PDA

View Full Version : patty mills showing why he should be a starting point in the NBA right now

theaussieguy
07-29-2012, 08:05 AM
word

Tenchi Ryu
07-29-2012, 08:12 AM
He's definitely balling.

PyrrhusX
07-29-2012, 08:17 AM
If only Bogut was playing for the Aussies.

Magic731
07-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Strong effort from the Aussies. Thought we'd lose by more. Unlucky foot violation at the end there.

IGOTGAME
07-29-2012, 08:23 AM
What channel?

Magic731
07-29-2012, 08:25 AM
What channel?
Just ended.

alenleomessi
07-29-2012, 08:29 AM
he was like 9 from 25
and 1 from 9 for three
how is that ballin?

Jax
07-29-2012, 08:33 AM
word
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/yoshi2542/1oFtz.gif
:facepalm

Euroleague
07-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Patty Mills is trash. He is the reason Australia lost.

Australia should kick him off their team.

Huge ball hog, zero point guard skills, horrible chucker, terrible shot selection, plays zero defense......

Dellavedova is way better.

Tenchi Ryu
07-29-2012, 08:35 AM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/yoshi2542/1oFtz.gif
:facepalm
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
07-29-2012, 08:37 AM
he was like 9 from 25
and 1 from 9 for three
how is that ballin?

Australians are NBA only fans just like Filipinos, Chinese and Americans.

That means that to an NBA only fan, Mills getting completely dominated by Huertas (5th-6th best PG in Europe) = "ballin".

Remember Euroleague scrubs like Dragic, Jennings, Lawson, and Rubio were "dominant over there" according to these same NBA only fans.

coin24
07-29-2012, 08:42 AM

That means that to an NBA only fan, Mills getting completely dominated by Huertas (5th-6th best PG in Europe) = "ballin".

Remember Euroleague scrubs like Dragic, Jennings, Lawson, and Rubio were "dominant over there" according to these same NBA only fans.

So what if we are NBA only fans?!:confusedshrug: Have you seen the national league in Australia? Its fu*king pathetic. Our team wont even make it out of the pools round...

Still better than your shit team Greece though:lol :lol Nice game Shitnoulis:oldlol: Chumps cant even make the olympics!!:roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-29-2012, 08:43 AM
he was like 9 from 25
and 1 from 9 for three
how is that ballin?
:applause:

PyrrhusX
07-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Nigeria > Europe

Tenchi Ryu
07-29-2012, 08:45 AM
he was like 9 from 25
and 1 from 9 for three
how is that ballin?
You clearly didn't watch the game then, considering when I posted that, the game was still going on, which he had a very good last few min stretch.

He definitely was balling those final few minutes.

poido123
07-29-2012, 08:46 AM

Australia is not a nation that has a big basketball following. Our national league is in jeopardy every year of going broke, there just isnt enough money and support and its poorly run by inept management. Reason I say this is, when we have players that are showing success at any level, we are very proud, so if a player like Patty Mills or Andrew Bogut are playing, the few fans we have here will make light of their success very eagerly.

Anyways, you are not Australian, you might think you know about Australia and its fans but you really don't. You have a bad rep on here, and you should probably stick to what you know, that Eurocrap league whatever it is...

coin24
07-29-2012, 08:46 AM
You are a ****ing idiot. Spanoulis is like 50 billion times better than Mills.

Then remind me why he isnt playing in these olympics?? Or please do tell us what his NBA stats were:lol :lol

Your precious VSpan is a fu*king scrub and Greece are a bunch of losers..

Euroleague
07-29-2012, 08:47 AM
You clearly didn't watch the game then, considering when I posted that, the game was still going on, which he had a very good last few min stretch.

He definitely was balling those final few minutes.

I watched the game. He is the sole reason why Australia lost the game. If they had played with Dellavedova and Ingles running point the whole game and never let Mills in the game - they would have beaten Brazil.

Conversely, Splitter and Barbosa were so horrible for Brazil that they still almost lost, despite how horrible of a game Mills played.

coin24
07-29-2012, 08:48 AM
NBA only fans are all retarded as **** idiots.

As opposed to Euroleague fans... Or fan... Just you, because its a shit second rate league where NBA scrubs go to dominate when theyre bored...

Anthony Parker 2x MVP:roll: :roll: :roll:

Back to Arkansas f@ggot

Knicks101
07-29-2012, 08:50 AM
You are a ****ing idiot. Spanoulis is like 50 billion times better than Mills.

And yet, he still sucks. Wow.

Walker
07-29-2012, 08:53 AM
As much as I hate to agree with Eurotrash.... Mills is pretty crap.

poido123
07-29-2012, 08:55 AM
**** you asshole.

:biggums:

poido123
07-29-2012, 08:59 AM
As much as I hate to agree with Eurotrash.... Mills is pretty crap.

As much as I hate to disagree with you as a fellow Aussie, he is a bench player in the NBA, so he isn't a bad player. A bench player in the Australian league, I could probably agree with you. Mills is a little erratic, has lightning speed, but just lacks control at times and throws up off balance shots. His slight frame does disadvantage him when he gets bodied up and pushed around.

Go Getter
07-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Mills is strictly backup/change of pace worthy as far as the NBA goes. Big overreaction by the OP here.

Euroleague
07-29-2012, 09:03 AM
As much as I hate to disagree with you as a fellow Aussie, he is a bench player in the NBA, so he isn't a bad player. A bench player in the Australian league, I could probably agree with you. Mills is a little erratic, has lightning speed, but just lacks control at times and throws up off balance shots. His slight frame does disadvantage him when he gets bodied up and pushed around.

He's an NBA level player................

so ****ing what?

He's still a terrible player and Ausutralia can't ever do anything good as a team as long as he is their point guard.

The NBA is filled with hundreds of scrub players. Mills is one of them.

poido123
07-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Mills is strictly backup/change of pace worthy as far as the NBA goes. Big overreaction by the OP here.

No doubt. He is not a good player if we are comparing him to NBA standard. As a player coming from Australia? Then he is a star :lol

Euroleague
07-29-2012, 09:05 AM
No doubt. He is not a good player if we are comparing him to NBA standard. As a player coming from Australia? Then he is a star :lol

Is he?

Funny............I am think of guys like Andrew Gaze as being "stars" from Australia.

On the current Australia team, Newley, Ingles, Dellavedova, Baynes, Maric, Andersen - are all better players than Mills is.

Yes, Mills is an NBA level player. But he still sucks. Not for lack of ability. But for the fact that he plays like such an idiot.

Go Getter
07-29-2012, 09:05 AM

so ****ing what?

He's still a terrible player and Ausutralia can't ever do anything good as a team as long as he is their point guard.

I don't get it, if the NBA is full of scrubs and Euroleague is so much better why can't they win anything? Why did you prediction of Spain winning the WC blow up in your face? Why did NBA scrub Anthony f-in Parker win 2 MVP's in your vaunted league?

Don't bother answering, we all know the answers to these queries.....it's because your favorite league is 2nd rate.

SyRyanYang
07-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I thought Euroleague was banned. What's with all these anger bro. You were a much more poised troll

poido123
07-29-2012, 09:10 AM

so ****ing what?

Says you the keyboard warrior...:facepalm And what credentials do you have? Have you ever done something meaningful in basketball?

poido123
07-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Go **** yourself you racist POS.

Pretty sure his statement wasnt racist. He was identifying that Euroleague is an inferior league to the NBA and he is right. 99% of people would agree with his opinion.

SyRyanYang
07-29-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm sick of all these posts by a bunch of racists and ******s.
Maybe you should consider about getting a new account and start all over again. Leave the past behind

SyRyanYang
07-29-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm sick of all these posts by a bunch of racists and ******s.
There was a nationality count earlier this month and it appears more than half of the posters here ain't American. Many of them are actually from Europe

coin24
07-29-2012, 09:20 AM
There was a nationality count earlier this month and it appears more than half of the posters here ain't American. Many of them are actually from Europe

:lol :lol this..

Euroleague doesn't understand what racist means:roll: fu*king inbred go back to Arkansas :oldlol:

Go Getter
07-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Pretty sure his statement wasnt racist. He was identifying that Euroleague is an inferior league to the NBA and he is right. 99% of people would agree with his opinion.
He knows this as well but his petty existance depends on European players being equals to the Americans. Maybe one day, but right now, as far as basketball, we are a cut above the world.

With that said i can admit we aren't the best in Rugby, tennis, soccer, etc.....I don't see how my opinion on basketball makes me so jaded when I can see that clearly.

Myth
07-29-2012, 10:10 AM
I like Mills, but a team must be in trouble if he is their starting point.

poido123
07-29-2012, 10:16 AM
I like Mills, but a team must be in trouble if he is their starting point.

:lol Now if Kyrie Irving was to be our starting point guard, Mills would make a great backup and form a solid PG rotation. Its a shame, The australian team wouldnt be half bad, with Irving, Bogut and Mills in the team. For those that don't know, Irving was born in Australia...

Rooster
07-29-2012, 11:29 AM
99% of people that have seen a Euroleague game think it is better than the NBA and would punch you in your stupid face for saying NBA is better.

Andrei Kirilinko, Euroleague MVP.:oldlol:

He just got called up to the major league:cheers:

Euroleague
07-29-2012, 11:30 AM
someone tell rooster he just made my Christmas card list.

bluechox2
07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
99% of people that have seen a Euroleague game think it is better than the NBA and would punch you in your stupid face for saying NBA is better.
:roll:

just how france spanked usa's behind? no wait its the other way around

miamiandorlando
07-29-2012, 11:45 AM
someone tell rooster he just made my Christmas card list.
:roll:

Go Getter
07-29-2012, 11:53 AM
My friend from HS plays ball in Europe and he's not even top 5 players at my school much less top 10 in the hood.

IGOTGAME
07-29-2012, 11:56 AM
My friend from HS plays ball in Europe and he's not even top 5 players at my school much less top 10 in the hood.

depends where he plays. I'm confident that I could get back in shape and play in some crap league. doesn't mean its worth it. But, I can guarantee you that it isn't the Euroleague.

Go Getter
07-29-2012, 12:33 PM
depends where he plays. I'm confident that I could get back in shape and play in some crap league. doesn't mean its worth it. But, I can guarantee you that it isn't the Euroleague.
He played at Xavier he's not a bum. I just lived in an area that spawned a lot of NFL & NBA players, lol. Stop interrupting the Lakas tripping session. Every year during international play "the Lakas" flares up and we have to quell it's maniacal hold on the board.

So could Lebron Average a triple double in Euroleague?

How long before he has a statue, street, local cuisine in his name?

Would/Could a Greek Club for example make him the richest black man in sports?

Xiao Yao You
07-29-2012, 02:36 PM

Well Stockton's kid is supposed to be playing on a second division club in Germany which sounds like it should be a crap team but he looked pretty good in Summer League.

BuffaloBill
07-29-2012, 03:08 PM
lol patty you goon

32MJ32
07-29-2012, 09:09 PM
As usual, there's about 3 sensible posts in the 3 pages of this thread, because Insidehoops sucks.

With that out of the way, I don't think Patty is the type of guy that you'd want starting for your squad - at the NBA level that is.

He had a couple of big games at the end of last season which indicate he belongs in the NBA, but I'd say he'd fits much better in a JJ Barrea at Dallas type role. He may mature and round out his game further, but right now he's a guy who puts pressure on the defense with his speed and can get hot and fill it up. I'm not sure I'd trust him running an NBA team full time, though. I've followed Patty intently at all levels and one thing stays constant in his game: he looks for his own offense first and foremost.

As for this Euroleague guy, there hasn't been a dumber statement than "Joe Ingles running point instead of Mills gives Australia a better chance to win" since the beginning of time. I've watched Joe Ingles play since he was 17. He's not a point guard and he never will be a point guard.

And, without being unfair to Joe, who I like a lot, if he and some of the other guys you listed (Newley, being one) had made some perimeter shots, Australia would have had a far better chance at winning that game. And your boys Andersen and Maric should try, you know, to grab a rebound every now and then.

Australia didn't lose that game because of Mills, they lost that game because a lot of guys didn't play well.

outbreak
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
As usual, there's about 3 sensible posts in the 3 pages of this thread, because Insidehoops sucks.

With that out of the way, I don't think Patty is the type of guy that you'd want starting for your squad - at the NBA level that is.

He had a couple of big games at the end of last season which indicate he belongs in the NBA, but I'd say he'd fits much better in a JJ Barrea at Dallas type role. He may mature and round out his game further, but right now he's a guy who puts pressure on the defense with his speed and can get hot and fill it up. I'm not sure I'd trust him running an NBA team full time, though. I've followed Patty intently at all levels and one thing stays constant in his game: he looks for his own offense first and foremost.

As for this Euroleague guy, there hasn't been a dumber statement than "Joe Ingles running point instead of Mills gives Australia a better chance to win" since the beginning of time. I've watched Joe Ingles play since he was 17. He's not a point guard and he never will be a point guard.

And, without being unfair to Joe, who I like a lot, if he and some of the other guys you listed (Newley, being one) had made some perimeter shots, Australia would have had a far better chance at winning that game. And your boys Andersen and Maric should try, you know, to grab a rebound every now and then.

Australia didn't lose that game because of Mills, they lost that game because a lot of guys didn't play well.

Good to see someone with a brain posting here, they all shot horribly that game and had alot of turn overs. All the guys listed by Euroleague aren't close to Mills really, Mills looks like a shot jacker but that's because he has to be in our offence at the moment. He's a level above them in athleticism and against other athletic country he's the only guy who can really penetrate properly and is also usually our best shooter. Watch more then 1 game before you go writing off people Euroleague. Oh by the way when's greece's first game?

Mills shouldn't be a starter but he should have a larger role off the bench, Spurs are stacked though but most other clubs could use him well.

SevereUpInHere
07-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Anyone know why Bogut isn't playing? Still injured? I watched it at the pub but wasn't really paying attention to the game.

EoJ
07-29-2012, 09:48 PM
lolpattyyougoon.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

32MJ32
07-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Anyone know why Bogut isn't playing? Still injured? I watched it at the pub but wasn't really paying attention to the game.

Yeah, still rehabbing his ankle. Bad times. We could have REALLY used him last night. Brazil's guards were waltzing in for layups all night.

maxhornets
07-30-2012, 01:23 AM
If Bogut was playing I think we would have a decent shot at getting a medal. Without him playing its gonna be pretty tough..

hawkfan
07-30-2012, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAEXvzrnU34

Mills will never outlive this.

B-Easy8
07-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Australia is not a nation that has a big basketball following. Our national league is in jeopardy every year of going broke, there just isnt enough money and support and its poorly run by inept management. Reason I say this is, when we have players that are showing success at any level, we are very proud, so if a player like Patty Mills or Andrew Bogut are playing, the few fans we have here will make light of their success very eagerly.

Anyways, you are not Australian, you might think you know about Australia and its fans but you really don't. You have a bad rep on here, and you should probably stick to what you know, that Eurocrap league whatever it is...

Our league is actually pretty good talent wise we just don't have the supreme athleticism. The management of the NBL is beyond shit and it isn't advertised at all. There is a big market in Australian basketball they just need to push it harder. Teams like Perth and NZ are still selling out every week.

I don't think Mills played that well, he is more of a 2 guard to me in a PG's body but he is so small that he is barely big enough to play PG. When he played in the NBL he wasn't that special either, his team were just in the playoff hunt before he left and I remember he got dominated by Damian Martin.

32MJ32
07-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Mills was leading the NBL in scoring when he left for China. It's hard to argue that he didn't produce.

Damian Martin did get after him but I think he's one of the best on ball defenders in the world. Certainly the best in Australia. I was surprised when he didn't make the Olympic team for these games.

B-Easy8
07-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Mills was leading the NBL in scoring when he left for China. It's hard to argue that he didn't produce.

Damian Martin did get after him but I think he's one of the best on ball defenders in the world. Certainly the best in Australia. I was surprised when he didn't make the Olympic team for these games.

Sorry I didn't mean didn't produce but I expected more from a NBA caliber player. He was leading the league in scoring but was playing a lot more minutes than guys like Lisch and Khazzouh and was shooting close to or under 40% from the field. He was still good don't get me wrong but just not that good.

Yeah I really would have liked to see Martin in this team over Gibson. Martin is so much better than Gibson at every facet of the game bar shooting and his incredible all round defence would have been the perfect complement to Mills.

On another note I really hope a NBA team picks up Khazzouh, he has the talent and size to do well.

Droid101
07-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Nigeria > Europe
Notice he will never acknowledge it.

Ether.

32MJ32
07-30-2012, 03:43 AM
Sorry I didn't mean didn't produce but I expected more from a NBA caliber player. He was leading the league in scoring but was playing a lot more minutes than guys like Lisch and Khazzouh and was shooting close to or under 40% from the field. He was still good don't get me wrong but just not that good.

Yeah I really would have liked to see Martin in this team over Gibson. Martin is so much better than Gibson at every facet of the game bar shooting and his incredible all round defence would have been the perfect complement to Mills.

On another note I really hope a NBA team picks up Khazzouh, he has the talent and size to do well.

Khazzouh's another guy who was super stiff to miss out. I'd much rather him than Neilsen, who has been on a steady decline since about 2008 and yet, still gets a walk up start for every Boomers team. He may be a terrific guy and great captain but he had 1 point, 5 boards in 30-something minutes and had some ridiculous turnovers. Not gonna get it done.

Brett Brown, if you're reading, please don't start Neilsen against Spain. The Gasol brothers and Ibaka will eat his soul.

Andersen could easily start at the 4 with his shooting range and Khazzouh the 5. That would give Australia a couple of legitimate scoring options in the post, which were lacking last night. I like Maric and Baynes but their physical styles doesn't mesh with the way FIBA refs call the games. They get whistled on every 3rd possession.

bluechox2
07-30-2012, 03:49 AM
mills cant do it for 82 games

TheBigVeto
07-30-2012, 04:17 AM
he was like 9 from 25
and 1 from 9 for three
how is that ballin?

Shit dude, Kobe was like 6/24 and got MVP.
So the above stats qualify as 'ballin' by standards applied to Kobe.

B-Easy8
07-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Khazzouh's another guy who was super stiff to miss out. I'd much rather him than Neilsen, who has been on a steady decline since about 2008 and yet, still gets a walk up start for every Boomers team. He may be a terrific guy and great captain but he had 1 point, 5 boards in 30-something minutes and had some ridiculous turnovers. Not gonna get it done.

Brett Brown, if you're reading, please don't start Neilsen against Spain. The Gasol brothers and Ibaka will eat his soul.

Andersen could easily start at the 4 with his shooting range and Khazzouh the 5. That would give Australia a couple of legitimate scoring options in the post, which were lacking last night. I like Maric and Baynes but their physical styles doesn't mesh with the way FIBA refs call the games. They get whistled on every 3rd possession.

I agree about Nielsen, he shouldn't start but he is a good leader so he should just back up the 4. I would have liked to see Khazzouh back up Maric and he could play a larger role if Maric isn't getting it done. Maric and Baynes are good but they are far to one dimensional and I think Khazzouh would have provided a good change.

Walker
07-30-2012, 05:47 AM

Mills wasn't playing PG on offence though, Ubaka was. They tried to let him run the offence and he looked terrible in those games.
Which really proves the point that he's really a tiny, tiny SG.

AMISTILLILL
07-30-2012, 05:57 AM
So, you're saying they're smart?

poido123
07-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Shit dude, Kobe was like 6/24 and got MVP.
So the above stats qualify as 'ballin' by standards applied to Kobe.

:lol

32MJ32
07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Mills wasn't playing PG on offence though, Ubaka was. They tried to let him run the offence and he looked terrible in those games.
Which really proves the point that he's really a tiny, tiny SG.

No offense, but your post doesn't make a lot of sense. He wasn't playing PG but he looked terrible playing PG?

He had the ball in his hands just as much as Ubaka did

outbreak
07-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I read Khazzouh and Majok told us that they wouldn't be available for the olympics as they were focusing on summer league? If that's not true it's a pretty horrible move not including Khazzouh, he's our most promising big in my opinion.

Euroleague
07-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Good to see someone with a brain posting here, they all shot horribly that game and had alot of turn overs. All the guys listed by Euroleague aren't close to Mills really, Mills looks like a shot jacker but that's because he has to be in our offence at the moment. He's a level above them in athleticism and against other athletic country he's the only guy who can really penetrate properly and is also usually our best shooter. Watch more then 1 game before you go writing off people Euroleague. Oh by the way when's greece's first game?

Mills shouldn't be a starter but he should have a larger role off the bench, Spurs are stacked though but most other clubs could use him well.

Brad Newley > Mills

David Andersen > Mills

Aron Baynes > Mills

Joe Ingles > Mills

Matt Dellavedova > Mills

Aleks Maric > Mills

outbreak
07-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Brad Newley > Mills

David Andersen > Mills

Aron Baynes > Mills

Joe Ingles > Mills

Matt Dellavedova > Mills

Aleks Maric > Mills

Dude seriously stop with this crap. Have you watched us play with out mills? He takes so many shots because that's his role on this team against other top level countries. When he has a good shooting game we win or come close to it. Everyone played like crap in the last game and we lost. Go back to jerking it to Span or something because you suck at criticizing the Australian team.

Grinder
07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Why wasn't Daniel Kickert selected? He's a really solid player and can play both the 4 and 5. No doubt he's better than an aging Nielsen.

I liked what I saw from Baynes in the first game. I was surprised to see Barlow sitting on the bench the entire game.

B-Easy8
07-30-2012, 09:14 PM
I read Khazzouh and Majok told us that they wouldn't be available for the olympics as they were focusing on summer league? If that's not true it's a pretty horrible move not including Khazzouh, he's our most promising big in my opinion.

I think that's false because Khazzouh tryed out for the team but didn't make it past the final cut which I think is awful since he is arguably our best big man behind Bogut. Majok is utter trash so he probably said that to save face.

B-Easy8
07-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Why wasn't Daniel Kickert selected? He's a really solid player and can play both the 4 and 5. No doubt he's better than an aging Nielsen.

I liked what I saw from Baynes in the first game. I was surprised to see Barlow sitting on the bench the entire game.

Too many bigs is why Kickert didn't make it. He was on our tryout team but didn't make it past the last cut. He is better than Nielsen but we can't drop our captain (even though I wish we would).

kobron23
07-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Brad Newley > Mills

David Andersen > Mills

Aron Baynes > Mills

Joe Ingles > Mills

Matt Dellavedova > Mills

Aleks Maric > Mills

you are pathetic. put any of those players on the spurs and compare them to what mills has done this past season. he has been great too bad he got to the spurs later in the season. cant wait to see him play a full season in the nba.

32MJ32
07-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Brad Newley > Mills

David Andersen > Mills

Aron Baynes > Mills

Joe Ingles > Mills

Matt Dellavedova > Mills

Aleks Maric > Mills

Based on what?

Only one of the guys you listed there is a point guard and could be validly compared to Mills, and that's Dellavedova. With all due respect to him, he was very ordinary against Brazil. And aside from that game, I'm not sure he's ever started for Australia. There's virtually no argument you can make that he's a better player than Mills.

And what exactly is your issue with Mills? That he plays in the NBA and people think he is great based on that alone? I'm not sure anyone in Australia thinks that is the case. You're arguing with yourself.

The fact is, he's been our best performed player for the last few Boomers campaigns (many of which Bogut has missed due to injury) and he led our national league in scoring when he played here briefly this year. Australians think he's a good player because he plays well for Australia and in Australia.

You need to relax.

Euroleague
07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Dude seriously stop with this crap. Have you watched us play with out mills? He takes so many shots because that's his role on this team against other top level countries. When he has a good shooting game we win or come close to it. Everyone played like crap in the last game and we lost. Go back to jerking it to Span or something because you suck at criticizing the Australian team.

Australians know even less about basketball than Americans do.

PATHETIC.

Euroleague
07-30-2012, 10:09 PM

Barlow sucks. He's a complete scrub.

Euroleague
07-30-2012, 10:11 PM
you are pathetic. put any of those players on the spurs and compare them to what mills has done this past season. he has been great too bad he got to the spurs later in the season. cant wait to see him play a full season in the nba.

Mills is freaking garbage. Everyone of those players I listed is better than him.

CavaliersFTW
07-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Mills is freaking garbage. Everyone of those players I listed is better than him.
how the F*CK have you not been banned? :roll:

Euroleague
07-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Based on what?

Only one of the guys you listed there is a point guard and could be validly compared to Mills, and that's Dellavedova. With all due respect to him, he was very ordinary against Brazil. And aside from that game, I'm not sure he's ever started for Australia. There's virtually no argument you can make that he's a better player than Mills.

And what exactly is your issue with Mills? That he plays in the NBA and people think he is great based on that alone? I'm not sure anyone in Australia thinks that is the case. You're arguing with yourself.

The fact is, he's been our best performed player for the last few Boomers campaigns (many of which Bogut has missed due to injury) and he led our national league in scoring when he played here briefly this year. Australians think he's a good player because he plays well for Australia and in Australia.

You need to relax.

Based on the comments in this thread, Australians are even dumber than Americans.

Euroleague
07-30-2012, 10:13 PM

Maybe because Jeff knows that people like you are TROLLS and so he just ignores your false abuse complaints.

32MJ32
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Based on the comments in this thread, Australians are even dumber than Americans.

1. I didn't abuse you, mate. Take it easy.

2. Do you care to answer any of my questions? I'm genuinely interested as to why you think Mills is such a poor player. And moreover, why Dellavedova (who's still in college, by the way) is better.

G-train
07-31-2012, 12:35 AM
Patty Mills is trash. He is the reason Australia lost.

Australia should kick him off their team.

Huge ball hog, zero point guard skills, horrible chucker, terrible shot selection, plays zero defense......

Dellavedova is way better.

This post is basically correct.
Mills is completely overrated.
Australian guards in general shoot too much and are self ambitious.

raptorfan_dr07
07-31-2012, 12:40 AM
As opposed to Euroleague fans... Or fan... Just you, because its a shit second rate league where NBA scrubs go to dominate when theyre bored...

Actually it's more like 4th or 5th rate. D-League>>>>Euroleague. WNBA>>>>Euroleague. NCAA>>>>Euroleague.

Seriously. I tried watching Euroleague games before when NBA TV sometimes broadcasts them and I couldn't sit through it, it was so damn terrible. I'd rather watch the WNBA, no joke. I bet Candace Parker would be a multiple time MVP if she played in Mens Euroleague considering she's better than her brother and he was 2 time Euro MVP!

Nigeria proved all you need is a couple NBA scrubs and you can beat some of the best teams Europe has to offer.

I feel bad for Patty Mills, without Andrew Bogut he's stuck trying to carry a hopeless bunch of scrubs.

G-train
07-31-2012, 12:45 AM

Joe Ingles played PG for AIS. I personally witnessed this from about 3 feet away.
I agree that our forwards should play tougher and rebound better.

G-train
07-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Actually it's more like 4th or 5th rate. D-League>>>>Euroleague. WNBA>>>>Euroleague. NCAA>>>>Euroleague.

Seriously. I tried watching Euroleague games before when NBA TV sometimes broadcasts them and I couldn't sit through it, it was so damn terrible. I'd rather watch the WNBA, no joke. I bet Candace Parker would be a multiple time MVP if she played in Mens Euroleague considering she's better than her brother and he was 2 time Euro MVP!

Nigeria proved all you need is a couple NBA scrubs and you can beat some of the best teams Europe has to offer.

I feel bad for Patty Mills, without Andrew Bogut he's stuck trying to carry a hopeless bunch of scrubs.

Pretty bad attempt at trolling.

chips93
07-31-2012, 12:50 AM

because people like you continue to give him attention, and provide views in his threads, and thats all jeff cares about, views

32MJ32
07-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Joe Ingles played PG for AIS. I personally witnessed this from about 3 feet away.
I agree that our forwards should play tougher and rebound better.

Okay. He was how old at the AIS? 16? How far back are we gonna go here? I'm sure Newley played some point as a junior in Adelaide, too, but we're talking about at senior level. Ingles has been a 2 since he started at South (paired with Heal, Franklin, Gibson et al.)

Also, he's every bit as dribble happy as Mills - so I'm not sure what it's going to achieve playing him at the point instead. I certainly don't think it gives us any better chance to win, as Euroleague claimed (which I was responding to).

And I'm not sure if our guards are too shot happy or if they understand that they have to score because we get little to nothing from the 4/5. I'd actually like to see Newley shoot MORE and be more agressive. And I'd like to see Barlow gets some burn because he's the only guy who's perimeter shot I trust. (They should have begged CJ to come back)

I don't see Maric, Andersen and Neilsen putting the ball in the hole against legitimate opposition and I don't think our guards do, either.

Aidz
08-02-2012, 07:51 AM
lol watching Patty Mills vs China now.

Last 4 possessions:
-fast break lay-up blocked
-bricked three
-drops pass for turnover

7/18 shooting for the match.

Patty Mills: poor man's Iverson.
This guy is only good for 10 minutes garbage time and defending against other quick, undersized guards (Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul).

And I am Australian.

unknowns8
08-02-2012, 08:35 AM
lol watching Patty Mills vs China now.

Last 4 possessions:
-bricked three
-drops pass for turnover

7/18 shooting for the match.

Patty Mills: poor man's Iverson.
This guy is only good for 10 minutes garbage time and defending against other quick, undersized guards (Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul).

And I am Australian.

yeah that was rough that little phase of play, wasn't it... especially the two emphatic blocks, completely spoiled the good work he had done in the first half... 12pts or somethin in first half on decent FG%