PDA

View Full Version : Lets get one thing straight: Dwight is gonna absolutely DOMINATE the league

unbreakable
08-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Dwight has never been on this kind of team before... good defenders, good passers, good shooters, playmakers etc... everyone is locked in and focused which will allow Dwight to completely takeover the league.

I expect him to be MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP. 29 pts/16 boards/4 blocks averages

:bowdown:

TylerOO
08-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Funny, I expect all those awards to go to the King

TMT
08-27-2012, 02:43 PM
First of all they need Nash to be healthy the entire, if not atleast 90%, of the season. Second, Kobe would have to defer to Dwight as the number 1 guy on the team (a la Wade to Bron this past year), which frankly I find unlikely. 3rd, while Dwight hasn't played on a team this good before he also hasn't played on a team with this much firepower and guys around him wanting a high amount of shots as well. This is going to limit his point per game average without a doubt. 4th, Dwight would have to bounce back immensely from his back injury have the absolute most dominant year of his career if he's going to average anything close 30 a game (unlikely also, I'm guessing 20-22 ppg at best).

NumberSix
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM
It honestly wouldn't shock me for Dwight to do this with the Lakers.............

just not year 1.

mark
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Dwight has never been on this kind of team before... good defenders, good passers, good shooters, playmakers etc... everyone is locked in and focused which will allow Dwight to completely takeover the league.

I expect him to be MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP. 29 pts/16 boards/4 blocks averages

problem is that he is not the focus, and Kobe already insulted him telling him he is third banana, how he responds is the question of the day.

IGotACoolStory
08-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Why is he going to start grabbing more rebounds? I do think he will eventually break past that low 20 scoring barrier he's been on. 29? I don't know about that.

IGOTGAME
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Dwight shouldn't be number 1 option.

Al Thornton
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
has anyone ever missed the first two months of the season then won mvp?

JaggerCommaMick
08-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Whoever has the best matchup or whoever is open on a given play should be the "number one option" mate. Only idiots (like you) would disagree.

People like you suppose that Kobe should take more shots while being double teamed by James and Battier than Dwight or Gasol should while being attended to by the likes of Eddy Curry, just to stick with the 'hero fantasy' that Kobe is the #1 option....

You're a bloody simpleton, mate, it just don't get much more clearer.

DuMa
08-27-2012, 02:50 PM
you mean you think dwight is gonna get shots over Kobe?

JaggerCommaMick
08-27-2012, 02:54 PM
you mean you think dwight is gonna get shots over Kobe?

He most likely won't, just because Kobe is selfish and puts himself above the teams and the fans (for which they graciously lick his testicles).

But should he? On most nights, yes. Dwight will be much more effective of a partner with Steve Nash than will Kobe, not to mention Dwight plays nearer to the basket and will have less difficult defensive opposition than Brickbe.

But we know Brickbe's goal is not to help the team win, it's to get his own glory, despite the perils it presents to team success, and just hope that the team around him is good enough to carry him, and make all the dumb follower fans think it was him that actually produced the effort that led to the win. When typically the less involved he is, the better the team does.

Lakers 'fans' are the dumbest bloody buggers in the world, mates. Mindless hero worshipers is all they are.

IGOTGAME
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Whoever has the best matchup or whoever is open on a given play should be the "number one option" mate. Only idiots (like you) would disagree.

People like you suppose that Kobe should take more shots while being double teamed by James and Battier than Dwight or Gasol should while being attended to by the likes of Eddy Curry, just to stick with the 'hero fantasy' that Kobe is the #1 option....

You are obsessed guy. Go back to the slums.

JaggerCommaMick
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
You are obsessed guy. Go back to the slums.

It's a racial conspiracy!

krazymofo
08-27-2012, 02:58 PM
He most likely won't, just because Kobe is selfish and puts himself above the teams and the fans (for which they graciously lick his testicles).

But should he? On most nights, yes. Dwight will be much more effective of a partner with Steve Nash than will Kobe, not to mention Dwight plays nearer to the basket and will have less difficult defensive opposition than Brickbe.

But we know Brickbe's goal is not to help the team win, it's to get his own glory, despite the perils it presents to team success, and just hope that the team around him is good enough to carry him, and make all the dumb follower fans think it was him that actually produced the effort that led to the win. When typically the less involved he is, the better the team does.

Lakers 'fans' are the dumbest bloody buggers in the world, mates. Mindless hero worshipers is all they are.

lol butthurt much?

IGOTGAME
08-27-2012, 02:59 PM
It's a racial conspiracy!
Whatever you say guy. Don't get mad because I style on you at life. Goodbye. You are the first person I'm putting on ignore in over 5 years.

JaggerCommaMick
08-27-2012, 03:02 PM
lol butthurt much?

What would my bum hurt about, mate?

I watch the nba for the enjoyment of competition and team execution. Not to worship an idol and vicariously live through their successes. I simply hate the way Brickbe plays, it's counterproductive and it irks me that there are fans as dumb as you who can watch 48 minutes of basketball, and not understand some basic principles about it.

Levity
08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
has anyone ever missed the first two months of the season then won mvp?

Was this confirmed? Just curious, cause i know Dwight openly tweeted that he started working out again.

senelcoolidge
08-27-2012, 03:24 PM
So when Howard comes back from his bad back he's going to dominate. One he has to be in game shape. He has to learn the new Princeton offense. Chemistry needs to be built. His back may hamper him. He's a diva and probably won't complain at first, but it will happen eventually. I doubt he's going to dominate.

Math2
08-27-2012, 03:25 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Punpun
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
So when Howard comes back from his bad back he's going to dominate. One he has to be in game shape. He has to learn the new Princeton offense. Chemistry needs to be built. His back may hamper him. He's a diva and probably won't complain at first, but it will happen eventually. I doubt he's going to dominate.

He already is in gameshape. :yaohappy:

scm5
08-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Why is he going to start grabbing more rebounds? I do think he will eventually break past that low 20 scoring barrier he's been on. 29? I don't know about that.

The Lakers have better defenders than the Magic do. Plus, Dwight has the length of Pau to help with defense, meaning more missed shots which leads to more rebounds.

Mach_3
08-27-2012, 04:32 PM

Not with Kobe on that team

http://www.nbamemeshq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Kobe-Pau.jpg

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

longtime lurker
08-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Posters were saying that if Dwight had Steve Nash on his Orlando Magic team they would be a contender. Now he has Nash, Kobe and Gasol and they honestly think this team isn't going to dominate? :oldlol: Nothing but bitter haters up in this thread. When I read that Dwight should be the first option it makes me question why I still come to this board because there is an obvious lack in basketball knowledge and just retards hitting key strokes.

ihoopallday
08-27-2012, 06:55 PM
How can Dwight dominate with all those weapons on his team. I don't understand how LeBron does it. You'd think with so much talent, the work load would be split more evenly. Dwight dominated in Orlando. I don't think that'll be the case in LA.

BlackVVaves
08-27-2012, 06:56 PM
It honestly wouldn't shock me for Dwight to do this with the Lakers.............

just not year 1.

This. More likely to happen in year 2 when Kobe may not be Top 7 in the league anymore and Pau will be a step slower. I can see the Lakers offense primarily running through him and Nash pick and roll action, with him averaging more like 27-28 PPG, 13-15 RPG, on 58-60% shooting (he has shot 60% or more a few times in his career thusfar).

I think when Dwight is 100% healthy, comfortable enough in the Lakers franchise and offense, and the #1 option on the team, he will dominate. When healthy, Dwight is a MVP candidate caliber player, and he hasn't hit his peak yet as a player.

It all depends on how quickly he recovers and returns to 2010-2011, early 2012 form. I think him losing weight will ultimately help his game overall and prolong his prime and career in general. The bigger he is, the sooner his back or knees will begin to become chronic issues.

RazorBaLade
08-27-2012, 07:27 PM

so why is it always the selfish guys that win the most? in history how many nashes have won compared to kobe like players?

JaggerCommaMick
08-27-2012, 07:35 PM
so why is it always the selfish guys that win the most? in history how many nashes have won compared to kobe like players?

Mate, guys like Magic, Lebron, Bird, Nowitzki, Duncan, Gasol, Shaq have all dominated without being overtly selfish.

Jordan was fairly selfish some say but was competitive enough to be dominant in off-ball phases of the game like defense and rebounding, and even was a quality distributor.

Kobe is the most selfish player the game has ever seen, refuses to take charges, never guards the other teams best player, is not an efficient shooter, continues chucking even when he doesnt have it going, has myriad bad nights and still has to hog attention by staying after to 'shoot around' and all the while gets disproportionate credit from idiots like you when the TEAM and the ORGANIZATION win, usually by having guys step up while Kobe is bricking.

It's only the lowest of the low, the complete dummies of the base, the biggest retards, the most excitable sheep, the fools like yourself who think that whoever attempts the most shots on a winning team must be the best player and some automatic GOAT candidate. What a clown ye are, mate. Kobe was never the most impactful player on any of the five championship teams he was a part of. Shaq for three, Gasol for two.

chazzy
08-27-2012, 07:55 PM
starface is obsessed

StateOfMind12
08-27-2012, 08:01 PM
I still find it funny how people act as if Dwight's teams were bad in Orlando. They were no Miami Heat or OKC Thunder but that doesn't mean they were bad.

pauk
08-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Will be tough.... :D

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7382/kobe2.jpg

arifgokcen
08-27-2012, 09:09 PM

In what world are you living mate.

Curry is not even on the roster.Miami has never doubled kobe since big three.Gasol will be defended by lebron.I dont know about other idiots but you are one.

ShaqAttack3234
08-27-2012, 09:18 PM

Good shooters and defenders? He has 1, maybe 2 good shooters in Nash and maybe Jamison. And defenders? I can only think of Artest. That probably won't be a problem considering what he did in Orlando, and while I don't think highly of Mike Brown as a coach, he is a good defensive coach.

Don't get me wrong, the team is stacked and arguably the most talented in the league. You have to go back to at least the Shaq/Penny Magic, if not 80's teams like the Lakers, Celtics and Sixers to find teams that had multiple superstars and were stacked. OKC and Miami are on the verge of that, though. So I think they're a near lock to contend.

:oldlol: at 29 ppg and to a lesser extent 16 rpg. I know you're not being serious. I see him averaging closer to an even 20, maybe less. Though he's proven capable of more. This team has a lot of scorers and another superstar Kobe. He didn't average 16 rpg in Orlando with Rashard Lewis playing power forward. Why would he average a career high playing with a 10 rpg player Pau Gasol? The only chance of Dwight ever averaging 16 rpg is if he was in a role where he wasn't asked to score.

You can make a case that he should be the first option. Since he improved his post game prior to the '10-'11 season when he had a monster year, he's become a reliable option in the post who can dominate a game at either end and get more high percentage shots than just about anyone in the league. Though his FT% dropping so much last year is a concern. But while he failed to match his '11 season last year, I did see a noticeable improvement passing out of double teams, that had been his biggest weakness. If he continues that, and even gets his FT% back up to the 59-60% he was at every year from '06-'11, he'd make an excellent first option.

Then again, you could argue he should be the 3rd option.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-27-2012, 10:13 PM
The thought of Dwight ever averaging 29 makes me laugh, I just never see that happening. :lol

nevetslc88
08-27-2012, 11:50 PM
[H4L] Farewell, Orlando • Dwight Howard 2012 Season Mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NagLLJ6ZuTw&hd=1

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/12howardpresser16_150137506_10.jpg

FireDavidKahn
08-28-2012, 12:09 AM
lol @ dwight coming anywhere close to 29 PPG:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

SpecialQue
08-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Let's get one thing straight...Dwight's gonna be splitting open the opposing team's anuses every night.

SpecialQue
08-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Dwight next season:

http://www.tahitijoeshotsauces.com/images/Rectum.gif
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B174YzF4ZM0/SWmh46cVX0I/AAAAAAAAAEI/haREnkae1Pg/s320/assmurderingsauce1.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B174YzF4ZM0/SWmhr2oegkI/AAAAAAAAAD4/DbtCJfmZga8/s320/ANALyse+this.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B174YzF4ZM0/SWmhfiwSLsI/AAAAAAAAADw/Yflx9r9Wfps/s320/red+rectum.jpg

devin112
08-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Dwightbe?

amfirst
08-28-2012, 12:25 AM
First of all they need Nash to be healthy the entire, if not atleast 90%, of the season. Second, Kobe would have to defer to Dwight as the number 1 guy on the team (a la Wade to Bron this past year), which frankly I find unlikely. 3rd, while Dwight hasn't played on a team this good before he also hasn't played on a team with this much firepower and guys around him wanting a high amount of shots as well. This is going to limit his point per game average without a doubt. 4th, Dwight would have to bounce back immensely from his back injury have the absolute most dominant year of his career if he's going to average anything close 30 a game (unlikely also, I'm guessing 20-22 ppg at best).

Do u even know how many easy shots he would get playing with Nash, Kobe, and Gasol. They are all great passers. It would be a walk in the park for him.

9erempiree
08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Do u even know how many easy shots he would get playing with Nash, Kobe, and Gasol. They are all great passers. It would be a walk in the park for him.

First of all, I doubt Dwight will be dominating by himself. He was by himself at Orlando and he was far from being a dominant player. There were guys that were more dominant than he was and they were perimeter players like Kobe, Bron and Wade.

If he's going to so-called "dominate" because of Nash, Kobe and Gasol being great passers then he's overrated. When I think of dominating on offense, I think of creating your own shot.

I guess Kobe is such a great passer that it made Pau and Shaq look dominant when it was Kobe's passing?

tomtucker
08-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Let's get one thing straight...Dwight's gonna be splitting open the opposing team's anuses every night.
:eek:

TheBigVeto
08-28-2012, 04:21 AM

Bravo sir, this is a great post. :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause:

MiamiThrice
08-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Dwight will average career lows since his rookie/sophomore seasons this year. Unless Kobe actually admits to being a lesser player(LOL ya right) Dwight will be underutilized in LA.

chazzy
08-28-2012, 04:29 AM
Dwight will average career lows since his rookie/sophomore seasons this year. Unless Kobe actually admits to being a lesser player(LOL ya right) Dwight will be underutilized in LA.
What did Bynum put up last season?

Quickening
08-28-2012, 04:37 AM
What did Bynum put up last season?

Less than he will this season.

greymatter
08-28-2012, 12:31 PM

Dwight has never been as dominant as you like to imply except on the defensive end. His scoring efficiency will go up, but he's not going to get as many shots.

Only 2 of the 3 are plausible. He won't get MVP simply for the fact that he's playing alongside 2 former MVPs and is probably going to be the second or third option on offense.

If Lebron James lost MVP consideration because of fallout from "the Decision" and playing alongside Wade his first year with the Heat, there's no way in hell D(iva)wight gets one his first year with LA.

greymatter
08-28-2012, 12:37 PM
:oldlol: at 29 ppg and to a lesser extent 16 rpg.

Yup.

I know you're not being serious.

Never underestimate the capacity for idiocy on these boards.

I see him averaging closer to an even 20, maybe less. Though he's proven capable of more. This team has a lot of scorers and another superstar Kobe. He didn't average 16 rpg in Orlando with Rashard Lewis playing power forward. Why would he average a career high playing with a 10 rpg player Pau Gasol? The only chance of Dwight ever averaging 16 rpg is if he was in a role where he wasn't asked to score.

I see him being free to go challenge more shots more aggressively since he never had any real backup before to clean up the defensive boards. His rpg should go down while his FG% and bpg should go up.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Dwight has never been as dominant as you like to imply except on the defensive end. His scoring efficiency will go up, but he's not going to get as many shots.

Only 2 of the 3 are plausible. He won't get MVP simply for the fact that he's playing alongside 2 former MVPs and is probably going to be the second or third option on offense.

If Lebron James lost MVP consideration because of fallout from "the Decision" and playing alongside Wade his first year with the Heat, there's no way in hell D(iva)wight gets one his first year with LA.

This b!tch is mad... :yaohappy:

SpecialQue
08-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Let's get one thing straight, Dwight's new business card is going to have a format similar to this:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/ninaisaninja/tobias.jpg

heavensdevil
08-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Dwight will NEVER average 29 points a game. :facepalm

greymatter
08-28-2012, 02:56 PM
This b!tch is mad... :yaohappy:

Just a simple analysis based on simple facts. It's a shame that retards like yourself can't seem to grasp them and are apt to make idiotic interpretations like the one you did.

greymatter
08-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Let's get one thing straight, Dwight's new business card is going to have a format similar to this:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/ninaisaninja/tobias.jpg

At least he and Kobe have something in common; Kobe is "the/rapist".

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Just a simple analysis based on simple facts. It's a shame that retards like yourself can't seem to grasp them and are apt to make idiotic interpretations like the one you did.

Oh poor baby so sensitive

Graviton
01-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Before the season: DWIGHTS GONNA DOMINATE!

Half way through the season: TRADE THIS IMMATURE NO SKILL CLOWN!