PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyns new court

eliteballer
08-21-2012, 02:37 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1306906/new_floor_at_IZOD.jpg

The poster reported that "the team was running a practice setup in the Izod center before they put it in Barclays Center. It's a new type of wood flooring, no team has except Brooklyn

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/8/21/3257432/is-that-the-barclays-floor-at-izod

QuebecBaller
08-21-2012, 02:39 PM
No "3D" board like the Raptors have at the end of the court = Fail

:oldlol: :oldlol:

GOBB
08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
3d thing is a fail. Any photos of the outside?

bagelred
08-21-2012, 02:44 PM
yo yo yo....black and white be da colors.....dats hard core, right Jay Z?

inner city cliche

Rowe
08-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Knicks fan here, but I love that court.

I can't wait for us to close out a 1st Rd series on that floor.

niko
08-21-2012, 02:47 PM

inner city cliche
They should have went with the Yankee dark blue. I like their uniforms, but this black is so passe, that was back when kids wore black to look like the gangs, the LA Kings, Raiders colors, etc. Brooklyn is soccer moms and yuppies, my wive's friend who is this tiny japanese woman has an apt. on Marcy avenue. :lol It's a LITTLE different than what Jay Z rapped about.

kennethgriffin
08-21-2012, 02:48 PM
3d thing is a fail. Any photos of the outside?
this

and why does it look like nba live 96 pixolated garbage

Haymaker
08-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Jay-Z should've let that job to a proper designer. His ideas are mediocre.

Sleu27
08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1306906/new_floor_at_IZOD.jpg

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/8/21/3257432/is-that-the-barclays-floor-at-izod

hideous

looks like my community centers court

kentatm
08-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Jay-Z should've let that job to a proper designer. His ideas are mediocre.

he may be a little crazy as well.

what was up with his camp saying he had to argue with the league to get black unis b/c the higher ups don't like the way they look on black players?
[QUOTE]
He helped design the team logos and choose the team

WeGetRing2012
08-21-2012, 03:40 PM

inner city cliche

STFU...

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Brooklyn Nets branding is so fail.

NauruDude
08-21-2012, 04:17 PM
haha dumbass brooklyn forgot the basket or somebody stole it!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

swi7ch
08-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Black color looks good on everything in sports! :bowdown:

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
They should have went with the Yankee dark blue. I like their uniforms, but this black is so passe, that was back when kids wore black to look like the gangs, the LA Kings, Raiders colors, etc. Brooklyn is soccer moms and yuppies, my wive's friend who is this tiny japanese woman has an apt. on Marcy avenue. :lol It's a LITTLE different than what Jay Z rapped about.
Actually, the whole idea was to be gang neutral. If people wanted to dress "gangsta", but not wear any gang colours, they would just wear all black to be neutral.

fatboy11
08-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Why are you jokers bashing the court based off a blurry ass picture?

KyrieTheFuture
08-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Purple seats? Also I still can't get over how badly they botched the new branding opportunity.

fatboy11
08-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Purple seats? Also I still can't get over how badly they botched the new branding opportunity.

Purple seats are the Izod Center in Jersey, not the arena they'll be playing in.

crisoner
08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
I dig the colors....kind of like the Spurs with no silver.

When are the jerseys coming out?

swi7ch
08-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Black + purple is the color of Royalty in medieval times. :no:

alwaysunny
08-21-2012, 05:07 PM

I've never seen a Brooklyn native so negatively obsessed with the Nets as you. Not just the Nets, but the whole borough itself. Soccer moms and yuppies? Brooklyn is the most populous borough in NYC yet here you are making retarded generalities while completely disregarding the diversity and this isn't the first time I've seen you do this. Don't you have any pride in where your from?

bagelred
08-21-2012, 05:09 PM
STFU...

dag we don't do f-cking colors down heres in Brooklyn....nah, its gots to black and white.....hard fc-king core.

DixieNourmous
08-21-2012, 05:20 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/05/22/nets-logosx-large.jpg

Seems a little cartoonish.... needs font like the Raiders black n White

http://store.nike.com/nikestore/merchandising/mobile/storefronts/us/landing/football/img/nfl_header_raiders.jpg

Yeah I know, Raiders win nothing,, but someday, if they win it all, no one can say I am a bandwagoneer :coleman:

Nero Tulip
08-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I actually like it. There's a certain retro charm to it.

It's A VC3!!!
08-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Brooklyn Nets branding is so fail.
How far up your stupid ass did you reach to grab this untrue and stupid statement?

The Nets brand is earning them millions in sales and the jerseys haven't even been released yet.

Good try buddy. Try again.:facepalm

And I dislike the flooring although it will grow on me in due time.

bagelred
08-21-2012, 08:11 PM
yo yo yo......check it out.......nets uniforms in black and white cause da bruthas in da hood only have black and white TVs...........oh snap........oh no I didn't..........ya momma!!!!!

#racismisfun

mattvNJ
08-21-2012, 08:24 PM
How far up your stupid ass did you reach to grab this untrue and stupid statement?

The Nets brand is earning them millions in sales and the jerseys haven't even been released yet.

i agree with you the nets have always been one of my teams along with the Grizz. But i spent a majority of my life in NJ. I feel they're branding has been amazing, they're in the media, on this site often, i see their shirts and merchandize fairly often and they're a new brand. They're doing amazing so far and i look forward to seeing them prosper. Although the ticket prices i feel will be crazy, but what else can u expect with all the money the russian owner has been throwing. They started it off on the right foot in my book

ZaaaaaH
08-21-2012, 08:47 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/05/22/nets-logosx-large.jpg

http://store.nike.com/nikestore/merchandising/mobile/storefronts/us/landing/football/img/nfl_header_raiders.jpg

Yeah I know, Raiders win nothing,, but someday, if they win it all, no one can say I am a bandwagoneer :coleman:

Raiders use grey Nets do not.

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 08:53 PM

:facepalm

How many time must this issue be explained to you people?

EVERY team gets an equal share of jersey sales, regardless of what team the jersey is. Brooklyn gets the exact same cut of Nets jersey sales as they get from Lakers or Raptors jersey sales.

DixieNourmous
08-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Raiders use grey Nets do not.

No Grey, its actually Silver & Black.

Looks Gansta :lol

niko
08-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I've never seen a Brooklyn native so negatively obsessed with the Nets as you. Not just the Nets, but the whole borough itself. Soccer moms and yuppies? Brooklyn is the most populous borough in NYC yet here you are making retarded generalities while completely disregarding the diversity and this isn't the first time I've seen you do this. Don't you have any pride in where your from?
The nets from the beginning have branded as they are this team for the people, like this affordable team for the poor black kids all over Brooklyn. ITS NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Don't get on me for speaking truth. Brooklyn is pretty expensive, it's not poor, it's not urban the way people paint it. No shit it's diverse, my ****ing house is diverse. The PR (me), his japanese wife, his mixed kids, his jew sister downstairs. :lol My black best friend and his japanese wife here every day.

I thought they should have done Yankee Blue instead of Black. I'm hating on Brooklyn for that comment? Are you joking? Yankee Blue is a problem to you?

The Nets have from the beginning tried to brand like they are this hip urban team for poor Brooklyn that can't afford the Knicks. I don't get it. Especially because the tickets are not cheap. Sorry. And i don't like Black uniforms...in general. See my thoughts on NWO Heat and Knicks Black trimmed ugly unis.

Snoop_Cat
08-21-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't mind the color scheme, the Spurs are essentially the same colors (black, silver, white .... looks more or less the same) and they seem to run well with it.

My problem is that ugly ass logo...

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't mind the color scheme, the Spurs are essentially the same colors (black, silver, white .... looks more or less the same) and they seem to run well with it.

My problem is that ugly ass logo...
The logo seriously looks super amateur. Like they weren't talking it serious at all.

WeGetRing2012
08-21-2012, 09:33 PM
dag we don't do f-cking colors down heres in Brooklyn....nah, its gots to black and white.....hard fc-king core.

He's worth 500 mil + what makes you think he thinks like that? I swear most people on this site are just dumb...

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 09:40 PM
He's worth 500 mil + what makes you think he thinks like that? I swear most people on this site are just dumb...
What does that have to do with anything? Michael Jordan and James Dolan are rich too. You want them running your team?

Knicksfever2010
08-21-2012, 09:44 PM
why the purple seats? Looks like they're trying to copycat the pre-renovated MSG

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 09:48 PM
They'd honestly be better off just ripping the old Dodgers logo. The garbage they're using is such a wasted opportunity.

B

^This is really the best they came up with? Just a "B" in a boring ass standard font?

niko
08-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I think people think i'm being facietious but i'm not, the Nets are trying to paint themselves as the team of the people, the team for the poor people who can't afford the Knicks, a more "real" alternative, more street, etc. Living in Brooklyn where houses costs $800k and where "urban Brooklyn" was 20 years ago i just don't get the branding. It doesn't mean the unis aren't nice (i said they were in this thread) but to me living in Brooklyn and comparing what tutoring and ballet classes our kids will go to, it just strikes me as very fake.

Marcy avenue is white kids strolling around at night to go to Starbucks. It's not 1985. I think Yankee Blue and White would have been nice. to me, black feels very minor league.

DKLaker
08-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow.....I was a bit excited about the move to Brooklyn until I saw the boring uniforms and terrible floor :hammerhead:
Bad enough they kept the boring @ss Nets name.
Nobody can rock Silver and Black like the Raiders because you can't beat the pirate logo......even LA Kings gear looks pretty cool......but Nets??? :facepalm

eliteballer
08-21-2012, 10:09 PM
The nets from the beginning have branded as they are this team for the people, like this affordable team for the poor black kids all over Brooklyn. ITS NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Don't get on me for speaking truth. Brooklyn is pretty expensive, it's not poor, it's not urban the way people paint it. No shit it's diverse, my ****ing house is diverse. The PR (me), his japanese wife, his mixed kids, his jew sister downstairs. :lol My black best friend and his japanese wife here every day.

I thought they should have done Yankee Blue instead of Black. I'm hating on Brooklyn for that comment? Are you joking? Yankee Blue is a problem to you?

The Nets have from the beginning tried to brand like they are this hip urban team for poor Brooklyn that can't afford the Knicks. I don't get it. Especially because the tickets are not cheap. Sorry. And i don't like Black uniforms...in general. See my thoughts on NWO Heat and Knicks Black trimmed ugly unis.

Hold up. A few things wrong with your whole approach.

1. Compared to Manhattan, ANYWHERE is going to be a lot less ritzy.

2. Being urban doesnt just apply to the ghetto or the projects. Urban is what sells, especially to the middle class. You think Jay-Z made hundreds of millions selling his sh!t to people who dont have money?

3. I'm pretty sure I read a large portion of the Nets tickets the first year at least are going to be $10-15.

NBA4EVER
08-21-2012, 10:13 PM
If you wanna see the court, just look at the 3D seating chart.

http://www.nba.com/nets/barclays_center_3d_seating_chart.html

it's the exact same, minus the center logo

It's A VC3!!!
08-21-2012, 10:13 PM
:facepalm

How many time must this issue be explained to you people?

EVERY team gets an equal share of jersey sales, regardless of what team the jersey is. Brooklyn gets the exact same cut of Nets jersey sales as they get from Lakers or Raptors jersey sales.
And..?

Brooklyn having millions in jersey sales proves that the brand is appealing to the consumer.
The Bobcats having 800k in jersey sales proves that the consumer wants no part of the Bobcats jersey.
You're just an uninformed hater.
The Brooklyn brand is climbing astronomical lengths right now. I see 3 Brooklyn Net hats every day.

It's A VC3!!!
08-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Although the ticket prices i feel will be crazy, but what else can u expect with all the money the russian owner has been throwing. They started it off on the right foot in my book

The first year is going to feature cheap ticket prices too. Just the lower level seats and elite suites are going to go up tremendously. The mid to upper level is going to remain the same as it was in NJ. The second year is going to completely change though.

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 10:19 PM
And..?

Brooklyn having millions in jersey sales proves that the brand is appealing to the consumer.
The Bobcats having 800k in jersey sales proves that the consumer wants no part of the Bobcats jersey.
You're just an uninformed hater.
The Brooklyn brand is climbing astronomical lengths right now. I see 3 Brooklyn Net hats every day.
Don't you live in the area?:hammerhead:

It's A VC3!!!
08-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't you live in the area?:hammerhead:

I've been living in NY for my entire life and I have seen more Net hats in one week then my entire life. The Nets brand and vision is being shared by many New Yorkers and the way you dismiss or deny that is insulting and absurd.

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
I've been living in NY for my entire life and I have seen more Net hats in one week then my entire life. The Nets brand and vision is being shared by many New Yorkers and the way you dismiss or deny that is insulting and absurd.
Yeah, it's almost as if the team just moved there or something. :hammerhead:

Personally I used to see "Brooklyn Nets" hats all the time like 5 years ago.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

It's A VC3!!!
08-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah, it's almost as if the team just moved there or something. :hammerhead:

Personally I used to see "Brooklyn Nets" hats all the time like 5 years ago.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

thats why i said net hats. i never said brooklyn net hats. are you mentally challanged? wait, don't answer.:facepalm

you're just a hater.

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 10:28 PM
thats why i said net hats. i never said brooklyn net hats. are you mentally challanged? wait, don't answer.:facepalm

you're just a hater.
I don't even understand why you started this whole "the nets are getting popular in NY" thing. Yeah. Of course. Obviously. No one said they weren't. Duh.

G-train
08-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Number6 mad for some reason.
Why u mad?
Let Brooklyn be.

Jerseys/arena are cool. Dont hate the game playa.

i dunno what you take him as
or understnad that intelligence that jayz has
rags to riches NIKKA he aint dum
99 problems but a stadium aint one.

alwaysunny
08-21-2012, 10:55 PM

You take marketing way too seriously. They're just trying to attract fans. What you're doing is prematurely bashing something just because you didn't like the way they advertised their product. And no, "soccer moms and yuppies" is not speaking the truth. GTFOH :lol

"Knicks run Brooklyn" lol boy are you desperate

outbreak
08-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Brooklyn's new designs make my top 3 worst NBA colour\logo\design lists. That court looks like the one's i played on in junior leagues!

Nets fan 93
08-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Looks fresh. People really hating on it? hahaha

Clutch
08-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Looks ugly to me.

dunksby
08-22-2012, 07:25 AM
If they wanted good looking designs they would not contract a rapper to do it, so I'm not surprised his ideas turned out shit.

niko
08-22-2012, 07:59 AM
You take marketing way too seriously. They're just trying to attract fans. What you're doing is prematurely bashing something just because you didn't like the way they advertised their product. And no, "soccer moms and yuppies" is not speaking the truth. GTFOH :lol

I'm having fun with the Net fans. I change all the time. Does it bother you? Can you please list out what would be ok and not ok so i can write it?

And i don't like the marketing. Get over it. We are talking about it. Let me ask, should 100% of all the people in the world like the Nets new uniforms? Should 100% like the net court? Tell me what is ok not to like.

I live in Brooklyn, i can really tell you do not as do almost none of the Net fans on this board. I've been here 38 years, but i'm sure you know better, right?

niko
08-22-2012, 08:01 AM

I'm not taking it seriously, i'm not thinking about it outside this thread. I just have an opinion on it. Do you like it? WHAT? YOU LIKE IT A LOT? WTF, you are taking this way too seriously. Look at your avatar, it's Nets. What a stan you are. You are taking the Nets way too seriously.

Does it work both ways or is it only too serious when you don't like something?

Rake2204
08-22-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm not a big fan of the court design. I think it'd help to get a better glimpse of (say, from the TV angle in pre-season). From here, the hardwood looks pretty dark, and I'm still not a huge fan of the color scheme. I mean, it's a good start, I just felt they could have used a third color somewhere.

Burgz V2
08-22-2012, 09:11 AM
look at those seats, I feel like im looking at a soccer stadium :confusedshrug:

im in urban planning by trade and I've been keeping up with this stadium's progress for a while. I'm really interested to see the finished result (from the outside at least). Ratner and co. really strong armed this stadium through the policy stages (thanks to Prokhorov's big pockets) and when they said it would be done in 2012 I honestly let out a big hearty laugh. Now I feel like a fool, there really ISN'T anything money can't buy lol

niko
08-22-2012, 09:14 AM
look at those seats, I feel like im looking at a soccer stadium :confusedshrug:

im in urban planning by trade and I've been keeping up with this stadium's progress for a while. I'm really interested to see the finished result (from the outside at least). Ratner and co. really strong armed this stadium through the policy stages (thanks to Prokhorov's big pockets) and when they said it would be done in 2012 I honestly let out a big hearty laugh. Now I feel like a fool, there really ISN'T anything money can't buy lol

It's not that pretty from the outside. They haven't cleaned up around it yet either, there are still some remnants of the construction, etc.) where the building is located too is congested so it's hard (unless you get a picture) to see it in all it's glory because there are things in the way. I'd assume there will be more cleanup soon. One of the main entrants is right on a very congested street where the sidewalk is small. I'm curious how that goes gameday.

I've heard it's really nice on the inside. My brother in law went in to try to sell them insurance (he sells to the Jets, etc.). He said it was a beautiful place. He also said there was literally no parking, he had to park outside on the street.

I live about 10-15 minutes away by car btw. My sister lives about 10 minute walk away. My advice to anyone going to a game - TRAIN. If you MUST take a car, go early (like 4 hours), hang out, get something to eat, chill and keep your parking.

po3try
08-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I think its nice, like the black.

crisoner
08-22-2012, 05:59 PM

Raiders won when I was like 7....lol

Been a minute. And 2002....aww man that sucked. I was in SD for that crap. We shall rise again!!!

ralph_i_el
08-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Knicks fan here, but I love that court.

I can't wait for us to close out a 1st Rd series on that floor.

unfortunately neither of those teams will have homecourt in that round...

bagelred
08-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Nets don't even have the best sports logo IN BROOKLYN. :oldlol:

http://www.nyredcross.org/ama/orig/mynews/Brooklyn_cyclones.PNG

Michael_Wilbon
08-23-2012, 01:12 PM

:applause:

DKLaker
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :cheers: :applause:
Nets need to hire the guy who made this!!!!!!

gasolina
08-23-2012, 03:37 PM

That's got to be the first team logo I like that has 4+ colors

DKLaker
08-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Raiders won when I was like 7....lol

Been a minute. And 2002....aww man that sucked. I was in SD for that crap. We shall rise again!!!

Raiders and Saints for me. When I became a Saints fan they were horrible and my Raiders were great.....go figure :oldlol:
Raiders fan since the early 70's.......we will rise again!!!!!! R.I.P Al

Jax
08-23-2012, 04:05 PM
BK would look much better stylized than a regular boring B.

DStebb716
08-23-2012, 04:22 PM
That's got to be the first team logo I like that has 4+ colors

http://www.nationalsportsbeat.com/images/logos/mlb/Baltimore_Orioles.jpg

http://image.chatsports.com/logo_thumbs/miami-marlins.jpg

http://img.phombo.com/img1/photocombo/37/San_Antonio_Spurs_Old2.jpg