PDA

View Full Version : CJ Miles to Lakers?

UtahJazzFan88
07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
https://twitter.com/tribjazz

Brian T. Smith ‏@tribjazz

UFA small forward C.J. Miles drawing serious interest from Los Angeles Lakers, league source tells @sltrib.

C.J. Miles continues to explore free agent options and has narrowed decision to a few teams. Could sign in next 2-3 days.

C.J. Miles considering signing one or two-year deal with Lakers, source says, likely for mini mid-level.

Miles' other options are strong, but Lakers have current edge.

Miles would be a decent fit off the bench for the Lakers as a SG/SF. Can create his own shot, pretty inconsistent, solid athlete and defender, so basically he's another JR Smith (but I like him better than JR).

MJ(Mean John)
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Good. And he's a quality defender.
I'm on the fence with Blake.
If he can BALL like he has before, keep em.

If he can't, we need another lead guard off the bench

Rekindled
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
hell no to CJ miles, dude is one of the most inefficient player in the league, rather have nobody than brining in a inefficient chucker

AirTupac
07-31-2012, 07:30 PM
hell no to CJ miles, dude is one of the most inefficient player in the league, rather have nobody than brining in a inefficient chucker

Miles > Morris, Goudelock, Odom

Do it Mitch... for the right price.

Batz
07-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Anyone > Steve Blake

Rekindled
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Miles > Morris, Goudelock, Odom

Do it Mitch... for the right price.

or we can just the money on someone else who can actually shoot

the lakers dont need another wing that is horrendus at outside shooting

scm5
07-31-2012, 07:36 PM
or we can just the money on someone else who can actually shoot

the lakers dont need another wing that is horrendus at outside shooting

He's a good defender though.

I don't mind it that much. We do need better shooters though.

AirTupac
07-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Miles held opponents to 28.6% in isolation situations. Pretty decent defender who can get hot. I'll take him over Blake, Morris, Goudelock, Odom etc.

Rekindled
07-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Miles held opponents to 28.6% in isolation situations. Pretty decent defender who can get hot. I'll take him over Blake, Morris, Goudelock, Odom etc.

i would be fine with miles if lakers still will get another wing or 2 who can actually shoot. otherwise it still doesnt solve the no.1 issue for the lakers which is perimeter shooting .

miles is one of the worst shooter in the nba for a wing player

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-31-2012, 07:40 PM
dude shoots 41% and cannot hit the 3 pointer.
He is NOT what the Lakers need.
Lakers need a deadly 3 point shooter.
I hope they don't waste the MMLE on this guy.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-31-2012, 07:41 PM
he sucks. would be a waste of MMLE.

Rekindled
07-31-2012, 07:43 PM

any player in the nba is better than those bums, doesnt mean you should spend you MLE on him

lakers need to go after a deadly 3 point shooter, otherwise nash will struggle mightly

AirTupac
07-31-2012, 07:45 PM
any player in the nba is better than those bums, doesnt mean you should spend you MLE on him

lakers need to go after a deadly 3 point shooter, otherwise nash will struggle mightly

If it was only that easy, free agents are running thin (good ones at least), Lakers need to make a move.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-31-2012, 07:47 PM
If it was only that easy, free agents are running thin (good ones at least), Lakers need to make a move.
that's why God invented trades.

MiseryCityTexas
07-31-2012, 07:49 PM
At least he's better than Matt bitchmade Barnes. :oldlol:

AirTupac
07-31-2012, 07:49 PM
that's why God invented trades.

McRoberts for Ray Allen

Rekindled
07-31-2012, 07:51 PM
At least he's better than Matt bitchmade Barnes. :oldlol:

actually matt barnes had a better statistical season than cj miles

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-31-2012, 07:54 PM
McRoberts for Ray Allen
I like where your head is at!

wang4three
07-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Is he still tubby?

dbugz
07-31-2012, 08:05 PM

But why? CJ can play the 5 dude :oldlol: :oldlol:

qrich
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Would be a nice pick-up, would've preferred him to Willie Green but it is what it is.

Might no be a deadly shooter, but does have talent. If you want a one dimensional shooter, sign Michael Roll or Richie Frahm for the min.

UtahJazzFan88
07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
actually matt barnes had a better statistical season than cj miles

Yeah because CJ actually shot the ball quite often, I'm not even looking at any stats, but I'm willing to bet CJ put up a lot more shots, so lower FG%.

Rooster
07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Hopefully Lakers will be able to nab him. There will be close games and I cringe on the idea of leaving Nash or Blake out there. He can be like that defensive guard on close games switching with Nash in between timeouts. I think he have better shooting as a catch and shoot kinda guy compare to creating his own shots.

BlackVVaves
07-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Very good defender. Would help the Lakers no doubt, but you guys should be using that mini MLE on an offer to T-Will.

If Mitch could use whatever magic he has left and sign Miles to the Veteran's Mininum, would be a superb move.

If not, it's a good move. Not great, but not bad.

RRR3
07-31-2012, 09:35 PM
CJ Miles percentages get worse every year :lol

Since 2008:
48% FG, 39% 3PT
46% FG, 36% 3PT
43% FG, 34% 3PT
41% FG, 32% 3PT
38% FG, 31% 3PT

:roll: :roll: :roll: Imagine next year

Batz
07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
CJ Miles percentages get worse every year :lol

Since 2008:
48% FG, 39% 3PT
46% FG, 36% 3PT
43% FG, 34% 3PT
41% FG, 32% 3PT
38% FG, 31% 3PT

:roll: :roll: :roll: Imagine next year
http://www.wrapupp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/NASH-LAKERS.png

Challenge accepted.

RRR3
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
http://www.wrapupp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/NASH-LAKERS.png

Challenge accepted.
You realize most of those years were with Deron Williams? I'm sure Nash will help, at least I hope he would, if not then CJ Miles must have some sort of weird curse on him :biggums:

KeyNote
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Wait..for the mini-MLE???..mitch & co said they didn't prefer to use it

there were PLENTY of better options they could've had for the miniMLE earlier in the offseason...now they're gonna use it on CJ Miles?

:confusedshrug:

he's a nice fit, but for the mini-mle the lakers could have done better...and still can..i'd offer the miniMLE to Pietrus before Miles

Batz
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
You realize most of those years were with Deron Williams? I'm sure Nash will help, at least I hope he would, if not then CJ Miles must have some sort of weird curse on him :biggums:
You realize that Nash is a much better point guard than Deron Williams?

Before you flip out, read the point guard part. :oldlol:

RRR3
07-31-2012, 09:45 PM
You realize that Nash is a much better point guard than Deron Williams?

Before you flip out, read the point guard part. :oldlol:
I wasn't gonna flip out :confusedshrug:
**** Deron William's overrated ass

BlackVVaves
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Wait..for the mini-MLE???..mitch & co said they didn't prefer to use it

there were PLENTY of better options they could've had for the miniMLE earlier in the offseason...now they're gonna use it on CJ Miles?

:confusedshrug:

he's a nice fit, but for the mini-mle the lakers could have done better...and still can..i'd offer the miniMLE to Pietrus before Miles

Pretty certain Mitch just said that as a smokescreen. The way free agency has been this year, the less the media and other team's front offices know about your intentions, the better.

ImmortalD24
07-31-2012, 10:41 PM
I actually like CJ. Do it mitch! :rockon:

KingMichael23
07-31-2012, 10:56 PM
I wasn't gonna flip out :confusedshrug:
**** Deron William's overrated ass
LOL @ Deron being overrated.

magnax1
07-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Good. And he's a quality defender.
No. He's really not. He does all the little things about as poorly as one could, and he's awful offensively. He's okay at home games actually, but then he goes on the road and starts chucking three pointers and loses his team a lot of close games. He's really one of the most awful players who gets playing time in the NBA. I really hate the Lakers but I feel bad for any fan that has this guy on their team.
Of course he can play within a role somewhat well like he did with Sloan, but as he's been playing the past 2 years he's just straight up awful. Has no self control on offense.

D-Rose
07-31-2012, 11:43 PM
CJ is a solid roleplayer, but doesn't solve our issue of bench shooting. Who else is available at this point though?

Other swingmen: Mo Evans, Josh Howard, Barbosa, Redd, Derrick Brown, Barnes, Rasual Butler, Sam Young, Martell Webster.

DKLaker
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Anyone > Steve Blake

:cheers:

ImmortalD24
08-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Other swingmen:
Mo Evans
Josh Howard
Barbosa
Derrick Brown
Rasual Butler
garbage x5

Barnes
meh

Redd
Not sure about his level of play in recent years.. but he's a defensive liability, old, and high injury risk.

Sam Young, Martell Webster.
Wouldn't mind either of these two.. especially Sam Young. But CJ Miles is clearly better all-around.

Story Up
08-01-2012, 01:19 AM
I'd rather get Barbosa for the MMLE.
Cj miles is ok, nothing to get excited about.

ImmortalD24
08-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I'd rather get Barbosa for the MMLE.
Cj miles is ok, nothing to get excited about. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Barbosa

is

garbage.

CJ Miles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DuMa
08-01-2012, 01:27 AM
i had him on my fantasy team. constantly chucking and underperforming. dont know why the lakers are excited about this guy. but then again i remember they were excited about getting kapono a year ago

Xiao Yao You
08-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Other swingmen:
Mo Evans
Josh Howard
Barbosa
Derrick Brown
Rasual Butler
garbage x5

Howard isn't garbage. I'd take him over Metta any day of the week! Especially if you are going to run the Princeton offense.

Wouldn't mind either of these two.. especially Sam Young. But CJ Miles is clearly better all-around.

A healthy Martell is a lot better than CJ in every aspect of the game.

CJ had a nice mid range game curling off screens before he starting settling for 3's. He doesn't have the IQ for the Princeton offense. He's still young. Last thing he needs to do is to be learning from Kobe. Phoenix or Denver somewhere like that would be better suited for his game I'd think.

flipogb
08-01-2012, 01:40 AM
i had him on my fantasy team. constantly chucking and underperforming. dont know why the lakers are excited about this guy. but then again i remember they were excited about getting kapono a year ago
can dunk and shoot, thats a better basketball player than Kapono.

LamarOdom
08-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Howard isn't garbage. I'd take him over Metta any day of the week! Especially if you are going to run the Princeton offense.

CJ had a nice mid range game curling off screens before he starting settling for 3's. He doesn't have the IQ for the Princeton offense. He's still young. Last thing he needs to do is to be learning from Kobe. Phoenix or Denver somewhere like that would be better suited for his game I'd think.

Que Webster two pointer down by three with seconds left in 3 2 1

El Kabong
08-01-2012, 04:05 AM
I had high hopes for Miles when the Jazz matched his offer from OKC 4 years ago, but he seemed content to get paid and just become a shot chucker.

I'm sure the Lakers could do worse, and it's not like they'd be playing him big minutes like the Jazz were, but he'd be a last resort type signing for me.

INDI
08-01-2012, 08:54 AM
CJ is a solid roleplayer, but doesn't solve our issue of bench shooting. Who else is available at this point though?

Other swingmen: Mo Evans, Josh Howard, Barbosa, Redd, Derrick Brown, Barnes, Rasual Butler, Sam Young, Martell Webster.

Mickael Pietrus?

longtime lurker
08-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Mickael Pietrus?

Add Terrence williams and carlos delfino to the list. Terrence williams and barbosa would would be the perfect way to cap off the off season.

UtahJazzFan88
08-01-2012, 11:11 AM
No. He's really not. He does all the little things about as poorly as one could

Statistically, CJ's defense was very good actually, he commits stupid fouls at times which gets magnified, but his defense is pretty good.

CJ is a very up and down player. He'll have his games of being very good, even looking elite out on the floor, and he'll have his games of being completely awful, but I'd take that if I was the Lakers at the mini-mid level exception. I think a fresh start could be good for him.

KB2009Champ
08-01-2012, 11:14 AM
He will get more open shots than he has ever had in his life.

I cant tell you how many of Barne's shots were open.

He has shot well before in his career so I think he can get it back. I dont mind the signing as long as we are not done after we pick him up.

ImmortalD24
08-01-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dihVwDWniE

:eek: :bowdown:

Batz
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM

Weak crossover and bad defense.

I've been watching couple of highlights of his today, this guy is an incredibly unimpressive player. :oldlol:

clipps
08-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Lakers are the undisputed champs now.

ImmortalD24
08-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Yep, dude is a total scrub. Nothing to see here folks, move along. :pimp:

Rekindled
08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
He will get more open shots than he has ever had in his life.

I cant tell you how many of Barne's shots were open.

He has shot well before in his career so I think he can get it back. I dont mind the signing as long as we are not done after we pick him up.

barnes is a far better shooter than miles, fact

btw he has never been a shooter, he might have had streches where he shot well, but overall he is one of the worst wing shooter in the league.

wang4three
08-01-2012, 12:18 PM
This is another player that Laker fans are going to go "Atleast ____ will be better than CJ Miles" in a year. It happens offseason after offseason.

Not too long ago people were saying "Atleast Steve Blake will be better than Derek Fisher." or "Atleast Matt Barnes will be better than Artest." or "Atleast Artest will be better than Trevor Ariza" or whatever.

Being marginally better than your current option doesn't make it a good choice. CJ Miles seems to get fatter every year and thereby speeding up his loss of athleticism. I don't even know if they guy practices in the off-season. If you guys can't stomach your incumbent player, what makes you think you can stomach a guy who may shoot 3% better or make 2-3 more shots than already? Lakers don't need to marginally improve to win the title, they strides.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
This is another player that Laker fans are going to go "Atleast ____ will be better than CJ Miles" in a year. It happens offseason after offseason.

Not too long ago people were saying "Atleast Steve Blake will be better than Derek Fisher." or "Atleast Matt Barnes will be better than Artest." or "Atleast Artest will be better than Trevor Ariza" or whatever.

Being marginally better than your current option doesn't make it a good choice. CJ Miles seems to get fatter every year and thereby speeding up his loss of athleticism. I don't even know if they guy practices in the off-season. If you guys can't stomach your incumbent player, what makes you think you can stomach a guy who may shoot 3% better or make 2-3 more shots than already? Lakers don't need to marginally improve to win the title, they strides.

adding one of the best pgs in the world and adding a 15 ppg forward off the bench weren't strides. Combined with the development of Bynum that may be enough by itself. The team wasn't that far off last year from beating OKC. I'm happy with the team outside of a small forward/shooting guard off the bench. They need a sparkplug with a deadly jumper. I'm not sure if that is CJ Miles, but I think the Lakers are in a better spot to win a title than every other team outside of OKC or Miami.

RRR3
08-01-2012, 12:25 PM
adding one of the best pgs in the world and adding a 15 ppg forward off the bench weren't strides. Combined with the development of Bynum that may be enough by itself. The team wasn't that far off last year from beating OKC. I'm happy with the team outside of a small forward/shooting guard off the bench. They need a sparkplug with a deadly jumper. I'm not sure if that is CJ Miles, but I think the Lakers are in a better spot to win a title than every other team outside of OKC or Miami.
why do you still have a sessions avatar?:lol

IGOTGAME
08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
why do you still have a sessions avatar?:lol

haha, haven't thought of a new one yet.

wang4three
08-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Never questioned the addition of Nash and Jamison. By strides I mean players that will help them in matchups against the OKC, Heat, and Spurs. Instead of CJ Miles, they needed to add a guy who can guard on the wing. They have enough offensive fire power. CJ may be long and young, but his defense was never that good.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Never questioned the addition of Nash and Jamison. By strides I mean players that will help them in matchups against the OKC, Heat, and Spurs. Instead of CJ Miles, they needed to add a guy who can guard on the wing. They have enough offensive fire power. CJ may be long and young, but his defense was never that good.

I hear ya. I'm not really a fan based on the limited time I've watched him. Did they already sign him?

DirtySanchez
08-01-2012, 12:33 PM
http://ohmars.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/deluisehistory.jpg

Nice. Nice. Not thrilling but nice.

wang4three
08-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I hear ya. I'm not really a fan based on the limited time I've watched him. Did they already sign him?

I've watched games cause I'm a big Deron fan and some games last year cause I'm intrigued by Derrick Favors..but I've never been impressed. He can get hot, but it always seemed like he was content at where he was. Topped with the fact that he seemed to be tubbier each year.

Lebron23
08-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep, dude is a total scrub. Nothing to see here folks, move along. :pimp:

He's a better player than Current Matt Barnes.

UtahJazzFan88
08-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I've watched games cause I'm a big Deron fan and some games last year cause I'm intrigued by Derrick Favors..but I've never been impressed. He can get hot, but it always seemed like he was content at where he was. Topped with the fact that he seemed to be tubbier each year.

He lost a bunch of weight last year and was in shape.

Heavincent
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Kevin Harlan :roll:

BlackVVaves
08-01-2012, 02:16 PM
This thread seems to a breeding ground for stupidity :facepalm

First, someone said CJ Miles is leaps and bounds better than Barbosa, who is apparently garbage :roll:

Then, I read current Josh Howard is better than current Artest?

Not sure if serious...

BlueandGold
08-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Do not want, except for the absolute minimum. Wasn't CJ Miles like the 4th guard off the bench for the Jazz at one point? :facepalm

Rubio2Gasol
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't know if the Lakers FO understands how completely dysfunctional a team it is building.

Put Artest in any other team in the league and he will have his way with smaller guys in the post.On this team he stands out on the perimiter.

Pau freaking Gasol is being used as a floor spacer.

And now they want to use their only Free Agent tool on literally one of the worst shooters in the league.

Don't know what to say.

BlackVVaves
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Do not want, except for the absolute minimum. Wasn't CJ Miles like the 4th guard off the bench for the Jazz at one point? :facepalm

Yea, not sure why the Lakers would waste the MMLE on Miles. Might as well use it on Pietrus if you want to "waste" it on someone, and that would be far less of a waste.

BlueandGold
08-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Yea, not sure why the Lakers would waste the MMLE on Miles. Might as well use it on Pietrus if you want to "waste" it on someone, and that would be far less of a waste.

My thoughts is that Miles could essentially take minutes off both Kobe and Nash while Pietrus could only play replacement minutes at the 3, and maybe as a counter against the Miami backcourt? Either way I doubt Miles is as defensively proficient as he was back in Utah, doesn't seem like he got much of a chance anywhere else (believe he played sporadic minutes in Chicago and that was it)

clipps
08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Dynasty time for the Lakers. CJ Miles is gonna be the Lakers next great star.

Xiao Yao You
08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Then, I read current Josh Howard is better than current Artest?

Not sure if serious...

I wouldn't touch Metta and Howard was one of the best players on the Jazz so yeah very serious.

I don't know if the Lakers FO understands how completely dysfunctional a team it is building.

Put Artest in any other team in the league and he will have his way with smaller guys in the post.On this team he stands out on the perimiter.

Artest wants to stand on the perimeter. Always has. Hes an idiot!

clipps
08-01-2012, 07:12 PM
On the offensive end, Artest rarely posts up. He's always standing behind the 3 point line.

ncrizzle
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
over/under all Lakers starters playing 40mpg?

longtime lurker
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I've had CJ Miles on my fantasy teams before and he always seems to string together 3 games of 20+ points only to stink it up for a week straight. In short with guys like Barbosa, Terrence Williams(my 1st choice), Delfino and Martell Webster why pick up a shooting guard that can't shoot

qrich
08-02-2012, 02:51 AM

Miles better than Artest and Webster better than both :roll:

KDTrey5
08-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Dynasty time for the Lakers. CJ Miles is gonna be the Lakers next great star.
:durantunimpressed:

Xiao Yao You
08-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Miles better than Artest and Webster better than both :roll:

Where did I say CJ or Webster was better than Metta? CJ has a similar IQ to Metta.