers etc.

Holding out right now is a good idea. Dwight screwed them over so teams are offering them crap. Wait it out, see if you can draw some desperate teams come the trade deadline, and then ship his ass out.

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
what about

Humphries+Brooks+Wallace+4 first round picks For Dwight+Hedo

Nets:

Dwight
Lopez
AK47
JJ
Deron

:bowdown: :bowdown:
Nah I like Wallace. He's the MVP of the Nets. His versatility to be able to play the 1-5 and defend the lebrons, kobes, Durants and Melos is a commodity very rare few can offer.

niko
07-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Thy don't want the Nets deal. But if Howard remains a Magic to begin the season, I don't see ANY team renting him for several months. Howard really did cockblock everything. Every team is extremely nervous on acquiring him. If he said he would play for the Lakers a deal would have been done already. Experienced GM's like Jim and Morey wouldn't make the mistake of trading valuable pieces for a rental. Otherwise I believe it would have happened. The longer Rob waits this out the worse it is for him. Who does he think he is telling veterans GM's like Jim and Morey " I am going to look for a coach first so keep your offers on the table and don't trade those pieces until I'm ready to trade Howard" geez I dislike this guy.

The Cavs and Rockets can't trade most of their rookies till August 5th. There is no deal till August 5th. I find it funny you say if the liked the Lakers deal they'd ahve done it already, but you think they will return to the Nets deal they've been rejecting for a year. Would they not have done that already if they wanted it?

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 12:07 PM
That's innacurate. Howard agreed to play on the Lakers and stay there. Unofficially that is as you can't promise it. Magic just are bitches who can't think long-term.
Dwight will never ever ever play for the Lakers. He will retire before going there. He is never going to assure an extension with LAL. that's a guarantee.

Punpun
07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Dwight will never ever ever play for the Lakers. He will retire before going there. He is never going to assure an extension with LAL. that's a guarantee.

That's not what the latest news tell us.

All Net
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM

Thats not why he may not end up in Laker. It's certain Gm's who don't want him there. He would sign long term.

Robster89
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
The Cavs and Rockets can't trade most of their rookies till August 5th. There is no deal till August 5th. I find it funny you say if the liked the Lakers deal they'd ahve done it already, but you think they will return to the Nets deal they've been rejecting for a year. Would they not have done that already if they wanted it?

Makes you wonder if people read your posts, doesn't it?

People, no rookies from either Cleveland (Waiters/Zeller) or Houston (Lamb/Jones/White) can be included in any trade until August 5. Since some of these players will be a big part of any package Orlando takes from either Houston or Cleveland, no trade can be consumated until after August 5. Everyone knew this. These ESPN clowns are trolling everyone. There will be no news on this until August 5, whether it be Houston trading for Dwight directly, or with either Houston or Cleveland involved in a 3 team deal with the Lakers. Of course Orlando will say things in an effort to make these suiters believe they may hold off until the deadline (and thereby bring the Nets back into the conversation) in order to drive up the price. But actual real offers will be on the table after August 5, and my guess is Orlando will take the offer they feel is best for them and move on.

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 12:37 PM
The but you think they will return to the Nets deal they've been rejecting for a year. Would they not have done that already if they wanted it?

They have returned to the Nets deal 10x over already. They have returned to every deal. If Howard is held onto and remains a Magic, Rob will return to the Nets deal again. That's how this process has been. I believe someone who has followed this saga as close as you have should be aware of the back and fouth game Rob is playing.

AirTupac
07-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Is VC a retard? It was reported he would stay with L.A by someone who's really close with Howard...

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Robster89
07-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Is VC a retard? It was reported he would stay with L.A by someone who's really close with Howard...

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I was thinking the exact same thing.

niko
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM
They have returned to the Nets deal 10x over already. They have returned to every deal. If Howard is held onto and remains a Magic, Rob will return to the Nets deal again. That's how this process has been. I believe someone who has followed this saga as close as you have should be aware of the back and fouth game Rob is playing.
YOU SAID they must have given up on the Lakers deal because it was not completed. I am using YOUR logic. YOUR logic suggest the Net deal is not only dead, but rotting in the ground if the Laker deal after 2 weeks is dead.

And Jarrod Rudolph, who basically reports propoganda he is given from Dwight and his agent said Dwight would resign in LA. So, Dwight would resign in LA.

niko
07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Makes you wonder if people read your posts, doesn't it?

People, no rookies from either Cleveland (Waiters/Zeller) or Houston (Lamb/Jones/White) can be included in any trade until August 5. Since some of these players will be a big part of any package Orlando takes from either Houston or Cleveland, no trade can be consumated until after August 5. Everyone knew this. These ESPN clowns are trolling everyone. There will be no news on this until August 5, whether it be Houston trading for Dwight directly, or with either Houston or Cleveland involved in a 3 team deal with the Lakers. Of course Orlando will say things in an effort to make these suiters believe they may hold off until the deadline (and thereby bring the Nets back into the conversation) in order to drive up the price. But actual real offers will be on the table after August 5, and my guess is Orlando will take the offer they feel is best for them and move on.

If i changed my name to NikoBellicNBA and pretended to be an insider and posted a tweet i'd get interest. But me being logical on a message board, no.

There's a few weeks till anything can happen, in the meantime Orlando will make one more begging trip, which will fail, and then in the meantime ESPN will post another story, maybe saying Dwight is considering staying, and then on 8/5 all of this will pick back up and within that week we'll have a trade, more than likely the three way with Houston, not Cleveland.

BlackVVaves
07-24-2012, 12:59 PM
This is a leverage ploy, nothing more nothing less.

Batz
07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh **** you guys.

Rose
07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh **** you guys.

Kiddlovesnets
07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Imagine what will become of ISH if Dwight aint going to the Lakers or traded but refuse to sign with them.

ILLsmak
07-25-2012, 12:45 AM

Maybe they want to trade with NJ?

-Smak

Clippersfan86
07-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Prolly for toilet paper.

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/albums/clipper-fans/jack_nicholson_clippers_game_23462422.jpg

At a Clippers game this year.

RazorBaLade
07-25-2012, 12:49 AM

You mean the same offer they turned down?

lold

b1imtf
07-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Nah I like Wallace. He's the MVP of the Nets. His versatility to be able to play the 1-5 and defend the lebrons, kobes, Durants and Melos is a commodity very rare few can offer.
Lol

LakersReign
07-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Imagine what will become of ISH if Dwight aint going to the Lakers or traded but refuse to sign with them.

The bandwagon Lebron fans aka Lebronytes were the ones making the most noise about it, even though it hasn't happened yet. pauk was already mad as **** about it. So, that happening would make them look that much more stupid.:facepalm

Sarcastic
07-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Orlando needs to be contracted soon, before their ignorance infects the rest of the league.

Not only have they wasted 3 number one overall draft picks, but they also had prime Tracy McGrady, and don't have a ring to show for it.

Soundwave
07-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Howard

for

Perkins
Harden
Aldrige

Do it OKC. Don't sit around just assuming you're going to win a title some day. Too many organizations have thought that way and missed their window.

SpanishACB
07-25-2012, 07:10 AM
What's happening here is what happens in all sports, when interested teams know that the player wants to leave the offers become ridiculous. Even in a sport like the NBA were contracts are of bigger importance than in other sports, in the end, players of this caliber end up playing where they decide to, and so what's left for Magic in all this? Well, they pull this obvious move to try and get a better deal now, or a better deal then.

R.I.P.
07-25-2012, 07:21 AM
This is a leverage ploy, nothing more nothing less.

Exactly. No reason to get your panties wet.

The ground has been established as Humphries, Lopez and 2-3 picks. That

RazorBaLade
07-25-2012, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Exactly. No reason to get your panties wet.

The ground has been established as Humphries, Lopez and 2-3 picks. That

jbryan1984
07-25-2012, 08:13 AM
I honestly wouldn't if I was Orlando. The guy has publicly made it known he don't wanna play there, what makes them think he would try his hardest now?

niko
07-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Today is the "Melo would resign if he had too" scene in the (now a horror film) remake called THE DWIGHTMARE. Expect tons of propaganda