PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love Disses Pau Gasol

AirTupac
08-13-2012, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3nkITMJm09k#!

I just tried to take away his strengths, theres not many of them

Says the guy who got dismantled by Gasol :oldlol:

KDTrey5
08-13-2012, 10:14 PM

:roll:

kNicKz
Love was the only person who could even D up on pau in that gold medal game

EDIT: and lebron, my bad lmao

FreezingTsmoove
inb4 2 rings, .500 record, rubio, empty stats, kobe, rubio, no defense

DTreats
08-13-2012, 10:15 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4hnefXuQh1qmiigzo1_250.gif

DaSeba5
Wasn't it Chandler who was getting beaten pretty badly by Gasol?

DTreats
Love was the only person who could even D up on pau in that gold medal game
You call that "D"ing up? Pau made Love his bitch

magictricked
08-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Wasn't it Chandler who was getting beaten pretty badly by Gasol?
Him too, Gasol took both of them to the woodshed.

kNicKz
08-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Gasol didn't even go in like that :biggums: , dudes are hyping it.

He played a great game but obviously he didn't destroy shit, they lost lmao

DaSeba5
Him too, Gasol took both of them to the woodshed.

Ok I thought so.

FireDavidKahn
Love is 7th in minutes at the Games for Team USA.

Durant 208
Paul 206
Lebron 200

Deron 144
Anthony 142
Bryant 139
Love 138

Westbrook 110
Iguodala 96
Chandler 90

Harden 73

Davis 53

And Love started as the 10th man in minutes and importance in the Team, and with his good playing and the effort he put, he became more and more important as the Games passed by.

The final game is just an example. A great example of his importance. Team USA became Paul-Kobe-Durant-James-Melo, and just then Love and Williams, well ahead of the rest.

The first few games, the first substitute for Chandler was Melo, and Love played about 3-4 minutes before the game became a blowout. He was the first substitute for Chandler in the eliminatories games.

Love played almost the entire fourth quarter of the Gold Medal game against Spain.

imnew09
I used to respect Love, and now that respect is GONE!!!!!!

RoseCity07
Love is garbage. Shit defender that was fouling Gasol in the post the entire game. Gasol is so much more skilled than Love.

FireDavidKahn
08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
:oldlol: scrub ass kevin love has no right to talk.

gasol >>>>>>> love
12 and 8 @ 63% shooting in the Olympics:oldlol:

NOHCP3
08-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Ehhh did he just stumble over the word and mean to say "so" many of them? Because he just kind of finished saying how good he is in FIBA

TheeBeast
08-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Ehhh did he just stumble over the word and mean to say "so" many of them? Because he just kind of finished saying how good he is in FIBA

This

Story Up
08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Why diss Pau like that? He's such a nice guy.
I hated Love before but now I despise him. No impact stat filling overrated pile of crap.

NBASTATMAN
08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
:oldlol: scrub ass kevin love has no right to talk.

gasol >>>>>>> love

I think Love is wrong but I love that he came to play and rebound when called upon.. His defense is suspect though.. Lebron guarded Pgasol the best

blacknapalm
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
jesus, did you guys even watch the video or do you just believe everything you're told?

he clearly misspoke. look at how tired he is. he meant to say pau doesn't have many weaknesses, not strengths. he practically said that right after listing a couple of his strengths. why would he talk crap about pau and say something that doesn't even make sense?

FireDavidKahn
08-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Why diss Pau like that? He's such a nice guy.
I hated Love before but now I despise him. No impact stat filling overrated pile of crap.

General
08-13-2012, 10:33 PM
For someone who's never played a playoff game in his life he sure talks a lot of shit. Kevin Love will be a sidekick to someone someday just like Gasol, he ain't good enough to be "the man" on a team that wins a championship.

b1imtf
08-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Still, Gasol > Love

tmacattack33
08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
jesus, did you guys even watch the video or do you just believe everything you're told?

he clearly misspoke. look at how tired he is. he meant to say pau doesn't have many weaknesses, not strengths. why would he talk crap about pau and say something that doesn't even make sense?

Yeah I agree.

I mean, he had just given Gasol a compliment and was talking about how Pau is "very good...especially in Fiba" and stuff.

He just F'ed up some words.

Possibilities:

1. He wanted to say "he has SO many of them" (as said above by another poster)

2. He wanted to say "weaknesses" as you said

3. Maybe he was going to say something different altogether like "There's not...much you can do about it" but at the same time had the sentence about Pau having so many strengths in his mind. None of you people have ever mixed up sentences and ideas while speaking before?

Also, his voice tone does not sound like someone who is completely dissing somebody.

The_Yearning
08-13-2012, 10:44 PM
It doesn't matter what this clown said or what he meant. He thinks he is good and a top 10 player but even GMs would take a guy like Josh Smith over him.

FireDavidKahn
08-13-2012, 10:46 PM
It doesn't matter what this clown said or what he meant. He thinks he is good and a top 10 player but even GMs would take a guy like Josh Smith over him.
No they wouldn't.:oldlol:

B-Easy8
08-13-2012, 10:49 PM

he clearly misspoke. look at how tired he is. he meant to say pau doesn't have many weaknesses, not strengths. he practically said that right after listing a couple of his strengths. why would he talk crap about pau and say something that doesn't even make sense?

This is what I thought as well. He clearly meant Pau doesn't have many weaknesses.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
:roll: @ people commenting without watching the video. He wasn't in any way "talking shit".

Rubio2Gasol
08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
No they wouldn't.:oldlol:

I watch almost every T Wolves game, dude is a glorified floor spacer who can rebound. Plays no defense whatsoever and despite stats is mediocre offensively.

Josh Smith is much much better than him.

FireDavidKahn
08-13-2012, 11:03 PM
I watch almost every T Wolves game, dude is a glorified floor spacer who can rebound. Plays no defense whatsoever and despite stats is mediocre offensively.

Josh Smith is much much better than him.
Keep thinking that.:oldlol:

Rubio2Gasol
08-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Keep thinking that.:oldlol:

Pekovic will be better than him next year....book it.

FireDavidKahn
08-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Pekovic will be better than him next year....book it.
:oldlol: Keep 'em coming.

StroShow4
08-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Pau drew at least 2 bogus fouls on Love. Just saying.

dgaras
08-13-2012, 11:23 PM
i thought it was weird that he said that and i watched the video. misspoke.

dude77
08-13-2012, 11:36 PM
people keep forgetting this guy's 23 .. he's a freakin' kid .. he's just getting started .. he's only gonna get better .. career 17/12 46% shooter 37 from 3s so far .. and all around tough player .. what's with all the hate ? ..

NewYorkNoPicks
08-14-2012, 12:01 AM

Umm no one averages astounding numbers during the olympics... Its the best of the best in the entire league all sharing the ball and minutes...

FireDavidKahn
08-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Umm no one averages astounding numbers during the olympics... Its the best of the best in the entire league all sharing the ball and minutes...
So that's the excuse?

People always complain that KLove "stat pads" on a bad team. Then he dominates on a team full of amazing players and people discredit it.

stallionaire
08-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Lol another agenda driven thread. Everyone who posted in the thread must have not watched the video. He was extremely humble and and in no way did he 'diss Pau'.

Hilarious. I'm not taking the bait. Kevin Love is a top 5 player right now.

ClutchOver9000
08-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Lol another agenda driven thread. Everyone who posted in the thread must have not watched the video. He was extremely humble and and in no way did he 'diss Pau'.

Hilarious. I'm not taking the bait. Kevin Love is a top 5 player right now.

child please.

stallionaire
08-14-2012, 12:10 AM
child please.

He's better than anyone on your shi.t team.

ClutchOver9000
08-14-2012, 12:11 AM
He's better than anyone on your shi.t team.

:rolleyes:

stallionaire
08-14-2012, 12:12 AM
you have to be an idiot to believe that Melo is anywhere near Love in terms of greatness and skill. Love plays better defense, can rebound, and outscore Melo.

ClutchOver9000
08-14-2012, 12:17 AM
you have to be an idiot to believe that Melo is anywhere near Love in terms of greatness and skill. Love plays better defense, can rebound, and outscore Melo.

and I'd have to be an idiot to rank Love in the top 5. Luckily for me, that's not the case. Unfortunately for you, it is.

BankShot
08-14-2012, 12:20 AM
I'd like to see the context of this comment..... stuff like this tends to be blown out of proportion given the circumstances.

With that being said, Love sure has said some dopey things this summer.... e.g. unhappy with the Wolves moves, unhappy with PT on the Olympic Squad (although when he played he certainly produced)

KeyNote
08-14-2012, 12:22 AM
I respect KLove's game and hustle on the court

but I don't know what angle he's coming from with this

sounds a little bitter...gasol destroys him during the reg. season and put it on him in the gold medal game

game recognize game and he's looking very unfamiliar right now

stallionaire
08-14-2012, 12:23 AM
I'd like to see the context of this comment..... stuff like this tends to be blown out of proportion given the circumstances.

With that being said, Love sure has said some dopey things this summer.... e.g. unhappy with the Wolves moves, unhappy with PT on the Olympic Squad (although when he played he certainly produced)

The OP misinterpreted the video to spread the 'Love is arrogant' agenda. Watch teh vid, he didn't say anything bad about Pau. The quote in the OP isn't even accurate. I reported it to mods.

chazzy
08-14-2012, 12:24 AM
The OP misinterpreted the video to spread the 'Love is arrogant' agenda. Watch teh vid, he didn't say anything bad about Pau. The quote in the OP isn't even accurate. I reported it to mods.
It's the correct quote. But watching it in context, it's obvious he misspoke.

BankShot
08-14-2012, 12:24 AM

You make Wolves fans look bad when you make "Kevin Love > Kevin Durant" threads. Relax, man. :facepalm

NewYorkNoPicks
08-14-2012, 12:25 AM

Kevin Love scores in 2 ways: put backs or long range shots.

Carmelo Anthony can score in every single way possible in the game of basketball. Hes also a top level rebounder for the SF position, posesses guard like handles, and although not reflected in his stats is a very savvy and accurate passer.

There is no player in this league aside from LeBron who doesnt suffer from weaknesses in their game. Most superstars have 2 things they can do really well: Kobes scoring and man to man defense, Rondos passing and defense, Howards athletic prowess and defense, Nash's scoring and passing. Melo like the aforementioned stars has flaws, but every star does.... So this Melo hatred is ridiculous, baseless and agenda driven

takai
This. K Love has the utmost respect for Pau.

coin24
Gasol >>>>>>> Love.

Kevin Love is a f@ggot and an overrated career loser.

FireDavidKahn
08-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Kevin Love scores in 2 ways: put backs or long range shots.

Carmelo Anthony can score in every single way possible in the game of basketball. Hes also a top level rebounder for the SF position, posesses guard like handles, and although not reflected in his stats is a very savvy and accurate passer.

There is no player in this league aside from LeBron who doesnt suffer from weaknesses in their game. Most superstars have 2 things they can do really well: Kobes scoring and man to man defense, Rondos passing and defense, Howards athletic prowess and defense, Nash's scoring and passing. Melo like the aforementioned stars has flaws, but every star does.... So this Melo hatred is ridiculous, baseless and agenda driven
But the Love hatred is completely justified?

stallionaire
08-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Speaking about a player's toolset and dynamic ability isn't an insult. It's an observation, especially when he JUST got done playing against him. He didn't misspeak.

Yet we have overweight Lakers fans here who love to act like they can even dribble a basketball.

magictricked
08-14-2012, 12:29 AM
This.

He wasn't dissing Pau, like you said he tripped over his words, you could tell he was giving Pau props.

mr beast
08-14-2012, 12:31 AM

lol seriously, pau dominated in gold medal game , dont think anyone is in position to say that

NewYorkNoPicks
08-14-2012, 12:43 AM
But the Love hatred is completely justified?

Its not... Id take Love over Gasol at this point in time. Never liked Paus attitude. It takes too much to get him motivated; his heart isnt in every game.

MJ(Mean John)
08-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Hahah. Kevin love is a fahgot.

Switch him and pau. Lmaoo.

Man, this dude talk a lot of shit for someone who doesn't have an offensive game. Guy shoots like 44% as a big. He can't creat his own offense. He's nothing but a pretty mark madsen. He's overrated as f.uck

Pau Gasol outclasses Love. Love isn't in his league. Sit down Kevin love. Calm down son.

MJ(Mean John)
08-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Its not... Id take Love over Gasol at this point in time. Never liked Paus attitude. It takes too much to get him motivated; his heart isnt in every game.

Damn. But when he has Espa

Cali Syndicate
08-14-2012, 02:25 AM

Not sure what the point of stating that Love's better at rebounding. It'd be like saying Melo is a better play maker. Not very significant since their respective positions expects different roles.

Defensively, they both play terrible defense. So no point in even talking about this.

But as for scoring, Melo is the far better scorer. Not even close.

noosaman
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
No homo here, but Love looks so much better with his hair grown out than when he shaved his head.

b1imtf
08-16-2012, 03:16 PM
T-Wolves fans so mad

kurple
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Love is 7th in minutes at the Games for Team USA.

Durant 208
Paul 206
Lebron 200

Deron 144
Anthony 142
Bryant 139
Love 138

Westbrook 110
Iguodala 96
Chandler 90

Harden 73

Davis 53