NumberSix
08-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Who you got?

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-04-2012, 05:34 PM
:facepalm

Rubio2Gasol
08-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Pekovic all day long, seriously, this guy gets more minutes, more touches he will a top 5 center in this league without even a shadow of a doubt.

Love steals his rebounds and for some idiotic reason they try to post him up more but Pekovic can genuinely be a better player than him.

DuMa
08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Ill take Crash until he cant crash no more

dunksby
08-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Pekovic does most things better, dude is a legit big man.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Pekovic does most things better, dude is a legit big man.

WTF??? Gerald Wallace has been one of the most well rounded, complete players in the game for years. Does everything better if you mean just rebounding sure. Wallace is a fantastic rebounder and defender and a good scorer and passer. Ben Wallace, Gerald Wallace and Josh Smith are the only players this decade to average both 2+ blocks and 2+ steals last I checked which is amazing.

dunksby
08-04-2012, 05:59 PM
WTF??? Gerald Wallace has been one of the most well rounded, complete players in the game for years. Does everything better if you mean just rebounding sure. Wallace is a fantastic rebounder and defender and a good scorer and passer. Ben Wallace, Gerald Wallace and Josh Smith are the only players this decade to average both 2+ blocks and 2+ steals last I checked which is amazing.
And Pekovic has been in the league for a limited time but he has been great, have you watched Wallace play the past couple of years? Did you watch Pekovic last season? Wallace has not been great for a long time now, it aint 06 anymore.

Rubio2Gasol
08-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4rJ_907q9g

Now watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUNCgTVql4&feature=player_embedded

Now watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=792EEaiWQG0

Look at what he did in Europe.

I watch every Wolves game, I've seen Bynum say "thank god they took Pekovic out" because was slaughtering him.

Im not really suprised by his recent big outputs. Everyone who saw him in europe knew he has that kind of offensive potential because he can push most opponents around and has a very nice post game.

Defensively, he is not a good fit next to love, though which is why it still makes sense for the wolves to acquire a C by trade or start darko against some matchups. The first year was more a problem of adjusting to nba rules and rambis was using him as a fill in big instead of using Peks low post game in our favor.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:06 PM
And Pekovic has been in the league for a limited time but he has been great, have you watched Wallace play the past couple of years? Did you watch Pekovic last season? Wallace has not been great for a long time now, it aint 06 anymore.

Even last year with his struggles and being on two different teams having to adjust he still was better than Pekovic. 14 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.8 apg is still very good for a 3rd option SF who plays superb defense.

brandonislegend
08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Can't believe I am saying this but if he is healthy I would take Nikola, the dude is a bruiser bully.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4rJ_907q9g

Now watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUNCgTVql4&feature=player_embedded

Now watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=792EEaiWQG0

Look at what he did in Europe.

I watch every Wolves game, I've seen Bynum say "thank god they took Pekovic out" because was slaughtering him.

Im not really suprised by his recent big outputs. Everyone who saw him in europe knew he has that kind of offensive potential because he can push most opponents around and has a very nice post game.

Defensively, he is not a good fit next to love, though which is why it still makes sense for the wolves to acquire a C by trade or start darko against some matchups. The first year was more a problem of adjusting to nba rules and rambis was using him as a fill in big instead of using Peks low post game in our favor.

Watch this. This is a defense first, 3rd scoring option SF going up against a good defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhKee1Ge6k

It's not rare that this guy flirts with a triple double to go with a few blocks and steals.

brandonislegend
08-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I remember last season Nikola seemed like he was getting 20/12 for like 10 games straight I was playing him in fantasy and was so pissed off rofl.

Rubio2Gasol
08-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Dude averages 3 assists a game mate, don't tell me he flirts with a triple double.

I love Crash, but I'm taking Pek if you give me the option, you can find players like Cash, you can;t find players like Pek.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I remember last season Nikola seemed like he was getting 20/12 for like 10 games straight I was playing him in fantasy and was so pissed off rofl.

It's easy to bang in the paint when your PF usually spends his time on the perimeter. Love spends most of his time on offense outside of the paint and that obviously opens up a lot for Pekovic and makes it easy to thrive since Love draws the defender out. Dude is a very nice, young player with good upside but Gerald Wallace averaged as many rebounds per game as this center and bruiser as you called him despite being a SF. Pekovic is also a very poor passer. I've never seen a talented euro big average well under 1 assist per game in 27 minutes.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Dude averages 3 assists a game mate, don't tell me he flirts with a triple double.

I love Crash, but I'm taking Pek if you give me the option, you can find players like Cash, you can;t find players like Pek.

Tell me just one other SF in NBA history that averaged 2 blocks and 2 steals? Not even Pippen came remotely close to doing it. Gerald Wallace is far more rare as a specimen than Pekovic. You're hyping up Pekovic to be something he's not here. He's a bruising, physical center who can do a bit of everything besides pass. Nothing rare about that. A SF who can average 14 ppg, 8 rpg, 3 apg and 1.5+ spg not to mention a 2 block season? EXTREMELY rare.

blacknapalm
08-04-2012, 06:19 PM
pekovic. walllace is one of the most overrated defenders in the whole league

FireDavidKahn
08-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Nikola is a beast. Assuming he is healthy and recovered from offseason bone spur surgery he will be talked about as a top 5 center by the end of the year. Pekovic is a master at running the pick and roll and according to synergy stats he was the 4th best person in the league in those situation. Aside from pick and roll he excels at getting deep position right underneath the hoops and sealing defenders off.

Pek is legit.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:23 PM
pekovic. walllace is one of the most overrated defenders in the whole league

If by overrated you mean one of the top 15 most complete defenders of all time sure. Very few people have been as good as Wallace with BOTH on the ball and off the ball defense. His ability to defend his man AND play the passing lanes for steals... or go weak side for blocks is UNDERRATED clearly, not overrated.

SilkkTheShocker
08-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Pekovic

Rubio2Gasol
08-04-2012, 06:26 PM
You are talking like this is 2006

StateOfMind12
Weird comparison but I would take Pekovic right now and definitely for the future.

Pekovic is an underrated player and is a monster on offense from all the games I've seen from him.

Wallace is injury prone, an overrated defender, and is a mediocre jump shooter.

blacknapalm
If by overrated you mean one of the top 15 most complete defenders of all time sure. Very few people have been as good as Wallace with BOTH on the ball and off the ball defense. His ability to defend his man AND play the passing lanes for steals... or go weak side for blocks is UNDERRATED clearly, not overrated.

no, he has a couple splash plays each game and people overrate him as some great defender. his positional and team awareness is lacking. he's not good at guarding the PNR and he frequently closes out poorly/lazily. his man to man D is greatly overrated. he and josh smith are both overrated defenders. then again, i'm arguing with a guy that thought ibaka should have been DPOY

brandonislegend
08-04-2012, 06:28 PM
It's easy to bang in the paint when your PF usually spends his time on the perimeter. Love spends most of his time on offense outside of the paint and that obviously opens up a lot for Pekovic and makes it easy to thrive since Love draws the defender out. Dude is a very nice, young player with good upside but Gerald Wallace averaged as many rebounds per game as this center and bruiser as you called him despite being a SF. Pekovic is also a very poor passer. I've never seen a talented euro big average well under 1 assist per game in 27 minutes.

What is your argument? He is a center of course hes going to bang in the paint.

brandonislegend
08-04-2012, 06:29 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:29 PM
no, he has a couple splash plays each game and people overrate him as some great defender. his positional and team awareness is lacking. he's not good at guarding the PNR and he frequently closes out poorly/lazily. he and josh smith are both overrated defenders. then again, i'm arguing with a guy that thought ibaka should have been DPOY

Yes because Ibaka doesn't at least deserve a mention :facepalm . I don't think you've watched enough non Lakers basketball so you shouldn't be posting about other players. Gerald Wallace has been severely underrated his entire career so to throw the overrated title on him so carelessly is ignorant.

Jack of all trades type player who doesn't get recognition because he doesn't score a lot. I never said he doesn't have lapses, all great defenders do. That being said he's still one of the most COMPLETE defenders ever.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:30 PM
What is your argument? He is a center of course hes going to bang in the paint.

My argument is the fact that Gerald's skillset is SIGNIFICANTLY more rare than Pekovic's which is the opposite of what the other poster said.

StateOfMind12
08-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Nikola Pekovic was #1 in offensive rebound percentage last season with 15.8%.

He averaged 3.9 offensive rebounds per game last season despite playing only 26.9 minutes per game.

It makes it even more impressive that he is playing with Kevin Love and battling with Love for those rebounds.

It looks like the stats back it up.

I remember watching Pek last season and he was just destroying front-courts on the boards. T'Wolves probably have the best rebounding front-court in the league.

Rubio2Gasol
08-04-2012, 06:33 PM
By the way kid, Wallace average more than 2 blocks for all of 1 year in his entire career.

The next closest he ever came to that was 1.3.

Marion consistently got you 1.5-2.3 in either in both year in year out.

blacknapalm
08-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes because Ibaka doesn't at least deserve a mention :facepalm . I don't think you've watched enough non Lakers basketball so you shouldn't be posting about other players. Gerald Wallace has been severely underrated his entire career so to throw the overrated title on him so carelessly is ignorant.

Jack of all trades type player who doesn't get recognition because he doesn't score a lot. I never said he doesn't have lapses, all great defenders do. That being said he's still one of the most COMPLETE defenders ever.

i didn't say he wasn't a good defender over his career. we're talking about right now. the last time i thought he was a consistently good defender was 08-09. he's a versatile defender and crashes the defensive boards hard. that said, people like you still tend to overrate him as some shutdown defender. i would take thabo over wallace as he seems to have a better focus.

i'm willing to bet i watch more non-lakers ball than you watch non-clippers ball

swi7ch
08-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Peko. An excellent big man is hard to find.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:50 PM
By the way kid, Wallace average more than 2 blocks for all of 1 year in his entire career.

The next closest he ever came to that was 1.3.

Marion consistently got you 1.5-2.3 in either in both year in year out.

Which is why I said the player he compares to most is Marion :confusedshrug: . Joke is on you.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Nikola Pekovic was #1 in offensive rebound percentage last season with 15.8%.

He averaged 3.9 offensive rebounds per game last season despite playing only 26.9 minutes per game.

It makes it even more impressive that he is playing with Kevin Love and battling with Love for those rebounds.

It looks like the stats back it up.

I remember watching Pek last season and he was just destroying front-courts on the boards. T'Wolves probably have the best rebounding front-court in the league.

Nikola is a freaking beast no question. I've just always been a huge fan of Wallace's game and people seem to forget how good of an all around player he is. Nikola impressed the hell out of me last year though.

NumberSix
08-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Gerald Wallace is one of my favorite players of all time, but right now and for the future I'd have to go with Pekovic.

Haymaker
08-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I'll take Crash, but I'm biased. he's my favorite SF in the league. Pekovic is no joke.

StroShow4
08-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Pekovic is four years younger, so he has that working in his favor. Give me the bulldozer. :pimp:

FireDavidKahn
08-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Pekovic is four years younger, so he has that working in his favor. Give me the bulldozer. :pimp:
Balkan Bulldozer*

knickballer
08-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Pekovic for sure. He's a great low post scoring big and will probably be a top 5 center next season averaging around 16/8

B-Easy8
08-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Pek is far superior. Before he got injured he won every matchup he had for about a 20 game stretch with the exception of Bynum which I thought was an equal matchup. Crash is good but Pek is a beast. Plus I would rather have a good C than a good SF everyday of the week.

JaggerCommaMick
08-04-2012, 11:37 PM

Mate it seems that you post about basketball the most, and know about basketball the least.

Higher Meaning
08-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Pekovic

stallionaire
08-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Pek and it's not even close.

spiegel
08-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Pekovich

jdm_dc_fan
08-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Mate it seems that you post about basketball the most, and know about basketball the least.
HAhaHA funniest post in long time.

Pek

noosaman
08-05-2012, 02:16 AM
I'd rather have Pekovic.

Plus he's handsome.

kentatm
08-05-2012, 02:28 AM

:biggums:

no, just no.

he isn't even the best over the hill defensive SF in the NBA right now.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/737001/MARIONBEAT.gif.pagespeed.ce.OV2bxjYXuv.gif

ClutchOver9000
08-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Pekovic easily. Crash hasnt been Crash for a while now...

Clippersfan86
08-05-2012, 03:17 AM
:biggums:

no, just no.

he isn't even the best over the hill defensive SF in the NBA right now.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/737001/MARIONBEAT.gif.pagespeed.ce.OV2bxjYXuv.gif

Is that picture supposed to be Grant Hill? The guy who got 5 DPOY votes last year.

chazzy
08-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Is that picture supposed to be Grant Hill? The guy who got 5 DPOY votes last year.
Marion is the one who got 5 votes

LiLharvard
08-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Watch this. This is a defense first, 3rd scoring option SF going up against a good defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhKee1Ge6k

It's not rare that this guy flirts with a triple double to go with a few blocks and steals.
Could only watch about 50seconds of that clip. Horrible defence, didn't see anything spectacular from Gerald. He's just a tough defender and even the jury is out on that .. I don't think he's anything special that's why everyone trades his ass.
PEKOVIC is a diamond in the rough: Tough big man with skills.

alenleomessi
08-05-2012, 07:58 AM
pek the bully

B-Easy8
08-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Could only watch about 50seconds of that clip. Horrible defence, didn't see anything spectacular from Gerald. He's just a tough defender and even the jury is out on that .. I don't think he's anything special that's why everyone trades his ass.
PEKOVIC is a dime-a-dozen: Tough big man with skills.

Dime-a-dozen means commonplace or worthless so he would be the opposite of that. Possibly a diamond in the rough since he was Darko's backup at the start of the year.

kurple
08-05-2012, 09:24 AM
wtf, did grant hill get any dpoy votes??

marion is a way better defender at this point

Silenttristo
08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.solobasket.com/fotos/28351_10.jpg

Pants, bro.

dunksby
08-05-2012, 09:45 AM
wtf, did grant hill get any dpoy votes??

marion is a way better defender at this point
CF86 does not even watch the Clippers games, he goes ghost hunting instead, all he does is look at boxscores and stats.

LiLharvard
08-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Dime-a-dozen means commonplace or worthless so he would be the opposite of that. Possibly a diamond in the rough since he was Darko's backup at the start of the year.

Sending an express REP package to your address. Civilised people get rewarded folks take a leaf

Owl
08-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Right now it's Pekovic no question.

Gerald at his apex was a very special stat sheet stuffer, albeit others were doing similar numbers more consistently and with better offense: Kirilenko and Marion, Josh Smith too though he became a full time big and has tamed his numbers slightly but probably became a better player for doing so.

Cali Syndicate
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Both solid players at their positions but gotta go with Pek here. Hard to find a quality big these days.

hawksdogsbraves
08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Definitely Pek, if we're talking primes then yeah probably Wallace, but ole Crash is well past his prime and lost a lot of steam.

Wing players whose game relies nearly 100% on athleticism usually fade pretty fast. The Nets are really going to regret that deal in a year or so.