PDA

View Full Version : looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWFIGhD980

"kobe bryant will go down as the greatest player that has ever lived"

back then they all mocked him for saying it. but how amazing is it that mark predicted that same kid who ( at the time ) had 3 rings, 0 mvps, 0 finals mvps and was on a team with kwame brown and smush parker would end up being put in a position to be argued as the greatest ever

now he has the best chance out of anyone to grab a 6th title this year with a 3rd finals mvp and be atleast in the conversation with mike

and think about it... 3 years with howard/nash/pau

hes getting atleast 1... thats for sure ( i'l bet 10 grand on it )

that being said. theres a 99.9% chance of mark jackson coming out one day and saying

"i told you so"

:bowdown: bow down to the great mark nostradamus jackson

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/jhgfd.png

9erempiree
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Mark Jackson is actually one of those brilliant basketball minds.

I consider him one of the best PG's to play the game. He was just so damn crafty.

tmacattack33
08-28-2012, 02:30 PM
1. We're still laughing.

2. Anything Jackson ever said about Kobe was more about Jackson's deep personal hatred for MJ than Kobe. Don't flatter yourself.

no pun intended
08-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Come on. He guaranteed GSW was going to the playoffs in his first year of coaching.

scandisk_
08-28-2012, 02:36 PM
These kobe apostles are indeed hilarious :lol

in 20 years kobe will be forgotten

deal wit it :lol

The Iron Fist
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Kobe has no chance to be goat.

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 03:06 PM

LMFAO

the most polarizing player in nba history will be forgotten ?

think of it this way dumby... each generation has had 1-2 polarizing/elite/all time greats/i.e. torch carriers that were the face of the nba

50's - Mikan
60's - Russell/Wilt
70's - Kareem
80's - Magic/Bird
90's - Jordan
00's - Kobe

these people will probably never be forgotten... they carry the league not only just with their skill, not only with their achivement... but also with their celebrity, marketing, hatred, love and everything that goes with it

kobe is easly a top 5 most well known/popular/hated athlete of all time

and probably #2 all time in basketball

this would be the 5 athletes of all time highest status world wide recognition/ worshiping etc..

#1 Muhammad Ali
#2 Michael Jordan
#3 Pele
#4 Tiger Woods
#5 Kobe Bryant

these are the most talked about, recognized names in sports history. period

kobe in china is a god. hes bigger than buddha lol

good luck having the world forget him.. especially if hes won 6-7 titles

Mach_3
08-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Come on. He guaranteed GSW was going to the playoffs in his first year of coaching.

I remember that :lol :lol

He also guaranteed they would start playing defense :roll:

Also Mark Jackson always gives me the feeling that he would rather fcuk Kobe then his own wife 90% of the tim

Nevaeh
08-28-2012, 03:21 PM
LMFAO

the most polarizing player in nba history will be forgotten ?

think of it this way dumby... each generation has had 1-2 polarizing/elite/all time greats/i.e. torch carriers that were the face of the nba

50's - Mikan
60's - Russell/Wilt
70's - Kareem
80's - Magic/Bird
90's - Jordan
00's - Kobe

these people will probably never be forgotten... they carry the league not only just with their skill, not only with their achivement... but also with their celebrity, marketing, hatred, love and everything that goes with it

kobe is easly a top 5 most well known/popular/hated athlete of all time

and probably #2 all time in basketball

this would be the 5 athletes of all time highest status world wide recognition/ worshiping etc..

#1 Muhammad Ali
#2 Michael Jordan
#3 Pele
#4 Tiger Woods
#5 Kobe Bryant

these are the most talked about, recognized names in sports history. period

kobe in china is a god. hes bigger than buddha lol

good luck having the world forget him.. especially if hes won 6-7 titles

Based on this post, it's obvious you never watched Kobe play. Dude has too many retarded basketball moments to ever be considered "#2" in basketball.

AlphaWolf24
08-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Based on this post, it's obvious you never watched Kobe play. Dude has too many retarded basketball moments to ever be considered "#2" in basketball.

no more then Tragic Magic , Larry Bird scoring back 2 back 8 point's in the Finals and Losing with HCA every other year....MJ having 5 losing seasons..

Kobe actually has less then those guys..

be afraid Jordan Jockers be very afraid...

PS: remember those ***** that's yelled at Mark....right after screaming at Mark calling him an *****... they said Kobe would never win a Title again??

where are they now?...prolly still crying...making videos/threads from dey basement

BlackVVaves
08-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Kobe isn't, and will never be the G.O.A.T.

Nevaeh
08-28-2012, 03:30 PM
no more then Tragic Magic , Larry Bird scoring back 2 back 8 point's in the Finals and Losing with HCA every other year....MJ having 5 losing seasons..

Kobe actually has less then those guys..

be afraid Jordan Jockers be very afraid...

PS: remember those ***** that's yelled at Mark....right after screaming at Mark calling him an *****... they said Kobe would never win a Title again??

where are they now?...prolly still crying...making videos/threads from dey basement

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Kobe having the biggest ratio of retarded fans as well. That alone keeps him from ever sniffing "top 2".http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

Heavincent
08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention Kobe having the biggest ratio of retarded fans as well. That alone keeps him from ever sniffing "top 2".http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

What a stupid post. Kobe's fans have absolutely no effect on his all time ranking. None.

SilkkTheShocker
08-28-2012, 03:43 PM

Wow, this was a terrible post.

Boogey
08-28-2012, 03:46 PM
In 20 years, it's more likely Kobe will be goat rather than forgotten. Just saying

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:02 PM
still LOL'ing at scottie pippens reply to mark jacksons prediction

basically saying ....sure he has 81 points. but he wont get past the first week of may ( without shaq )

obviously pippen thought he'd have kwame and smush for the next 9 years

:roll: :roll: :roll:

all kobe needed was pau to get past that first week of may

and all the way into june with the trophy

fpliii
08-28-2012, 04:04 PM
still LOL'ing at scottie pippens reply to mark jacksons prediction

basically saying ....sure he has 81 points. but he wont get past the first week of may ( without shaq )

obviously pippen thought he'd have kwame and smush for the next 9 years

:roll: :roll: :roll:

give kobe what michael had... i.e. a stacked team like the 90's bulls ( pippen/rodman/kukoc/kerr/harper )

and he'l get 6 or more too LOL

griff - I'm putting together a new top 10 all-time list using new criteria

it's gonna be pretty epic

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:10 PM
griff - I'm putting together a new top 10 all-time list using new criteria

it's gonna be pretty epic

my criteria is #of rings by mvp+finals mvp winners... with all nba 1st teams as tie breakers ( and to have your rings count you have to be atleast a top 2 player )

#1 Russell
#2 Jordan
#3 Kareem
#4 Kobe
#5 Magic
#6 Shaq
#7 Duncan
#8 Bird
#9 Wilt
#10 Hakeem

and i credit russell with a finals mvp since he was named after the trophy

fpliii
08-28-2012, 04:15 PM
my criteria is #of rings by mvp+finals mvp winners... with all nba 1st teams as tie breakers ( and to have your rings count you have to be atleast a top 2 player )

#1 Russell
#2 Jordan
#3 Kareem
#4 Kobe
#5 Magic
#6 Shaq
#7 Duncan
#9 Bird
#10 Wilt

I'm basing it purely on the eye test

Dr. J is way up there (including his ABA years, no reason not to)

CTulc
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM

#1 Russell
#2 Jordan
#3 Kareem
#4 Kobe
#5 Magic
#6 Shaq
#7 Duncan
#9 Bird
#10 Wilt

This is the most fabricated and dumbest list I've ever seen. This was purely made to glorify and build up Kobe.

A Kobe Stan would want to:

a.) put Kobe in top 5
b.) make sure Kobe is the greatest laker.
c.) put Shaq much further behind him.
d.) dumbest of all, make sure Jordan isn't #1 LOL.

Not to mention the disgrace to Bird and Duncan.

I find it funny too that you put Bird 9th even though he has the same number of finals MVPs as Kobe and way more regular season MVPs plus much more impressive stats and incredible turnaround of a franchise.

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm basing it purely on the eye test

Dr. J is way up there (including his ABA years, no reason not to)

if his aba days counted he would easly be a top 7-8 player ever

but the aba as a league was a joke. it had some great teams and great players. but the bad competition was so bad that it kind of messed with the players stats. and it was verrrry easy to make the all aba teams if you were a good player because there werent that many... probably every great player they had made the 1st or 2nd team lol

i don't count anything a player did in the ABA

erving is at best a top 13-15 player IMO

fpliii
08-28-2012, 04:24 PM
if his aba days counted he would easly be a top 7-8 player ever

but the aba as a league was a joke. it had some great teams and great players. but the bad competition was so bad that it kind of messed with the players stats. and it was verrrry easy to make the all aba teams if you were a good player because there werent that many... probably every great player they had made the 1st or 2nd team lol

i don't count anything a player did in the ABA

that's not accurate at all, for the most part

when it first came around, yeah it sucked, but they still had guys like Hawk and Barry

it wasn't a joke when Dr. J played from 71-76, unless you believe the NBA was a joke during the same time

I count Dr. J's stats the same as I do Kareem's pre-merger, but my new list isn't about stats, MVPs, or championships...it's just about overall impression

after I put together the initial list to use as a base, I can adjust for rings and accomplishments

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:25 PM
This is the most fabricated and dumbest list I've ever seen. This was purely made to glorify and build up Kobe.

A Kobe Stan would want to:

a.) put Kobe in top 5
b.) make sure Kobe is the greatest laker.
c.) put Shaq much further behind him.
d.) dumbest of all, make sure Jordan isn't #1 LOL.

Not to mention the disgrace to Bird and Duncan.

well for one i meant to put hakeem at #10

#1 Russell
#2 Jordan
#3 Kareem
#4 Kobe
#5 Magic
#6 Shaq
#7 Duncan
#8 Bird
#9 Wilt
#10 Hakeem

my list is pretty much the exact same as the one voted on by the people of ISH on those daily voting threads

only difference is its more consistant with an actual criteria... the players are all the same. just 1 or 2 guys flipped... so whats the big difference?

this is how they should be judged

#of rings by mvp/finals mvps is basically the only thing that makes sense

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:28 PM
that's not accurate at all, for the most part

when it first came around, yeah it sucked, but they still had guys like Hawk and Barry

it wasn't a joke when Dr. J played from 71-76, unless you believe the NBA was a joke during the same time

I count Dr. J's stats the same as I do Kareem's pre-merger, but my new list isn't about stats, MVPs, or championships...it's just about overall impression

after I put together the initial list to use as a base, I can adjust for rings and accomplishments

the ABA is basically like WCW....sure it had a few good years. but for the most part... theres a reason they went out of business and had to merge and drop their history and name

a few good guys got into wwf / NBA

but overall most were let go because it was a second rate company

and to be at the top of wcw/ABA was easier due to them all being mostly all left over garbage mixed with insanely high priced greats

there wasnt an even flow from great to role player in the ABA

it was star + bums

so no... i wont give erving any credit for what he did in that WCW league lol

Freedom Kid7
08-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Every time someon says "Kobe is the best player post-Jordan and of the 00s olol", I die a little inside. Kobe's good. Really good. Top 10 all time good. But to forget the fact he left the Lakers in purgatory for a good three years or so is preposterous. I'd still take Duncan over him. I will say though, if he gets one more ring, I will have to reconsider.

hawksdogsbraves
How can a 1x MVP be the GOAT? I mean rings are great and all, but that's more a reflection of the team than the individual. He was only the clear cut best player in the league for maybe two years, LeBron has been the best in the league for five already with no foreseeable drop off.

fpliii
the ABA is basically like WCW....sure it had a few good years. but for the most part... theres a reason they went out of business and had to merge and drop their history and name

a few good guys got into wwf / NBA

but overall most were let go because it was a second rate company

and to be at the top of wcw/ABA was easier due to them all being mostly all left over garbage mixed with insanely high priced greats

there wasnt an even flow from great to role player in the ABA

it was star + bums

so no... i wont give erving any credit for what he did in that WCW league lol

in the first NBA season post-merger, 10 of the 24 all-stars were from the ABA

5 of 10 starters in the 76-77 Finals were from the ABA

of the 84 players in the ABA at the time of the merger, 63 played in the NBA for at least one full season

four of the top ten scorers in 76-77 were from the ABA (and Dr. J had a down year due to his team's system before blowing up in the Finals, so he's not even one of those four)

Don Buse of the Pacers led the league in steals and assists in 76-77

Moses Malone was 3rd in rebounding, Artis Gilmore was 4th

Gilmore and Caldwell Jones were top 5 in the NBA in blocked shots

it was as equal a partnership as you can get, much more so than the BAA-NBL merger

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:37 PM
How can a 1x MVP be the GOAT? I mean rings are great and all, but that's more a reflection of the team than the individual. He was only the clear cut best player in the league for maybe two years, LeBron has been the best in the league for five already with no foreseeable drop off.

because the media only gives multiple mvps to lovable media face of the nba poster child darlings that have never been arrested types with no real controvercy

hense = kobe, barkley, hakeem, shaq only getting one mvp

and steve nash getting 2, duncan getting 2, lebron getting 3 etc...

notice the guys who were outcasts by the media were slighted... while the guys who never got into trouble off the court got more than 1 mvp???

kobe should have 3-4 mvps, barkley should have 2 mvps, shaq should have 3-4 mvps, hakeem should have 2 atleast

the only thing thats certain is that if you are truly great. the media more than likely will bite their tongue and atleast hand you one trophy

so i do admit the mvp does mean something sort of.

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:42 PM
in the first NBA season post-merger, 10 of the 24 all-stars were from the ABA

5 of 10 starters in the 76-77 Finals were from the ABA

of the 84 players in the ABA at the time of the merger, 63 played in the NBA for at least one full season

four of the top ten scorers in 76-77 were from the ABA (and Dr. J had a down year due to his team's system before blowing up in the Finals, so he's not even one of those four)

Don Buse of the Pacers led the league in steals and assists in 76-77

Moses Malone was 3rd in rebounding, Artis Gilmore was 4th

Gilmore and Caldwell Jones were top 5 in the NBA in blocked shots

it was as equal a partnership as you can get, much more so than the BAA-NBL merger

but this just proves my point

like i said.. there were 10 great players and only 60 aba players made it to the nba

out of like 330+ nba players at the time of the merger... only 60 were ABA?

not great

pretty small league compared to the NBA...

Peteballa
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
How is the clown in the green? Seriously, is there any reason why this guy doesn't have a red bar?

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:46 PM
How is the clown in the green? Seriously, is there any reason why this guy doesn't have a red bar?

i know eh? all people who say positive things about kobe should be banned

:applause:

ok sir. you win

CHUCKER, HOG, RAPIST!, NEEDS BIG MEN!, CARRIED BY BYNUMGOD!, GASOL = FMVP

there... can i get my 5-6 green bars now?

honestly do you think i care if i'm repped by a forum run mostly by letards?

fpliii
08-28-2012, 04:48 PM
but this just proves my point

like i said.. there were 10 great players and only 60 aba players made it to the nba

out of like 330+ nba players at the time of the merger... only 60 were ABA?

not great

pretty small league compared to the NBA...

there were only 84 players in the league at the time of the merger

a total of 112 players played games that year, but some were part time players that went to the NBA earlier, 7 teams which finished the season (there were 9 teams that started the season, 10 in the previous years, up to 11 in league history); some of the teams folded because teams knew they wouldn't be around after the inevitable merger

there were 238 players in the NBA that season, 18 teams total

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
there were only 84 players in the league at the time of the merger

a total of 112 players played games that year, but some were part time players that went to the NBA earlier, 7 teams which finished the season (there were 9 teams that started the season, 10 in the previous years, up to 11 in league history); some of the teams folded because teams knew they wouldn't be around after the inevitable merger

there were 238 players in the NBA that season, 18 teams total

well think of it like this

say i make up a league called elite canadian basketball

make 10 teams. have 10 allstar level players... steal a few from the nba even

kobe leads a team in the ECB to a few championships... then comes back to the nba

even if my little 10 team 80 player league had a few great players and some good players... nobody is gonna say

Kobe = 7 rings > jordan 6 rings

right?

because you can only compare what 1 guy did in the nba+ some made up league to another guy who played only in the nba

it wouldnt be fair to rate what a player did in an inferior lesser league

funnystuff
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
This.

SourPatchKids
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
So what?

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 05:02 PM
This.

sorry but a collection of sports writers don't determine whos the GOAT

and even if they did.. kareems goat then not jordan if you wanna say MVP's + rings are end all be all

its obvious its more about rings by mvps than mvps by people with rings when you see moses malone is not top 10 and kobe/shaq/hakeem are

Heavincent
08-28-2012, 05:20 PM

He's not the GOAT, but the MVP award really isn't that important. It's a strictly subjective award.

Optimus Prime
08-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Kobe Bryant is a bad man.

:kobe:

OldSchoolBBall
08-28-2012, 05:37 PM
The world is still laughing, both at that prediction and at Mark Jackson.

Rasheed1
08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Yes, the world is still laughing

I also like the comment about MVPs... Kobe has been in the league how many years? How many MVPs does he have?

DuMa
08-28-2012, 05:43 PM
http://i.minus.com/iAyw4jE52NaAm.gif

Nevaeh
08-28-2012, 05:43 PM

And he has the MVPs to back that claim up. One in 16 years by an alleged "Top 2" is pathetic as hell.

Young X
08-28-2012, 05:45 PM
The world is still laughing.

NuggetsFan
08-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Kobe has no shot at being the GOAT. Not even hating. Fairly or unfairly MJ has cemented himself as the GOAT. If guy's like Kareem, Wilt, Russel, Magic etc. who have had similar carers\stats\achievements etc. yet still don't measure up in the consensus vs Jordan than a guy like Kobe has literally no chance.

I'm not a fan of Kobe but he's a great player. One of the best of All-Time. Simply a tier below GOAT candidate.

NuggetsFan
08-28-2012, 05:50 PM
He's not the GOAT, but the MVP award really isn't that important. It's a strictly subjective award.

With the way basketball players are rated, it's kinda important. Not the end all be all but still needed. Not to say that makes it true but the consensus greatest basketball player of All-Time will have an MVP award, more than one probably. When looking at it like Derrick Rose vs Kobe, or Steve Nash vs Shaq? Than ya it looks pretty stupid.

I'd bet my life the guy who surpasses Jordan will be a multiple time MVP.

Heavincent
08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
And he has the MVPs to back that claim up. One in 16 years by an alleged "Top 2" is pathetic as hell.

Shaq - 1 MVP.

One MVP for the alleged most dominant player of all time is pathetic as hell, right?

LBJDW305
08-28-2012, 05:59 PM

back then they all mocked him for saying it. but how amazing is it that mark predicted that same kid who ( at the time ) had 3 rings, 0 mvps, 0 finals mvps and was on a team with kwame brown and smush parker would end up being put in a position to be argued as the greatest ever

now he has the best chance out of anyone to grab a 6th title this year with a 3rd finals mvp and be atleast in the conversation with mike

that being said. theres a 99.9% chance of mark jackson coming out one day and saying

"i told you so"

You don't have 10K to bet and if you do I will take that bet and fly you in to Miami and you can sleep in my condo for a night while I'm spending that 10k at LIV in one night because Kobe will never be GOAT

BlackVVaves
08-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Kobe isn't, and will never be the G.O.A.T.

http://memeanimals.cheezburger.com/#./4187773952

AlphaWolf24
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM
With the way basketball players are rated, it's kinda important. Not the end all be all but still needed. Not to say that makes it true but the consensus greatest basketball player of All-Time will have an MVP award, more than one probably. When looking at it like Derrick Rose vs Kobe, or Steve Nash vs Shaq? Than ya it looks pretty stupid.

I'd bet my life the guy who surpasses Jordan will be a multiple time MVP.

Kobe has no shot at being the GOAT. Not even hating. Fairly or unfairly MJ has cemented himself as the GOAT. If guy's like Kareem, Wilt, Russel, Magic etc. who have had similar carers\stats\achievements etc. yet still don't measure up in the consensus vs Jordan than a guy like Kobe has literally no chance.

I'm not a fan of Kobe but he's a great player. One of the best of All-Time. Simply a tier below GOAT candidate

totally false....

it would have been more accurate if Bill russell was rated higher then MJ...but no.

- How can anyone with a straight face sit there and say season MVP's is a valuable commodity ...

when Bill Russell won 11 NBA Championships , Has the Finals MVP named after him...won back 2 back NCAA Titles and the mostDominate Olympic run ever...with 5 MVP's also....

yet most put MJ ahead of Russell ( who won 5 more titles)???

- makes no sense to say Kobe didn't win as many League MVP's....but Jordan can pass up Russell allthough he won far less and Rus has the FVP named after him.....if Kobe can pass MJ in titles most will view Kobe ahead of jordan (not everyone but a large chunk of fans)...just as mostview MJ ahead of Russell.

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM

how do you win mvp if the criteria changes every year

they kept it out of kobes hands by changing it every year

one time it was "he doesnt have a top 3 record... who cares if he has the best stats and is the best player"

then lebron won it last year and jordan won it in the 80's with that exact same criteria... neither had a top 3 record and did it based purely on individual dominance

then other times they say he has too much help. then they give it to nash with 3 other allstars or lebron with 2 other allstars

lets face it... the mvp has become a joke.

shaq has 1 and hes been argued by some as a top 5 player ever

some have called hakeem the goat and he only has 1 mvp

some have said oscar is top 3 and he only has 1

nash has 2... go figure

Nevaeh
08-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Shaq - 1 MVP.

One MVP for the alleged most dominant player of all time is pathetic as hell, right?

And nobody is "alleging" that Shaq is Top 2 like the OP is either. Didn't we just have a series of Threads about this crap? Shouldn't you be happy your boy jumped 2 full places from 2 months ago on all-time lists doing absolutely nothing?

:oldlol:

NuggetsFan
08-28-2012, 06:20 PM
totally false....

it would have been more accurate if Bill russell was rated higher then MJ...but no.

- How can anyone with a straight face sit there and say season MVP's is a valuable commodity ...

when Bill Russell won 11 NBA Championships , Has the Finals MVP named after him...won back 2 back NCAA Titles and the mostDominate Olympic run ever...with 5 MVP's also....

yet most put MJ ahead of Russell ( who won 5 more titles)???

- makes no sense to say Kobe didn't win as many League MVP's....but Jordan can pass up Russell allthough he won far less and Rus has the FVP named after him.....if Kobe can pass MJ in titles most will view Kobe ahead of jordan (not everyone but a large chunk of fans)...just as mostview MJ ahead of Russell.

Everything is about combination. MVP's, FMVP's, peak, statistics, memorable moments and with a guy like MJ? Marketing helped ALOT. Russell should have a case for being GOAT, just like Kareem should. They really don't in the general public tho.

Kobe IMO is a tier below GOAT candidates. At no point during the '00 were we ever like wow were watching the greatest basketball player of all time. With Kobe at 34 years old now? Nobody was like holy shit we could be watching the greatest basketball player ever. He's an All-Time great, one of the best to ever play and everyone see's that.

Won't ever be the consensus GOAT. I personally don't think he'll ever be in the consideration either. Today's generation is still in love with Jordan. Old heads will always love themselves Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell etc. Kobe falls in with Shaq\Duncan.

krazymofo
08-28-2012, 06:22 PM
The world is still laughing and i'm laughing at the fact that one of you guys posting in this thread should bet this fool because you're gonna be 10 grand richer. Ask him to sign a napkin and sign it and take picture of it please.

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 06:24 PM
You don't have 10K to bet and if you do I will take that bet and fly you in to Miami and you can sleep in my condo for a night while I'm spending that 10k at LIV in one night because Kobe will never be GOAT

ok the bets on

10,000$ american

if the lakers don't win a title in either the 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 seasons. i will pay you 10,000$ american

and if the lakers do. you owe me 10,000$ american

deals on. i got witnesses

someone bookmark it

Heavincent
08-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Shouldn't you be happy your boy jumped 2 full places from 2 months ago on all-time lists doing absolutely nothing?

He's been 7 or 8 on my list since 2010, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 06:28 PM
He's been 7 or 8 on my list since 2010, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

seriously... some people here are nuts

even if kobe only had 2 titles and 2 finals mvps to go with all his records, stats, 1st team all nba's.... he'd still be a top 10 all time player ahead of hakeem at #9

juju151111
08-28-2012, 06:30 PM
because the media only gives multiple mvps to lovable media face of the nba poster child darlings that have never been arrested types with no real controvercy

hense = kobe, barkley, hakeem, shaq only getting one mvp

and steve nash getting 2, duncan getting 2, lebron getting 3 etc...

notice the guys who were outcasts by the media were slighted... while the guys who never got into trouble off the court got more than 1 mvp???

kobe should have 3-4 mvps, barkley should have 2 mvps, shaq should have 3-4 mvps, hakeem should have 2 atleast

the only thing thats certain is that if you are truly great. the media more than likely will bite their tongue and atleast hand you one trophy

so i do admit the mvp does mean something sort of.
Gtfo wat year was Kobe surpose to win MVP and how is Kobe better then Magic

AlphaWolf24
08-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Everything is about combination. MVP's, FMVP's, peak, statistics, memorable moments and with a guy like MJ? Marketing helped ALOT. Russell should have a case for being GOAT, just like Kareem should. They really don't in the general public tho.

Kobe IMO is a tier below GOAT candidates. At no point during the '00 were we ever like wow were watching the greatest basketball player of all time. With Kobe at 34 years old now? Nobody was like holy shit we could be watching the greatest basketball player ever. He's an All-Time great, one of the best to ever play and everyone see's that.

Won't ever be the consensus GOAT. I personally don't think he'll ever be in the consideration either. Today's generation is still in love with Jordan. Old heads will always love themselves Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell etc. Kobe falls in with Shaq\Duncan.

seriousy..where have you been?

- People have been saying Kobe was on par to MJ and maybe better since 01'...

- memorable moments?.Kobe has the most memorable moment of his generation...to go along with all the other gret ones ( 2000 comeback , 42 in 1 hlf 62 in 3 , "the floater" over Dwight in the Finals etc...)

- maybe out in Denver y'all can't recgnize...but here in Cali we have been recognizing maybe the GOAT for awhile now.(China too BTW:banana: )

- If Kobe wins1 - 2 more titles....just watch......

:roll: @Shaq and Duncan.....54% baby!54% baby!54% baby!

AlphaWolf24
08-28-2012, 06:32 PM
And nobody is "alleging" that Shaq is Top 2 like the OP is either. Didn't we just have a series of Threads about this crap? Shouldn't you be happy your boy jumped 2 full places from 2 months ago on all-time lists doing absolutely nothing?

you mean "according to ISH"...:lol

Kobe jumped into Top 10 in 09'....easily 5 - 7 right now

kennethgriffin
08-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Gtfo wat year was Kobe surpose to win MVP and how is Kobe better then Magic

magic lost nearly as many finals as hes won

he never played defense

he only dominated for maybe 9 years at most

kobes won 5 out of 7 finals

kobe has the all time most all defensive first team awards to go along with his seperior offensive game, athleticism, peak, and longevity

magic needed 5 other HOF'rs just to win 1 title .. let alone all 5

kobe won 2 of his 5 with just 1 other allstar ( pau gasol ) who is barely top 100 all time

kobe was the best player in 2003... best stats on a contending team by far

2006 he was by far and away mvp

2007 he was also by far and away mvp

and in 2009... he had 1 less win than lebron. could have stole away mvp if they factored in how easy it was for cleveland against eastern competition

if the media loved kobe the way they did nash... i'm sure any of those years they would have found a way to vote for him.

but they didnt. they hated him. theyre already mailing in their lebron votes for 2012-13 ... have you taken a look at the espn front page?

this is the difference between a media darling and a media outcast

The Iron Fist
08-28-2012, 06:53 PM
What then do you call the guy who won just one, as the supposed most dominant ever?

rzp
08-28-2012, 06:59 PM
What then do you call the guy who won just one, as the supposed most dominant ever?

cuz he was supposed to win 2 or 3 more, and Kobe not

TheBigVeto
08-29-2012, 02:47 AM

"i told you so"

http://oi53.tinypic.com/34rtwyh.jpg

Horatio33
08-29-2012, 04:24 AM
kobe was sidekick to Shaq for his first 3 rings. He was never said to be as good or better than MJ in 2001.

kobestans keep making these threads saying "kobe is as good as MJ" when they are the only ones saying it. Is he top ten. Yes. Top two? No.

DJ Leon Smith
08-29-2012, 05:07 AM
seriousy..where have you been?

- memorable moments?.Kobe has the most memorable moment of his generation...

That's true. Giving up a 24-point first-half lead at home in the NBA Finals was probably the most memorable moment we've had in some time. Thanks for the memories, Kobe.

Legends66NBA7
08-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Purely preference on "GOAT" is what I've come to realize... at least on here. That quote by Jackson was more hype than anything. The man's a salesman for ESPN.

If you haven't noticed, there have been a lot of ex-NBA players saying so and so isn't GOAT (Jackson, John Salley... I believe Greg Anthony said it too) in favor of current player (Kobe, LeBron, etc...).

A shame, if it happens.

And nobody is "alleging" that Shaq is Top 2

I don't know why people wouldn't. I would... I mean, I could make the case for it. Why shouldn't Shaq be #2 ?

maybeshewill13
08-29-2012, 06:12 AM
position to be argued as the greatest ever

trollololololol

Biggest Kobe stan/troll at it again. Second biggest also here to stroke his d***

strifed169
08-29-2012, 06:20 AM
If the opportunity ever presented itself I would seriously agree to Kobe-stan genocide, real talk

Nevaeh
08-29-2012, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=Legends66NBA7]Purely preference on "GOAT" is what I've come to realize... at least on here. That quote by Jackson was more hype than anything. The man's a salesman for ESPN.

Exactly.

If you haven't noticed, there have been a lot of ex-NBA players saying so and so isn't GOAT (Jackson, John Salley... I believe Greg Anthony said it too) in favor of current player (Kobe, LeBron, etc...).

And Ironically enough, all three of these guys got their asses waxed by Jordan at some point in their careers, all in the Playoffs no less.

A shame, if it (Kobe being forgotten) happens.

J-Money's still writing ISH biographies for Wilt. Kobe's not going anywhere, he'll just be considered a part of a "weak era" where players couldn't shoot worth a damn, and smoked weed all day.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif

I don't know why people wouldn't. I would... I mean, I could make the case for it. Why shouldn't Shaq be #2 ?

2 words: Free Throws

Been a while since I quoted you Ledge, keep it up.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

kNIOKAS
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc489/niokulis/24wh8qo.gif

LakersReign
08-29-2012, 08:36 AM

This, from an OBVIOUS undercover Lebron fan, PRETENDING to be a Jordan fan, cuz he(nevaeh) CLEARLY doesn't have the balls to rep Lebron straight up? Yeah...you(nevaeh) really would know all about being ret**ded(nevaeh)....wouldn't you?:lol

ZaaaaaH
07-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Send my 10grand to my Paypal account please

rhowen4
07-04-2014, 11:46 PM
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc489/niokulis/24wh8qo.gif
:lol :lol :lol

He's mad, disgusted, and sick :roll:

DonDadda59
07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
http://afroalchemist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/negrodamus.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

Beastmode88
07-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Send my 10grand to my Paypal account please

:roll: :roll:

DMV2
07-04-2014, 11:59 PM

I want my 10K in US dollars. Ok, Kenny?

kennethgriffin
07-05-2014, 12:14 AM
I want my 10K in US dollars. Ok, Kenny?

is kobe retired yet?

deja vu
07-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Duncan > Kobe

Beastmode88
07-05-2014, 12:26 AM
:cheers:
is kobe retired yet?

I thought derozen blocked kobe into retirement last year. Kobe pulling an mj?

kennethgriffin
07-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Duncan > Kobe
in real life nobody cares about duncan though

it can be argued that duncans has the better career on message boards

but see if that translates into overall public opinion

the public barely knew duncan existed for the past 20 years

kentatm
07-05-2014, 01:57 AM

:roll:

thanks for admitting you dont truly think Kobe is the GOAT. :applause:

deja vu
07-05-2014, 06:10 AM

LOL who cares about the public's opinion. Among knowledgeable basketball fans, Duncan is above Kobe on the GOAT rankings. :lol

SpaceJammeR
07-05-2014, 06:24 AM

this guy just admitted>>:lol :lol

wally_world
07-05-2014, 06:41 AM
oh damn 10 grand :lol

BoutPractice
07-05-2014, 07:01 AM
The new argument for Kobe VS Duncan: public opinion :lol

Public opinion has nothing to do with basketball (Kobe fans of all people should know this). If Duncan came out as gay tomorrow, he would suddenly become one of the most popular players in the league...

rhowen4
07-05-2014, 07:41 AM
The new argument for Kobe VS Duncan: public opinion :lol

Public opinion has nothing to do with basketball (Kobe fans of all people should know this). If Duncan came out as gay tomorrow, he would suddenly become one of the most popular players in the league...
Holy shit, that'd be incredible for his career. It's be like he has 9 heterosexual rings the way he would be covered. 💖

ballup
07-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Donate that 10k to ISH. Maybe we can get a few more smilies with it.

TheMan
07-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I would love for someone in ESPN to ask Jackson today if he believes Kobe is the GOAT? :oldlol: