PDA

View Full Version : Did SHAQ make a mistake bulking/chubbing up?

jongib369
08-09-2012, 04:24 AM
http://oi50.tinypic.com/2epmts6.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/10zssu9.jpg

(Picture's above: Shaq top, Wilt Bottom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQD3C8Muco

(VIDEO ABOVE SHAQ AT LSU)

How different would his career have been if he stayed lighter and more athletic? Personally, I think instead of becoming a behemoth he should have stayed lighter YET still strong as hell. Could you imagine how much better shaq would have been if he had developed a fadeaway like chamberlain also?

Although he did have one!

http://www.tumblr.com/edit/29041448861?redirect_to=%2Fdashboard

but just imagine if he had range from 15/16 feet in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

Kobe 4 The Win
08-09-2012, 04:30 AM
A fatter Shaq is a less dominant Shaq. He was already big enough to be physically dominant as a rookie. Had he kept at a more reasonable weight, gotten in better condition and remained active on defense he would be the GOAT.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-09-2012, 04:51 AM

:eek: :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
08-09-2012, 04:52 AM
I think if he stayed skinnier his body wouldn't have started breaking down by the end of his career and he could have dominated much longer.

coin24
08-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Basically he was a lazy fat fu*k for most of his career:facepalm

If he kept in shape and worked on his game he could have easily been the goat, but I don't think he honestly cared that much.. His peak was insane though:bowdown: Such a huge waste him and Kobe falling out, could have won a lot more together...

RoundMoundOfReb
08-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Basically he was a lazy fat fu*k for most of his career:facepalm

If he kept in shape and worked on his game he could have easily been the goat, but I don't think he honestly cared that much.. His peak was insane though:bowdown: Such a huge waste him and Kobe falling out, could have won a lot more together...
Agreed.

Force
08-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Fact

Shaq's most dominant years were when he was near his heaviest. The 3 peat MVP Shaq was nearly 40 pounds heavier than when he went to Miami and lost all that weight. People forget how skinny he got in Miami.

Another Fact

It didn't matter how much Shaq weighed, he dominated everybody and was the always the biggest problem for the opposition.

Shaq NEVER had any major injuries in his whole career which is amazing consider his size and how great his footwork was. Shaq is smart and always showed up big in the playoffs, he knows how to pace himself. Look at Bill Russell, he says one of his biggest secrets to his success was to take 15 to 20 plays OFF per game, not even bothering to cross the half court line just to conserve his energy. I bet if he tried harder maybe he would have 22 rings instead of 11 right?

The revisionist history on this board about Shaq is really sad to read. People have no idea, no appreciation, it's like many of you never watched him play. Prime Shaq is the only person who you could say was >>> than a prime Jordan without getting laughed at. His effect on the court was unreal and he always made every single teammate better.

SyRyanYang
08-09-2012, 05:06 AM
He didn't decide to bulk up. :facepalm

Force
08-09-2012, 05:10 AM
I think if he stayed skinnier his body wouldn't have started breaking down by the end of his career and he could have dominated much longer.

LOL, how much longer did you want him to dominate? He killed both Robert Parish and Greg Oden on the court. Talk about longevity. How many centers were as much of a force as him for that long of a time?

kennethgriffin
08-09-2012, 05:11 AM
shaq had the perfect weight and skill for about 3 years

pretty lame prime if you ask me. i dont care how dominant it was. it was only 3 peak years ( kobes has been going for a decade+ )

absolutely 1 dimensional phenom from 1992-1999

absolute fat overweight POS from 2003-2010

he was lucky to have wade carry him with zo playing most of the 4th Q minutes

Force
08-09-2012, 05:12 AM

actually he did. since people here have no memory, Shaq added size much because of the pounding he would take every game. He would literally get flagrant fouled 4 or 5 times per game. They never called them, but he got slapped, pushed and chopped at like no other player in the HISTORY of the sport.

Owl
08-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Shaq himself said no. He said he was injury prone in Miami because Riley overworked him and because he didn't have the cushioning layer of fat (science at work for you there).

But I'm fairly sure that the consensus is that Shaq let himself get out of shape in LA and that led to injuries and a drop off in athleticism which led too further injuries down the road and Shaq's sharp decline after '06.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-09-2012, 05:14 AM
LOL, how much longer did you want him to dominate? He killed both Robert Parish and Greg Oden on the court. Talk about longevity. How many centers were as much of a force as him for that long of a time?
Obviously Shaq is one of the greatest basketball players of all time. Nobody is disputing that.
He was quite past prime by 31-32 years old. If he had stayed in shape maybe he could have lasted even longer because he was RIDICULOUSLY good in his prime. He could be in GOAT discussions. Obviously I'm just speculating though.

kennethgriffin
08-09-2012, 05:18 AM
its funny how the same people bashing shaq for being a lazy fat overwieght underachiving short prime having piece of sh*t will quickly turn into shaq praising worshiping a**clowns the minute a kobe vs shaq thread shows up on the board

:yaohappy:

Force
08-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Shaq went to college and got drafted in 1992, he declined after 2006. lol at people complaining about longevity.

Let's start a thread about Tim Duncan now. In fact, he declined at a much younger age than Shaq did. Maybe if Duncan bulked up a little bit he wouldn't have been getting dunked on by everybody while he was still in his 20's. what an underachiever.

Thread like these make me hate the board. Been gone for weeks, I'll be gone again. See ya'll when the season starts.

jongib369
08-09-2012, 05:23 AM
http://www.jimrome.com/cimages/var/ezjimrome/storage/images/repository/photos/shaquille-o-neal-1991-college-days-at-lsu/250848-1-eng-US/Shaquille-O-Neal-1991-College-Days-At-LSU_photo_medium.jpg

http://www.authenticsportscollectibles.com/store/images/Shaq8x10USA.jpg

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kobeshaq6.jpg

Serious question, he DIDN'T do that on purpose? How does one gain muscle mass...not on purpose ??

jongib369
08-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Shaq went to college and got drafted in 1992, he declined after 2006. lol at people complaining about longevity.

Let's start a thread about Tim Duncan now. In fact, he declined at a much younger age than Shaq did. Maybe if Duncan bulked up a little bit he wouldn't have been getting dunked on by everybody while he was still in his 20's. what an underachiever.

Thread like these make me hate the board. Been gone for weeks, I'll be gone again. See ya'll when the season starts.
When you consider minutes and age it looks like duncan is pretty consistent to me...but im not disagreeing that bulking up might have helped him.

Owl
08-09-2012, 05:32 AM

pretty lame prime if you ask me. i dont care how dominant it was. it was only 3 peak years ( kobes has been going for a decade+ )

Curious that a 1 dimensional player, and a "POS" had a cumulative had 5 seasons (emphasis here that this is NOT including his 3 year peak) better than Kobe's best by PER and 4 such years better than Kobe's best WS/48 plus one tied with his best. He then has 3 further non-peak years better with a better PER than Kobe's second best season, though only one further year with a superior WS/48.

Sorry to make it Shaq vs Kobe, but if this guy can't keep an argument in his own thread http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272925 it should be showed that by his own words

"POS" > Kobe

jongib369
08-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Curious that a 1 dimensional player, and a "POS" had a cumulative had 5 seasons (emphasis here that this is NOT including his 3 year peak) better than Kobe's best by PER and 4 such years better than Kobe's best WS/48 plus one tied with his best. He then has 3 further non-peak years better with a better PER than Kobe's second best season, though only one further year with a superior WS/48.

Sorry to make it Shaq vs Kobe, but if this guy can't keep an argument in his own thread http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272925 it should be showed that by his own words

"POS" > Kobe
could you comment on the subject in my post? You come off as someone who knows his stuff

jongib369
08-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Robert Parish was how old when they faced? (serious question) And how brittle was oden? haha

Force
08-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Robert Parish was how old when they faced? (serious question) And how brittle was oden? haha

Arrrr. You making me post again when I'm not supposed to. You can't be that dumb.

I mentioned parish and oden because parish is about to be 59 years old and Oden is 24 years old. Shaq played against both so it's silly for people to try to diss Shaq about longevity because he played for a very long time, tons of playoff games and never had a major injury.

bigkingsfan
08-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Horrible misleading photos.

East_Stone_Ya
08-09-2012, 06:15 AM
thread title would make more sense if Shaq didn't achieve anything

Fiasco
08-09-2012, 06:20 AM
How is 4 rings a mistake? I need to make more mistakes in my life.

Owl
08-09-2012, 06:42 AM
could you comment on the subject in my post? You come off as someone who knows his stuff
Kind of you to say so.

Shaq himself said no. He said he was injury prone in Miami because Riley overworked him and because he didn't have the cushioning layer of fat (science at work for you there).

But I'm fairly sure that the consensus is that Shaq let himself get out of shape in LA and that led to injuries and a drop off in athleticism which led too further injuries down the road and Shaq's sharp decline after '06.
So yeah Shaq's questionable commitment to conditioning probably cost him a couple of years off his prime (and made some of those post-peak years 03/04-05/06 a little worse than they had to be). Stuff like his decision to "heal on company time" showed how he wasn't committed to arriving at camp in shape and I think playing overweight definitely would have harmed his joints, especially the knees. As one poster suggested he might be in GOAT conversations if a few of his years were a little better and his peak slightly longer (then again I expect his team's Orlando and early LA playoff failures would still be held against him at least by some anti-Shaq elements, whether or not they were his fault, my leaning is that they weren't).

Shaq entered the league in '92 aged 20 (DOB March 6th, 1972), Parish turned 39 in that off season (DOB August 30th, 1953). Parish's final season was 96-97 on the Bulls and he last played Shaq on Feburary 1997 aged 43 1/2, though by then Parish was the teams 3rd center. In 92/93 and 93/94 (at 39 and 40) Parish was still Boston's first choice center and was playing in Atlantic Division with Shaq.

SyRyanYang
08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
http://www.jimrome.com/cimages/var/ezjimrome/storage/images/repository/photos/shaquille-o-neal-1991-college-days-at-lsu/250848-1-eng-US/Shaquille-O-Neal-1991-College-Days-At-LSU_photo_medium.jpg

http://www.authenticsportscollectibles.com/store/images/Shaq8x10USA.jpg

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kobeshaq6.jpg

Serious question, he DIDN'T do that on purpose? How does one gain muscle mass...not on purpose ??
Are you sure it's all muscle he gained? He looked lean and mean when first came into the league and never looked the same ever since.
Of course he do strength training regularly 'cause that's what pros do, during which he gained muscle. But he gets chubby because he didn't workout hard enough & too lazy to do cardio & can't control his big mouth.

SyRyanYang
08-09-2012, 07:00 AM
thread title would make more sense if Shaq didn't achieve anything
I guess it still makes sense since he's an underachiever. People would expect him to achieve more with his gift.

Harison
08-09-2012, 07:05 AM
I dont think it was a conscious decision on Shaq's part (Lets be fat now! :lol), he viewed the game... as a game. He dominated, he had fun, and at the same time didnt bothered to keep in a good shape or improve his game.

Shaq could have been GOAT with Jordan's mentality and work ethics (or even Kobe's, for that matter). Yet its another case of an insane potential, which was never fully explored.

Blue&Orange
08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
]
One word, perspective. For all i know ball could be at rim level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlxpnRxDJs

JohnnySic
08-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Shaq was at his fattest in LA and he completely dominated. The weight wasn't an issue until he started to get old. David Robinson was always in peak shape and he declined at the same age as Shaq did. Pointless thread.

Kobe 4 The Win
08-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Fact

Shaq's most dominant years were when he was near his heaviest. The 3 peat MVP Shaq was nearly 40 pounds heavier than when he went to Miami and lost all that weight. People forget how skinny he got in Miami.

Another Fact

It didn't matter how much Shaq weighed, he dominated everybody and was the always the biggest problem for the opposition.

Shaq NEVER had any major injuries in his whole career which is amazing consider his size and how great his footwork was. Shaq is smart and always showed up big in the playoffs, he knows how to pace himself. Look at Bill Russell, he says one of his biggest secrets to his success was to take 15 to 20 plays OFF per game, not even bothering to cross the half court line just to conserve his energy. I bet if he tried harder maybe he would have 22 rings instead of 11 right?

The revisionist history on this board about Shaq is really sad to read. People have no idea, no appreciation, it's like many of you never watched him play. Prime Shaq is the only person who you could say was >>> than a prime Jordan without getting laughed at. His effect on the court was unreal and he always made every single teammate better.

Hi Shaq.

Look homie, we all know you hated working out and constantly came into camp out of shape. lol. The cat's out of the bag so there's no sense in pretending. We read your book when you talked about how you would trick Pat Riley that you were working hard on the excercise bike. Don't be mad, you're still one of the best ever.

East_Stone_Ya
08-09-2012, 08:18 AM
I guess it still makes sense since he's an underachiever. People would expect him to achieve more with his gift.

what exactly more would have Shaq needed to achieve then?

Yung D-Will
08-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Shaq- From the moment he entered the league, 13 straight seasons averaging at least 21-10, on 55+% shooting.

:biggums:

LBJFTW
08-09-2012, 09:14 AM
what exactly more would have Shaq needed to achieve then?

Nothing. He's a top 10 GOAT. This board makes me laugh with all the what if this what if that....who gives a damn. Life isn't about what could have been, it's about what is. It's not like you can go back and change it, so why even speculate in the first place when there are so many variables at play?

What if an NBA player dropped his shorts and took a shit in center court mid game? What if someone put it on their twitter account? Who cares?

get these NETS
08-09-2012, 11:11 AM
shaq's early ears..nba used to marvel and bring up his ridiculously low body fat %

he was big strong quick and ridiculously agile

he half assed his way to ridiculous career statistically, anyway

Had Orlando management handled the situation better, I think he and Penny might have won a ring or 2.

shaq's "peak" coincided with the decline of the ewings,olajuwons, and robinsons also...

SourPatchKids
08-09-2012, 11:34 AM
The shaqtus has never made a mistake in his life.

AlphaWolf24
08-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Fact

Another Fact

FACT: Shaq dominated when he had 21 year old Kobe Bryant breaking down the defense and scoring/drawing the defense and getting Shaq great interior shots....without Kobe, neverlooked the same

(Watchin "closeout games" on NBA TV this week) even in 2000, Kobe's defense was amazing in the Finals and WCFinals...to go along with his ability t get past his defender and draw a double team ( forgot how any easy shots he created for Shaq)

Shaq was Big and strong.....his work ethic left alot to be desired...he was a liability in the 4th quarters/crunchtime.

Kobe mde him a Dominant post season player...watching the cloeseout games again even further proves it.

Freedom Kid7
08-09-2012, 12:00 PM
If Shaq doesn't bulk up, Shaq isn't Shaq. What made him dominant was that he was an obese wrecking ball on the court that could get to the basket without much difficulty.

So no, no mistake there.

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 12:06 PM
FACT: Shaq dominated when he had 21 year old Kobe Bryant breaking down the defense and scoring/drawing the defense and getting Shaq great interior shots....without Kobe, neverlooked the same

(Watchin "closeout games" on NBA TV this week) even in 2000, Kobe's defense was amazing in the Finals and WCFinals...to go along with his ability t get past his defender and draw a double team ( forgot how any easy shots he created for Shaq)

Shaq was Big and strong.....his work ethic left alot to be desired...he was a liability in the 4th quarters/crunchtime.

Kobe mde him a Dominant post season player...watching the cloeseout games again even further proves it.

:bowdown:

westsideozzie
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Shaq was the most dominant player ever. In 2000-2003 when he weighed close to 370 and was still agile and athletic, he could not be stopped. Period. Those who say Kobe was the catalyst and reason the Lakers won those titles know nothing about basketball. Shaq could have won those three rings with Ray Allen or any other viable 2 guard. That being said., they should have lost to both Portland and Sacromento those years as well with bum ass biting MJ Kobe Bryant!

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Shaq was the most dominant player ever. In 2000-2003 when he weighed close to 370 and was still agile and athletic, he could not be stopped. Period. Those who say Kobe was the catalyst and reason the Lakers won those titles know nothing about basketball. Shaq could have won those three rings with Ray Allen or any other viable 2 guard. That being said., they should have lost to both Portland and Sacromento those years as well with bum ass biting MJ Kobe Bryant!

not a kobe hater at all. :rolleyes:

ILLsmak
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Fact

Another Fact

Well, let's be honest. What does it mean to take a play off? Taking a play off, to me, is when you are able to see something good is happening already. If it's a fast break, you see guys stay back all of the time if they are big men.

Once you've played ball enough you can tell if someone is going to need you or not. Think about it,if the player isn't going to pass you the ball and you're not going to get a rebound, why run in there?

As for Shaq, it's true he was most dominant at his heaviest. He also played the most minutes,didn't he?

Being able to block a shot at its apex is cool, but most of Shaq's game was horizontal opposed to vertical and let's not pretend Shaq wasn't crazy athletic anyway. It wasn't until his early 30s that he started to lose his athleticism and, because of his bulk, was able to play til he was almost 40.

It makes me think a lot of you guys didnt see Shaq play... only as an older man.

-Smak

eliteballer
08-09-2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EefJHAWigvY&t=6m00s

Athleticism is something Shaq has never had an issue with....

fatboy11
08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
By "bulking up", you mean "getting fat", correct?

AlphaWolf24
08-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Replace Shaq with a soft Euro center...= ..still 3 peatin

http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2011/10/obamakardashian2.gif

Ne 1
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Shaq was the most dominant player ever. In 2000-2003 when he weighed close to 370 and was still agile and athletic, he could not be stopped. Period. Those who say Kobe was the catalyst and reason the Lakers won those titles know nothing about basketball. Shaq could have won those three rings with Ray Allen or any other viable 2 guard.

Of course some idiotic Kobe hater always says "slap *random guard* next to Shaq and they still 3-peat."

Okay....put Kobe with Duncan and the Lakers would probably have around 8-9 titles. The fact of the matter is yes Shaq was the focal point because the Triangle was going through the post but anyone who actually watched us knows that Kobe played a huge role in our dynasty. Without Kobe there is no dynasty, remember that they both came to LA in '96 and it took Kobe developing into a great player for Shaq to get that elusive ring.

eliteballer
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
By "bulking up", you mean "getting fat", correct?

http://celebcenter.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/shaq3.jpg

http://www.posters.ws/images/360156/shaquille_o_neal_kobe_bryant_photofile.jpg

Nevaeh
08-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I dont think it was a conscious decision on Shaq's part (Lets be fat now! :lol), he viewed the game... as a game. He dominated, he had fun, and at the same time didnt bothered to keep in a good shape or improve his game.

Shaq could have been GOAT with Jordan's mentality and work ethics (or even Kobe's, for that matter). Yet its another case of an insane potential, which was never fully explored.

Oh, it was explored plenty, like when he made his first finals at age 23 as the Lead Dog, won 3 straight rings with 3 FMVPs as the Lead Dog, moved onto his 3rd team, and won yet again as the center of defensive attention (even Wade admitted Shaq's presence freed him up on the perimeter), and wrapped things up while still putting fear in opposing centers even as an "old man".

Peeps around here sometimes talk like all Shaq did was eat, gain weight and then bitch for more money. I'm getting real sick of the "Lazy" stereotype getting dropped on Shaq as well. "Lazy" muthaf@ckas don't win 3 straight MVPs with the kind of stats he was putting up in the Finals.

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Oh, it was explored plenty, like when he made his first finals at age 23 as the Lead Dog, won 3 straight rings with 3 FMVPs as the Lead Dog, moved onto his 3rd team, and won yet again as the center of defensive attention (even Wade admitted Shaq's presence freed him up on the perimeter), and wrapped things up while still putting fear in opposing centers even as an "old man".

Peeps around here sometimes talk like all Shaq did was eat, gain weight and then bitch for more money. I'm getting real sick of the "Lazy" stereotype getting dropped on Shaq as well. "Lazy" muthaf@ckas don't win 3 straight MVPs with the kind of stats he was putting up in the Finals.

That's cuz you're a moronic Kobe hater, who just like ALL Kobe haters, wants to make everything that went wrong with the Lakers all Kobe's fault. Shaq SAID he wanted to be the MDE, but his work ethic said otherwise. He got to LA, and was more interested in making his brand bigger, than becoming the MDE he said he wanted to be. That's being lazy. MDE's don't do whatever they want in the offseason, including ignoring their game, then show up to training camp overweight and out of shape. That again, is being lazy. But of course, according to you guys, that's SOMEHOW Kobe fault too....right?:rolleyes:

Nevaeh
08-09-2012, 01:03 PM
That's cuz you're a moronic Kobe hater, who just like ALL Kobe haters, wants to make everything that went wrong with the Lakers all Kobe's fault. Shaq SAID he wanted to be the MDE, but his work ethic said otherwise. He got to LA, and was more interested in making his brand bigger, than becoming the MDE he said he wanted to be. That's being lazy. MDE's don't do whatever they want in the offseason, including ignoring their game, then show up to training camp overweight and out of shape. That again, is being lazy. Try harder:rolleyes:

B!tch, who even brought him up? This thread was about Shaq Bulking up, and how it affected his game. Some of you Laker "Fans" are the most ungrateful bastards of any sports franchise that I've ever witnessed. You have Team Fans here who've never even won a ring that show more loyalty to it's past players than you guys do.

get these NETS
08-09-2012, 01:05 PM

nah

often repeated sports cliche

Wilt Chamberlain dominated the league in ways Shaq never did.

Jordan dominated the league pre-rings in ways Shaq never did. During the 2 threepeats....you could say Jordan was even more dominant....getting his and still holding up trophy at the end..

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 01:09 PM
B!tch, who even brought him up? This thread was about Shaq Bulking up, and how it affected his game. Some of you Laker "Fans" are the most ungrateful bastards of any sports franchise that I've ever witnessed. You have Team Fans here who've never even won a ring that show more loyalty to it's past players than you guys do.

The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

Yeah, throw out your b.s. "oh...well...you're not a real Laker fan if you hate Shaq" bit that NEVER works, ironically enough, on REAL Laker fans. Shaq was never a real Laker so, stfu with all that. If he was, he would've shut the hell up, taken the money the Lakers were OVERPAYING him at the time, and played to get those 7 or 8 titles he again, SAID he wanted to win. And then would've/should've retired AS A LAKER.

Reggie Miller didn't pout like a little b***h, and take his ball and go home when Pacers management brought in Jermaine O'Neil, and pretty much gave him the team. Reggie played his role, then retired. So...why couldn't the supposed MDE do exactly the same thing, especially since his career was way more successful than Reggie's? But of course moronic Kobe haters like you ALWAYS wants to give Shaq a pass for acting like a b***h. Shaq played for how many other teams before he finally retired? And he left EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM on bad terms, but yeah, that's Kobe's fault too....right? GTFOH:roll:

RRR3
08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
That's cuz you're a moronic Kobe hater, who just like ALL Kobe haters, wants to make everything that went wrong with the Lakers all Kobe's fault. Shaq SAID he wanted to be the MDE, but his work ethic said otherwise. He got to LA, and was more interested in making his brand bigger, than becoming the MDE he said he wanted to be. That's being lazy. MDE's don't do whatever they want in the offseason, including ignoring their game, then show up to training camp overweight and out of shape. That again, is being lazy. But of course, according to you guys, that's SOMEHOW Kobe fault too....right?:rolleyes:
How on earth did you get this from his post?
He wasn't even talking about Kobe. Man you're insecure.

RRR3
08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
How on earth do you(rr3) think people take a ret**d like you seriously?

Man you're(rrr3) way too stupid to function:facepalm
^madder than a hogtied cornfritter

RRR3
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you(rrr3) feel better:rolleyes:
Now I get up around whenever
I used to get up on time
But that old man
He's a real muthafu.cka
Gonna kick him on down the
Li-ine

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Shaq was never a real Laker, huh? Spoken like a TRUE Kobe semen swallower.

kobeef24
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM

No one is even talking about Kobe. Why do bring him into every thread. You have the most biased opinions. Everyone knows Kobe was great. Hell, he's good now, but he's clearly not the best in the league anymore nor was he anytime he was playing with Shaq. Shaq's peak was more than 3 years. Did you even watch him play? I seriously want to bang my head against a wall every time I see you post. :biggums:

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Shaq was never a real Laker, huh? Spoken like a TRUE Kobe semen swallower.

Spit Lebron's semen out of your mouth BEFORE you says stuff like that. It'll make you look way more unbiased. Yeah dumba**(kuniva) cuz REAL Lakers retired as a Celtic...right? Keeping in mind the Celtics are the Lakers rivals and have been for many years. Like I said before you(kuniva) truly are an idiot of the worst kind:facepalm

RRR3
08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Of course....of course. Gets b***hslaped so hard, all he(rrr3) can do is ramble incoherently....which is his real "point" here....AS USUAL(yawns):sleeping
I see you standing there
Ya think youre so cool
Why don't you just
F.UKK OFF!!!!

Ya get nothin' for nothin'
If that's what you do
Turn around bitch I got a use for you

Also :roll: @ the irony of you accusing someone of rambling incoherently

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Spit Lebron's semen out of your mouth BEFORE you says stuff like that. It'll make you look way more unbiased. Yeah dumba**(kuniva) cuz REAL Lakers retired as a Celtic...right? Keeping in mind the Celtics are the Lakers rivals and have been for many years. Like I said before you(kuniva) truly are an idiot of the worst kind:facepalm

So when Kobe bitched about wanting to be traded, was he still a "true Laker"? Your posts get worst by the day, if thats even possible. :oldlol:

RRR3
08-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah....I know....right? Can't help but speak from experience on a subject you're(kuniva) VERY familiar with....huh?:lol

Which is exactly why only you(kuniva) take you seriously when you say stupid sh*t like Shaq was a REAL Laker....but retired as a Celtic....the Laker biggest rival:roll:
You know you are
BRING IT DOWN!
You're ****ing crazy!

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah....I know....right? Can't help but speak from experience on a subject you're(kuniva) VERY familiar with....huh?:lol

Which is exactly why only you(kuniva) take you seriously when you say stupid sh*t like Shaq was a REAL Laker....but retired as a Celtic....the Laker biggest rival:roll:

So Kobe was a REAL Laker when he demanded to be traded?

That's what I thought, tiny dancer.

ProfessorMurder
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
And he left EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM on bad terms, but yeah, that's Kobe's fault too....right? GTFOH:roll:

He didn't leave Phoenix, Cleveland or Boston on bad terms dumbass... The Magic were only pissed because he left as a free agent, which he can do.

MJ23forever
08-09-2012, 01:46 PM

Shaq was lazy ... stop it. It's one of his defining characteristics. MJ craps on Shaq's fat lazy underachieving ass.

Sure he had natural gifts but he's undoubtedly lazy. And was a horrible pick and roll defender, even in his prime. What the defining characteristic of pick and roll defense? Toughness and tenacity. He was neither, sucked at it, thus showing the laziness!

Shaq = lack of durability, ring chasing, and underachieving career.

MJ = GOAT thanks in apart to his insane work ethic. I'm far more impressed by that then just some 7'2 375 pound or whatever he was guy that just relied on his size and natural gifts

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Will the Lakers retire his jersey? Absolutely. You'd be a moron to think otherwise.

Meanwhile, according to you, Kobe was a REAL Laker by asking to be traded. Comical. :oldlol:

Yes...you(kuniva) are comical to think that somebody other than you takes anything you say seriously. So....to recap, according to you(kuniva), Kobe asking for a trade, while STILL playing for the Laker, YEARS AFTER, DOES NOT make him a real Laker. But according to you(kuniva) Shaq is a REAL Laker, even though he retired as a Celtic. Truly an idiot of the worst kind:roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes...you(kuniva) are comical to think that somebody other than you takes anything you say seriously. So....to Kobe ask for a trade, whil STILL playing for the Laker DOES NOT make him a real Laker. But according to you(kuniva) Shaq is a REAL Laker, even though he retired as a Celtic. Truly and idiot of the worst kind:roll:

The Lakers will retire his jersey, making him a Laker legend. Thus, a REAL Laker.

BAM! You're done kid.

SilkkTheShocker
08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Shaq will be most remembered as a Laker. But at the same time he really has no home among the teams he played on. Dominant player, but a whiny ass b.itch.

SilkkTheShocker
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
The Lakers will retire his jersey, making him a Laker legend. Thus, a REAL Laker.

BAM! You're done kid.

He is a Lakers legend no matter what. He brought them 3 titles. But he also trashed the organization and ended his career in Boston. He won't be viewed the same as Magic, Kobe, Kareem, West, etc. Shaq is more of mercenary than anything.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
He is a Lakers legend no matter what. He brought them 3 titles. But he also trashed the organization and ended his career in Boston. He won't be viewed the same as Magic, Kobe, Kareem, West, etc. Shaq is more of mercenary than anything.

Agreed. Especially with the bolded. At least you can admit he will be remembered as a Laker, unlike that moron, LakersReign. :oldlol:

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Agreed. Especially with the bolded. At least you can admit he will be remembered as a Laker, unlike that moron, LakersReign. :oldlol:

...says this moron(kuniva) DESPERATELY reaching....MAKING STUFF UP(like he ALWAYS does), trying to save face. http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-love-high-five-fail.gif

Pathetic idiot of the worst kind:roll:

Oh, and by the way, holla when you can show me a link to where I said those exact words:sleeping

Nevaeh
08-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Shaq will be most remembered as a Laker. But at the same time he really has no home among the teams he played on. Dominant player, but a whiny ass b.itch.

Dude, he played 8 straight seasons with the Lakers, 4 more than he did with the Magic, and brought them 3 Rings during that time. I'd say that was as much "Home" as it was for Kareem back when he was a Laker.

Nevaeh
08-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Shaq was lazy ... stop it. It's one of his defining characteristics. MJ craps on Shaq's fat lazy underachieving ass.

Sure he had natural gifts but he's undoubtedly lazy. And was a horrible pick and roll defender, even in his prime. What the defining characteristic of pick and roll defense? Toughness and tenacity. He was neither, sucked at it, thus showing the laziness!

Shaq = lack of durability, ring chasing, and underachieving career.

MJ = GOAT thanks in apart to his insane work ethic. I'm far more impressed by that then just some 7'2 375 pound or whatever he was guy that just relied on his size and natural gifts

Once again, f@ck Mike. Dude has an entire Thread dedicated to him being potentially GOAT on the front page, Why can't Shaq have a single damn thread where homos aren't trying to sh!t on his legacy?

SilkkTheShocker
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Dude, he played 8 straight seasons with the Lakers, 4 more than he did with the Magic, and brought them 3 Rings during that time. I'd say that was as much "Home" as it was for Kareem back when he was a Laker.

Its different with the Lakers though. They are all about spending your whole career in LA. Kareem is the 2nd best player ever at worst and he can't even get a friggin statue. Shaq will get his jersey retired, definitely. But talking down on the franchise and retiring a Celtic will hurt his standing in a lot of Laker fans eyes.

OmniStrife
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Imagine Shaq being as devoted as LeBron with his shape...

Holy shit, stuff GOATs are made of.

Horatio33
08-09-2012, 02:24 PM
its funny how the same people bashing shaq for being a lazy fat overwieght underachiving short prime having piece of sh*t will quickly turn into shaq praising worshiping a**clowns the minute a kobe vs shaq thread shows up on the board

:yaohappy:

Why do other you. You were the first person to bring Koe up in this thread. Stop moaning.

KDTrey5
08-09-2012, 02:25 PM
bulking made him better but for a shorter period.

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 02:26 PM
So when Kobe bitched about wanting to be traded, was he still a "true Laker"? Your posts get worst by the day, if thats even possible. :oldlol:

how are talking about being traded and actually being traded even remotely the same thing? Is this even logic?

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Why do other you. You were the first person to bring Koe up in this thread. Stop moaning.

should learn to spell and write in complete sentences.

Nevaeh
08-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Its different with the Lakers though. They are all about spending your whole career in LA. Kareem is the 2nd best player ever at worst and he can't even get a friggin statue. Shaq will get his jersey retired, definitely. But talking down on the franchise and retiring a Celtic will hurt his standing in a lot of Laker fans eyes.

Dude honestly, that's just pure nonsense. How many players in the modern era can realistically be on the same team their entire careers? Sh!t happens. And keep in mind the Lakers had the choice of keeping Shaq or letting him go, so it cuts both ways.

When I think Byron Scott, I think "Lakers". When I think AI, I think "Sixers", when I think MJ and Pip, I think "Bulls" When I think Nash I think "Suns", and on and on. Nobody's gonna think of Shaq and say "Oh yeah, that 's that oldschool Celtics Center from that one year".
:oldlol:

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 02:34 PM
how are talking about being traded and actually being traded even remotely the same thing? Is this even logic?

No it's not and reasonable people reading this thread will see that. The moron is trying to say Kobe ISN'T a REAL Laker for asking for a trade, simply cuz he was frustrated from losing with "help" like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. But according to his logic, Shaq IS a REAL Laker for asking for a trade, simply cuz he was being a b***h, who eventually retired as a Celtic. There is nothing similar in either of those cases, and it's nothing more that pathetic hater tripe.

So....REAL Lakers ask for a trade while the team was winning at the time....really? The clown has no real point, and his sole purpose for being in this thread with his equally pathetic sock puppets, is to start a POINTLESS argument with me, to report my posts, trying to get me banned. Disregard anything he says

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 02:40 PM
kobe haters are redefining the meaning of logic. :facepalm

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM

especially when he hit chris Dudley right in the face with his nuts. :lol :lol

KDTrey5
08-09-2012, 02:42 PM
especially when he hit chris Dudley right in the face with his nuts. :lol :lol
:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Easy. He didn't care about the Lakers. At the time he was busy chasing personal glory. Kobe wanted to get the fukk out of LA because they were rebuilding; which is understandable, but again, how does that make you a "REAL" Laker?

Do any of you remember the first game after the trade demands (in LA), where fans booed the shit outta him? :oldlol: Had the Gasol deal never happened? Who knows how Kobe would be viewed / portrayed as a Laker.

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Easy. He didn't care about the Lakers. He was chasing personal glory at the time (in his prime). Kobe wanted to get the fukk out of LA because they were rebuilding; which is understandable, but again, how does that make you a "REAL" Laker? Dude didn't even want to be there.

Do any of you remember the first game in LA, where the fans booed the shit outta him? :oldlol: Had the Gasol deal never happened? Who knows how Kobe would be viewed / portrayed as a Laker.

Have you wondered maybe it's because of all the drama between him and Shaq and he was just tired of the organization and all the rumors about him?
Maybe he was just tired of all the b.s.

And yes i remember the boo. But people quickly forgot about that when he was dropping 40 a night.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Have you wondered maybe it's because of all the drama between him and Shaq and he was just tired of the organization and all the rumors about him?
Maybe he was just tired of all the b.s.

And yes i remember the boo. But people quickly forgot about that when he was dropping 40 a night.

Maybe, maybe not. But it wasn't just the rumors (and yes, I remember him in that radio interview w/ SAS being hurt about management "spreading rumors"). He was visibly annoyed about the lack of talent built around him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 03:01 PM
:roll: @this moron(kuniva):oldlol:

Yeah cuz Shaq was a REAL Laker by asking for a trade, cuz he was being a b***h, getting it, then sticking himself in front of EVERY TV camera and mic he could find, to badmouth the Lakers and Kobe? How many times did Kobe do that to Shaq? Kobe was in front of TV cameras cuz of the bogus crap in Colorado, but how many times did he dip on Shaq and the Lakers? Your irrational Kobe hate ALWAYS reveals who you really are....32dayz/bwink23/kuniva....dumba**. I say again, an idiot of the worst kind:facepalm

When they retire his jersey, it will be the WORST day of your life. Book it. :oldlol: I don't blame you though. Not like you're a REAL Lakers fan anyway, Kobe apostle.

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 03:05 PM
When they retire his jersey, it will be the WORST day of your life. Book it. :oldlol: I don't blame you though. Not like you're a REAL Lakers fan anyway, Kobe apostle.

The truth stings like a b***h...doesn't it?...32dayz/bwink23/kuniva?:lol

Yeah dumba**(kuniva) cuz according to you(kuniva) REAL Laker fans believe Shaq is a REAL Laker, even though he retired as a Celtic. Idiot of the worst kind. Good luck with all that:roll:

RRR3
08-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Why does reigny think he has the right to insult anyone's intelligent? :confusedshrug:
Reigny is so dumb his IQ is in the negatives; he'd lose an argument with a rock.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
The truth stings like a b***h...doesn't it?...32dayz/bwink23/kuniva?:lol

If by truth, you mean LA will retire his jersey and he'll be considered a franchise great, then no. Absolute not. Why should I be? Ahhh, that's right. I'm not a Kobe stan. Moron :oldlol:

wang4three
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Shaq certainly didn't do himself favors when he didn't maintain his body as well as he could've.

jongib369
08-09-2012, 03:18 PM
How is 4 rings a mistake? I need to make more mistakes in my life.

no all Im saying is do you guys think his career could have been better if thats possible? Could he of done MORE staying lighter and playing slightly different...Im not saying he was a failure haha. Shaqs my favorite center of the 90s/2000's

jongib369
08-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Arrrr. You making me post again when I'm not supposed to. You can't be that dumb.

I mentioned parish and oden because parish is about to be 59 years old and Oden is 24 years old. Shaq played against both so it's silly for people to try to diss Shaq about longevity because he played for a very long time, tons of playoff games and never had a major injury.

haha what? Literally all I asked was how old parish was and made a joke about oden

jongib369
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Are you sure it's all muscle he gained? He looked lean and mean when first came into the league and never looked the same ever since.
Of course he do strength training regularly 'cause that's what pros do, during which he gained muscle. But he gets chubby because he didn't workout hard enough & too lazy to do cardio & can't control his big mouth.

Yeah I see what you're saying, his arms having a second look are about the same except what looks like age and chubbing up. Thanks for the post!

jongib369
08-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Shaq was at his fattest in LA and he completely dominated. The weight wasn't an issue until he started to get old. David Robinson was always in peak shape and he declined at the same age as Shaq did. Pointless thread.

It's not pointless to ask questions, but it is pointless to diss others on a basketball forum where you are supposed to talk basketball

jongib369
08-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Shaq- From the moment he entered the league, 13 straight seasons averaging at least 21-10, on 55+% shooting.

All Im doing is asking a what if...could he of done MORE potentially

jongib369
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Well, let's be honest. What does it mean to take a play off? Taking a play off, to me, is when you are able to see something good is happening already. If it's a fast break, you see guys stay back all of the time if they are big men.

Once you've played ball enough you can tell if someone is going to need you or not. Think about it,if the player isn't going to pass you the ball and you're not going to get a rebound, why run in there?

As for Shaq, it's true he was most dominant at his heaviest. He also played the most minutes,didn't he?

Being able to block a shot at its apex is cool, but most of Shaq's game was horizontal opposed to vertical and let's not pretend Shaq wasn't crazy athletic anyway. It wasn't until his early 30s that he started to lose his athleticism and, because of his bulk, was able to play til he was almost 40.

It makes me think a lot of you guys didnt see Shaq play... only as an older man.

-Smak

He was def scary athletic even big, personally I just he could of accomplished the same thing and lasted in the league a few years longer...And POTENTIALLY be a tad better...Im not knocking shaq at all, people seem to think thats what Im doing (not saying thats what you said).

I saw him play from 1999 on...and then have looked up as many games as I possibly could on him prior going back to his days at LSU...its not the same though so I respect your perspective

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
The clown(kuniva) got b***hslapped so hard on that last post....the only words that would come out of his mouth was "yo mama." Idiot of the worst kind:roll:

You're flowing with anger? Tell me something I don't know. :oldlol:

Meanwhile, Shaq will be remembered as a Laker great.

RRR3
08-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Reigny is dumber than a sack of hammers

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 03:36 PM
You're flowing with anger? Tell me something I don't know. :oldlol:

Meanwhile, Shaq will be remembered as a Laker great.

Oh....I get it now. You(kuniva) BLURTING out "yo mama" for no real reason was your(kuniva) Tourette's tic....right?:lol

Meanwhile CONSTANLTY misppelling a simple word like YOUR for Y-O-U-R-E, just like 32dayz/bwink23 is a sheer coincidence....right? Idiot of the worst kind:roll:

jongib369
08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I agree! The weight helped in the short turn, but hurt him in the long run wearing down his joints etc.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh....I get it now. You(kuniva) BLURTING out "yo mama" for no real reason was your(kuniva) Tourette's tic....right?:lol

Meanwhile CONSTANLTY misppelling a simple word like Y-O-U-R-E, for YOUR, just like 32dayz/bwink23 is a sheer coincidence....right? Idiot of the worst kind:roll:

I feel your need to unleash pickernroller.. your trigger finger is getting itchy.

RRR3
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Reigny I wouldn't talk about misspelling shit if I were you.

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I feel your need to unleash pickernroller.. your trigger finger is getting itchy.

made me giggle a little. then my co-workers looked at me weird. :(

RRR3
08-09-2012, 03:41 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Smoke117
08-09-2012, 03:41 PM
actually he did. since people here have no memory, Shaq added size much because of the pounding he would take every game. He would literally get flagrant fouled 4 or 5 times per game. They never called them, but he got slapped, pushed and chopped at like no other player in the HISTORY of the sport.

He gave as much as he got. Half of his moves down low were offensive fouls. He was the hardest player to officiate. He may have got hammered, but he was also giving more offensive fouls than anyone else by far. If they had just called it completely even it would hurt him more than it would have helped him as he would have just fouled out of games long before he could take advantage of the calls he would be getting.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 04:05 PM
32dayz/bwink23/kuniva, TRYING to call somebody else out for supposedly having sock puppets, is like a pedophile(32dayz/bwink23/kuniva) trying to call somebody else a child molester. No credibility whatsoever, so good luck with all that. TRULY an idiot of the worst kind:hammerhead:

Oh, and by the way, you(32dayz/bwink23/kuniva) INSISTING on calling me EVERY Laker fan on ISH, STILL means you're(32dayz/bwink23/kuniva) suffering from PTSD cuz of the beating I gave you in December 2011. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244339&page=4
Thanks for FINALLY admitting it:lol

You never cease to amaze me. That read like an inmate at a permanent home for the mentally wasted.

RRR3
08-09-2012, 04:06 PM

You never cease to amaze me. That read like an inmate at a permanent home for the mentally wasted.
The best part is he has deluded himself into thinking he "won" the argument in the legendary thread where you first met reigny

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 04:10 PM

....says this mentally wasted clown(32dayz/bwink23/kuniva) who thinks A-L-L Laker fans on ISH are supposedly me simply cuz he CAN'T recover from the beating I gave him back in December 2011, and now has PTSD(which is exactly why he sees me....EVERYWHERE)cuz of said beating.http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244339&page=4

Your "expert' opinion on the subject I presume? Idiot of the worst kind:roll:

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 04:13 PM
....says the mentally wasted clown(32dayz/bwink23/kuniva) who thinks A-L-L Laker fans on ISH are supposedly me simply cuz he CAN'T recover from the beating I gave him back in December 2011, and now has PTSD(which is exactly why he sees me....EVERYWHERE)cuz of said beating.http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244339&page=4

Your "expert' opinion on the subject I presume? Idiot of the worst kind:roll:

RRR3
08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Are you retarded? Can you not see what an idiot reigny is? :wtf:

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Are you retarded? Can you not see what an idiot reigny is? :wtf:

check your private msg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-09-2012, 04:21 PM
The best part is he has deluded himself into thinking he "won" the argument in the legendary thread where you first met reigny

Yeah, Reigning L's seems to obsessed with that thread (maybe it's because I baited him into 100+ posts?). But of course, he'll just say he "won" and try to run with it. Anything else? No answers to questions? Idiocy consumes him brah. :lol

jongib369
08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1105396/postup.gif

LakersReign
08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah, Reigning L's seems to obsessed with that thread (maybe it's because I baited him into 100+ posts?). But of course, he'll just say he "won" and try to run with it. Anything else? No answers to questions? Idiocy consumes him brah. :lol

...says this idiot(32dayz/bwink23/kuniva) who's idiocy consumes him to the point where he ALWAYS invents wins, simply cuz he CAN'T....E-V-E-R get a real one vs me, since December 2011. Pathetic as ****. Idiot of the worst kind:facepalm