roffie
08-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Who would you take?

Rubio2Gasol
08-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Bradley easily.

Clippersfan86
08-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Tough call. If Shumpert wasn't coming off his injury though I'd take him because he can do what Bradley does but is much bigger for SG.

hawksdogsbraves
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Bradley

Rnbizzle
08-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Bradley seems to have a higher basketball IQ while I think Shumpert has more raw talent.

TMacMagic
Bradley.

Haymaker
Bradley is the better defender, Shump has a better IQ. I think Shumpert has a better upside.

Raz
08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Bradley is the better defender, Shump has a better IQ. I think Shumpert has a better upside.

I agree. Shump looked like Sprewell a lot

SilkkTheShocker
08-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Shumperts size may give him the edge here. But Bradley is probably the best pressure defender right now in the NBA

Thorpesaurous
08-07-2012, 12:15 PM
This is a really fair argument. Age isn't a factor. Both guys are legit perimeter stoppers. Both guys are jump shot limited. Both guys can and have been disguised as PGs a little bit, which is a nod to their ballhandling even though neither is a PG by any stretch. Both are coming off of injuries.

The differences. Shumpert is bigger, which makes him a more viable defender against some of the league's more valuable offensive players. Sure they're both coming off significant injuries, but I'd rather roll the dice with a guy coming off a shoulder rather than a knee given what their particular skill sets are. And in spite of neither being a strength, I'd say Bradley masquerades as a PG when need be a little better, and is probably a tad better shot maker.

Really tough call. I like both of them.

SilkkTheShocker
08-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Bradley easily.

Easily? this is legit a tough question imo.

Clippersfan86
08-07-2012, 12:34 PM
6'2 180 pounds vs 6'5 220 pounds is all you guys need to know. Iman guards PG's just fine but he can also easily match up with SG's and probably the occasional 3.

LT Ice Cream
08-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Shump, because he's big enough to guard some 3's in this league. I like both of them a lot though.

ncrizzle
08-07-2012, 12:37 PM
it depends on who you surround the player with. I like shumpert alot, but with his injury im gonna take bradley for right now

roffie
08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
sew many opinions. anyways, i'm pretty much on the same boat as everyone. both have ups and downs... but in the end they are really the same player. but as a celtic fan, i will always have a soft spot for avery.

Rubio2Gasol
08-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Bradley is a better spot up shooter ,smarter and just more fundamentally sound on offense than Shumpert is while being a equally good or better defender at 2 positions.

Also what I saw from Bradley for extended periods this years says to me he could be as good a better scorer.

DuMa
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
both are coming off major injuries. while Shump has the worse injury of the two, i have complete confidence in his ability to come back judging on his tweets on him having yet to miss a rehab schedule.

Snoop_Cat
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Actually a pretty fair question.

I'm a bit biased towards Shumpert because of his size and athleticism and me thinking that would correlate to him being a better/more versatile defender down the line.

On the other hand, Bradley's more consistent shooting would be more of what we need.

I'll stick with Shumpert though I wouldn't complain with either of them.

bluechox2
08-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Both are probably neck in neck but I'd have to go with Shumpert

Zackmorris
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
My bias picks Shump but this is a tough question. Can't go wrong with either one. While I think Shump is more capable of guarding 1-3 and is bigger, Bradley is more of a consistent shooter, pick his spots nicely, and better suited for playing some PG while also being a great defender.

Like both of them

Raz
08-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Like both of them

Imagine having both of them in the back court? Killer D.

Comparable to having Lisa/ Jessie and Kelly in bed together.

Zackmorris
08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Imagine having both of them in the back court? Killer D.

Comparable to having Lisa/ Jessie and Kelly in bed together.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqtgndNk4J1qgxx5q.gif

Raz
08-07-2012, 01:42 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqtgndNk4J1qgxx5q.gif

http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kelly-kapowski-waving.gif

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/2009/06/12/zachwink.gif

Donnybrook
08-07-2012, 01:59 PM
I see more consistency in Avery from an offensive standpoint, even with his size disadvantage. He makes great cuts and can hit that corner 3 like no one's business. His on-ball defense is outstanding, and even though he has a size disadvantage there as well...

<reference block from behind on dwade>

http://i42.tinypic.com/302qplz.gif

:no: Uh, uh, Mr. Dwayne Wade! :no:

Clutch
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Shumpert but I'm biased because he's one of my favorite Knicks.

If both healthy I would take Iman. But we need to wait how good he'll be after he comes back from an injury.

inclinerator
08-07-2012, 02:05 PM
shump has more potential

hawksdogsbraves
08-07-2012, 04:15 PM
shump has more potential

Oh I disagree

Bradley showed some flashes of a pretty damned good offensive game last season. Shump will never be much of a scorer.

I also think Bradley is the better defender, his pressure defense is already (imo) the best in the league.

kobron23
08-07-2012, 04:19 PM
ive got bradley because i dont trust the knicks front office will get the best out of shumpert. I see the knicks organization as one of those types that let the players do whatever they want in the locker room. punch fire extenguishers etc etc. I dont trust them at all with player development. who was the last player that flourished under the knicks organization?? jeremy lin.... and what happened??? sorry knicks fans it must hurt

CelticBaller
08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
shump has more potential
Hell no, Bradley is already a good defender and he has shown flashes of a good shooter/slasher. I'd pick bradley but you can't go wrong with shump since he's taller

Smoke117
08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Who knows, but a lot the other Celtic fans are overrating Bradley offensively. He'll never be anything but a role player offensively. A running partner with Rondo will be his best chance for getting points. I don't see all this potential that a lot others are blabbering on about.

Mr Exlax
08-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm going with Shumpert. He's got the size and size is king. I'm unbiased. because I don't care about the Knicks and I hate the Celtics and wouldn't give any Celtic any kind of credit even if they deserved it.....oh wait. Just ignore that last part.

kNIOKAS
08-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow people saying Shumpert has better IQ. I saw him blow layups, I saw him flying without sense all over the court, and then I saw Bradley cutting without the ball and playing off his teammates, in the flow of offense (which is rare nowdays). I think Bradley is the smarter player, has better work ethic, and jeez, he's on a legit organisation getting experience, while Shumpert wasting his young days learning from likes of Earl Smith and Anthonies.

I say it's Bradley, fairly easy.

ProfessorMurder
08-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Games as a starter last year:

Bradley: 38 games

10.8 pts / 1.7 ast / 2.7 reb / 1 stl / .4 blk / 1.6 to / 2.3 fouls in 31.3 min

on 47.7 fg% / 38.5 3pt% / 76.8 ft%

Shumpert: 36 games

9.4 pts / 3 ast / 3.3 reb / 1.7 stl / .1 blk / 2.2 to / 3.2 fouls in 31.7 min

on 39 fg% / 31.5 3pt% / 81.1 ft%

I think the only thing that Shumpert has a clear advantage in is his size, but Bradley is one of the fastest guys in the league. He beats anyone to the spot on defense. As you can see though, Bradley quadruples Shump's bpg at his smaller size.

Bradley is more efficient offensively, a very good cutter, averages less turnovers, and less fouls while playing as good or better defense.

I'd take Bradley 9 times out of 10, but I really like Shumpert too. There's a reason Bradley was such a highly ranked prospect out of high school.

wang4three
08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Shumpert if he returns to health.

qrich
08-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Whoever recovers quicker.

Kawhi over both.

bagelred
08-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Wow people saying Shumpert has better IQ. I saw him blow layups, I saw him flying without sense all over the court, and then I saw Bradley cutting without the ball and playing off his teammates, in the flow of offense (which is rare nowdays). I think Bradley is the smarter player, has better work ethic, and jeez, he's on a legit organisation getting experience, while Shumpert wasting his young days learning from likes of Earl Smith and Anthonies.

I say it's Bradley, fairly easy.

What a biased post. :oldlol:

kNIOKAS
08-07-2012, 06:03 PM
^better bball IQ: Shumper or Bradley? Answer the question.

bagelred
08-07-2012, 06:06 PM

I don't see enough of the Celtics to know how good Bradley is. But I CAN tell you that Shumpert's basketball IQ is very good. At the beginning of the year, he was playing PG and that's not his position. He settled down once he played SG.

And Shumpert CAN score. Watch him blow by people and put in monster dunks. Incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVh88AUnQc

Celtic_Pride
08-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Bradley easily. I have seen Shumpert fall for the pump fake quite a few times and he also takes a lot of stupid shots compared to Bradley

There's a reason Bradley was such a highly ranked prospect out of high school.

ESPNU ranked him #1 ahead of Wall, Cousins, Favors etc. This is why I think Bradley has the higher upside

SevereUpInHere
08-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I see more consistency in Avery from an offensive standpoint, even with his size disadvantage. He makes great cuts and can hit that corner 3 like no one's business. His on-ball defense is outstanding, and even though he has a size disadvantage there as well...

<reference block from behind on dwade>

http://i42.tinypic.com/302qplz.gif

:no: Uh, uh, Mr. Dwayne Wade! :no:

Wade looking back towards the ref before he even hits the ground :facepalm

I haven't seen enough of Avery to really comment, but I can't wait till we get Shump back, he's ferocious on the ball. Haven't seen a defender like that on our team in forever.

Trentknicks
08-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Wouldn't be worrying much about Shumpert's injury, if you look him up he is doing very well. His return was meant to be January but most reports say he will be back earlier than expected and has been a beast with his recovery. I'd say Shump's ceiling is higher than Bradley's but atm Bradley has a slight edge, but saying that he has also had an additional season to get his game together and adjust to NBA level.

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Bradley. But I'll gladly take Shumpert as consolation.

imdaman99
08-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Shump. I seen him lock up Rose and Wade in their matchups. Bradley on Rose?

SevereUpInHere
08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Wouldn't be worrying much about Shumpert's injury, if you look him up he is doing very well. His return was meant to be January but most reports say he will be back earlier than expected and has been a beast with his recovery. I'd say Shump's ceiling is higher than Bradley's but atm Bradley has a slight edge, but saying that he has also had an additional season to get his game together and adjust to NBA level.

I was trying to find something on him the other day, can you point me where to look? :cheers:

Trentknicks
08-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I was trying to find something on him the other day, can you point me where to look? :cheers:
give me a couple, will post in the thread

Celtic_Pride
08-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Shump. I seen him lock up Rose and Wade in their matchups. Bradley on Rose?

Lock up Wade?

In the 2 games both Wade and Shumpert played,

Wade had 28/9/4 on 10-18 (In the same game Shumpert had 3 points on 1-4 shooting)

and 28/5/4 on 11-19 (Shump had 5 points on 2-6)

In both the games, he averaged well above his season PPG!

In the only game Wade played with Bradley guarding him,

He had 15 points on 6-17 shooting (Bradley had 13 points on 5-10)

Wade shitted on Shumpert so bad in both the games whereas Bradley outplayed Wade in their matchup. Oh and Shumpert had 4 fouls in both the games which shows that he was in foul trouble most of the game trying to guard Wade.

Now put down the crack pipe son!

bagelred
08-07-2012, 08:58 PM

ACL isn't a "rush back" injury. They really need to make sure its 100% before he comes back or he could tear it again.

No rush. That's why we got Brewer.

Trentknicks
08-07-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_shump_hurt_says_recovery_BsoDbzIBNn4Gc9pXts FsIM
From June 12, but still a good read.
-
Here's an article from July 13, you may have seen it, but it's also a good place to check weekly for updates :rockon:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/category/_/name/iman-shumpert
-
Another article from July 27 on him and Rose' similar recovery path, think Rose' injury is worse as he is expected to miss a couple more months than Shump.
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/13410251-579/iman-shumpert-shares-rehab-path-with-derrick-rose.html

Overall I think the Knicks staff are keeping pretty tight lipped as they don't want to jump the gun if he is ahead of schedule and disappoint/anger the fans. Hope it helped. At a guess i'd say he may be back late December at best, or sometime early January.

Trentknicks
08-07-2012, 09:03 PM
ACL isn't a "rush back" injury. They really need to make sure its 100% before he comes back or he could tear it again.

No rush. That's why we got Brewer.
Yeah I know, Shumpert has stated that he wants to come back 100% and won't rush, the general consensus is/was that he is doing a bit better than expected and may return quicker than expected, not that he will rush his recovery.

Kevin Love
08-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Bradley gets his points within the flow of the game and is one of the best cutting guards in the league. He's also a better spot up shooter and has better defensive fundamentals.

Shumpert has more raw talent because of his athleticism and size for a combo guard but right now he's very wild with the ball and has poor shot selection. If I'm the GM of a playoff team, I'll take Bradley right now.

bagelred
08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
-
Another article from July 27 on him and Rose' similar recovery path, think Rose' injury is worse as he is expected to miss a couple more months than Shump.
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/13410251-579/iman-shumpert-shares-rehab-path-with-derrick-rose.html

Shump tore his ACL just so he can defend Rose during his recovery. Now THAT'S commitment.

G-train
08-07-2012, 10:01 PM
This is a really fair argument. Age isn't a factor. Both guys are legit perimeter stoppers. Both guys are jump shot limited. Both guys can and have been disguised as PGs a little bit, which is a nod to their ballhandling even though neither is a PG by any stretch. Both are coming off of injuries.

The differences. Shumpert is bigger, which makes him a more viable defender against some of the league's more valuable offensive players. Sure they're both coming off significant injuries, but I'd rather roll the dice with a guy coming off a shoulder rather than a knee given what their particular skill sets are. And in spite of neither being a strength, I'd say Bradley masquerades as a PG when need be a little better, and is probably a tad better shot maker.

Really tough call. I like both of them.

Good post. Bradley is coming off surgery on both shoulders though, not just one.

imdaman99
08-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Lock up Wade?

Wade had 28/9/4 on 10-18 (In the same game Shumpert had 3 points on 1-4 shooting)

Wade shitted on Shumpert so bad in both the games whereas Bradley outplayed Wade in their matchup. Oh and Shumpert had 4 fouls in both the games which shows that he was in foul trouble most of the game trying to guard Wade.

b*tch, you read your stats while i watch the games. how did rose do against the celtics?
yeah read me some of them stats homie, since you like to read stats. i will watch the games.

Real Men Wear Green
08-07-2012, 10:19 PM
b*tch, you read your stats while i watch the games. how did rose do against the celtics?
yeah read me some of them stats homie, since you like to read stats. i will watch the games.
Watching games would tell you that Rose was more likely to be guarded by Rondo. You were given a reasonable argument and your reply is a useless burst of Tourrette's.

franchiez
08-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Avery bradley is a better defender, Iman is a better scorer.

ProfessorMurder
08-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Iman is a better scorer.

Then why is he significantly less efficient, scores less in more time on the court, and has a lower career high?

wally_world
08-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Shump for me

They are close now, but Shump def has the higher upside.

imdaman99
08-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Watching games would tell you that Rose was more likely to be guarded by Rondo. You were given a reasonable argument and your reply is a useless burst of Tourrette's.
oh really? so the best defensive player on the team is not going to be guarding rose? :roll:
lets put him on unstoppable kyle korver instead, talk about phony :rockon:

G-train
08-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Then why is he significantly less efficient, scores less in more time on the court, and has a lower career high?
:facepalm

Sarcastic
08-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Lock up Wade?

He was torching Landry Fields. When Shumpert was in, Wade couldn't even move the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PNrIu2bEU

Sarcastic
08-08-2012, 12:03 AM

Rookie vs 2nd year player
:confusedshrug:

ProfessorMurder
08-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Rookie vs 2nd year player
:confusedshrug:

Bradley played 162 minutes his rookie year. Add that to his second year and Shumpert has still played 175 more minutes in the NBA.

jdm_dc_fan
08-08-2012, 12:19 AM
oh really? so the best defensive player on the team is not going to be guarding rose? :roll:
lets put him on unstoppable kyle korver instead, talk about phony :rockon:
Luckily Boston has two very good defensive guards. Rondo is arguably the best defensive point guard right now and Defends rose the majority of the time. Of course Rose is going to get his every time on any guard in the NBA.

Celtic_Pride
08-08-2012, 12:21 AM

Relax! No need to be mad

Rose played in only 1 game against Celtics this season and Bradley was at end of the bench at that time. So he never had a chance to guard Rose!

Now getting 2 steals back to back is locking down for the entire game? This is the problem with delusional Knicks fans..Overrating of their role players will never stop!

He was torching Landry Fields. When Shumpert was in, Wade couldn't even move the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PNrIu2bEU

Fields was on Lebron and Shumpert was on Wade entire game (Shumpert started). Which game did you watch?

G-train
08-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Bradley played 162 minutes his rookie year. Add that to his second year and Shumpert has still played 175 more minutes in the NBA.

Yep cos scoring ability is solely defined by your first post and nba experience is soley defined by how many times you actually get on the court.
Come on man.

Sarcastic
08-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Relax! No need to be mad

Rose played in only 1 game against Celtics this season and Bradley was at end of the bench at that time. So he never had a chance to guard Rose!

Now getting 2 steals back to back is locking down for the entire game? This is the problem with delusional Knicks fans..Overrating of their role players will never stop!

Fields was on Lebron and Shumpert was on Wade entire game (Shumpert started). Which game did you watch?

I think you need to rewatch some of the highlights again bro. When Shumpert was on Wade, he was only scoring after he got picks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCTiDAzMD8&feature=player_detailpage#t=301s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puQrMIknn7w

Donnybrook
08-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Wade looking back towards the ref before he even hits the ground :facepalm

I haven't seen enough of Avery to really comment, but I can't wait till we get Shump back, he's ferocious on the ball. Haven't seen a defender like that on our team in forever.

Yeah, typical Wade, haha!

But I do respect the crap outa' Shump. He's a great defender, too. I guess I've got my bias, but I just feel Avery is more consistent. I'd take either on the C's, that's for sure.

imdaman99
08-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Relax! No need to be mad

you're clueless, maybe you were watching some other game? wade might have got blocked by avery bradley once and came from behind to block him, but shump was facing him up and wade had issues dribbling anywhere near him. no coincidence. pretty sure celtics overrate their role players more.

G-train
08-08-2012, 02:18 AM
No player can guard Wade when he is healthy.
Played with bung knee most of season.

jdm_dc_fan
08-08-2012, 02:21 AM
I guess if were posting shumpert videos I might as well post some AB videos. :lol

Lebron on avery's defence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqVcDg048M&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ZO3-Iq-t4

coin24
08-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Shump:bowdown:

jdm_dc_fan
08-08-2012, 02:45 AM
you're clueless, maybe you were watching some other game? wade might have got blocked by avery bradley once and came from behind to block him, but shump was facing him up and wade had issues dribbling anywhere near him. no coincidence. pretty sure celtics overrate their role players more.
Lol sounds like you're trying to downplay avery's block. Avery block over shumpert's 2 steals any day. Even Wade gave him prop's after he got up.

Donnybrook
08-08-2012, 03:55 AM

These are the things people are really trying to argue on this board?

My god, you sound like a woman gossiping in a hair salon... :facepalm

ProfessorMurder
08-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Yep cos scoring ability is solely defined by your first post and nba experience is soley defined by how many times you actually get on the court.
Come on man.

If Shumpert's offensive game is so much better that you guys can flat out call it better, why is he putting up worse offensive numbers with more court time?

If his offense was so great, him being a rookie shouldn't matter. He averaged under 10ppg as a starter at a sub-40% rate. How can you defend that?

jimmy77x
01-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Piston guards eating bradleys @ss up :lol and his offensive game is trash compared to Iman.