08-02-2012, 10:09 PM
fck off prick :lol

The Ownage
08-02-2012, 10:09 PM
10/10 insightful post OP.

Rowe
08-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Has there ever been 6-8th seed team with more hype ever? :facepalm
Has there ever been a more delusional fanbase than the Nyets?

You guys are expecting a 31 year old Joe Johnson to improve the Nets by 25-30 wins this season :roll:

livinglegend
08-02-2012, 10:16 PM

You guys are expecting a 31 year old Joe Johnson to improve the Nets by 25-30 wins this season :roll:

Yeah, Knicks!

Knicks fans thought they would beat Miami in the first round. :biggums:

Draz
08-02-2012, 10:20 PM
The Nets will be the Clippers of LA in NY. How many wins y'all had 7? lOl

Duderonomy
08-02-2012, 10:21 PM

We're still waiting on Howard. Notice how hump and Lopez were overpaid to make room for a filler contract like j-rich/ Turkdodo. To get back on the Knicks Chandler and amare can't play together, Melo is the leader and you just replaced your golden boy with Raymond faton.:oldlol:

stallionaire
08-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah, Knicks!

I remember that. :roll: :roll: :roll:

DaSeba5
08-02-2012, 10:37 PM
New York always gets a lot of hype. Their fans always feel they like are entitled to have great teams in every sport. I just don't pay attention to it. You earn respect by winning. Knick fans get mad when everybody doesn't take them seriously, but they've only won one playoff game in a decade.

WockaVodka
08-02-2012, 10:38 PM
It's because they are from New York. That is about it.

Rowe
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, Knicks!

Nobody expected Lin to sit out to focus on Free Agency, Amare to slap a fire extinguisher, Shump to tear his ACL, Chandler to have the flu and hand/knee injuries, Baron to blow out his knee, & Fields/Smith to put forth one of the most embarrassing offensive outputs in Knicks history.

I think I covered all bases.

Still did better than we should have.

Rowe
08-02-2012, 10:48 PM
We're still waiting on Howard. Notice how hump and Lopez were overpaid to make room for a filler contract like j-rich/ Turkdodo. To get back on the Knicks Chandler and amare can't play together, Melo is the leader and you just replaced your golden boy with Raymond faton.:oldlol:

So you're going to hold onto the belief Orlando is going to sit Dwight out until December and then ship him to Brooklyn for a package they previously turned down?

OK.

Hopefully you guys aren't too many games below .500 by then.

Heavincent
08-02-2012, 10:48 PM
The Nets will be the Clippers of LA in NY. How many wins y'all had 7? lOl

:roll:

Are you forgetting that the Knicks have been one of the most horrid and laughably bad franchises in the NBA over the last 10 years or so? Hell, the Nets have had way more success than the Knicks over that 10 year span.

Just an awful comparison. It's nothing like L.A.

Rowe
08-02-2012, 10:55 PM
:roll:

Are you forgetting that the Knicks have been one of the most horrid and laughably bad franchises in the NBA over the last 10 years or so? Hell, the Nets have had way more success than the Knicks over that 10 year span.

Just an awful comparison. It's nothing like L.A.
Awful comparison?

Are you forgetting outside of a few good years with Kidd that the Nets have been one of the worst and most irrelevant franchises in all 4 major professional sports?

I don't care how bad Isiah made us look for a 5 year stretch, what about the Nets franchise without Jason Kidd? Knicks run NYC no differently than the Lakers run LA, even if we haven't won a Championship.

stephanieg
08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

MeLO MvP 15
08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I know you're just a troll/hater... but I'd like to point out that right now, the Knicks are maybe the most under-rated team in the league. Seriously, look at that roster. The talent there is amazing. Name one hole. Yeah, exactly. Best bench in the league (even without Shump healthy) and a good starting line up. Not to mention most of these guys played amazing together under Woodson.

f uck off OP, I'll bet you they get at least a top 4 seed in the east.

NuggetsFan
08-02-2012, 11:04 PM
I know you're just a troll/hater... but I'd like to point out that right now, the Knicks are maybe the most under-rated team in the league. Seriously, look at that roster. The talent there is amazing. Name one hole. Yeah, exactly. Best bench in the league (even without Shump healthy) and a good starting line up. Not to mention most of these guys played amazing together under Woodson.

f uck off OP, I'll bet you they get at least a top 4 seed in the east.

Trolling meet homer :oldlol:

Best bench in the league? Seriously? Don't care how good you think it is they haven't earned that title exclusively.

Heavincent
08-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Awful comparison?

Are you forgetting outside of a few good years with Kidd that the Nets have been one of the worst and most irrelevant franchises in all 4 major professional sports?

I don't care how bad Isiah made us look for a 5 year stretch, what about the Nets franchise without Jason Kidd? Knicks run NYC no differently than the Lakers run LA, even if we haven't won a Championship.

The last time the Knicks won a championship was ****ing 1972 :oldlol: They don't run anything besides their mouths.

Dictator
08-02-2012, 11:10 PM
It's funny how despite how good this knicks team looks on paper, how much of a fail they are in real life.

Give prime Kobe, Lebron, Wade this knicks team and they'll easily be 1-2 top seed.

Rowe
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Trolling meet homer :oldlol:

Best bench in the league? Seriously? Don't care how good you think it is they haven't earned that title exclusively.
Will be hard to put down our bench when healthy.

Kidd, Pablo, Brewer, Novak, Camby, etc.

Probably will be a PF addition in either K-Mart or Blatche according to the latest rumors.

Rowe
08-02-2012, 11:17 PM
The last time the Knicks won a championship was ****ing 1972 :oldlol: They don't run anything besides their mouths.
What do the Nets have to run their mouths about anyways?

That your 2nd best player in your franchise history was Dr.J in the ABA?:roll:

You guys can have your selective memory of the last 30 years of Nets basketball aside from the Kidd years.

WockaVodka
08-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Knicks won't be a top 4 team in the East. I think Celtics, Heat, Nets, and Pacers will all have better records.

Sarcastic
08-02-2012, 11:19 PM

Just be ready for game 1.

NuggetsFan
08-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Will be hard to put down our bench when healthy.

Kidd, Pablo, Brewer, Novak, Camby, etc.

Probably will be a PF addition in either K-Mart or Blatche according to the latest rumors.

Solid bench no doubt. A little old and I think you might have to wait and see what you get next year with Camby\Kidd. Never truly know when father time will take it all way, non the less a good bench.

Best bench in the league? I'm not so sure about. I do know it's not exclusively the best bench in the league. Anything other than in the conversation is being a total homer, as MeloMVP was doing right after calling a dude a troll.

Raz
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM

No one wants Hopez at that kind of money. Orlando aren't that stupid.

KDTrey5
08-02-2012, 11:24 PM
meloo

Zackmorris
08-02-2012, 11:55 PM

Keyword: Waiting

hawksdogsbraves
08-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Knicks/Nets rivalry already heating up, I like it

Scoooter
08-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I think they should start Kidd, especially if they're also going to start JR.

And I think the Nets screwed up. I don't see why they need Joe Johnson when Marshon Brooks looks so promising. I guess the Howard deal(s) falling through gummed up the works, because they needed to upgrade their front court.

Horde of Temujin
08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
They will be the second seed in the East. Boston is the better team but they will coast through regular season. Chicago is clearly not as good as they were and Rose is not projected to be back at start of season.

I think that the Knicks will have more stability this year. They will be a defense minded team. Say what you want about Melo, he can score with the best of them and the team has enough defensive assets to compensate for him.

They certainly have more than a puncher's chance against the Heat or Celtics.

Heavincent
08-03-2012, 12:16 AM
What do the Nets have to run their mouths about anyways?

That your 2nd best player in your franchise history was Dr.J in the ABA?:roll:

You guys can have your selective memory of the last 30 years of Nets basketball aside from the Kidd years.

Except us Net fans know that our franchise sucks.

The L.A comparison is just stupid as hell. The Lakers are one of the most successful franchises in all of sports. The Knicks, on the other hand, are a laughing stock. So the comparison just makes no sense.

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Solid bench no doubt. A little old and I think you might have to wait and see what you get next year with Camby\Kidd. Never truly know when father time will take it all way, non the less a good bench.

Best bench in the league? I'm not so sure about. I do know it's not exclusively the best bench in the league. Anything other than in the conversation is being a total homer, as MeloMVP was doing right after calling a dude a troll.
Knicks do have a top 5 bench, doubt it's the best talent wise. But as far as complimenting the starting lineup it's one of the most effective benches in the league.

Obvious trolling going in this forum which is pretty funny, because Net's have never won anything. Some Knicks fans got so in love with nostalgia from the last lockout season and became delusional. But to suggest we didn't have the worst injury run post season in the last 2 years is ridiculous. Knicks would have won 2, possibly 3 games in the first round fully healthy.

EnoughSaid
08-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Not taking the Knicks fans seriously after all of those threads regarding the series vs. Miami...

"The HEAT should be scared of facing NY..."

"Knicks have a legit shot at winning in 6!"

"New York will take this!"

:facepalm :facepalm

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Not taking the Knicks fans seriously after all of those threads regarding the series vs. Miami...

"The HEAT should be scared of facing NY..."

"Knicks have a legit shot at winning in 6!"

"New York will take this!"

:facepalm :facepalm
That was like 2 different Knick fans, that's like us judging the Heat by the bandwagon fans (50% of their fans) and Pauk, Lebron23.

Not everyone posts rubbish like that.

alwaysunny
08-03-2012, 12:27 AM
From now on every time the Knicks are bashed even for the slightest reasons it'll always turn into a Knicks vs Nets just like how someone mentions Kobe in a completely irrelevant thread. Couple of guys run their mouth and you all just assume they speak for the entire fanbase. :facepalm

D12"Magic"
08-03-2012, 12:30 AM
From now on every time the Knicks are bashed even for the slightest reasons it'll always turn into a Knicks vs Nets just like how someone mentions Kobe in a completely irrelevant thread. Couple of guys run their mouth and you all just assume they speak for the entire fanbase. :facepalm
This ^^^^

Nov 1st cant come soon enough

RaininTwos
08-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Did you know:

That Kurt Thomas,Grant Hill, Juwan Howard and Jason Kidd are the only active NBA Players that were alive when the Knicks won their last championship on May 10, 1973.

Draz
08-03-2012, 12:32 AM
I mean if Deron Wlliams is so elite how does he lead the team to 3 wins a season? A 31 overpaid Joe Johnson will take you to the playoffs?

imdaman99
08-03-2012, 12:33 AM
fck the nets, cant wait till knicks show them who NYC belongs to

KDTrey5
08-03-2012, 12:33 AM
i said melllooo

alwaysunny
08-03-2012, 12:35 AM
This ^^^^

Nov 1st cant come soon enough

lol I know. Lockout ending last year, the Olympic domination so far, and now this. Basketball god has been good to us.

EnoughSaid
That was like 2 different Knick fans, that's like us judging the Heat by the bandwagon fans (50% of their fans) and Pauk, Lebron23.

No, it was multiple people. And Pauk and LeBron23 ARE NOT Miami fans. They're LEBRON fans. Get it straight please.

DaSeba5
Did you know:

That Kurt Thomas,Grant Hill, Juwan Howard and Jason Kidd are the only active NBA Players that were alive when the Knicks won their last championship on May 10, 1973.

:lol

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 12:36 AM

You shouldn't generalize a fanbase by 2 people on a internet forum. IJS

D12"Magic"
08-03-2012, 12:38 AM
I mean if Deron Wlliams is so elite how does he lead the team to 3 wins a season? A 31 overpaid Joe Johnson will take you to the playoffs?
:rolleyes:
Lets forget about Lopez only playing 5 games, Wallace there for 6 games and the team having the most injuries in the NBA.

Deron-Wallace-Hump-Lopez never even played together on the court.

Add in JJ who is overpaid( But that has nothing to do with his play on the court) and that is a great starting 5 to go along with Brooks, Watson, Teletoviv and Evans.

ClutchOver9000
08-03-2012, 12:39 AM
^^

here are the number of players past and present that were alive when the Nets won their last NBA championship...

oh wait...

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Lets forget about Lopez only playing 5 games, Wallace there for 6 games and the team having the most injuries in the NBA.

Deron-Wallace-Hump-Lopez never even played together on the court.

Add in JJ who is overpaid( But that has nothing to do with his play on the court) and that is a great starting 5 to go along with Brooks, Watson, Teletoviv and Evans.
Your front court is still going to be sodomised by half of the league, and your going to learn to like it.

KDTrey5
08-03-2012, 12:40 AM

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 12:41 AM

:confusedshrug:

D12"Magic"
08-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Your front court is still going to be sodomised by half of the league, and your going to learn to like it.
And our Back Court is gonna destroy half of the league and you guys are gonna learn to take it.

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Which was clearly the point I was trying to make to him. . .

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Which was clearly the point I was trying to make to him. . .

Ooops I read it wrong. My bad.

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:46 AM
And our Back Court is gonna destroy half of the league and you guys are gonna learn to take it.
Doubt it, your lack of a front court > any issues we have with our back court.

D12"Magic"
08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Doubt it, your lack of a front court > any issues we have with our back court.
Felton,Kidd and J.R Smith? :roll:

alwaysunny
08-03-2012, 12:49 AM

Don't people from Queens have YES Network? I'd understand coming from an outsider but you of all people should know better.

KDTrey5
08-03-2012, 12:50 AM
:confusedshrug:

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Anyways, this rivalry is getting good. Good job NBA.

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Felton,Kidd and J.R Smith? :roll:
+ Shumpert on return and Brewer. Kidd is playing a reserve role and will be more effective in limited minutes, Felton will surprise alot of people.

D12"Magic"
08-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Don't people from Queens have YES Network? I'd understand coming from an outsider but you of all people should know better.
Then he says Deron leads teams to 3 wins a season, as if he forgot he played on the Jazz :facepalm

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Anyways, this rivalry is getting good. Good job NBA.
True, it's been a while since the Knicks/Nets were good at the same time. Makes for another great storyline. Especially with Clippers and Lakers getting better too. Literally a melting pot in the big cities.

MetsPackers
08-03-2012, 12:54 AM
DEY MAD CUZ DA KNICKS ARE COMIN FOR THE TITLE THIS YEAR!!! WOOHOO!! The most talented roster in the league, top 6th man, a superstar and 2 stars, DPOY, best and deepest bench!! Yeah buddy!

:party:

Welcome to the NY Knicks championship cruise! LEGGO

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 12:56 AM
True, it's been a while since the Knicks/Nets were good at the same time. Makes for another great storyline. Especially with Clippers and Lakers getting better too. Literally a melting pot in the big cities.

The season needs to start already. :cheers:

AK47DR91
If you go by the year the Nets joined the NBA during the 1976 ABA-NBA merger, they have the same amount of championships the Knicks do.

There's really nothing Knick fans should be bragging about consider they have 30 more seasons in the NBA than the Nets do.

D12"Magic"
+ Shumpert on return and Brewer. Kidd is playing a reserve role and will be more effective in limited minutes, Felton will surprise alot of people.
Shumpert is still recovering from an ACL Injury no? Forgot about Brewer. Good pick up.

Knicks back court does not shit on the Nets front court .

LikeABosh
08-03-2012, 12:57 AM
It's hilarious to watch Knicks and Nets fans argue with each other. :lol

ClutchOver9000
08-03-2012, 12:57 AM
to AK47DR91: aint nothing for Nets fans to be bragging about either

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Shumpert is still recovering from an ACL Injury no? Forgot about Brewer. Good pick up.

Knicks back court does not shit on the Nets front court .
'On return' meant when he is fully healed, should have a great defensive team this year. Can't wait for NOV 1 though :cheers:

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 01:00 AM
The season needs to start already. :cheers:
This time of the year is the worst, all major free agency settled, once the Olympics are gone i'm going to be pretty giddy to start the season.

Heavincent
08-03-2012, 01:02 AM
to AK47DR91: aint nothing for Nets fans to be bragging about either

None of us are bragging. I was just pointing out how ****ing stupid the L.A comparison was.

StateOfMind12
08-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Nets are the best team in NY. They'll have to prove it but they will be the better team in NY this season.

People are using bad examples with the Nets too.

Brook Lopez played 5 games last season and he was probably their 2nd/3rd best player on the team. He is a very good offensive player. However, he is very mediocre when it comes to rebounding but in their front-court they have Kris Humphries who is one of the best rebounders in the league and also Gerald Wallace who has always been a great rebounder.

I think people are looking at too much with the negatives with Lopez. He is a good player especially offensively and would make any team better.

Nets were hampered with injuries last season and their roster overall still wasn't good. The Nets have improved dramatically so far this off-season. Barring injuries, I think they will have a top 3-4 seed in the East.

D12"Magic"
08-03-2012, 01:03 AM
'On return' meant when he is fully healed, should have a great defensive team this year. Can't wait for NOV 1 though :cheers:
Bring it on though, Cant wait :banana: . I would love to see us meet in the first round of the play-offs, realistically 4th seed vs 5th seed maybe. Imagine Brooklyn vs Knicks in the First round, one NY team knocking out the other:bowdown:

DaSeba5
This time of the year is the worst, all major free agency settled, once the Olympics are gone i'm going to be pretty giddy to start the season.

Football is right around the corner, but the Dolphin's season is usually over by October. The Marlins also suck. Worst time of the year for me in terms of sports. :(

ClutchOver9000
None of us are bragging. I was just pointing out how ****ing stupid the L.A comparison was.

i didnt say that. W/ that said :cheers: to hopefully a thrilling season...cant wait till our first game...

Sarcastic
08-03-2012, 01:04 AM
If you go by the year the Nets joined the NBA during the 1976 ABA-NBA merger, they have the same amount of championships the Knicks do.

There's really nothing Knick fans should be bragging about consider they have 30 more seasons in the NBA than the Nets do.

If you do that, then you can cancel out 12 Boston rings.

Do you still wanna do that?

BrickingStar
08-03-2012, 01:05 AM
i didnt say that. W/ that said :cheers: to hopefully a thrilling season...cant wait till our first game...

sucks that your first 2 games are on lock for a loss

Horde of Temujin
08-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Knicks have a solid team. The only concern is Amare, he seems like the odd man out. Ive been hearing lately that Melo should play PF and i agree with it, but would Stoudamire be content with a diminished role.

What would be the starting line-up with Melo at 4?

Chandler
Melo
Brewer
Shump
Felton

ClutchOver9000
08-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Nets are the best team in NY. They'll have to prove it

:biggums: emphatic declaration followed by "the games have to be played first" to paraphrase.

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Football is right around the corner, but the Dolphin's season is usually over by October. The Marlins also suck. Worst time of the year for me in terms of sports. :(
Im Australian so our rugby season is in full swing, still follow NFL though.

ClutchOver9000
08-03-2012, 01:07 AM
sucks that your first 2 games are on lock for a loss

:lol :rolleyes:

:cheers: to you though

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Never mind the Nets, let's get this Heat-Knicks rivalry started again.

StateOfMind12
08-03-2012, 01:10 AM
lol, the Heat's rival out East is the Celtics. I still think the Heat will beat them though even though I would probably cheer on for the Celtics in that series. Celtics biggest issue is their front-court and they still have done nothing to address that this off-season unless drafting two rookie young guys (Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger) is considered fixing. I highly doubt either one will play much or do much for the Celtics this season though.

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:11 AM
lol, the Heat's rival out East is the Celtics. I still think the Heat will beat them though even though I would probably cheer on for the Celtics in that series. Celtics biggest issue is their front-court and they still have done nothing to address that this off-season unless drafting two rookie young guys (Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger) is considered fixing.

I don't see it as a rivalry. Our rivals have always been the Knicks and the Bulls. Yes we've played Boston three years in a row now, but it's more of a LeBron Vs. Celtics thing than the Heat Vs. Celtics. They are just a good team we have to face every year.

Sarcastic
08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
If you don't root for a Heat/Knicks rivalry, then you are a young *** that doesn't know shit about the rivalry from the 1990s.

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Spkec2GcUM
Never forget.

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:13 AM
If you don't root for a Heat/Knicks rivalry, then you are a young *** that doesn't know shit about the rivalry from the 1990s.

We got Dolphins/Jets, Marlins/Mets, and Heat/Knicks.

Considering there's a lot of New Yorkers down here, it's only natural. They are our ultimate rivals.

ClutchOver9000
08-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Never forget.

:rockon:

DaSeba5
Never forget.

:(

Sarcastic
I don't see it as a rivalry. Our rivals have always been the Knicks and the Bulls. Yes we've played Boston three years in a row now, but it's more of a LeBron Vs. Celtics thing than the Heat Vs. Celtics. They are just a good team we have to face every year.

This.

You can tell the Lebron nut huggers from the real Heat fans by how they view the Knicks/Heat rivalry.

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:15 AM
This.

You can tell the Lebron nut huggers from the real Heat fans by how they view the Knicks/Heat rivalry.

I look forward to your home opening. :cheers:

StateOfMind12
08-03-2012, 01:15 AM
What do you mean by root for a Heat/Knicks rivalry? Do you mean want the rivalry to come back? If so, that will never happen because the Knicks will never be on the Heat's level at least for the next 3 years it won't.

I would love for it to come back, too bad it won't because the Knicks are a joke. N

Nets/Heat rivalry is more likely at this point.

alwaysunny
08-03-2012, 01:16 AM
We got Dolphins/Jets, Marlins/Mets, and Heat/Knicks.

Considering there's a lot of New Yorkers down here, it's only natural. They are our ultimate rivals.

I never understood this. Why are there so many New Yorkers down in Miami?

Horde of Temujin
08-03-2012, 01:18 AM
lol, the Heat's rival out East is the Celtics. I still think the Heat will beat them though even though I would probably cheer on for the Celtics in that series. Celtics biggest issue is their front-court and they still have done nothing to address that this off-season unless drafting two rookie young guys (Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger) is considered fixing. I highly doubt either one will play much or do much for the Celtics this season though.

I think the Celtics will come out of the East next year. They were very close last year and i think they improved significantly. Youre right about the front court but that is not such an issue against the Heat, they do have some nice perimeter defenders though.

DaSeba5

Not just Miami, but basically all of South Florida. A lot of people where I live in West Palm Beach are from Brookyln.

The usual answer is the weather, but damn there's more of them than actual natives it seems.

ClutchOver9000

alot of retirees looking for a good warm spot to live out their leisures...

also alot of young ppl looking to hit the MIA nightlife...

alot of NY transplants = a huge increase in NY team fan support in w/e state they're in.

Sarcastic
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM

South Florida has tons of Jews. Where do you think they came from?

Miami was built by New Yorkers.

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:20 AM

Especially Palm Beach County.

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:21 AM
There' also a lot of people from Philly, Boston, and other northern cities, but the majority of them are New Yorkers.

It's one of the reasons why Miami has a hard time getting an established fan base here.

Sarcastic
08-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Especially Palm Beach County.

Truth: Miami was built on cocaine and New Yorkers.

alwaysunny
08-03-2012, 01:24 AM

lol really? Could've sworn it was built by Cubans. I watch too much Scarface.

Damn AMC's mob week :lol

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:25 AM

Basically every old person in West Palm is Jewish I swear

As for Miami, there's a ton of Cubans as well. There isn't anybody who doesn't speak Spanish there.

Sarcastic
08-03-2012, 01:26 AM

Miami will always have a huge Cuban influence, but the whole "art-deco" influence was started by New Yorkers.

alwaysunny
08-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Can you guys provide me some links of South Florida's history? I wanna read some of this. Nothing came up on wikipedia.

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Can you guys provide me some links of South Florida's history? I wanna read some of this. Nothing came up on wikipedia.

I don't know where to get you the info, but...

In terms of West Palm Beach, Henry Flagler was from NY and he built a ton of railroads. A lot of businessmen from NY came down here and started businesses and the city started to boom. As the city boomed, people moved down here for the weather. Generations later we have Yankee and Knick fans everywhere. There's still more Miami fans here, but there's a lot of NY fans. Not every person with a family from NY is a NY fan.

I think Miami has a similar history.

Dictator
08-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Did you know:

:lol ether.

Pushxx
08-03-2012, 01:40 AM
The Knicks are better than the Nets purely because somehow the Nets' defense is worse. Knicks do need Shumpert back strong, though.

I see Amare and Melo finally putting it together. That's not to say the Nets won't get a 4-6 seed. Depends a lot on health considering many Knicks and Nets players are made out of glass or, in some cases, dust (Kidd...jk he will help).

alwaysunny
08-03-2012, 01:49 AM
I don't know where to get you the info, but...

In terms of West Palm Beach, Henry Flagler was from NY and he built a ton of railroads. A lot of businessmen from NY came down here and started businesses and the city started to boom. As the city boomed, people moved down here for the weather. Generations later we have Yankee and Knick fans everywhere. There's still more Miami fans here, but there's a lot of NY fans. Not every person with a family from NY is a NY fan.

I think Miami has a similar history.

There seems to be a weird connection between the origins of Jews and unusual amount of New Yorkers today flying down there for weather reasons. Not all New York fans in Miami seem like Jews. And as for the Jewish immigration in the early days, shouldn't those generations now be considered Miami as their hometown? Like if my grandfather was a Jew from Brooklyn who moved to Miami, but I was born and raised in Miami, do I have a connection with New York?

StateOfMind12
08-03-2012, 01:50 AM
I think the Celtics will come out of the East next year. They were very close last year and i think they improved significantly. Youre right about the front court but that is not such an issue against the Heat, they do have some nice perimeter defenders though.
You have to keep in mind that Bosh was out for like half of the series and only came off the bench.

If Bosh was healthy and played the entire series, the series more than likely would have ended in like 5 in favor of Miami. Bosh provides better rebounding than every other Heat big, better pick and roll defense, and also much more spacing.

Heat killed the Celtics on the boards in the 2011 series when they met in the ECSF and the Heat won that series in 5. The Heat killed them again on the boards in the 2012 ECF and even without Bosh that time. It is kind of crazy how the Celtics still managed to keep the series and each game close despite how bad they were getting ourebounded each and every game.

If there is anyone I would bet on to take out the Heat in the East, it is the Celtics though.

DaSeba5
08-03-2012, 01:52 AM
There seems to be a weird connection between the origins of Jews and unusual amount of New Yorkers today flying down there for weather reasons. Not all New York fans in Miami seem like Jews. And as for the Jewish immigration in the early days, shouldn't those generations now be considered Miami as their hometown? Like if my grandfather was a Jew from Brooklyn who moved to Miami, but I was born and raised in Miami, do I have a connection with New York?

If you're from Miami, then Miami should be your hometown. However, people just like to follow what their family follows. Even though they live in South Florida, they root for the Yankees instead of the Marlins because of their family.

Personally, my entire family is from Boston except me. All of them are Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, and Bruin fans.

I'm from WPB. I root for the Dolphins, Heat, Marlins, and Panthers. They are my home teams. South Florida is my life.

ILLsmak
08-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Has there ever been 6-8th seed team with more hype ever? :facepalm

They've got a lot of talent, for sure. They should be one of the best teams in the NBA. They can beat any team in a series or on a given night and I wouldn't be surprised. But they are just... I dunno what to say. Just ****ed up right now.

-Smak

Burgz V2
08-03-2012, 02:04 AM
i wouldnt say overrated, just a lot of hype. To me they are different. Any of us on here can look at that roster and see, yes they have talent, but also see that as a team some of their players just don't fit that well which keeps them from being a contender. hype is purely media driven imo as well as driven by the average basketball fan who doesnt know any better about personnel issues :lol

they are kinda like the leafs (toronto (hockey for you basketball purists)) in the sense that their fans and their media coverage always expects a championship calibre team regardless of the product on the court, simply because of the city they are in.

Also because their fans, despite such unreasonable expectations at times, are so unforgiving, it really makes you believe they should be better

to me, the verdict is still out on the knicks. they have yet to have a full training camp with both amar'e AND melo so things COULD change this year

Kiddlovesnets
08-03-2012, 02:15 AM

lol Knicks fans talking about being delusional to other fans...
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Let's review you greatest contribution in ISH's thread history:

"Knicks will be fine, we will reach ECF"

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 02:17 AM
lol Knicks fans talking about being delusional to other fans...
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Let's review you greatest contribution in ISH's thread history:

"Knicks will be fine, we will reach ECF"
Let's review your teams contribution to the NBA.
0 Championship's
5 years of relevance 2002-2006
Best player ever is Jason Kidd

Thread/.

Kiddlovesnets
08-03-2012, 02:26 AM
0 Championship's

Thread/.

lol we had two ABA champs, since the current NBA is a merge of old-school NBA and ABA, we have the same number of trophies. If you guys won after the merger it would make a difference, too bad it could only happen in dreams and NBA2K.
:D

And incase you forget, the other fans including we nets fans aint act like we are going to be the champ of NBA with a shitty team. Only Knicks fans believe and rant as if they were already winner of NBA before the postseason starts, only to get trashed and humiliated early in these playoffs series. History tends to repeat itself, so just watch your team gets bounced again in playoffs.

Burgz V2
08-03-2012, 02:29 AM
0 Championship's

Thread/.

Dr. J played for the Nets. Even though only in the ABA, he's actually the reason they even have a team in the NBA :lol

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 02:30 AM
lol we had two ABA champs, since the current NBA is a merge of old-school NBA and ABA, we have the same number of trophies. If you guys won after the merger it would make a difference, too bad it could only happen in dreams and NBA2K.

And incase you forget, the other fans including we nets fans aint act like we are going to be the champ of NBA with a shitty team. Only Knicks fans believe and rant as if they were already winner of NBA before the postseason starts, only to get trashed and humiliated early in these playoffs series. History tends to repeat itself, so just watch your team gets bounced again in playoffs.
By that theory you should enjoy another season of irrelevance and falling short of the post season again.

Bigsmoke
08-03-2012, 02:34 AM
18-6 after the coaching change :confusedshrug:

Draz
08-03-2012, 02:37 AM
0 Championship's

Thread/.

/thread :cheers:

Kiddlovesnets
08-03-2012, 02:38 AM
By that theory you should enjoy another season of irrelevance and falling short of the post season again.

Well for the Knicks, history does tend to repeat itself. James Dolan, Isiah Thomas, Stephen Marbury, Mike D'Antoni... People can change, but something's never gonna change.

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Well for the Knicks, history does tend to repeat itself. James Dolan, Isiah Thomas, Stephen Marbury, Mike D'Antoni... People can change, but something's never gonna change.

Changing your point mid argument is a vital sign of defeat, and on that note, see you NOV 1.

Kiddlovesnets
08-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Changing your point mid argument is a vital sign of defeat, and on that note, see you NOV 1.

lol what? I did not really mention the nets at all in the discussion. Sure there's a chance we fail to even make the playoffs like what we have been in the last few years, but it does not change the fact that your Knicks still suck. This thread is about the Knicks, my friend.

Anyway, name me another non-contender fanbase rant as if they were already champs before the season starts? Only Knicks fans do. Your shitty team's fans always talk big, act like you own NBA, but it does not change the fact that you have yet to win a title since NBA and ABA merged. It also wont change the fact that the Knicks aint winning a trophy in the entire 21st century.

TheBigVeto
08-03-2012, 03:15 AM
Yes, the Lakers were seeded low before too. They are overrated.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
08-03-2012, 03:23 AM
I'll admit, D-Will dogged it a lot of the times last season, but he was in a terrible situation as far as injuries go. Just look at that game where he spanked the Knicks in MSG during Linsanity with a roster of scrubs to see what this cat can do when motivated. D-Will brought a Utah Jazz team to the WCF a few years back. Now that he's in the weaker East, and has a better team around him then any of those Jazz teams, expect big things from these Nets.

Ebuka_Okafor
08-03-2012, 03:49 AM
Insane ranting removed

Pushxx
08-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Joe 'Dribbles' Johnson just doesn't seem like a good fit with D-Will.

Smoke117
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I endorse this thread.

stephanieg
08-03-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

bluechox2
08-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Bring on the hate

Real Men Wear Green
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
They always get more attention than they deserve because of the market they play in, and their importance to bball history is overrated. But I don't hear many analysts talking about them as a contender.

longtime lurker
08-03-2012, 04:03 PM
They're only overrated if you think of them as a legit contender instead of a playoff team.

FreezingTsmoove
08-03-2012, 04:05 PM
a lot of fake jets fans on this board

jets vs patriots is a far greater rivalry than jets/dolphins

nycelt84
08-03-2012, 04:11 PM
They always get more attention than they deserve because of the market they play in, and their importance to bball history is overrated. But I don't hear many analysts talking about them as a contender.

Not really they were the most important team in the league for at least the 15 seasons of the league's history. The doubleheaders that were played at MSG were very important to the league's existence and they were sometimes the only team in the league making serious money while Boston and Philly and others were struggling to even make a profit and stay in existence.

Real Men Wear Green
08-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Not really they were the most important team in the league for at least the 15 seasons of the league's history. The doubleheaders that were played at MSG were very important to the league's existence and they were sometimes the only team in the league making serious money while Boston and Philly and others were struggling to even make a profit and stay in existence.
Ok, they made profit, I'll take your word on that. But how many championships have they won, two? They're accorded a spot in NBA history that was never earned.

Sarcastic
08-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Ok, they made profit, I'll take your word on that. But how many championships have they won, two? They're accorded a spot in NBA history that was never earned.

The Red Sox were always a very relevant team and accorded a spot in MLB history, even with an 86 year World Series drought.

Rubio2Gasol
08-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Worst job of putting 2 superstars together I've ever seen.I mean.....you have Amare, Deron is available , and you go and trade half your team away for a player who will never coexist with Amare.

Slick.

Now they need to ship Amare ASAP for, but not sure anyone wants that contract.

nycelt84
08-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Their importance was in spite of championships won. The Celtics were winning championship after championship and weren't truly financially stable and secure until the mid 60's. The Lakers would have folded if they didn't move to LA and they had a strong history. Without the Knicks and MSG which were interconnected there was a strong likelihood the NBA could have folded and that was true well into the 60's. And the Knicks were one of the top teams in the league early on.

Real Men Wear Green
08-03-2012, 05:57 PM
The Red Sox were always a very relevant team and accorded a spot in MLB history, even with an 86 year World Series drought.
Pre 2004 the Sox were just the lovable losers the Yankees beat up on in the most lopsided alleged rivalry sports has ever seen. NYK is supposed to be this mythic franchise but the reality is the most important part of their history is where they play, not what they've done.

hawksdogsbraves
08-03-2012, 05:57 PM
So Knicks fans think they have a really good bench? It's average at best...

Real Men Wear Green
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Their importance was in spite of championships won. The Celtics were winning championship after championship and weren't truly financially stable and secure until the mid 60's. The Lakers would have folded if they didn't move to LA and they had a strong history. Without the Knicks and MSG which were interconnected there was a strong likelihood the NBA could have folded and that was true well into the 60's. And the Knicks were one of the top teams in the league early on.
I doubt the NBA was somehow saved because the Knicks sold tickets.

Sarcastic
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Pre 2004 the Sox were just the lovable losers the Yankees beat up on in the most lopsided alleged rivalry sports has ever seen. NYK is supposed to be this mythic franchise but the reality is the most important part of their history is where they play, not what they've done.

They've always been very important to the league for the place they play (Fenway is the most iconic ballpark, similar to MSG), and the great players in their history.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-03-2012, 06:02 PM
On paper: Nets>Knicks

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Meanwhile, in the real world, where the games aren't played on paper and depth actually means something.

nycelt84
08-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I doubt the NBA was somehow saved because the Knicks sold tickets.

There would have been no NBA if there was no Knicks. The league would have folded by the early 50's with the amount of money all the teams were losing. So basically yeah they did save the league and kept it afloat and used that to their advantage heavily.

knickswin
08-03-2012, 07:21 PM
they're always going to get a lot of attention because they play in the biggest market. so many teams struggle to even stay in the black while the knicks are a huge cash cow.

that said, this current batch needs to put up or shut up. they've been given too much attention for a team that lost in the first round in lopsided 4-game and 5-game series.

RaininTwos
08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
There would have been no NBA if there was no Knicks. The league would have folded by the early 50's with the amount of money all the teams were losing. So basically yeah they did save the league and kept it afloat and used that to their advantage heavily.

The Celtics had great attendance figures as well so how are Knicks so instrumental but they arent? I do not understand, can you explain?

Trentknicks
08-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Regardless everyone loves to hate on the Knicks, it's actually pretty fashionable. E.g. If Chris Broussard comes out and says 'you know what Knicks are still better' no one is going to bother reading past the headline or take any notice.

Every Knicks free agent signing or trade received asset has been undervalued. When Kidd was still on the market and thought to be heading to Brooklyn to play back up to D-Will. The consensus was that the Net's would have the best 1-2 punch at PG in the league and that he would be one of the best back up guards in the league. Everyone was drooling saying he would be able to give a quality and productive 15-20 min a night. Then as soon as he signs with Knicks everyone throws up all this age bullshit. Sure he had a bad season statistically last season but he was run into the ground due to the shortened season and will be playing much less minutes at the Knicks.

Exactly the same thing happened with Camby. He was seen as one of the premier UFA's on the market, remember people jizzing about him being inserted on the Heat's or Boston's (moving KG back to PF) starting line ups? Then as soon as he in signed by the Knicks to play BACK UP to Chandler & Amare people question his age, durability & effectiveness. I could see the age argument having some basis with Kidd if he was playing starter's minutes, but Camby?!! The guy recorded the best rebounding rate in the league last season and is still a near elite defender & shot blocker in the league. Defensively, he is probably still a top 5-7 center in the league, and we have him as a back up. He will be playing around 20mpg and people automatically down grade him as a player because he signed with the Knicks, it's ridiculous.

Look some Knicks fans (niko and IDunk) jump the gun at times and really overestimate our abilities but I'd like to see us have a full training camp and offseason and play about 15-20 games before making judgement.

As for the Knicks VS Nets argument we will have to wait for NOV 1 but if I had to make an unbiased estimation I'd still say Knicks do better this season. Net's really don't have a lot of depth and if an injury or two stacks up then they are left pretty vulnerable.

nycelt84
08-03-2012, 08:18 PM
The Celtics had great attendance figures as well so how are Knicks so instrumental but they arent? I do not understand, can you explain?

The Celtics didnt have great attendance figures in fact there attendance was sometimes abysmal. In the 60's despite winning title after title the Boston Bruins who were mostly terrible in that time crushed them in attendance and there were often articles in Boston papers wondering why basketball wasn't more popular in Boston for a dynasty compared to great attendance for a terrible squad. They often assorted to gimmicks before and after Celtics games to draw fans well into the 60's.

Kiddlovesnets
08-05-2012, 10:09 PM

Well...

On paper, Knicks > the rest of the world. In reality, Knicks = Overrated piece of sh*t.

I must admit there are worse franchises than the Knicks in terms of achievement, but the Knicks are by far the biggest joke in NBA. Not because of how bad they play, but because of the number of morons overrating this team. You remember how bad the Bobcats were last season, but you wont hear Bobcats fans talking about winning a trophy and getting the best player in the world in FA as if it was already a lock.

Trentknicks
08-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Well...

On paper, Knicks > the rest of the world. In reality, Knicks = Overrated piece of sh*t.

I must admit there are worse franchises than the Knicks in terms of achievement, but the Knicks are by far the biggest joke in NBA. Not because of how bad they play, but because of the number of morons overrating this team. You remember how bad the Bobcats were last season, but you wont hear Bobcats fans talking about winning a trophy and getting the best player in the world in FA as if it was already a lock.

So basically your life consists of living a the crappy side of the Hudson and coming to an online forum to put so much effort into hating a team "you don't care about", wow.

ClutchOver9000
08-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Regardless everyone loves to hate on the Knicks, it's actually pretty fashionable. E.g. If Chris Broussard comes out and says 'you know what Knicks are still better' no one is going to bother reading past the headline or take any notice.

Every Knicks free agent signing or trade received asset has been undervalued. When Kidd was still on the market and thought to be heading to Brooklyn to play back up to D-Will. The consensus was that the Net's would have the best 1-2 punch at PG in the league and that he would be one of the best back up guards in the league. Everyone was drooling saying he would be able to give a quality and productive 15-20 min a night. Then as soon as he signs with Knicks everyone throws up all this age bullshit. Sure he had a bad season statistically last season but he was run into the ground due to the shortened season and will be playing much less minutes at the Knicks.

Exactly the same thing happened with Camby. He was seen as one of the premier UFA's on the market, remember people jizzing about him being inserted on the Heat's or Boston's (moving KG back to PF) starting line ups? Then as soon as he in signed by the Knicks to play BACK UP to Chandler & Amare people question his age, durability & effectiveness. I could see the age argument having some basis with Kidd if he was playing starter's minutes, but Camby?!! The guy recorded the best rebounding rate in the league last season and is still a near elite defender & shot blocker in the league. Defensively, he is probably still a top 5-7 center in the league, and we have him as a back up. He will be playing around 20mpg and people automatically down grade him as a player because he signed with the Knicks, it's ridiculous.

Look some Knicks fans (niko and IDunk) jump the gun at times and really overestimate our abilities but I'd like to see us have a full training camp and offseason and play about 15-20 games before making judgement.

As for the Knicks VS Nets argument we will have to wait for NOV 1 but if I had to make an unbiased estimation I'd still say Knicks do better this season. Net's really don't have a lot of depth and if an injury or two stacks up then they are left pretty vulnerable.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Kiddlovesnets
08-05-2012, 10:18 PM
So basically your life consists of living a the crappy side of the Hudson and coming to an online forum to put so much effort into hating a team "you don't care about", wow.

Oh well, just like how most of you Knicks fans do to the Nets, interesting point of view I must say. Though I have to admit that I wont be as active on ISH after Aug, 22nd, since my graduate life in Cornell will begin by that time.

Trentknicks
08-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh well, just like how most of you Knicks fans do to the Nets, interesting point of view I must say. Though I have to admit that I wont be as active on ISH after Aug, 22nd, since my graduate life in Cornell will begin by that time.
Net's receive so much less hate than the Knicks. Only problem anyone has with the Net's is Deron and JJ saying they are currently the better team in NY, which is hard to quantify with the season they just came off and considering they haven't played a game yet. Will they be improved? Yes, alot. I know it's just brooding a rivalry in the city, but come on, they haven't played a game in NY yet.

Kiddlovesnets
08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Net's receive so much less hate than the Knicks. Only problem anyone has with the Net's is Deron and JJ saying they are currently the better team in NY, which is hard to quantify with the season they just came off and considering they haven't played a game yet. Will they be improved? Yes, alot. I know it's just brooding a rivalry in the city, but come on, they haven't played a game in NY yet.

I did not say they played a game in NY already, did I? After all I wouldnt bother replying in this thread if I had not read so many Nets-bashing posts from you Knicks fans.
:cheers:

TMacMagic
08-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Spike Lee paying David Stern big dollas to get some advantages.

LakersForlife
08-05-2012, 10:26 PM
totally. this team cant play whatsoever.amare who cant do shit without nash.a ball stopper .and a grandpa

The Nets
11-27-2012, 12:36 AM

SevereUpInHere
11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Way to be a classy winner.

iDunk
11-27-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't get it.

The Nets
01-21-2013, 10:47 PM

Smoke117
01-21-2013, 11:53 PM
One thing I don't understand is why J.R. Smith has such a green light to chuck like he has been this season. His efficiency is horrendous...the worst since his rookie year and during that Spurs game Chuck mentioned how J.R. Smith should be considered for the all star game as a guard...are you ****ing kidding me? The guy averages 16.7ppg on 15.3 shot attempts...that's horrendous. It isn't as if he does anything else either that great. Someone needs to put a choke chain on him and put him to heel.

jimmy77x
01-22-2013, 12:18 AM

Nice bump still 2nd in east

The Nets
05-19-2013, 12:01 AM
:pimp:

Blue&Orange
05-19-2013, 12:07 AM
:pimp:
yes pimp indeed.

Almost everyone was predicting the Nets to have a better record than the Knicks and go to the ECF.

Talk about overrated trash :rolleyes:

ClutchOver9000
05-19-2013, 12:18 AM
yes pimp indeed.

Almost everyone was predicting the Nets to have a better record than the Knicks and go to the ECF.

Talk about overrated trash :rolleyes:

Everyone will forget that because it goes against their anti-Knicks campaign

The Nets
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM

The Nets
01-06-2015, 10:20 AM

Clocian-IGN
01-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Wow at the bumps

imdaman99