PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 NBA season predictions

blood yes
07-30-2012, 11:36 PM
free agency is pretty much over, and most teams have their roster set!

Predict your 2012-2013 nba season results!!

Here's mine:

EAST
1.Miami Heat (no question there)
2.Indiana Pacers (They were really good last year, 2 allstars in granger and george)
3.Philly 76ers (Turner will be amazing this year, guaranteed)
4.Boston Celtics (Old, but will still get HCA in the 1st round)
5.Brooklyn Nets (With Joe and Deron, should be great year)
6.Chicago Bulls (BEFORE BULL HOMERS SAY ANYTHING, i would like to say that Derrick Rose is most likely to miss 55-65 games, but they will be dangerous in playoffs :D)
7.New York Knicks (Sorry knick fans, but you guys suck)
8.Cleveland Cavaliers (Bold pick, i know, but i feel kyrie irving, tristan thompson, and daniel gibson will GET THE JOB DONE)
Rest of the teams in order from 9-15
Magic(wont have dhoward), bucks, hawks, raptors, pistons, wizards, bobcats

WEST:
1.Los Angeles Lakers (I think they end up getting dhoward before season starts)
2.Oklahoma City Thunder(No questions)
3.Los Angeles Clippers (CP3+BLake=lob city, not as good as chris smoove tho)
4.San Antonio Spurs(they lose a bounce in their step, but 4 seed aint bad)
5.Memphis Grizzlies(Zbo+Rudy+gasol=beast)
6.Dallas Mavericks(These guys suck now, idk how they won in 2011
7.Minnesota Timberwolves(RICKY RUBIO, NUFF SAID)
8.New Orleans Hornets(Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Austin Rivers, and Aminu(who is beasting in the olympics). These guys are going to be amazing)
Denver Nuggets(DONT GET MAD Denver fans, the west will be tough this year!!), Utah Jazz, Portland Trailblazers, GS Warriors, Sacramento Kings, Pheonix Suns, Houston Rockets(I love jeremy lin, but that houston team is a MESS)

MVP:Lebron or Durant, maybe even Kobe
ROY:Anthony Davis (15ppg, 12.5rpg, 3apg, 3.8blks-leads league in blocks
DPY:Anthony Davis(Rookie wins DPY, how bout that :)
6th man: Daniel Gibson
MIP:Evan Turner

^^Those are my predictions, give me yours :)

EDIT:I also predict Miami Heat over LA Lakers in 6 or 7

blood yes
07-30-2012, 11:54 PM
cmon, i know you guys are out there...

ncrizzle
07-31-2012, 12:04 AM
free agency is pretty much over, and most teams have their roster set!

Predict your 2012-2013 nba season results!!

Here's mine:

EAST
1.Miami Heat (no question there)
2.Indiana Pacers (They were really good last year, 2 allstars in granger and george)
3.Brooklyn Nets (With Joe and Deron, should be great year)
4.Boston Celtics (Old, but will still get HCA in the 1st round)
5.Philly 76ers (Turner will be amazing this year, guaranteed)
6.Chicago Bulls (BEFORE BULL HOMERS SAY ANYTHING, i would like to say that Derrick Rose is most likely to miss 55-65 games, but they will be dangerous in playoffs :D)
7.New York Knicks (Sorry knick fans, but you guys suck)
8.Cleveland Cavaliers (Bold pick, i know, but i feel kyrie irving, tristan thompson, and daniel gibson will GET THE JOB DONE)
Magic(wont have dhoward), bucks, hawks, raptors, pistons, wizards, bobcats

WEST:
1.Los Angeles Lakers (I think they end up getting dhoward before season starts)
2.Oklahoma City Thunder(No questions)
3.Los Angeles Clippers (CP3+BLake=lob city, not as good as chris smoove tho)
4.San Antonio Spurs(they lose a bounce in their step, but 4 seed aint bad)
5.Memphis Grizzlies(Zbo+Rudy+gasol=beast)
6.Dallas Mavericks(These guys suck now, idk how they won in 2011
7.Minnesota Timberwolves(RICKY RUBIO, NUFF SAID)
8.New Orleans Hornets(Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Austin Rivers, and Aminu(who is beasting in the olympics). These guys are going to be amazing)
Denver Nuggets(DONT GET MAD Denver fans, the west will be tough this year!!), Utah Jazz, Portland Trailblazers, GS Warriors, Sacramento Kings, Pheonix Suns, Houston Rockets(I love jeremy lin, but that houston team is a MESS)

MVP:Lebron or Durant, maybe even Kobe
ROY:Anthony Davis (15ppg, 12.5rpg, 3apg, 3.8blks-leads league in blocks
DPY:Anthony Davis(Rookie wins DPY, how bout that :)
MIP:Evan Turner

^^Those are my predictions, give me yours :)

EDIT:I also predict Miami Heat over LA Lakers in 6 or 7

First off, this same thread is probably on the 1st page. Second, u think the hornets will make the playoffs and the nuggets wont
:biggums:

TexasBloodMoney
07-31-2012, 12:04 AM
:roll: How the hell do you put the Hornets over Denver or even GS for that matter. It's insane how competetive the West is gonna be, which is exactly why you shouldn't put N.O as the 8th seed. Gimme Ty Lawson over unibrow for the last slot in the west.

And then cleveland at the 8th seed in the east? Over the Hawks and Bucks? :facepalm

Daniel Gibson as the 6th man of the year????

Anthony Davis averaging those numbers???

cmon.

Cone
07-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Maybe mavs won in 2011 because they had a completely different team?

:biggums:

blood yes
07-31-2012, 12:17 AM
:roll: How the hell do you put the Hornets over Denver or even GS for that matter. It's insane how competetive the West is gonna be, which is exactly why you shouldn't put N.O as the 8th seed. Gimme Ty Lawson over unibrow for the last slot in the west.

And then cleveland at the 8th seed in the east? Over the Hawks and Bucks? :facepalm

Daniel Gibson as the 6th man of the year????

Anthony Davis averaging those numbers???

cmon.

If you have noticed,i put the nugets in 9th place, so it is not like i think they are bad. The thing is,i have TREMENDOUS faith in davis, rivers, and gordon. They are a dangrous team. Every player in their starting lineup can average 15-20 points a game, and Davis is probably the best rookie since Lebron James. There is a reason he was invited to play in the OLYMPICS THIS YEAR.

Also, i have good faith in daniel gibson. Unlike Mike Brown, Byron Scott likes gibson, and believes he is the best defender on the cavs. Irving will be averaging 24 and 8, and lets be honest here, the bucks no longer have joe johnson, and Al, Josh Smith arent getting it done.

The bucks have jennings and ellis, but their bench is reallly thin

Also, Anthony Davis is a number 1 pick

chips93
07-31-2012, 12:47 AM

http://i55.tinypic.com/x5nymo.gif

Kews1
07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Celtics will finish in the top3 in the east, BOOK IT

LikeABosh
07-31-2012, 12:50 AM
Not gonna make any prediction until the teams are set.

Zackmorris
07-31-2012, 02:20 AM
Terrible list but ok.

I also would wait till all the teams are set in stone.

Raz
07-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Moron. Take the time to look back a few pages:
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7612160#post7612160

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2012, 03:05 AM
No offense, but I get the idea that you couldn't think of a third player on our roster. :oldlol:

I can only predict one thing that is absolutely certain to happen... Whether we are in the playoffs or in the lottery, Gibson will play absolutely no role in either.

Now, you could go with Varejao, Waiters, Zeller or Gee and it would be a completely understandable prediction.

28renyoy
07-31-2012, 03:32 AM
If Davis averaged those numbers, won DPOY, and the Hornets made the playoffs he would be the runaway MVP

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2012, 03:35 AM
I didn't even notice this...

:wtf:

Are you related to Boobie?

blood yes
07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270602005

Nuff said. Boobie is a beast

Also, my predictions are way better than that other thread's predictions

ncrizzle
08-01-2012, 02:26 AM

You lose all credibility when you have the hornets and the cavaliers both in the 8 spot

SourPatchKids
08-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Definitely agree with OP on Turner reaching a whole nother level this year.

midatlantic09
08-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Definitely agree with OP on Turner reaching a whole nother level this year.

I don't think he'll be "amazing" like the OP stated, but I think he'll average something like 14, 7, and 5.

1987_Lakers
08-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Miami, LAL, & OKC will be the only teams contending for a title.

UtahJazzFan88
08-01-2012, 11:17 AM
West
1. OKC Thunder
2. LA Lakers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. LA Clippers
5. Memphis Grizzlies
6. Dallas Mavericks
7. Utah Jazz
8. Denver Nuggets

East
1. Miami Heat
2. Boston Celtics
3. Indiana Pacers
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. New York Knicks
6. Chicago Bulls
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Orlando Magic (Thinking Dwight will stay until February)

MVP: Durant
ROY: Damian Lillard
DPY: Serge Ibaka
6th man: Manu Ginobili
MIP: Michael Beasley

niko
08-01-2012, 11:26 AM
If Dwight is not a Laker by the start of the season, he finds things in his back that force him to not play.

People expect Brooklyn to mesh instantly, so the fact they are 8-7ish after 15 games caused the board to call them the worst team ever. (No one recants after they win 5 in a row after that point.)

Lin is lin, shoots a lot, turns it over a lot, makes a lot of good plays. Media says he sucks.

Hornets backcourt cannot co-exist.

Miami is in cruise control all regular season.

DukeDelonte13
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Boobie is still living off the hype from his big game in the playoffs against Detroit. He is a 6'1 often injured SG that has failed to develop any PG skills.

I like the guy, but so many cavs fans overrate the sh*t out of him. Last season some people were saying this guy was the better guard than sessions. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Boobie is still living off the hype from his big game in the playoffs against Detroit. He is a 6'1 often injured SG that has failed to develop any PG skills.

I like the guy, but so many cavs fans overrate the sh*t out of him. Last season some people were saying this guy was the better guard than sessions. :oldlol:
He is what he is... A very good shooter and not much else. That is really all he ever was.

There's a reason that we've gone with backcourt selections with our highest picks in each of the last two drafts.

Gibson was a second round draft choice. He has carved out a place for himself in the league and will stick around just because of his dead-eye shooting... That is more than can be said for the majority of late draft picks.

But he is never going to be anything more than a limited role player wherever he is. The fact that he still has people touting him as the reason for a team's future success makes me scratch my head.

niko
08-01-2012, 01:42 PM

They are funnier if that is what you mean.

b1imtf
08-01-2012, 01:42 PM
OP is a *******

kennethgriffin
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Lakers vs bulls finals
lakers win
kobe finals mvp

durant season mvp

Pra
08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
NOLA over Denver really? Not mad, but my boy Faried will shut down Anthony Davis lol.

Anyway.. not bad predictions... but the 7/8th seeded spot are going to be a fight between Denver, Utah, Phoenix,Portland, Golden State and or Minnesota.

I'll give NOLA 2-3 more seasons sir.

SAC looks good on paper, maybe they will do something?

HOU has no one really ;/ gotta give them a few more seasons.

blood yes
08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
NOLA over Denver really? Not mad, but my boy Faried will shut down Anthony Davis lol.

Anyway.. not bad predictions... but the 7/8th seeded spot are going to be a fight between Denver, Utah, Phoenix,Portland, Golden State and or Minnesota.

I'll give NOLA 2-3 more seasons sir.

SAC looks good on paper, maybe they will do something?

HOU has no one really ;/ gotta give them a few more seasons.

Thanks

And like i said, the nuggets are good, but the west is gonna be INCREDIBLY strong this year

Pra
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks

And like i said, the nuggets are good, but the west is gonna be INCREDIBLY strong this year

Yeah man, craziness.

blood yes
08-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Where are you guys?

blood yes
08-02-2012, 07:25 PM
You lose all credibility when you have the hornets and the cavaliers both in the 8 spot
Says the guy who made his account in July :facepalm

NugzFan
08-02-2012, 08:38 PM

eh, let him be. nola is a fun, trendy pick right now. we certainly arent.

but id rather have real Ws instead of projected ones.

NugzFan
08-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks

the west has been incredibly strong for years.

but i can definitely see the hornets making ~21 games in the standings on us this summer. makes sense. :applause:

NugzFan
08-02-2012, 08:40 PM

why does join date matter? :confusedshrug:

ncrizzle
08-02-2012, 09:32 PM
First off, this is a new account. Second off , you are a fvcking loser. Seriously, how much of a hard on did you get when you thought to write that comeback? Even if this was my first account a goddamn monkey wearing a bowtie would know that those 8 seeds are comeplete garbage. Go ram your flesh light right after you go get your fvcking shinebox. Congratulations. Everyone that just read your post knows you should have been aborted.

:: pisses all over blood yes ::

blood yes
08-02-2012, 11:21 PM
First off, this is a new account. Second off , you are a fvcking loser. Seriously, how much of a hard on did you get when you thought to write that comeback? Even if this was my first account a goddamn monkey wearing a bowtie would know that those 8 seeds are comeplete garbage. Go ram your flesh light right after you go get your fvcking shinebox. Congratulations. Everyone that just read your post knows you should have been aborted.

:: pisses all over blood yes ::

LMFAO, piss with ur ******.

Please, i know your dad raped you when you were a little kid, and i know ur mom ripped ur ***** off, but please, calm down :D

ncrizzle
08-02-2012, 11:56 PM
LMFAO, piss with ur ******.

Please, i know your dad raped you when you were a little kid, and i know ur mom ripped ur ***** off, but please, calm down :D

Sorry, but you are still pathetic. I usually dont stoop down to ppls levels as urs. But checking me becuase i joined last month? ( which i said this is a new account)? That is about as nerdy as possible. Im sure you would love for me to piss on you with my pvssy, because that would be the first time you have gotten close to one

Why you are bringing family rape into this makes it even weirder. Just go back into your hole and kill yourself. Its not like anyone gives 2 sh1ts about what u have to say about the NBA. Holla

BuffaloBill
08-03-2012, 12:18 AM
The Spurs will have the top seed again

TMacMagic
08-03-2012, 12:21 AM
The bulls are going to do better than everyone thinks, D-Rose will be back in the playoffs, and Tracy Mcgrady will get his first championship. :D

blood yes
08-12-2012, 10:52 PM
My Howard prediction was right, and I am going to fix up my predictions with the big trade!!!

blood yes
08-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Helllloooooooo

SpecialQue
08-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Stop bumping your own weak-ass threads.

blood yes
08-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Stop bumping your own weak-ass threads.
Give your prediction noob!