PDA

View Full Version : According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

KG215
08-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Spanoulis and Navarro are both in the top 5 players in the world, and Spanoulis is even better than Navarro is.

That's right. Vassilis Spanoulis and Juan Carlos Navarro make up 40% of the 5 best players in the world in Euroleague's mind.

Oh, and after team USA decided they had enough of Navarro lighting them up, they actually decided to 'd' his ass up, and he scored 2 whole points in the second half.

plowking
08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Navarro clearly isn't a top 5 player, but he certainly is on that Tony Parker level. Had a great game today.

KG215
08-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Navarro clearly isn't a top 5 player, but he certainly is on that Tony Parker level. Had a great game today.

Not sure I'd go that far, either. I think he's an NBA caliber player, but I'm not sure I'd put him on Tony Parker's level.

stallionaire
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Parker is much much better.

LongLiveTheKing
08-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Wtf is wrong with that guy?

Overdrive
08-12-2012, 12:54 PM

No, he's a tier below. He's a good shooter, spot up and off the dribble, but he's nowhere near the creator. And as Tony Parker isn't the best creator himself I'd that's not a good thing. The other main difference is that Navarro, who I think is a very good player and might have been a perennial all-star, had he stayed in the NBA, isn't capable of being the lead dog with defensive attention centered on him.

He's good in a role where he can score, even more than the other(first option) guy, but not be the main focus. Meaning without the Gasols his output would drop down massively in FIBA play.

imo

Maga_1
08-12-2012, 12:55 PM
He's no top 5 in world, but he's CLEARLY a NBA Starter material.
Oh and btw, i agree with you but ... Navarro played injuried.

CavaliersFTW
08-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I have no reason to believe Navarro is anything better than a poor man's Cuttino Mobley. Dude would be able to play in the NBA, sure, but he's not even all-star worthy much less "top 5" :roll:

kennethgriffin
08-12-2012, 12:56 PM
joel anthony and samuel dalambert are top 5 players too

i'm canadian so they have to be

:lol

plowking
08-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I think if you give Navarro the same amount of time to get accustomed to the NBA style of play, and particularly a player friendly system like the Spurs, he'd be as good as Parker. Just my opinion. I think hes a better scorer, more refined/skilled when it comes to scoring, and I think hes as good on that pick and roll as Parker is. I agree though, his playmaking isn't up to the same ability, and yet Parker isn't that great himself, which is an issue for Navarro.

sodap
08-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Navarro would have had a really great NBA career (manu level) if he had been drafted when he was young, imho. He's not the player he could have been, and he's great anyway.

KG215
08-12-2012, 01:28 PM
No, he's a tier below. He's a good shooter, spot up and off the dribble, but he's nowhere near the creator. And as Tony Parker isn't the best creator himself I'd that's not a good thing. The other main difference is that Navarro, who I think is a very good player and might have been a perennial all-star, had he stayed in the NBA, isn't capable of being the lead dog with defensive attention centered on him.

He's good in a role where he can score, even more than the other(first option) guy, but not be the main focus. Meaning without the Gasols his output would drop down massively in FIBA play.

imo

If yo think he's a perennial all-star, then you're saying he's at least as good (if not better) than Parker. Parker has been in the league 11 seasons, and he's "only" been an all-star four times. That's good, but not in the "perennial" category like the guys making it basically every year of their prime unless injured.

Anyway, I do think Navarro can play in the NBA, and even start on some teams, but calling him one of the 5 best players in the world is hilarious.

Fiba basketball
08-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Prime Navarro is much better than Parker . In my opinion Navarro is better than Gasol and he is the best Spanish player but not top 5 in the world .

LamarOdom
08-12-2012, 01:36 PM

Are u stupid he is a turnover waiting to happen every time he dribbled the ball I was facepalming.

My NBA comparison to him is JJ Reddick a good shooter that can't handle the ball.

Deuce Bigalow
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
He put 'Crazed troll' as his custom title below his username. He's trolling :confusedshrug:

RRR3
08-12-2012, 01:39 PM
He put 'Crazed troll' as his custom title below his username. He's trolling :confusedshrug:
No he didn't. Jeff gave him that :lol

RoundMoundOfReb
08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Navarro could be a very good role player in the NBA IMO but top 5 LMFAO. So which one of Lebron durant dwight cp3 kobe wade is he better than?

SpanishACB
08-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I think if you give Navarro the same amount of time to get accustomed to the NBA style of play, and particularly a player friendly system like the Spurs, he'd be as good as Parker. Just my opinion. I think hes a better scorer, more refined/skilled when it comes to scoring, and I think hes as good on that pick and roll as Parker is. I agree though, his playmaking isn't up to the same ability, and yet Parker isn't that great himself, which is an issue for Navarro.

Agree with this post. His playmaking ability is not to go underrated though, the stretch where Spain actually played through him was one of Spain's best moments in today's game. He's a great handler and amazing at forcing the defensive fault in transition or just handling the ball outside.

He should of gone to the NBA earlier, as a youngster, he could of been an all star at least once, not saying it would be a certain thing if he went, but it would have been a likely possibility.

Snoop_Cat
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
JCN is certainly a good NBA player caliber athlete. Much better than Spanoulis. :rolleyes:

tmacattack33
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I've seriously seen more posts on here about this "EuroLeague" guy than actual posts from this guy.

Actually, i don't even specifically remember seeing any posts by him. I'm sure i've seen some of his threads though.

Deuce Bigalow
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
No he didn't. Jeff gave him that :lol
Really?

:roll:

RRR3
08-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Really?

:roll:
Yeah. Jeff gives people who piss him off titles like that

Some others I remember:
Dengness9 "crazed bulls fan"
Starjordan "irrational Jordan super fan"
32dayz "I argue against Kobe"

Rooster
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Navarro would have had a really great NBA career (manu level) if he had been drafted when he was young, imho. He's not the player he could have been, and he's great anyway.

No way he's on Manu level. He can't create his own shots like Manu.

Deuce Bigalow
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah. Jeff gives people who piss him off titles like that

Some others I remember:
Dengness9 "crazed bulls fan"
Starjordan "irrational Jordan super fan"
32dayz "I argue against Kobe"
So he has a serious case of metal retardation? Why hasn't ISH helped him by donating money to the national retard foundation?

SpanishACB
08-12-2012, 04:10 PM
No way he's on Manu level. He can't create his own shots like Manu.

Of course he can. Just because he was missused in memphis and asked to be a spot up shoter doesn't mean he isn't able to, just hit youtube and watch highlights of the guy.

KG215
08-12-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd like to see the rest of his top 5 and see if he ranks Spanoulis as the best player in the world.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Dude, why are you quoting that moron/troll? You look just as bad he does. :oldlol:

Rooster
08-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Of course he can. Just because he was missused in memphis and asked to be a spot up shoter doesn't mean he isn't able to, just hit youtube and watch highlights of the guy.

Highlights in Euroleague.:oldlol:

Maybe he can surprise people with his floaters but he's not on the same level like Manu on creating his own shot.

Maga_1
08-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Highlights in Euroleague.:oldlol:

Maybe he can surprise people with his floaters but he's not on the same level like Manu on creating his own shot.

I agree with this at some extent.
Ginobili is way more creative, more athletic than Navarro but Navarro as a casa in terms of actually shooting.

DaHeezy
08-12-2012, 05:22 PM
So he has a serious case of metal retardation? Why hasn't ISH helped him by donating money to the national retard foundation?

He needs it. Dude even insults with himself under his other username AirTupac.

steve
08-12-2012, 05:33 PM

Like when he was 22?

tmacattack33
08-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I had no idea who this Navarro person was before this thread.

I just looked it up...in 2007 he went to the NBA as a 27 year old...

He scored 10.9 ppg on 40 FG% and 9.4 FGA per game...2.2 assists per game and 1.6 turnovers per game. :yaohappy: :applause:

steve
08-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I had no idea who this Navarro person was before this thread.

I just looked it up...in 2007 he went to the NBA as a 27 year old...

He scored 10.9 ppg on 40 FG% and 9.4 FGA per game...2.2 assists per game and 1.6 turnovers per game. :yaohappy: :applause:

He's a player that for whatever reason gets overvalued in certain circles (one of the main reasons is he left the NBA in favor the ACB and Euroleague, and people like to latch on to those players). If he had stayed in the NBA or started playing when he had been drafted, he would've been a fairly good bench player. He's a good and crafty scorer but you can't really focus your offense around nor could he really be a consistent starter. The main reason for that is he's essentially a 6'2" shooting guard who may be one of the worst and most indifferent defenders I've ever seen. But still he would've been able to find a role in the NBA if he had stayed, but he'd be nowhere near the level of a Ginobili or Parker.

Euroleague
08-12-2012, 05:52 PM
He's a player that for whatever reason gets overvalued in certain circles (one of the main reasons is he left the NBA in favor the ACB and Euroleague, and people like to latch on to those players). If he had stayed in the NBA or started playing when he had been drafted, he would've been a fairly good bench player. He's a good and crafty scorer but you can't really focus your offense around nor could he really be a consistent starter. The main reason for that is he's essentially a 6'2" shooting guard who may be one of the worst and most indifferent defenders I've ever seen. But still he would've been able to find a role in the NBA if he had stayed, but he'd be nowhere near the level of a Ginobili or Parker.

Navarro is a strong and legit 6-4. He's about an inch taller than Rubio, who the NBA lists at 6-4.

You are a ****ing idiot.

steve
08-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Navarro is a strong and legit 6-4. He's about an inch taller than Rubio, who the NBA lists at 6-4.

You are a ****ing idiot.

Except Rubio is a traditional point guard. Calm down.

CavaliersFTW
08-12-2012, 05:58 PM

You are a ****ing idiot.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Juan-Carlos-Navarro-5183/

6-3 175lbs... with the likely wingspan of a t-rex.

Guy is pewny and far from the physical specimen ingredients necessary to become top tier NBA shooting guard. Navarro is only the size of an NBA point guard yet he's supposed to be able to shoot over the NBA's elite defensive shooting guards who are much bigger? :lol

chips93
08-12-2012, 06:00 PM
That's right. Vassilis Spanoulis and Juan Carlos Navarro make up 40% of the 5 best players in the world in Euroleague's mind.

Oh, and after team USA decided they had enough of Navarro lighting them up, they actually decided to 'd' his ass up, and he scored 2 whole points in the second half.

how do you guy still not understand this :facepalm

he just says stupid shit for attention, why even bother acknowledging him?

Rooster
08-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree with this at some extent.
Ginobili is way more creative, more athletic than Navarro but Navarro as a casa in terms of actually shooting.

Navarro is the better shooter and that is why he is better serve as a catch and shoot type of player in the NBA. There's nothing wrong with that. Reggie Miller was the same. I dunno if Navarro could have carve an NBA HOF but he is a decent player at worst. I wish he could come back to NBA and player for the Lakers. He's is better than we have like Blake, Meeks, Duhon and Goudeluck. He would given us 15-20 minutes of solid shooting off the bench.

Euroleague
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Juan-Carlos-Navarro-5183/

6-3 175lbs... with the likely wingspan of a t-rex.

Guy is pewny and far from the physical specimen ingredients necessary to become top tier NBA shooting guard. Navarro is only the size of an NBA point guard yet he's supposed to be able to shoot over the NBA's elite defensive shooting guards who are much bigger? :lol

Navarro is 6-4 and over 200 pounds. You ****ing ******.

CavaliersFTW
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Your word against the draftexpress, you lose :no:

RoundMoundOfReb
08-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm sure people are really gonna take your word over draftexpress. :lol :lol

DatAsh
08-12-2012, 06:56 PM

So it's your opinion vs facts....:confusedshrug:

Euroleague
08-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Your word against the draftexpress, you lose :no:

Draftexpress is one of the biggest jokes on the internet.

Navarro's official measurements from the 2004 Olympics:

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/na/juan-carlos-navarro-1.html

6-4 198

He looks like he has gained about 10-12 pounds since that time.

CavaliersFTW
08-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Draftexpress is one of the biggest jokes on the internet.

Navarro's official measurements from the 2004 Olympics:

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/na/juan-carlos-navarro-1.html

6-4 198

He looks like he has gained about 10-12 pounds since that time.
:facepalm

The olympics just uses list information now a days, and list information as we all know is full of shit. Navarro is 6-3. He's too small to be an elite NBA shooting guard. But nobody here is saying he couldn't play in the NBA and actually be somewhat decent so I don't know what your so mad about, it's a compliment to say teams like the Lakers could use him for solid backup minutes to a guy like Kobe :confusedshrug: what more could u ask from a 6-3 undersized shooting guard? Mad respect to his game for being able to play that position so small. He just wouldn't be able to do it against the NBA's superior sized defenders in a starting role on a legit team that's all.

DaHeezy
08-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I love how this guy gets infuriated over an inch

He's 6-3:oldlol:

KG215
08-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I love how this guy gets infuriated over an inch

He's 6-3:oldlol:

Kinda what I was thinking. Don't know why anyone is getting that worked up over an inch. 6'3" or 6'4", what does it matter? Either one is undersized for a SG and big for a PG.

CavaliersFTW
08-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Kinda what I was thinking. Don't know why anyone is getting that worked up over an inch. 6'3" or 6'4", what does it matter? Either one is undersized for a SG and big for a PG.

He wants us to go by cherry erroneous picked listed info plus we're supposed to ignore the weight number from the same erroneous source because of his opinion on how much he believes the unathletic looking Navarro weighs :lol

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/960/img/photos/2012/08/12/57/3d/6498eee995324a8f829ec41001edf369-e76b53385a80456e8e72233ea73f158b-2.jpg

twiggy t-rex arms + small hands + 6-3 = not gonna cut it as a stud SG in the NBA. His skill will allow him to play in the NBA for sure though. He just won't be a superstar, I don't see what's so bad about that I'm paying a huge compliment to the guy :confusedshrug:

KG215
08-12-2012, 09:30 PM
He wants us to go by cherry erroneous picked listed info plus we're supposed to ignore the weight number from the same erroneous source because of his opinion on how much he believes the unathletic looking Navarro weighs :lol

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/960/img/photos/2012/08/12/57/3d/6498eee995324a8f829ec41001edf369-e76b53385a80456e8e72233ea73f158b-2.jpg

twiggy t-rex arms + small hands + 6-3 = not gonna cut it as a stud SG in the NBA. His skill will allow him to play in the NBA for sure though. He just won't be a superstar, I don't see what's so bad about that I'm paying a huge compliment to the guy :confusedshrug:

Yeah, but he's still one of the 5 best players in the world, right?

RRR3
08-12-2012, 09:32 PM
:facepalm

The olympics just uses list information now a days, and list information as we all know is full of shit. Navarro is 6-3. He's too small to be an elite NBA shooting guard. But nobody here is saying he couldn't play in the NBA and actually be somewhat decent so I don't know what your so mad about, it's a compliment to say teams like the Lakers could use him for solid backup minutes to a guy like Kobe :confusedshrug: what more could u ask from a 6-3 undersized shooting guard? Mad respect to his game for being able to play that position so small. He just wouldn't be able to do it against the NBA's superior sized defenders in a starting role on a legit team that's all.
Not to defend euroleague, but Monta Ellis is 6'3 and very light, and he's a 22-25 PPG scorer in the NBA. Although he really should be a PG or a 6th man IMO.

CavaliersFTW
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Not to defend euroleague, but Monta Ellis is 6'3 and very light, and he's a 22-25 PPG scorer in the NBA. Although he really should be a PG or a 6th man IMO.
You just agree'd with me, your not defending Euroleague at all - I said Navarro could DEFINITELY play solid minutes in the league - just not as an elite starting role on legit playoff teams. He wouldn't have enough impact. On a team like Golden State or the Bucks? Pfffft sure he could start and put up fluff stats. Monta Ellis is actually a really good comparison. Another would be Cuttino Mobley

RRR3
08-12-2012, 09:48 PM
You just agree'd with me, your not defending Euroleague at all - I said Navarro could DEFINITELY play solid minutes in the league - just not as an elite starting role on legit playoff teams. He wouldn't have enough impact. On a team like Golden State? Pfffft sure he could start and put up fluff stats. Monta Ellis is actually a really good comparison. Or Cuttino Mobley
Monta Ellis could definitely start at PG. Poor man's Derrick Rose. He's a very gifted player, he just hasn't been used correctly for most of his career IMO. Also a lot of 6th men (i.e., Jason Terry) are basically starters minutes-wise (and Terry was a starting PG for a lot of his career as well).

OneBadUsername
08-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Are u stupid he is a turnover waiting to happen every time he dribbled the ball I was facepalming.

My NBA comparison to him is JJ Reddick a good shooter that can't handle the ball.

You clearly don't watch the Magic at all.

wang4three
08-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Does Navarro do anything than score?

Papaya Petee
08-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Just cause he is 6'3 doesn't make him a small shooting guard that would get bullied.

Wade is 6'3 and no shooting guard in the league can stop him.

CavaliersFTW
08-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Just cause he is 6'3 doesn't make him a small shooting guard that would get bullied.

Wade is 6'3 and no shooting guard in the league can stop him.
Wade is 6-3.75 and 234lbs with a 6-10.75 wingspan and massive hands + a 36" vertical... He's a freak and his stature and physical gifts are in no way similar too:

6-3.00 and 175lbs with the wingspan of a t-rex and small hands :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Whoah10115
08-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Monta Ellis could definitely start at PG. Poor man's Derrick Rose. He's a very gifted player, he just hasn't been used correctly for most of his career IMO. Also a lot of 6th men (i.e., Jason Terry) are basically starters minutes-wise (and Terry was a starting PG for a lot of his career as well).

I really disagree with Monta being a PG. He's a 2guard or a 6th man of the year kinda guy. I don't see him as being anything like Derrick Rose.

Optimus Prime
08-13-2012, 01:09 PM

JCN 21 pts on 7/17 shooting = great game :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:facepalm :no:

:kobe:

Optimus Prime
08-13-2012, 01:15 PM
JCN scored 17? of his 21 pts in the first half. Kobe told Coach K at half time "I got Navarro". The result? JCN shut down. :bowdown:

SpanishACB
08-13-2012, 02:30 PM
JCN scored 17? of his 21 pts in the first half. Kobe told Coach K at half time "I got Navarro". The result? JCN shut down. :bowdown:

Kobe Byrant took los Lakers to the home of JCN's Barcelona on 2010. Navarro told Xavi Pascual "I got Kobe". The result?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301007138

Grinder
08-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Navarro is one of those players that's either extremely underrated by most American NBA fans and very overrated by most European basketball fans. He's somewhere in the middle. A legit NBA scorer and an above average NBA player that could be an important contributor on a good playoff team.

bdreason
08-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Navarro is not as good as Manu or Parker, no fuking way.

He's certainly an NBA caliber player, but his game is more suited for FIBA play.

kobron23
08-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Parker is much much better.

yep