PDA

View Full Version : Put JaVale McGee in the 50-60's and he's top 10 player all-time imo..

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:08 PM
imagine putting JaVale McGee on a team during the 50's and early 60's he would Dominate with his athletiscm and size.. he would be as good as Wilt and Russel with a littel extra motor ... guys back then were unathletic 6'6 centers.. george mikan was considered a giant at that time and he was 6'9 1/2 .... while javale is 7'0 with long arms he can also beast offensively like he did against lakers in a couple games during the playoffs but he lacks consictency in todays time..But that would be easily fixed because the 50'60's were much easier and he would put those numbers on a bad day .. i mean like probably 1 out of 15 guys could dunk back then he'd be swatting it pretty easily

dunksby
08-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Put Javale's brains in a monkey's head and you get OP.

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:13 PM

JaVale matured dramatically since he got to denver have u ever seen him in a blooper vid since.? he aint the dumb guy no more

dunksby
08-02-2012, 11:14 PM
JaVale matured dramatically since he got to denver have u ever seen him in a blooper vid since.? he aint the dumb guy no more
Maybe because they took his brains and put in a monkey's head who is now trolling ISH?

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Maybe because they took his brains and put in a monkey's head who is now trolling ISH?

ahahha thats soo not funny -_- ..

Raz
08-02-2012, 11:21 PM
imagine putting JaVale McGee on a team during the 50's and early 60's he would Dominate with his athletiscm and size.. he would be as good as Wilt and Russel with a littel extra motor ... guys back then were unathletic 6'6 centers.. george mikan was considered a giant at that time and he was 6'9 1/2 .... while javale is 7'0 with long arms he can also beast offensively like he did against lakers in a couple games during the playoffs but he lacks consictency in todays time..But that would be easily fixed because the 50'60's were much easier and he would put those numbers on a bad day .. i mean like probably 1 out of 15 guys could dunk back then he'd be swatting it pretty easily

I just spewed in my mouth a little. Lucky I kept it closed, otherwise I may have spewed a bunch of vomit on ISH like you just did.

Inserting random current athletes into the past is becoming very ridiculous. Let's insert prime Tiger Woods back into golf in the 1940's. Guy would flat out dominate right? How about Usain Bolt being in the 1936 Olympics? He would blow those weak-asses off the track.

It's a very stupid premise, but by the sounds of your usage of the word 'mate', my guess is that you're an Australian....

You forgot to factor in McGee's propensity to be lost on defense, over play his man, lack of any post moves, and the basketball IQ of Eddie Griffin on weed.

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I just spewed in my mouth a little. Lucky I kept it closed, otherwise I may have spewed a bunch of vomit on ISH like you just did.

Inserting random current athletes into the past is becoming very ridiculous. Let's insert prime Tiger Woods back into golf in the 1940's. Guy would flat out dominate right? How about Usain Bolt being in the 1936 Olympics? He would blow those weak-asses off the track.

It's a very stupid premise, but by the sounds of your usage of the word 'mate', my guess is that you're an Australian....

You forgot to factor in McGee's propensity to be lost on defense, over play his man, lack of any post moves, and the basketball IQ of Eddie Griffin on weed.

im american mate...

DirkNowitzki41
08-02-2012, 11:23 PM
agreed.

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:23 PM

yeah so the dudes a athletic freak it covers up that i mean wuts the point of a post move (that he dus have) wen he can just dunk over em all

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:24 PM

OH YEAH i wrote if he had a little extra motor aswell... go look.

Raz
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM
yeah so the dudes a athletic freak it covers up that i mean wuts the point of a post move (that he dus have) wen he can just dunk over em all

That's the most poorly written post I have ever seen. I take back the Australian comment, they have a better education system.

Obama needs to spend more money on education if this is the current output.

8BeastlyXOIAD
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Joel Anthony in that era will make both Wilt, and Bill Russell his bitches

dunksby
08-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Joel Anthony in that era will make both Wilt, and Bill Russell his bitches
Beastly is that really you? :bowdown: Missed your pothead lovin ass man, give us some Beasley appreciation threads yo!

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:29 PM
That's the most poorly written post I have ever seen. I take back the Australian comment, they have a better education system.

Obama needs to spend more money on education if this is the current output.

Yeah so? The dude is an athletic freak. His athletic ability will cover up his mental mistakes. What is the point of developing a Post-game (which he already has) when he can just use his athletic ability to score.

There..

Raz
08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
You know why this thread is stupid? You could pick the 5 most talented ball players from ISH, and they would probably dominate the 50's. I know in my prime (22) I could go in and wreck havoc defensively on those guys, and play a similar game to Rondo, but at 6'4" and without the insane athleticism. I would be worried about some of these guys in the 50's catching my wrap around passes, or anything through the legs.

The physicality back then was insane - that would probably be the equalizer, and Cousy seemed to be the only pg that would pount the air out of the ball, so I probably wouldn't be overly accepted.

The skills I have worked on didn't really exist back then. Same with any modern baller (not talking about your average scrubs).

Overall, stupid idea for a thread. It's been done many times before, and Russell and Wilt would still destroy McGee.

flipogb
08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
you have it wrong, Javele has a monkey brain in a human body

SpecialQue
08-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Your opinion is garbage.

Raz
08-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah so? The dude is an athletic freak. His athletic ability will cover up his mental mistakes. What is the point of developing a Post-game (which he already has) when he can just use his athletic ability to score.

There..

Thanks - it's legible. He is an athletic freak, but his IQ problems translate over the same in the 50's and 60's NBA. Wilt Chamberlain was more athletic, smarter, stronger, and has a wide repertoire of moves. He would eat McGee up.

NuggetsFan
08-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Put McGee in the 50's and he probably doesn't get anywhere near a basketball due to being deemed mentally retarded :oldlol:

But seriously people should just compare players relative to their era's and what they did. Wilt shouldn't be compared to MJ because he averaged 50 points a game or scored 100 but because he dominated his competition to a similar level. Obviously McGee would be a freak back than. He's ridiculously athletic. It's just a fact that game has become more athletic. Maybe the sport basketball has regressed due to the constant ISOing, flashy dribbling etc. but the game's far more advanced now and you can't deny it. It's what happens when time passes. It's not music or movies where's it subjective but the human body. Anybody who thinks a guy like James White would not go ham in the 50's is fooling themselves.

Guess there's no way of really knowing. Who knows would have happened if some of those players were born in '91 instead. With today's weight training, AAU basketball, diets, film etc.

Either way don't think players should ever be directly compared like this.

waseem780
08-02-2012, 11:36 PM
You know why this thread is stupid? You could pick the 5 most talented ball players from ISH, and they would probably dominate the 50's. I know in my prime (22) I could go in and wreck havoc defensively on those guys, and play a similar game to Rondo, but at 6'4" and without the insane athleticism. I would be worried about some of these guys in the 50's catching my wrap around passes, or anything through the legs.

The physicality back then was insane - that would probably be the equalizer, and Cousy seemed to be the only pg that would pount the air out of the ball, so I probably wouldn't be overly accepted.

The skills I have worked on didn't really exist back then. Same with any modern baller (not talking about your average scrubs).

Overall, stupid idea for a thread. It's been done many times before, and Russell and Wilt would still destroy McGee.

ok my point is that this generation is much more athletic than the past and an average but athletic player could easily dominate in the 50'60s

bmd
08-02-2012, 11:37 PM
im american mate...Americans don't say "mate".

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m607/xLovely_Emox/gif/BUSTED.gif

Raz
08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
ok my point is that this generation is much more athletic than the past and an average but athletic player could easily dominate in the 50'60s

Fine. State that then, but that's common knowledge.

If you gave a guy like Elgin Baylor the nutrition, salary, training methods of today's athletes, as well as game tape and the level of competition that a guy from the 90's might have grown up with, and you have a superstar today.

Sports evolve from looking and learning from past generations. Training methods improve, people become aware of their health.

It's like putting some modern day hunter with modern weapons back 20,000 years and saying he would be the GOAT hunter. No shit he would be.

NuggetsFan
08-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Fine. State that then, but that's common knowledge.

If you gave a guy like Elgin Baylor the nutrition, salary, training methods of today's athletes, as well as game tape and the level of competition that a guy from the 90's might have grown up with, and you have a superstar today.

Sports evolve from looking and learning from past generations. Training methods improve, people become aware of their health.

It's like putting some modern day hunter with modern weapons back 20,000 years and saying he would be the GOAT hunter. No shit he would be.

Good post. Certain things simply evolve and you can't deny it and that's why certain things should be compared relative to era, like sports.

atljonesbro
08-02-2012, 11:44 PM
This thread is ABOLUTELY correct. I mean Javale would be a GOD in the 50s and 60s. Wilt is a poor mans Hassan Whiteside in todays era and Russel is a poor mans Hilton Armstrong, Javale is 10x the players they ever were. Javale might be the GOAT :eek: :biggums:

KG215
08-02-2012, 11:45 PM

I think you're severely underrating the athleticism of the best players of the 50s and 60s. Not all of them were good athletes by today's standards, but plenty of them (Russell, Wilt, Baylor, West, Robertson) were very good athletes.

outbreak
08-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Thread is bad and OP should feel bad. Bring Wilt into our day and age, give him our work out programs and what we know about nutrition and what not and he'll still be a beast. Sure we have more legit bigs now but back then they measured with no shoes on. Mikan being on the high end of 6"9 barefoot would probably make him around Dwight's real size barefoot. Stop posting the same rubbish every week

MisterAmazing
08-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Ban the OP, please.

/thread

Freedom Kid7
08-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Make all the "new compares better to the centers of old" and all those arguments, but Javale's IQ is about the equivalent of a potato. I mean, you can argue athleticism all day in regards to old centers, but Russell and Wilt both had solid basketball IQ and intangibles Javale doesn't

waseem780
08-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Ban the OP, please.

/thread

for what? stating my opinion that most of the ppl agree with? even the people that im arguing with like raz just think the post is stupid. not untrue. have you ever watched a 50"S nba game "some" are very unathletic when they lay up it looks like the women in WNBA nowadays.. and i never said javale is beter than wilt or russel i just said he would dominate because Javale + high motor(fixes most his prob) would be in wilt and russel's category all-time

waseem780
08-03-2012, 12:36 AM

muhammed ali,joe frazier ..etc wuld whoop todays boxer's (pacquio , mayweather)

noosaman
08-03-2012, 12:37 AM
I fee like McGee would be garbage no matter what era you put him in

waseem780
08-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Thread is bad and OP should feel bad. Bring Wilt into our day and age, give him our work out programs and what we know about nutrition and what not and he'll still be a beast. Sure we have more legit bigs now but back then they measured with no shoes on. Mikan being on the high end of 6"9 barefoot would probably make him around Dwight's real size barefoot. Stop posting the same rubbish every week

mikan in todays league is a poor man's brian scalabrine.. same height same body same skill. i can guarantee that

ralph_i_el
08-03-2012, 12:51 AM

those guys played ball for a living and you sit on your computer. What makes you think that you're any better because your gym, ball, and hoop are in 2012?

Mcgee would still be an idiot if he played back then. Obviously he'd put up better #'s because his greatest weakness is large bulky centers which he would not be facing at that time. However, it's not like you can just jump through people and become the GOAT. He would still have no idea how to be part of an offense or how to play in a real defensive scheme

ralph_i_el
08-03-2012, 12:53 AM

well you'd hope so considering pacquio and mayweather weigh 80+ lbs less than Ali and frazier.

I'm starting to think OP is dumber than javale

swi7ch
08-03-2012, 12:55 AM
I think top 5.

fsvr54
08-03-2012, 12:57 AM

LOL at this nikka thinking he can ball.

Deuce Bigalow
08-03-2012, 01:01 AM
http://i.imm.io/z3j1.jpeg

KG215
08-03-2012, 02:05 AM

Of course they would. Ali and Frazier were heavyweights. Ali was like 6'3" and over 200 pounds, and Frazier was like 6'0" and over 200 pounds. I don't know they exact weight restrictions for their classes but that's not a good comparison. And both Pacquiao and Maywether are is 5'7"-5'8" and around 140 pounds.

Kiddlovesnets
08-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Nope, his B-ball IQ would still be as low as it is now, he aint making all-star games.

TheBigVeto
08-03-2012, 02:54 AM

:roll:

ok man. he may not end up top 10, but he'll be better than Wilt.

Kblaze8855
08-03-2012, 03:15 AM
There were guys back then holding players who would go on to light up players in the 80s to awful performances. Players with skill. But Mcgee is just gonna jump over people and become a scorer and some dominant player?

You do know he wasnt that in college right? wilt was a 7'1'' 265-310 pound track star and Russell was a 6'10'' top 10 world ranked high jumper. Mcgee didnt dominate Boise st but hes gonna eat up guys who could contain/nearly shut down 7'3'' amazingly skilled kareem who has dropped 40+ on multiple players who played into the 2000s....

It amazes me what some people fail to notice. you could guard Mcgee with Deng and hes not gonna take the game over.

Even if the bigmen were as small as suggested(they were not) its not like Mcgee goes off on smaller bigmen now. he has little skill. In the 50s they would expect him to be a focal point...play back to the basket and be able to play inside out. Pass. Hit cutters.

half his problem is him thinking hes a skilled attacking type and that isnt helping when hes asked to be even more of a traditional bigman than he is now.

He goes out there and tries to dunk from the FT line over a set defender hes never playing again. Some of the shit hes pulled would probably set black people back a decade in basketball. Guys back then were getting benched for dunking on people. having their legs taken out for attempting to be flashy. nobody was throwing lobs.

If mcgee did play in the 50s all that would happen to show you hes as athletic as he is is amazing blocks of which 99.9% would never be seen by modern fans. You would be on here saying Tyrus thomas would be a star if he could be guarded by guys like Mcgee because you wouldnt know shit about him like you dont know shit about the players as they were.

And when you say maybe 1 of 15 players could dunk its clear you dont. The average height only went up an inch from like 67 to 07 and thats not considering the fact that they changed the official heigh listing to include shoes on.

Just because you never saw a lot of them dunk doesnt mean they couldnt. The Harlem Globetrotters did well known pregame dunk contests just for the fans in the 50s.

They were 6'3''-6'10'' people who playing sports for a living....and you think only 1 in 15 could dunk?

There is virtually no footage of Oscar Robertson dunking. You really think there are many 6'5'' guys like this:

http://nballin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/oscar-robertson-trophy.jpg

Who cant dunk?

They had no reason to. Layup is 2 points. Why dunk? So someone who never watched them play anyway knows they could?

You dont appear to know that the guys who DID dunk could dunk. Ive see nthe Lakers in like 1954 dunking in layup lines warming up and none of them seemed to be really trying. So what?

There are plenty of guys who played modern ball who would totally shut Mcgee down that at a glance are no more physically capable than 50s players.

Chris Dudley or Kurt Thomas would shackle Mcgee and be stuck to the floor doing it.

The worst thing about topics like this is just how many people you could get to believe it. My little cousin told me today that basketball "Back in the day" was garbage. He meant 1996. When he was 3. We were watching the olympics and talking about the 96 dream team vs todays. a team he never saw....full of amazing players almost all of whom played modern stars as equals. And they are garbage.

Because hes a know nothing 19 year old idiot. Lot of those going around...

AAckley1
08-03-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm tired of people insulting Walt Bellamy, Nate Thurmond and Kevin Willis.

Kews1
08-03-2012, 06:39 AM

Hahahahaha :bowdown: bloody Aussies mate I tell ya

Trumpin
08-03-2012, 07:14 AM
I fee like McGee would be garbage no matter what era you put him in

So garbage that next year he'll make more money then your whole family made in it's entire existence.

G.O.A.T
08-03-2012, 09:07 AM

your point is wrong.

If aestheticism was more important than skill Steve Nash, Kevin Love, Al Jefferson, Boris Diaw etc. would not be in the NBA, let alone be good to very good players. Athleticism gives you greater potential which is more valuable now that teams get to develop and mold players year round.

swi7ch
08-03-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm tired of people insulting Walt Bellamy, Nate Thurmond and Kevin Willis.

McGee would drop 50 on each of them, sorry.

jongib369
08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
There were guys back then holding players who would go on to light up players in the 80s to awful performances. Players with skill. But Mcgee is just gonna jump over people and become a scorer and some dominant player?

You do know he wasnt that in college right? wilt was a 7'1'' 265-310 pound track star and Russell was a 6'10'' top 10 world ranked high jumper. Mcgee didnt dominate Boise st but hes gonna eat up guys who could contain/nearly shut down 7'3'' amazingly skilled kareem who has dropped 40+ on multiple players who played into the 2000s....

It amazes me what some people fail to notice. you could guard Mcgee with Deng and hes not gonna take the game over.

Even if the bigmen were as small as suggested(they were not) its not like Mcgee goes off on smaller bigmen now. he has little skill. In the 50s they would expect him to be a focal point...play back to the basket and be able to play inside out. Pass. Hit cutters.

half his problem is him thinking hes a skilled attacking type and that isnt helping when hes asked to be even more of a traditional bigman than he is now.

He goes out there and tries to dunk from the FT line over a set defender hes never playing again. Some of the shit hes pulled would probably set black people back a decade in basketball. Guys back then were getting benched for dunking on people. having their legs taken out for attempting to be flashy. nobody was throwing lobs.

If mcgee did play in the 50s all that would happen to show you hes as athletic as he is is amazing blocks of which 99.9% would never be seen by modern fans. You would be on here saying Tyrus thomas would be a star if he could be guarded by guys like Mcgee because you wouldnt know shit about him like you dont know shit about the players as they were.

And when you say maybe 1 of 15 players could dunk its clear you dont. The average height only went up an inch from like 67 to 07 and thats not considering the fact that they changed the official heigh listing to include shoes on.

Just because you never saw a lot of them dunk doesnt mean they couldnt. The Harlem Globetrotters did well known pregame dunk contests just for the fans in the 50s.

They were 6'3''-6'10'' people who playing sports for a living....and you think only 1 in 15 could dunk?

There is virtually no footage of Oscar Robertson dunking. You really think there are many 6'5'' guys like this:

Who cant dunk?

They had no reason to. Layup is 2 points. Why dunk? So someone who never watched them play anyway knows they could?

You dont appear to know that the guys who DID dunk could dunk. Ive see nthe Lakers in like 1954 dunking in layup lines warming up and none of them seemed to be really trying. So what?

There are plenty of guys who played modern ball who would totally shut Mcgee down that at a glance are no more physically capable than 50s players.

Chris Dudley or Kurt Thomas would shackle Mcgee and be stuck to the floor doing it.

The worst thing about topics like this is just how many people you could get to believe it. My little cousin told me today that basketball "Back in the day" was garbage. He meant 1996. When he was 3. We were watching the olympics and talking about the 96 dream team vs todays. a team he never saw....full of amazing players almost all of whom played modern stars as equals. And they are garbage.

:bowdown: :applause:

you are a :pimp:

Math2
08-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Key word: IMO

Nobody gives a shit about your uneducated opinion. Unless you've actually SEEN anything from the 60s, you should shut up. People's ridiculous opinions on this site don't count as fact, unless you believe everything you read is true.

Javale McGee....I see you know alot about him too. I'm not too sure who "Russel" is, but he seems to be pretty low rated. I guess I should just take your word for it. Wilt....HA:roll: :roll: :applause: I see you think highly of him too. Have you ever seen him? Could you even tell him apart from someone like Darrell Imhoff? Can you? I don't think so.

Does strength mean anything at all to you? Wilt against McGee is like Shaq against some skinny white player. No muscle. Wilt is the strongest player of all time, and you think JAVALE MCGEE could hold his own against him. Are you crazy, or just uneducated. Do you need me to explain words to you, or maybe at least point you to this tool called (I'll give you a little pause in case this is too much), spell check?

People were totally unathletic then. Right? Where are the dunks? Because I know because I read it here that dunks make you athletic. Ever stop to think WHY people rate "Russel" so high? Because of his athleticism unmatched by anyone of every era. You're knocking the 60s for having weak players when you can knock the 2010s for having Darko in the league. Sure, he's shit, but he doesn't define the era, just like Darrell Imhoff didn't define the 60s.Hell, today is a weaker era because there is so much SHIT in the league. Brian Scalabrine? HA couldn't make a team. Nor Darko, or TJ Ford, Greg Oden or any of the crap that pollutes the pool of players. Because (this seems to be a really hard concept for anyone on the forum, it's really just common sense....I'll also give you a new paragraph because your attention span is probably a couple of uncapitalized sentences.)

Because when there are less teams......there are less bad players. The league isn't going to shut out good players because there are too many per team! Imagine that the Celtics folded. The Celtics have some good players. What are those players going to do? Go home because their team folded? No....they will replace the shit at the bottom. It's common sense. Why sign Brian Scalabrine when you can get KG? Thus, the 60s were STRONGER because there were MORE good players per team. Sure, there are teams like the Knicks that sucked, but today there are the Nets, the Bobcats, the Hornets, the Wizards. Yes, today is very strong.

Learn a little before you make idiotic theads that have been done multiple times. Because today, people think that they are superior to before. Just because it's happening now doesn't mean that it's better....

Here's something to try to do.....think. You might actually learn something.

2LeTTeRS
08-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Kblaze already said basically everything I was going to say about this topic and more so I'll just quote myself from the last time someone claimed McGee would dominate the game in past eras.

Why do people overrate athleticism so much? McGee was the biggest and most athletic player on the court anytime he stepped foot on court in college (against inferior competition at the University of Nevada in the WAC) and he didn't dominate, yet we are supposed to believe that the pro's in the 60s and 70s were so much worse than even low caliber collegiate competition that he would somehow dominate? How does that make sense?

With that in mind still think he has potential, and re-signing him was a good move for the Nuggets.

NuggetsFan
08-03-2012, 11:19 AM

I'm not sure why people who are way up their in age pretend like they like know anything about the 50's\60's unless they actually attended games themselves. Wilt Chamberlains 100 point game wasn't even on TV. There's zero footage. You realize how many games that happened with? NY press didn't even attend the game. I actually remember reading that majority didn't even give a f*ck about it till later on. There's like audio of the 4th quarter.

I'm 21 and can find out just as much as you can about the 50's, unless your 70. Younger generation(younger than me) will be about 100x more informed than any other era of basketball fan. There's league pass, twitter, ESPN, synergy sports etc. f*ck you can find out how effective a player is at running the pick and roll to an exact number.

Good try pulling the kids these days no nothing card tho. Probably to busy actually watching 80% of the f*cking season on live TV :oldlol:

NuggetsFan
08-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Another thing to think about is video scouting. Battier has like a book on how to guard Kobe. Players know McGee is stupid. They know his moves. They know if he goes right more than left. Where he likes to post up etc. and so forth.

That doesn't happen in the 50's. Clearly his game would be learned but not to the extent it is now.

Math2
08-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure why people who are way up their in age pretend like they like know anything about the 50's\60's unless they actually attended games themselves. Wilt Chamberlains 100 point game wasn't even on TV. There's zero footage. You realize how many games that happened with? NY press didn't even attend the game. I actually remember reading that majority didn't even give a f*ck about it till later on. There's like audio of the 4th quarter.

I'm 21 and can find out just as much as you can about the 50's, unless your 70. Younger generation(younger than me) will be about 100x more informed than any other era of basketball fan. There's league pass, twitter, ESPN, synergy sports etc. f*ck you can find out how effective a player is at running the pick and roll to an exact number.

Good try pulling the kids these days no nothing card tho. Probably to busy actually watching 80% of the f*cking season on live TV :oldlol:

TWITTER??? How does that inform you of anything basketball other than news (which people just can't wait a few hours for) . Twitter is a fad, it'll be gone by the time the younger generation is in college.

Colbertnation64
08-03-2012, 11:59 AM
TWITTER??? How does that inform you of anything basketball other than news (which people just can't wait a few hours for) . Twitter is a fad, it'll be gone by the time the younger generation is in college.
LOL

If you think social media is a fad you're in for disappointment...

Kblaze8855
08-03-2012, 12:31 PM

I never said a 19 year old cant know history. I did when I was 19. I said my little cousin is a know nothing 19 year old and he is. And that there are a lot of them around. And there are. Would you even disagree with that?

When it comes to the past someone who became an adult months ago is just less likely to have looked into it than people with more time as fans of the game.

Nobody(I would assume) thinks im old enough to have seen the 60s. But I sure as hell have seen and learned more about it than some guy who think Mcgee is gonna light up people who Kareem didnt.

Good try pulling the kids these days no nothing card tho. Probably to busy actually watching 80% of the f*cking season on live TV

A guy who thinks Mcgee is top 10 all time because some guy who might guard him in the 60s is shorter not knowing anything isnt a card to pull. Its a perfectly reasonable assumption. Guys back then who put up near 30/20 seasons arent even ranked top 50. But Mcgee is gonna be top 10 all time because of...whatever the hell he thinks hes gonna do?

People who dont appear to be know nothing kids....I dont assume they are.

People who say Mcgee is gonna light up a league due to athletic advantages when he doesnt light up non athletes today.....appear to know nothing. The kid part of it....comes off the general nature of his posts.

How many people who have been grown a while would write out "dus", "wuts", and "wen"? Its how texts from kids are written. Im not saying grammar or spelling matter. Im not spell checking shit...ever. Im saying....when someone thinks Mcgee is top 10 all time if he played in the 60s and types like hes sending a text when hes trying to make a point....hes probably a know nothing kid or stopped being one a very short while ago and is now a know nothing young adult.

If that offends you as a 21 year old....so be it. But perhaps you should ask yourself...have I ever called you a know nothing kid or implied you are one because of some idiotic statement?

I dont remember ever doing it. Perhaps...that means I dont think you are and I judge each situation case by case.

This guy...sounds like a know nothing 19 year old I know who dropped out of college to sell weed and work at wafflehouse.

If you did as well...id let you know. I dont care how old you are. Just make sense.

waseem780
08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Of course they would. Ali and Frazier were heavyweights. Ali was like 6'3" and over 200 pounds, and Frazier was like 6'0" and over 200 pounds. I don't know they exact weight restrictions for their classes but that's not a good comparison. And both Pacquiao and Maywether are is 5'7"-5'8" and around 140 pounds.

sorry im not a boxing fan i just hear from people that boxing this generation isnt as close to as competitive in the 70's... lol

waseem780
08-03-2012, 07:37 PM
well you'd hope so considering pacquio and mayweather weigh 80+ lbs less than Ali and frazier.

I'm starting to think OP is dumber than javale

was that supposed to be funny??

anyways im not a boxing fan ...so sorry if i hurt your feelings//:facepalm

Math2
08-03-2012, 07:40 PM
LOL

If you think social media is a fad you're in for disappointment...

Isn't it? What is there, people talking to each other while looking at each others pictures in real time....That sure will stand the test of time.

waseem780
08-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Key word: IMO

Nobody gives a shit about your uneducated opinion. Unless you've actually SEEN anything from the 60s, you should shut up. People's ridiculous opinions on this site don't count as fact, unless you believe everything you read is true.

Javale McGee....I see you know alot about him too. I'm not too sure who "Russel" is, but he seems to be pretty low rated. I guess I should just take your word for it. Wilt....HA:roll: :roll: :applause: I see you think highly of him too. Have you ever seen him? Could you even tell him apart from someone like Darrell Imhoff? Can you? I don't think so.

Does strength mean anything at all to you? Wilt against McGee is like Shaq against some skinny white player. No muscle. Wilt is the strongest player of all time, and you think JAVALE MCGEE could hold his own against him. Are you crazy, or just uneducated. Do you need me to explain words to you, or maybe at least point you to this tool called (I'll give you a little pause in case this is too much), spell check?

People were totally unathletic then. Right? Where are the dunks? Because I know because I read it here that dunks make you athletic. Ever stop to think WHY people rate "Russel" so high? Because of his athleticism unmatched by anyone of every era. You're knocking the 60s for having weak players when you can knock the 2010s for having Darko in the league. Sure, he's shit, but he doesn't define the era, just like Darrell Imhoff didn't define the 60s.Hell, today is a weaker era because there is so much SHIT in the league. Brian Scalabrine? HA couldn't make a team. Nor Darko, or TJ Ford, Greg Oden or any of the crap that pollutes the pool of players. Because (this seems to be a really hard concept for anyone on the forum, it's really just common sense....I'll also give you a new paragraph because your attention span is probably a couple of uncapitalized sentences.)

Because when there are less teams......there are less bad players. The league isn't going to shut out good players because there are too many per team! Imagine that the Celtics folded. The Celtics have some good players. What are those players going to do? Go home because their team folded? No....they will replace the shit at the bottom. It's common sense. Why sign Brian Scalabrine when you can get KG? Thus, the 60s were STRONGER because there were MORE good players per team. Sure, there are teams like the Knicks that sucked, but today there are the Nets, the Bobcats, the Hornets, the Wizards. Yes, today is very strong.

Learn a little before you make idiotic theads that have been done multiple times. Because today, people think that they are superior to before. Just because it's happening now doesn't mean that it's better....

Here's something to try to do.....think. You might actually learn something.

this is officially the stupidest post of the day.. you make up some bull and say i said .. WHEN DID I SAY JAVALE WOULD BEAT WILT OR RUSSEL ON THE POST??? I said he would beat the other scrubs from the 50's... and btw yes infact i have watched 60"s games and wilt and russel. and the end part of less teams means better players .. that doesnt really prove anything..there's alot of more stuff but i cant be bothered with you..

waseem780
08-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Hahahahaha :bowdown: bloody Aussies mate I tell ya
im not australlian:biggums:

waseem780
08-03-2012, 07:59 PM
:roll:

ok man. he may not end up top 10, but he'll be better than Wilt.

wilt is top 5 for most people.

waseem780
08-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Who cant dunk?

ok reasonable i respect your opinion...

waseem780
08-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I never said a 19 year old cant know history. I did when I was 19. I said my little cousin is a know nothing 19 year old and he is. And that there are a lot of them around. And there are. Would you even disagree with that?

When it comes to the past someone who became an adult months ago is just less likely to have looked into it than people with more time as fans of the game.

Nobody(I would assume) thinks im old enough to have seen the 60s. But I sure as hell have seen and learned more about it than some guy who think Mcgee is gonna light up people who Kareem didnt.

A guy who thinks Mcgee is top 10 all time because some guy who might guard him in the 60s is shorter not knowing anything isnt a card to pull. Its a perfectly reasonable assumption. Guys back then who put up near 30/20 seasons arent even ranked top 50. But Mcgee is gonna be top 10 all time because of...whatever the hell he thinks hes gonna do?

People who dont appear to be know nothing kids....I dont assume they are.

People who say Mcgee is gonna light up a league due to athletic advantages when he doesnt light up non athletes today.....appear to know nothing. The kid part of it....comes off the general nature of his posts.

How many people who have been grown a while would write out "dus", "wuts", and "wen"? Its how texts from kids are written. Im not saying grammar or spelling matter. Im not spell checking shit...ever. Im saying....when someone thinks Mcgee is top 10 all time if he played in the 60s and types like hes sending a text when hes trying to make a point....hes probably a know nothing kid or stopped being one a very short while ago and is now a know nothing young adult.

If that offends you as a 21 year old....so be it. But perhaps you should ask yourself...have I ever called you a know nothing kid or implied you are one because of some idiotic statement?

I dont remember ever doing it. Perhaps...that means I dont think you are and I judge each situation case by case.

This guy...sounds like a know nothing 19 year old I know who dropped out of college to sell weed and work at wafflehouse.

If you did as well...id let you know. I dont care how old you are. Just make sense.

:milton how did you know???/

Math2
08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
this is officially the stupidest post of the day.. you make up some bull and say i said .. WHEN DID I SAY JAVALE WOULD BEAT WILT OR RUSSEL ON THE POST??? I said he would beat the other scrubs from the 50's... and btw yes infact i have watched 60"s games and wilt and russel. and the end part of less teams means better players .. that doesnt really prove anything..there's alot of more stuff but i cant be bothered with you..

Are you sure? When you said he would dominate them, and when you said that his games against the Lakers would be the WORST games in the 60s. So they would be his worst games EXCEPT for his games against Russell. I read the "at the end part" sentence a few times before I realized what you were trying to say (still haven't found spell checker?), yes, it proves that the average team was better back then. :lol

b1imtf
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Goat

tontoz
08-03-2012, 09:27 PM
McGee couldn't even post up 5'9 Isiah Thomas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI

It's the 3rd one on this countdown.