PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still think the 2012 team is better than the Dream Team?

Math2
08-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Or are you still living in your "LeBron is GOAT!!!!!" fantasy world?

:confusedshrug:

TMacMagic
08-04-2012, 01:56 PM
dream team>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2012 team

sixer6ad
08-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Was proud of Dream Team because of the people and players they were. This group? I wish the next 10 years would pass today so that I don't have to listen or watch this group of thugs.

It's not even fun because of what they represent and their thoughts of entitlement.

colorz
08-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't think anyone who understands basketball really thought that the 2012 team is better than 92.

StateOfMind12
08-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't think anyone thought the 2012 team was better than the Dream Team. I think they just thought that they could beat them and that was it.

I do think the original 2012 USA team before the injuries would have a much better chance though.

Indian guy
08-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Was proud of Dream Team because of the people and players they were. This group? I wish the next 10 years would pass today so that I don't have to listen or watch this group of thugs.

It's not even fun because of what they represent and their thoughts of entitlement.

Thugs? What they represent? Thoughts of entitlement? :oldlol:

He LEFT. Get the **** over it already.

Rooster
08-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Patrick Ewing, Barkley, Admiral and Malone would have a field day against this team. However the team is constructed because of FIBA style. If USA is constructed to play agains the Dream Team, they would have guys like Howard Bynum, Garnett and Duncan.

Indian guy
08-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Games like today's reinforce Team USA's fragility inside. Nobody's ever denied that. Still doesn't mean they can't give the Dream Team a legit series. What's annoying is those who pretend it wouldn't even be close based on the competitiveness of some of these Olympic games, not realizing how the competition today is far superior to what it was in '92.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:15 PM
USA 80 - Brazil 69

USA 86 - Argentina 80

USA 99 - Lithuania 94

I doubt if the 2012 US team could even stay within 20 points of the '92 Dream Team.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Games like today's reinforce Team USA's fragility inside. Nobody's ever denied that. Still doesn't mean they can't give the Dream Team a legit series. What's annoying is those who pretend it wouldn't even be close based on the competitiveness of some of these Olympic games, not realizing how the competition today is far superior to what it was in '92.

WTF drugs are you smoking?

I'd take '92 Croatia or '92 Lithuania teams any day over the crap teams at this tournament.

You NBA only fans are a mother****ing joke.

TMacMagic
08-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Euroleauge is speaking the truth.

sixer6ad
08-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Thugs? What they represent? Thoughts of entitlement? :oldlol:

He LEFT. Get the **** over it already.

You can f-ing have him and them. Jordan, bird, magic and every other player in that team would have beaten the --it ou of this group and then rubbed it in only through a firm handshake and a smile afterwards. None of them were media whores just dying for everyone to know what they were or weren't going to do every second of the day. None of them acted like everyone's world revolves around what they did. They were basketball players - period. So many on this current squad play the game as something secondary in their lives. Where they are going to play, how many people pay attention to them, and shit like that ruins it for those of us who simply want to watch.

Dying for old school.

kentatm
08-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Patrick Ewing, Barkley, Admiral and Malone would have a field day against this team. However the team is constructed because of FIBA style. If USA is constructed to play agains the Dream Team, they would have guys like Howard Bynum, Garnett and Duncan.

No they wouldn't.

Garnett and Duncan are whiny babies who refused to play for their country.

Duncan b/c he didn't like the way fouls were called in FIBA ball and Garnett b/c of some BS security concerns.

You don't get to choose guys that wouldn't be playing.

liquidrage
08-04-2012, 02:32 PM
The 2012 would beat the 92 team if the game was played with a time machine.

The players are better now. Especially defensively.
And the foreign teams are much better now than anything the dream team played.

However, the 92 as far as historical rankings and compared to their peers was much better.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:35 PM

However, the 92 as far as historical rankings and compared to their peers was much better.

You are a moron.

Rooster
08-04-2012, 02:37 PM
No they wouldn't.

Garnett and Duncan are whiny babies who refused to play for their country.

Duncan b/c he didn't like the way fouls were called in FIBA ball and Garnett b/c of some BS security concerns.

You don't get to choose guys that wouldn't be playing.

Can you read between the lines. I said if they construct a team that would play solely against the Dream Team, we would see guys like Duncan and Garnett on the team because there is no way guys like Love and Melo can guard Barkley down low.

FreezingTsmoove
08-04-2012, 02:40 PM
People forget that the competition is faaaaarrrrrr more better than when the dream team played

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:42 PM
People forget that the competition is faaaaarrrrrr more better than when the dream team played

No it's not. '92 Croatia and '92 Lithuania were better than any international team at this tournament.

Anyone saying otherwise is about 10 years old.

FreezingTsmoove
08-04-2012, 02:49 PM
No it's not. '92 Croatia and '92 Lithuania were better than any international team at this tournament.

Nah this team had top 5 pick Jonas Valacunas, I watched back then and it was a weak era for Euro ball.

KingBeasley08
08-04-2012, 02:51 PM

92 Croatia and 92 Lituania were better than 2012 Greece, thats for sure :oldlol:

Smoke117
08-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Can you read between the lines. I said if they construct a team that would play solely against the Dream Team, we would see guys like Duncan and Garnett on the team because there is no way guys like Love and Melo can guard Barkley down low.

1. Duncan isn't stopping shit. He's way too slow now to have a chance to guard a 29 yr old Barkley.

2. I highly doubt that Garnett would fair much better as he would just be plain over powered by Barkley even if he found it in him to give what he gave in this years playoffs.

FreezingTsmoove
08-04-2012, 02:54 PM

And Sabonis would get locked down by Tyson Chandler. He dominated a weak era of euros don't try to deny it

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Nah this team had top 5 pick Jonas Valacunas, I watched back then and it was a weak era for Euro ball.

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :rolleyes: :facepalm :facepalm

Zedja
08-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Euroleague fagging it up again like usual! Butthurt Greece wouldn't even compare to the bench of the 2012 team :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:56 PM
And Sabonis would get locked down by Tyson Chandler. He dominated a weak era of euros don't try to deny it

You are the biggest troll in the history of this forum.

Euroleague
08-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Euroleague fagging it up again like usual! Butthurt Greece wouldn't even compare to the bench of the 2012 team :roll: :roll: :roll:

This summer

Greece 82 - Lithuania 70

USA 99 - Lithuania 94

Greece beat the same team this summer by 7 more points.

Greece > USA

Noob Saibot
08-04-2012, 03:02 PM

nah the dream team really was that good. nearly every player started the game on the 92 Dream Team and their teamwork was off the charts. Since then every olympic team USA keeps starting the same guys over and over again and except a blowout every game but it doesnt work that way. Team USA 2012 should mix up the rotations at the start and not in the middle of the 1st quarter.

Remix
08-04-2012, 03:04 PM
fcuk

KingBeasley08
08-04-2012, 03:04 PM
This summer

Greece 82 - Lithuania 70

USA 99 - Lithuania 94

Greece > USA
Nigeria 80 - Greece 79

USA 156 - Nigeria 73

USA beat the same team by 83 points that Greece lost too.
USA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Greece

FreezingTsmoove
08-04-2012, 03:07 PM
You are the biggest troll in the history of this forum.

Sabonis averaged 12, 7 his entire NBA career and he was god in euroleague. Now if he faced Chandler and Anthony Davis DPOY of the years he would barely average 10

tmacattack33
08-04-2012, 03:09 PM
1992>1996>2008>2012

I was kinda confused as to why so many ppl were comparing this team to the 1992 team so much, when i don't remember that many people doing that in 2008.

The 2008 team was clearly better.

So im kinda glad that this team just got taken to the last 2 minutes by the GOAT L. Kleiza and Lithuania. Now everyone can shut up about this stupid argument that never should have been made anyway.

Zedja
08-04-2012, 03:12 PM
This summer

Greece 82 - Lithuania 70

USA 99 - Lithuania 94

Greece > USA
LOL your logic! It's so terrible like Span's 3 point % in the NBA!

dude77
08-04-2012, 03:22 PM

myth .. pure myth .. by making that argument, you completely shit on that 92 dream team and are saying that this team should kill them ..

you guys act like players from the 90s were slugs on the court something .. stupid .. you think jordan or magic or d robinson couldn't play in the nba today ?(rhetorical question) :hammerhead:

Smoke117
08-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Sabonis averaged 12, 7 his entire NBA career and he was god in euroleague. Now if he faced Chandler and Anthony Davis DPOY of the years he would barely average 10

That is bullshit. Bringing Sabonis NBA career into the equation when he didn't even start it till he was 31 with two ****ed up knees is idiotic. Even so he still averaged 16/10 at 33 with little to no athleticism left (he was very mobile in his youth) in 98. If he had actually come into the NBA when he was young and in the prime of his youth and career he would have been a perennial 20/10/3-4a/2b+ player.

liquidrage
08-04-2012, 04:33 PM
You are a moron.

Everyone knows you're a ****ing choadnozzle.

Basketball in Europe is far more popular and played by far more people then 20 years ago.

Spain has 6 NBA quality players on its roster. A few of which are all-star level players. That is more then the entire 92 non-US Oympic teams combined.

liquidrage
08-04-2012, 04:38 PM
myth .. pure myth .. by making that argument, you completely shit on that 92 dream team and are saying that this team should kill them ..

you guys act like players from the 90s were slugs on the court something .. stupid .. you think jordan or magic or d robinson couldn't play in the nba today ?(rhetorical question) :hammerhead:

Here's the best way to explain the way the games changed.

Magic Johnson was a Top 5 player of all time, or thereabouts. Right. Lebron James is everything Magic was but also 10x more athletic, plays 10x more above the rim and is 100x the defender Magic ever was.

If Magic was able to make Top 5ish all time status then Lebron is ranked -100 All-Time he's that much better.

He just is. Lebron shits all over Magic in every way possible. EXECPT in all time rankings because the eras are different.

Players are bigger, faster, stronger now. They train more. They practice more. They have access to technology and training aides and supplements that helps them out in ways that couldn't be imagined 20 or 30 years ago.

That's just the way it is. For basically every sport. Anyone missing that has their head up their anus.

Go watch some 80's BB and even some early 90's when D's picked up. The D was garbage. It's funny watching them the players were played much slower then even in the 80's where they shot jacked and had like 130 possessions a game with hardly a hand in the face of a single shot.

bmd
08-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Euroleague is obviously a troll. Even if he was biased towards European basketball... nobody can honestly believe the stupid shit he says.

b1imtf
08-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Nigeria 80 - Greece 79

USA 156 - Nigeria 73

USA beat the same team by 83 points that Greece lost too.
USA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Greece
****ing owned

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Dream Team definitely better. It's not even close.

alleykat
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
don't really like these kind of posts.....it's all just speculation because they are decades apart...

I think that the Dream Team have the bigs that the 2012 team doesn't, but it wouldn't surprise me if this 2012 team could take them. Different pace in the early 90's. It would also depend what year they are playing in, 2012 or 1992?

If you were there paying attention to those games, lot of the opinions on the Dream Team extended beyond just basketball, but also on their overall influence and impression worldwide. They looked and felt larger than life, and already had legendary basketball years attached to their names. This intimidation also influenced people's opinion on the Dream Team, and it influences people's opinion of them now as if they are an unstoppable force.

Interesting to see, and in all honesty the bigs on the Dream Team give them an advantage, but you can't discredit this 2012 team. They earned their place on the team just like anybody else who played for the US.

alleykat
08-04-2012, 05:53 PM
also if you are using the current close games between the 2012 team and their opponents as evidence that the Dream Team is better, than there is no merit to those arguments

Rooster
08-04-2012, 06:01 PM
1. Duncan isn't stopping shit. He's way too slow now to have a chance to guard a 29 yr old Barkley.

2. I highly doubt that Garnett would fair much better as he would just be plain over powered by Barkley even if he found it in him to give what he gave in this years playoffs.

I like the Duncan - Barkley matchup. You see things your way. You imagined Barkley as young pup in his prime, how about Duncan in his prime. We all try to argue hypothetically here.

FreezingTsmoove
08-04-2012, 06:03 PM
That is bullshit. Bringing Sabonis NBA career into the equation when he didn't even start it till he was 31 with two ****ed up knees is idiotic. Even so he still averaged 16/10 at 33 with little to no athleticism left (he was very mobile in his youth) in 98. If he had actually come into the NBA when he was young and in the prime of his youth and career he would have been a perennial 20/10/3-4a/2b+ player.

oh lord tell me more mr. what if :bowdown:

Rooster
08-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Basketball in Europe is far more popular and played by far more people then 20 years ago.

Spain has 6 NBA quality players on its roster. A few of which are all-star level players. That is more then the entire 92 non-US Oympic teams combined.

Spain has way better players than the entire 92 non-US Olympic players unless you believed on Sabonis myth and Petrovic is better than Jordan:coleman:

MisterAmazing
08-04-2012, 06:08 PM

This statement is 100% wrong.

RazorBaLade
08-04-2012, 06:13 PM
USA 80 - Brazil 69

USA 86 - Argentina 80

USA 99 - Lithuania 94

I doubt if the 2012 US team could even stay within 20 points of the '92 Dream Team.

im sure thered be no difference in effort

15yearmagicfan
08-04-2012, 06:17 PM
im sure thered be no difference in effort

He is a clueless idiot.. dont waste your time.

Smoke117
08-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I like the Duncan - Barkley matchup. You see things your way. You imagined Barkley as young pup in his prime, how about Duncan in his prime. We all try to argue hypothetically here.

We are talking about 92 vs 2012. What does Duncans prime have to do with anything?

Leviathon1121
08-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Here's the best way to explain the way the games changed.

Magic Johnson was a Top 5 player of all time, or thereabouts. Right. Lebron James is everything Magic was but also 10x more athletic, plays 10x more above the rim and is 100x the defender Magic ever was.

If Magic was able to make Top 5ish all time status then Lebron is ranked -100 All-Time he's that much better.

He just is. Lebron shits all over Magic in every way possible. EXECPT in all time rankings because the eras are different.

Players are bigger, faster, stronger now. They train more. They practice more. They have access to technology and training aides and supplements that helps them out in ways that couldn't be imagined 20 or 30 years ago.

That's just the way it is. For basically every sport. Anyone missing that has their head up their anus.

Go watch some 80's BB and even some early 90's when D's picked up. The D was garbage. It's funny watching them the players were played much slower then even in the 80's where they shot jacked and had like 130 possessions a game with hardly a hand in the face of a single shot.

No they are not. Why does this keep getting thrown around by people trying to pass it off as fact?

Why has the center position regressed to levels we haven't seen in 30 years?

According to you every team should have a Shaq, a Hakeem, a Robinson, and SG's like Jordan, Nique, etc. Hell, there is NOBODY in the NBA today that could do what spud webb could do at his height, nobody in today's NBA can dunk with the power and grace that Larry Nance could. You kids need to realize every era of the NBA had it's athletic freaks, and this one is actually lacking in them compared to others.

andgar923
08-04-2012, 08:53 PM
No they are not. Why does this keep getting thrown around by people trying to pass it off as fact?

According to you every team should have a Shaq, a Hakeem, a Robinson, and SG's like Jordan, Nique, etc. Hell, there is NOBODY in the NBA today that could do what spud webb could do at his height, nobody in today's NBA can dunk with the power and grace that Larry Nance could. You kids need to realize every era of the NBA had it's athletic freaks, and this one is actually lacking in them compared to others.

They assume that the exception is the norm.

kobron23
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
WTF drugs are you smoking?

I'd take '92 Croatia or '92 Lithuania teams any day over the crap teams at this tournament.

You NBA only fans are a mother****ing joke.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ginobili > spanouulie

PHILA
08-04-2012, 09:05 PM
regressed to levels we haven't seen in 30 years

30 years? At that time Moses, Parish, & KAJ at the end of his prime were active.

'92 Dream Team.

'96 as well. :applause:

liquidrage
08-04-2012, 09:13 PM

What? Seriously, learn to make a point without going off on some non-related tangent.

The role of the big men have changed a lot in the NBA. 4's and 5's have, notoriously, taken their game outside for the most part. And teams no longer look to throw the ball into the post.

What the flying hell does that have to do with the "bigger faster stronger" you bolded? Nothing, that's what. That's a change in the game.

Who the hell back then was a 6'10" 3 with the skills of a 2 and a deadly outside shot like Durant? No one.

Like I said, Lebron shits on Magic in every possible way. Magic, deservedly so, ranks ahead of Lebron right now on all-time ranks. But that doesn't mean Lebron isn't better then Magic in just about every way. And the only spot Magic might have a slight edge (and I don't believe it's an edge at all, players today on a regular basis do all the crap Magic did that made him special), passing, it's only slight. Where as everything else Lebron completely shits on Magic.

The game has changed. It's less inside now and more outside and driving, less post up. That's a change. The players themselves are better and defenses far better than what they used to be.

BankShot
08-04-2012, 09:15 PM

:applause:

andgar923
08-04-2012, 10:02 PM
What? Seriously, learn to make a point without going off on some non-related tangent.

The role of the big men have changed a lot in the NBA. 4's and 5's have, notoriously, taken their game outside for the most part. And teams no longer look to throw the ball into the post.

What the flying hell does that have to do with the "bigger faster stronger" you bolded? Nothing, that's what. That's a change in the game.

Who the hell back then was a 6'10" 3 with the skills of a 2 and a deadly outside shot like Durant? No one.

Like I said, Lebron shits on Magic in every possible way. Magic, deservedly so, ranks ahead of Lebron right now on all-time ranks. But that doesn't mean Lebron isn't better then Magic in just about every way. And the only spot Magic might have a slight edge (and I don't believe it's an edge at all, players today on a regular basis do all the crap Magic did that made him special), passing, it's only slight. Where as everything else Lebron completely shits on Magic.

The game has changed. It's less inside now and more outside and driving, less post up. That's a change. The players themselves are better and defenses far better than what they used to be.

the game has changed, although it's arguable that for the better. And players have not become "far better", and most will even say that they've become worse to some extent.

And to this line... "Like I said, Lebron shits on Magic in every possible way" pure ignorance, basically laughable.

Nevaeh
08-04-2012, 10:05 PM
You can f-ing have him and them. Jordan, bird, magic and every other player in that team would have beaten the --it ou of this group and then rubbed it in only through a firm handshake and a smile afterwards. None of them were media whores just dying for everyone to know what they were or weren't going to do every second of the day. None of them acted like everyone's world revolves around what they did. They were basketball players - period. So many on this current squad play the game as something secondary in their lives. Where they are going to play, how many people pay attention to them, and shit like that ruins it for those of us who simply want to watch.

Dying for old school.

I remember reading a recent thread where Jordan's facebook page (fan-made) received over 20 million "likes", yet Jordan doesn't even post a damn thing on it.
http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

Here it is :
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273323

Thanks Scandisk

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 01:03 AM
the game has changed, although it's arguable that for the better. And players have not become "far better", and most will even say that they've become worse to some extent.

And to this line... "Like I said, Lebron shits on Magic in every possible way" pure ignorance, basically laughable.

No, it's not. Magic is an all-time great and is ranked higher on the all-time lists for good reason. But what does he do better than Lebron? Maybe pass? I don't agree but that's the only thing even debatable. Lebron is Magic with a ton more athleticism, speed, everything. And he shoots better from the outside.

The NBA took a scoring dive with the Pistons and Bulls really changing the way the game was played as teams copied the defensive styles. Showtime, the Celtics and other teams gave way to the style of play that became Knicks - Heat of the 90's. I kinda agree the changes are for the worse. But that doesn't mean the players are. The players are better, the NBA just has a Golden era the culminated with the Dream Team and we hold those from that era in the utmost regard because the changed the popularity of the league.

WadeBronDonJuan
08-05-2012, 02:11 AM

Dying for old school.

When are you nostalgic dummies going to realize that it is a DIFFERENT TIME now then it was back then.

We have social media, smartphones, laptops and tablets EVERYWHERE. If any celebrity or athlete makes a mistake outside of their house, its all over the news.

You think all of those athletes back in the day weren't egotistical maniacs? Think again, dumb dumb.

They were all just lucky that negative press was nothing like it is today.

And it's pretty obvious that Olympic competition has gotten much better. Basketball was not very popular outside of the U.S. in 92'. Spout off all the stupid crap you want, but everything i've said is true.

WadeBronDonJuan
08-05-2012, 02:15 AM

We are talking about teams in OTHER COUNTRIES being better considering the overwhelming FACT that basketball's popularity in other countries in 92' was terrible.

More people play basketball today internationally, by far.

More people = More talent. It's not rocket science.

kentatm
08-05-2012, 02:23 AM

Even IF I gave you old ass Duncan and KG, they would still get thumped by DRob and Ewing.

At their very best the only thing they would do is turn it from a 25 point blowout to a more respectable 15 point loss.

You don't get to pick guys like Howard or Bosh b/c they are hurt. We are talking about THIS YEARS Olympic team which means you ONLY get to pick from players that Team USA had to choose from.

again, KG and Duncan never committed to the 3 year commitment to play thus they would NOT be available for the 2012 team to battle Dream Team.

Now if you are getting pick from EVERY current player, US and foreign born, injured or not? Then yea, you could field a team that could ball with them.

But as Team USA basketball is currently run, you don't get to take KG or Duncan b/c they refuse to participate, you don't get injured studs like Dwight or Bosh, and you don't get the bigs needed to have a legit shot at winning games vs Dream Team.

miles berg
08-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Dream Team would destroy these guys.

Destroy them.

andgar923
08-05-2012, 03:31 AM
No, it's not. Magic is an all-time great and is ranked higher on the all-time lists for good reason. But what does he do better than Lebron? Maybe pass? I don't agree but that's the only thing even debatable. Lebron is Magic with a ton more athleticism, speed, everything. And he shoots better from the outside.

The NBA took a scoring dive with the Pistons and Bulls really changing the way the game was played as teams copied the defensive styles. Showtime, the Celtics and other teams gave way to the style of play that became Knicks - Heat of the 90's. I kinda agree the changes are for the worse. But that doesn't mean the players are. The players are better, the NBA just has a Golden era the culminated with the Dream Team and we hold those from that era in the utmost regard because the changed the popularity of the league.
Stopped reading there.

No need to waste my time.

Teanett
08-05-2012, 04:29 AM
what does lebron do better than magic except dunking???
what does lebron, apart from being the better athlete do better than bird???

Euroleague
08-05-2012, 04:41 AM

You are a RETARD.

Euroleague
08-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Euroleague is obviously a troll. Even if he was biased towards European basketball... nobody can honestly believe the stupid shit he says.

95% of the Europeans at a European basketball forum will say '92 Croatia and '92 Lithuania are better than any international team at this tournament.

You are just an extremely stupid and incredibly ignorant jackass.

Euroleague
08-05-2012, 04:44 AM
Spain has way better players than the entire 92 non-US Olympic players unless you believed on Sabonis myth and Petrovic is better than Jordan:coleman:

You are obviously about 8 years old.

Euroleague
08-05-2012, 04:47 AM
We are talking about teams in OTHER COUNTRIES being better considering the overwhelming FACT that basketball's popularity in other countries in 92' was terrible.

More people play basketball today internationally, by far.

More people = More talent. It's not rocket science.

BULLSHIT AND FALSE

'92 Croatia and '92 Lithuania were way better than 2012 Lithuania is.

andgar923
08-05-2012, 04:51 AM
BULLSHIT AND FALSE

'92 Croatia and '92 Lithuania were ay better than 2012 Lithuania is.

Not only were they better, them dudes were TOUGH.

Those cats grew up with war and poverty around them, they had no choice but to be tough. It aint like they were Gasol soft.

If Dirk grew up around the same time those players did, he'd be a different player. He'd be a tough mufuHka banging in the inside, dunking on people and have balls of steel.

madmax
08-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Basketball was a joke up untill the late 90's - FACT.
International game had pedestrian pace with mammoth superslow centers in the paint, slowing the game down to the halt. No wonder that 1992 team looked good against non-athletic unprepared international players - basketball in Europe was still played like it was a recreational league, consisting of 50 years old veterans. It's easy to look like gods against such competition...

BoutPractice
08-05-2012, 04:55 AM
The top international talent in 92 was indeed formidable, but the overall level of competition was better in the mid 00s (coupled with weaker US teams). Now it seems to have decreased a bit.

The '11 Spanish roster, though, has to be one of the deepest and most talented international rosters of all time along with 92 Croatia... Too bad they're missing Rubio for '12.

sekachu
08-05-2012, 06:10 AM

What a fantastic thinking of you :lol

You would probably say kobe is easily shit on Jason kidd or ray allen if you dont ever see them played as well :lol

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 07:52 AM
What a fantastic thinking of you :lol

You would probably say kobe is easily shit on Jason kidd or ray allen if you dont ever see them played as well :lol

huh?

good Engrish

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Stopped reading there.

No need to waste my time.

Your problem then. The passing the Magic bought to the game, and really took to a new level at the time and defined him in many ways, is common place today.

Lebron is every bit the passer Magic was. Technically much more capable. However, since I'm not a moron and able to compare things properly, compared to his peers Magic was a better passer then Lebron.

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 08:01 AM
BULLSHIT AND FALSE

'92 Croatia and '92 Lithuania were ay better than 2012 Lithuania is.

LOL. Yeah in historical rankings. The players sucked though.

Sakkreth
08-05-2012, 08:06 AM
LOL. Yeah in historical rankings. The players sucked though.

This is ban worthy.

tobethdope
08-05-2012, 09:21 AM
this too, lol

Lebron shits all over Magic in every way possible.

hilarious

Euroleague
08-05-2012, 09:41 AM
The top international talent in 92 was indeed formidable, but the overall level of competition was better in the mid 00s (coupled with weaker US teams). Now it seems to have decreased a bit.

The '11 Spanish roster, though, has to be one of the deepest and most talented international rosters of all time along with 92 Croatia... Too bad they're missing Rubio for '12.

2006, 2008 era Spain would destroy the 2011 Spanish team.

Some of you guys are freaking crazy.

Euroleague
08-05-2012, 09:42 AM
This is ban worthy.

liquidrage is clearly about 10 years old.

Euroleague
08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Basketball was a joke up untill the late 90's - FACT.
International game had pedestrian pace with mammoth superslow centers in the paint, slowing the game down to the halt. No wonder that 1992 team looked good against non-athletic unprepared international players - basketball in Europe was still played like it was a recreational league, consisting of 50 years old veterans. It's easy to look like gods against such competition...

If you think 2012 Lithuania is as good as the late '80s to early '90s Yugoslavia, Greece, Soviet Union teams, then you are as nuts as the American NBA only fans.

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 10:24 AM
liquidrage is clearly about 10 years old.

38. And you're delusional because you have a presupposed bias against the NBA and pro European basketball. Everyone knows you're a clown.

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 10:25 AM
This is ban worthy.

Again, the number of players, the level of training, the level of preparation, and the level of competition has in basketball, just like most every other sport, risen with time.

Callystarr
08-05-2012, 10:30 AM

The teams now adays are better defensively?

I guess that explains why so many teams average over 100 points a game now...:rolleyes:

madmax
08-05-2012, 10:34 AM

I guess that explains why so many teams average over 100 points a game now...:rolleyes:

many more (if not all) teams averaged 100+ points in the 80's NBA...so what is it now - were the defenses non-existant or all players were just unstoppable scoring machines?

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Scoring was much higher in the early and mid 80's then it is now.
Starting the late 80's teams changed quite a bit and teams began to focus on defensive more so then in era's past. The NBA then opened up the rules a bit to encourage offense in the face of the defensive first systems and we've seen a slight rebound in scoring, but nothing close to what it once was.

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 10:51 AM
many more (if not all) teams averaged 100+ points in the 80's NBA...so what is it now - were the defenses non-existant or all players were just unstoppable scoring machines?

Every player in the 80's was the best ever. It's clear that even though more players play now, train more now, have more science behind their training and adjustments, have more physical ability, the 80's just magically had 234 of the top 254 players to ever play the game.

Either that, or people are just very nostalgic of the era :applause:

Callystarr
08-05-2012, 11:14 AM

SMH dumb as hell

Sabonis also joined the NBA at age 31
Analyst always wanted to know what that man could have been like if he would have been in the NBA in his prime! He was always injured..

Sabonis was a nightmare for any center, because he could shoot anywhere on the court and was a smart player. At age 33 averaging 16 points, 10 boards is NOTHING to be ashamed of....I loved watching him play when he was in the NBA.

SHAQisGOAT
08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o636/aaccee187/rsz_k.jpg

andgar923
08-05-2012, 01:06 PM
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o636/aaccee187/rsz_k.jpg

Why is Ewing not smiling?

ILLsmak
08-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I think 96 team would house the 92 team. How about that shit?

-Smak

sekachu
08-05-2012, 01:31 PM
huh?

good Engrish

I thought you could stil understand what I mean even reading my bad English, my bad overrated your comprehension

bmd
08-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I think the 2012 team is better than the Dream Team.

I don't think the 2012 team plays smart or has the basketball IQ of the Dream Team, but I think they make up for it in other areas.

The 2012 team isn't better relative to their competition...

but if you put the '92 Dream Team in a time machine and brought them straight to 2012 to play the 2012 team, then I think the 2012 team would beat the Dream Team more than the Dream Team would beat them.

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I thought you could stil understand what I mean even reading my bad English, my bad overrated your comprehension

No, there's a few potential meanings in what you wrote. It really isn't clear. If I had to guess you're somehow slighting Kobe, which I really don't care. He's overrated to some degree but a great player. Kobe certainly shits on Ray Allen and they played at the same time and the same position. Jason Kidd I consider a completely different type of player and probably closer in the rankings to Kobe then many others would have it, but would still have Kobe ahead.

Also, I saw plenty of Magic. **** I'm pushing 40 man, it's not easily firing up the brain to think back to 20 years ago, but it's there.

I think the Lebron to Magic comparisons are perfectly fair. And I really don't think Magic's any better of a passer. He played at a time where he revolutionized, to some degree, the game far more then Lebron did though.

alenleomessi
08-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I dont think they are better, but i do think it will be a close 7-game series
92' will probably still win, but not because of the bigs advantage, but because of MJ

liquidrage
08-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Drazen Petrovic was a nice player. He made 1 all-NBA 3rd team. His scoring avg dropped 10-13 points coming from Europe to the NBA. In the Olympics he was far and away their best player.

He's a slightly better offensive player compared to Luol Deng, for the time anyways. And a lesser defensive player.

Grats on Euro BB History being so outstanding.

Today there's dozens of foreign players that have been better and accomplished more then him.

Thoughts EuroLeague?

TonyD
08-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Dwight Howard
Dwyane Wade
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin

The 2012 team isn't even at full strength, they wouldn't even beat the 2008 team.

Kiddlovesnets
08-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I dont think anyone with a normal brain would label this year's team better than the dream team. Maybe the gap is much closer if they have Howard and Bynum as centers, and Bosh, Amare, Griffin at PF though. The only position this current team has an edge over the dream team is SF, and it may not be as dramatic as people envision. Also do not forget its laughable to compare a washed-up ex-super star SG to the prime GOAT SG.

tobethdope
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Drazen Petrovic was a nice player. He made 1 all-NBA 3rd team. His scoring avg dropped 10-13 points coming from Europe to the NBA. In the Olympics he was far and away their best player.

He's a slightly better offensive player compared to Luol Deng, for the time anyways. And a lesser defensive player.

first u claim lebron shits on magic and now u r comparing petrovic to deng:facepalm

u r losing all your cred here if there ever was some, u really have no clue at all

claiming 2012 team wud beat the dream team is a (silly) opinion everyone is entitled to, but this is just laughable