PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Felton is a fat scrub who won't help the Knicks - BOOKMARK THIS!

Trentknicks
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.thewindyapple.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/4001.png

Oh shit, so our boy's in great shape and motivated. Can't wait to prove all the hating Knickerbashers wrong. So happy we got him on a cheap deal, will fit much better than Lin. Pass first pg as opposed to a ball dominant one, and who plays solid D. Oh did I mention he has previous chemistry with Amare, Tyson, JR, Camby & Kurt Thomas.

Haters gon be mad.

To summarize for the simple minded and haters: I'm not saying he is going to be elite or have an MVP season, just that he will have a decent season with us, is in shape and will fit better than Lin.

sagr32
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Felton is not anything special. he is in the lower half of the rankings for starting PGs

AirTupac
08-24-2012, 10:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TFYCa.gif

D12"Magic"
08-24-2012, 10:07 PM
And this is why many Knick fans get crucified for having a bad fan-base, its not all of them but is ones like you that give them a bad name.

AI3Anthony
08-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I think he'll have a productive season. He played pretty well with Amare. I'm interested to see what he does back in NY. I think he can definitely help

Trentknicks
08-24-2012, 10:10 PM
And this is why many Knick fans get crucified for having a bad fan-base, its not all of them but is ones like you that give them a bad name.
So i've said that he will fit with the team better than Lin, is in shape and has prior chemistry with some of the team, which one of them is incorrect?
:coleman:

imnew09
08-24-2012, 10:13 PM
He's decent. Before the Nash trade, I actually wanted Felton on the Lakers

NuggetsFan
08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
NY fans are the only one's on earth who seem think that finishing 3rd\4th in their conference and making a 2nd round appearance will make others "mad".

Nobody is mad at the NY Knicks. They've been perennial dormat for the decade and now finally have a 2nd tier team. Congrats.

iDunk
08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't get why Knick fans get hated on so much. Since when is believing in your team a bad thing?

I don't see why this Knicks team can't be a top 4-5 team in the East.

AK47DR91
08-24-2012, 10:33 PM
So i've said that he will fit with the team better than Lin, is in shape and has prior chemistry with some of the team, which one of them is incorrect?
Some? Besides Amare, who else is there from the first-half of the 2010-11 season that played Felton?

NYK_Stan
08-24-2012, 10:36 PM
On ISH if you so much as even hint that the Knicks are anything more than a steaming pile of shit then you get crucified for overrating them and knowing nothing about basketball :facepalm

SyRyanYang
08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't get why Knick fans get hated on so much. Since when is believing in your team a bad thing?

People are just jealous that you are in NY.
And since when "Staying in shape" is a measurement of basketball capability.
Lots of great players were fat.

StateOfMind12
08-24-2012, 10:40 PM
It looks like he has a beer-gut, but I suppose that is motivated and in shape for his standards.

dajadeed
08-24-2012, 10:56 PM
:oldlol: @ Raymond Felton being anything other than a scrub, fat or not.

He's not the worst point guard in the league, but he's closer to being a scrub than he is to being a good player.

LikeABosh
08-24-2012, 10:59 PM
He's top 20, maybe. He is completely mediocre.

bagelred
08-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Nobody is mad at the NY Knicks. They've been perennial dormat for the decade and now finally have a 2nd tier team. Congrats.

Thanks....classy. :cheers:

MetsPackers
08-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Felton sucks. His role on the team should just be trying to not f*ck anything up on offense, and try to contribute on D. Not a big piece for the Knicks. Hopefully he just doesn't chuck and has a better shot selection than he used to. Not even a top 20 starting PG. WHat he doesn't screw up is going to be more important than what he does right

Myth
08-25-2012, 01:37 AM
I think this summarizes how I feel about Raymond Felton: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251493

kNicKz
08-25-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm more pissed about the kidd pick up than felton

Scoooter
08-25-2012, 02:12 AM
I like Raymond. He's not tremendous at running an offense, but with Mike Woodson coaching that won't even come up.

He's scrappy and tough.

Trentknicks
08-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Some? Besides Amare, who else is there from the first-half of the 2010-11 season that played Felton?
Did you even read the OP? :facepalm
He played with Chandler in Charlotte, JR in Denver, Camby & Kurt Thomas in Portland. So he will have a solid amount of chemistry with several members of the front court.

I think this summarizes how I feel about Raymond Felton: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251493
I think you should be more mad at the fact your franchise passed on Jordan, or the fact that you decided to build a big 3 around an injury plagued group.

In all honesty, your franchise as a whole fell apart last year. Felton wasn't good by any means last season, but took most of the blame purely because he was physically out of shape and the new kid on the block, which made him an easy target.

WockaVodka
08-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Raymond Felton's job is the same as everyone else on the team. Stand in some corner and go for the rebound after Melo takes the shot.

bokes15
08-25-2012, 02:30 AM

I like how you say that as if it wouldn't be a disappointment for them to finish outside of the top 5 in the East. Only 2 teams should be head and shoulders above them, Miami and Boston. They should be right on par with teams like Brooklyn and Philly. And even better than them because they have more chemistry.

Trentknicks
08-25-2012, 02:32 AM
I like how you say that as if it wouldn't be a disappointment for them to finish outside of the top 5 in the East. Only 2 teams should be head and shoulders above them, Miami and Boston. They should be right on par with teams like Brooklyn and Philly. And even better than them because they have more chemistry.
:applause: Great post, repped. I think it would be fair to put them over Philly & Nets because of their defense and depth. Time will tell, they COULD be a 3 seed if they get a healthy run.

clayton
08-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Melo finally has a companion for his junk-food-marathon!

Blue&Orange
08-25-2012, 05:42 AM
lol this shit is hilarious, incredible how some people can be so frigging retarded.

There's like half a dozen new Knicks hate threads every day, there like half a dozen new threads of fans repping their team, some of them pretty idiotic, first time in like what four months appears one thread of a knicks fan showing love for a Knick player...

"Oh noes Knicks fans, delusional!"

Guess what?, you aren't a Knick fan, but you're pretty dumb.

Pretty sure trentknicks is an anti-melo trade, and would love to have not only Felton but Gallo and Chandler back, and MozGOD.

RoseCity07
08-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Felton is trash. Not even Chris Paul could make the Knicks a contender at this point. Melo and Amare are a terrible combo. The Knicks need to rebuild.

kNicKz
08-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Not even Chris Paul could make the Knicks a contender at this point.

reckless statement :coleman:

jbot
08-25-2012, 07:07 AM
meh. (NY accent)

Trentknicks
08-25-2012, 07:18 AM
lol this shit is hilarious, incredible how some people can be so frigging retarded.

There's like half a dozen new Knicks hate threads every day, there like half a dozen new threads of fans repping their team, some of them pretty idiotic, first time in like what four months appears one thread of a knicks fan showing love for a Knick player...

"Oh noes Knicks fans, delusional!"

Guess what?, you aren't a Knick fan, but you're pretty dumb.

Pretty sure trentknicks is an anti-melo trade, and would love to have not only Felton but Gallo and Chandler back, and MozGOD.
Nah i was actually for the Melo trade and am happy with it, just thought i'd troll the shit out of ISH and the Knickerbashers with the title.

bagelred
08-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Felton is trash. Not even Chris Paul could make the Knicks a contender at this point. Melo and Amare are a terrible combo. The Knicks need to rebuild.

Better than the Roy/Oden combo.......

:roll: :roll: :roll: Oh yes, I went there.....zing!!!!..........:rockon:

And if the Knicks had Aldridge/Batum, you'd hate that too.

RoseCity07
08-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Better than the Roy/Oden combo.......

:roll: :roll: :roll: Oh yes, I went there.....zing!!!!..........:rockon:

And if the Knicks had Aldridge/Batum, you'd hate that too.

No I wouldn't because they Knicks would actually be decent if they had those two. The Knicks were actually doing just fine before the Melo trade. Now they got an burnt out Amare that will never lead a team anywhere. Carmelo Anthony at his best has already shown he can't beat Lebron.

This team has no hope the way it is constructed. Too much offense, not enough defense. Amare and Melo can't coexist on that team either.

Amare doesn't have a post game. Carmelo doesn't make his teammates better. Felton is just going to make it worse. I really thought the Knicks were turning things around a couple years ago but now they've fallen back to the depths of basketball hell.

Myth
08-25-2012, 02:02 PM
In all honesty, your franchise as a whole fell apart last year. Felton wasn't good by any means last season, but took most of the blame purely because he was physically out of shape and the new kid on the block, which made him an easy target.

He also had a terrible attitude and rallied the rest of the team to stop listening to Nate McMillan.

Ikill
08-25-2012, 02:44 PM
what all he said is Raymond Felton will have a decent season

Ikill
08-25-2012, 02:44 PM
On ISH if you so much as even hint that the Knicks are anything more than a steaming pile of shit then you get crucified for overrating them and knowing nothing about basketball :facepalm
pretty much

Ikill
08-25-2012, 03:09 PM
No I wouldn't because they Knicks would actually be decent if they had those two. The Knicks were actually doing just fine before the Melo trade. Now they got an burnt out Amare that will never lead a team anywhere. Carmelo Anthony at his best has already shown he can't beat Lebron.

This team has no hope the way it is constructed. Too much offense, not enough defense. Amare and Melo can't coexist on that team either.

Amare doesn't have a post game. Carmelo doesn't make his teammates better. Felton is just going to make it worse. I really thought the Knicks were turning things around a couple years ago but now they've fallen back to the depths of basketball hell.
The Knicks were a top 5 defensive team last year they were on pace for 45-37 record last year finished the season with an 18-6 record. Amare and Lin barely even played during that final stretch. The Knicks were the 17th best offence last year because Melo was the only player capable of handling the ball and running the offence. Melo is not a point guard so adding two legit pgs in Felton and Kidd will help improve their offence a lot.

ihatetimthomas
08-25-2012, 04:03 PM
People are just jealous that you are in NY.
And since when "Staying in shape" is a measurement of basketball capability.
Lots of great players were fat.

Yeah well the difference is is that those players were...well..great players. Felton is your average pg who never was great and being out of shape only hurts him. The average player need to be in the best shape possible to get the most out of their talents.

I thought he was solid early in his career, and expected him to be better in Portland. But he was terrible. I caught a good handful of games and my gosh he was bad. Problem here for Felton is he is going to have to try to replace the one player who gave the team hope last year and thats a lot of pressure. He is very lucky to have Kidd there.

niko
08-25-2012, 05:40 PM

Every team has people like that. It's like me saying you must be a bad fan when IM A VC3 was having his Dwight meltdown.

D12"Magic"
08-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Every team has people like that. It's like me saying you must be a bad fan when IM A VC3 was having his Dwight meltdown.

its not all of them but is ones like you that give them a bad name.

Trentknicks
08-25-2012, 06:27 PM

Please, at least try to make some valid points if your going to hate.

Whether the haters like it or not, Knicks are going to be a top defensive team (very probable top 3). Kidd, Brewer, Shump (once healthy), Kurt Thomas, Camby & Chandler are all well above average defenders, the only player that can't play D is Amare.

How will Felton make it worse, he is a much better fit than Lin. A pass first PG is what the Knicks need. All you Blazers fans will bash and hate him, because it's the easiest way to accept your whole franchise collapsed last season. He didn't want to be there and has wanted back in NY since the trade, your going to be eating crow.

NUPE_1911
08-25-2012, 06:47 PM
The Knicks will win OVER 50 games. I am basing this solely on their defense. Felton is nothing special but will bring defense, can hit an open jumper and WANTS to be in NY BADLY which is a plus. I believe Felton played well in DEN and sucked in POR. He was great in NY previously. I don't get the Felton hate.

Felton is a middle of the pack PG at best but that does not mean he is terrible or bad. He is just okay which is all the Knicks need him to be.

Trentknicks
08-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Feel free to give some feedback based on your original response.

I said Felton is in shape, a better fit than Lin and has prior chemistry with some of the team, which one of them is wrong?

Ikill
08-25-2012, 11:40 PM
The reason Felton was so bad on the Blazers was because he normally uses training camp to get into shape but there was no training camp last year. This year he's already in better shape than normal and training camp has even started.

Blue&Orange
12-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Trentknicks knows his stuff. :applause:

bluechox2
12-08-2012, 09:46 AM
felton can only play in ny

longtime lurker
12-08-2012, 12:31 PM

ROFL gotta love the supposed basketball experts on ISH :roll: :roll: :roll:

NewYorkNoPicks
12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
ROFL gotta love the supposed basketball experts on ISH :roll: :roll: :roll:

This

And where are all the Jeremy Lin asians so happy they finally had a representative in the league not named Yao. Knicks were stupid for not matching right?

Felton at 3 mill per > Lin at 8 mill per

Flush
04-28-2013, 03:30 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

MiseryCityTexas
04-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Felton proved me wrong!!!! can't even lie. I can admit when I'm wrong unlike certain people on Insidehoops. I actually thought Lin was overall better, but Felton is killing these play-offs, and the end of the regular season.

Shade8780
04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:
GOAT bump :oldlol:

lpublic_enemyl
04-28-2013, 04:19 PM
This

And where are all the Jeremy Lin asians so happy they finally had a representative in the league not named Yao. Knicks were stupid for not matching right?

Felton at 3 mill per > Lin at 8 mill per
they are only paying him 3 million :wtf:

KnicksWolves
04-28-2013, 04:20 PM
I was pretty sad when Lin left NY, being an Asian American living in NYC and all. But I had a feeling that a motivated and in-shape Felton would be just fine within our system. And that deal has turned out great in hindsight.

Shepseskaf
04-28-2013, 04:33 PM
"That fat man can ball"!!
-- Steven A. Smith

AirMike
04-28-2013, 05:55 PM
I was just looking for this thread :roll: :roll:

strifed169
04-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Lin made a mistake leaving NYC, the people there were crazy for him, who knew Harden would be an even bigger black hole than Melo

Trentknicks
04-28-2013, 07:20 PM
People were calling this such a ballsy and troll thread when it came out, but if you look at both of their games, Felton fits much better. Doesn't always need the ball to be effective and can defend well when he is committed. Much better creating offense and penetrating the lane.

A genuine knock on him can be playing like garbage (like he did in Portland) when he wasn't in his preferred situation. I think he has been pretty solid on both ends of the floor this year and especially great in the playoffs.

AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN MUCH ON HIS PnR GAME WITH STAT! For only $3 million, this guy is nearly equal to salary steal of the year with JR being paid $2.8mill.

Thanks to whoever bumped it, I have no idea how.

Jyap9675
04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Lin made a mistake leaving NYC, the people there were crazy for him, who knew Harden would be an even bigger black hole than Melo

Yes lets blame Harden for Lin's struggles smh

Legends66NBA7
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
People were calling this such a ballsy and troll thread when it came out

Nah i was actually for the Melo trade and am happy with it, just thought i'd troll the shit out of ISH and the Knickerbashers with the title.

Umm....

Thanks to whoever bumped it, I have no idea how.

Google by thread title... or you can search it by the name put in ascending or descending order by who started the thread.

Bigsmoke
04-29-2013, 08:33 PM
fat people can't lose weight :confusedshrug:

Trentknicks
04-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Umm....

Google by thread title... or you can search it by the name put in ascending or descending order by who started the thread.
man it's laughable how much time you spend on the knicks on here

Legends66NBA7
04-29-2013, 10:04 PM
man it's laughable how much time you spend on the knicks on here

So in turn, that makes you laughable too? There in the playoffs, I talk about them just as much as any other playoff team.

Anyways, if it isn't the Raptors, I've talked about the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Celtics, Nets, Sixers, Pistons, Clippers, Grizzles, Nuggets.... more than the Knicks since I joined the board.

dh144498
04-29-2013, 10:12 PM
:roll: :lol