PDA

View Full Version : Barbosa to the Lakers?

HorryIsMyMVP
08-04-2012, 03:06 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/08/03/20120803_lakers_seek_barbosa.nba/

So Kobe off the bench?
kidding

roffie
08-04-2012, 03:16 AM
huuuge pick up for the lakers.. dam not gonna lie. lakers are looking real good

unbreakable
08-04-2012, 03:18 AM
good stuff but lakers still aint winning the chip without dwight howard. mitch make it happen if you want kobe to get #6

EnoughSaid
08-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Miami's bench >>> Lakers

sagr32
08-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Miami's bench >>> LakersLakers Starters >>> Miami's

fpliii
08-04-2012, 03:21 AM
all the stars are lining up for the fated LeBron-Kobe Finals duel

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

looks like they were wrong about the world ending in 2012...more like June 2013 :pimp:

KOBE143
08-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Miami's bench >>> Lakers
Kobe >>> Heat franchise

chazzy
08-04-2012, 03:29 AM
you're missing a question mark in the title

eliteballer
you're missing a question mark in the title

yeah..misleading thread title:coleman:

flipogb
just a rumor but it would be nice

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Barbosa to the Lakers?

EnoughSaid
08-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Lakers Starters >>> Miami's

LMAO. LeBron >>> your whole team.

HorryIsMyMVP
08-04-2012, 03:33 AM
NBA.com rumors are almost always right. They are barely even rumors. They just report facts a little bit ahead of time. I'd bet any amount of money that Barbosa will be a Laker.

swag2011
08-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Kobe >>> Heat franchise

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/291443-1/Kobe+Bryant+gives+two+thumbs+up+wearing+t-shirt+with+x-ray+hand+with+five+rings.JPG

illmaticone
08-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Isn't this the same thing as what we heard about 3-4 days ago. Lakers have interest in Barbosa. The deal isn't done from what I understand:confusedshrug:

Rooster
08-04-2012, 03:56 AM
It would be nice if it is true. Barbosa and Jamison combine will have 20 points easily. That's about our bench averaged last year. Worst in the league.

flipogb
08-04-2012, 03:58 AM
Barbosa/Jamison/Nash , and all you really lost is Sessions

damn !

sagr32
08-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Barbosa would be a good backup to Kobe and Nash as long as he can still run the floor and finish at the rim.

illmaticone
08-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Imagine if they can do this, and still do the Dwight deal, while getting back J Rich.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Barbosa
World Peace/J-Rich
Gasol/Jamison
Howard/Hill

That's got to be the best team in the NBA.

RazorBaLade
08-04-2012, 04:04 AM
man if this was 5 years ago we have like the best team ever

comerb
08-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Lakers Starters >>> Miami's

You won't even get by OKC w/out Dwight.

If you get Howard though... ugh.

AirTupac
08-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Barbosa and Sessions would have been disgusting off the bench. 2 fast mother****ers running the court.

Still, would love to have Barbosa.

32MJ32
08-04-2012, 04:27 AM
I've watched this guy play twice at the Olympics and he's looked completely out of control both times. I'm not sure if he's still got anything left in the tank because it's impossible to tell with the manic way he's been playing.

If he signs for the Lakers, Mike Brown et al better keep him on a short leash

WockaVodka
08-04-2012, 04:27 AM
Redd would be a better pickup to be honest.

blacknapalm
08-04-2012, 04:39 AM
meh, it helps in the smallest way possible. barbosa wasn't that good last season and he gives up a lot of points on the defensive end. if he isn't scoring, he hurts you more than helps you...so i don't understand the excitement behind it.

and the deal isn't even close to imminent...

AirTupac
08-04-2012, 04:41 AM
meh, it helps in the smallest way possible. barbosa wasn't that good last season and he gives up a lot of points on the defensive end. if he isn't scoring, he hurts you more than helps you...so i don't understand the excitement behind it.

and the deal isn't even close to imminent...

Please tell me how it helps us in the smallest way possible. You suggest leaving STEVE BLAKE at the 2?

Barbosa >>>>>>>>>>>> Blake and Goudelock backing up Kobe. BY FAR.

blacknapalm
08-04-2012, 04:53 AM
Please tell me how it helps us in the smallest way possible. You suggest leaving STEVE BLAKE at the 2?

Barbosa >>>>>>>>>>>> Blake and Goudelock backing up Kobe. BY FAR.

his defense is even worse than blake's and goudelock's. he shot 40% last year. he's 3-16 in the olympics on 3's. he has noticeably declined...this isn't the suns version of barbosa. i never liked blake at the 2. he can't get by anyone and he doesn't shoot the 3 ball well enough to justify it. i've criticized brown plenty on that.

i say go with goudelock or get someone better than barbosa. if LA does get barbosa, it's just whatever to me. to be fair, he did hit 3's at a decent clip last year but that's what he'll have to do. if he misses shots, he hurts you because of his poor defense. LA needs a good shooter or defender for backup 2. i'll take my chances with goudelock

PickernRoller
08-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Just a rumor. Should be a solid addition if it happens.

@blacknapalm...

Goudelock can't guard a fly, too small, no skill. He can shoot the ball but you're giving him too much credit at it. Barbosa is just the better option over Goudelock. I do agree on what we need. Whatever happens happens...

Bandito
08-04-2012, 05:15 AM
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/291443-1/Kobe+Bryant+gives+two+thumbs+up+wearing+t-shirt+with+x-ray+hand+with+five+rings.JPG

Coolest shirt ever!:applause:

ImmortalD24
08-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Pass. Dude is flat-out garbage. LMAO at these clowns getting excited over this scrub.

blacknapalm
08-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Just a rumor. Should be a solid addition if it happens.

@blacknapalm...

Goudelock can't guard a fly, too small, no skill. He can shoot the ball but you're giving him too much credit at it. Barbosa is just the better option over Goudelock. I do agree on what we need. Whatever happens happens...

let's face it....they're both crappy defenders. blake is better than both on that end which is just sad if you think about it. i'll concede and give barbosa a slight edge defensively but i mean it's not really much of a difference.

offensively, the only thing i can say barbosa has the edge on is scoring coming off screens. in transition, he's not the same anymore. he's pretty terrible in iso. goudelock is by far the better spot up shooter. he was 18/31 last year in those situations. i'd even give the edge to goudelock in the PNR. brown needs to find ways to allow goudelock to get open. when he sets his feet and squares up, the dude is money. this would be more of a lateral move than anything else.

Force
08-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Big pick up, the Lakers are straight up stacked. They should be coming out of the West, the team is insanely stacked. Barbosa can still do put up 12 points in 5 minutes at any given time.

Incredible how many players playing out of Staples between Lakers and Clips.

Scoooter
08-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Really nice pick up. Great scorer off the bench.

PickernRoller
08-04-2012, 06:00 AM
let's face it....they're both crappy defenders. blake is better than both on that end which is just sad if you think about it. i'll concede and give barbosa a slight edge defensively but i mean it's not really much of a difference.

offensively, the only thing i can say barbosa has the edge on is scoring coming off screens. in transition, he's not the same anymore. he's pretty terrible in iso. goudelock is by far the better spot up shooter. he was 18/31 last year in those situations. i'd even give the edge to goudelock in the PNR. brown needs to find ways to allow goudelock to get open. when he sets his feet and squares up, the dude is money. this would be more of a lateral move than anything else.

For sure...agree. The doubt with Goudelock is not only his defense but him performing in the playoffs - experience pays a lot here, my main concern more than anything - at least after watching Sessions crack. However it wouldn't be fair to rule Goudelock as a non-performer if he isn't given the chance to perform in the playoffs.....so yeah it's kind of a trade off + he was in his rookie year and certainly not the best prospect of his draft. In SL games Goudelock has performed very bad(unimpressive) but to give him the benefit of the doubt he's been trying "PG duties" once in a while. I also think Barbosa is a better finisher at the rim with Goudelock falling back to that solid floater of his. You just hope it's not off when you need it most. Rumors swirling around had Goudelock saying that the coach didn't like him or didn't have him serious...prob just a rumor or rookie mad at the 8 man rotation cut.

blacknapalm
08-04-2012, 06:09 AM
For sure...agree. The doubt with Goudelock is not only his defense but him performing in the playoffs - experience pays a lot here, my main concern more than anything - at least after watching Sessions crack. However it wouldn't be fair to rule Goudelock as a non-performer if he isn't given the chance to perform in the playoffs.....so yeah it's kind of a trade off + he was in his rookie year and certainly not the best prospect of his draft. In SL games Goudelock has performed very bad(unimpressive) but to give him the benefit of the doubt he's been trying "PG duties" once in a while. I also think Barbosa is a better finisher at the rim with Goudelock falling back to that solid floater of his. You just hope it's not off when you need it most. Rumors swirling around had Goudelock saying that the coach didn't like him or didn't have him serious...prob just a rumor or rookie mad at the 8 man rotation cut.

fair enough. i understand your points. barbosa is good for depth and insurance regardless. i just like having a player that is less hot/cold. i'd rather a consistent 12 ppg scorer than a 14 ppg scorer (with 20+ point games and single digit games scattered all over)

swi7ch
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Do the other 29+ teams really want LAL to single-handedly dominate the NBA again? Whatever happened to picking somebody up just so your competition wouldn't get tougher? :facepalm

ImmortalD24
08-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Do the other 29+ teams really want LAL to single-handedly dominate the NBA again? Whatever happened to picking somebody up just so your competition wouldn't get tougher? :facepalm
Not sure if serious..

NOHCP3
08-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Would be nice to see Barbosa bounce back after last year... Wasn't that good last year, especially in the Heat series. Maybe being back with Nash would help him... Solid pickup but not huge at all. If it happens

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Barbosa is absolute trash.

longtime lurker
08-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Great pick up by the Lakers if true. Lakers need that unpredictability off the bench a guy that can go for 20+ points any given night. Plus Nash will have to be getting less than 30 mins a game to keep him fresh for the playoffs, I trust Barbosa running the point position more than Blake. His defense is nothing special but he can at least keep up with speedy point guards while Blake has no chance. A 4 guard rotation of Kobe, Nash, Gloudelock and Barbosa would be a dream for the Lakers. They should just sign Martell Webster for the min. and this team would have no weaknesses.

KeyNote
08-04-2012, 09:31 AM
he's great in the right system

the lakers don't have that system

I'd take Delfino, Meeks, and Pietrus before I take barbose tbh

Rooster
08-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I've watched this guy play twice at the Olympics and he's looked completely out of control both times. I'm not sure if he's still got anything left in the tank because it's impossible to tell with the manic way he's been playing.

If he signs for the Lakers, Mike Brown et al better keep him on a short leash

He played well against Russia. The thing about Barbosa is he's very streaky. When he's on, he will light up the scoreboard. When he's off don't expect much. But he's better on drawing fouls and creating his own shots than Blake or Goudeluck

longtime lurker
08-04-2012, 09:54 AM
He played well against Russia. The thing about Barbosa is he's very streaky. When he's on, he will light up the scoreboard. When he's off don't expect much. But he's better on drawing fouls and creating his own shots than Blake or Goudeluck

Amen. And that's what the Lakers need off the bench. My first choice is Twill, but Barbosa+a shooter(Delfino, Martell Webster) is huge for the bench.

BlackVVaves
08-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Barbosa is absolute trash.

Euroleague and his "knowledge" :oldlol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Kobe >>> Heat franchise
well, that's a fact. Nobody can question that fact.
If you take all the accomplishments of all the Heat players in history (while they were Heat players only), it still might not add up to Kobe alone.
(I take that back, Alonzo was beasting).

AirTupac
08-04-2012, 12:49 PM
his defense is even worse than blake's and goudelock's. he shot 40% last year. he's 3-16 in the olympics on 3's. he has noticeably declined...this isn't the suns version of barbosa. i never liked blake at the 2. he can't get by anyone and he doesn't shoot the 3 ball well enough to justify it. i've criticized brown plenty on that.

i say go with goudelock or get someone better than barbosa. if LA does get barbosa, it's just whatever to me. to be fair, he did hit 3's at a decent clip last year but that's what he'll have to do. if he misses shots, he hurts you because of his poor defense. LA needs a good shooter or defender for backup 2. i'll take my chances with goudelock

It's not that easy to get someone better than Barbosa at this point. Goudelock stunk it up in the summer league so I don't have any high hopes for him if he can't even make his shots there. He's undersized so his defense isn't that good; especially going up against 2's. Many people have said if Goudelock wants to survive in this league, he's going to have to adjust to play the 1 but I don't know if thats possible for him.

I just hope Lakers get someone to back up Kobe and not repeat what they did last year.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Euroleague and his "knowledge" :oldlol:

Anyone that says Barbosa isn't trash should be banned from this forum.

AirTupac
08-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Shitnoulis = 3ppg 31% FG

MrWarrior
08-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Who was coming off the bench for Kobe last year ?
Blake?
Should be a pretty good upgrade for the Lakers.

BlackVVaves
08-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Your infinite negs under your account, which are only supplementary to your incompetence, ignorance, and lack of intellectual based insight, proves you're actually the one who carries the "should be banned" sentiment.

By the way, Barbosa isn't trash. Trash would be, Greece as a basketball team, for instance.

Barbosa is serviceable. Lakers could and should get better, as he's in the downside on his career. But, he's not "trash".

DaSeba5
08-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Imagine if they can do this, and still do the Dwight deal, while getting back J Rich.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Barbosa
World Peace/J-Rich
Gasol/Jamison
Howard/Hill

That's got to be the best team in the NBA.

:biggums:

Rooster
08-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Rentzias = Trash
Tsakalidis = Trash
Fotsis = Trash
Glyniadakis = Trash
Spanoulis = Trash

Barbosa is shittin on all those Greeks trashes combined

Zedja
08-04-2012, 01:41 PM
:biggums:
Eh it's arguable but not definitive.

DaSeba5
08-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Eh it's arguable but not definitive.

On paper.... 5 years ago

I'm not sure they can beat OKC yet unless they get Howard.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-04-2012, 01:46 PM
On paper.... 5 years ago

I'm not sure they can beat OKC yet unless they get Howard.
Besides Lebron and bosh, Miami heat ain't all that young themselves.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Your infinite negs under your account, which are only supplementary to your incompetence, ignorance, and lack of intellectual based insight, proves you're actually the one who carries the "should be banned" sentiment.

By the way, Barbosa isn't trash. Trash would be, Greece as a basketball team, for instance.

Barbosa is serviceable. Lakers could and should get better, as he's in the downside on his career. But, he's not "trash".

Barbosa isn't good enough to play in a mid level Greek League team like Panionios.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Rentzias = Trash
Tsakalidis = Trash
Fotsis = Trash
Glyniadakis = Trash
Spanoulis = Trash

Barbosa is shittin on all those Greeks trashes combined

Barbosa isn't even as good as Vassilis Xanthopoulos.

KOBEtherealKing
08-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Is there any way lakers can get rid of steve blake????????

and sign jordan farmar... is he still available?

Rooster
08-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Barbosa isn't even as good as Vassilis Xanthopoulos.

Get back at me when Greece actually produced a decent NBA player. I don't hear VSpan momma excuse on why he failed on the next level.:roll:

Rooster
08-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Is there any way lakers can get rid of steve blake????????

and sign jordan farmar... is he still available?

2years of being over paid, not gonna happen. I don't mind him being a 3rd string PG.

Noof
08-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Who was coming off the bench for Kobe last year ?
Blake?
Should be a pretty good upgrade for the Lakers.
Yeah. It was Jason Kapono earlier in the year. He was terrible at everything, including shooting, and Mitch had to trade him so Brown would stop playing him. Brown responded by playing Blake at SG instead of Goudelock, who had already proven he could score off the bench.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Get back at me when Greece actually produced a decent NBA player. I don't hear VSpan momma excuse on why he failed on the next level.:roll:

The Euroleague is a higher level than the NBA.

Spanoulis is the best player in the world's best league.

HorryIsMyMVP
08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
The Euroleague is a higher level than the NBA.

Spanoulis is the best player in the world's best league.
Who?