View Full Version : Why the Clippers will be better than the Lakers this year

AI3Anthony
08-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Blake Griffin > Dwight Howard
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant
Jamal Crawford > Ron Peace
DeAndre Jordan > Pau Gasol
Chauncey Billups > Steve Nash

As you can see by basic math, the greater than symbol tells us that the Clippers are, in fact, greater than the Lakers.

West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas

riseagainst
08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

As you can see by basic math, the greater than symbol tells us that the Clippers are, in fact, greater than the Lakers.

West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas

:biggums:

magictricked
08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Stopped reading right there

Could you possibly type anything dumber

HorryIsMyMVP
08-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Hang the OP

TheGreatDeraj
08-23-2012, 02:50 PM
http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/frog.gif

http://threexthree.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/kermit-the-frog.jpg

Levity
Oh wow its sooo clear to me now. Thank you OP for opening up my eyes.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

IGotACoolStory
Eric Bledose > Jeff Teague

krazymofo
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-550c7TTWDG4/T3wemW-j-2I/AAAAAAAAAGI/nYyFmqBpTlk/s1600/tumblr_lhk530rT1z1qafrh6.jpg

lakers_forever
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Nhq2R.gif

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/gif+very+much+related+_4bef833d507c6a4b9addccdc437 71391.gif

ihoopallday
08-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Some people shouldn't have access to a computer :facepalm

Haymaker
Blake Griffin :roll:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas

:yaohappy: :durantunimpressed:

talkingconch
08-23-2012, 02:55 PM
im guessing this was a ''im bored so ill make a random prediction to try to rustle some jimmies'' thread

Levity
08-23-2012, 02:57 PM
in before clippersfan tries to justify OP's post.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Steve "Not Nash" Blake > Chris Paul

senelcoolidge
08-23-2012, 03:02 PM
I have a feeling this may have been this posters last post. The kid probably jumped out of a window after posting this. Clippers will do it in your memory.

DKLaker
08-23-2012, 03:06 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-550c7TTWDG4/T3wemW-j-2I/AAAAAAAAAGI/nYyFmqBpTlk/s1600/tumblr_lhk530rT1z1qafrh6.jpg

THIS

I seriously burst out laughing at the OP for 5 minutes.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
in before clippersfan tries to justify OP's post.

The teams are too close last year and on paper this year to proclaim one better before a single game is played. A lot depends on health.

SilkkTheShocker
08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Clipper fans had their one season of being the top team. Have being in the Lakers shadow again

TaLvsCuaL
08-23-2012, 03:08 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/esq5y1.gif

AI3Anthony
08-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Stopped reading right there

Griffin>Howard

More athletic
Better Dunks
Better ESPN highlights
Jumping over car>"Dunk" aka throw ball in hoop in a cape
Better FT shooter
Better 3PT shooter
Less turnovers
Better Passer
Cool hair
Cool Freckles
Better commercials
Griffin never lost in the finals

riseagainst
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Griffin>Howard

More athletic
Better Dunks
Better ESPN highlights
Better FT shooter
Better 3PT shooter
Less turnovers
Better Passer
Cool hair
Cool Freckles
Better commercials

:roll: :roll: :roll:
GOAT player with freckles.

AI3Anthony
08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Eric Bledose > Jeff Teague

:facepalm

Are you kidding? He's just below Rondo and right above Paul.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 03:12 PM
The OP's title that Clippers will be better isn't an extreme opinion because it will be close. It's his reasons that make it clear he's trolling.

AI3Anthony
08-23-2012, 03:14 PM
The teams are too close last year and on paper this year to proclaim one better before a single game is played. A lot depends on health.

On paper the Clippers are CLEARLY the West favorite this year. The Lakers simply don't stand a chance. They are too old, too thug, and they have a white point guard who can't guard other point guards in the league. Chris Paul will feast on Nash and Griffin will 360 backflip dunk on Howard.

Paul-Griffin PnR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nash-Howard PnR

DKLaker
08-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Clipper fans had their one season of being the top team. Have being in the Lakers shadow again

FYI: The Lakers beat the Clippers 2 out of 3 games last year and the Lakers won the division not the Clippers.
The Clippers weren't on top of anything :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

No, the teams are NOT close other than they play on the same home floor :oldlol:

WeGetRing2012
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM

:lol

mattvNJ
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
No way in hell are they better. Im not saying itll be a land slide, but the lakers are clearly the better team. Any coach is better than VDN, nash is gonna run a beautiful offense, dwight will put up his usual numbers along with being a defensive anchor for that squad, the lakers also improved their bench significantly considering they had a bench of basically d leaguers last year with no one to rely on.

nash, kobe, peace, pau, dwight is almost as solid as it gets. Instant contenders

OP is a *******

Sleu27
08-23-2012, 03:24 PM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/saes329/xmv7nm.gif

DTreats
08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Clippers won't sniff the Lakers this year, the fact that Clipper fans think it'll even be close makes them all f-cking ******s.

Blake Griffin, a fringe top 20 player in the entire NBA, is better than Dwight Howard.

Pau Gasol > Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard > Pau Gasol

HAHAHAHA. The Clippers 2nd best player get's shit on by the Lakers 4th best, how sad.

TaLvsCuaL
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Clippers won't sniff the Lakers this year, the fact that Clipper fans think it'll even be close makes them all f-cking ******s.

Blake Griffin, a fringe top 20 player in the entire NBA, is better than Dwight Howard.

Dwight Howard = Pau Gasol

HAHAHAHA. The Clippers 2nd best player get's shit on by the Lakers 4th best, how sad.

Fixed.

magictricked
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM

Griffin>Howard

More athletic
Better Dunks
Better ESPN highlights
Better FT shooter
Better 3PT shooter
Less turnovers
Better Passer
Cool hair
Cool Freckles
Better commercials

It was a rhetorical question, not a personal challenge

DixieNourmous
08-23-2012, 04:15 PM
[quote=AI3Anthony]Blake Griffin > Dwight Howard
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

As you can see by basic math, the greater than symbol tells us that the Clippers are, in fact, greater than the Lakers./quote]

AI3Anthony, would you care to elaborate on your bizarre emotional beliefs?

are you mental?http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/interestingpropositionp1.gif Harsh Drugs?

Mom drop you on your head?

Small *****? Plain stupid? Constipated? **** drip getting U down?

OK Thank you for your time AI3Anthony, you can leave now........
.http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/571/scootershowoffvspole.gif

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
:lol

CavaliersFTW
08-23-2012, 04:17 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KeyNote
08-23-2012, 04:27 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m98660gYFX1qagopoo1_500.gif

CavaliersFTW
08-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Clippersfan86 to the rescue!

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/20/nice_faceplant_bike_fail.gif

Dictator
08-23-2012, 04:40 PM
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/Space-Sweeper/Various%20GIFs/MauryLaughing.gif

chips93
08-23-2012, 05:00 PM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/saes329/xmv7nm.gif

this

Michael_Wilbon
08-23-2012, 05:42 PM

:rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous you f*cking tard.

DaSeba5
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Out_In_Utah
08-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

:roll:

No way is Blake better than Dwight. Jamal has more talent than Ron, but he struggles to adapt to new teams. Takes him years to develop chemistry with his teams, and really, the Hawks were the only team that found a proper use for him. DeAndre being better than Pau is a joke. Nash is also a lot better than Billups at this point in their careers (plus Billups is coming off of an injury that took him out for most of a season). The only one I agree with is Paul being better than current Kobe.

hawkfan
08-23-2012, 05:50 PM
The Clippers season is based on one thing - how much will Blake Griffin improve.
If Griffin improves his low post game, the Clippers can be competitive with the Lakers, and possibly beat them.
But that's a big if.
This year is do or die for DJ - he'll either improve or he'll be exposed for being an overpaid reserve center.

Fiasco
08-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Please ignore the OP. Thanks. 1/10 for trolling.

lakersfan2046
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas

Cocaine is one hell of a drug

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 06:07 PM

If you're declaring the Lakers champs or automatically better than other contenders in the west before a single game is played or knowing the health of the team maybe you're the ****tard here.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 06:15 PM
I think the Lakers talent is being greatly exaggerated here. People are acting like they are suddenly head and shoulders above every western conference foe outside of OKC and that's a lie. Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies will still test them and play competitive games.

Michael_Wilbon
08-23-2012, 06:20 PM
If you're declaring the Lakers champs or automatically better than other contenders in the west before a single game is played or knowing the health of the team maybe you're the ****tard here.

I'm not crowning the Lakers the champs, but the Clippers are 2nd round exit at best. You, sir, are the ultimate homer.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm not crowning the Lakers the champs, but the Clippers are 2nd round exit at best. You, sir, are the ultimate homer.

Pretty stupid statement. Last year with a less talented team and the 5 best players injured in the playoffs they got to the second round, without any time to gel. Now they got better in the offseason, plugged a bunch of holes, will have a full training camp together and you say AT BEST they will give the same results? Not to mention Griffin+Bledsoe+DJ will likely improve some and the team won't likely be as banged up this year. I'd rather be a homer who uses my brain rather than a complete dipshit like you.

DTreats
08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Pretty stupid statement. Last year with a less talented team and the 5 best players injured in the playoffs they got to the second round, without any time to gel. Now they got better in the offseason, plugged a bunch of holes, will have a full training camp together and you say AT BEST they will give the same results? Not to mention Griffin+Bledsoe+DJ will likely improve some and the team won't likely be as banged up this year. I'd rather be a homer who uses my brain rather than a complete dipshit like you.
You entire life is a pretty stupid statement.

Kill yourself.

Michael_Wilbon
08-23-2012, 06:29 PM

:crazysam:

Time will tell.

LamarOdom
08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/negged/grand/gdfgd.gif

swag2011
08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
I think the Lakers talent is being greatly exaggerated here. People are acting like they are suddenly head and shoulders above every western conference foe outside of OKC and that's a lie. Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies will still test them and play competitive games.
Lol how is lakers talent exaggerated? They have the best sg and c. Both top 5 players in nba. Top 5 pg and pf. And above average defender at sf. Bench got ALOT better, 3point shooter in meeks, double double machine in short minutes with j.hill, a guy that averaged 18 pts last year as well. Clippers couldnt stop bynum last year, nor dwight. Dwight had what, 40pts alone last year against clips, now add kobe, pau and nash to that. Kobe averaged 31 on 51% against clips in 3 games last year. Obviously there will be chemistry issues and clippers have a shot to beat lakers but lakers are just more talented overall.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol how is lakers talent exaggerated? They have the best sg and c. Both top 5 players in nba. Top 5 pg and pf. And above average defender at sf. Bench got ALOT better, 3point shooter in meeks, double double machine in short minutes with j.hill, a guy that averaged 18 pts last year as well. Clippers couldnt stop bynum last year, nor dwight. Dwight had what, 40pts alone last year against clips, now add kobe, pau and nash to that. Kobe averaged 31 on 51% against clips in 3 games last year. Obviously there will be chemistry issues and clippers have a shot to beat lakers but lakers are just more talented overall.

Clippers also lost the games to the Lakers by what 3 and 5 points? That was with Bynum dominating. Lakers got a lot better as did the Clippers so it's complete hyperbole to act like all the sudden the Lakers are too good for the Clippers. Last we knew the Clippers finished the season 1 game worse without their starting SG all year and far more injury issues. Not to mention 10 new players and no time to gel.

Until the Lakers prove they are clearly better we shouldn't be labeling them as such. Not saying I agree with OP but to act like the Lakers are easily better and if I disagree I'm just a homer is bullshit. The Lakers talent top to bottom isn't better than the Clippers on paper. I'd place them in an equal tier of winning 55-60 games. Lakers have more top heavy talent and a better starting 5, Clippers have much better depth.

As for Lakers having the top players at their position the Clippers aren't doing bad in that regard as they have the best PG in the game and a top 5 PF in the game. So mentioning that doesn't say much. CP3 is better than any Lakers player at least if we go based on last year.

KeyNote
08-23-2012, 06:56 PM
The reason people feel the lakers are overwhelming favorites in the west is because for all of last year the lakers were playing 3 vs (Insert Team)...Kobe, Bynum, Gasol were the only ones..literally...got nothing from the PG position until sessions, and that was only for one month or so until he vanished in the playoffs...

bench was the worst in the NBA..by a wide margin...MWP gave the lakers nothing until he got into playing shape at the end of the season...so the lakers won the division, beat the clippers in the season series, and choked away 2 games vs OKC in the playoffs that they were up late...

So you take away most of the parts that didn't work (fisher/sessions, barnes, murphy, mcroberts) and replace them with parts that do work (Steve Nash, Antwawn Jamison, J Meeks, J Hill)..swap out the 2nd best center for the best center and top 3-5 player in the game...add a full training camp and bam..favorites

DixieNourmous
08-23-2012, 07:02 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2010/08/twbbtitle.jpg

Zedja
08-23-2012, 07:13 PM
As for Lakers having the top players at their position the Clippers aren't doing bad in that regard as they have the best PG in the game and a top 5 PF in the game. So mentioning that doesn't say much. CP3 is better than any Lakers player at least if we go based on last year.
Howard>CP3

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Howard>CP3

CP3 finished 3rd in MVP votes and was clearly the better player last year. Maybe Dwight's production was equal or better but CP3's clutch and ability to take over games at will and make everybody around him better is greater.

ashlar
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Two things. CF86 is still deluded as ever and did people actually think the OP is serious?

RRR3
08-23-2012, 07:38 PM
CP3 finished 3rd in MVP votes and was clearly the better player last year. Maybe Dwight's production was equal or better but CP3's clutch and ability to take over games at will and make everybody around him better is greater.
I love CP3 but D12 is slightly better IMO. I don't have a problem with CP3 being ranked over Dwight, I just don't personally agree with it. LBJ, D12, CP3 and KD are all on a different level than the rest of the NBA right now, with LBJ being on a different level than even the rest of those 3 IMO.

G-Funk
08-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Green/Red bars are useless:facepalm

chazzy
08-23-2012, 07:41 PM
The Lakers are clearly better imo, barring injury. I would be absolutely shocked if they lost in a series.

Kiddlovesnets
08-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Last season's Clippers had the best chance to be a better team than the Lakers since 2005-2006 season.

game3524
08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
The Clippers couldn't even beat last years Lakers, how the hell are they going to beat this years?

KeyNote
08-23-2012, 07:44 PM
The Clippers couldn't even beat last years Lakers, how the hell are they going to beat this years?

:cheers:

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I love CP3 but D12 is slightly better IMO. I don't have a problem with CP3 being ranked over Dwight, I just don't personally agree with it. LBJ, D12, CP3 and KD are all on a different level than the rest of the NBA right now, with LBJ being on a different level than even the rest of those 3 IMO.

Regardless of whether or not you rank CP3 or Dwight higher they are the 3rd and 4th best players in the NBA. The point was in terms of two top guys at each position the Lakers aren't much better. A large part of that though is that SG is extremely weak right now with MAYBE 4-5 really good or potential all star caliber players at that position. Griffin is a top 5 PF already but PF is the deepest position in the NBA right now next to PG with about 10-12 guys who are deserving all stars.

Point was... Lakers are more top heavy but Griffin+CP3 vs Dwight+Kobe isn't a big gap by any means. Besides as I keep saying let's let the damn Lakers prove something with THIS squad and see if they can stay healthy before heaping even more hype on them.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Lakers won 2-1 and won the season series by a handful of points. The Clippers also had a double digit lead in the last game and Kobe dropped 20+ in the 4th to steal it away. Ignorant to say "Couldn't" when the games were extremely competitive, the two losses coming with Billups out of the lineup. The only double digit win belonged to the Clippers with Billups in the lineup.

Heavincent
08-23-2012, 07:49 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers had a better regular season record than the Lakers because the Lakers are probably going to half ass it through most of the regular season. But I'd still say the Lakers have a much better shot at the title than the Clippers, just because of the overwhelming talent they have up top and the playoff experience between Kobe, Howard, and Nash. The Clippers have more depth, but depth becomes less important in the playoffs.

This is coming from somebody with no horse in the race btw. In fact, I hope both teams do well because Kobe is my favorite player and I can relate to Clipper fans since I am a Jets fan so I know what it feels like to be the little brother.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers had a better regular season record than the Lakers because the Lakers are probably going to half ass it through most of the regular season. But I'd still say the Lakers have a much better shot at the title than the Clippers, just because of the overwhelming talent they have up top and the playoff experience between Kobe, Howard, and Nash. The Clippers have more depth, but depth becomes less important in the playoffs.

This is fair and logical. Lakers as currently constructed due to experience and how top heavy they are absolutely have a better shot at the title, no question. To act like the Lakers are on a whole different level talent wise and would sweep the Clippers or something is ignorant and blatant trolling.

G-Funk
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
bullshyt aside, Clippers are the 3rd best team in the West and do have a shot at beating OKC & Lakers.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 07:53 PM
No bullshyt aside, Clippers are the 3rd best team in the West and do have a shot at beating OKC & Lakers.

All I'm trying to say :applause: . Unlikely but POSSIBLE. People here are acting like Clippers literally have NO shot at anything besides a quick playoff exit :oldlol: .

G-Funk
08-23-2012, 07:55 PM
All I'm trying to say :applause: . Unlikely but POSSIBLE. People here are acting like Clippers literally have NO shot at anything besides a quick playoff exit :oldlol: .
IF the thread wasn't so stupid, OP might not get trolled back. But CP3 put a scare on my Lakers, That dude is dangerous.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
IF the thread wasn't so stupid, OP might not get trolled back. But CP3 put a scare on my Lakers, That dude is dangerous.

OP is honestly probably a Lakers fan trying to get heat on the Clippers based on the stupidity of his post and the obvious troll attempt. What Clippers fans are relying on is the improvement of the young players (Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe). If those 3 guys make a jump this offseason and the new additions stay healthy and mesh... (oh and Odom returns to form) I will like the Clippers chances vs anymore to compete in a series.

CavaliersFTW
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
I watched the Clippers playoff series and C-Flop and Blake Griffin clearly didn't know how to close out (or even play) a legitimate playoff series because they relied solely on pathetic flopping and nancying tactics after skating their way through the regular season on flaky calls.

Reality check boys. Playoff competition is smarter and refs let the games get more physical. It was priceless watchin Blake out their like a stunned duck lookin to C-Flop for a shimmer of hope. flop was borderline in tears after every drive to the hoop that didn't draw a whistle, it was like watchin a washed up magician try sh*tty card tricks failing to fool even the dumbest kids at a birthday party. The 2012 playoffs truly exposed the Blake / C-Flop duo as failed pairing. They just aren't good playoff material. They should just dismantle / sell that team, give Seattle another team that city actually deserved their only NBA team. LA (great city btw) don't need two teams anyways esp with how dominant the Lakers were / are / always will be. The clippers are honestly just their for laughs

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 08:07 PM
I watched the Clippers playoff series and C-Flop and Blake Griffin clearly didn't know how to close out (or even play) a legitimate playoff series because they relied solely on pathetic flopping and nancying tactics after skating their way through the regular season on flaky calls.

Reality check boys. Playoff competition is smarter and refs let the games get more physical. It was priceless watchin Blake out their like a stunned duck lookin to C-Flop for a shimmer of hope. flop was borderline in tears after every drive to the hoop that didn't draw a whistle, it was like watchin a washed up magician try sh*tty card tricks failing to impress even the dumbest kids at a birthday party. The 2012 playoffs truly exposed the Blake / C-Flop duo as failed pairing. They just aren't good playoff material. They should just dismantle / sell that team, give Seattle another team. LA don't need two teams anyways esp with how dominant the Lakers were / are / always will be.

Let's just pretend that Blake Griffin and CP3 weren't both slowed by injuries. Or that it wasn't Griffin's first playoff experience, which happened to come against the most physical frontcourt in the NBA.

DTreats
08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
bullshyt aside, Clippers are the 3rd best team in the West and do have a shot at beating OKC & Lakers.
No, they don't actually.

BlackVVaves
08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Clippers are the 3rd or 4th best team in the West, depending on where you place the Spurs. I suppose making any predictions outside of the former WCF and ECF champs is somewhat useless as we don't know how certain teams will gel, ect. And of course, the Clippers have a chance to beat anyone if all conditions are perfect. But, that can be said about any of the top 4 teams in the West, so what's the point in mentioning all the hypotheticals? :confusedshrug:

To me, it's all about matchups. Out of the four best teams in the West, the Clippers match up best against OKC, and worst against the Lakers. The Lakers match up best against the Clippers, and worst against OKC. The Spurs match up best against the Clippers, but worst against OKC. And OKC match up best against the Spurs, but worst against the Clippers.

So, there you go. All comes down to matchups come April.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Clippers are the 3rd or 4th best team in the West, depending on where you place the Spurs. I suppose making any predictions outside of the former WCF and ECF champs is somewhat useless as we don't know how certain teams will gel, ect. And of course, the Clippers have a chance to beat anyone if all conditions are perfect. But, that can be said about any of the top 4 teams in the West, so what's the point in mentioning all the hypotheticals? :confusedshrug:

To me, it's all about matchups. Out of the four best teams in the West, the Clippers match up best against OKC, and worst against the Lakers. The Lakers match up best against the Clippers, and worst against OKC. The Spurs match up best against the Clippers, but worst against OKC. And OKC match up best against the Spurs, but worst against the Clippers.

:applause: Great post man. The only thing you should add is that HEALTH is just as big as matchups. I agree though that out of the top 4 (even 5 with Memphis) it's about matchups. I agree that it's almost like a rock, paper and scissors type deal. My main thing here is it's sloppy analysis and ignorant to flat out label this team better than this etc before we even see how injuries, chemistry and matchups will play out. I think the Lakers will be the better playoff team due to experience and being more top heavy but regular season wise and talent wise Clippers have a shot to be better or equal.

DTreats
08-23-2012, 08:18 PM
In the playoffs out west.

Lakers can beat anyone easily besides okc
Thunder can beat anyone easily besides LA
Spurs can beat anyone easily besides LA, OKC

Then come Memphis and LA jr. They can beat anyone but they have no chance against the big boys.

Yung D-Will
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas
http://byspecialrequest.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/implied-facepalm1.jpg

Okc/Spurs/Lakers/Miami are on their own tier next season. Everyone else will end up being pretenders, who look really strong throughout the season, then show their true colors once the pressures on.

DixieNourmous
08-23-2012, 09:20 PM
No doubt the Clippers have a great roster. Lamar Odom is one of my favorite players and with Billups, Butler, Hill, Paul, they will be exciting.

Anything can happen http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/rightonguysp1.gif

ncrizzle
08-23-2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.jakobday.com/images/forums/this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

DKLaker
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM

Then come Memphis and LA jr. They can beat anyone but they have no chance against the big boys.

THIS!!!!!

qrich
08-23-2012, 10:11 PM

Took 6 pages for a legit post to pop-up. :bowdown:

West will be determined by seeding and seeing who faces who more than anything else.

Horde of Temujin
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Im convinced.

kNicKz
08-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Blake Griffin < Dwight Howard
Chris Paul < Kobe Bryant
Jamal Crawford < Ron Peace
DeAndre Jordan < Pau Gasol
Chauncey Billups < Steve Nash

Fixed

BuGzBuNNy
08-23-2012, 10:17 PM
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/ALPHABUNNY/bGriff.png

BlackVVaves
08-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Took 6 pages for a legit post to pop-up. :bowdown:

West will be determined by seeding and seeing who faces who more than anything else.

Hey, I'll be the first to say I don't have much love for the Clippers, per their flopping and arrogance last year. But, I always am impartial when assessing a team, and always deliver respect where respect is due.

I'll defend any player or team that I feel is being disproportionally disrespected and trolled, just as I'll call out any poster that's clearly pushing an agenda to prompt up another player.

It's one thing to have an opinion. It's an entirely different thing to have an agenda.

CavaliersFTW
08-23-2012, 10:23 PM
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/ALPHABUNNY/bGriff.png
jesus christ, he's ugly as sin

ncrizzle
08-23-2012, 10:27 PM

why did u say memphis and the clipps can beat anyone, but they cant beat the big boys? contradicting

BlackVVaves
08-23-2012, 10:29 PM
why did u say memphis and the clipps can beat anyone, but they cant beat the big boys? contradicting

He thinks Kobe was the best player in the league in 2005, pay him no mind.

krazymofo
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
lol @ this thread still going. Op is a f.aggot

iDunk
08-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Only way the Clips will be better than the Lakers is if Griffin turns into a Superstar this season (26/12) , Jordan gets better (10/9), Billups has a great season (15/2/4), CP3 converts to being a 20 PPG scorer again. The Clippers IMO have the best bench in the league with Crawford, Hill, Odom, Bledsoe, Green, Turiaf coming off it. That is just a ridic second unit.

SpecialQue
08-23-2012, 10:48 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96ydluCCj1qdlh1io1_400.gif

AI3Anthony
08-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Troll thread was a great success. Thank you all for participating.

Fiasco
08-23-2012, 11:01 PM

Translation: I love dick.

takai
08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant

West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas

http://i.imgur.com/eCysq.gif

DTreats
08-23-2012, 11:08 PM
He thinks Kobe was the best player in the league in 2005, pay him no mind.
Led the league in VORP, Defensive Shares, SCORE and points per shot.

But yeah, he sucked.

DixieNourmous
08-24-2012, 01:25 AM

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/saes329/Didnt-read-lol_o_141041.gif

AI3Anthony
10-13-2013, 09:24 PM
This thread ended up being completely accurate.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-13-2013, 09:26 PM
West Standings:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Suns
8. Dallas

:roll:

Young X
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
:applause:

I said the same thing before last season too and everybody laughed. Props.

Bigsmoke
10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Lakers fans lmao

Jameerthefear
10-13-2013, 09:53 PM
damnnn Lakers fans looking stupid :roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
10-13-2013, 10:10 PM

Dwight Howard > Pau Gasol

No way in hell are they better. Im not saying itll be a land slide, but the lakers are clearly the better team. Any coach is better than VDN, nash is gonna run a beautiful offense, dwight will put up his usual numbers along with being a defensive anchor for that squad, the lakers also improved their bench significantly considering they had a bench of basically d leaguers last year with no one to rely on.

nash, kobe, peace, pau, dwight is almost as solid as it gets. Instant contenders

OP is a *******

The Lakers are clearly better imo, barring injury. I would be absolutely shocked if they lost in a series.

Last season's Clippers had the best chance to be a better team than the Lakers since 2005-2006 season.

All looking as retarded as the OP's blatant troll.

Sad part is, these dudes were being full on serious.