PDA

View Full Version : The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

KyrieTheFuture
08-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Laker fans are acting like he'll make their bench so much better but I had to suffer through this dude on my team all last year. He is absolute garbage and he'll prove it come season time.

Levity
08-15-2012, 03:49 PM
This garbage, that you so cleverly deemed him, is much better than the shit storm we had on our bench last season. So garbage or not, hes improving our 2nd unit.

Zedja
08-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Laker fans are acting like he'll make their bench so much better but I had to suffer through this dude on my team all last year. He is absolute garbage and he'll prove it come season time.
Jamison is better than anyone the Lakers had on the bench.

BlackVVaves
08-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Yes, because expectations and production of a starter who is considered the second best player on a team are equal to that of a bench player who is considered not even the 5th best player on a team.

Superb rationale.

KyrieTheFuture
08-15-2012, 03:55 PM
40/34/68 those are his shooting numbers. He'll give you like 2 more points of production at best.

Levity
08-15-2012, 03:55 PM
yet, another quality lakers thread started by the OP

2LeTTeRS
08-15-2012, 03:56 PM
40/34/68 those are his shooting numbers. He'll give you like 2 more points of production at best.

What the hell happened to Jamison's free throw shotting? Every since he got to Cleveland it's been horrible.

jbryan1984
08-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Seriously dude? He ain't no DPOTY candidate but he earned his money with us and was the vet leader of the team. He averaged 18 and 6 and 17 and 6 these last 2 years. He didn't give up because he was on a shitty team like Rashard Lewis. All-Star years are behind him obviously but he will provide some nice scoring off the bench. The only year he was not a regular starter in the NBA was with Dallas and he was one of the best bench players that year, even won 6th man of the year. Jamison gets too much crap. He is a good guy and a great player.

KyrieTheFuture
08-15-2012, 04:00 PM
yet, another quality lakers thread started by the OP
As far as I remember the only laker threads I started were me thinking OKC was better and one saying Dwight wouldn't be happy being a 3rd option. Honestly it's not like I'd be upset if Jamison performed well, I'm just predicting that he won't. It's not like his success will ruin my life.

imnew09
08-15-2012, 04:02 PM
You have no idea about how good the Lakers' bench players are in the past year...giving up huge leads after huge leads.

LA_Showtime
08-15-2012, 04:03 PM
If Jamison puts up 10 points on 40% shooting he'll be an improvement over the shit show we saw last season. That's how bad our bench was.

All Net
08-15-2012, 04:08 PM
:facepalm This thread would be delete worthy but don't want to come off as a homer for removing it. This thread is that bad. Show time pretty much sums it up best for me. It's like the OP didn't realise how bad the bench was last season. A guy who can give you 20 points at any game will be a good asset.

KyrieTheFuture
08-15-2012, 04:11 PM
:oldlol:
This is delete worthy but **** about vanessa bryant, or kobe posing with people at the olympics isnt?

SilkkTheShocker
08-15-2012, 04:16 PM
What the hell happened to Jamison's free throw shotting? Every since he got to Cleveland it's been horrible.

It was Lebron's fault.

But seriously, the Lakers aren't asking Jamison to be their 3rd or even 4th best player.

chips93
08-15-2012, 04:17 PM
This garbage, that you so cleverly deemed him, is much better than the shit storm we had on our bench last season. So garbage or not, hes improving our 2nd unit.

this

he stinks, but the laker bench was terrible last year

he'll hover around 10ppg, and thats something the lakers didnt have off the bench last year

2LeTTeRS
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
It was Lebron's fault.

But seriously, the Lakers aren't asking Jamison to be their 3rd or even 4th best player.

Obviously Jamison doesn't suck, but just needed to say something negative about him since gave us hope by saying he wanted to come home to Charlotte during the season only to sign with the Lakers.

BlackVVaves
08-15-2012, 04:22 PM
As far as I remember the only laker threads I started were me thinking OKC was better and one saying Dwight wouldn't be happy being a 3rd option. Honestly it's not like I'd be upset if Jamison performed well, I'm just predicting that he won't. It's not like his success will ruin my life.

Any and everyone on this board who has become acquainted with your posts knows you are a Kobe and Laker hater. You know you would be upset if he performed well, because that would mean the Lakers are progressing as a team, and solidifying a weakness. You made the Dwight thread because you have great disdain that he found himself on the Lakers, and wish and hope that he doesn't resign, using the "he won't be happy as a third option" statement as an imaginary vehicle to that end - despite the fact that no knowledgeable person claimed Dwight would be the third option.

Your agenda is clear to us all, so why pretend to mask it?

KyrieTheFuture
08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Holy **** I just double checked all the numbers from your bench, points allowed etc...I apologize for this thread. He won't be good per say but god damn he'll be an improvement
:roll:

KyrieTheFuture
08-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Any and everyone on this board who has become acquainted with your posts knows you are a Kobe and Laker hater. You know you would be upset if he performed well, because that would mean the Lakers are progressing as a team, and solidifying a weakness. You made the Dwight thread because you have great disdain that he found himself on the Lakers, and wish and hope that he doesn't resign, using the "he won't be happy as a third option" statement as an imaginary vehicle to that end - despite the fact that no knowledgeable person claimed Dwight would be the third option.

Your agenda is clear to us all, so why pretend to mask it?
I'm a Kobe hater not a Laker hater. Dwight can win 15 titles with the Lakers for all I care once Kobe leaves (just so long as they don't beat the cavs :D ). I went to highschool in LA Kobe fans made it impossible to root for him.

coin24
08-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Great addition to the bench... Lakers bench last season was:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Just fkn pathetic. The ammount of leads they blew was embarassing. Steve Blake:facepalm Really need to offload that loser...

gasolina
08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
I actually expect him to do pretty well and average double figures and 20+ minutes off the bench. Chances are he's about the last option the defense is worrying about and will have lots of open looks.

Whoah10115
08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Jamison was on the Cavs. Now he's a 6th man. Your point makes no sense, as there is nothing resembling context or even any points made.

scm5
08-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Jamison is also a player that I could see benefiting from playing with Nash, so there's that.

I don't know how many minutes he'll be playing, but I expect that he will have a significant increase in efficiency numbers.

DKLaker
08-15-2012, 05:43 PM

THIS xInfinity :oldlol:

KeyNote
08-15-2012, 05:44 PM
i'll take the 12 or 13 PPG he'll average off the bench this year

absolutely

Smoke117
08-15-2012, 06:43 PM
He does suck and the fact that the laker fans acknowledge this while also acknowledging that he still will make their bench better is hilarious. That goes a long way in saying how truly pathetic your bench was when someone like Jamison is offering hope.

All Net
08-15-2012, 06:47 PM
He does suck and the fact that the laker fans acknowledge this while also acknowledging that he still make their bench better is hilarious. That goes a long way in saying how truly pathetic your bench was when someone like Jamison is offering hope.

Anybody who watches basketball knows Jamision is a good player. He is still a good scorer and being 6th man instead of being depended on will make him far more capable of shooting a high clip than he did last season.

Smoke117
08-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Anybody who watches basketball knows Jamision is a good player. He is still a good scorer and being 6th man instead of being depended on will make him far more capable of shooting a high clip than he did last season.

How in the hell was averaging 17 pts on 16 shots last season being a "good scorer"? That is being an god damn AWFUL SCORER. Even in those high up tempo Wizards offense's playing with some other talent he was just decent efficient wise. The only season where he was an high efficient scorer was when he came off the bench for Dallas, but that was when he was 27 years old. He will be 36 years old coming off the bench for the Lakers. Laker fans are dreaming. Jamison is an washed up scrub now. The only reason he was even taking 16 shots a game anymore at this point in his career was because he was on the ****ing Cavs.

All Net
08-15-2012, 07:56 PM
How in the hell was averaging 17 pts on 16 shots last season being a "good scorer"? That is being an god damn AWFUL SCORER. Even in those high up tempo Wizards offense's playing with some other talent he was just decent efficient wise. The only season where he was an high efficient scorer was when he came off the bench for Dallas, but that was when he was 27 years old. He will be 36 years old coming off the bench for the Lakers. Laker fans are dreaming. Jamison is an washed up scrub now. The only reason he was even taking 16 shots a game anymore at this point in his career was because he was on the ****ing Cavs.

Just because he shot 40% doesn't mean he isn't still a good scorer as he clearly is. You only have to watch him and the way he plays. Being one of the main scorers for that team certainly didn't help his % as he was depended on to score more. In LA he will get a ton of open looks next to Nash and the attention Dwight will cause. He will be a good replacement for example when Pau takes a break. Any guy who can give you 20 points on any given game is only going to help us.

No laker fans are dreaming at all here we aren't expecting 20 points a game but giving points off the bench when it's needed which is what Jamison has done for years and for that reason I don't think we will be dissapointed. We don't depend on him like Cavs have done and how wizards did which in theory should make it easier for him.

I guess we will see how it pans out... There is certainly no sure thing that's for sure.

Crown&Coke
08-15-2012, 08:04 PM
he's a high character vet, getting paid the minimum

I guess that counts for nil around here

G-train
08-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Jamison is pretty cooked.. but he can score a bit still, however will probably give it up down the other end.
Last season he showed very poor shot selection, even worse defending and didnt rebound well. He is a classy person from all reports though.
I wont be surprised if he averages around 10mpg for the Lakers.

G-train
08-15-2012, 08:15 PM

I watched many Cavs games, and I would not class him as a good player.
He verged on being a bad player at times, but I'll settle for average. He definitely still has good skills though.

If he can curb his shot selection, stay healthy (36 I think so some risk there) and at least try defensively, he may be a good role player.

All Net
08-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I watched many Cavs games, and I would not class him as a good player.
He verged on being a bad player at times, but I'll settle for average. He definitely still has good skills though.

If he can curb his shot selection, stay healthy (36 I think so some risk there) and at least try defensively, he may be a good role player.

As I said he's not expected to do a lot but help the 2nd unit offensively which struggled badly last year. Anything from 10-12 a game with the odd strong game will be an added bonus.

SpecialQue
08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
It's hilarious how players all of a sudden turn shitty according to some people here as soon as they sign with the Lakers.

ispin69
08-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Herp derp let's lower our expectations just because he will be on the bench. You guys don't understand how bad he is. He cannot finish around the basket consistently. He'll be 10 inches from the basket and he'll throw up a dinky teardrop or something rather than dunk it and it rims and clinks out. It's incredible how many misses he makes so close to the basket.

That's the problem, you can't depend on him even on the bench. No one saw how terrible he was in Cleveland with Lebron and Shaq?

Noof
08-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Jamison>>>Murphy

And that's all that really matters.

RRR3
08-15-2012, 08:44 PM
It's hilarious how players all of a sudden turn shitty according to some people here as soon as they sign with the Lakers.
Jamison was a damn good player once, but he's not anymore. He's decent I guess, but I wouldn't let the the 17 PPG fool you. That said, I saw him drop 30 on Kevin Love earlier this year:lol

RRR3
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Jamison>>>Murphy

And that's all that really matters.
Everyone in this thread is better than Murphy too. What's your point?:confusedshrug:

KyrieTheFuture
01-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Yea **** all of you trying to tell me he'd be good

Clifton
01-12-2013, 03:42 PM
I think the Lakers would be best if their first option on offense were a Jamison/Nash pick and roll. Just start every other halfcourt set with that, and go from there. No one runs it better than Jamison, and no one initiates it better than Nash. Yes they're old, but Stockton and Malone were still killing people with it at nearly 40. All they need is the coach to emphasize it, and declare it important, and both players will rise to the occasion.

Every Lakers possession that is simply a Kobe staredown and then bricked 3 early in the shot clock could be that P and R set instead. Imagine how much easier that would make Kobe's 30 points. He can totally still drive and do his midrange pullup thing. Those long early bricks are killing a team rhythm that should be excellent, with Nash + Jamison + D'Antoni.

Kobe is blamed entirely too much for the Lakers' failures. He plays very well. But there has to be something else going on that he is a part of. If all the offense is is Kobe bailing you out, that's bad for the team and for Kobe. Gets everyone discouraged, even when Kobe pulls it off.

IGOTGAME
01-12-2013, 03:44 PM
I think the Lakers would be best if their first option on offense were a Jamison/Nash pick and roll. Just start every other halfcourt set with that, and go from there. No one runs it better than Jamison, and no one initiates it better than Nash. Yes they're old, but Stockton and Malone were still killing people with it at nearly 40. All they need is the coach to emphasize it, and declare it important, and both players will rise to the occasion.

Every Lakers possession that is simply a Kobe staredown and then bricked 3 early in the shot clock could be that P and R set instead. Imagine how much easier that would make Kobe's 30 points. He can totally still drive and do his midrange pullup thing. Those long early bricks are killing a team rhythm that should be excellent, with Nash + Jamison + D'Antoni.
Jamison shouldn't be on the floor.

dbugz
01-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Dude is a softy :oldlol:

I still remember him saying that he'll lockout KG and it ended up him getting massacred in the post. It was 2010 Cavs-Celtics series :oldlol: :oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
01-12-2013, 10:33 PM
just lets you know how bad the cavs actually are if old man Jasmison was the second best player on the team last year

Clifton
01-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Jamison shouldn't be on the floor.
I think if he got into a rhythm and were treated like an all-star he would play like one.

On the Wizards he was team captain and he always gave you 20. I know he's a lot older now, but he was the slowest and most unathletic guy on the court even in his prime.. still could give you 25 a night. How you regard your players as a coach affects how they play. Do I have a definite role? Am I valued for what I bring? Do I know what is expected of me? If the answer to these questions is a resounding yes you get Rajon Rondo; if it's no you get John Wall.

I know he's old but he's the only player on the Lakers who can catch a pass.

And as for the defense, what difference does it make? He's no worse than anyone else on that team.

I<3NBA
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM
where are all those Losers again saying Lebron had no excuse for losing because Antawn was his teammate?

Mrofir
01-13-2013, 03:13 AM
highly informative thread so far. Really enjoying it