PDA

View Full Version : Discussing who would win in a 7 game series between Lakers vs Heat and Thunder

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
4 genuine allstars... Miami has 3 at most...

There is no way the heat or thunder can match this

Who are we kidding? Are we really gonna pull that "the champs are the best till they get beat crap?

And okc has to be knocked off to prove the most stacked team since the 60s celtics is better than them?

Im a kobe fan who believes in giving kobe most credit for winning. But this year....

Ya i'l say it. This year they could win it all even if kobe got injured for the rest of the season and coached them from the sidelines

Truth. Its over

Dictator
08-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Please Don't start another troll war.

bluechox2
08-18-2012, 01:10 PM
If kobe gets injured, he'd be out on puusy patrol

PJR
08-18-2012, 01:12 PM
No quickness on the perimeter, questionable floor spacing(especially if Nash is going to have the ball in his hands)

They're in the hunt, but don't be foolish enough to insinuate they are some overwhelming favorite.

EnoughSaid
08-18-2012, 01:13 PM
:roll: Stop it. Just stop it man. There is only one elite player on your team, and that's Kobe. We know what he'll give you. We have absolutely NO idea on how Howard, Gasol and Nash will play, so stop predicting a championship when there are two better teams in the way.

funnystuff
08-18-2012, 01:24 PM
OKC is still better. Lakers might need wheelchairs soon, they're so old.

tmacattack33
08-18-2012, 01:26 PM
OKC has little chance.

Miami could be on another level though with Ray Allen. So Miami vs LA will be a great match up.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 01:28 PM
OKC has little chance.

Miami could be on another level though with Ray Allen. So Miami vs LA will be a great match up.

Ray is nowhere near an allstar level anymore and wont get allot of PT

EnoughSaid
08-18-2012, 01:29 PM
I just want LA to make the Finals now, so we can see LeBron and Wade torch Kobe's old ass.

Story Up
08-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I just want LA to make the Finals now, so we can see LeBron and Wade torch Kobe's old ass.
Miami are weak, seriously. They are probably the weakest champs in the last 10 years. They had problems with Celtics and Pacers, they were fortunate to win all the close games with OKC but thunder sucked, they weren't the same team that dethroned SA and LA. Harden was atrocious, they gifted the Heat a title.

Seriously kid, just be here next year and font run away like a coward, cuz LA are way better built and would prolly beat your tram in 5 if both teams are clicking. No ones afraid of the heat, they honestly aren't that great.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Hey its not like its kobes fault they havent met in the finals. Kobes been to 4 finals since lebrons came into the league. And lebron choked 2 60+ win teams away

Legends66NBA7
08-18-2012, 01:39 PM
There is only one elite player on your team, and that's Kobe.

Um, what ?

Howard at full strength is an elite player and might be the be 2nd best player in the game if that's the case.

They have 2 elite players, at least.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Whats more damaging. Kobe losing to lebron in the finals and having a 5-8 record. Or lebron losing to kobe and having a 1-4 record

Lebron jas allllllllllllot more to lose than kobe. Basically lebrons legacy will be in kobes hands over the next 3 years

Lebron may verry well retire 1 for 6 in nba finals... Kobe at worst would end up 5 for 10 in nba finals.

Think about it

PJR
08-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Miami are weak, seriously. They are probably the weakest champs in the last 10 years. They had problems with Celtics and Pacers, they were fortunate to win all the close games with OKC but thunder sucked, they weren't the same team that dethroned SA and LA. Harden was atrocious, they gifted the Heat a title.

Seriously kid, just be here next year and font run away like a coward, cuz LA are way better built and would prolly beat your tram in 5 if both teams are clicking. No ones afraid of the heat, they honestly aren't that great.

Comfort yourself if you need to, buddy. :oldlol:

EnoughSaid
08-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Um, what ?

Howard at full strength is an elite player and might be the be 2nd best player in the game if that's the case.

Are you sure he'll be 100% after this injury? For now we can safely say Kobe will deliver for sure, but you don't know about anyone else.

Story Up
08-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Um, what ?

Nash and Gasol >>>>>>>> Bosh, most importantly LA have talent that meshes well, like you can envision the type of plays they'd run and be effective at. They also have stars at the two most important positions.

Miami better pray LA doesn't click as a team cuz they would get destroyed.
We talk about James getting the better if Kobe h2h, but Howard seems to get the better of James h2h, and that's with far inferior talent.

KingBeasley08
08-18-2012, 01:46 PM

so we have "most stacked roster ever" and "worst team of past 10 years" at the same time. crappy trolls these days :oldlol:

EnoughSaid
08-18-2012, 01:47 PM

:roll: Miami took care of the team that dispatched SAS and LAL in just 5 games. Don't give me that bullshit. They missed Bosh for 9 games, and Wade played the entire playoffs on one knee. To say they're not a great team is just ignorant. :facepalm

Story Up
08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
so we have "most stacked roster ever" and "worst team of past 10 years" at the same time. crappy trolls these days :oldlol:
Yes, your roster is stacked but your chemistry isn't great at all. You guys are terrific defensively but have long scoring droughts all the time. Seriously you beat OKC in 5, but the series was very close, OKC weren't ready, harden was ass and their execution failed late in the 4th.

Legends66NBA7
08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Are you sure he'll be 100% after this injury? For now we can safely say Kobe will deliver for sure, but you don't know about anyone else.

I'm not Howad's doctor(s), so I hope he does come back full strength.

And no, we can't safely say Kobe will "deliver" anything, not after his worst shooting season. I do think he will improve his shooting %'s with Nash running the point, though.

EnoughSaid
08-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Lmao Lakers fans are the biggest hypocrites. When Miami won the title they were constantly saying that this is a stacked roster, and LeBron had too much help and what not. Now they're saying this team lacks chemistry and isn't that good? :oldlol:

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Lmao Lakers fans are the biggest hypocrites. When Miami won the title they were constantly saying that this is a stacked roster, and LeBron had too much help and what not. Now they're saying this team lacks chemistry and isn't that good? :oldlol:

Lol it was* stacked

Miami is sooo 2011... Get with the times man...

Gotta update that big 3.... We got a big 4 now lol

KG215
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Whats more damaging. Kobe losing to lebron in the finals and having a 5-8 record. Or lebron losing to kobe and having a 1-4 record

Lebron jas allllllllllllot more to lose than kobe. Basically lebrons legacy will be in kobes hands over the next 3 years

Lebron may verry well retire 1 for 6 in nba finals... Kobe at worst would end up 5 for 10 in nba finals.

Think about it

Here you go again, pulling numbers out of your ass, and assuming the Lakers are going to make the Finals with this old roster 3 years in a row.

KyrieTheFuture
08-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Oh god the stans on both sides of this are hilarious. Mike Miller had a good game in the Finals so that means he's basically an all-star. Mario Chalmers too. Spo had dat GOAT defense so put him on the list as well. The Olympics does not just grant you an all star spot what is this ****?

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Here you go again, pulling numbers out of your ass, and assuming the Lakers are going to make the Finals with this old roster 3 years in a row.

Its the lakers

Do u realise since 2010 the lakers have 12 new guys out of 15

All u need to worry about is howard and kobe. Mitch wwill take care of the rest

KG215
08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Its the lakers

Do u realise since 2010 the lakers have 12 new guys out of 15

All u need to worry about is howard and kobe. Mitch wwill take care of the rest

And? That doesn't make them younger.

longtime lurker
08-18-2012, 03:29 PM

Who are we kidding? Are we really gonna pull that "the champs are the best till they get beat crap?

And okc has to be knocked off to prove the most stacked team since the 60s celtics is better than them?

Im a kobe fan who believes in giving kobe most credit for winning. But this year....

Ya i'l say it. This year they could win it all even if kobe got injured for the rest of the season and coached them from the sidelines

Truth. Its over

No they couldn't, but this team and the Miami Heat team are the only true superstar teams in the NBA.

Rubio2Gasol
08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
> Nash will be elite if given the right rest and role. Give him the bench and about 28 minutes a game and he will be very very good. Not an all star though.

>Kobe's still elite . but once again, he really should be playing about 30 minutes a game at most. Still he's good, the rest will do him some good.

>Pau is an all star somewhere else but in his marginalized role? no way.

Anyway, that's not how basketball works.

Ray Allen could potentially be an all star still.

BlueandGold
08-18-2012, 03:46 PM
As much as I think your a troll if Wade is remotely healthy I don't doubt that this would happen. Kobe has 16 NBA seasons on his belt.. I believe that's the same as Jordan when he was playing for the wizards, lucky Kobe's only 34 though.

The thing is any backcourt in the league would get chewed up by Wade/Lebron.. let's not act like there's any wing/backcourt duo in the league that's even close to the talent, strength and athleticism of these two.. hell they are also two of the strongest at their positions as well. If Miami can exploit that opportunity every time down the court it's hard for any league to beat them.

Lot of people crowning the Lakers champs before they've done anything.. I've watched the NBA long enough to ever count your chickens before they catch. Far as I'm concerned Miami is still by far the favorite, as any defending champion would be going into the season.

RRR3
08-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Hey its not like its kobes fault they havent met in the finals. Kobes been to 4 finals since lebrons came into the league. And lebron choked 2 60+ win teams away
:roll: @ LeBron "choking" in 2009. Only LeBron James could average nearly a 40 point triple double in the ECF, drain a buzzer beating three in one of the games, score 49 in a game, while shooting 50% all the while and still be labeled a "choker". :roll: :roll: :roll:

BlackVVaves
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Truth. Its over

Are you intentionally a bad poster, or is it just accidental?

longtime lurker
08-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Expect this to be bumped if the Lakers don't win the title.

Nash
08-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Its because Miami have Lebron. He's by far the most dominant player who can change the game in a way that it doesn't really matter how many superstars the opponent has.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 04:10 PM
> Nash will be elite if given the right rest and role. Give him the bench and about 28 minutes a game and he will be very very good. Not an all star though.

>Kobe's still elite . but once again, he really should be playing about 30 minutes a game at most. Still he's good, the rest will do him some good.

I didnt say they would all make the allstar game this year. I mean all of them on their own team easly make the allstar game. Theyre allstar level

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Its because Miami have Lebron. He's by far the most dominant player who can change the game in a way that it doesn't really matter how many superstars the opponent has.

By far my a$$

Hes a bit better than durant. Howard, paul and kobe are a bit worse than durant...

Lebrons good but common.. The guy won nothing for 8 years. Hes nowhere near "dominant"

Dominant is 3+ titles atleast

Smoke117
08-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Another thread on a team that has yet to play a single game made by an kobe stan and a laker fan boy. Yes this thread has a lot of potential for some serious conversation and debate. :facepalm KennethGriffin just stfu. Take a break off for a week. Every single thread you make is so redundant and idiotic anyway, so take a vacation from even making new ones.

Nash
08-18-2012, 04:21 PM
By far my a$$

Hes a bit better than durant. Howard, paul and kobe are a bit worse than durant...

Lebrons good but common.. The guy won nothing for 8 years. Hes nowhere near "dominant"

What does titles have to do with the individual Lebron in August 2012?

"A bit better than Durant"? Really? Really?! Durant is good but Lebron is a different and more dominant monster.

And the statement here you made was that Lakers are better than Miami because they have 4 stars and Miami only have 3 and I say that it doesn't matter because Lebron plays in a way that it doesn't really matter that Lakes have that extra star. The Lebron threat is much bigger than an extra star.

BlueandGold
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
By far my a$$

Although it's framed in a pretty vulgar way this is pretty true.. Lebron is a good player no doubt.. but dominant is maintaining that level of play for long periods of time.. so far Lebron has had way more failures than success, especially in the most crucial parts of the game.

However if he continues to play like he did in the 2012 playoffs and Wade is still his former self I don't see many teams being able to beat them.

"A bit better than Durant"? Really? Really?! Durant is good but Lebron is a different and more dominant monster.

People were saying Durant was better if not equal to Lebron heading in the Finals.. Durant scored 15 points and then 17 in the first two fourth quarters of game 1 and 2.. that's the exact opposite of what Lebron did in the first two finals.

:facepalm at all this idol worshipping after 1 championship

Pierce was getting treated the same way after his 2008 FMVP, we'll see what happens after

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Honestly. Can i please have someone answer one simple question please.

Why is it whenever theres a discussion about kobe being great... Everyone says kobes team mates are legendary.

And why is it whenever theres a discussion about kobes team mates being great. People say theyre overrated garbage

And why is the same done for jordan but in the opposite sense... In that jordan fans prop up jordan by saying pippen sucked and they had no center or depth...

Then when an all time team thread comes up those same people say pippen is better than lebron. And the 90s bulls is the best team ever

Whats the word for this... It starts with an H and rhymes with hypocrite a@55 faced retard

StacksOnDeck
08-18-2012, 04:27 PM

Like when Kobe torched Wade's washed up ass in the all star game and Wade got so mad he broke his nose. A week later, Kobe tore that scrub up and got him fouled out. You remember that? :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
08-18-2012, 04:28 PM
By far my a$$

Dominance, when used in this context, is relevant to recent production and impact, not career. He didn't say "LeBron had a dominant career" did he?

When you average 30, 10, and 5 on 50% shooting and lead the league in PER all in the playoffs while winning a NBA title, league MVP and FMVP, you call that dominant. Sorry to burst the bubble compiled of Kobe's saliva that you live in.

Just stop making threads, like Smoke said. No really, stop.

BuGzBuNNy
08-18-2012, 04:32 PM
:roll: Stop it. Just stop it man. There is only one elite player on your team, and that's Kobe. We know what he'll give you. We have absolutely NO idea on how Howard, Gasol and Nash will play, so stop predicting a championship when there are two better teams in the way.
:biggums:

TheeBeast
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM

The decision of picking all star bench players falls in the hands of the coaches vote. I don't see what you mean by Pau having a 'marginalized role', in fact he will probably have an even more important role on the offense with Nash being able to give him easy baskets. And with Nash being able to get his 10+ assists per game and possibly 10+ points per game he could easily be a backup also.

BlackVVaves
08-18-2012, 04:48 PM
The decision of picking all star bench players falls in the hands of the coaches vote. I don't see what you mean by Pau having a 'marginalized role', in fact he will probably have an even more important role on the offense with Nash being able to give him easy baskets. And with Nash being able to get his 10+ assists per game and possibly 10+ points per game he could easily be a backup also.

Nash won't be averaging 10 assists per game. Thought that was a given, but clearly there are some people that don't comprehend the complexities behind stats.

The "keep the ball in Nash's hands at all times" system will not be the end all be all in LA.

TheeBeast
08-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Nash won't be averaging 10 assists per game. Thought that was a given, but clearly there are some people that don't comprehend the complexities behind stats.

The "keep the ball in Nash's hands at all times" system will not be the end all be all in LA.

Depends what the coaches decide.

BlackVVaves
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Depends what the coaches decide.

Who's your coach again?

Ohh. The guy who is a walking offensive doppelg

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 05:05 PM

Why is it whenever theres a discussion about kobe being great... Everyone says kobes team mates are legendary.

And why is it whenever theres a discussion about kobes team mates being great. People say theyre overrated garbage

And why is the same done for jordan but in the opposite sense... In that jordan fans prop up jordan by saying pippen sucked and they had no center or depth...

Then when an all time team thread comes up those same people say pippen is better than lebron. And the 90s bulls is the best team ever

Whats the word for this... It starts with an H and rhymes with hypocrite a@55 faced retard

I see no one wants to answer this

Typical

TheeBeast
08-18-2012, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=BlackVVaves]Who's your coach again?

Ohh. The guy who is a walking offensive doppelg

Droid101
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah, kinda like how that happened last time they played?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320304013

BlackVVaves
08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
True, but with Eddie Jordan coming in we'll see alot of new changes in our offense.

Will be interesting to see how he does so. I truly believe a solid balance of scoring, coupled with consistent ball movement and screens - particularly off the ball screens for Kobe and pick and roll action with Nash - will maximize the talent LA has.

KyrieTheFuture
08-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Just because 3 people on ISH say something doesn't mean you need to take it as gospel. For instance, I take nothing you say as truth. Just do the same for them. Also, you got me I can't think of a single word that rhymes with "hypocrite a@55 faced retard" can I have a hint?

KyrieTheFuture
08-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah, kinda like how that happened last time they played?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320304013

I don't remember Bosh not playing...was that when his baby dinosaur was being born?

Freedom Kid7
08-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Bookmarked.

TheeBeast
08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Bookmarked.

My prediction: We have at least 3 all stars this coming year. I'll give it a 40% chance we have all four on the roster.

Book it!

KG215
08-18-2012, 05:51 PM

And LeBron's been to three. So where's Kobe been those three times?

TheeBeast
08-18-2012, 05:54 PM

Kobe's been to 7 :confusedshrug:

RazorBaLade
08-18-2012, 05:58 PM
pau can be an allstar for 1 game but not consistent enough anymore

we essentially have 3 superstars. kobe howard is 2 and pau+nash are both almost stars and combine to be a superstar. heat have 2 supers and 1 star. okc has 2 supers and 1 almost star

KG215
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Kobe's been to 7 :confusedshrug:

He's talking about since LeBron entered the league. He was putting all the blame on LeBron for not producing a Kobe vs. LeBron finals since 2003-2004, by saying Kobe has been to 4 NBA Finals since then; completely ignoring the fact that LeBron has been to 3 Finals.

highwhey
08-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Cuz miami has a good frontcourt right? LOLWTF

Howard/Pau will destroy bosh and(whos their scrub center?). Bosh, after returning from injury made his quick stint and performed well but he cant stop Pau or Dwight.

Let's see, Nash is always a threat on offense because his shot is automatic, wether it be from 12 feet away or a 3, he's a threat. Kobe, living legend, can do it all, Metta can make a huge impact with his Defense if he puts all his effort into making Lebron work for all his points. Dwight and Pau will contain Bosh and control the paint for the year of 2013.

So really, the real war will take place in the paint where Miami has their biggest liability.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 06:48 PM

Oh common. 2011 and 2012 the lakers werent expected or predicted to even make it to the western confrence finals due to a lack of wins/depth and age

The years lebron didnt make it in 2009 and 2010... The cavs were favorites to win it all. Expected to win it all.. And CHOKED

Whenever kobes expected to make the finals. He makes it.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 06:54 PM
He's talking about since LeBron entered the league. He was putting all the blame on LeBron for not producing a Kobe vs. LeBron finals since 2003-2004, by saying Kobe has been to 4 NBA Finals since then; completely ignoring the fact that LeBron has been to 3 Finals.
And u just got ETHERED

Feels good huh? Lol

Oh and btw. Howd those 3 finals pan out? I forget

He got the halfy last year right? Was there even a season? I dunno it ended so fast i dont even remember what happend lmfao

Freedom Kid7
08-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Oh common. 2011 and 2012 the lakers werent expected or predicted to even make it to the western confrence finals due to a lack of wins/depth and age

The years lebron didnt make it in 2009 and 2010... The cavs were favorites to win it all. Expected to win it all.. And CHOKED

Somewhere out there Dirk is laughing

KG215
08-18-2012, 07:01 PM
And u just got ETHERED

Feels good huh? Lol

Oh and btw. Howd those 3 finals pan out? I forget

He got the halfy last year right? Was there even a season? I dunno it ended so fast i dont even remember what happend lmfao

What the hell does how LeBron did in those Finals have to do with what we are discussing? You were placing all the blame on LeBron for not producing a Kobe vs. LeBron Finals when LeBron has only been to one fewer Finals than Kobe since he entered the league.

God, you're such a moron. I back you into a corner, you don't know how to claw your way out, so you throw out more meaningless drivel that doesn't pertain to the topic.

BlackVVaves
08-18-2012, 07:01 PM

Like 2003?

BlackVVaves
08-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm convinced Kennethgriffin and Miami Thrice are the same person. No way there are two different that are capable of being this idiotic.

The Kobe and Bron stans are getting out of control :facepalm

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 07:23 PM
What the hell does how LeBron did in those Finals have to do with what we are discussing? You were placing all the blame on LeBron for not producing a Kobe vs. LeBron Finals when LeBron has only been to one fewer Finals than Kobe since he entered the league.

God, you're such a moron. I back you into a corner, you don't know how to claw your way out, so you throw out more meaningless drivel that doesn't pertain to the topic.

i guess you're blind... can you copy and paste this into your custom braille printer software

2011 and 2012 the lakers werent expected or predicted to even make the western confrence finals, let alone nba finals

they just went 3 years in a row and didnt have depth anymore, phil gave up. the win totals went way down and nobody picked them to make the finals

The years lebron didnt make it in 2009 and 2010 ( 2 of the 3 years kobe made it... ) The cavs were favorites to win it all. no ones ever not made the finals with 2 straight 60+ win teams before... NO ONE

Expected to win it all..

And CHOKED

2003 = injured shoulder, shaq injured foot
2005/6/7 = rebuilding/kwame/smush
2011/12 = rebuilding again

every other year hes made the finals since 2000

lebron had no excuse for not making the finals in 2009 and 2010

none

its lebrons fault the kobe/lebron finals never happend

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Like 2003?

A) who makes 4 straight finals?

B) who makes 4 straight finals with medvidenko and devean george as the new starting SF and PF

C) who makes 4 straight finals with your 2 best played injured in the playoffs ( kobe shoulder/knee and shaq foot... both got surgery for it )

D) what team is predicted to make 4 straight finals when theyre 2nd in the pacific division with a 50-32 record?

try again

:hammerhead:

Zedja
08-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Pointless thread is pointless.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Pointless thread is pointless.

well it was about the lakers being the best team by far

then it turned to kobe vs lebron on who choked the possible finals matchup

and now its about you contributing nothing and just wasting everyones time

thats 3 points right there

KG215
08-18-2012, 07:44 PM
i guess you're blind... can you copy and paste this into your custom braille printer software

2011 and 2012 the lakers werent expected or predicted to even make the western confrence finals, let alone nba finals

they just went 3 years in a row and didnt have depth anymore, phil gave up. the win totals went way down and nobody picked them to make the finals

The years lebron didnt make it in 2009 and 2010 ( 2 of the 3 years kobe made it... ) The cavs were favorites to win it all. no ones ever not made the finals with 2 straight 60+ win teams before... NO ONE

Expected to win it all..

And CHOKED

2003 = injured shoulder, shaq injured foot
2005/6/7 = rebuilding/kwame/smush
2011/12 = rebuilding again

every other year hes made the finals since 2000

lebron had no excuse for not making the finals in 2009 and 2010

none

its lebrons fault the kobe/lebron finals never happend

In 2009 and 2010 they weren't the favorites to win it all; the Lakers were. And, in fact, in 2009 and 2010 just as many people expected the Celtics to make the Finals if healthy. That didn't pan out in 2009 but everyone stayed healthy in 2010, and they got back to the Finals. I'll kind of give you 2009, but you can't place that much blame on LeBron. He averaged 38-8-8 on 49% shooting in the ECF. The Magic were just in the midst of a ridiculously hot three-point shooting stretch and shot 41% from three that series on 152 attempts. 2010, you can say he "quit" or whatever, but the fact is Boston was healthy and just better. After LeBron, they had the next four best players in the series.

You can say what you want about LeBron "choking" or not making the Finals either year, I don't care. I'm not a LeBron fan. I just get tired of you constantly starting this idiotic threads to prop up Kobe and the Lakers.

KG215
08-18-2012, 07:47 PM
well it was about the lakers being the best team by far

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

At you claiming them as not only the best team, but the best team by far, even though they haven't played a single game together yet.

Obvious agenda is obvious.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 07:48 PM
In 2009 and 2010 they weren't the favorites to win it all; the Lakers were. And, in fact, in 2009 and 2010 just as many people expected the Celtics to make the Finals if healthy. That didn't pan out in 2009 but everyone stayed healthy in 2010, and they got back to the Finals. I'll kind of give you 2009, but you can't place that much blame on LeBron. He averaged 38-8-8 on 49% shooting in the ECF. The Magic were just in the midst of a ridiculously hot three-point shooting stretch and shot 41% from three that series on 152 attempts. 2010, you can say he "quit" or whatever, but the fact is Boston was healthy and just better. After LeBron, they had the next four best players in the series.

You can say what you want about LeBron "choking" or not making the Finals either year, I don't care. I'm not a LeBron fan. I just get tired of you constantly starting this idiotic threads to prop up Kobe and the Lakers.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stopped reading right there

gtfo

right before the playoffs started both 2009 and 2010 every single espn analysts picked cleveland to win it all

hawke812
08-18-2012, 07:49 PM

Kobe will lock down DWade and shake Lolbron to the core:pimp:

hawke812
08-18-2012, 07:50 PM

gtfo

right before the playoffs started both 2009 and 2010 every single espn analysts picked cleveland to win it all

This is true.

PyrrhusX
08-18-2012, 07:56 PM
This is why I hate how ovrrconfident some laker fans have become in their untested team. I don't see how Miami with the best player in the game are not the favourites again. They did not blow up their big three core or their championship team, they added to it and improved.

When the lakers don't win it all and underachieve from the expectations of many in these forums ....... what will lakers fans do? What excuses will they come up with? Steve nash too old? Bench too bad?

Miami are the favourites and rightly so.

kennethgriffin
08-18-2012, 07:57 PM
This is why I hate how ovrrconfident some laker fans have become.

can you blame us? we're spoiled

we average a finals appearence every 2nd year

KG215
08-18-2012, 08:03 PM

gtfo

They were the trendy pick because they rolled through the ECF with the league's best record.

You could be right, every ESPN analyst may have been picking the Cavs. I'd have to see a link. But that doesn't mean they were better than the Lakers or even a healthy Celtics team. And the Lakers were the defending WCF champs, had everyone back, and finished with ONE less win than the Cavs int he tougher Western Conference. But yes, the Cavs were the favorites in the East that year.

Besides, I already said I'll give you 2009. They were the favorites in the East and should've made the Finals. At the same time, though, the Magic got insanely hot from three; like historically hot. It happens. And, again, in 2010 they might have been the favorites, but the Celtics were healthy, and after the first round people started to see and realize they were healthy enough to get back to the Finals.

I have no idea why I'm arguing with you about this. It's meaningless. If you want to try and make Kobe look better by blaming LeBron for not producing a Kobe vs. LeBron Finals, so be it. I honestly don't give two shits if they ever meet in the Finals, and most non-Laker and non-Heat fans don't either.

ILLsmak
08-18-2012, 08:11 PM
On Paper, LA looks considerably better, but how will that translate? That's why they play the games.

Miami never had to deal with a player like Gasol last year let alone Howard. LeBron can't guard either of them.

-Smak

PyrrhusX
08-18-2012, 08:15 PM
On Paper, LA looks considerably better, but how will that translate? That's why they play the games.

Miami never had to deal with a player like Gasol last year let alone Howard. LeBron can't guard either of them.

-Smak

It works both ways. Can LA guard Lebron or Wade(assuming he comes back fully healed)? Can LA, for that matter, even guard Durant and Westbrook? The thunder and heat would only struggle guarding Howard.

Story Up
08-18-2012, 08:49 PM
It works both ways. Can LA guard Lebron or Wade(assuming he comes back fully healed)? Can LA, for that matter, even guard Durant and Westbrook? The thunder and heat would only struggle guarding Howard.
So Miami can guard Kobe but LA can't guard Wade? K then.
Nash plus Gasol and Howard will cause headaches for any team including Miami and OKC, plus you still have Kobe to worry about. Quit acting like all they have to do is stop Howard. Nash is the key, he'll make our twin tower very deadly!

PyrrhusX
08-18-2012, 09:22 PM
So Miami can guard Kobe but LA can't guard Wade? K then.
Nash plus Gasol and Howard will cause headaches for any team including Miami and OKC, plus you still have Kobe to worry about. Quit acting like all they have to do is stop Howard. Nash is the key, he'll make our twin tower very deadly!

All this theory is nice, but nothing has been done yet. Laker fans are assuming the best case scenario when it may not be the case, primarily because the new core have not played 1 game together yet. The lakers are getting older and older, that is the one fact standing out the most.

The one thing we can agree on, however, is that the three teams have players they have trouble guarding. And because of that, I cant see the views of particular laker fans that next season's ring is already theirs. It all looks good on paper, it all sounds good in theory but what might happen will most likely not happen. The lakers could win it all, but it is just as likely at this poin that they wont.

Laker fans need to accept that Miami are the team to beat. Most other fans of other teams have already accepted this.

All Net
08-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Miami are the team to beat until proven otherwise. They are the champions who have improved with adding Ray but out of all the 3 teams the Lakers will get by far the most easy points. Both Miami and Thunder will have to work that much harder for the points than LA would.

That's not to say this Laker team will win it all but certainly helps in a 7 game series to get those cheap points.

I like our chances vs both Thunder and Heat but nothing is a given here.

HiphopRelated
08-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Miami are the team to beat until proven otherwise. They are the champions who have improved with adding Ray but out of all the 3 teams the Lakers will get by far the most easy points. Both Miami and Thunder will have to work that much harder for the points than LA would.

That's not to say this Laker team will win it all but certainly helps in a 7 game series to get those cheap points.

I like our chances vs both Thunder and Heat but nothing is a given here.
That still assumes Kobe is willing to relinquish control of the offense to make those "easy points" the focus. I'm hardly convinced Dwight can get points easier than Bynum.

Lakers had the best front court in the league last year too

If Dwight and Pau are never sure if they're going to eat or not, the Lakers aren't nearly as threatening as on paper

All Net
08-19-2012, 10:04 AM
That still assumes Kobe is willing to relinquish control of the offense to make those "easy points" the focus. I'm hardly convinced Dwight can get points easier than Bynum.

Lakers had the best front court in the league last year too

Bynum was inconsistent at times effort wise. You know that won't be the case with Dwight. He can be consistently dominant... Having a PG like Nash is going going to make the bigs get easier baskets. Nash is the huge key here. His court vision will be huge.

Rubio2Gasol
08-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Thunder beat Lakers
Lakers Beat Heat
Heat beat Thunder.

/thread.

PJR
08-19-2012, 10:09 AM
All this theory is nice, but nothing has been done yet. Laker fans are assuming the best case scenario when it may not be the case, primarily because the new core have not played 1 game together yet. The lakers are getting older and older, that is the one fact standing out the most.

The one thing we can agree on, however, is that the three teams have players they have trouble guarding. And because of that, I cant see the views of particular laker fans that next season's ring is already theirs. It all looks good on paper, it all sounds good in theory but what might happen will most likely not happen. The lakers could win it all, but it is just as likely at this poin that they wont.

Laker fans need to accept that Miami are the team to beat. Most other fans of other teams have already accepted this.

+ 1

Harison
08-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Lakers wins.

MrWarrior
08-19-2012, 11:01 AM
The reason I can see the Lakers losing is the pace that the Thunder play. I see the Thunder outrunning the Lakers, and Kevin Durant demolishing Ron Artest this year.

Thunder vs Heat rematch. I'm calling it!

KOBE143
08-19-2012, 11:19 AM
With Dwight and Nash on the team now, they cant no longer tripleteam Kobe and good luck for them guarding him 1 on 1..

Lakers easily.. Swept or if they're lucky enuff in 5..

BlackVVaves
08-19-2012, 11:36 AM
With Dwight and Nash on the team now, they cant no longer tripleteam Kobe and good luck for them guarding him 1 on 1..

Lakers easily.. Swept or if they're lucky enuff in 5..

When do the Heat or Thunder triple team Kobe?

You're about 5 years late, Kobe stan. Kobe's still elite, but you and I both know Wade and Thabo don't require triple teams to guard him. They won't stop Kobe from getting his points, but he won't be scoring easily against D-Level defenders either.

Not sure why it's hard for you people to be realistic. Rational. Reasonable.

All Net
08-19-2012, 02:38 PM
When do the Heat or Thunder triple team Kobe?

You're about 5 years late, Kobe stan. Kobe's still elite, but you and I both know Wade and Thabo don't require triple teams to guard him. They won't stop Kobe from getting his points, but he won't be scoring easily against D-Level defenders either.

Not sure why it's hard for you people to be realistic. Rational. Reasonable.

Ignore him, he's just trolling to get a reaction. It seems at times people pretend to be Kobe fans to get people to hate the Lakers more.

kennethgriffin
08-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Ignore him, he's just trolling to get a reaction. It seems at times people pretend to be Kobe fans to get people to hate the Lakers more.

yet you bump my threads to get people to ignore me

LOL

:bowdown: goat hypocrite

WeGetRing2012
08-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Lakers.

All Net
08-19-2012, 02:46 PM
yet you bump my threads to get people to ignore me

LOL

:bowdown: goat hypocrite

So you are saying you also post under the name KOBE143?

LBJDW305
08-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Lol it was* stacked

Miami is sooo 2011... Get with the times man...

Gotta update that big 3.... We got a big 4 now lol

Lol yea because kobe couldn't win a game in the second round with his big 3 :yaohappy:

kennethgriffin
08-19-2012, 02:55 PM

sorry thought you were talking about me. didnt even check who you were quoting

just assumed it was me cause its my thread and it got bumped out of nowhere

Lebron23
08-19-2012, 02:55 PM

Just delete this thread. You need to Pm Jeff, and tell him to IP ban that douchebag.

kennethgriffin
08-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Just delete this thread. You need to Pm Jeff, and tell him to IP ban that douchebag.

lol surprise surprise... a lebron fan disapproves of a kobe fan

wonder why

All Net
08-19-2012, 03:03 PM
sorry thought you were talking about me. didnt even check who you were quoting

just assumed it was me cause its my thread and it got bumped out of nowhere

It was only on page 2. Thought disussing who people thought would come out on top in a series was the best way to get good basketball chat. Hense why it was bumped.

kennethgriffin
08-19-2012, 03:05 PM
It was only on page 2. Thought disussing who people thought would come out on top in a series was the best way to get good basketball chat. Hense why it was bumped.

not according to lebron23

he wants anyone who thinks the lakers are better than miami to be IP banned

if you say anothing positive about kobe or the lakers.. its trolling

:roll:

heres a thought. maybe i actually believe what i'm saying. and maybe it has some truth to it. is it really that outlandish to say kobe/howard/nash/gasol/artest/jamison could be the best collection of tallent since the 60s celtics?

BlackVVaves
08-19-2012, 03:33 PM

You know All Net, in the past I've felt that some of these guys don't really like Kobe or the Lakers at all, but are just vying to stir more buzz in the anti-Kobe hive, like you said.

Too bad we can't just play connect 4 with IP addresses.

swi7ch
08-19-2012, 03:38 PM
LAL v OKC = OKC
OKC v MIA = MIA
LAL v MIA = LAL

fpliii
08-19-2012, 03:39 PM
not according to lebron23

he wants anyone who thinks the lakers are better than miami to be IP banned

if you say anothing positive about kobe or the lakers.. its trolling

:roll:

heres a thought. maybe i actually believe what i'm saying. and maybe it has some truth to it. is it really that outlandish to say kobe/howard/nash/gasol/artest/jamison could be the best collection of tallent since the 60s celtics?

griff, it's not all about total level of talent

the playoffs are all about matchups; if you run into an opponent who has a significant matchup advantage against you, chances are you're going to be eliminated in a seven game series

Boston C's
08-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Ray is nowhere near an allstar level anymore and wont get allot of PT

yea im sure mike miller and james jones will get more playing time then ray allen :rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
08-19-2012, 03:46 PM
griff, it's not all about total level of talent

the playoffs are all about matchups; if you run into an opponent who has a significant matchup advantage against you, chances are you're going to be eliminated in a seven game series

ya i know about matchups

Westbrook cant stop nash.... nash cant stop westbrook

harden cant stop kobe... kobe CAN stop harden

artest cant stop durant... artest isnt really a big threat offensively

ibaka cant stop pau... ibaka isnt really a big thread offensively

howard totally destroys anything OKC throws at him. especially with nash at point and kobe drawing defenders

---------------------------

as for miami

nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chalmers

Kobe >>>>>Wade

Pau >>>>>Bosh

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>who?

lebrons the only advantage

-----------------------

as for sanantonio LOL

Nash = Parker

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ginobili

Metta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leonard

Gasol >>>>>>> Duncan

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> who?

fpliii
08-19-2012, 03:48 PM
ya i know about matchups

Westbrook cant stop nash.... nash cant stop westbrook

harden cant stop kobe... kobe CAN stop harden

ibaka cant stop pau... ibaka isnt really a big thread offensively

howard totally destroys anything OKC throws at him. especially with nash at point and kobe drawing defenders

as for miami

nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chalmers

Kobe >>>>>Wade

Pau >>>>>Bosh

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>who?

lebrons the only advantage

-----------------------

as for sanantonio LOL

Nash = Parker

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ginobili

Metta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leonard

Gasol >>>>>>> Duncan

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> who?

I don't mean player matchups, which mean little in a seven game series unless there's a complete mismatch (which you rarely see in the conference finals/Finals). I'm speaking more about contrasting play styles, size vs speed, playcalling, team defense, etc.

Sleu27
08-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Haha

Lakers in 5

and its not even close

Rest of the NBA Teams are so maaad right now

RRR3
08-19-2012, 04:06 PM
ya i know about matchups

Westbrook can stop nash.... nash cant stop westbrook

harden cant stop kobe... kobe can't stop harden

ibaka can bother pau... ibaka isnt really a big thread offensively

as for miami

nash >chalmers, but Nash can't guard Chalmers (Nash can't guard anyone)

Kobe<Wade

Pau>Haslem/Battier

Howard>Bosh

lebrons is a gigantic advantage being the best in the NBA

-----------------------

as for sanantonio LOL

Nash<Parker

Kobe>Ginobili

Metta=Leonard

Gasol>Diaw

Howard>Duncan
fixed

BlackVVaves
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
LAL v OKC = OKC
OKC v MIA = MIA
LAL v MIA = LAL

Pretty much this. It's a game of match-ups, don't know why that's so hard for half the people that have inhabited this thread to realize.

WeGetRing2012
08-19-2012, 04:38 PM
LAL v OKC = OKC
OKC v MIA = MIA
LAL v MIA = LAL

This makes absolutely no sense...

All Net
08-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Pretty much this. It's a game of match-ups, don't know why that's so hard for half the people that have inhabited this thread to realize.

It is all about match-ups and Thunder/Lakers will be a great contrast of styles. in the playoffs there wasn't much in it just a few plays here and there which gives me confidence we can beat them this time around with the additions of Nash and Dwight.

BlackVVaves
08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
This makes absolutely no sense...

Why doesn't it make sense?

I bet this would make tons of sense to you:

OKC vs Lakers = Lakers
Miami vs Lakers = Lakers
OKC vs Miami = Lakers

kennethgriffin
08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
fixed

lol@ 3rd team all nba, 22ppg 2nd banana wade being better than 1st team all nba 28ppg kobe

wades prime lasted about 3 seasons... the guys already declined beyond kobe

wade relied way too much on his speed and its showing now because of his declining athleticism

hes a shell of what he once was

and the refs dont give him nearly as many BS calls

BlackVVaves
08-19-2012, 04:52 PM
It is all about match-ups and Thunder/Lakers will be a great contrast of styles. in the playoffs there wasn't much in it just a few plays here and there which gives me confidence we can beat them this time around with the additions of Nash and Dwight.

I'm not implying the Lakers can't beat OKC. They are certainly better equip now, with a big that is the best pick and roll defender (out of all bigs) in the league, compared to Bynum who is conversely one of the worst.

I'm just saying, you still have to give the edge to OKC because they have two mismatches in Durant and Westbrook, while the Lakers only have one in Dwight.

Until the Lakers actually play and prove they can beat OKC, it's dumb for Laker fans to get so overconfident. Why not just hush, be graceful until these teams play each other in the regular season, and then make some type of arguments based on actual empirical evidence.

All they are doing is supplying the members of the board who despise them most with material to cite if the Lakers fail this upcoming post season.

If that was my team, I'd simply stick to facts and keep it at "we'll see come playoff time. Both teams boast match up problems to be exposed." That's it. Simple, modest, and true.

All Net
08-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm not implying the Lakers can't beat OKC. They are certainly better equip now, with a big that is the best pick and roll defender (out of all bigs) in the league, compared to Bynum who is conversely one of the worst.

I'm just saying, you still have to give the edge to OKC because they have two mismatches in Durant and Westbrook, while the Lakers only have one in Dwight.

Until the Lakers actually play and prove they can beat OKC, it's dumb for Laker fans to get so overconfident. Why not just hush, be graceful until these teams play each other in the regular season, and then make some type of arguments based on actual empirical evidence.

All they are doing is supplying the members of the board who despise them most with material to cite if the Lakers fail this upcoming post season.

If that was my team, I'd simply stick to facts and keep it at "we'll see come playoff time. Both teams boast match up problems to be exposed." That's it. Simple, modest, and true.

Both Miami and OKC deserve to be ranked ahead as these are the two finalists. Obviously through the course of the season that may likely change but right now they are proven. Not a bad thing either for L.A to be ranked behind them both at this moment anyway.

Granted chemistry shouldn't be an issue but until they play together who knows.

BlackVVaves
08-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Both Miami and OKC deserve to be ranked ahead as these are the two finalists. Obviously through the course of the season that may likely change but right now they are proven. Not a bad thing either for L.A to be ranked behind them both at this moment anyway.

Granted chemistry shouldn't be an issue but until they play together who knows.

It's not a bad thing at all. It's better to be underrated than overrated.

I felt the same way about Miami in the summer of 2010. Miami fans having a good ol time predicting championships. A year later they had to hide their their faces in the sand.

Sleu27
08-19-2012, 05:32 PM
fixed

Damn the stupidness is strong with this one :facepalm

KyrieTheFuture
08-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Lettuce be real. There are no favorites for a title this year. All three teams have an even shot.

TheeBeast
08-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Lettuce be real. There are no favorites for a title this year. All three teams have an even shot.

Yeah and those three are the favorites :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Kobe will be 0-2 in the NBA Finals playing with 3 other HOF teammates next season.

Heavincent
08-19-2012, 05:49 PM
fixed

Wade better than Kobe?

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2012, 05:52 PM
How many Finals has Nash played in before?

Sleu27
08-19-2012, 06:04 PM
How many Finals has Nash played in before?

How many times did lebron wet the bed in 4th qtrs?

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2012, 06:05 PM
How many times did lebron wet the bed in 4th qtrs?

One of the highest scorers in the 4th quarters in the NBA. Nash is a loser who never led any of his stacked teams to the Finals.

Sleu27
08-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Tell me more please:eek:

RRR3
01-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Truth. Its over
Another spectacular fail by Griffmoney :applause:

Kiddlovesnets
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
umm a 7 games series in NBA2k13?

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Amazing how wrong some of these Laker fans were.....