PDA

View Full Version : AK47 Signs with the Wolves

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

That's an assload of money but he will fit very nicely.

bagelred
07-25-2012, 05:56 PM
And you still think Jeremy Lin is overpaid. :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
07-25-2012, 05:57 PM
that was obvious

FrankTony
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I'd rather pay AK 2y/20m than 4y/46m to Nic Batum

niko
07-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Am i still a hater for saying the Net rumors he was coming to sign for the minimum were stupid and had no chance?

bagelred
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Rubio(white)/Ridnour(white)/Barea(whitish)
Roy (sounds white)/Shved(white)
Kirilenko(white)/Budinger(very white)/Hummel(white)
Love (white)/Williams(mistake)
Pekovic(white)/Steimsma(white)

Minnesota CrackaAssCrackas

UtahJazzFan88
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I'd rather pay AK 2y/20m than 4y/46m to Nic Batum

I probably would as well.

Alexey Shved is white as well.

AK47DR91
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
He is not worth $10M/yr. $3-4M/yr maybe, a big MAYBE...

White Mamba
07-25-2012, 06:04 PM
its so dumb:facepalm

CLTHornets4eva
The length of the contract justifies overspending. This will at least help to make KLove happy until they get bounced in the first round.

DuMa
wow nice pick up. that team is going places. out of the basement for starters

waseem780
he better work out or the wolves Front office oficially are one of the worst if not the worst in nba history throughout the last couple years/... Many ppl thought Wes Johnson would have his breakout year..andas iwas looking forward to watching him aswell. :/ meh.. another thing i also wanted derrick williams to get some minutes even if its him playing @ the 3...but there will be no prob as long as he works out....oh yeah what if Brandon Roy comes back to playing like himself ,,, and what if kirilenko plays outstanding? the twolves r easily destined to the playoffs BUT... rmember they both got two year contracts...

ncrizzle
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
thats a lot of $

UtahJazzFan88
07-25-2012, 06:07 PM
He is not worth $10M/yr. $3-4M/yr maybe, a big MAYBE...

Humphries got 12 mil, Batum around 12 mil, Jeff Green got 9 mil. So really it's not that far fetched of a contract, and with it only being 2 years? That makes it slightly more reasonable.

AK is worth 6-7 mil a year in my eyes, but it's fair to market value.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Am i still a hater for saying the Net rumors he was coming to sign for the minimum were stupid and had no chance?
No. You are a hater for all ofthe other crap you say to devalue the nets though.:oldlol:

****ing ridiculous how AK got overpaid. Geez.

niko
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
No. You are a hater for all ofthe other crap you say to devalue the nets though.:oldlol:

****ing ridiculous how AK got overpaid. Geez.
Such as? Aside from Brook Lopez, who? Always said Deron would sign, never killed Wallace signing (although he is overpaid but who isn't), always rep Marshon.

Basically i don't like Brook Lopez at max dollars. Everyone raise your hands if you disagree! Kidd loves Nets, the net fan said Brook is not even worth $7M a year

waseem780
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
LOOK they ship out Wes Johnson , and a draft pick meaning they want to win NOW. and y so? so then they make the playoffs and Kevin Love doesnt request a trade offer like the other NBA superstars..? very good plan indeed even if meaning spending alot of cha-ching

dunksby
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Finally some defense for the Wolves.

AK47DR91
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Humphries got 12 mil, Batum around 12 mil, Jeff Green got 9 mil. So really it's not that far fetched of a contract, and with it only being 2 years? That makes it slightly more reasonable.

AK is worth 6-7 mil a year in my eyes, but it's fair to market value.
Terrible free agency offseason then. They're all overpaid, Humphries might be the least overpaid one. He at least is a double-double guy, 13/11.

joshwake
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
wow. .... definetly more than I thought he would get. 2 years though isn't a bad contract I suppose. I wouldn't expect too much out of him though, but he will be helpful. I would bring him off the bench but we will have to see what Minny decides to do with him.

Sadly for Minny fans, I don't think this changes things in terms of a playoff run.

niko
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Have they released their alternate WHITE POWER jerseys yet with the nazi logo?

joshwake
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Finally some defense for the Wolves.
AK has great help defense, but it has been getting weaker over the years because he relied heavily on his athleticism. His man defense is average at best. He is an overrated defender, but still a decent one. Not the all-star defender he is often made out to be.

LJJ
07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
He seemed very disillusioned and unmotivated with the Jazz the later seasons, but for what it's worth he really played strongly in the Euroleague last season. He was by far the best player in Europe.

He could come back strongly in the NBA, on such a Eurocentric team. Rubio and Pekovic already play well for the Wolves of course, and Kirilenko can play at a significantly higher level than either of them.

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
he better work out or the wolves Front office oficially are one of the worst if not the worst in nba history throughout the last couple years/... Many ppl thought Wes Johnson would have his breakout year..andas iwas looking forward to watching him aswell. :/ meh.. another thing i also wanted derrick williams to get some minutes even if its him playing @ the 3...but there will be no prob as long as he works out....oh yeah what if Brandon Roy comes back to playing like himself ,,, and what if kirilenko plays outstanding? the twolves r easily destined to the playoffs BUT... rmember they both got two year contracts...
:rolleyes: :facepalm Wes Johnson is a horrible player. He will never breakout.

CLTHornets4eva
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Rubio(white)/Ridnour(white)/Barea(whitish)
Roy (sounds white)/Shved(white)
Kirilenko(white)/Budinger(very white)/Hummel(white)
Love (white)/Williams(mistake)
Pekovic(white)/Steimsma(white)

Minnesota CrackaAssCrackas

Something all the white people in Minnesota can really get behind. :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
I agree that this is hugely overspending BUT we have nothing else to spend it on right now. It's only a 2 year deal (is there any doubt AK47 will opt in?:oldlol: ) and this secures a very good player. This is one move I actually applaud Kahn for.

Punpun
07-25-2012, 06:26 PM

It's almost expected now. :yaohappy:

R.I.P.
07-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Talk about overpaying. :eek:

dunksby
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
AK has great help defense, but it has been getting weaker over the years because he relied heavily on his athleticism. His man defense is average at best. He is an overrated defender, but still a decent one. Not the all-star defender he is often made out to be.
Still 5 times better than any of the other Wolves.

LJJ
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
(is there any doubt AK47 will opt in?:oldlol: )

There are very few players who can make that much money in Europe, but Kirilenko is one of them. Expect him to opt out if things don't go well, which would be best for both parties.

waseem780
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
:rolleyes: :facepalm Wes Johnson is a horrible player. He will never breakout.

dude i was watching a summer league match of the twolves he dropped 28 points..... then at a point during the game i think one of the commentaters said "alot of people think he will have a breakout season"/... and btw i was watching this on NBA Tv..

DuMa
07-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Kirilenko's deal with the Wolves is expected to include a player option for the 2013-'14 season, sources said.

its not overpaid

Raz
07-25-2012, 06:42 PM

Are we expected to take your opinion seriously? You can't even type. Minnesota is a guaranteed playoff team if they stay relatively healthy. The whole team can pass very well, should be a fun team to watch

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM
dude i was watching a summer league match of the twolves he dropped 28 points..... then at a point during the game i think one of the commentaters said "alot of people think he will have a breakout season"/... and btw i was watching this on NBA Tv..
So? It's summerleague. I've watched every single game of his. He is awful.

Raz
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM

I think they are releasing them tomorrow at the same time the Celtics release their black panther alternates.
Garnett/ Wilcox/ Collins/ Melo
Bass/ Sullinger
Pierce/ Green/ Joseph
Lee/ Bradley/ Christmas
Rondo/ Terry/ Dooling

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Are we expected to take your opinion seriously? You can't even type. Minnesota is a guaranteed playoff team if they stay relatively healthy. The whole team can pass very well, should be a fun team to watch
We would be guaranteed if Rubio if wasn't injured. Who knows how long it will take him to be 100% again.

FireMcFailPlease
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM
this team is going to be much better with turds like beasley,wes johnson, martell webster and dorko not getting any run.

Clifton
07-25-2012, 06:49 PM
A two-year contract is awesome. It doesn't matter how much it's for. 2 years $30 mil would be ok. The bad contracts are the ones that run for 4, 5, 6 years... and a guy's on the 2nd or 3rd year of it and underperforming. And you're like crap... I still owe this guy $40 mil over the next 3 years and he doesn't even start.

he just got signed to a new team and he has to prove himself. And in one year's time? He's an expirer. That means he will have to perform in order to get another contract. Also that means he can be traded for an aging or disgruntled player with a big contract and a team that wants to save money... which there always seem to be.

Plus he is a good fit. This is the best passing team we've seen in a while. Their 1-4 all have a case for being the best passer in the league at their position. Or at least one of the 3 best.

FireMcFailPlease
07-25-2012, 06:49 PM
wes johnson sucks. he floats around the perimeter and jacks 20 ft jumpshots.

chips93
07-25-2012, 06:50 PM
There are very few players who can make that much money in Europe, but Kirilenko is one of them. Expect him to opt out if things don't go well, which would be best for both parties.

10 million a year in europe? he only made 3 mill a year last season in moscow

waseem780
07-25-2012, 07:17 PM
So? It's summerleague. I've watched every single game of his. He is awful.

my point wasnt if he is good or not its if he will have a breakout season and it seems so...AHAHAHAHA who am i kidding the dude sucks u guys win...BUT one thing 4 sure he was getting better and in the right system can excel possibly

R.I.P.
07-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Kirilenko's deal with the Wolves is expected to include a player option for the 2013-'14 season, sources said.

its not overpaid

Does he expect to find a team that will pay him even more?:roll:

Droid101
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
I think they are releasing them tomorrow at the same time the Celtics release their black panther alternates.
Garnett/ Wilcox/ Collins/ Melo
Bass/ Sullinger
Pierce/ Green/ Joseph
Lee/ Bradley/ Christmas
Rondo/ Terry/ Dooling
http://www.grayflannelsuit.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/oh_snap.gif

stallionaire
07-25-2012, 07:30 PM

Wes Johnson is the worst player in the league. Watch him in actual games that matter, please. Not ones against prospects who might never play in the NBA.

Droid101
07-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Wes Johnson is the worst player in the league. Watch him in actual games that matter, please. Not ones against prospects who might never play in the NBA.
I think he and Derek Fisher had the worst PER's in the league of any player who played over 15 minutes a game or some such. Simply awful.

stallionaire
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
he isnt a starter................................. and its better than a couple notable players but wutever... he has a bit of talent definetly not no.4 overall pick........ imagine we got demarcus cousins at center with the 4th pick instead

He got starting minutes on Minnesota for most of last season. Idiot.