PDA

View Full Version : AK-47: "We'll know in a day or two which NBA team I play for"

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 12:42 PM
AK-47 is coming back to the NBA and said his list is one to two teams. I am extremely giddy right now.

[B]"Andrei Kirilenko will return to the NBA next year but has not yet decided which team. He told RIA Novosti, the Russian wire service, "I

kurple
07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
did not expect to see denver being mentioned

Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Jordan Hamilton, Corey Brewer, Q. Miller

not sure why would get another SF

bluechox2
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
prokhorov probably wired like 50 million into a private bank account in the caymans for ak

niko
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
He (from what i have heard) is trying to leverage a better deal in Russia. So either than totally went to shit (which it would have to for him to play for minimum, he can command three times that) or he just wants back in the NBA for the money.

The only NBA team i can see interesting him is Brooklyn, but that could have been done yesterday if this was about anything else but leveraging dollars.

niko
07-24-2012, 12:47 PM
prokhorov probably wired like 50 million into a private bank account in the caymans for ak
The NBA investigates players, their finances, their situation. You really honestly cannot do things like that. Prokorov is not the first billionaire to own a team.

Prokorov is not going to (literally) risk the ownership of his team in order to make sure the Nets backup SF situation is rock solid.

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM

The closest Prok can get to that is by saying "I'll buy you a place to live, and if you do good you will get a million dollar car for your birthday":lol

I'm so glad AK finally decided to return back to the NBA.

DuMa
07-24-2012, 12:50 PM
i cant see him turning down a russian owner

Raz
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Minny would be a great fit.

CT: Pekovic/ Stiemsma/ Tolliver
PF: Love/ Williams/ Cunningham
SF: Kirilenko/ Budinger/ Hummel
SG: Roy/ Johnson/ Shved/ Lee
PG: Rubio/ Barea or Ridnour

Rowe
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Dark-horse in this is probably the LA Lakers.

Lakers have filler contracts in McRoberts & Eyenga for a sign & trade to get AK47 about $5 or $6 Million per year.

niko
07-24-2012, 12:55 PM

Lakers have filler contracts in McRoberts & Eyenga for a sign & trade to get AK47 about $5 or $6 Million per year.
S&T them to Russia?

joshwake
07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Guild Wars 2 comes out in august. Expect Andrei to take another 5 years off mentally like he did with world of warcraft.

I am not joking.

It's A VC3!!!
07-24-2012, 01:00 PM

I think your on to something.

Tell us your sources.:oldlol:

dunksby
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Minny would be a great fit.

CT: Pekovic/ Stiemsma/ Tolliver
PF: Love/ Williams/ Cunningham
SF: Kirilenko/ Budinger/ Hummel
SG: Roy/ Johnson/ Shved/ Lee
PG: Rubio/ Barea or Ridnour
Cuase he is white or that Minny practically has no defense?

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Maybe the Heat are interested?

UtahJazzFan88
07-24-2012, 01:15 PM
It doesn't help the "WHITE team!", "Kahn is racist" jokes, but he would be a great fit on the T-Wolves. I personally don't want him in Utah again because we don't need him.

All Net
07-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Maybe the Heat are interested?

Don't think they need anymore perimeter help.

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Don't think they need anymore perimeter help.

That's true.

Rekindled
07-24-2012, 01:43 PM
sign him for MLE Mitch!!

Bynum(Dwight)/Hill
Gasol/Jamison
AK47/MWP
Kobe/Rush?
Nash/NRob?/Blake

Hank
07-24-2012, 01:45 PM
The NBA investigates players, their finances, their situation. You really honestly cannot do things like that.

Nonsense.

it's so easy to get away with.

What f*ckin world do you live in !? :oldlol:

Jax
07-24-2012, 01:47 PM
The NBA investigates players, their finances, their situation. You really honestly cannot do things like that. Prokorov is not the first billionaire to own a team.

Prokorov is not going to (literally) risk the ownership of his team in order to make sure the Nets backup SF situation is rock solid.
You can have money in tax havens and not declare, that's why they're tax havens...
Or just get a Swiss bank account.

madmax17
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
prokhorov probably wired like 50 million into a private bank account in the caymans for akMinnesota and McHale tried that :D with Joe Smith, and lost the first round pick for 7 years, I doubt anyone will try something like that again.

UtahJazzFan88
07-24-2012, 01:56 PM

I'm pretty sure he won't be able to S&T with Utah, we have his bird rights, but the new CBA rule is that you can't sign and trade someone who was on your roster last year.

Nor do we need either players of any use.

niko
07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Nonsense.

That's just not true. If you want to say bullshit with no factual basis, then we don't need to discuss anything.

Kingwillball
07-24-2012, 02:15 PM
He will sign with Nets, I knew this 3 months ago.

Flagrant 2
07-24-2012, 02:17 PM
It would be amazing if the Lakers could pick him up but I highly doubt he would come play for the Lakers. Many other teams are offering him more money.

BlueandGold
07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Guild Wars 2 comes out in august. Expect Andrei to take another 5 years off mentally like he did with world of warcraft.

I am not joking.
Link or GTFO.

MiseryCityTexas
07-24-2012, 02:24 PM

They would prolly let him backup Faried at pf. Kirilinko can play the 4 too.

lilgodfather1
07-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Nonsense.

If it was easy people wouldn't get caught for tax fraud so often.

REACTION
07-24-2012, 02:31 PM
S&T them to Russia?

:oldlol:

BlueandGold
07-24-2012, 02:36 PM
If it was easy people wouldn't get caught for tax fraud so often.
Think about how many times you've done something illegal and how many times you've been caught. That's just dependent on how good your accountant/lawyer and yourself are at hiding your revenue. It's been done multiple times before and continues on to this day with trillions of assets being written off illegally. There are so many legal loopholes and contradictions that you could have multiple Ph.Ds in legal studies and still not know all the ins and outs of every type of legal system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_evasion

http://againstlineofdance.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/themoreyouknow.jpg

PickernRoller
07-24-2012, 02:44 PM
That's just not true. If you want to say bullshit with no factual basis, then we don't need to discuss anything.

He's right. You don't even need an account under your name to get a cut like that nor do offshore and a select few ye huge banks let anyone know you're an account holder. There are tons of ins and outs....if the Federal government is shorthanded in proving so to certain individuals you're going to say the NBA has the capability to do so? lol....

Fact is, it's not about "is it possible" as much as is it worth it?

niko
07-24-2012, 02:48 PM
He's right. You don't even need an account under your name to get a cut like that nor do offshore and a select few ye huge banks let anyone know you're an account holder. There are tons of ins and outs....if the Federal government is shorthanded in proving so to certain individuals you're going to say the NBA has the capability to do so? lol....

Fact is, it's not about "is it possible" as much as is it worth it?
Let's see. For a backup forward, someone who will not affect his team that much, Prokorov, billionaire and smart man that he is, would risk losing his team.

You think that if you like. It's stupid.

alenleomessi
07-24-2012, 03:11 PM
i dont think he will come to nba again to be anybody's backup

Rooster
07-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Wolves should sign him. He can fit nicely playing off the ball offensive and patch some holes defensively that Wolves big guy can't do which is shot blocking. He will be a bargain for a team who is willing to overpay Batum.

joshwake
07-25-2012, 03:21 AM
Link or GTFO.
I taught Masha and their son Fedor (dunno how to spell it) snowboarding 3 years ago on several different occasions. Nice family, never met Andrei though, there is no way the team would let him snowboard. We talked about how Andrei would play WoW all the time and got her to start playing. If you want a link, just go to his website. He basically admits he gets completely sucked in to video games.

Xiao Yao You
07-25-2012, 04:13 AM

Ak plays the 2 and 4 as well. You'd hate to have to sit guys like Hamilton, Brewer and Miller for AK. :facepalm

The only NBA team i can see interesting him is Brooklyn

Why's that? He's said he wanted to be in the NBA all along. It was hard for him to leave the situation he was in last year in his home country in the midddle of the season though.

And the Jazz want these guys?

sign him for MLE Mitch!!

mini-MLE

Think about how many times you've done something illegal and how many times you've been caught. That's just dependent on how good your accountant/lawyer and yourself are at hiding your revenue. It's been done multiple times before and continues on to this day with trillions of assets being written off illegally. There are so many legal loopholes and contradictions that you could have multiple Ph.Ds in legal studies and still not know all the ins and outs of every type of legal system.

Could depend on what country your in and how much(or how little) law enforcement and corruption are going on like here.

i dont think he will come to nba again to be anybody's backup

Came off the bench in SLC.

PickernRoller
07-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Let's see. For a backup forward, someone who will not affect his team that much, Prokorov, billionaire and smart man that he is, would risk losing his team.

You think that if you like. It's stupid.

I am not arguing the Russian doing it or not...I am just saying it's "very possible" in the realm of possibilities and the probability of such thing being known if done properly is a slim 0.01%. You're talking about a billionaire...you think the NBA keeps taps on his bank accounts :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Like I said, I am not saying this is a common occurrence or that this is a risk the guy is willing to take I am just saying it can be done and very well. Some perspective - How do you think politicians get paid?

Horatio33
07-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Love him on the Spurs, at forward next to Duncan. Good defender and shotblocker.

niko
07-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I am not arguing the Russian doing it or not...I am just saying it's "very possible" in the realm of possibilities and the probability of such thing being known if done properly is a slim 0.01%. You're talking about a billionaire...you think the NBA keeps taps on his bank accounts :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Like I said, I am not saying this is a common occurrence or that this is a risk the guy is willing to take I am just saying it can be done and very well. Some perspective - How do you think politicians get paid?

You can talk about your movie scenarios and ill talk about real life. People are not going to risk losing their billion dollar asset to pay a SF under the table. I know people get a hard on for conspiracy shit but too ****ing bad. It's not happening.

Meticode
07-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Is Roy really starting? Whenever I see people list the Timberwolves depth chart, people are so inclined in putting Roy in the starting SG role.

Xiao Yao You
07-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Is Roy really starting? Whenever I see people list the Timberwolves depth chart, people are so inclined in putting Roy in the starting SG role.

I'd think you'd want him on the bench. He probably won't be able to bring it every game. Might sit on back to backs?

B-Easy8
07-25-2012, 09:17 AM

We don't really have any other options. Im assuming Wes will continue to start at the 3 and Budinger is a backup. Im assuming it will be Roy or Shved. Roy will probably get the start but won't play more than 30mins.

niko
07-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Roy starting is a terrible option. He's guaranteed to get hurt, and you'll come to rely on him.

Duderonomy
07-25-2012, 09:30 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_evasion

http://againstlineofdance.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/themoreyouknow.jpg
Exactly, anyone was is smart enough to make 9 figures or more is smart enough to not give 35% to the government without doing any research. But to get back on the subject is really couldn't care less if we sign him or not. He hasn't played at a high level for a long time now.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Exactly, anyone was is smart enough to make 9 figures or more is smart enough to not give 35% to the government without doing any research. But to get back on the subject is really couldn't care less if we sign him or not. He hasn't played at a high level for a long time now.
If I asked you how many games or videos you have watched of AK you would say zero. So please don't offer baseless comments based of looking at NBA.com. It's pitiful. AK can play at an extremely high level. He can give any team 11-14 PPG with several rebounds, assists, and he is a very good defender. His versatility to play the 3 and 4 and in rare occasions the 2 make him a very coveted player. Again, to everybody, don't offer your shit if you haven't even watched any mentioned player.

niko
07-25-2012, 09:42 AM
If I asked you how many games or videos you have watched of AK you would say zero. So please don't offer baseless comments based of looking at NBA.com. It's pitiful. AK can play at an extremely high level. He can give any team 11-14 PPG with several rebounds, assists, and he is a very good defender. His versatility to play the 3 and 4 and in rare occasions the 2 make him a very coveted player. Again, to everybody, don't offer your shit if you haven't even watched any mentioned player.
I'd worry more about him staying healthy than his skill level. I don't know if he can play starters minutes over a season.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
I'd worry more about him staying healthy than his skill level. I don't know if he can play starters minutes over a season.
That's definitely a concern and a bench role is pivotal for him. But speaking strictly on his contributions, he certainly gives you a bit of EVERYTHING. that's what I like about him.

B-Easy8
07-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Roy starting is a terrible option. He's guaranteed to get hurt, and you'll come to rely on him.

He will be the 4th option in the starting lineup, I doubt he will be relyed upon. Rubio will handle the ball 90% of the time, we just need him to score 12-14 ppg.

niko
07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
He will be the 4th option in the starting lineup, I doubt he will be relyed upon. Rubio will handle the ball 90% of the time, we just need him to score 12-14 ppg.
It's not production, he won't stay healthy playing too many minutes and playing every day. AK-47 too. These are players that are great complimentary signings, not great starters (would ak-47 start?) As starters, they will break down.

Yung D-Will
07-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Ak has always been much more effective playing the 4 than the 3. Biggest regret is that we never played him t the 4 more in the d-will era.

Xiao Yao You
07-25-2012, 09:58 AM

Rubio is coming off an injury. When Roy is feeling good he could still be the number 2 option but the bench seems like the best place for him. Also AK who will miss games as well. Budinger and Shved could be your best options starting wise on the wing.