View Full Version : Final Roster

kkinchen
08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Nash/Duhon/Goudelock
Bryant/Meeks/DJO
Peace/Ebanks/Barnes
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

That means Blake, Morris, and Murphy end up somewhere else. That looks pretty good to me on paper.

DKLaker
08-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Ebanks/Austin Daye
Pau/Jamison/Earl Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

I say trade Goudelock and Morris for Austin Daye, let Barnes and Murphy walk and we have a dream team.

Austin Daye??? Are you kidding me :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
GOUDELOCK >>>>>>>>>>>>>Daye & Johnson-Odom

Please explain and back up with some numbers to say this makes the least bit of sense.

DKLaker
08-10-2012, 11:18 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AzkNoX9CMAA-e9O.jpg:large

kobesabi
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Me like! Now we can have '300' Showtime!

takai
08-11-2012, 01:12 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Kobe needs to be in the middle though. It's definitely still his team.

talkingconch
08-11-2012, 01:53 PM
lakers r bake

expect a lot of new ''fans''

magicmanfan
08-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Ebanks/Austin Daye
Pau/Jamison/Earl Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

I say trade Goudelock and Morris for Austin Daye, let Barnes and Murphy walk and we have a dream team.

I want to juggle some players....

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Howard/?????/Sacre

Just one hole to fill.... Birdman would fit nicely!!!

Mitch, you are a genius!!!

magicmanfan
08-11-2012, 02:11 PM

sweet!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

All Net
08-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Be nice to add another Shooter... Redd maybe

kkinchen
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Austin Daye??? Are you kidding me :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
GOUDELOCK >>>>>>>>>>>>>Daye & Johnson-Odom

Please explain and back up with some numbers to say this makes the least bit of sense.
Daye is a similar athlete to durant. He can become a defensive answer to durant. Goudelock was garbage in summer league.

DKLaker
08-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Daye is a similar athlete to durant. He can become a defensive answer to durant. Goudelock was garbage in summer league.

Summer league.....who gives a #@%$^ He played great in the REAL SEASON.
Daye :facepalm :facepalm based on what makes you thing he can guard Durant??? :facepalm That's like all the guys who thought Lamar Odom would be what Lebron James is. Did you ever see Daye lock anyone down? Are there any stats to show Daye can defend? I see him as a worse shooting Brian Cook.....no thanks :oldlol:

lakerfreak
08-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Thats a sick pic DK. I say that the photo is fitting simply because Dwight will eventually be the leader of this team, provided that he stays past the 12-13 season.

talkingconch - That always happens, I agree. Expect a lot of fans to be from Orlando. Guys who are probably seen as "Dwight fans" rather than Magic fans.

DKLaker
08-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Austin Daye;
http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/08/kevin-durants-lessons-could-pay-off-big-for-austin-daye/

As troubling as it seems at first glance to hear Daye say it’s hard to teach him new things, he’s right. For a player his age and caliber, he’s very polished. Most guys so young struggle because their skills are so raw. That’s not the case for Daye. He hasn’t earned a permanent rotation spot yet because his defense and mental focus drift too often, not because his skills lack refinement.

This article is from August 2011 NOT this year, he proceeded to have his worst season and is known to be as big a "Summer League Star, Real Season Bust" as Adam Morrison.

Last season .322% shooting .210% 3pt :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Despite the mostly complimentary article he is doing nothing but getting worse in games that count.

kkinchen
08-12-2012, 11:23 PM

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Howard/?????/Sacre

Bird man
Oden?
Kenyon
Haddadi
Nast mohammed

kkinchen
08-12-2012, 11:25 PM
:coleman:

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Howard/?????/Sacre

Bird man
Oden
Kenyon

DKLaker
08-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Bird man
Oden
Kenyon

Can Oden even make it from the locker room onto the court :no: :no: :no:

I'd be happy with Bird man or Kenyon

kobe080
08-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
Kobe/Meeks/Goudelock
MWP/Ebanks
Pau/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill

We got 14 players. Maybe sign DJO or Sacre and we'll round out the full roster.

I have this feeling we probably won't sign our two 2nd rd picks tho.

Crown&Coke
08-13-2012, 02:16 PM
team is stacked. Jordan Hill will play the backup 5 almost exclusively I think. and Jamison will play backup 4 exclusively, I really don't see him playing the 3 unless Brown wants a shooter in there not named Kobe or Meeks

I would prefer one more athlete on the wing but honestly Lakers have no space and at this point might be reluctant to add that 15 guy due to wanting some roster flexibility as well as money wise if the dude wont see court time.

I hope Johnson-Odom makes it, personal preference.

I would love me some KMart, him + Dwight would be sick on P&R defense. Last year Kenyon played a ton of 5 and still did a beyond solid job. Word around the block is he wants more than the min, but I really don't see a team with money left wanting him. Cleveland will not want to take time from their young pup, so they are out.

magicmanfan
08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Bird man
Oden
Kenyon

Birdman :cheers:

Oden??? :confusedshrug: why has no one picked him up? Does he want too much?
:facepalm

magicmanfan
08-13-2012, 03:50 PM
team is stacked. Jordan Hill will play the backup 5 almost exclusively I think. and Jamison will play backup 4 exclusively, I really don't see him playing the 3 unless Brown wants a shooter in there not named Kobe or Meeks

I would love me some KMart, him + Dwight would be sick on P&R defense. Last year Kenyon played a ton of 5 and still did a beyond solid job. Word around the block is he wants more than the min, but I really don't see a team with money left wanting him. Cleveland will not want to take time from their young pup, so they are out.

1. Pau has to play the 5 at times too... Some backups are going to be too big for Hill.

2. I see Jamison and Meeks playing together at the 2 and 3... They'll be the
key shot takers in that second lineup....

3. I like your idea of Martin being used as a 5 from time to time... I do
think we need some more depth at the C though......

magicmanfan
08-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
Kobe/Meeks/Goudelock
MWP/Ebanks
Pau/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill

We got 14 players. Maybe sign DJO or Sacre and we'll round out the full roster.

I have this feeling we probably won't sign our two 2nd rd picks tho.

Maybe Morris too? (thinking we need another big and want to start with 14)

lakerfreak
08-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Can Oden even make it from the locker room onto the court :no: :no: :no:

I'd be happy with Bird man or Kenyon

Perhaps if he was carried on the court with a stretcher, with armed body guards surrounding him.

I'd be fine with Birdman or Kenyon too. To me, when you get either of those guys, you get the same exact player anyways. I like Martin because he's got this attitude where he has his teammates' backs...Him and Ron Ron would be a good "tough guy" duo.

Birdman just scares me lol.

kkinchen
08-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Howard/?????/Sacre

Nope. Brown likes stretch 4's and that is what jamison is gonna be. I say we need a third string sf to round out our roster. Trade goudelock and morris for a quality defensive minded sf (Maybe Terrence Williams from Sacramento). Sign Johnson-Odom and Sacre. Dream Team.

kkinchen
08-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Austin Daye;
http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/08/kevin-durants-lessons-could-pay-off-big-for-austin-daye/

This article is from August 2011 NOT this year, he proceeded to have his worst season and is known to be as big a "Summer League Star, Real Season Bust" as Adam Morrison.

Despite the mostly complimentary article he is doing nothing but getting worse in games that count.

How about Terrence Williams from Sacramento then?

DKLaker
08-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Nope. Brown likes stretch 4's and that is what jamison is gonna be. I say we need a third string sf to round out our roster. Trade goudelock and morris for a quality defensive minded sf (Maybe Terrence Williams from Sacramento). Sign Johnson-Odom and Sacre. Dream Team.

Terrance Williams = :no: :no: :no: He's not as good as Metta or Ebanks...don't need him at all. If we trade Goudelock it better be for a guy who can REALLY play.

takai
08-14-2012, 12:24 AM
I still believe in this. One day...
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/killaplaya247/love2x-large.jpg

Crown&Coke
08-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Chris Duhon only has 1.5 of his 3.5 million salary guaranteed for next year. Unless he balls his tail off, he is gone by trade to a team wanting to shed salary (probably unlikely since LA might want to be a team trying to shed salary) or he simply gets cut.

I actually want to see him play some defense against those guards who always torch the backcourt. Guys like Goatbrook, Tony Parker, CP3, Lawson, etc

if he can play a little defense in which those guys don't just fly by and get into the paint seemingly at will, I would be more than happy

kkinchen
08-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Terrance Williams = :no: :no: :no: He's not as good as Metta or Ebanks...don't need him at all. If we trade Goudelock it better be for a guy who can REALLY play.

I think you're sleeping on T Will. And what is the obsession with Goudelock? He was garbage in the summer league. If he was a quality player he should have been dropping 20 a night with ease on those scrubs. He's a scrub.

Check out my boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5b0nMl1gw&feature=related

DKLaker
08-25-2012, 04:23 PM
I think you're sleeping on T Will. And what is the obsession with Goudelock? He was garbage in the summer league. If he was a quality player he should have been dropping 20 a night with ease on those scrubs. He's a scrub.

Check out my boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5b0nMl1gw&feature=related

It's called SUMMER LEAGUE, if you are already an NBA player with a spot on the team you just go there to get in shape or work on a few things.....get a freaking clue dude :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

In case you missed it he did great during the REAL SEASON which is the only thing that matters. I LMAO a couple years ago when guys got all excited because Adam Morrison lit it up in Summer League, I told those guys it didn't mean crap and that IMO he just doesn't move like an NBA player....too stiff, too slow, poor release, slow instincts.......100% correct.

If I had a dollar for every summer league superstar who was an NBA bust, I could buy the New Orleans Hornets :D

What, do you watch warm-ups before an NBA game and think Kobe has lost his skills because he misses a few shots :hammerhead:

If T-Will isn't better than Metta or Ebanks then we have no use for him at all.

kkinchen
08-25-2012, 08:04 PM
It's called SUMMER LEAGUE, if you are already an NBA player with a spot on the team you just go there to get in shape or work on a few things.....get a freaking clue dude :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

In case you missed it he did great during the REAL SEASON which is the only thing that matters. I LMAO a couple years ago when guys got all excited because Adam Morrison lit it up in Summer League, I told those guys it didn't mean crap and that IMO he just doesn't move like an NBA player....too stiff, too slow, poor release, slow instincts.......100% correct.

If I had a dollar for every summer league superstar who was an NBA bust, I could buy the New Orleans Hornets :D

What, do you watch warm-ups before an NBA game and think Kobe has lost his skills because he misses a few shots :hammerhead:

If T-Will isn't better than Metta or Ebanks then we have no use for him at all.

I normally respect your opinion but you are just flat out wrong on this one. This guy has the toughness of Metta and his athleticism compares to Iguodala. Coach him up and he will be a nice replacement for Metta presumably when he moves on in 2014.

As for the summer league stuff, it does matter. Morrison played well in summer league because the level of competition is more comparable to college level players. If Goudelock couldn't at least play at the same level as Morrison in summer league, we should be really concerned. Face it bro. The dude is a scrub. We don't need his 4.4 points per game on 39% shooting. SCRUB.

DKLaker
08-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I normally respect your opinion but you are just flat out wrong on this one. This guy has the toughness of Metta and his athleticism compares to Iguodala. Coach him up and he will be a nice replacement for Metta presumably when he moves on in 2014.

As for the summer league stuff, it does matter. Morrison played well in summer league because the level of competition is more comparable to college level players. If Goudelock couldn't at least play at the same level as Morrison in summer league, we should be really concerned. Face it bro. The dude is a scrub. We don't need his 4.4 points per game on 39% shooting. SCRUB.

2 years in the league and hasn't done anything nor earned a starting spot....I'll pass. Goudelock has shown he can play in REAL NBA games.

Your evaluation of talent???? :confusedshrug:

BallsOut
08-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Lakers need to use the remainder of the mini MLE and pickup Barbosa. The man averaged 16pts on 40% 3pt shooting in the Olympics leading his Brazilian team.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter and has excellent chemistry with Steve Nash. I like the Meeks signing, but Barbosa on the Lakers is really a no brainer. Find a way to dump Blake, preferably in a S&T to Indiana with cash to make it work.

I also wouldn't mind them using the remaining veteran's minimum, if they still have it, on Matt Barnes. He was their best bench player all season and injuries limited his productiveness/playing time in the playoffs.

PG: Nash | Barbosa | Duhon | Morris
SG: Bryant | Meeks | Goudelock
SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark
C: Howard | Hill

:bowdown:

Thoughts?

DKLaker
08-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Lakers need to use the remainder of the mini MLE and pickup Barbosa. The man averaged 16pts on 40% 3pt shooting in the Olympics leading his Brazilian team.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter and has excellent chemistry with Steve Nash. I like the Meeks signing, but Barbosa on the Lakers is really a no brainer. Find a way to dump Blake, preferably in a S&T to Indiana with cash to make it work.

I also wouldn't mind them using the remaining veteran's minimum, if they still have it, on Matt Barnes. He was their best bench player all season and injuries limited his productiveness/playing time in the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Barbosa is a shooting guard NOT a point guard.....we have that spot covered so I'd pass.

Matt Barnes is not expected to re-sign with the Lakers....but since his legal troubles he's not as desirable for other teams......he may have to take a pay cut.

I would definitely like to see Steve Blake get traded.....he's not worth the $4mil we're paying him......plus I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere after some horrible, so called fans threatened him and his family.

I'm most in favor of getting some toughness with K-Mart or Birdman to fill out the roster.

ihatetimthomas
08-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Austin Daye;

He was playing through a ankle injury all season last year. This is the reason for his lack of PT and decline in production.

DKLaker
08-26-2012, 08:49 PM
He was playing through a ankle injury all season last year. This is the reason for his lack of PT and decline in production.

Ok, that is a legit reason however Detroit is not high on his ability at this time....a sign that they don't that injury is the big problem.

Eat Like A Bosh
08-26-2012, 08:56 PM

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Howard/?????/Sacre

Hill works fine as a backup 5. He held his own against the Thunder with Bynum out. Remember? Jamison is a 4.

crisoner
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
We have a log jam at the point position..

What the Lakers need is another big while Howard is out.

Martin?

We can also use another SF/SG type player.

But really for the most part this team is good to go.

ihatetimthomas
08-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Ok, that is a legit reason however Detroit is not high on his ability at this time....a sign that they don't that injury is the big problem.

I think they are hoping he turns into a decent player...he has shown some flashes but very inconsistent. Either way, he is not what the Lakers need.

ihatetimthomas
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Barbosa is a shooting guard NOT a point guard.....we have that spot covered so I'd pass.

Matt Barnes is not expected to re-sign with the Lakers....but since his legal troubles he's not as desirable for other teams......he may have to take a pay cut.

I would definitely like to see Steve Blake get traded.....he's not worth the $4mil we're paying him......plus I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere after some horrible, so called fans threatened him and his family.

I'm most in favor of getting some toughness with K-Mart or Birdman to fill out the roster.

Legal issues or not, I think Barnes was going to have to settle on the min. A lot of guys of his caliber are getting the min.

I think Blake can do better in a role where he knows he can handle which is going to be very limited. I think he couldnt handle the pressure when he came to LA bc everyone was hoping he would be the answer at the point. 4 mil is too much but not going to get much in return.

Kmart would be great for LA bc of his man defense and he can play both positions. Would he be willing to play with such little time he would get once Dwight returns? I can see Birdman willing to come for the min and accept limited minutes.

DKLaker
08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Legal issues or not, I think Barnes was going to have to settle on the min. A lot of guys of his caliber are getting the min.

I think Blake can do better in a role where he knows he can handle which is going to be very limited. I think he couldnt handle the pressure when he came to LA bc everyone was hoping he would be the answer at the point. 4 mil is too much but not going to get much in return.

Kmart would be great for LA bc of his man defense and he can play both positions. Would he be willing to play with such little time he would get once Dwight returns? I can see Birdman willing to come for the min and accept limited minutes.

Yeah, I read that Birdman is worried that he won't get an NBA contract and is very anxious to sign for the minimum. I suspect that same reality is starting to hit Kmart.....the time for holding out for more money has passed this year.

Yes, you are 100% correct about Barnes.....I do feel a bit sorry for him, and I bet he wants back in now because of the championship quality roster......I don't know what Mitch wants for that last player....SF/PF or C combo.

ihatetimthomas
08-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I read that Birdman is worried that he won't get an NBA contract and is very anxious to sign for the minimum. I suspect that same reality is starting to hit Kmart.....the time for holding out for more money has passed this year.

Yes, you are 100% correct about Barnes.....I do feel a bit sorry for him, and I bet he wants back in now because of the championship quality roster......I don't know what Mitch wants for that last player....SF/PF or C combo.

Kmart really over valued his worth. While he is coming off a pretty successful stint in LA with the Clippers, not much money is being shelled out for old players.

Tons of players are being overpaid, but one thing in common is that they are all young players. Notice barely any old guys are getting more than min contracts.

Honestly, Martin is best fit in Miami where he will have a bigger role than he would here in LA.

lakerfreak
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM

In retrospect, he should have signed with Cleveland for 3 years/ 9 million. He doesn't get anything close to that anymore IMO.

Its a shame. He hustles, and he can put numbers on the board. He's also a very loyal player. How does someone like him not command that much money?

ihatetimthomas
08-27-2012, 04:23 PM
In retrospect, he should have signed with Cleveland for 3 years/ 9 million. He doesn't get anything close to that anymore IMO.

Its a shame. He hustles, and he can put numbers on the board. He's also a very loyal player. How does someone like him not command that much money?

Its always made me wonder why he was a career journeyman and always signed for near min deals in a time where a ton of money was being shelled out to a lot of lower tier players.

He has made a impact on every team he has ever played for the last 6 years. In Golden state, Orlando, Phoenix and the Lakers.

He has made 11 million in his 9 year career...thats pretty low for a guy who has been able to be a rotational player for the last 6 or so years.

DKLaker
08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Its always made me wonder why he was a career journeyman and always signed for near min deals in a time where a ton of money was being shelled out to a lot of lower tier players.

He has made a impact on every team he has ever played for the last 6 years. In Golden state, Orlando, Phoenix and the Lakers.

He has made 11 million in his 9 year career...thats pretty low for a guy who has been able to be a rotational player for the last 6 or so years.

Just look at that and compare what we paid to Luke Walton and Steve Blake just to name 2 :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

kkinchen
08-29-2012, 06:47 PM

I wouldn't mind us dropping Blake. I think Duhon would be a solid backup to Nash.

kkinchen
08-29-2012, 06:53 PM

Thoughts?

This is pretty good, except I want DJO and Sacre to make the team, and I believe that they will because they both have the potential to be very good defenders. So maybe something like

Nash/Duhon/Goudelock
Bryant/Meeks/DJO
Peace/Ebanks/Barnes
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

That could work. That makes Morris the oddman out. But that would be fine because we need three point shooters, and Morris can't shoot. Most importantly, DKLaker gets to see his boyfriend(Goudelock) stay in a Lakers uniform.

DKLaker
08-29-2012, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't mind us dropping Blake. I think Duhon would be a solid backup to Nash.

I agree :cheers:

kkinchen
08-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I agree :cheers:

What do you think of my final roster?(above) Goudelock believes he can be the next Chauncey Billups so let him learn from Nash and Duhon how to play the point guard position.

And we have to keep DJO. Put a real niggaa on Russell Westbrook. That'll slow him down.

DKLaker
08-30-2012, 01:12 AM
This is pretty good, except I want DJO and Sacre to make the team, and I believe that they will because they both have the potential to be very good defenders. So maybe something like

Nash/Duhon/Goudelock
Bryant/Meeks/DJO
Peace/Ebanks/Barnes
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

That could work. That makes Morris the oddman out. But that would be fine because we need three point shooters, and Morris can't shoot. Most importantly, DKLaker gets to see his boyfriend(Goudelock) stay in a Lakers uniform.

KK :roll: You crack me up man:oldlol:

I don't think much of DJO nor Sacre......maybe I should think even less of them seeing how 24 yr old Jesse Buss is in charge of evaluating talent :banghead: Those guys can play for the Defenders and prove themselves there. Hmmm....another left handed Odom :oldlol:

1. Blake is still with the team
2. Let's see how Morris looks in Pre-season.....but Defenders looks to be his season too.
3. Matt Barnes is NOT expected to return

Goudelock proved himself last year during a real NBA season, unfortunately Mike Brown is clueless.

I'm only in favor of getting a veteran BIG at this point......my list is only Kmart and Birdman. Before anyone says it...NO Darko, Darko = Mihm :oldlol:

kkinchen
08-30-2012, 03:34 PM
KK :roll: You crack me up man:oldlol:

I don't think much of DJO nor Sacre......maybe I should think even less of them seeing how 24 yr old Jesse Buss is in charge of evaluating talent :banghead: Those guys can play for the Defenders and prove themselves there. Hmmm....another left handed Odom :oldlol:

1. Blake is still with the team
2. Let's see how Morris looks in Pre-season.....but Defenders looks to be his season too.
3. Matt Barnes is NOT expected to return

Goudelock proved himself last year during a real NBA season, unfortunately Mike Brown is clueless.

I'm only in favor of getting a veteran BIG at this point......my list is only Kmart and Birdman. Before anyone says it...NO Darko, Darko = Mihm :oldlol:

So, whats your final roster?

DKLaker
08-30-2012, 09:48 PM
DK's Final Roster

PG: Nash | Blake | Duhon | Morris
SF: Peace | Ebanks
PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark |Kmart

I would actually prefer to see Blake traded.....but oh well.

Kobe backed up by Meeks and G-lock :bowdown:

Peace backed up by Ebanks gives both the proper minutes.....time to develop Ebanks :rockon:

Gasol can also be used to spell minutes for Howard. I added Kmart to handle physical matchups in case Pau and Jamison are playing soft, or to just lock teams down with Duhon/Kobe/Metta/Kmart/Howard lineup :bowdown: at times when needed.

Howard/Hill + Gasol perfect at the C......better than any 2-3 center rotation in the league.

Let's win this Lakers!!!!!! :rockon: :cheers: :rockon:

tamaraw08
09-07-2012, 12:52 AM
DK's Final Roster

PG: Nash | Blake | Duhon | Morris
SF: Peace | Ebanks
PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark |Kmart

I would actually prefer to see Blake traded.....but oh well.

Kobe backed up by Meeks and G-lock :bowdown:

Peace backed up by Ebanks gives both the proper minutes.....time to develop Ebanks :rockon:

Gasol can also be used to spell minutes for Howard. I added Kmart to handle physical matchups in case Pau and Jamison are playing soft, or to just lock teams down with Duhon/Kobe/Metta/Kmart/Howard lineup :bowdown: at times when needed.

Howard/Hill + Gasol perfect at the C......better than any 2-3 center rotation in the league.

Let's win this Lakers!!!!!! :rockon: :cheers: :rockon:

I am aware that there are some important things that Blake doesn't do well like penetrating etc but the guy has a remarkable CAREER 3 pt FG% ave of 41% in the playoffs:pimp:
For the winner take all game 7 vs Denver last playoffs, Steve hit a crucial 5 of 6 3pt shots and the game was awfully close, I think Kobe "only scored" 19 pts
Just a little sample of player's playoff career ave from the 3pt line
Tony Parker- 29%
Westbrook- 29 %
Mo Williams, 34%
Kobe Bryant, 33%.
With creative players like Nash, Kobe and pretty good post players like Howard and Pau who will command double teams, I think it's imperative to have accurate shooters in the team.

lakerfreak
09-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I've always liked Steve Blake, but as he gets older, he loses so much quickness. I felt like three point shooting was the only thing he had going for him.

Perhaps if we use him as an off ball player, he might be able to get some minutes. I would prefer Duhon at this point though. He's had a better track record as a player. You all remember how well he played in Dantoni's system years ago right?

DKLaker
09-08-2012, 04:22 AM
I am aware that there are some important things that Blake doesn't do well like penetrating etc but the guy has a remarkable CAREER 3 pt FG% ave of 41% in the playoffs:pimp:
For the winner take all game 7 vs Denver last playoffs, Steve hit a crucial 5 of 6 3pt shots and the game was awfully close, I think Kobe "only scored" 19 pts
Just a little sample of player's playoff career ave from the 3pt line
Tony Parker- 29%
Westbrook- 29 %
Mo Williams, 34%
Kobe Bryant, 33%.
With creative players like Nash, Kobe and pretty good post players like Howard and Pau who will command double teams, I think it's imperative to have accurate shooters in the team.

Hitting a few shots SOMETIMES, but playing very poorly overall is not enough reason for being on the team....just think of Radmanovic, or Chucky Atkins, we just don't need that....and at 4 million per year under the current CBA and what comparable guys are being paid....he's making at least double what he's worth. Blake is just not a "Gamer" IMO.

tamaraw08
09-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Hitting a few shots SOMETIMES, but playing very poorly overall is not enough reason for being on the team....just think of Radmanovic, or Chucky Atkins, we just don't need that....and at 4 million per year under the current CBA and what comparable guys are being paid....he's making at least double what he's worth. Blake is just not a "Gamer" IMO.

Geez, A few shots, sometimes?:confusedshrug:
Wow.
Just last playoffs, he converted 18 out of 43 3pt shots
2 yrs ago, connected 6 out of 18 shots, I believe he had chicken pox or measles that is why he didn't get a lot of playing time.
For his career, he hit 42 out of 102 attempts from beyond 24 feet.
I understand there there were players who are over selective with their shots, hence their accuracy/FG% could be obscured.

lakerfreak
09-10-2012, 11:40 PM

You burnt me there a bit :D

I thought chucky atkins was a great offensive option next to Kobe. His defense was non-existent though.

All Net
09-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Hopefully dwight can make things easier for guys like Blake. Who knows.

kkinchen
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
We just signed Chris Douglas Roberts, so I expect him to make our final roster.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Meeks/Goudelock
Metta/Ebanks/Douglas Roberts
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

Everyone else gets shipped to the DLeague and we win the NBA Championship and DLeague championship. Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dd24
10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't expect CDR to make the roster. He'll be playing in the D-League more than likely.