PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather take the last shot: Kobe or Lebron

Nick Young
08-21-2012, 02:54 PM
The scenario: Game 7 of the NBA finals. Team is down by 2. 4 seconds left on the shot clock, and your team takes the ball out from half court after burning your last timeout.

Who would you rather take the last shot that will decide your series?

:kobe: or :lebronamazed: ?

riseagainst
08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Kobe

Quickening
08-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Consideing Kobe has 25 percent sucess rate on match winners.... Lebron.

sipitri
08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Kobe if his teammates suck just because he actually has a reliable jumper, Lebron if we're talking about a super team because he will create an awesome shot but probably not for himself (in this case Kobe would shot the ball independently of how open his teammates are).

qrich
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Neither.

Steve Novak

Smoke117
08-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Lebron. The shot selection will just be better. Kobe's success rate is so low because the knucklehead takes the most idiotic shots you can imagine. If you are facing a Kobe ISO and chance at a game winner there is nothing to really be afraid of as the chance of it going in is small as the shot always has a high degree of difficulty especially if you double since he will just throw it up anyway instead of find the open man. It is what gives him this illusion as this great clutch shot maker because when he does make that occasional shot it looks great because it was such a tough shot that it makes him look like a big hero. Simple fans fall for that shit so easily. Obviously the numbers being kept have shown that he does not make the shot all that often though.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Lebron. I'd take Lebron in crunch time too.

ronron15
08-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Kobe all day

HorryIsMyMVP
08-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I think I'd take Lebron. I actually like the idea of differing to an open team mate in crunch time. It doesn't make sense to be egotistical and take a double teamed shot just because.

NuggetsFan
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Kobe if there's only 2.4 seconds left. I feel like he could get a better look and is the better shooter. I'd take LeBron if I had a full shot clock tho.

I'd take Melo over both for a last second shot.

tmacattack33
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Hmm...let's see...

Lebron's been super-clutch in:

- Round 2 2011
- Round 3 2011
- Round 2 2012
- Round 3 2012
- Finals 2012
- Olympics 2012

Lebron has not been clutch in:

- Regular season 2011
- Regular season 2012
- Finals 2011

And Kobe is a great player, but is past his prime.

I think I'll go with Lebron.

chazzy
08-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Lebron's game winning % for his career is very similar to Kobe's, and he's been on a bad downward trend since joining Miami. This idea that he's a league better than Kobe in those situations is false.

magictricked
08-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I think I'd take Lebron. I actually like the idea of differing to an open team mate in crunch time. It doesn't make sense to be egotistical and take a double teamed shot just because.Reading comprehension got you down?

Try again

"Who would you rather take the last shot"

NuggetsFan
08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Hmm...let's see...

Lebron's been super-clutch in:

- Round 2 2011
- Round 3 2011
- Round 2 2012
- Round 3 2012
- Finals 2012
- Olympics 2012

Lebron has not been clutch in:

- Regular season 2011
- Regular season 2012
- Finals 2011

And Kobe is a great player, but is past his prime.

I think I'll go with Lebron.

You have 2.4 seconds left. I don't think you look at what a guy did in an entire 4th quarter. LeBron likes to drive, get others involved, better defensively etc. but with that little of time he's going to be forced to shoot it and in those situations he's clanked alot of jumpers. Probably less than Kobe but we've seen Kobe hit those impossible shots alot more.

ncrizzle
08-21-2012, 03:17 PM
kobe without thinking twice

pauk
Lebron. The shot selection will just be better. Kobe's success rate is so low because the knucklehead takes the most idiotic shots you can imagine. If you are facing a Kobe ISO and chance at a game winner there is nothing to really be afraid of as the chance of it going in is small as the shot always has a high degree of difficulty especially if you double since he will just throw it up anyway instead of find the open man. It is what gives him this illusion as this great clutch shot maker because when he does make that occasional shot it looks great because it was such a tough shot that it makes him look like a big hero. Simple fans fall for that shit so easily. Obviously the numbers being kept have shown that he does not make the shot all that often though.

This kindof...

But for Miami i would rather create a play with Lebron inbounding a pass to Ray Allen or something like that to catch n shoot instead (making a jumpshot is at the end of the day all a matter of accuracy), unless there was enough time on the clock which would allow Lebron to create a much better play....

tmacattack33
Whoops. I did not read that there is only 4 seconds on the shot clock.

With only 4 seconds left, the shot you get will probably be a contested jump shot.

So Kobe it is.

EnoughSaid
08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Kobe is the better PURE shooter, so I'll go ahead and take him in that situation where you can basically only get up one last shot. But wow. Imagine that scenario. LeBron gets the ball down 1 in Game 7 of the NBA Finals and misses it? Would get SCRUTINIZED like no one else in history. If there was around 10 seconds left, I take LeBron without question, because he'd create a play and break down the defense.

Quickening
08-21-2012, 03:19 PM
kobe without thinking twice

This seems to be the trend with people picking Kobe, not thinking.:applause:

swag2011
08-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Kobe. Clearly, no debate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfB3d1FjhCc

"Kobe with 1 second left in overtime hit the game winning shot against Portland to grab the number 1 seed in the West. All this after hitting the game tying buzzer beater in regulation. "

Yea i know he's not young anymore but he's hit these shots millions of times in his career. Plus he's a better shooter than Lebron.

riseagainst
08-21-2012, 03:56 PM

that made me giggle a little.

DKLaker
08-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Kobe all day

Kobe all day, all night, all season :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I don't trust Lebron, he was scared to death to take a shot to win an All-Star game that doesn't mean sh!t.......tells me all I need to know about him.

thelucifer69
08-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Lebron James all the way

Kobe will miss I guarantee

I saw he missed wide open game winning shot last season.

The shot he made against Miami was so impressive ppl forget the fact he very inefficient taking last shot.

BuffaloBill
08-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Pass the ball to Kobron!!

Or maybe LeBryan Nash

TeamLAC
08-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Im thinking about it... and I also pick Kobe... :confusedshrug:

pauk
08-21-2012, 04:09 PM

I don't trust Lebron, he was scared to death to take a shot to win an All-Star game that doesn't mean sh!t.......tells me all I need to know about him.

You are a fool... Lebron was just unselfish on that play, he made a bad pass tho but with a good intention as Wade was open closer to the basket at the baseline...

Thats EXACTLY why you should trust the ball on Lebrons hands, he will make the correct play always, win or lose... he doesnt care about "Its me who should take the shot", he thinks more like "Its me who should create the most efficient shot whether it is for my teammates or for me"

Kobe is the complete opposite, Lebron would NEVER do this for example =
http://www.gifsoup.com/view6/2423850/selfish-kobe-o.gif

Quickening
08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Im thinking about it... and I also pick Kobe... :confusedshrug:

Your probably not a "kobetard" then, just merely a bit stupid.:rockon:

TeamLAC
08-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Your probably not a "kobetard" then, just merely a bit stupid.:rockon:
You're*. Just merely a bit stupid. :rockon:

riseagainst
08-21-2012, 04:13 PM
You're*. Just merely a bit stupid. :rockon:

:lol

KyrieTheFuture
08-21-2012, 04:19 PM
At this point? Bron. I would take prime Kobe if I could though

swi7ch
08-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Kobe up to 2011
LBJ from 2012 and beyond

It is clear who is "The Man" now in the NBA these days and I want that guy to take the last shot.

Nick Young
08-21-2012, 05:33 PM
:kobe: :kobe: :kobe: Im surprised by the level of civil debate that has occured in this thread

DixieNourmous
08-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Which ever one was open

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/blog/cac_jt_kb_sm.jpg

FreezingTsmoove
08-21-2012, 05:43 PM

He made one bad pass :facepalm he had good intentions

And as for him not taking the final shot he didn't want to go to OT. They all just wanted to get out of there in one piece, a lot of injuries were happening at the time.

Plus Lebron has been clutch this entire season even in the olympics

SwayDizzle
08-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Kobeeeeeeee

Mr. Jabbar
08-21-2012, 05:50 PM
kobe easily.

even current past his prime kobe gives me more confidence for that last shot than current prime lebron

Nero Tulip
08-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Depends on what you mean exactly.

If it's "take the last shot" as in "I will shoot no matter what even if I have 5 guys on me" then Kobe.

If it's "who do you want with the ball in his hands" then easily Lebron. He makes the right play more often than Kobe, only biased Lakers fans don't realise that.

D.J.
08-21-2012, 06:07 PM
4 seconds from half court, you can't count on attacking the hoop and throwing down a jam or getting to the line. You're going to have to take a contested jump shot, so I would rather have Kobe.

TheBigVeto
08-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki

G-Funk
08-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Kobe how is this even up for debate! is this a Joke? I got Kobe by a mile and is not even close

DTreats
08-21-2012, 07:50 PM
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o614/tillyho12/f399c1d7.png

DMAVS41
08-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Lebron's game winning % for his career is very similar to Kobe's, and he's been on a bad downward trend since joining Miami. This idea that he's a league better than Kobe in those situations is false.

This. Can we answer neither and just take Durant, Melo, or Dirk?

BrickingStar
08-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Lots of kobe retards think lebron has only hit 1 game winner and it was against the magic and because made one GOOD pass and miss he can't take them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2DXJFH_hY

DTreats
08-21-2012, 07:57 PM
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o614/tillyho12/0f4affc0.png

BrickingStar
08-21-2012, 07:58 PM
sadsfghjkuuuuuuuuu

caliman
08-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Kobe because it is just 1 shot. If we're talking he do you want making the play for either himself or his teammates, the answer is LeBron.

sixer6ad
08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
If you want someone to miss and then, during the post game, explain his thought process while wiping his head with a towel and not looking at the camera - Lebron.

If you want someone to miss, look at the camera, man up and say, "I missed the shot; it's that simple." - Kobe

If you want some to make it - Robert Horry

Kobe 4 The Win
08-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Sorry to disappoint but it's still Kobe.

NumberSix
08-21-2012, 10:51 PM
If I want to miss it, Kobe. If I want to pass it to someone who will miss it, LeBron.

Eat Like A Bosh
08-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Don't matter, it's a win win situation.

Freedom Kid7
08-21-2012, 11:14 PM
:kobe:

TheBigVeto
08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Lebron takes this one easily. He doesn't brick as much as Kobe.

KOBE143
08-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Kobe the most clutch player since Jordan..

:facepalm at all Lebrick stan choosing Lebron over The Black Mamba.. I really dont see any argument for Lebrick over Kobe..

Freedom Kid7
08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
If I want to miss it, Kobe. If I want to pass it to someone who will miss it, LeBron.
I actually agree with you :lol

DixieNourmous
08-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Down by 2 with 3.2 seconds left and guarded by Wade, How do you win the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Tk_AK45eA&feature=related

Nuff Said

DetroitPistonFan
08-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Kobe.

DetroitPistonFan
08-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Lebron takes this one easily. He doesn't brick as much as Kobe.
LeBron does brick a lot of shots.

DixieNourmous
08-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Clutch shots...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAUycCR6QM&feature=related

ihoopallday
08-21-2012, 11:57 PM

This :lol

M.Bustly15A5RU8
08-21-2012, 11:59 PM
When you're the greatest crunch time ball hog of all time you're bound to have a lot of highlights.

swi7ch
08-22-2012, 12:58 AM
"Last shot? I'll take the first, second, third, and every other shot in between!"

--Kobe

funnystuff
08-22-2012, 02:14 AM
THIS

andgar923
08-22-2012, 02:19 AM
If it's the last 'shot'

Ne 1
08-22-2012, 02:30 AM
You are a fool... Lebron was just unselfish on that play, he made a bad pass tho but with a good intention as Wade was open closer to the basket at the baseline...

Thats EXACTLY why you should trust the ball on Lebrons hands, he will make the correct play always, win or lose... he doesnt care about "Its me who should take the shot", he thinks more like "Its me who should create the most efficient shot whether it is for my teammates or for me"

Kobe is the complete opposite, Lebron would NEVER do this for example =
http://www.gifsoup.com/view6/2423850/selfish-kobe-o.gifI

Gotta love how people cherry pic some hand selected gif to fit their agenda as if that proves anything.

Anyway that video is bullshit. There were 2 seconds on the clock, for him to pass it to Odom or Cook and for them to shoot it the game would have been over. And the coach ORDERS Kobe to take the last shot no matter what.

BoutPractice
08-22-2012, 04:37 AM
I just realized.

Browsing ISH is the same as watching CSPAN.
This place is like Congress, but for real people.

Two parties going at it, repeating the same points over and over.

Kobe fans are the Republicans.
They're religious ("how great is our Gawd"), and mostly immune to reason, facts and logic.
They're individualists who are into the myth of the solitary cowboy fighting against the system.
They cherish their constitutionally protected right to "shoot first".
Their sexuality is complex, with a fascination for manliness.
They are more likely to distinguish between different types of rape.

LeBron fans are the Democrats.
They believe in empirical evidence, but understand nothing of the science behind it.
They like sharing and distributing possessions.
They are somewhat less fanatical, but also more boring and uninspiring.
They're opportunistic frontrunners who lack the courage to stand up for their beliefs.

Those two impose their agendas on others, forcing everyone to talk about the issues they're interested in, so fans of other players would generally be moderates/apolitical/whatever in this argument.

With two exceptions.

First is Euroleague. Euroleague is clearly a radical left-winger. He wants to fight for the smaller league guys and elevate statues to the average player. He likes to pretend he's European even though he may actually come from Arkansas.

Second is Jlauber. Jlauber is - and this comparison is so obvious I'm sure it's crossed everyone's mind already - Jlauber is Ron Paul.
A lone voice preaching in the desert.
An old, articulate and educated basketball conservative.
A guy who likes to present long-winded, factually-based arguments in an era of witty soundbites such as "UMAD".
A man of principle who always fights for his ideals, to the point where you sometimes wish he wouldn't.
A broken record with a remarkable ability to stay on message.
For one, everything is about the Constitution. For the other, everything is somehow about Wilt Chamberlain.

And in the end, the trolls always win :lol

LakersReign
08-22-2012, 05:02 AM
(yawns):rolleyes:

http://www.nba.com/news/features/2012-gm-survey/index.htmlhttp://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8893/6e466a5a51544067bac5950.png

East_Stone_Ya
08-22-2012, 05:08 AM
no doubt Kobe:pimp:

sekachu
08-22-2012, 05:21 AM
The scenario: Game 7 of the NBA finals. Team is down by 2. 4 seconds left on the shot clock, and your team takes the ball out from half court after burning your last timeout.

Who would you rather take the last shot that will decide your series?

:kobe or :lebronamazed: ?

My scenario is Lebron will pass up the ball. :D

To the question- kobe

Kovach
08-22-2012, 06:08 AM
@BoutPractice

Pretty hilarious and spot on until the last part which just reeks of fangirl bias. If you are impressed by a trivial facts, facts taken out of context, and straw-man-pooping machine good for you, doesn't make him a basketball guru tho.

RRR3
08-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I just realized.

Browsing ISH is the same as watching CSPAN.
This place is like Congress, but for real people.

Two parties going at it, repeating the same points over and over.

Kobe fans are the Republicans.
They're religious ("how great is our Gawd"), and mostly immune to reason, facts and logic.
They're individualists who are into the myth of the solitary cowboy fighting against the system.
They cherish their constitutionally protected right to "shoot first".
Their sexuality is complex, with a fascination for manliness.
They are more likely to distinguish between different types of rape.

LeBron fans are the Democrats.
They believe in empirical evidence, but understand nothing of the science behind it.
They like sharing and distributing possessions.
They are somewhat less fanatical, but also more boring and uninspiring.
They're opportunistic frontrunners who lack the courage to stand up for their beliefs.

Those two impose their agendas on others, forcing everyone to talk about the issues they're interested in, so fans of other players would generally be moderates/apolitical/whatever in this argument.

With two exceptions.

First is Euroleague. Euroleague is clearly a radical left-winger. He wants to fight for the smaller league guys and elevate statues to the average player. He likes to pretend he's European even though he may actually come from Arkansas.

Second is Jlauber. Jlauber is - and this comparison is so obvious I'm sure it's crossed everyone's mind already - Jlauber is Ron Paul.
A lone voice preaching in the desert.
An old, articulate and educated basketball conservative.
A guy who likes to present long-winded, factually-based arguments in an era of witty soundbites such as "UMAD".
A man of principle who always fights for his ideals, to the point where you sometimes wish he wouldn't.
A broken record with a remarkable ability to stay on message.
For one, everything is about the Constitution. For the other, everything is somehow about Wilt Chamberlain.

And in the end, the trolls always win :lol
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: will rep when I can:cheers:

RRR3
08-22-2012, 09:13 AM
To the OP,

If they're both in their primes....

Jumpshot: Kobe
Drive to the hoop: LBJ

Rondo
08-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Kobe. But neither if I had the choice of any player in the league. Melo or KD would be a better debate.

BoutPractice
08-22-2012, 09:59 AM
@BoutPractice

Pretty hilarious and spot on until the last part which just reeks of fangirl bias. If you are impressed by a trivial facts, facts taken out of context, and straw-man-pooping machine good for you, doesn't make him a basketball guru tho.
> Just to clarify, I am making fun of everyone equally, not picking any sides here ;)
Paul scares me more than anything, and while his basketball counterpart has the merit of being unique and interesting, I'd also disagree with a lot of what he says and how he says it.