PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong with Kobe

BrickingStar
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
He's bricking enough shots to build a bride for Euroleague hopefully this thread jinxs the shit out of him and shoots 45% again because this is horrible :facepalm

Heavincent
08-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Overreaction.

Noob Saibot
08-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Its called getting old.

Jacks3
08-06-2012, 06:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with him. He's been playing like a selfish moron for more than a year.

I've never seen a star with worse shot-selection.

White Mamba
08-06-2012, 06:10 PM
nothing is wrong, he missed some easy looks.

BrickingStar
08-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Overreaction.
I'm talking about the entire olympic tournament he's playing like sanchez last season it's horrible :facepalm

Heavincent
08-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm talking about the entire olympic tournament he's playing like sanchez last season it's horrible :facepalm

Not even close to that bad.

EnoughSaid
08-06-2012, 06:12 PM
He's having trouble scoring. That's it. It's not like this team needs him to score anyways.

Soundwave
08-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Vanessa coming over to London has cramped his style and put a lock down on his "extracurricular" activities.

crisoner
I think age is coming up now.
Hope I'm wrong.

SpecialQue
Unlike other Laker fans, I really don't give a rat's ass about his performance during these games. Hell, if he only plays 3 minutes a game and bricks every shot, I'm fine, just so long as he doesn't get injured before the NBA season starts. I'd rather have him healthy in games that matter than get injured playing against mostly D-League teams.

NumberSix
There's nothing wrong with him. He's been playing like a selfish moron for more than a year.

Kobe hater. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Cangri
08-06-2012, 06:16 PM
He must be having fun every night @ the Olympic village's orgies.

Cowboy Thunder
08-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Unlike other Laker fans, I really don't give a rat's ass about his performance during these games. Hell, if he only plays 3 minutes a game and bricks every shot, I'm fine, just so long as he doesn't get injured before the NBA season starts. I'd rather have him healthy in games that matter than get injured playing against mostly D-League teams.
Dumbass

Gold medal MATTERS

NumberSix
08-06-2012, 06:18 PM
He must be having fun every night @ the Olympic village's orgies.
Slip dippin'

andgar923
Overreaction.
this.

FreezingTsmoove
Sanchez was ok last season he wasn't bad at all.

swag2011
08-06-2012, 06:20 PM
I am starting to think its either coach k offense or kobe just cant play with someone else dominating the ball. He's not really a 3 point shooter and he's been standing there alot. He also isnt used to not having the ball always. im not sure how its gunna work with steve nash if this is any indication of the upcoming season. But its most likely him just missing easy shots tonight

AlonzoGOAT
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Overreaction.
4/717 last 2 games dude is garbage and needs to get bench he needs to swallow his pride and start facilitating

Indian guy
08-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Your legs just aren't the same as you get older. Routine jumpers that you've made your whole career suddenly begin falling short. And Kobe exasperates that problem with poor shot selection.

He's just getting old, nothing more.

tmacattack33
08-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Damn, I only started watching in the third quarter, and Kobe has been terrible in it.

Now I see this thread and see that he was playing poorly in the first portions of the game too?

So why was he even still starting after half-time? Seriously. Somebody (last name starts with a K) needs some balls.

NOHCP3
08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Seen him look like that pre Germany miracle surgery... It happens. He's just having an off night.

Knoe Itawl
08-06-2012, 06:50 PM
There's nothing wrong with him. He's the same chucker he's always been that can get hot at times and needs a team around him that covers up his glaring flaws. The only people that don't see that are his dikkriders and casual fans.

DaSeba5

Nobody can ever be that bad.

fpliii
I don't buy into that 'changing of the guard' stuff either, but it seems like Miami winning the championship created a new prototype for teams in the NBA

there are no more true PGs or centers, every guy getting major minutes is a 6'3"-6'8" guy playing multiple positions, with amorphous lineups playing in crunch times

versatility, speed and overall athleticism seem to be king nowadays

idk man, it might be a new league :confusedshrug:

DaSeba5
08-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't buy into that 'changing of the guard' stuff either, but it seems like Miami winning the championship created a new prototype for teams in the NBA

there are no more true PGs or centers, every guy getting major minutes is a 6'3"-6'8" guy playing multiple positions, with amorphous lineups playing in crunch times

versatility, speed and overall athleticism seem to be king nowadays

idk man, it might be a new league :confusedshrug:

That's exactly what's happening. That's what Riley envisioned when he saw Bosh playing center in key minutes. With Allen, they'll have Wade playing PG and LeBron at PF.

tmacattack33
08-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Seen him look like that pre Germany miracle surgery... It happens. He's just having an off night.

If you're having an off night (another one by the way...i take it you didn't see the game on Saturday), and you are on the USA Olympic team with Durant, Lebron, and Paul, why are u still shooting and getting into one on battles with Scola?

DaSeba5
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
lol I'm a Heat fan (jumped on board in 04 after the Shaq trade, rep Wade now) so I guess I have no issue with this, but you have to admit this is weird as hell

I really don't mind, but it is weird.

Also, go Heat! :cheers: Fan since 98'

konex
I am starting to think its either coach k offense or kobe just cant play with someone else dominating the ball. He's not really a 3 point shooter and he's been standing there alot. He also isnt used to not having the ball always. im not sure how its gunna work with steve nash if this is any indication of the upcoming season. But its most likely him just missing easy shots tonight

This offense is too fast for him IMO and he's not a spot-up shooter.

It's not that he needs to have the ball. He needs to be involved in plays. He's not on this team unless it's a 3. They aren't running any offense. It's just junk ball and Kobe's current skillset is kind of useless here

LJJ
He's having trouble scoring. That's it. It's not like this team needs him to score anyways.

Scoring is all Kobe does. If you don't bring him for scoring might as well leave him in Cali and take Tony Allen.

AlonzoGOAT
08-06-2012, 06:56 PM

off night did you watch last game? started 4/17 as well

NOHCP3
08-06-2012, 06:56 PM
If you're having an off night (another one by the way...i take it you didn't see the game on Saturday), and you are on the USA Olympic team with Durant, Lebron, and Paul, why are still shooting and getting into one on battles with Scola?

Cus he's Kobe :lol & you're right about the Saturday game only one I've missed. At least Coach K sat him down.

NOHCP3
08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
off night did you watch last game? started 4/17 as well

Didn't see it:lol just was made aware but how many times have we seen Kobe shoot like that? Alot and trust me Im not a Kobe fan, just think its more of an off rhythm thing then something being wrong

fpliii
08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
I really don't mind, but it is weird.

Also, go Heat! :cheers: Fan since 98'

:cheers:

imnew09
08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
it's hard to play well when you have sex every night.

CasterL
08-06-2012, 07:08 PM
It was funny listening to John Amechi slay him all game long. Brutal. However I expect him to come good

PickernRoller
08-06-2012, 07:08 PM
This offense is too fast for him IMO and he's not a spot-up shooter.

It's not that he needs to have the ball. He needs to be involved in plays. He's not on this team unless it's a 3. They aren't running any offense. It's just junk ball and Kobe's current skillset is kind of useless here

Yep + I am sure training for these games which a player at his age needs a lot to stay competitive is very limited - among other things like distractions etc. Fact is the whole U.S team was a train-wreck at halftime. Even Lebron, although filling his stat sheet wasn't as he usually is. The bench played way better than the starters and the team had a solid defensive plan in the second half which sparked runs and turnovers among other things. The most important thing for Kobe is to stay away from injuries and walk away with a gold. What is wrong with Kobe? Nothing...missing shots he can usually make. When he doesn't make them it's a combination of things like been off, not righly focused as well as making poorly selected shots - there is not a single play that's made for him anyways. The offense is horrid. You can see other teams have an offensive gameplan going in, USA usually does not until half-time.

fpliii
08-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Yep+ I am sure training among other things for these games which a player at his age needs a lot to stay competitive is very limited. Fact is the whole U.S team was a train-wreck at halftime. Even Lebron, although filling his stat sheet wasn't as he usually is. The bench played way better than the starters and the team had a solid defensive plan in the second half which sparked runs and turnovers among other things. The most important thing for Kobe is to stay away from injuries and walk away with a gold.

is he getting the knee treatment again this summer?

PickernRoller
08-06-2012, 07:15 PM
is he getting the knee treatment again this summer?

Don't know...probably not unless he has nagging pain which hasn't hit the news. He's ok - overreacting to something not even Laker fans give a shit about. I do give a shit about the Lakers franchise player getting injured at the Olympics at age 33 with 15+ seasons under his legs. Not going for MVP honors at the olympics against Lebron or Durant is the least I care about.

alenleomessi
08-06-2012, 07:17 PM
too much sex?

DuMa
08-06-2012, 07:18 PM
he played like the same Kobe in 2011-2012? :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Nothing is wrong. He has always been an overrated shotjacker.

ihoopallday
08-06-2012, 07:21 PM
His offense has been suffering, but he's playing hard as **** on defense. I respect that.

Vertical-24
08-06-2012, 07:26 PM

Shot-Selection was a big issue this past season ('11 - '12) but as far as this game with Argentina, his shot selection actually wasn't too bad. Shots just weren't falling for him. He's had two bad shooting nights...that's true but prior to these past two games, he shot 52% from the field.

You guys need to give the guy a break...sheesh!

All we can really blame this on is him just having two off-games. All we can do is hope for him to recover from it and give us good production these upcoming elimination games.

swag2011
08-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Shot-Selection was a big issue this past season ('11 - '12) but as far as this game with Argentina, his shot selection actually wasn't too bad. Shots just weren't falling for him. He's had two bad shooting nights...that's true but prior to these past two games, he shot 52% from the field.

You guys need to give the guy a break...sheesh!

All we can really blame this on is him just having two off-games. All we can do is hope for him to recover from it and give us good production these upcoming elimination games.
Lol u know they blamed kobe entirely for lithuania shooting 60%.

PickernRoller
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Lol u know they blamed kobe entirely for lithuania shooting 60%.

:roll: :roll: :roll:...just wait for U.S.A to loose and you'll see some blame it on Kobe. Like prime Lebron and young Durant ain't enough.....:roll: :roll: Will be 04 all over again. Do you actually know it was because of Kobe than Bron and company got bronze? It's true...he shot the team out of the game without even being on the team....a game within a game inception like.

20Four
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:...just wait for U.S.A to loose and you'll see some blame it on Kobe. Like prime Lebron and young Durant ain't enough.....:roll: :roll: Will be 04 all over again. Do you actually know it was because of Kobe than Bron and company got bronze? It's true...he shot the team out of the game without even being on the team....a game within a game inception like.

what a dumb$hit

Heavincent
08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
There's nothing wrong with him. He's the same chucker he's always been that can get hot at times and needs a team around him that covers up his glaring flaws. The only people that don't see that are his dikkriders and casual fans.

Nothing is wrong. He has always been an overrated shotjacker.

Kobe haters...grasping at straws for over 10 years now :oldlol:

Pathetic. You guys should give up already.

LongLiveTheKing
08-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Kobe is 4-17 the last 2 games, I don't think anything is wrong, this is how he usually plays. :confusedshrug:

amfirst
08-06-2012, 07:56 PM
lol every time he attacks the basket they foul him before he can get started, so he never gets into the grove that eliminates the easy basket, the one that he miss are all hard shots. Plus, he doesn't dominate the ball like some of the other guys. At this point he is focusing on defense and letting the young guys make the big plays.

#number6ix#
08-06-2012, 09:29 PM
If Kobe stops head faking 1000 times every time he tries to score he wouldnt have to take crazy fade away contested shots

Jacks3
08-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Knoe. :oldlol:

Kobe 4 The Win
08-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Age is finally catching up with him it seems. His shot has been f**ked up for a year or two and it seems like it's getting worse. If he can't shoot better than 3 for 10 on the USA team then there is a problem.

He's still one of the best players in the league but he's not shooting like 2008 Kobe that's for sure. It's gonna take more than a 38 year old Steve Nash to get LA over the hump this year.

I'm hoping that Kobe will come out on fire in 2012-13 and prove me wrong but it doesn't look good.

tmacattack33
08-06-2012, 10:00 PM
lol every time he attacks the basket they foul him before he can get started, so he never gets into the grove that eliminates the easy basket, the one that he miss are all hard shots. Plus, he doesn't dominate the ball like some of the other guys. At this point he is focusing on defense and letting the young guys make the big plays.

Lol So he's just not trying offensively? If that is the case why is he shooting so much?lololol

BabyBull
08-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Its called father time.

People need to realize that players like Kobe and Dirk are an anomaly, usually at this stage of a players career they are cooked. So if they have bad stretched, don't harp on them like they're still in their primes, its unfair.

Vince Carter at 34 is the norm, Kobe at 34 is the exception.

You get what I'm saying ?

Heilige
08-06-2012, 10:07 PM

Who covered his flaws in 2006 and 2007 when Kobe was playing some of his best ball? :rolleyes:

Mach_3
08-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Vanessa coming over to London has cramped his style and put a lock down on his "extracurricular" activities.

White women give Kobe his powers :lol :lol :lol

lilgodfather1
08-06-2012, 10:19 PM
It could be age catching up to him. You know older players usually get worse when they get a few months of rest... Seriously he is having some off games guys no big deal.

chazzy
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM
this is how he always be, last week kobe couldn do widout me lolol chucking chokerbe

fjjkk102
08-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah he's old. But Kobe is still Kobe. He's shooting poorly back in 2008 Summer game, so it's NO big deal.
He'll be just FINE when he put on the Laker's jersey.

$LakerGold
08-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Its called getting old.
Idiot... you lose your athleticism when you age.

Did Jordan ever lose his Jay when he aged?

And don't even say HE'S NOT JORDAN.

TheeBeast
08-06-2012, 10:45 PM
I'd say he's taken a back seat and let the younger guys take the wheel, why would he waist his energy when he have 3 other solid options to score?

tmacattack33
08-06-2012, 10:48 PM
I'd say he's taken a back seat and let the younger guys take the wheel, why would he waist his energy when he have 3 other solid options to score?

Again, he's shooting the ball a lot so any of the "he isn't even trying" or "he's letting the young guys score" excuses don't work. Is that that hard to understand?

Or do you mean he is missing and turning the ball over on purpose so that Coach K can bench him and let the young guys get in the game and score?

TheeBeast
08-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Again, he's shooting the ball a lot so any of the "he isn't even trying" or "he's letting the young guys score" excuses don't work. Is that that hard to understand?

He just isn't in the right groove now , its that simple. Lack of focus and too much sex is killing his game :oldlol:

TMacMagic
08-06-2012, 10:59 PM
You don't need to be 25 with LeBron athleticism to make shots. Kobe has just been having some off nights. Stop hatin' :kobe:

JaggerCommaMick
08-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I think age is coming up now.
Hope I'm wrong.

US$ 27,849,000 (2012)
Kobe Bryant, Salary

Boy, mate, if they don't win a title in the next couple years, you have to think that money could have been better spent on perhaps a two player combination such as Ray Allen + Rudy Gay to team with Nash, Gasol, and Bynum.

Overpaidbe!
Washedupbe!

RazorBaLade
08-06-2012, 11:28 PM

Or do you mean he is missing and turning the ball over on purpose so that Coach K can bench him and let the young guys get in the game and score?

from the highlights ive seen he doesnt seem to be working very hard for shots. just takes whatever crazy shot he can with little effort

TheeBeast
08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Ray Allen + Rudy Gay

:biggums:

Did the offseason get to you too?

TheBigVeto
08-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Brickbe is in da house!
In fact, Brickbe built da house!