PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron beats this LA team

KingBeasley08
08-10-2012, 12:27 PM
In the finals, where does he rank and what does that do for his legacy?

KOBE143
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Not gonna happen.. Book it.

WeGetRing2012
08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
he must be dreaming :sleeping :sleeping

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23535455.jpg

Rubio2Gasol
08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
But he has a better team.....

glidedrxlr22
08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Laker/kobe fans/trolls would be on suicide watch....that or making excuses like little whiny b!tches.

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
The pundits are still favoring the Heat. I understand why. The Lakers are a very OLD team and could be in danger of getting run off the court by OKC or the Heat...both of which have all their stars in their prime.

5. Who should be favored to win the 2013 NBA title?

Adande: Still the Miami Heat. Didn't we learn from them that you can't assume everything will come together immediately when you add two new major players? The 2007-08 Boston Celtics were the exception, but the NBA rule is that time together is the key component to championship teams.

Arnovitz: Miami. The Lakers' haul this offseason is impressive and should vault them over every other team in the league with a plural nickname. But cohesion takes time and, all of the sudden, the Heat look like the team with the best combination of incumbency and veteran savvy.

Gutierrez: The only reason the Lakers shouldn't be favored is the unknown: chemistry, coaching, health. But they have a balanced Big Four right off the bat, and are strongest where the Miami Heat are weakest: up front. Assuming health and a late addition at center, the Heat should still be the slightest of favorites. But LeBron James' throne is seriously challenged.

Palmer: The Miami Heat. With the addition of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and a healthy Chris Bosh, the Heat are still in the driver's seat. The Lakers have had a terrific summer but there are still quite a few unknowns regarding chemistry, old legs and, most importantly, Howard's back. Forget about the Heat: The Lakers still might not have enough to get past the Thunder.

Stein: Still gotta go with Miami. The Heat had a decent little summer of their own (Ray Allen, anyone?) and have the undeniable continuity edge over the retooled Lakers. Which is important and should count for something. But L.A. shoots right back to the top of the West with its moves and has Nash to help the Lakers figure it all out. What an end to our long, national Dwightmare. This league, man. This league.

Crown&Coke
08-10-2012, 12:36 PM
if he beats this Lakers team, nobody can ever say shit about him in a negative light about winning

and I would cry like an 8 year old who got his bike jacked from outside the liquore store 2 miles away from home. I would call the police and cry. I would call my mom and cry. I would run into the ocean and cry

I think I would cry the rest of my life

LBJDW305
GOAT hands down

Indian guy
The pressure has completely switched on Kobe/LA now. Losing to LeBron despite having the most dominant front line in NBA history in at least 25 years? People already think LeBron's better than Kobe ever was. If he beats him? Not only would he enter the Top 10, but he'd probably kick Kobe out of it.

riseagainst
08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
He won't, he's gonna choke. Lebron stans/homers such as myself will commit suicide ....that or making excuses like little whiny b!tches.

:applause:

SilkkTheShocker
This is why im excited to actually see this trade happen. I want to see Lebron take this team down. And even if Miami loses, its going to be worth it alone for the matchup. If he beats that stacked team, and wins MVP next season, he is in Shaq/Duncan range. I don't see how he wouldn't move ahead of Kobe in that situation. In a hypothetical series, I think Miami beats them. Dwight would be a serious problem, but I got Miami in 6.

And 1
Not gonna happen.. Book it.

Because the Thunder will take them out beforehand? Possibly.

I'm a huge Lakers fan, and I have to say that people are jumping the gun on this Lakers team. I can understand the argument that Lakers>Heat, but even so, it's very narrow. Personally, since they have already shown they can win together, the Heat probably have the better TEAM.

If Lebron beats this Lakers team, he gets another ring, and moves into 10/11 in my GOAT list. However, for ISH, Lebron beating 9thBe will propel him into top 5, and somehow shoot Kobe down to like 50th. :oldlol:

hawke812
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
But he has a better team.....

Let's wait until the season starts:coleman:

OR NOT

Lakers will destroy OKC and Miami. Combine those teams and they will still lose:rockon:

Rubio2Gasol
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Someone just said Howard and Pau are the best front court of the last 25 years......

Is this real life?

tpols
He will float into the sky and become God.

WadeBronDonJuan
If the Lakers get past the Thunder and try to dethrone the king, there are gonna be a lot of whiny b****es on ISH making excuses.

Book that.

TheAesirsFinest
It's team vs team, not one player against a team.

It'll depend on how well the Lakers play this season and how well LeBron plays against them.

Nick Young
Dwade is done and Bron+Bosh+old Ray Ray+Done Dwade isnt enough to beat this lakers team

Dont forget former all stars Jamison and Redd off the bench

Crown&Coke
08-10-2012, 12:41 PM

and the ref would call a foul on someone close by

Rubio2Gasol
08-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Let's wait until the season starts:coleman:

OR NOT

Lakers will destroy OKC and Miami. Combine those teams and they will still lose:rockon:

They legitimately have a better team, Lakers just match up well against them......

BMOGEFan
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM

Why would lebron's legacy jump if he beats the lakers...his team has 3 players in their prime...3 top 10 players in the league in their primes.

the only player in their prime for the lakers is dwight...and he's coming off a back surgery.

nash is 38, kobe is 34, gasol is 32, artest is 33, jamison is 35

G-Funk
08-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Kobe beating Wade & Bron is gonna boost him a lot. Cant wait. BTW HEAT r still favorites.

Calabis
08-10-2012, 12:48 PM

If he dominates the series, it puts him above Kobe, that's for sure

lebeast666
08-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Noone will beat the 2013 Miami Heat. LeBron will be goat next season

BlackVVaves
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
The pressure has completely switched on Kobe/LA now. Losing to LeBron despite having the most dominant front line in NBA history in at least 25 years? People already think LeBron's better than Kobe ever was. If he beats him? Not only would he enter the Top 10, but he'd probably kick Kobe out of it.

So, you think Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol are a more formidable tandem than prime Kevin McHale and Robert Parish?

Any more ridiculous claims you want to make, or you good for the day?

You LeBron kids just keep making yourselves look uneducated and insecure the more you post about this trade. Get a ****ing grip :oldlol:

Sarcastic
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
The question should be "if Kobe doesn't win with this line up, how far does he fall?"

That would make 2 of the most stacked teams ever to lose (2004 & 2013).

avonbarksdale
08-10-2012, 12:54 PM
kobe cannot lose to lebron. this is a FACT

kobe will never let himself lose to lebron in an nba finals

SilkkTheShocker
The question should be "if Kobe doesn't win with this line up, how far does he fall?"

That would make 2 of the most stacked teams ever to lose (2004 & 2013).

Thats what im saying. If he loses with this 2013 team, it will be a bigger failure than 2004.

Rubio2Gasol
So, you think Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol are a more formidable tandem than prime Kevin McHale and Robert Parish?

Any more ridiculous claims you want to make, or you good for the day?

You LeBron kids just keep making yourselves look uneducated and insecure the more you post about this trade. Get a ****ing grip :oldlol:

Duncan and Robinson was not that long ago lmao.

Saboynis and Sheed >>>>
Vlade and Weber>>>>>

Rubio2Gasol
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Thats what im saying. If he loses with this 2013 team, it will be a bigger failure than 2004.

He has the 4th best team in the league lmao.

Bron had the best team in the league and he lost :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM

He's in his 17th year. I dont even like Kobe, but WTF are you guys even talking about? :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
08-10-2012, 12:57 PM

Saboynis and Sheed >>>>
Vlade and Weber>>>>>

It really depends on how Gasol plays. I don't see why the Gasol/Dwight tandem can't be as as Vlade/Webber and Sabonis/Sheed. Really depends on how Gasol plays. He seems a little past his prime. But hima and Bynum never meshed all that well anyways

hawke812
08-10-2012, 12:57 PM
hands down, man down

Fixed:rockon:

Duncan21formvp
08-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Lebron nearly lost to the old *** Celtics last year.

Rubio2Gasol
It really depends on how Gasol plays. I don't see why the Gasol/Dwight tandem can't be as as Vlade/Webber and Sabonis/Sheed. Really depends on how Gasol plays. He seems a little past his prime. But hima and Bynum never meshed all that well anyways

Dwight is not that great, IMO , everyone thinks he's some amazing player but he's just a great defensive player.

Offensively he's normal.

SilkkTheShocker
He's in his 17th year. I dont even like Kobe, but WTF are you guys even talking about? :oldlol:

He is still a top 5 player though. And he Nash is better than Payton was in 04. And Gasol is better than Malone. Shaq was way better than Dwight, but LA has a better bench than 04. Idk, we will see. But either way, it will be a huge failure if they don't win it all. 2004 and 2013 would be gigantic black marks.

SilkkTheShocker
08-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Dwight is not that great.

Meh, I think he is underrated, personally. He fits a lot better than Bynum did.

raprap
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Only match-up problem will be Dwight. I dont know if LA is that much better than the Heat really. We will see though.

BlackVVaves
08-10-2012, 01:02 PM

Saboynis and Sheed >>>>
Vlade and Weber>>>>>

Don't agree with the last two, but Duncan and The Admiral certainly.

These LeBron stans are clueless. Maybe if you took the man's family jewels out you all's mouths for a moment you'd be able to adjust your glasses and read the nonsense that finds it way from your 14 year old thoughts to this message forum.

Trying to boost of Kobe's teammates in order to push Kobe down in order to prompt LeBron up. The **** can't you all just take things for what they are sometimes?

Great move by the Lakers. Miami still the favorites. Cut the bullshit.

taucesays
The pundits are still favoring the Heat. I understand why. The Lakers are a very OLD team and could be in danger of getting run off the court by OKC or the Heat...both of which have all their stars in their prime.

Adande: Still the Miami Heat. Didn't we learn from them that you can't assume everything will come together immediately when you add two new major players? The 2007-08 Boston Celtics were the exception, but the NBA rule is that time together is the key component to championship teams.

Arnovitz: Miami. The Lakers' haul this offseason is impressive and should vault them over every other team in the league with a plural nickname. But cohesion takes time and, all of the sudden, the Heat look like the team with the best combination of incumbency and veteran savvy.

Gutierrez: The only reason the Lakers shouldn't be favored is the unknown: chemistry, coaching, health. But they have a balanced Big Four right off the bat, and are strongest where the Miami Heat are weakest: up front. Assuming health and a late addition at center, the Heat should still be the slightest of favorites. But LeBron James' throne is seriously challenged.

Palmer: The Miami Heat. With the addition of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and a healthy Chris Bosh, the Heat are still in the driver's seat. The Lakers have had a terrific summer but there are still quite a few unknowns regarding chemistry, old legs and, most importantly, Howard's back. Forget about the Heat: The Lakers still might not have enough to get past the Thunder.

Stein: Still gotta go with Miami. The Heat had a decent little summer of their own (Ray Allen, anyone?) and have the undeniable continuity edge over the retooled Lakers. Which is important and should count for something. But L.A. shoots right back to the top of the West with its moves and has Nash to help the Lakers figure it all out. What an end to our long, national Dwightmare. This league, man. This league.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/347412/seriespicks.JPG

Rubio2Gasol
Meh, I think he is underrated, personally. He fits a lot better than Bynum did.

No doubt, he's a great fit, that's the point of the trade, but he won't really be better than Bynum next year.

Both Gasols , Pek, Bynum , are better offensively.

Heilige
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM

Do you think LeBron is better than Kobe has ever been?

SilkkTheShocker
08-10-2012, 01:09 PM

They were wrong. But Lebron's supporting casts in Cleveland and Miami aren't comparable at all. OKC was favored by most to win the Finals. It works both ways. Lets not forget how how 04 Lakers were the most favored team to win it all this decade. We won't have an answer until we see these teams hopefully play in the Finals.

Bigsmoke
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Why would lebron's legacy jump if he beats the lakers...his team has 3 players in their prime...3 top 10 players in the league in their primes.

the only player in their prime for the lakers is dwight...and he's coming off a back surgery.

Bosh is a top 10 player? :biggums:

Rubio2Gasol
08-10-2012, 01:18 PM

He was when he went to Miami..........

Bosh is an amazing player, underrated around here to be honest.

Bigsmoke
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM

put the 2012 Finals predictions while you are at it. :rolleyes:

BMOGEFan
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM

Name 10 players who are better than bosh at the time of the decision.

Name 10 players better than bosh when he was fully healthy last year in the playoffs.

if anything, wade is no longer a top 10 player.

LA_Showtime
08-10-2012, 01:21 PM
The pressure is on Dwight not Kobe. The only way Kobe can screw this up is by chucking and not putting his ego aside to let Dwight and Nash do their thing. Of course we're talking about Kobe Bryant, so that could very well end up happening. Dwight is the best player on this team. We will go as far as he and Kobe lead us.

ihoopallday
08-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Name 10 players better than bosh when he was fully healthy last year in the playoffs.

Most of the players on Miami were barely healthy after beating Indy. And :lol saying Wade is no longer a top 10 player.

Bigsmoke
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM

for was great.. IN THAT SEASON!

like saying Amare is top 10 now because how well he played last year.

why are u bring up 2010 when its 2012?

LBJ
Durant
Dwight
CP3
Kobe
Westbrook
Rondo
Melo
Love
Wade
Dirk
Bynum

all those guys are better

BMOGEFan
08-10-2012, 01:30 PM
for was great.. IN THAT SEASON!

like saying Amare is top 10 now because how well he played last year.

why are u bring up 2010 when its 2012?

LBJ
Durant
Dwight
CP3
Kobe
Westbrook
Rondo
Melo
Love
Wade
Dirk
Bynum

all those guys are better

based on what...stats?

You do know bosh took a back seat to be on this team right...you are comparing #1 and #2 options to a player who sacrificed his game to be a role player.

BMOGEFan
08-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Most of the players on Miami were barely healthy after beating Indy. And :lol saying Wade is no longer a top 10 player.

I said if anything...meaning, If i had to choose who would be a better player now...bosh or wade as the #10 spot, it would be bosh.

riseagainst
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM

why would it matter how they are now? Those 3 joined together when all 3 were in the top 10 and that's the point. That's different than joining together when two of them are injured. Lebron stans always want to erase history. :lol

eliteballer
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
But what if Kobe beats this Heat team......

fsvr54
08-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Neither will make the Finals

Derka
08-10-2012, 02:26 PM
To make it in the playoffs, LA's gonna need to have a solid regular season where the bench comes up with the big minutes so the five studs running the starting jobs will be able to keep fresh when the rotations shorten come playoffs.

Also, no injuries. At all.

Neither will make the Finals

Inclined to agree.

Ikill
08-10-2012, 02:41 PM
is Dwight Howard going to be healthy for the start of the season?

greymatter
08-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Mass sepuku by every Kobe-stan out there. Would do wonders for thinning out the shallow end of the gene pool.

RRR3
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM

It'll depend on how well the Lakers play this season and how well LeBron plays against them.
Get that logical BS out of here, this is ISH! :no:

RRR3
08-10-2012, 04:07 PM

Bosh top 10 in the league :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rubio2Gasol
08-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Bosh top 10 in the league :roll: :roll: :roll:

He was tho.

If not top 10 top 15 at the very least.

DaSeba5
08-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Kobe stans would be on suicide watch.

Kobe never reaches top 5 status because he failed to win a ring with this team. Looking back at that series 10 years from now, LeBron's legacy will get a major boost and he'll enter the top 10 with 2 rings and 3 (maybe 4) MVPs.

amfirst
08-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Who knows, LeBron is on a pretty stack team as well. If he wins great for him that would move him up in the standings, if he loses then it would really hurt him real bad because the Heats are not going to get any better than now.

Nash
08-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Lebron
Healthy Wade
Howard
Kobe
Bosh
Nash
Gasol

TheMarkMadsen
08-10-2012, 04:47 PM
If i had a nickel for every time i heard the word "if" and "Lebron" in the same sentence..

i'd have enough money to disable all these fuggin advertisements

RRR3
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
If i had a nickel for every time i heard the word "if" and "Lebron" in the same sentence..

i'd have enough money to disable all these ****ingads
Yeah well, LeBron is a champion now and has the monkey off his back. I really wouldn't underestimate him now, and I'm interested to know who exactly on the Lakers is going to stop him :rolleyes:

riseagainst
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
So lebron 1 v 5 against the lakers can stand a chance? :confusedshrug:

DTreats
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Kobe is still better than Wade, always has been and always will be.

livinglegend
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
If he beat them, he ll be LeGOAT

tmacattack33
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM

Gasol and Kobe are not that old. Nash is a senior citizen but he proved last year that age is not affecting him like it is with most people...and that is probably because his game doesn't rely on athleticism at all - he's one of the most pure skilled players this league has ever seen.

Lebron23
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
If he beat them, he ll be LeGOAT

GOAT Small Forward. Current Lakers are a stacked team ala Showtime Lakers.

TheMarkMadsen
08-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah well, LeBron is a champion now and has the monkey off his back. I really wouldn't underestimate him now, and I'm interested to know who exactly on the Lakers is going to stop him :rolleyes:

Nobodys going to stop him, you don't stop players like Lebron. But Artest's perimeter D combined with Pau & Dwight in the paint very likely could slow him down..enough to win a series.

If it came down to a LA vs MIA final it really all will fall onto Bosh, Lebron is gonna do his thing but Bosh up against Howard & Gasol could be the key to the lakers winning that series.

If Bosh is able to just play to his averages in a series against LA, that would be HUGE

AlonzoGOAT
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
This

RazorBaLade
08-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Anybody who wins this year is getting a severe legacy boost.

Durant starts hitting that top 20 all time player level I would imagine with a FMVP this year.

Lebron would hit the top 10 all time easily.

Kobe would reach down to around top 5/6.

Magic 32
08-10-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjWebKavfuI

http://www.downtownmiaminews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/heat_fans_DISAPPOINTED.jpg

Cangri
08-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Seriously if the Lakers don't win it :roll:

Most stacked team right now in the league. The best Center, best Shooting Guard, top 5 point guard, and a top 10 PF on the same team? How can they lose?

kobesabi
08-10-2012, 05:09 PM
He will gain respect for backing up his not 2, not 3, not 4

...and will eventually be assimilated to the Lakers

It's a fair fight and not a lopsided fight though.

Heat Big 4 vs Lakers Big 4 old guys

Lebron23
08-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Most stacked team right now in the league. The best Center, best Shooting Guard, top 5 point guard, and a top 10 PF on the same team? How can they lose?

Injuries and Old Age.

NiHao
08-10-2012, 05:22 PM
As a Mav fan I dont care who wins, but I'm longing to see this matchup in finals.

If lebron wins he'll even surpass Ducan/Shaq in GOAT a little bit, no joking.

AlexanderRight
08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
At last, someone finally said it.

west_tip
08-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I think the Laker fans have a point with their "Lebron fans are on suicide watch" schtick, Mitch Kupchak is a genius and manages to pull off incredible deals that allow Kobe to contend for a ring, year in and year out. With the addition of Dwight and Nash the Lakers are the most stacked team in the league and are quite rightly considered the favourites to win the 2012/13 championship.

However, Lakers fans also know if LeBron wins his second ring/FMVP as an underdog by beating Kobe in the Finals it will catapult Lebron up the GOAT rankings and be the second time a stacked Lakers team has failed to win a ring in the Kobe era.

One way or the other this trade has raised the stakes and guarantees us an epic 2012/13 season.

longtime lurker
08-10-2012, 06:27 PM
LMAO what's with Lebron fans sick obsession with all things Kobe. They are the biggest flip floppers in the world, first it's TEAMS win championships now it's if LEBRON beats the Lakers like he'd be doing it all by himself. No if Lebron beats the Lakers that still won't make him better than Kobe, Duncan or Shaq. He still has the most stacked team in the league, the only one of the Lakers big 4 that's in their prime is Howard. For a fan base that thinks Lebron is already better than Kobe ever was it's funny how Kobe is always the measuring stick for success.

LakersReign
08-10-2012, 06:29 PM
LMAO what's with Lebron fans sick obsession with all things Kobe. They are the biggest flip floppers in the world, first it's TEAMS win championships now it's if LEBRON beats the Lakers like he'd be doing it all by himself. No if Lebron beats the Lakers that still won't make him better than Kobe, Duncan or Shaq. He still has the most stacked team in the league, the only one of the Lakers big 4 that's in their prime is Howard. For a fan base that thinks Lebron is already better than Kobe ever was it's funny how Kobe is always the measuring stick for success.

Well said:bowdown: :applause: :applause: :bowdown:

RRR3
08-10-2012, 06:49 PM
The irony. :rolleyes: The irony the irony the irony :roll: :roll: :roll: Lord the delicious ****in' irony :roll: :roll:

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2012, 06:52 PM
At last, someone finally said it.
Aesirs is the man.

RRR3
08-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Aesirs is the man.
http://www.thinkhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/spawn185.jpg
:confusedshrug: :biggums:

BMOGEFan
08-10-2012, 06:59 PM

WOW...kobe is the best shooting guard now...shit

any excuses for lebron to fail works.

Nevaeh
08-10-2012, 07:01 PM
This is why im excited to actually see this trade happen. I want to see Lebron take this team down. And even if Miami loses, its going to be worth it alone for the matchup. If he beats that stacked team, and wins MVP next season, he is in Shaq/Duncan range. I don't see how he wouldn't move ahead of Kobe in that situation. In a hypothetical series, I think Miami beats them. Dwight would be a serious problem, but I got Miami in 6.

Have to admit it's a great story line though; an "Evil Super Team taking down an even More Evil Superteam". But realistically, this Laker Team's not "evil", they just had to make moves after 2 straight 2nd round exits.

RRR3
08-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Have to admit it's a great story line though; an "Evil Super Team taking down an even More Evil Superteam". But realistically, this Laker Team's not "evil", they just had to make moves after 2 straight 2nd round exits.
Think of how much you could troll all the mamba boys if the Heat won though:lol

KingBeasley08
08-10-2012, 07:07 PM
I didn't even mention Kobe you dumb clown. Someones getting a little ahead of themselves

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2012, 07:08 PM
http://www.thinkhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/spawn185.jpg
:confusedshrug: :biggums:

Yes, that's my avatar.

Heavincent
It's pretty sad that both Spoelstra and Brown have no business being the coaches of these super teams. That would be the worst part about this Finals matchup.

RRR3
Yes, that's my avatar.
whats it about

BankShot
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
The forming of this "super team" in L.A. is exactly what Lebron needs to take his legacy to the next level of basketball immortality.

Lebron/Durant was nice and all, but the basketball world has been yearning for a Kobe/Lebron finals for years.

It could be an interesting series between the Lakers' size, and the fact that the Heat are so much more effective playing small. One has to break.

longtime lurker
08-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I didn't even mention Kobe you dumb clown. Someones getting a little ahead of themselves

Hmmm I wonder who this thread is a thinly veiled shot at that just happens to play on the Lakers? And since when does beating 1 team vault someone up in the all time rankings?

Nevaeh
08-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Think of how much you could troll all the mamba boys if the Heat won though:lol

I honestly look at it from different angles. Older veterans got off the hook last season with fewer games to play. This year, that won't be the case. Kobe, even while struggling, still participated in this year's olympics. There's no telling how that might effect his performance next season.

It's gonna take time for "first option" guys like Nash and Dwight to gel with a ball dominant player for the first time in their careers. I also don't think Dwight will be a big fan of seeing his "first option" stock drop over the course of the season either. Laker fans thought Bynum was a pain in the neck? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Also, the "Elephant in the Room" is still the Thunder, a team that had it's 2 star Players averaging 30 PPG in their first Finals last season, who'll be a year older with better B-Ball IQ, and just itching to get back at the Heat.

Lebron and the Heat, of course, want to prove that last year's title wasn't a "fluke" that was handed to them by the League. Too many subplots to latch onto this coming season. Won't even bring up the "sleeper" teams, waiting to cause upsets in both conferences. Should be a great season, so long as everyone stays healthy.

:cheers:

TheAesirsFinest
08-10-2012, 07:18 PM
It's pretty sad that both Spoelstra and Brown have no business being the coaches of these super teams. That would be the worst part about this Finals matchup.

and another one for good measure: :applause:

On one side - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPb2nZPxffU - Mike "I can't form a simple sentence" Brown.

On the other, Erik "don't let go of the rope" Spoelstra. At least Spo didn't **** up in the Finals and possibly told LeBron to operate out of the post more. Then again, Scott Brooks didn't exactly test his coaching chops either.

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
whats it about

To make a long story short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ARq_2duhIGU#t=172s

Also, check out the old TV Series, to also get a feel of it:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD988563AAAD4DE90&feature=plcp

RRR3
08-10-2012, 07:24 PM
To make a long story short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ARq_2duhIGU#t=172s

Also, check out the old TV Series, to also get a feel of it:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD988563AAAD4DE90&feature=plcp
interesting not many black superheroes...

RRR3
08-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Also thread diversion, since both aesirs and legends are here :D

Since you both like asian girls, do you like this girl (Li Sha Sha)?

http://images.weiphone.com/attachments/Day_120517/240_3962034_a59c903506acf42.jpg
look her up if so:cheers:

Jax
08-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Win against the big 4 + metta? GOAT.

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
She's a Chinese model... hmmm, never seen her before, thanks. :cheers:

Yeah, she's cute.

RRR3
08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
She's a Chinese model... hmmm, never seen her before, thanks. :cheers:

Yeah, she's cute.
:cheers:

TheAesirsFinest
08-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Not a fan of that weird Chinese model photography style, but yes, I like.

RRR3
08-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Not a fan of that weird Chinese model photography style, but yes, I like.
I thought you would :cheers: :rockon: :pimp:

What do you mean by "weird chinese photography style"? :confusedshrug:

sodap
08-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Who is this If Lebron guy people keep talking about?

Mach_3
08-10-2012, 07:42 PM
So Lebron is gonna play the Lakers 1 on 5 in this hypothetical finals?:biggums:

KingBeasley08
08-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Hmmm I wonder who this thread is a thinly veiled shot at that just happens to play on the Lakers? And since when does beating 1 team vault someone up in the all time rankings?
Not at all. Beating a good team to win a championship doesn't vault someone up the rankings? News to me

pauk
08-10-2012, 08:33 PM

This.

GreatGreg
08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
The ultimate bitch slap to Kobe and his stans...
It would be one of the greatest things to ever happen in basketball history

tikay0
08-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I still think the overall speed of OKC/Heat can maybe overwhelm them, but at the same time, Dwight more than makes up for that lack of perimeter athleticism.

amfirst
08-10-2012, 09:50 PM
What happens if LeBron avg 4 points and beats the Lakers?