PDA

View Full Version : Mario Chalmers: I'm in the front end of the top 10.

G-Funk
08-31-2012, 01:14 AM

RRR3
08-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Chalmers is awesome. U mad he's a champion? :pimp:

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/64/6421/VHU9100Z/posters/mario-chalmers-with-the-nba-championship-trophy.jpg

ganja0710
08-31-2012, 01:17 AM
:roll:

TeamLAC
08-31-2012, 01:18 AM
TOP 10 PGs??? He's not even the point guard for his team. :lol

Legends66NBA7
08-31-2012, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=G-Funk]

RRR3
08-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Been posted already.

My thoughts are, again, just go out and prove it now that you've said it.
You can count on Chalmers to try to be the best he can possibly be. He doesn't have the talent to be a top 10 PG, but he's a good role player and plays his ass off and isn't afraid of big moments. His cockiness serves him well. Besides what do you guys want him to say, people on here complain players aren't confident enough...

ganja0710
08-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Rose
Paul
Rondo
D Will
Westbrook
Parker
Nash
Lawson
Lowry
Irving
Wall
Lin
Holiday
Teague
Conley

Thats 15. And he's not even close to the worst player on this list.

to be honest, he's probably up there as one of the bad starting point guards in the league. Hell, I even think Jennings and Jameer are better than him. :oldlol:

Levity
08-31-2012, 01:24 AM
so all this time, poster hank was really mario chalmers. who knew??? :confusedshrug:

LakersReign
08-31-2012, 01:30 AM
[QUOTE=G-Funk]

Legends66NBA7
08-31-2012, 01:32 AM
You can count on Chalmers to try to be the best he can possibly be. He doesn't have the talent to be a top 10 PG, but he's a good role player and plays his ass off and isn't afraid of big moments. His cockiness serves him well. Besides what do you guys want him to say, people on here complain players aren't confident enough...

Nah, I don't mind the confidence... you have to be confident in this league. Just go out and do it, is all I have to say.

His style kinda of reminds me of this guy:

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/armstrong-chicago-bulls-penetrating-autographed-photograph-3362522.jpg

RRR3
08-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Rose
Paul
Rondo
D Will
Westbrook
Parker
Nash
Lawson
Lowry
Irving
Wall
Lin
Holiday
Teague
Conley

to be honest, he's probably up there as one of the bad starting point guards in the league. Hell, I even think Jennings and Jameer are better than him. :oldlol:
He shut down Lin, though:confusedshrug:

What did Teague do, put up like 12/4? Meh. I guess he has potential though, so he'll be better in the future most likely.

You're underrating Jennings, he's not a bad player.

And no Jameer Nelson is terrible, he's horrendous. Yes at one point he was much better than Chalmers, but he's declined to the point where he's become a pretty shit player.

ganja0710
08-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Teague was always a better player than Chalmers. He was last year, will be next season. And you're right, that's why I hesitated putting Jameer on there. He's pretty bad.

But then again, I forgot to put guys like Rubio and Dragic. Possibly Calderon too.

He'd be reaaaally lucky to crack the top 20.

RRR3
08-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Teague was always a better player than Chalmers. He was last year, will be next season. And you're right, that's why I hesitated putting Jameer on there. He's pretty bad.

But then again, I forgot to put guys like Rubio and Dragic. Possibly Calderon too.

Dragic for sure. Rubio too, we'll see how he does recovering from injury. Calderon is shit.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-31-2012, 01:56 AM

Isaiah thomas too.

RRR3
08-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Isaiah thomas too.
How on earth did this guy fall so far? What a steal he turned out to be :bowdown:

ganja0710
08-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Oh and then there's Group Z of point guards who I probably consider better than Chalmers.

Chauncey Billups
DJ Augustin
George Hill
Mo Williams

So basically, he's one of the worst in the league. I think I might've named every teams starting PG or backup with the exception of Charlotte, Orlando, Dallas, Detroit, and New Orleans. :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
08-31-2012, 01:59 AM
Possibly Calderon too.

Nah... He's a good back up though.

Chalmers has torched him in the past.

ganja0710
08-31-2012, 02:02 AM
Dragic for sure. Rubio too, we'll see how he does recovering from injury. Calderon is shit.
Nope dudes been hovering the 11ppg/9apg mark 4 of the past 5 seasons, regardless of playing for Toronto. Much rather have a dude that can give you 10/10 every now and then, than a spot up shooting PG who can't find his own shot if it weren't for LeBron and Wade. I know you're getting all defensive because he plays for your favorite team, but get your homer glasses off.

UtahJazzFan88
08-31-2012, 02:04 AM
So the guy has confidence in himself, big deal?

Legends66NBA7
08-31-2012, 02:06 AM
The more I think about it, Chalmers vs Calderon isn't a bad comparison.

Their shooting is a wash. Chalmers plays better D. Calderon's the better playmaker. Chalmers is better at attacking the rim. Probably still take Chalmers just as a more versatile option on both ends.

I will say that if Calderon was on a contender, he would be a big time player down the stretch. He isn't scared of the moment. His defense isn't perfect, but it has gotten better since last season.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-31-2012, 02:09 AM
How on earth did this guy fall so far? What a steal he turned out to be :bowdown:
Agreed. Would have been a great fit for the heat too.

G-Funk
08-31-2012, 02:13 AM
Chalmers is awesome. U mad he's a champion? :pimp:

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/64/6421/VHU9100Z/posters/mario-chalmers-with-the-nba-championship-trophy.jpg

http://mattlerman18.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/morrisontrophy.jpg

nope

G-train
08-31-2012, 03:00 AM
If Chalmers didn't have this level of self belief, he would be out of the league.
I honestly believe though that he was alcohol affected to say it out aloud.

Suckafree
08-31-2012, 03:37 AM
This.

His career is basically gunna be D-fish 2.0

aceman
08-31-2012, 03:57 AM
chalmers isn't a point guard

BoutPractice
08-31-2012, 06:44 AM
Pair him with Jordan Crawford and you'll have the greatest hypothetically relevant backcourt of all time.

alenleomessi
08-31-2012, 06:44 AM
There are about 30 PGs better than Chalmers in the league. Hell, if we can include players who dont but can play PG like Lebron, Harden, Manu and some others, i think there are 50 better point guards than Chalmers

BlackVVaves
08-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Chalmers isn't even Top 15 :oldlol:

I'd take players like Billups, Jennings, Teague, Isaiah Thomas, Jeremy Lin over Chalmers, and they aren't even sniffing the Top 10.

Simmer down there, young blood.

TaLvsCuaL
08-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Dumbass

longtime lurker
08-31-2012, 07:13 AM
In before Heat fans make a thread crying about how Mario Chalmers is the most disrespected point guard on ISH

Rubio2Gasol
08-31-2012, 07:16 AM
I think he's top 15.

Optimus Prime
08-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Yet another reason why the Heat are so easy to dislike. :facepalm

:kobe:

SilkkTheShocker
08-31-2012, 08:23 AM
I think he's top 15.
U are literally the only poster I have considered putting in ignore. Ur posts are so annoying and g.ay

Rubio2Gasol
08-31-2012, 08:37 AM
He's in that same category Fisher was back in the day, Great defense, decent scorer, and clutch.

I wouldn't take Lin or Issiah Thomas (though I like him) over him. He's on the same level as Teague, maybe a little below Jennings.

He's actually very very similar to Teague.

El Kabong
08-31-2012, 08:42 AM
For some reason I keep thinking of that Beatles quote where they asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world and one of them replied he wasn't even the best drummer in the band.

Raz
08-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Chalmers is only just above the level of Jeff Teague, and he's pretty much the worst starting point guard in the NBA.

Bolded players better than Chalmers
ATL: Teague/ Harris
BOS: Rondo/ Terry
BRK: Williams/ Watson
CHA: Walker/ Sessions
CHI: Rose/ Hinrich
CLE: Irving/ Gaines
DAL: Collison/ Beaubois
DEN: Lawson/ Miller
DET: Knight/ Bynum
GST: Curry/ Jack
HOU: Lin/ Douglas
IND: Hill/ Augustin
LAC: Paul/ Bledsoe
LAL: Nash/ Blake
MEM: Conley Jr/ Selby/ Wroten Jr
MIA: James/ Wade
MIL: Jennings/ Udrih
MIN: Rubio/ Ridnour/ Barea
NOH: Vasquez/ Rivers
NYK: Felton/ Kidd/ Prigioni
OKC: Westbrook/ Maynor
ORL: Nelson/ Moore
PHI: Holiday/ Ivey
PHO: Dragic/ Telfair
POR: Lillard/ Smith/ Price
SAC: Thomas/ Brooks
SAN: Parker/ Mills
TOR: Lowry/ Calderon
UTA: Williams/ Watson
WAS: Wall/ Price

That's 42 players I consider to be better point guards than Chalmers. The guy has an over-inflated ego. He gets lauded for his defense, yet LeBron or Wade are constantly asked to guard point guards like Rondo, Rose and Paul because Chalmers can't stay with them. He can't run an offense, and his best role is playing a stand around and wait for an open 3 like Derek Fisher, but without the toughness and basketball IQ.

swi7ch
08-31-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't see CP3, DWill, or Nash holding a championship trophy so I will agree with the person who DOES have a title ring.

swi7ch
08-31-2012, 10:16 AM

game-winner in the NCAA finals game
starting PG for the NBA champion

given those two, he gets a pass to talk smack.

SilkkTheShocker
08-31-2012, 10:19 AM

Using college achivevements to make a point is soooo lame.

OmniStrife
08-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Dragic >>>>

El Kabong
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't see CP3, DWill, or Nash holding a championship trophy so I will agree with the person who DOES have a title ring.
So is Eddy Curry allowed to say he's a top 5 centre in the league?

OmniStrife
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Chalmers is only just above the level of Jeff Teague, and he's pretty much the worst starting point guard in the NBA.

Bolded players better than Chalmers
ATL: Teague/ Harris
BOS: Rondo/ Terry
BRK: Williams/ Watson
CHA: Walker/ Sessions
CHI: Rose/ Hinrich
CLE: Irving/ Gaines
DAL: Collison/ Beaubois
DEN: Lawson/ Miller
DET: Knight/ Bynum
GST: Curry/ Jack
HOU: Lin/ Douglas
IND: Hill/ Augustin
LAC: Paul/ Bledsoe
LAL: Nash/ Blake
MEM: Conley Jr/ Selby/ Wroten Jr
MIA: James/ Wade
MIL: Jennings/ Udrih
MIN: Rubio/ Ridnour/ Barea
NOH: Vasquez/ Rivers
NYK: Felton/ Kidd/ Prigioni
OKC: Westbrook/ Maynor
ORL: Nelson/ Moore
PHI: Holiday/ Ivey
PHO: Dragic/ Telfair
POR: Lillard/ Smith/ Price
SAC: Thomas/ Brooks
SAN: Parker/ Mills
TOR: Lowry/ Calderon
UTA: Williams/ Watson
WAS: Wall/ Price

That's 42 players I consider to be better point guards than Chalmers. The guy has an over-inflated ego. He gets lauded for his defense, yet LeBron or Wade are constantly asked to guard point guards like Rondo, Rose and Paul because Chalmers can't stay with them. He can't run an offense, and his best role is playing a stand around and wait for an open 3 like Derek Fisher, but without the toughness and basketball IQ.
Damn...
seeing this list, he is actually a bottom 5 starter PG in the league.

lilgodfather1
08-31-2012, 10:57 AM
So is Eddy Curry allowed to say he's a top 5 centre in the league?
I would say he is the top C in the NBA if you list them by weight.

mattvNJ
08-31-2012, 11:06 AM

this rationale is beyond stupid.

taucesays
08-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Hit a lucky 3 in the NCAA finals and his head never deflated. Trade his ass to New Orleans asap.

Callystarr
08-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Rose
Paul
Rondo
D Will
Westbrook
Parker
Nash
Lawson
Lowry
Irving
Wall
Lin
Holiday
Teague
Conley

Jameer is better than he is....

PacerRaptor
08-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Rose
Paul
Rondo
D Will
Westbrook
Parker
Nash
Lawson
Lowry
Irving
Wall
Lin
Holiday
Teague
Conley

would you add George Hill to that list?

Callystarr
08-31-2012, 11:29 AM
U are literally the only poster I have considered putting in ignore. Ur posts are so annoying and g.ay

OmniStrife
08-31-2012, 11:44 AM
would you add George Hill to that list?
Dragic too.

wang4three
08-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Confidence is a good thing for him. He needs it. He probably knows that he isn't top 10.

DuMa
08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
hes definitely not top 10 there are a lot of great PGs in the league. its by far the most loaded position in the NBA. a lot of guys have a case to be top 10 on any given night. thats what chalmers can be. a top 10 PG on any given night because he has bron, wade and bosh to back him up.

knickscity
08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Nothing wrong with him feeling this way, as long as we as fans know the truth.

I would also believe, given the summer of 2010, with Miami keeping him in tow, that had to be a huge confidence booster.

And he can truthfully say he absolutely helped the team win at least one finals game.

tmacattack33
08-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Rose
Paul
Rondo
D Will
Westbrook
Parker
Nash
Lawson
Lowry
Irving
Wall
Lin
Holiday
Teague
Conley

They are definitely better than him. There is hardly any thinking involved in it.

TylerOO
08-31-2012, 03:04 PM
They are definitely better than him. There is hardly any thinking involved in it.
Chalmers is better than Jameer but def not Jennings

OG LeeTSkeeT
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Chalmers is better than Jameer but def not Jennings

:wtf: :biggums: :facepalm :coleman: :no:

SIRI1
08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote from Wade about Mario during the Finals

"He actually thinks he's the best player on this team, and that's a gift and a curse," Wade says. "But tonight, it was a gift for us because he never gets down on himself. He always believes, 'Find me. I can make a shot. I can make a play.'
The guy's confidence level is through the roof. And this is even though Lebron and Wade get on him all game long :oldlol:

RRR3
08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
:wtf: :biggums: :facepalm :coleman: :no:
Jameer has declined severely. Obviously he was better than Chalmers when he was at his best, but he's fallen off a lot.

alleykat
08-31-2012, 03:29 PM
reminds me of when monta ellis said he was the best or 2nd best player in the league...

Bigsmoke
08-31-2012, 03:51 PM
he's good but he better back that shit up next season

tmacattack33
08-31-2012, 04:04 PM

He won't.

Raz
08-31-2012, 04:07 PM

I heard he was thinking of changing his name like Tito Santana did.

El Matador:
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Mario-Chalmers-gets-all-turned-around.-Getty-Images.jpg

http://nbadcdn.duonox.net/files/images/rrondo01_0.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
08-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Chalmers is about as average as it gets. He doesn't have the upside to even sniff being a top 10 player one day. He plays good defense, spots up from 3, and can hit big shots. Aside from that, his handles are below-average and he is an average athlete.

SilkkTheShocker
08-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I heard he was thinking of changing his name like Tito Santana did.

El Matador:
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Mario-Chalmers-gets-all-turned-around.-Getty-Images.jpg

http://nbadcdn.duonox.net/files/images/rrondo01_0.jpg

Yea, I don't remember Chalmers slowing Rondo down at all. I get having confidence, but Chalmers is a hair above being a scrub.

RRR3
08-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Rondo hit a bunch of wide open shots that he usually bricks or passes up. Big deal. Pretty sure chalmers scored 20 a few times on rondo btw. Not comparing them obviously rondos a star and rio is a role player I'm just saying. Rondo is getting overrated as fck on ISH

Raz
08-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Rondo hit a bunch of wide open shots that he usually bricks or passes up. Big deal. Pretty sure chalmers scored 20 a few times on rondo btw. Not comparing them obviously rondos a star and rio is a role player I'm just saying. Rondo is getting overrated as fck on ISH

Rondo overrated? He's like the bastard son of Fat Lever and Mookie Blaylock, with a dash of Stockton's genes added in.

He's a revolutionary point guard. Mario Chalmers couldn't do jack without James, Wade and Bosh drawing all of that attention, that's the only reason Chalmers has ever been able to put up 20. He's a spot up shooter, and a very streaky one at that.

Rondo overrated? Pfft. People are always shitting on him for what he can't do (shoot) - they forget that he dominates his other categories so thoroughly. He gets to the hoop at will, is equal to Nash in terms of court vision, plays exceptional defense, is a constant threat to do something unbelievable to swing a game when you least expect it, and comes up with the big play far more often than not (how many big offensive rebounds does he get?).

You shouldn't even mention these two in the same breath. Next you'll be telling me that Neneh Cherry is on par with Janet Jackson.

kentatm
08-31-2012, 04:25 PM

he couldnt even stop JJ Barea when they were matched up in 2011.

no way he is suddenly in the top 10 of PGs let alone at the front end.

BlackVVaves
08-31-2012, 04:47 PM

he couldnt even stop JJ Barea when they were matched up in 2011.

no way he is suddenly in the top 10 of PGs let alone at the front end.

This.

HiphopRelated
08-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Rondo overrated? He's like the bastard son of Fat Lever and Mookie Blaylock, with a dash of Stockton's genes added in.

He's a revolutionary point guard. Mario Chalmers couldn't do jack without James, Wade and Bosh drawing all of that attention, that's the only reason Chalmers has ever been able to put up 20. He's a spot up shooter, and a very streaky one at that.

Rondo overrated? Pfft. People are always shitting on him for what he can't do (shoot) - they forget that he dominates his other categories so thoroughly. He gets to the hoop at will, is equal to Nash in terms of court vision, plays exceptional defense, is a constant threat to do something unbelievable to swing a game when you least expect it, and comes up with the big play far more often than not (how many big offensive rebounds does he get?).

You shouldn't even mention these two in the same breath. Next you'll be telling me that Neneh Cherry is on par with Janet Jackson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1xlUf-11c

TMT
08-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Chalmers isn't even better than George Hill. Top 10 my ass. You rode three of the best players in the league to a championship, and hit some big shots thanks to them taking the attention away from you. He has no reason to be this cocky whatsoever.

ballup
08-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Chalmers has only score 20 pts twice in the post season in 3 years and almost twice in the regular season in 4 years. Rondo is where he should be, a questionable top pg, but has a solidified spot in the top 5.

kurple
08-31-2012, 04:54 PM
what's he supposed to say?

Yeah, I'm not great, but at least I'm winning

Raz
08-31-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1xlUf-11c

1st play: Bosh sets a moving screen, Teague is taken out of the play, CHalmers dribbles 3 times to his right and hits a pull up jumper. ANy NBA player should be able to do this.

2nd play: Chalmers goes baseline, must teams would force the guy out by sending another tall defender to front him, the Hawks rely on athleticism, not smarts. Not an exceptional play by any means. Most coaches hate when their point guard goes baseline like that - he was lucky Battier was in the corner to bail him out.

3rd play: Chalmers hits a 3 from the corner. He couldn't beat his man, so this is his only option - he also loses control of his dribble while dribbling into a double team trap in the corner :roll: . He then proceeds to complain about a missed foul call.

4th play: Open 3

5th play: Open lay-up from Bosh give and go.

I give up - this is like watching Derek Fisher highlights.