PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!

Burgz V2
08-09-2012, 11:38 PM
I can't remember being this excited for college basketball in a while

I'm a Michigan State fan. I will say I have gotten a lot more interested in the actual recruiting process over the past couple of years. It has given me a whole new perspective on college basketball.

That being said, are there any hardcore college ball fans in here? I'm trying to soak up as much as I can about other squads in anticipation of the tourney

SourPatchKids
08-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Too bad no postseason for the huskies. I think I'm also rooting for the spartans next year.

Burgz V2
08-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Too bad no postseason for the huskies. I think I'm also rooting for the spartans next year.

lol too bad?

this was long overdue. they get away with a lot of violations over the years

not saying no one else is doing, just don't be stupid enough to get caught

a lot will be riding on Branden Dawson coming back healthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyAS7dTmp6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYs0GQ843E

SourPatchKids
08-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I know, but feel bad for the fans.

SourPatchKids
08-10-2012, 08:37 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/489/043/hi-res-136378036_display_image.jpg?1344460343
Favorite player in the country. Not a big buckeyes fan though.

Burgz V2
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/489/043/hi-res-136378036_display_image.jpg?1344460343
Favorite player in the country. Not a big buckeyes fan though.

yea he's not bad. They did a special on him during the tourney, apparently he loves to watch tape/study the scouting reports of other players, makes him the defender that he is. Not saying that we should all give him gold stars for that (every player should do that if they are getting a free education lol) but I can respect a player who takes every game seriously

yea and I'm not exactly a buckeye fan, one of my good friend's is from Ohio and he never shuts up about how "great" the buckeyes are at sports lol

SourPatchKids
08-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Haha, not as bad as Duke or UNC fans.

TheSilentKiller
08-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I can't remember being this excited for college basketball in a while

I'm a Michigan State fan. I will say I have gotten a lot more interested in the actual recruiting process over the past couple of years. It has given me a whole new perspective on college basketball.

That being said, are there any hardcore college ball fans in here? I'm trying to soak up as much as I can about other squads in anticipation of the tourney

This. Interested to see how this year pans out.

Burgz V2
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
This. Interested to see this year pans out.

i think Gary Harris and Keith Appling will be a deadly combo

if dawson comes back healthy and Payne improves from last year i really think MSU can make a run

Goliath Uterus
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
KU looks strong this year... We got our usual depth back, and a nice crop of freshman to go along with our 2 best upperclassmen (Withey and Johnson). Another year of Big 12 dominance and a final 4 run is my prediction.

JellyBean
08-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah. I am excited for the upcoming college basketball season. Sad that my UConn Huskies can't make it to the tournament this season but its a good season to rebuild and get ready for 2013-14. I love college hoops so I am looking forward to seeing who can win it all this season. Will it be Kentucky again or someone else?

Go, Huskies!!!

SourPatchKids
08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Will Creighton be everybody's second favorite team?

Burgz V2
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
KU looks strong this year... We got our usual depth back, and a nice crop of freshman to go along with our 2 best upperclassmen (Withey and Johnson). Another year of Big 12 dominance and a final 4 run is my prediction.

Withey should be all conference at the very least. He is extremely mobile for a 7-footer, surprised me in the tourney last year.

If Isaiah Austin is the real deal they might be a problem for KU, otherwise I agree, Bill Self's got another great team on his hands this year

SourPatchKids
08-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Kansas will be playing Ohio state and Michigan State as part of their non-conference schedule. So we'll see.

Burgz V2
08-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Kansas will be playing Ohio state and Michigan State as part of their non-conference schedule. So we'll see.

well the tourney committee wont penalize them, if they play them and lose to both they still get credit for their strength of schedule

Goliath Uterus
08-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Withey should be all conference at the very least. He is extremely mobile for a 7-footer, surprised me in the tourney last year.

If Isaiah Austin is the real deal they might be a problem for KU, otherwise I agree, Bill Self's got another great team on his hands this year

Withey will be All American, and will challenge the record for blocks in a single season. Johnson will be All Conference at least and possibly AA. McLemore probably All Conference too, and a lottery pick if he plays to his potential.. And lol, Baylor will not be a problem at all, Scott Drew negates whatever talent he has on his bench simply by being Scott Drew.

We don't lose at home, and we just beat Ohio State in the Final 4, and they lost some key pieces, and didn't do that much to replace it. I think we take both these games, but if we drop one, it'll be against the Buckeyes.

SourPatchKids
08-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Could Aaron Craft be the best perimeter defender in the nation?

Goliath Uterus
08-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Could Aaron Craft be the best perimeter defender in the nation?

He's up there.

franchiez
08-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Honestly, I jump ship. I usually root for the team that picks up a HS player I want to see succeed.

KG215
08-12-2012, 02:13 AM
I think UNC will be better than a lot of people think. Obviously losing Barnes, Henson, Zeller, and Marshall hurts, but I'm very encouraged after McAdoo and Bullock emerged late last season. McAdoo has top 5-10 pick talent and Bullock is a very good two way player and exceptional defender. Hopefully P.J. Hairston will be more consistent, because he has a ton of ability. Unfortunately we'll be very thin in the frontcourt, relying on two freshmen in Brice Johnson and Joel James.

UNC will also get Leslie McDonald who figured to be a key piece on last year's team before tearing his ACL in August and missing the entire season. I don't really think they're a legit Final Four contender but, with the right match-ups in the tournament, I think they can make an Elite 8 or Sweet 16 run.

SourPatchKids
08-12-2012, 06:10 PM
For once, Bleacherreport wrote an interesting cbb article.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1284685-college-basketball-best-cbb-players-at-every-height

bballer
08-12-2012, 07:44 PM
For once, Bleacherreport wrote an interesting cbb article.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1284685-college-basketball-best-cbb-players-at-every-height

went to 6ft9 expecting to see my boy McAdoo.

left satisfied.

Burgz V2
08-12-2012, 07:56 PM
went to 6ft9 expecting to see my boy McAdoo.

left satisfied.

People definitely slept on him last year. He just couldnt get on the court, a shame because he's so talented.

Definitely expecting a big season from him.

bballer
08-12-2012, 07:59 PM
People definitely slept on him last year. He just couldnt get on the court, a shame because he's so talented.

Definitely expecting a big season from him.
i talked to him today actually.

he is really pumped for the season. He will be the #1 option. Can't wait to get down to a few games this year.

SourPatchKids
08-12-2012, 08:01 PM

:O, you a close friend?

Burgz V2
08-12-2012, 08:06 PM

he is really pumped for the season. He will be the #1 option. Can't wait to get down to a few games this year.

he should be. as long as he has a solid season he should be a lock for the top 5 in the draft.

He reminds me a lot of a young rasheed wallace without the mean streak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFVnzRFgzTE

if you pause at 49 secs his hand is at the top of the square. that's insane. (and its at Cameron indoor :lol)

chips93
08-13-2012, 07:25 AM
i guess duke is my team, but i dont really have a team

im looking forward to seeing ucla and indiana this year, but overall, im not especially excited for college ball this year.

SourPatchKids
09-30-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O47i8zShxjA

Dominic Artis doing work preparing for his freshman season with Oregon.

skan72
09-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Honestly, I jump ship. I usually root for the team that picks up a HS player I want to see succeed.

That's why I started cheering for Kansas. Mario Chalmers baby.

Them, and Gonzaga, are my squads. I fkn love 'em.

west_tip
10-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Me too and on that note I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh - I'm hoping that Steven Adams does big things.

UCLA too, with Shabazz Muhammad, those are my two teams this season.

sunsfan1357
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Arizona Wildcats are who I've always cheered on. Haven't followed college bball too closely the past few years, but I'm looking to get back into it this coming season.

cpmayo
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Maryland Terrapins

Court Vision
10-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Coach Mike Rice's 3rd year.

2011 recruiting class which was ranked in the top 20 is now sophomores. Had some big wins last year (Florida, UConn, Pitt on the road). If they continue to mature, could be a potential tourney team.

We add Ex-McD All American Wally Judge and incredibly athletic SF Vince Garrett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7AkFAY0R5M

NCAA bubble/NIT team

Rake2204
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
I have forever been in support of the University of Michigan. I understand how many powerhouse teams are accustomed to high rankings, but to see the Wolverines ranked 5th in the preseason coaches poll is pretty incredible, even if they don't maintain it throughout the season. Their return to the top echelon has been a long time coming, and seems to sync up with the end of the Fab Five's separation from the school (it fully ends in 2013).

The last time I remember Michigan finding themselves this high up in the rankings was back in the years of Maurice Taylor, Louis Bullock and Tractor Traylor (aka pre-Ed Martin). Now that all seems behind us. It's like a fresh start of a new world.

chips93
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I have forever been in support of the University of Michigan. I understand how many powerhouse teams are accustomed to high rankings, but to see the Wolverines ranked 5th in the preseason coaches poll is pretty incredible, even if they don't maintain it throughout the season. Their return to the top echelon has been a long time coming, and seems to sync up with the end of the Fab Five's separation from the school (it fully ends in 2013).

The last time I remember Michigan finding themselves this high up in the rankings was back in the years of Maurice Taylor, Louis Bullock and Tractor Traylor (aka pre-Ed Martin). Now that all seems behind us. It's like a fresh start of a new world.

whats this mean?

Rake2204
10-19-2012, 01:51 PM
whats this mean?Oh nothing major really. It's just Chris Webber's official "ban" from any connection or appearance at the University of Michigan is officially lifted in 2013. UM doesn't have plans to do anything about it though (like no welcome back party or anything like that) but if nothing else, it'll sort of feel like an official and symbolic end to the Ed Martin era.

Rose
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Memphis should finally make the sweet 16 again this year.:banana:

and MTSU should still be good in the sun belt.

SourPatchKids
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Dominic Artis and the Ducks are going to surprise millions come March.

01amberfirewv
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
I like a few teams but I am a Mountaineer. Looking forward to watching WVU this season. I'm kind of glad they are coming into the B12 ranked 6, they will surprise a few people for sure

YouAintGrizz
10-24-2012, 12:29 AM

Same here. I think we have a great shot at winning the Big Ten this year. I'm not completely sold on all the Indiana hype. I think they'll be a very good team, just not the best in the nation.

InspiredLebowski
10-24-2012, 01:06 AM
It's going to be miserable for me. IU's #1 and Purdue's extremely young and will be mediocre. Hit 20 wins and make the tourney and I'm satisfied.

Burgz V2
10-24-2012, 02:49 PM
It's going to be miserable for me. IU's #1 and Purdue's extremely young and will be mediocre. Hit 20 wins and make the tourney and I'm satisfied.

that offcourt nonsense at Purdue really hurt you guys

if Purdue makes the tourney get Painter a medal :lol