PDA

View Full Version : Remember when lebron tried to guard The Almighty in the 2011 Finals?

noosaman
07-24-2012, 06:55 PM
And The Almighty simply spun on him and dunked for the and-one?

The media was hyping up lebron so hard that series as attempting to guard The Almighty. Meanwhile he ended up getting humiliated by Jason terry of all people.

PickernRoller
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM

The media was hyping up lebron so hard that series as attempting to guard The Almighty. Meanwhile he ended up getting humiliated by Jason terry of all people.

I think it was Marion who called him a b1tch on National TV.

AlonzoGOAT
07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
OP thinks dirk is the best player in the world ban this troll jeff

Mr. Incredible
07-24-2012, 07:05 PM
LeBron will have more championships, Finals MVPs and regular season MVPs than Dirk. U Mad?

SilkkTheShocker
07-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't think anyone could guard Dirk during those playoffs.

PJR
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Dirk wins his first title in 14 years, after multiple years of choking, including getting owned by an 8th seeded Warriors team, and he's "The Almighty"?

Oh.

StateOfMind12
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I remember how Dirk shot 40% in that series. I find it hilarious how people act as if Dirk dominated the Finals when he actually had probably his worst playoff series in that playoff run.

I never thought LeBron was that great of a defender until 2012. I always thought he was elite and all-defensive worthy but not great and DPOY worthy until 2012.

Segatti
07-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think anyone could guard Dirk during those playoffs.

Yeah because Dirk had two top 20 players along with him in his prime... hum, no.

spacebump
07-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I remember how Dirk shot 40% in that series. I find it hilarious how people act as if Dirk dominated the Finals when he actually had probably his worst playoff series in that playoff run.

U mad!

chips93
07-24-2012, 07:13 PM
i miss negs :(

SilkkTheShocker
07-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah because Dirk had two top 20 players along with him in his prime... hum, no.

Where did I say otherwise? Im one of the biggest Dirk defenders on the site. I just don't get the point of hating on Lebron for not guarding Dirk well. I can see hating on him for Terry going off or Marion the 1st few games, but Dirk was a pretty damn good that series.

Suckafree
07-24-2012, 07:17 PM

I never thought LeBron was that great of a defender until 2012. I always thought he was elite and all-defensive worthy but not great and DPOY worthy until 2012.

If you have a gamewinner in a finals, it pretty much immediately means you had a good series

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Dirk wins his first title in 14 years, after multiple years of choking, including getting owned by an 8th seeded Warriors team, and he's "The Almighty"?

Oh.

Lebron wins his first title in 9 years, after multiple years of choking, including one year where he has another top 3 nba player, and he's the "Chosen One"?

noosaman
07-24-2012, 07:19 PM
I think it was Marion who called him a b1tch on National TV.

That was awesome. Marion raping him on both ends (pun intended)

noosaman
07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Dirk shot 42% and that was really only due to the flu game. He shot 50% in 3 of the 6 games.

CelticBaller
07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
He's called the almighty for a reason

SpecialQue
07-24-2012, 07:21 PM
i miss negs :(

Repped.

spacebump
Lebron wins his first title in 9 years, after multiple years of choking, including one year where he has another top 3 nba player, and he's the "Chosen One"?
DWade was not a top 3 player last playoffs. His knee really hurt his game.

noosaman
He's called the almighty for a reason

THIS.

Also in the OP I meant 'when lebron tried to guard The Almighty in that one possession' since he quit after being humiliated.

truhooper
07-24-2012, 07:23 PM
LeBron will have more championships, Finals MVPs and regular season MVPs than Dirk. U Mad?

:cheers:

SilkkTheShocker
07-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Definitely a tough series to watch for me. Lebron choking, Terry going off, Dirk game 2, Barea driving non-stop, ugh. Was happy for Marion and Kidd though. Two of my favorite players ever. Still love Marion even though he called Bron a bitch :oldlol:

SpecialQue
07-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Remember when the owner of Dirk's team cleared up all this cap space to sign elite players, only to see them avoid his team like the plague?

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 07:25 PM
We're talking about playoffs 2011. Wade is definitely a consensus top 3.

Wade
2011 Finals 29.8ppg 8rpg 4.3apg 1.6 TO 58 FG%
Lebron
2011 Finals 17ppg 7.3rpg 6.3apg 3.6 TO 46 FG%

noosaman
07-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Remember when the owner of Dirk's team cleared up all this cap space to sign elite players, only to see them avoid his team like the plague?

But who cares? Dirkules had the greatest run in NBA history.

chips93
07-24-2012, 07:36 PM

they still have cap space for next year, when dwight and cp3 will be available

a shot at d-will/howard/cp3 > overpaying chandler/terry/barea

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 07:36 PM

Yes he was. He was the best player in the Finals last year besides Dirk.

PJR
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM

Lol LeBron choked one year. The 2011 Finals, that's it.

b1imtf
07-24-2012, 07:38 PM
But who cares? Dirkules had the greatest run in NBA history.

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 07:39 PM
The Dirk stans actually make the Kobe stans look great.

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdqy27KsqYk
:confusedshrug:

SpecialQue
07-24-2012, 07:41 PM
they still have cap space for next year, when dwight and cp3 will be available

a shot at d-will/howard/cp3 > overpaying chandler/terry/barea

Good point.

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 07:43 PM

Is there a reason why you hate LeBron so much?

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Is there a reason why you hate LeBron so much?
Well, I was just responding to the guy. Can't fault me on that.

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Well, I was just responding to the guy. Can't fault me on that.

I know, but is there a reason why?

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I know, but is there a reason why?
Just don't respect the fact that at his prime he had to team up with 2 other great players. He really could've went somewhere and created his own legacy. He was the best player in the league.. one more star and good role players should've been all he needed.

If he went to the Knicks (or anywhere to create his own team with another star) we could have had a Knicks/Bulls/Heat/Celtics/Pacers strong east. Instead we have this BS now where the Heat pretty much has no opponent in the East. What fun is playoffs basketball when only one conference is interesting?

Bottomline, I would rather see more competitive basketball, and see whether he is a man that can lead his team or not. He's failed, and that's fine. He could have had a chance to prove himself after leaving Cavs to create his own legacy. But this is the path he took. He redeems himself by teaming up with 2 other all-time players, so that his team always has a big advantage over the other team.

PJR
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM

Just lost to a better team with multiple options, and threats. Not a choke.

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Just don't respect the fact that at his prime he had to team up with 2 other great players. He really could've went somewhere and created his own legacy. He was the best player in the league.. one more star and good role players should've been all he needed.

If he went to the Knicks (or anywhere to create his own team with another star) we could have had a Knicks/Bulls/Heat/Celtics/Pacers strong east. Instead we have this BS now where the Heat pretty much has no opponent in the East. What fun is playoffs basketball when only one conference is interesting?

Bottomline, I would rather see more competitive basketball, and see whether he is a man that can lead his team or not. He's failed, and that's fine. He could have had a chance to prove himself after leaving Cavs to create his own legacy. But this is the path he took. He redeems himself by teaming up with 2 other all-time players, so that his team always has a big advantage over the other team.

I understand what you mean, but the east has been by no means easy. Besides the Sixers and Knicks in the first round, Boston has been extremely tough the last two years. The ECF was a 7 game series; even I wasn't sure if Miami could win in Boston down 3-2. The Bull series was really close even though it ended in 5. The Pacers series woke the team up and put LeBron in "championship" mode; that was a 6 game series.

I'm happy LeBron went to the Heat. Why should LA, NY, and Chicago get all the best players? I've never been a fan of a great team before. Even though he teamed up with other players, it's cool to see other teams in it for once.

CelticBaller
07-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I understand what you mean, but the east has been by no means easy. Besides the Sixers and Knicks in the first round, Boston has been extremely tough the last two years. The ECF was a 7 game series; even I wasn't sure if Miami could win in Boston down 3-2. The Bull series was really close even though it ended in 5. The Pacers series woke the team up and put LeBron in "championship" mode; that was a 6 game series.

I'm happy LeBron went to the Heat. Why should LA, NY, and Chicago get all the best players? I've never been a fan of a great team before. Even though he teamed up with other players, it's cool to see other teams in it for once.
Of course, I'll be happy if Dwight Howard would want to play for my team :oldlol:

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Of course, I'll be happy if Dwight Howard would want to play for my team :oldlol:

:lol

NumberSix
07-24-2012, 08:16 PM

This. People act as if Dirk had some kind of dominant finals. Dude was alright.

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 08:19 PM
What if you weren't a fan of the Heat? Of course anyone would be happy a top NBA player going to play for their team.

From my angle just now, I didn't really care which team were who. The teams were just names. I just wanted the stars to be spread out, and the conference could be competitive.

It would have been (and teams are just names, not markets):
Knicks: Lebron, Amare
Bulls: Rose, Deng, Noah
Celtics: Rondo, Garnett, Ray, Pierce
Heat: Wade, Bosh, (without lebron's salary, they could've gotten great role players too)
Pacers: their current team
Magic: Dwight

Wouldn't this be a more interesting basketball conference? As a basketball fan, wouldn't this be more interesting in the playoffs? If you're not a fan of the heat, why would watching the Heat vs Knicks, or Pacers this year be interesting? It really wasn't that competitive.

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
What if you weren't a fan of the Heat? Of course anyone would be happy a top NBA player going to play for their team.

From my angle just now, I didn't really care which team were who. The teams were just names. I just wanted the stars to be spread out, and the conference could be competitive.

Heat: Wade, Bosh, (without lebron's salary, they could've gotten great role players too)

Wouldn't this be a more interesting basketball conference? As a basketball fan, wouldn't this be more interesting in the playoffs? If you're not a fan of the heat, why would watching the Heat vs Knicks, or Pacers this year be interesting? It really wasn't that competitive.

I understand your point. The NBA has never had parity. That's just how it is. :confusedshrug:

Besides, looking at those teams, the Heat would be irrelevant without LeBron. Wade and Bosh aren't going to cut it if Wade can't stay healthy; people always laugh at Bosh and don't even consider him a top 5 PF. That's basically at best a 2nd round exit.

The best teams would be the Knicks, Celtics, and Bulls. All big markets.
Pacers, Magic, and Heat would be just 1st to 2nd round exits for those teams.

Instead of the Knicks, it's the Heat with the Bulls (when healthy) and Celtics.

AlonzoGOAT
07-24-2012, 08:27 PM

Basketball fan but hates the best player in the world :lol and you actually think people outside of miami don't watch the heat? I saw a shit load of laker fans in every game thread this year :lol. He's the best player on the team/league and that's just how it is your level of hate is pathetic and unwarranted

PJR
07-24-2012, 08:27 PM
So you wanted LeBron to put himself in worse situation, with a defensive liability in Amare, and a lunatic owner in Jim Dolan, just for your selfishly and foolish reasons? How much sense does that make?

LeBron was actively recruited by an organization with great infrastructure, led by Pat Riley, and had salary flexibility out the ass. He would've been stupid not to go to Miami.

Your bashing the guy because he's not selfish enough to your liking lol... Give me a break. Basketball is a team game, and I'm glad LeBron showed he is the ultimate team player.

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
It would still be a conference dominated by big market teams. If LeBron went to Chicago it would be over for the league. If he went to NY the big markets win and all the Knick fans talk trash all year.

Every scenario outside of Miami isn't that great either.

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Besides, looking at those teams, the Heat would be irrelevant without LeBron. Wade and Bosh aren't going to cut it if Wade can't stay healthy; people always laugh at Bosh and don't even consider him a top 5 PF. .
During 2011 Wade was still a Top 3 NBA player, and as a Heat fan you should know how Bosh is underrated. They would've been fine, especially for the east, and when they can get better role players.

Basketball fan but hates the best player in the world :lol and you actually think people outside of miami don't watch the heat? I saw a shit load of laker fans in every game thread this year :lol. He's the best player on the team/league and that's just how it is your level of hate is pathetic and unwarranted
I've said he's the best player in the league multiple times
but as the best player he still needs a top 2 SG and top PF to win. Why shouldn't I laugh at him? :confusedshrug:

So you wanted LeBron to put himself in worse situation, with a defensive liability in Amare, and a lunatic owner in Jim Dolan, just for your selfishly and foolish reasons? How much sense does that make?

Your bashing the guy because he's not selfish enough to your liking lol... Give me a break. Basketball is a team game, and I'm glad LeBron showed he is the ultimate team player.
1st paragraph: I used Knicks as an example. He could've went to any other place, teamed up with any other star.
2nd paragraph: Yeah.. he showed he's the ultimate loser, teaming up is the only way he can win and "redeem" himself :oldlol:

DaSeba5
07-24-2012, 08:37 PM
During 2011 Wade was still a Top 3 NBA player, and as a Heat fan you should know how Bosh is underrated. They would've been fine, especially for the east, and when they can get better role players.

Yes Bosh is very underrated. We don't win the title without him.

Wade is still a top 3 player when he actually plays at a high level healthy. The problem is that he can't stay healthy. Imagine this season with no LeBron and a hurt Wade? Now we're the Raptors.

I'm sure they would be a good team, but a team that can win a title? I doubt it. The Bulls and Celtics would still be in the ECF every year. And then there's still the Spurs, OKC, and the Lakers. Miami doesn't beat OKC with just Wade and Bosh.

But like I said, I understand your point. However, the conference would still be dominated by two teams. The east would still be top heavy.

Cali Syndicate
07-24-2012, 08:39 PM

And Lebron shot 48% which means Lebron was better?

And yeah Dirk was dominant because he brought the noise when the game was in the balance in crunch time all series long.

Lebron bandwagon fans are ridiculous.

Kblaze8855
07-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Bosh missed half the playoffs and put up 14/8 in the games he did play. He straight Horace Granted it and they won it all. People really have to stop with the Lebron winning with 2 superstars shit.

With Bosh as he was...

Really...Lebron had a team on the floor along the lines of the 95 Rockets. Wade was pretty drexlerish, Horry from that time was playing about as well as Bosh did and he didnt miss almost half the playoffs, and they had a gang of shooters too right down to role players setting finals records for threes.

2011 Heat as they actually were in the playoffs? Nothing of note by title team standards. Id take the supporting casts of 25 champs since 1980 over the 2011 Heat and like 22 of them wouldnt even be close.

The Heat the way people envisioned them is an easy team to win with. As they ended up? Not a speck of "Lebron needed all that help" shit can be justified.

Wade getting his knee drained and Bosh on the bench or playing Otis thorpe level ball is not some godly level of help. At least 20 non title teams off the top of my head were better far as talent on the court during those playoffs. 20 in my time watching...

Kblaze8855
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
And yeah Dirk was dominant because he brought the noise when the game was in the balance in crunch time all series long.

If Dirk was dominant in those finals its the lowest standard ive ever seen set for the word far as MVP level players.

Dirk was dominant vs the Thunder. Great vs the Lakers. He was ok vs the Heat.

Maybe...pretty good.

But he wasnt anything like dominant. If the finals were dominant...what was he in the WCF? Superduperuntradominant?

Cali Syndicate
07-24-2012, 08:43 PM
If Dirk was dominant in those finals its the lowest standard ive ever seen set for the word far as MVP level players.

Maybe...pretty good.

But he wasnt anything like dominant. If the finals were dominant...what was he in the WCF? Superduperuntradominant?

Yes.

StateOfMind12
07-24-2012, 08:45 PM
And Lebron shot 48% which means Lebron was better?
I never said that. I'm just saying Dirk didn't really have a good series especially compared to what did against LAL and OKC. Plus, part of my was that I was trying to bait the OP since he is clearly a Dirk stan.

Lebron bandwagon fans are ridiculous.
Dirk was great in crunch-time in the Finals but he was only average or pretty good in the 1st 3 quarters which also matters.

noosaman

Maybe...pretty good.

I guess you missed Game 2 of the Finals.

He shot 50% in 3 of the 6 games, all with a broken finger and playing with the flu and against a far more talented team. Who was his 2nd option? Jason terry? JJB. Get the hell out of here. Lebron got destroyed straight up by Marion while Dirk was the sole focus of an entire defense game in and game out.

DaSeba5
Dirk was decent to pretty good in the Finals. His team just played out of their minds.

Like KBlaze said, the Heat aren't even the most stacked team in a while. It's annoying how people say LeBron was carried to a title.

We do not win a title without LeBron. He put up Wilt numbers against Indiana and Boston. I mean he's not even in my top 3 favorite players, but you just have to respect him. It's been far from easy.

Kblaze8855
07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
I guess you missed Game 2 of the Finals.

Ive not missed a finals game since 1986.

He shot 50% in 3 of the 6 games, all with a broken finger and playing with the flu and against a far more talented team. Who was his 2nd option? Jason terry? JJB. Get the hell out of here. Lebron got destroyed straight up by Marion while Dirk was the sole focus of an entire defense game in and game out.

Which means exactly nothing to the bottom line.

If the finals was dominant what was the WCF?

The 2011 finals isnt even noteworthy far as dirks best playoff play.

ripthekik
07-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Bosh missed half the playoffs and put up 14/8 in the games he did play. He straight Horace Granted it and they won it all. People really have to stop with the Lebron winning with 2 superstars shit.

With Bosh as he was...

Really...Lebron had a team on the floor along the lines of the 95 Rockets. Wade was pretty drexlerish, Horry from that time was playing about as well as Bosh did and he didnt miss almost half the playoffs, and they had a gang of shooters too right down to role players setting finals records for threes.

2011 Heat as they actually were in the playoffs? Nothing of note by title team standards. Id take the supporting casts of 25 champs since 1980 over the 2011 Heat and like 22 of them wouldnt even be close.

The Heat the way people envisioned them is an easy team to win with. As they ended up? Not a speck of "Lebron needed all that help" shit can be justified.

Wade getting his knee drained and Bosh on the bench or playing Otis thorpe level ball is not some godly level of help. At least 20 non title teams off the top of my head were better far as talent on the court during those playoffs. 20 in my time watching...
Just as you say people are overrating Wade and Bosh, you are underrating them.
They might not have put up great numbers throughout the playoffs, but did they have to? Just because they didn't, does it mean they didn't contribute as much? Don't getting eaten up by the numbers man.

Without Bosh the Heat fell behind and had to rally to both the Pacers and Celtics. It took a monumental game by Lebron in Game 6(yes i'll give him that) and then a return by Bosh in game 7 to beat the Celtics. Bosh in the finals made a lot of hustle plays, he basically made it work.

Wade? He was injured yes, but he could still play like a top 3 nba at any given night, that's the dangerous part. That's because at any time that Lebron goes flat, Wade comes and play a few minutes of his prime, and that's enough to save the Heat. 17/25 for 40 points and 10 rebounds? Who else besides Kobe in the league can put up those numbers? In the finals, he came up with HUGE plays as well. Ones that stopped the Thunder's momentum, and he stepped in moments exactly where the Heat needed him, even if it was only 5 minutes, and his boxscore at the end of the game came out to be shiit.

The point isn't what they actually did... it's that they're available. And they did step up.. despite what the boxscore tells you.

It's like Team USA right now. Some stars put up shiit numbers compared to their production in the NBA. Does it mean the main players were the only ones contributing? No.. if the main players weren't hot.. these players could step up even if it was just for 5 minutes, and destroy the momentum of the other team. It's not what they bring.. it's the fact that they are available to step up and perform at any moment.

Kblaze8855
07-24-2012, 09:16 PM
People in general arent overrating Wade and Bosh because most people arent online mad at the fact that they spent years saying shit about him that has been proven wrong.

Ive not heard anyone I talk to in person about basketball(many people) act like Bosh was anything worth talking about in the playoffs. Ive never thought he was great to begin with. Ive been making that case on here since 2007.

Wade is great...all time great...but he wasnt in these playoffs. He was maybe...Mitch Richmond level? Dude is getting his knee drained multiple times and was clearly hurt which I guess was the reason he had the operation that has him out of the olympics. He had a couple big games. Nobody said a non peak Wade cant have a big game. Drexler who I compared him to did the samer in 95. Had a 41/9/6 68% shooting game in the playoffs and had 31/10/8 the next night on 58%. Drexler in 95 was capable of a lot. Had 41/18 and 40/8 in the same week. Not like I compared Wade to Troy Hudson.

Far as Bosh? You talking about him making hustle plays and just chipping in like a role player gets props for.

No actual superstar...ever....is praised for the level he played on in the playoffs.

He was not a superstar in the playoffs and really...has not played on a superstar level since Toronto. And I wasnt terribly impressed then.

There is nobody anyone would even jokingly attach the word superstar to who could play like Bosh did and miss 11 games and have it called anything of note.

Their performances cant be spun into any "Dont look at the numbers!" thing like you need to see stats to notice they were off. half the time Wade had good numbers he wasnt even close to his usual performances in reality. Wade was out there looking like a shell of himself like 30% of the time and Bosh was Bosh in name alone.

Nothing special about the level of help Lebron had for a title team. Big names on players not playing at the level that earned them the names.

noosaman
07-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Ive not missed a finals game since 1986.

Which means exactly nothing to the bottom line.

If the finals was dominant what was the WCF?

The 2011 finals isnt even noteworthy far as dirks best playoff play.

Thats why he is THE Almighty. People take what he does for granted. It's just various shades of incredible.

RIP CITY
07-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Thats why he is THE Almighty. People take what he does for granted. It's just various shades of incredible.

Your delusional posts on how great Dirk is are various shades of incredible and also, hilarious.

ILLsmak
07-25-2012, 12:34 AM
If you have a gamewinner in a finals, it pretty much immediately means you had a good series

lol

-Smak

LakersReign
07-25-2012, 12:50 AM

Dirk made everybody look stupid in last year's Finals. He did the same thing to Bosh, closing seconds of Game 2. All i could do was laugh since the Lebron hype machine said he could play all 5 positions on the floor, and also play "lock down" D. Which seemed to abandon him, whenever he was near Dirk.:lol

Bandito
07-25-2012, 05:04 AM
2years actually,don't forget about 2010 against the Celtics:lol

Boomerang
07-26-2012, 02:18 PM
What happened in 2012?
OH RIGHT HE WON :banana: :banana: :banana: