PDA

View Full Version : UPS Stolen package...

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 07:04 PM
I had a pair of shoes sent to my little brothers house. Package was delivered but when my brother got home there was nothing their. I called ups and finish line and they started an investigation and told me it takes 8 days before its over. Anyone have this happen to them before? It was a pair of lebron elites BTW and was delivered to a upscale neighborhood.

9erempiree
08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Always go with USPS. It's a federal crime to open or steal any packages from the United States Postal Service.

This is the only route to go. I use to hear horror stories of inside jobs from these delivery companies. Especially if they get deliveries from a certain place, they know what the package may contain.

In your case, shoes are expensive and the UPS guy could have kept it for himself especially with the recent announcement of Lebron's shoes being expensive and the AJ Concord debacle.

SourPatchKids
08-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Lebron elites as in the socks or the shoes? Either way, I'm terribly sorry for you and your brother's loss. One time I left a pair of brand new Jordans outside and the next morning they were gone. From then on I've always kept my shoes indoors.

JMT
08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Either insure it or require a signature. Outside of that it's a crap shoot.

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Lebron elites as in the socks or the shoes? Either way, I'm terribly sorry for you and your brother's loss. One time I left a pair of brand new Jordans outside and the next morning they were gone. From then on I've always kept my shoes indoors.

It was the shoes...I told them I needed a refund or a new pair they said after the investigation they can the investigation is just to see if the driver stole or delivered to the wrong house. I also had American express double line me with them. The Amex rep asked them why they wouldn't put a signature confirmation on a 300$ order and they had no answer

Patrick Chewing
08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
UPS usually doesn't deliver unless someone is there.

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 08:18 PM

One person was in the house a nanny which has been working in the family for over 10 years and she says they never wrang the doorbell or even heard the ups truck pass by.

Dwade305
08-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Sadly it happens that those phags just leave it at the door when no one is home instead of doing the basic procedure of delivering it the next day, and last resort is the eu picking it up at the nearest UPS.

Niytrus
08-23-2012, 08:25 PM

Driver's discretion... depends entirely on the neighborhood and is up to the driver.

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Driver's discretion... depends entirely on the neighborhood and is up to the driver.

It's an upscale neighborhood. But there has been problems lately with people stealing packages. What gets me aggravated is why not put a signature confirmation on a 300$ order!!! At least have the option at checkout to add it on for a cost. Now the shoes are missing and I have to wait 8 business days starting tomorrow so basically 2 weeks from now to get a refund from finish line Or my cc company

nathanjizzle
08-23-2012, 08:36 PM
sorry to hear about your lost.

Q.E.C
08-23-2012, 08:38 PM
They usually have someone sign off on it before they drop anything off. My friend had his shoes stolen some years back.

Cangri
08-23-2012, 08:40 PM
They usually have someone sign off on it before they drop anything off. My friend had his shoes stolen some years back.
Supposedly depending on the area they won't ask for a signature.

Draz
08-23-2012, 08:41 PM
if it makes you feel any better, Bladers lost his $700 iPhone

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-23-2012, 08:43 PM
I had a pair of shoes sent to my little brothers house. Package was delivered but when my brother got home there was nothing their. I called ups and finish line and they started an investigation and told me it takes 8 days before its over. Anyone have this happen to them before? It was a pair of lebron elites BTW and was delivered to a upscale neighborhood.
I would get my money back from Finish Line. If nobody signed for it, they have no proof they delivered. Whatever kind of deal Finish Line has with UPS is on them.

G-Funk
08-23-2012, 08:47 PM
if it makes you feel any better, Bladers lost his $700 iPhone
cold blooded :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Too bad you sent it with UPS, not a federal crime opening other peoples letters/boxes or whatever sent via private companies.
Too bad Finish Line sent em UPS.

bagelred
08-23-2012, 08:51 PM
That really does suck.

But on the bright side, I FOUND a pair of Lebron Elites. They look awesome.

Meticode
08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Contact the person you bought the item from. Also contact UPS and file a lost package claim with UPS.

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I would get my money back from Finish Line. If nobody signed for it, they have no proof they delivered. Whatever kind of deal Finish Line has with UPS is on them.

Finish line told me I had to wait the 8 days but after speaking with my Amex they said 8 days is the maximum and they will be quicker. Luckily I decided to pay with my business card and not regular bank card.

And tell bladers to contact me I have brand new iPhone 4s and 4 for sale lol

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Contact the person you bought the item from. Also contact UPS and file a lost package claim with UPS.

I spoke with them and let them know how I feel. Just sucks it was a gift that was already late

9erempiree
08-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately it sucks but the reason why things should be signed and UPS sometimes do it because the person might not be at home and they have to come back for a signature. So, if you live in a good neighborhood, they just drop it off.

I'm pretty sure if it was in the ghetto, they would wait but since it was in an upscale neighborhood, their lazy ass just dropped it off.:facepalm

bluechox2
08-23-2012, 09:51 PM
i had my usps stolen once, guy left the package on the sidewalk, some ni99as stole it

9erempiree
08-23-2012, 09:52 PM
i had my usps stolen once, guy left the package on the sidewalk, some ni99as stole it

wtf!

sidewalk?

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately it sucks but the reason why things should be signed and UPS sometimes do it because the person might not be at home and they have to come back for a signature. So, if you live in a good neighborhood, they just drop it off.

I'm pretty sure if it was in the ghetto, they would wait but since it was in an upscale neighborhood, their lazy ass just dropped it off.:facepalm

That mistake costing them 300 and costing me 2 weeks of looking like a bad buy

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM

That sucks. On the ups tracking It said left at front door...Still pisses me of how finish line would not offer signature confirmation atleast on orders over 200$ and limited items.

nathanjizzle
08-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Finish line told me I had to wait the 8 days but after speaking with my Amex they said 8 days is the maximum and they will be quicker. Luckily I decided to pay with my business card and not regular bank card.

And tell bladers to contact me I have brand new iPhone 4s and 4 for sale lol

i think finish line only told you that so you cant make a charge back:roll: you better file a charge back with your amex before its to late.

GOBB
08-23-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty sure if it was a ghetto neighborhood they'd leave it just the same. Its up to the driver whether they want to leave it or notify you of the attempt. Good neighborhood, bad neighborhood, in between? It depends on the driver and whether they feel the package can be delivered securely or not.

That investigation will just get prolonged so if you're impatient over the 8 business days? Well prepare for more BS because they'll take their time trying to give you money back. Also for future make sure you insure packages. Not sure how ups operates but usps its well worth it. HOWEVER there are cases where even those are stolen.

When you deal with human beings handling personal items unfortunately its a crap shoot. Shouldnt be this way but we're dealing with human beings.

Also $ sign comes BEFORE the number not after. Stop making that mistake.

Edit: The correct address is on the delivery right? No mistakes of the wrong house number?

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 10:10 PM
i think finish line only told you that so you cant make a charge back:roll: you better file a charge back with your amex before its to late.

I'm protected for a whole year or more and I already made a claim on it. So they are screwed I can get my money back instantly by AMEX but then I will have to reorder the shoes anyways.

LBJDW305
08-23-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure if it was a ghetto neighborhood they'd leave it just the same. Its up to the driver whether they want to leave it or notify you of the attempt. Good neighborhood, bad neighborhood, in between? It depends on the driver and whether they feel the package can be delivered securely or not.

That investigation will just get prolonged so if you're impatient over the 8 business days? Well prepare for more BS because they'll take their time trying to give you money back. Also for future make sure you insure packages. Not sure how ups operates but usps its well worth it. HOWEVER there are cases where even those are stolen.

When you deal with human beings handling personal items unfortunately its a crap shoot. Shouldnt be this way but we're dealing with human beings.

Also $ sign comes BEFORE the number not after. Stop making that mistake.

Edit: The correct address is on the delivery right? No mistakes of the wrong house number?

People have been stealing and breaking into cars around this neighborhood. My parents receive packages everyday and this is the first time it happens to the house tho. I did feel like I was just getting a run around that's why I called my CC company and after that I think they got the point that I wanted my package or I will have my money instantly

andgar923
08-23-2012, 11:01 PM

I've had drivers ditch shit when I lived in a complex. Nobody signed even though a signature was required. One time they delivered it to the wrong apt (the one above me) and the fat bastard kept the item. I called them and told them that they delivered it to the wrong address, they confirmed it. They asked me if I could go upstairs and ask for my package, I said no because I already had beef with them and didn't wanna get shot (I exaggerated a bit). I had them pay for it again since it was their mistake.

I knew a dude that worked for Fed Ex (I think it was fed ex) and he told me that even tho they had high security and they were encouraged to snitch on each other, they rarely did. At times managers would be involved in stealing items.

Well

bluechox2
08-23-2012, 11:04 PM
That sucks. On the ups tracking It said left at front door...Still pisses me of how finish line would not offer signature confirmation atleast on orders over 200$ and limited items.

i found the box ripped open down the block with nothing inside

luckily the store i bought it from replaced it free of charge

Eat Like A Bosh
08-23-2012, 11:30 PM
I've always wondered why UPS or FedEx never knock when they drop the packages...

TheGreatBlaze
08-23-2012, 11:35 PM
That really does suck.

But on the bright side, I FOUND a pair of Lebron Elites. They look awesome.
I think we found the culprit.

Fawker
08-23-2012, 11:51 PM
wonder why ups drivers always got fresh kicks on.

talkingconch
08-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Always go with USPS. It's a federal crime to open or steal any packages from the United States Postal Service.

This is the only route to go. I use to hear horror stories of inside jobs from these delivery companies. Especially if they get deliveries from a certain place, they know what the package may contain.

In your case, shoes are expensive and the UPS guy could have kept it for himself especially with the recent announcement of Lebron's shoes being expensive and the AJ Concord debacle.
USPS is terrible at shipping.

UPS/Fedex usually have been far better judging from my own experiences.
there tracking system is a bit more refined

chairman
08-24-2012, 02:47 AM
People have been stealing and breaking into cars around this neighborhood. My parents receive packages everyday and this is the first time it happens to the house tho. I did feel like I was just getting a run around that's why I called my CC company and after that I think they got the point that I wanted my package or I will have my money instantly
Just ask daddy to buy you another pair of shoes

lbj4kb8
08-24-2012, 02:56 AM
I delivered a bouquet of flowers to my girlfriend once for our anniversary. I was waiting to hear her phone call telling me how ecstatic/surprised she was to get the flowers. Unfortunately she never got them. We suspect that the delivery person placed the flowers on the footsteps of her apartment and they swiped before she got home. I was pissed!

tomtucker
08-24-2012, 03:32 AM

Oh it

Lebronn23
08-24-2012, 03:34 AM
OP do you want me to send you a pair of elites? This story has touched all of our hearts

dude77
08-24-2012, 07:41 AM
legit question .. what makes a pair of sneakers be worth $300

dude77
08-24-2012, 07:49 AM
ups:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ng8HD5viVE&feature=related

fedex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZN28PNPP7A

:oldlol:

that first one got me crackin' up with his little retarded jog back to the truck :oldlol:

the second one is just tragic .. I read it's like an $800 monitor :(

LBJDW305
08-24-2012, 09:27 AM
legit question .. what makes a pair of sneakers be worth $300

It was shoes and a pair of shorts... And actually on the phone with Amex right now getting refunded.

LBJDW305
08-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Just ask daddy to buy you another pair of shoes

Been living on my own since I was 18 years old lol

InfiniteBaskets
08-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I had this happen to me before.

Except I checked the option for "Delivery signature required"

Their policy is that if you don't sign, they can't deliver. In my case they did deliver a phone, which was stolen. UPS paid for a new AT&T phone plus all shipping costs.

tomtucker
08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
:confusedshrug:

Their policy is that if you don't sign, they can't deliver. In my case they did deliver a phone, which was stolen. UPS paid for a new AT&T phone plus all shipping costs.

they did deliver, then stolen :confusedshrug:

LBJDW305
08-24-2012, 02:56 PM

Ups is trash. I'm just amazed how they would leave packages in front of a house instead of knocking. Specially a box that says finish line. Fortunately I was told they will send me a replacement pair and a gift card after its all said and done with free next day air

AK47DR91
08-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I haven't had any issues like this with UPS. *knock on wood*

Raz
08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
:confusedshrug:

they did deliver, then stolen :confusedshrug:

Put the phone on the front door step, then it's stolen by some goon.

What is confusedshrug about that?

Rose
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Ups is trash. I'm just amazed how they would leave packages in front of a house instead of knocking. Specially a box that says finish line. Fortunately I was told they will send me a replacement pair and a gift card after its all said and done with free next day air
I think it depends on the place. When I've lived at apartment complexes, they knock and then if you're not home they leave a note. But at my house(which is in a nice neighborhood crime wise, and the houses are decently spaced out) they just ring the doorbell or knock and drop the package more times than not. Even if I'm supposed to sign for it.

I've used FedEx a lot less though, but never had an issue with them.

magictricked
08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
The one that pisses me off is when the postal carrier puts that little pink piece of paper in your mail box saying they tried to deliver but you were not at home, then you have to go to the post office after 5pm to pick it up.

Problem is several times I was at home, sat there and watched the carrier put the mail in the mail box she never attempted to deliver that package. If she can't stuff it in the mail box she just blows off the delivery altogether

Our normal carrier is great but the lady who subs for her is LAZY.

LBJDW305
08-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Well after speaking with finish line they decided to send me a new pair and if they find the old pair I have to return them back or I will be charged

Meticode
08-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Well after speaking with finish line they decided to send me a new pair and if they find the old pair I have to return them back or I will be charged
Cool. If it was a company I figured that's what they'd do. :cheers: Usually companies like this will do this sort of things most of the time if they want to keep you as a customer.

LBJDW305
08-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Cool. If it was a company I figured that's what they'd do. :cheers: Usually companies like this will do this sort of things most of the time if they want to keep you as a customer.

Yea it was good they finally stepped up and did something. They still can't put a signature confirmation on it tho which I find ridiculous but this time I'm having it shipped to my business So I'll have to sign it anyways