PDA

View Full Version : How good would Dwight be next year with Kobe teaching him post moves?

9erempiree
08-28-2012, 01:36 AM
First it was Hakeem, one of the greatest posting playing Centers teaching Dwight moves.

Now, it's quite possible one of the greatest post players in history, Kobe Bryant, will teach him some moves too and probably perfect Hakeem's teachings because he and Hakeem met to discuss the art of posting years ago.

Dwight may really become a beast. Can't wait for him to do Kobe's base line up and under dunk in the post.

:bowdown:

talkingconch
08-28-2012, 01:37 AM
:banana:

gtfomyface
08-28-2012, 01:38 AM
nash gona teach him how to shoot 3's and free throws :confusedshrug: unstoppable??

swag2011
08-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Lol that would be cool but i rather nash teach dwight how to shoot free throws. Thats what ill miss about bynum most

9erempiree
08-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Dwight pretty much lacks footwork and what better guy to learn from is his own teammate.

They are basically going to chill after practice and working on moves.

I hope he takes advantage of this.

9erempiree
08-28-2012, 01:41 AM
nash gona teach him how to shoot 3's and free throws :confusedshrug: unstoppable??

naw.

Shooting 3's is not what a center does where a post up shooting guard like Kobe can really help Dwight's game.

funnystuff
08-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Kobe needs to teach Dwight how to play offense period.

RRR3
08-28-2012, 01:46 AM
Kobe needs to teach Dwight how to play offense period.
Yeah it's not like he scores 20-22 PPG on 60% FG...
Oh wait he does.:rolleyes:

ihatetimthomas
08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Gasol would be the better teacher. Pau excels in aspects Dwight is weak at. Dwight can learn a thing or two from Paus passing and post work.

SourPatchKids
08-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Kobe won't do it, It would mean he would have to give up the ball more.

RRR3
08-28-2012, 01:52 AM
Kobe won't do it, It would mean he would have to give up the ball more.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

DKLaker
08-28-2012, 01:59 AM
Gasol would be the better teacher. Pau excels in aspects Dwight is weak at. Dwight can learn a thing or two from Dwight's passing and post work.

He can learn from all 3.....and if he does.......G.O.A.T POTENTIAL :bowdown:

RRR3
08-28-2012, 02:03 AM
He can learn from all 3.....and if he does.......G.O.A.T POTENTIAL :bowdown:
Damn...Dwight hasn't even played a game yet and Lakers stans already overrating him:oldlol:
Ah well I'm sure when Dwight goes 3-16 from the foul line in a crucial playoff game you'll crucify him for "costing GAWDBE his 6th" :roll:

ihatetimthomas
08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Damn...Dwight hasn't even played a game yet and Lakers stans already overrating him:oldlol:
Ah well I'm sure when Dwight goes 3-16 from the foul line in a crucial playoff game you'll crucify him for "costing GAWDBE his 6th" :roll:

Why is it that anytime a Lakers fan praises a Lakers player...they are automatically called "stans?"

Its true...if Dwight can take and learn from these guys and apply his own game..he can be one of the NBA greats. He already is one of the best defensive centers ever.

Actually its guys like you who will crucify Kobe if he doesnt win a chip and will totally take away credit if he does win saying it was bc of his "super team."

DKLaker
08-28-2012, 02:10 AM

That was an "IF" and a "Potential" in case you didn't understand it, NOT an actual current rating.

Don't choke on your Haterade :oldlol: .......but you can :cry: in it later :D

RRR3
08-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Why is it that anytime a Lakers fan praises a Lakers player...they are automatically called "stans?"

Its true...if Dwight can take and learn from these guys and apply his own game..he can be one of the NBA greats. He already is one of the best defensive centers ever.

Actually its guys like you who will crucify Kobe if he doesnt win a chip and will totally take away credit if he does win saying it was bc of his "super team."
I don't ever seriously discredit Kobe, I just give his stans a taste of their own medicine. I've seen enough of DkLaker's post to know he's a stan anyways.

DKLaker
08-28-2012, 02:43 AM
I don't ever seriously discredit Kobe, I just give his stans a taste of their own medicine. I've seen enough of DkLaker's post to know he's a stan anyways.

You're a fking moron troll who can't afford a ticket to a game and doesn't know sh!t about basketball prior to 2008. Get off your mommy's computer kid.

RRR3
08-28-2012, 02:44 AM
You're a fking moron troll who can't afford a ticket to a game and doesn't know sh!t about basketball prior to 2008. Get off your mommy's computer kid.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

SourPatchKids
08-28-2012, 02:49 AM
Kobe and Dwight after practice:
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/45206_o.gif

funnystuff
08-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Yeah it's not like he scores 20-22 PPG on 60% FG...
Oh wait he does.:rolleyes:
So you're saying Dwight has a good offensive game? :oldlol:

LakersReign
08-28-2012, 03:05 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm sorry. I just read that ridiculous load of hot garbage above and had to get that out of my system:lol

Just gotta love it how this clown(rrr3) gets b***hslapped by every single Laker/Kobe fan on here. But to save face, he(rrr3) HAS TO PRETEND to be some bada**. You do realize there's really no way to try and play off, ALWAYS running away, cryin' like a little b***h(rrr3)....right?:hammerhead:

josh99
08-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Wow I'm just amazed how many Dwight stans have appeared now that's he on the Lakers.

Cali Syndicate
08-28-2012, 03:45 AM

Overrated or not, Dwight is the best C in the league. His post game isn't that bad either. It's not very good but he does fairly well when teams play him straight up, effective enough IMO. And with Pau on the weak side with Kobe and Nash on the perimeter, I have a feeling Dwight won't be seeing as many doubles as he did before. Thing is I'm pretty sure Dwight won't be seeing as many touches either.

Trentknicks
08-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Does this mean Ray Allen will teach Lebron and Wade to become some of the greatest 3PT shooters in the league, adding years to the careers? :confusedshrug:

chazzy
08-28-2012, 03:53 AM
RRR3 before Laker trade: "Dwight's the 2nd best in the league easily, only player that has a case over Lebron"
after: trash posts

TheBigVeto
08-28-2012, 04:01 AM
LOL WTF, Kobe isn't teaching Dwight anything.

Smoke117
08-28-2012, 04:23 AM
Kobe isn't going to teach Dwight anything and Hakeem wouldn't be the ideal teacher either. I've always said that an ideal former player for Dwight to work out with would be David Robinson. He's built more like him than anyone else and Robinson had great handles for a big man and that is one of Dwight's main weaknesses and something he would need to work on. Dwight is also very quick and has a lot of speed like Big Dave had and working on his face up game would be ideal. Though as Robinson is all about the Spurs and Howard is a Laker there is about a zero chance of that ever happening, but this is something I've been saying for years. Robinson probably has never had any interest in teaching/training with players.

Tking714
08-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Kobe won't teach Dwight anything that would lower his chances of getting Finals MVP. He just needs Dwight to stand in the paint and contest everything.

Rubio2Gasol
08-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Howard does not lack Footwork.

That's not the problem at all.

He lacks the necessary fluidity going up to complete moves,he is wy too stiff.

ILLsmak
08-28-2012, 09:32 AM

haha.

-Smak

Mr Exlax
08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
As a Dwight stan, I hope that Gasol teaches him some moves. I'm still butt hurt that he didn't come to Houston. I still haven't come to terms that he's not here, but I'm getting there. He won't work with Kobe because he doesn't have the footwork yet. You can't really execute Hakeem's moves without good footwork. He will need to work with him more.

To the poster who said Dwight doesn't have a good offensive skill set, I'm curious because he's the highest scoring center in the NBA. If it didn't take skill, then every center would turn and dunk like he does right? That's where I get hung up. He's got the 2nd best offensive skillset for centers in the NBA right now. It's not the most complex or anything, but it still does take skill.

Nick Young
08-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Kobe can't teach Dwight Howard touch or intelligence.

But if Dwight is third option of offense behind Kobe and Gasol and being fed easy dunks by Nash that won't matter, he'll still get 18-20 ppg and not complain hopefully.

Nick Young
08-28-2012, 11:25 AM
As a Dwight stan, I hope that Gasol teaches him some moves. I'm still butt hurt that he didn't come to Houston. I still haven't come to terms that he's not here, but I'm getting there. He won't work with Kobe because he doesn't have the footwork yet. You can't really execute Hakeem's moves without good footwork. He will need to work with him more.

To the poster who said Dwight doesn't have a good offensive skill set, I'm curious because he's the highest scoring center in the NBA. If it didn't take skill, then every center would turn and dunk like he does right? That's where I get hung up. He's got the 2nd best offensive skillset for centers in the NBA right now. It's not the most complex or anything, but it still does take skill.
Bogut, Cousins, Bynum, JaVale McGee (yes he's actually highly skilled and has a varied array of post moves he has shown), Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, Andrea Bargnani, Lopez all have more offensive skill.

Howard is just incredibly strong and athletic and gets fouled alot so gets alot of freethrows. His footwork is still really bad, he travels alot (which goes uncalled) and their was one season where for the first 20 games he actually showed some varied post moves before just going right back into his clanking running hook over and over again.

Mr Exlax
08-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Bogut, Cousins, Bynum, JaVale McGee (yes he's actually highly skilled and has a varied array of post moves he has shown), Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, Andrea Bargnani, Lopez all have more offensive skill.

Howard is just incredibly strong and athletic and gets fouled alot so gets alot of freethrows. His footwork is still really bad, he travels alot (which goes uncalled) and their was one season where for the first 20 games he actually showed some varied post moves before just going right back into his clanking running hook over and over again.

All those guys have more low post moves I'll give you that, but none of them are better than him offensively. I think you're talking about the start 2010-2011 when he first worked out with Hakeem. Yeah buddy I was beyond hype. Hey don't hate on the running hook. It goes down pretty often. Depending on how hard they foul him.

LikeABosh
08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
and Nash is gonna teach him better handle, the 3p shot and how to make 90% of his fts

scm5
08-28-2012, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVHSZPa-3g

Hakeem already had a few sessions with Dwight. I doubt Kobe/Pau would be able to teach Dwight much more.

Kobe's moves need too much footwork, and Pau's moves are all finesse. If there's anyone that would be able to teach Dwight, it's Shaq and we all know that's not happening.

One thing I noticed from the video of Dwight and Hakeem is that Hakeem, even at an advanced age is so much more fluid than Dwight. Dwight kinda short arms his shots while Hakeem's follow through is silky smooth. Lastly, when Hakeem makes his move, he always takes long, solid strides. Dwight on the other hand takes much smaller strides and his base doesn't seem as strong as it could be.

I do think Dwight learned from Hakeem, but I think Dwight needs someone to teach him more about how to use his physicality to be more effective. Shaq would be a tremendous teacher, even if he only taught Dwight his drop step.

Mr Exlax
08-28-2012, 11:49 AM
I do think Dwight learned from Hakeem, but I think Dwight needs someone to teach him more about how to use his physicality to be more effective. Shaq would be a tremendous teacher, even if he only taught Dwight his drop step.

I always thought maybe David Robinson since he and Dwight seem like they have similar builds.

Nick Young
08-28-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVHSZPa-3g

Hakeem already had a few sessions with Dwight. I doubt Kobe/Pau would be able to teach Dwight much more.

Kobe's moves need too much footwork, and Pau's moves are all finesse. If there's anyone that would be able to teach Dwight, it's Shaq and we all know that's not happening.

One thing I noticed from the video of Dwight and Hakeem is that Hakeem, even at an advanced age is so much more fluid than Dwight. Dwight kinda short arms his shots while Hakeem's follow through is silky smooth. Lastly, when Hakeem makes his move, he always takes long, solid strides. Dwight on the other hand takes much smaller strides and his base doesn't seem as strong as it could be.

Shaq had incredible footwork combined with an amazing soft touch. Shaq's combination of soft touch and destructive strength and power was never seen before. Dwight has a pretty big strength and athleticism advantage over his peers but his touch is heavy. Shaq wouldnt be a good teacher. I think Howard should just work on moving off the ball and rebounds and just accept the fact he will never be a legit #1 option on a title winning team. I think he kind of already has accepted this by going to the Lakers and wanting to be paired with an elite PG.

Dwight is the second best scoring center in the league IMO, behind Bynum. But that's only because most centers suck offensively these days. But I dont think Howard will ever be a guy like Duncan Shaq or Hakeem where you can just drop it down to them and expect 2 points.

scm5
08-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Shaq had incredible footwork combined with an amazing soft touch. Shaq's combination of soft touch and destructive strength and power was never seen before. Dwight has a pretty big strength and athleticism advantage over his peers but his touch is heavy. Shaq wouldnt be a good teacher. I think Howard should just work on moving off the ball and rebounds and just accept the fact he will never be a legit #1 option on a title winning team. I think he kind of already has accepted this by going to the Lakers and wanting to be paired with an elite PG.

Dwight is the second best scoring center in the league IMO, behind Bynum. But that's only because most centers suck offensively these days. But I dont think Howard will ever be a guy like Duncan Shaq or Hakeem where you can just drop it down to them and expect 2 points.

True, but a lot of Shaq's moves resulted in great positioning for strong finishes which is what Dwight specializes in.

Either way, I think Dwight as is along with the Lakers current squad is enough to win us the title. I don't care if Dwight gets better or positions himself to be one of the better C's in the league. I don't think he holds or will hold any loyalty to the Lakers and I'm not going to show him any until he proves that. At least, on the message boards.

Mr Exlax
08-28-2012, 12:16 PM

Damn you usuallly piss me off with most of your posts that I've come across, but I...I... agree with you.....on like 98% of this lol. Dwight unfortunately won't be the first option on the Lakers this season and probably next season, but after Kobe retires it's all Dwight. Just my hopes and dreams lol. Hey do you think it's safe to say that Dwight is the second best player in the NBA? Overall anyway. I feel he is and not because I'm a stan. I just really really think he is.

greymatter
08-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Dwight learned from the best. There's no big man in NBA history with better footwork than Hakeem's. Kobe has nothing new to offer Dwight that he'd find useful.

AlphaWolf24
08-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Dwight learned from the best. There's no big man in NBA history with better footwork than Hakeem's. Kobe has nothing new to offer Dwight that he'd find useful.

please......the Kobe slighting on this board is silly....kids need to recognize game...

Kobe will show Dwight all the things a Big Man needs to know....Dwight will improve by leaps and bounds...Much LikeHow Kobe helped Shaq,Gasol Dominate like he never done before or since...he will help Dwight in the same way

scm5
08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
please......the Kobe slighting on this board is silly....kids need to recognize game...

Kobe will show Dwight all the things a Big Man needs to know....Dwight will improve by leaps and bounds...Much LikeHow Kobe helped Shaq,Gasol Dominate like he never done before or since...he will help Dwight in the same way

Not with post moves, but with positioning so Kobe can get him easier looks. Same with Nash.

INDI
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Actually Bynum would be his best teacher

greymatter
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM

It's not a slight. Kobe's post game doesn't compare to Hakeem's. Maybe that's why Kobe went to Hakeem to learn? :banghead:

Kobe's not a big, so WTF does he know what a big man needs? He modeled his post game after Jordan's. D12 needs a post game modeled after an ATG center's. He doesn't have shooting touch, so Dream Shake fade-aways aren't on the menu.

Levity
08-28-2012, 03:13 PM
hopefully, someone teaches artest some foot work too. that or he should seriously sign up for a beginners ballet class.

Smoke117
08-29-2012, 03:44 AM

That is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read considering Bynum was on your team this past season and he traveled more than any other center in the entire league and was never called for it and you had no problem with that did you? I'm sure you'll have no problem with Dwight Howard and his traveling now either and he doesn't travel close to as much as Bynum.

Nick Young
08-29-2012, 06:45 AM
That is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read considering Bynum was on your team this past season and he traveled more than any other center in the entire league and was never called for it and you had no problem with that did you? I'm sure you'll have no problem with Dwight Howard and his traveling now either and he doesn't travel close to as much as Bynum.
Bynum has solid footwork so I didnt notice it as much. With Dwight it's 3 blatant giant steps.

Mr Exlax
08-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Bynum has solid footwork so I didnt notice it as much. With Dwight it's 3 blatant giant steps.

Superstar calls bro. One of the benefits of being the best lol.

Rubio2Gasol
08-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Superstar calls bro. One of the benefits of being the best lol.

People underestimate this aspect of the game.

The calls Dwight gets especially in terms of fouls and free throws, Andrew never got, that to me will be the biggest difference with him in Philly.

He will be a superstar in his own right and the refs won't let players gang up and abuse him to stop him.

He will shoot 8-10 free throws a game like Dwight does,

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-29-2012, 12:38 PM
hopefully, someone teaches artest some foot work too. that or he should seriously sign up for a beginners ballet class.

The reason he went on Dancing with the Stars was to improve his footwork.

Mr Exlax
08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
People underestimate this aspect of the game.

The calls Dwight gets especially in terms of fouls and free throws, Andrew never got, that to me will be the biggest difference with him in Philly.

He will be a superstar in his own right and the refs won't let players gang up and abuse him to stop him.

He will shoot 8-10 free throws a game like Dwight does,

Dwight will still be better though. You do agree with that right?

Smoke117
08-29-2012, 07:48 PM

You didn't notice how much Bynum shuffled his feet down in the post? Then you must be as blind as you are stupid.

Jameerthefear
08-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Lol. Did you even watch Lakers games this season? Bynum traveled ALL THE TIME.

Dictator
08-29-2012, 11:13 PM
It's bad to root for your players now? :biggums: :wtf: :rolleyes: :hammerhead: :banghead:

TheBigVeto
08-30-2012, 01:45 AM
The only post move Kobe is going to teach Dwight is to get the ball, pass it to him so that he can chuck an off balance, fadeaway 3 pointer and brick it.

NumberSix
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Or, Kobe could just ensure that Dwight never gets the ball. Who could have seen that coming?