JMT
08-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Kidd's a smart man.

RRR3
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Kidd drinking again eh.

Rubio2Gasol
08-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Well he's Kidd 2.0 so this doesn't surprise me.

riseagainst
08-23-2012, 09:47 AM
:bowdown: J Kidd knows the truth. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rolando
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Rondo and Kidd are "cut from the same cloth", so to speak.

East_Stone_Ya
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Kidd drinking again eh.

hopefully not:oldlol:

bagelred
08-23-2012, 09:52 AM
"Rajon Rondo is the best PG in the NBA......"

For me to poop on? :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
08-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Rondo and Kidd are "cut from the same cloth", so to speak.
Agree. Except rondo is a cloth covered in d.ouche

longtime lurker
08-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Well duh. Anybody with half a brain knows this.

tpols
08-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Truth. Boston gets worse with cp3 instead of Rondo.

RRR3
08-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Well duh. Anybody with half a brain knows this.
:kobe: CP3 shits on that overrated ninja turtle lookin' foo'. One good playoffs and Rondo gets the shit overrated out of him. ISH:facepalm

Vertical-24
08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Sure. Except Kidd could actually shoot.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-23-2012, 09:58 AM
:kobe: CP3 shits on that overrated ninja turtle lookin' foo'. One good playoffs and Rondo gets the shit overrated out of him. ISH:facepalm
More like 3 good Playoff runs...at least.

SyRyanYang
08-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Kidd cant shoot for sht when he was at rondos age

tpols
08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Except when he was the best player on the Cs in 2010 and the driving force behind knocking the cavs out of the playoffs. And he's had several other good runs with his prime just starting.

FatComputerNerd
08-23-2012, 10:04 AM
J-Kidd may be right, but Kyrie will be taking over that spot soon, if he hasn't already.

swi7ch
08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
i thought this was common knwledge?

other players hate him though (isaiah thomas 2.0) that's why he's not on the olympic team.

Rubio2Gasol
08-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Just because a 37 year old Kidd knocked down some open J's , it means he's now a halfway decent shooter?

:roll:

po3try
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Why not? Its debatable, Rondo was fantastic in the playoffs.

riseagainst
08-23-2012, 10:14 AM
i thought this was common knwledge?

other players hate him though (isaiah thomas 2.0) that's why he's not on the olympic team.

:(

game3524
08-23-2012, 10:35 AM

This.

longtime lurker
08-23-2012, 10:52 AM

Except he always raises his game in the playoffs and does whatever it takes for his team to win. Chris Paul is only better to stat nerds. He can keep his PER titles, I'm even starting to see why people think Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul.

fpliii
08-23-2012, 10:59 AM
CP3 is without a doubt better, but the margin has decreased since he came back from the injury...Rondo has a case for clear number 2

he was the best PG in the playoffs overall last season

greymatter
08-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Ason Kidd calling Raon Rondo the best PG? It's like a mother calling her mirror image daughter the prettiest girl out there.

stax
08-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Was this before or after he crashed his car into a tree?

coin24
08-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Except he always raises his game in the playoffs and does whatever it takes for his team to win. Chris Paul is only better to stat nerds. He can keep his PER titles, I'm even starting to see why people think Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul.

This. Cp3 is so overrated IMO..

Fiasco
08-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Kidd drinking again eh.

:oldlol: true

Fiasco
08-23-2012, 11:37 AM

Chris Paul was injured the entire playoffs, you moron. Were you not watching the Lakers/Hornets series the year before? He was the only reason they were in it.

God the stupidity is reaching new levels here.

Bigsmoke
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
thats the the Celtics were one of the worst offensive teams last year? :confusedshrug:

way a go Rondo!

if Rondo was that good then the Celtics wouldnt be in those offensive droughts like they always do.

joeyjoejoe
08-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Rondo is very good top 3 pg but i think cp3 is #1, theres a lot of depth at the pg position so the gap between them is not like at centre you have dwight, bynum then a huge margin

get these NETS
08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
ASON, I keep planets in orbit/
while I be coming with deeper and more shit/

================================================== ====

I happen to disagree with Kidd, while fully acknowledging that he knew more about basketball by age 15 than I will EVER know.....

To run the offense and play the defense that Doc Rivers and staff have had him doing and with the players (big 3).....Rondo is an exceptional talent and cerebral player.

The flaws in his game are visible (shooting)...but you don't flirt with the triple double numbers that rondo has without understanding your flaws and working around them.
=================

I still think that paul, williams and nash would have to still be considered the best pgs in the league though...because of the overall better pg skills

playing with even aging star level players has allowed rondo to hide a little bit in pressure situations....where paul, williams and nash get full blame credit when their teams lose in big spots.

Remix
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
ASON, I keep planets in orbit/
while I be coming with deeper and more shit/

================================================== ====

I happen to disagree with Kidd, while fully acknowledging that he knew more about basketball by age 15 than I will EVER know.....

To run the offense and play the defense that Doc Rivers and staff have had him doing and with the players (big 3).....Rondo is an exceptional talent and cerebral player.

The flaws in his game are visible (shooting)...but you don't flirt with the triple double numbers that rondo has without understanding your flaws and working around them.
=================

I still think that paul, williams and nash would have to still be considered the best pgs in the league though...because of the overall better pg skills

playing with even aging star level players has allowed rondo to hide a little bit in pre ssure situations....where paul, williams and nash get full blame credit when their teams lose in big spots.
You think Nash>Rondo? :wtf:

Fiasco
08-23-2012, 12:18 PM

lol no chance.

SilkkTheShocker
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
thats the the Celtics were one of the worst offensive teams last year? :confusedshrug:

way a go Rondo!

if Rondo was that good then the Celtics wouldnt be in those offensive droughts like they always do.

The gift and curse of Rondo. Good enough to lead takeover the team and lead you in deep in the playoffs. But not good enough to win it all as the best player. Problem is, he is the most important piece on the Celtics.

get these NETS
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM

with nash having to do less of the heavy lifting...think he's gonna play at a higher level than rondo this year...even at advanced nba age

StateOfMind12
08-23-2012, 12:38 PM
He is only saying that because Rondo plays the most similar to him.

Rondo is not the best PG in the NBA, maybe not even top 5. It's hilarious how overrated he is.

chazzy
08-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Rondo's great in the playoffs but I think he's a little overrated. KG's defense is what makes Boston elite. For all the praise Rondo gets for his quarterbacking, their offense is below average and Rondo's inconsistent scoring and inability to space the floor is part of that.

Michael_Wilbon
08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Rondo shits all over CP3. :oldlol: Although CP3 does have a one-dimensional PF and C to deal with

Odinn
08-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Kidd cant shoot for sht when he was at rondos age
Age 25;
Kidd 17/7/11/2 on .444 fg .366 3pt .757 ft .527 ts
Rondo 12/5/12/2 on .448 fg .238 3pt .597 ft .483 ts

Kidd wasn't effective but at least he could shoot. Rondo is even worse.

livingby3's
08-23-2012, 01:03 PM
you can argue your life who's the best PG in the league, Rondo or Chris Paul. but you can't go wrong picking either, depending on individuals' expectation and how you model your ideal PG. Same can be said with Deron. though i still think CP and Rondo are the clear 1a/b when ranking the PGs in the NBA.

hot on their heels imo, is Kyrie Irving.

po3try
08-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Rondo has a tendency to play better than any PG in the playoffs, he turns into this triple double machine, most of his TDs came in the playoffs.

Crown&Coke
08-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I still gotta give it to CP3

but take Rondo off that team and the Celtics offense turns to shit.

CavaliersFTW
08-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Rondo is DEFINITELY the best pure PG in the game right now. C-Flop is overrated.

StateOfMind12
08-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Rondo is DEFINITELY the best pure PG in the game right now. C-Flop is overrated.
If you don't want to count Paul, Rose, or Westbrook, then next would be either Deron Williams or Tony Parker.

JaggerCommaMick
08-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Truth. Boston gets worse with cp3 instead of Rondo.

Nah, mate. Paul's spot up shootin efficiency gives an offense every possible demension. Bein able to make plays but also shoot threes in my mind is the ideal point guard. Now Rondo can rebound and defend better than Paul, but it aint as if Paul is deficient in those areas. Rondo is very tenacious and gets his finger prints on every aspect of the game, but Paul's shooting ability gives a team much greater options and probabilities, especially at the end of close games. Well in my opinion anyway, mate.

Fiasco
08-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Boston gets worse with Chris Paul? Now I've heard everything.

ILLsmak
08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Since Rondo can't shoot, I think it makes him play better as a PG. I think he's the best defensive PG by far, but it's hard for me to say he's better than CP3 or Deron. I think Deron could make the Cs better.

I don't think Rondo does anything except defense better than Deron and CP3.

-Smak

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I love how Rondo shuts up all the haters every single postseason, but people still always go back to calling him overrated in the offseason. Whatever, as long as he's consistently the best PG in the Playoffs it doesn't matter.

Mach_3
08-23-2012, 02:19 PM
If you don't want to count Paul, Rose, or Westbrook, then next would be either Deron Williams or Tony Parker.

You think Westbrook/Rose/Tony P is a better pure point then Rondo :wtf:

Just like clockwork, Rondo breaks a few C's records in the reg season, plays like the best point in the playoffs, everyone jumps back on his d1ck. Rinse and repeat

Rondo
08-23-2012, 02:34 PM
He is only saying that because Rondo plays the most similar to him.

Rondo is not the best PG in the NBA, maybe not even top 5. It's hilarious how overrated he is.

:facepalm

riseagainst
08-23-2012, 02:37 PM
There's no way Rondo's NOT in the top 3 PG just based on last season (including post season obviously).

CavaliersFTW
08-23-2012, 02:44 PM
I love how Rondo shuts up all the haters every single postseason, but people still always go back to calling him overrated in the offseason. Whatever, as long as he's consistently the best PG in the Playoffs it doesn't matter.
Rondo has had insane playoff games, he's easily the 1guard i'd want on my superteam of the past few seasons. Let the other players score idc, it shouldn't be the PG's job anyways and he's hands down the best at facilitating an offense - it isn't close IMO. And besides people act like he can't shoot, but he's proven capable of putting teams on his shoulders and dropping insane 40+ point playoff games in spite of it. When Rondo is on fire the dude puts up Wilt like stats for a pg. He's clearly the best in the league.

Rondo > CP3

magictricked
08-23-2012, 02:45 PM
It's debatable, you're certainly not taking a step back if you replace CP3 with Rondo or flip it around. CP3 shoots better, Rondo does everything else better. It's more dependent on what you need your PG to provide

po3try
08-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Since Rondo can't shoot, I think it makes him play better as a PG. I think he's the best defensive PG by far, but it's hard for me to say he's better than CP3 or Deron. I think Deron could make the Cs better.

I don't think Rondo does anything except defense better than Deron and CP3.

-Smak

Yea i agree, its really impossible to say who is the best PG is right now and the league is stacked right now with awesome PGs.

Rolando
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
No matter what Kidd says, it is still unclear who is the best. That's why this year Rondo has to take it up a notch and end the debate. With the young guys the Celts have started bringing in, we may see a less systematic and more free flowing offense. Also, the defense might be crazy good with Bradley, KG and Rondo going nuts and frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs. Look out!:eek: :no: :rockon: :pimp:

riseagainst
08-23-2012, 02:59 PM
No matter what Kidd says, it is still unclear who is the best. That's why this year Rondo has to take it up a notch and end the debate. With the young guys the Celts have started bringing in, we may see a less systematic and more free flowing offense. Also, the defense might be crazy good with Bradley, KG and Rondo going nuts and frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs. Look out!:eek: :no: :rockon: :pimp:

:rockon: Rondo's mvp year. :rockon:

DKLaker
08-23-2012, 03:28 PM

Exactly, can do everything except shoot......no thanks.

Mach_3
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Exactly, can do everything except shoot......no thanks.

Shot around 45% from the mid range in the playoffs, if he can consistently do that then he most def can shoot

SilkkTheShocker
08-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Kidd consitently made big shots for the Nets in the playoffs. His FG% may not back it up, but he could shoot when it mattered. People already forget him and Reggie Miller going head to head in the 2002 playoffs

RRR3
08-23-2012, 03:37 PM
CP3 is a top 4 player in the NBA. Rondo isn't even top 10 IMO. GTFO here, Rondo has a few good games against Mario Chalmers and now he's the GOAT PG :rolleyes:

riseagainst
08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
CP3 is a top 4 player in the NBA. Rondo isn't even top 10 IMO. GTFO here, Rondo has a few good games against Mario Chalmers and now he's the GOAT PG :rolleyes:

YES HE IS. :rant :mad:

StateOfMind12
08-23-2012, 04:24 PM
You think Westbrook/Rose/Tony P is a better pure point then Rondo :wtf:

Just like clockwork, Rondo breaks a few C's records in the reg season, plays like the best point in the playoffs, everyone jumps back on his d1ck. Rinse and repeat
I've never understood this better "pure PG" thing.

If you are a PG and you are better player than another player who is also a PG then you are the better PG.

Who cares if you are "pure" or not, better is better.

Heavincent
08-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Rondo actually reminds a lot of Kidd.

SilkkTheShocker
08-23-2012, 04:35 PM
I would like to see Rondo play with some more athleticism on the wings. Kidd was a beast at running the fastbreak. Courtney Lee and a healthy Bradley should help in that regard

Mach_3
08-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I've never understood this better "pure PG" thing.

If you are a PG and you are better player than another player who is also a PG then you are the better PG.

Who cares if you are "pure" or not, better is better.

Because on an ideal basketball team you want your point to be able to run the offense as best and consistently as possible, take care of the ball, get every involved and take advantages of mismatches.

Mach_3
08-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I would like to see Rondo play with some more athleticism on the wings. Kidd was a beast at running the fastbreak. Courtney Lee and a healthy Bradley should help in that regard

I agree, Rondo's one of the most dangerous players in the open court with the ball, and he plays on probably/one of the least athletic teams in the league

Nick Young
08-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Tony Parker is the best point guard in the NBA

fsvr54
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Cp3 is so fukkin overrated, Rondo is better.

Celtics4ever
08-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Derrick Rose is still the best point guard in the game.

MetsPackers
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
MARiO CHALMERS!?!?!?!?!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uJ1R2aynimM/0.jpg

East_Stone_Ya
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
MARiO CHALMERS!?!?!?!?!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uJ1R2aynimM/0.jpg

''Lebron is greatest ever at stuffing stat sheet'' :roll:

RRR3
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
YES HE IS. :rant :mad:
Outscored Mario Chalmers=top 10 player in the NBA :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

d.bball.guy
08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Kidd drinking again eh.
:roll:

d.bball.guy
08-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Rondo actually reminds a lot of Kidd.
Kidd developed his shooting skills later in his career, right? Rondo could possibly become Kidd 2.0

tpols
08-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Kidd also didn't play exactly like Rondo. He bullied people in the post cuz he had like 50 lbs on Rondo but he couldn't swerve through half court Ds like Rondo does to open shit up. Rondo is like Iverson with his breakdown ability and speed except instead of padding points he pads every other stat

Rondo is better on a good team full of scorers than your traditional alpha pgs like dwill and cp. That's why he's better for Boston.

Pushxx
08-23-2012, 06:40 PM
The gift and curse of Rondo. Good enough to lead takeover the team and lead you in deep in the playoffs. But not good enough to win it all as the best player. Problem is, he is the most important piece on the Celtics.

He was one rigged quarter away from winning a championship as the best player in 2010...

ballup
08-23-2012, 06:44 PM
I know that almost all of us would take Kidd's opinion, drunken or even concussion influenced, over yours any day of the week.

Kiddlovesnets
08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Well Kidd sees Rondo as his former self, I understand where this is coming from.

Boogey
08-23-2012, 08:47 PM
If you want your pg to rack up assists, it's Chris Paul/Nash
If you want your pg to attack, its Derrick rose (pre injury)
If you want your pg to play tough defense, it's Westbrook

If you want your pg to do all three of those things, it's Rondo

RaininTwos
08-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Cool, Kidd has an opinion.

whippyAU
08-23-2012, 08:58 PM
As much as I dislike rondo, to me he is clearly the best point guard. Nothing is worse then a ball hogging shot chucking pg.

BlackVVaves
08-23-2012, 09:32 PM

Ahh, another high schooler.

code green
08-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Kidd drinking again eh.

That's pretty good, a shame you had to ruin it with the next post.

One good playoff run? Really? I ain't saying he's the best, but you're just being ignorant with that statement.