PDA

View Full Version : I Would Be Pissed If I Were Bynum

SilkkTheShocker
08-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Dude got traded to a team that is going nowhere. Only reason they made the 2nd round is because of injury. Yea, he is getting paid, but I wouldn't want to live in Philly. At least he is closer to where he grew up. Would have much rather seen him in Cleveland or Houston.

Sarcastic
08-10-2012, 03:45 PM
They have banks in Philly. He's fine.

wang4three
08-10-2012, 03:47 PM
The Sixers look pretty good if you ask me. They may be this year's Pacers.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-10-2012, 03:47 PM
As long as he has his mom, his money, his cars and his computers he's fine.

Levity
08-10-2012, 03:49 PM
As long as he has his mom, his money, his cars and his computers he's fine.

Add a few handicap parking spaces, and hes in heaven

kennethgriffin
08-10-2012, 03:50 PM
maybe he shouldnt have sat on the bench and refused to listen to mike brown all year during time outs

kurt_rambis
08-10-2012, 03:50 PM
i'm sorta rooting for the sixers. the nba is better when philly is competitive....and on paper they seem like a decent squad

SilkkTheShocker
08-10-2012, 03:51 PM
The Sixers look pretty good if you ask me. They may be this year's Pacers.

Pacers still more talented imo. This team's ceiling is a 2nd round team at best. Than again, if Bynum is just about the money, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Dictator
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Bynum doesn't give a chit. He has 2 rings already. All he has to do is statpad and get richer now.

SilkkTheShocker
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
maybe he shouldnt have sat on the bench and refused to listen to mike brown all year during time outs

Im not saying he is a saint. If im Kupchak, I do that trade 12 times out of 10. Dwight fits the Lakers way better. Just would have rather seen him go to an exciting team that could contend one day. Not some turd treadmill team.

d.bball.guy
08-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I want him to be successful. I'm probably gonna jump on the Sixers bandwagon because of Bynum.

Eat Like A Bosh
He'll be fine. He's still getting paid, he still has his cars and everything, plus he already has 2 rings.

Styles p
Dude got traded to a team that is going nowhere. Only reason they made the 2nd round is because of injury. Yea, he is getting paid, but I wouldn't want to live in Philly. At least he is closer to where he grew up. Would have much rather seen him in Cleveland or Houston.
i love how everyone likes to shit on the city of philly. have you ever been there? and really cleveland and houston and where exactly are those teams going?

SpecialQue
08-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Oh shut the fvck up. It's not like he was traded to a disaster of a team that's never made the playoffs.

knickswin
08-10-2012, 03:55 PM
he's from southern jersey (princeton-plainsboro), so philly might actually be somewhat desirable for him because it'll be close to home.

RRR3
08-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh shut the fvck up. It's not like he was traded to a disaster of a team that's never made the playoffs.
I doubt Bynum would care if he got traded to the Bobcatsanyways.

"There's banks in Charlotte"
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/andrew-bynum.jpg

LebronsHeadband
08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I like how OP said Cleveland or Houston like they even made the playoffs last year. I guess putting Bynum in Cleveland or Houston would make them better teams, but putting him in Philly still leaves Philly going nowhere.

ihoopallday
08-10-2012, 04:10 PM
As long as Doug Collins lets him shoot at least 2-3 three pointers a game, he'll be fine.

SilkkTheShocker
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
I like how OP said Cleveland or Houston like they even made the playoffs last year. I guess putting Bynum in Cleveland or Houston would make them better teams, but putting him in Philly still leaves Philly going nowhere.

Cleveland has a superstar caliber player in Irving. And Houston has more talent imo than Philly. Philly is at best a 4/5 seed.

amfirst
08-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Why r u hating on philly. If the Cavs or Houston really wanted him they should have traded for him instead of running around the bushes.

Pointguard
08-10-2012, 04:21 PM

If Bynum played harder he would have never been traded. He should be pissed at himself.

Godzuki
08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
he should be happy since Collins will force feed him inside, and he'll be dominating the touches most games i'd think, on top of him getting respect which he wasn't in LA, nor the touches. a team without a lot of other stars is perfect for him, only downside is its philly. pretty shitty place to live imo...

lakers will regret trading him after next season i bet...he's going to blow up.

UtahJazzFan88
08-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Bynum grew up in a NJ area which is very close to Philly area, guy is a #1 option on a 3-5 seed in the East, and is due for a fat contract, why be pissed?

Jailblazers7
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Bynum is probably happy that he is going to a team with a bunch of unselfish young guys in the city near his hometown. I'm sure its cool playing with Kobe in LA but I'm sure Bynum was frustrated at time by Kobe's shot selection and leadership style.

Jailblazers7
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
And have some of you guys even been to Philly? I don't get why people think its such a shitty place to live.

swi7ch
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Swimming in millions? Nah.

Batz
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
What?

Jrue Holiday - Solid young point guard

Evan Turner - He's just getting started

Doug Collins - I can't think of a better coach for Bynum. Maybe Kevin McHale?

Philly - I heard he now plays just an hour away from where he grew up? A fantastic city with great fan-base.

Money - He's loaded for a lifetime now

Glad Bynum ended up in Philly as opposed to Cleveland, Houston or Magic. I'm gonna be watching alot of 76ers games this year!

DaSeba5
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
He only cares about getting paid. He's already won rings.

knickswin
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
And have some of you guys even been to Philly? I don't get why people think its such a shitty place to live.

lol, I think Philly sucks, at least compared to LA. kind of a dinky city tbh.

but there are some nice areas, it's not too far from new york, and it's very close to princeton-plainsboro. and sesame place.

DTreats
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
He only cares about getting paid. He's already won rings.
He just has two "Bosh rings", totally meaningless since he played such a minor role in his team winning, similar to Chris Bosh this year.

JellyBean
08-10-2012, 04:52 PM
If I was Bynum, Andrew that is, I would take advantage of this moment. Folks are saying that he can become a great player. Well now is his chance. He can't blame Kobe anymore. This is your moment, AndrewBynum.

Godzuki
08-10-2012, 04:55 PM

its run down and just ugly, other than the business district....

ihoopallday
08-10-2012, 04:56 PM
He just has two "Bosh rings", totally meaningless since he played such a minor role in his team winning, similar to Chris Bosh this year.

We don't beat OKC without Bosh.

Lebron23
08-10-2012, 04:57 PM
If I was Bynum, Andrew that is, I would take advantage of this moment. Folks are saying that he can become a great player. Well now is his chance. He can't blame Kobe anymore. This is your moment, AndrewBynum.

Bynum will put up monster numbers this season.

YAWN
08-10-2012, 05:05 PM
http://i48.twitgoo.com/2q9fggl.jpg

But, yeah I expect Bynum to beast in Philly. He'll be happy. 22/12/2 , ASG starting center, challenge for All NBA 1st team, and $$$.

Jailblazers7
08-10-2012, 05:14 PM

But, yeah I expect Bynum to beast in Philly. He'll be happy. 22/12/2 , ASG starting center, challenge for All NBA 1st team, and $$$.

:oldlol:

The second frame of that picture cracks me up.

Mr. Jabbar
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Thats were shooting 3's as a center gets you to :lol

AAckley1
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Only on ISH do rings get discounted simply because a player isn't the most talented player on his team. I've never heard a single player say "oh we'll I was only the 3rd best player on my team so I don't want these rings"

kobesabi
08-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Why would he? He was getting his Zen moment...and usually rolled his eyes to whatever in almost every games

imnew09
08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
He didn't mind about Cleveland, what makes you think he will get pissed off with Sixers?

longtime lurker
08-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Lakers chose Kobe over another big man again :kobe:

longtime lurker
08-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Only on ISH do rings get discounted simply because a player isn't the most talented player on his team. I've never heard a single player say "oh we'll I was only the 3rd best player on my team so I don't want these rings"

Well to be fair Bynum was pretty much a non factor for two of those rings. :confusedshrug:

madmax17
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
he's from southern jersey (princeton-plainsboro), so philly might actually be somewhat desirable for him because it'll be close to home.Is that the main reason the Sixers took a gamble with him? Cause Lebron was closer to home in Cleveland. Just saying :D

And 1
08-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Most, if not all NBA players don't care what 'option' they are on their ring-winning team. A ring is a ring, and Bynum's got 2. :pimp:

IGOTGAME
08-10-2012, 06:21 PM
If you have watched his career then you know he always wanted this.

TMacMagic
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Thats were shooting 3's as a center gets you to :lol

He was feeling like Dirk fo a minute. :yaohappy:

PHILA
08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
If I was Bynum, Andrew that is, I would take advantage of this moment. Folks are saying that he can become a great player. Well now is his chance.

Longterm commitment or not, we must remember that two of the Sixers past dominant centers Wilt & Big Mo didn't stay that long either, only 3-4 years. But they were dominant in that stretch. If Bynum is the league MVP & leads the team to a championship, he will forever be an immortal. :bowdown:

wang4three
08-10-2012, 06:26 PM
he's from southern jersey (princeton-plainsboro), so philly might actually be somewhat desirable for him because it'll be close to home.

Princeton-Plainsboro is not Southern New Jersey. It's Central.

crisoner
08-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Bynum got two titles with the Lakers and now he will be the main guy on a legendary Philly franchise. Why feel bad for him?

Kappy
08-10-2012, 06:53 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/28086cx.jpg

midatlantic09
08-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Seems like a pretty sweet deal for Bynum because of the following:

-he's certain to get max money from Philly
-Philly is about 1-1.5 hrs away from his hometown and he'll get to see family more often.
-he'll be the star player for the first time in his NBA career.
-cost of living in the Philly area is much lower than LA ($16 mil in Philly is like $30 mil in LA).
-he'll be 2 hours away from NYC if he wants to party it up.
-he can still live in LA during the offseason if he wishes to.

LoneyROY7
08-10-2012, 08:21 PM
From a mere city-to-city perspective, moving from LA to Philly is gonna suck.

MrWarrior
08-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Add a few handicap parking spaces, and hes in heaven

:lebronamazed:

midatlantic09
08-10-2012, 08:27 PM
From a mere city-to-city perspective, moving from LA to Philly is gonna suck.

But he's been in LA for 6 years; I'm sure leaving the city isn't as big as a deal as you think it is. In fact, there's a good chance he's somewhat tired of it and wants a change.

Him leaving LA is no different than a dude leaving LA who just spent the last 6 years in LA getting his ugrad and masters degrees from USC. After a while, the appeal of LA starts to fade.

Yung D-Will
08-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I think this is a great situation for Bynum. Something I've noticed, with players that have won championships early within their career, is their mentality usually ends up being the complete opposite of the normal nba player. The normal NBA player plays for stats and a paycheck early in their career and then transitions later into their career into focusing soley on winning championships. For guys like Bynum they've won so early on in their career, so now is the time they're focusing on gettin paid and establishing themselves as elite players.

Droid101
08-10-2012, 08:54 PM
But he's been in LA for 6 years; I'm sure leaving the city isn't as big as a deal as you think it is. In fact, there's a good chance he's somewhat tired of it and wants a change.

Him leaving LA is no different than a dude leaving LA who just spent the last 6 years in LA getting his ugrad and masters degrees from USC. After a while, the appeal of LA starts to fade.
75 degree weather every day and being in the center of all the celebrities/actors/peers doesn't fade. :D

Godzuki
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Bynum grew up in a NJ area which is very close to Philly area, guy is a #1 option on a 3-5 seed in the East, and is due for a fat contract, why be pissed?

another pretty shitty place to live tho

swi7ch
08-10-2012, 09:06 PM

Ban for the N**** word! :no:

PejaNowitzki
08-10-2012, 10:02 PM
They have banks in Philly. He's fine.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

tmacattack33
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM

Dumb post. Philly is definitely ahead of Houston and Cleveland.

They are also a big market (I believe bigger than Houston...not sure...but they definitely would be if you count in the surrounding towns). And oh yeah, Bynum grew up in NJ. So I'm sure he couldn't give a F about Houston or Cleveland.