PDA

View Full Version : use of the N-word in basketball

Knicksfever2010
09-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm a white male, and find it very annoying-troublesome hearing black males using that term. The other day I was playing a pick up game outside, and I was on the only white guy, one of my teammates didnt remember my name so he would say, "my ni..a" really???

if stern and the nba can create a PSA about using gay-slurs, surely he can interject and do the same w/ the n-bomb

StacksOnDeck
09-01-2012, 06:39 PM
10 bucks says you didn't tell him to not call you that. Yet you come on the forum and complain about being called that.

JaggerCommaMick
09-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm a white male, and find it very annoying-troublesome hearing black males using that term. The other day I was playing a pick up game outside, and I was on the only white guy, one of my teammates didnt remember my name so he would say, "my ni..a" really???

if stern and the nba can create a PSA about using gay-slurs, surely he can interject and do the same w/ the n-bomb

Who are you to assume its only black males using that word, mate? Im a white male and I use it all the time!

Geez! Some people are so close minded...

Eric Cartman
09-01-2012, 06:40 PM
10 bucks says you didn't tell him to not call you that. Yet you come on the forum and complain about being called that.

He was the only white guy. You know how violent those niggez are.

thwarriorojmayo
09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
N***** shut yo azz up with that shit

SourPatchKids
09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
The streetball forum is here for a purpose.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8qeocUKw01r1hu92.gif

jbryan1984
09-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Its annoying but some people do that. I never got it really. Like, do homosexuals go around and say hey my faggto?:lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
im white and refer to all my friends as niiggggga. cept my black friends, i just call them by their names.

Knicksfever2010
09-01-2012, 07:45 PM

wow what an image (fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap)

*where did you find it and i'm going to need the link and her name, yeah thats it- her name :)

CAstill
09-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Horrible post. Learn how to deal with it, it wasn't used negatively
towards you so why would you complain?

Heavincent
09-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I think the better solution would be if everyone stopped getting so offended over words.

The Choken One
09-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I play at the rec center on my campus and the blacks are always dropping *****... they don't give a shlt if you drop it either. I slipped once and they just started laughing cause they could tell I was like...my bad. :lol

I don't see what's wrong with it using it honestly... just a word.

L.Kizzle
09-01-2012, 08:32 PM
im white and refer to all my friends as niiggggga. cept my black friends, i just call them by their names.
kill yo self

The Iron Fist
09-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I play at the rec center on my campus and the blacks are always dropping *****... they don't give a shlt if you drop it either. I slipped once and they just started laughing cause they could tell I was like...my bad. :lol

I don't see what's wrong with it using it honestly... just a word.
Walk up to a random black guy in his fifties and say "waddup niggga". And then show us the aftermath.

Kobe 4 The Win
09-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. It's not being used in the same context that it was back in the day. As a white person I wouldn't waste any time being offended by it. In general I don't understand the concept of being offended by words.

jbryan1984
09-01-2012, 09:25 PM
The bonky's out there despise the word, I work with one.

KLovin
09-01-2012, 09:31 PM
It's just a term of camaraderie for the most part. That being said, it is a unique word in that it's totally acceptable in one sense, and unacceptable in another. I have black friends whom I use that word around all the time, but I would never use it among strangers.

There was one time where I was playing ball and I blocked this black guy (stranger) real good. I'd been hanging out with my black friends the day before and we like to insult each other using racist terms...Soooo during the process of the block I say, "get outta here n*gger". Yeah, with the -ER at the end, lol. I had friends with me, but quite honestly I thought I was screwed at that moment. Fortunately they weren't sore about it...though I think they might have misheard n*gger for n*gga, because that's what they laughingly quoted me as saying.

Fiasco
09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. It's not being used in the same context that it was back in the day. As a white person I wouldn't waste any time being offended by it. In general I don't understand the concept of being offended by words.

You can't see what the big deal is behind a word which sole purpose is to disparage an entire race of people?

And of course you're not going to waste time being offended--you're white.

Moron.

PK3434
09-01-2012, 09:39 PM

i get what your saying..i find it more bothersome that some people use the word every 2 seconds..it makes them look very dumb.

SpecialQue
09-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Who are you to assume its only black males using that word, mate? Im a white male and I use it all the time!

http://i.imgur.com/kZK8p.gif

HylianNightmare
09-01-2012, 09:59 PM
i love calling black people ***** and seeing if they get upset during ball

Jameerthefear
09-01-2012, 10:07 PM
who is that :eek:

CavaliersFTW
09-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Walk up to a random black guy in his fifties and say "waddup niggga". And then show us the aftermath.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

co-signed, do it.

:lol

Gabuyaux
09-01-2012, 10:24 PM
who is that :eek:
Probably some random tumblr chick.

The Choken One
09-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Strong reading comprehension. Way to take it way out of context.

Dropping it around people you're around on a regular basis...compared to a random older generation black person. Uh huh... you sir are a fhcking idiot.

dbk123
09-01-2012, 10:45 PM
white male butt hurt over being called the n-word. sorry but this is hilarious

Tonius
09-01-2012, 10:51 PM

In the 50's that seems more than acceptable so the aftermath would probably be nothing.

The Iron Fist
09-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Strong reading comprehension. Way to take it way out of context.

Dropping it around people you're around on a regular basis...compared to a random older generation black person. Uh huh... you sir are a fhcking idiot.
Doing it around people you know is easy. But seeing as how you're afraid to say it around strangers is quite telling about you as a person. You're a fraud, a fake, a phony. You say it around those you know to try and fit it while you stay cognizant of its history around those you dont know.

Man the funk up and just make it a part of your regular every day vocabulary since you feel the need to use it around your pals to fit in. Funny how when you are with hour friends its " just a word" but you wont dare say it around blacks who dont know you.

Epitome of a biznitch.

KingBeasley08
09-02-2012, 12:10 AM
i say that shit all the time. honestly, it doesn't mean what it used to. I see ppl of all races saying it and I don't mind at all. yea, some people are too sensitive and thats why u dont call em 'n*gga' unless ur actually comfortable with em

Kobe 4 The Win
09-02-2012, 12:24 AM
You can't see what the big deal is behind a word which sole purpose is to disparage an entire race of people?

And of course you're not going to waste time being offended--you're white.

Moron.

There are a lot of words that were intended to disparage entire races of people but you can't treat all racial slurs the same. The N word is unique in that a large portion of blacks have chosen to change the meaning (and the spelling) in order to take the power away from it. However, some people still treat the N word like it's 1964 which is foolish. Context is important.

To act like I can't understand or discuss racial issues because I'm white shows it's own kind of prejudice. I live with black people and I hang with black people. I have my entire life. They don't need any whites being crusaders on their behalf. I also know a lot of white people and I can tell you that they don't spend any time thinking about racial shit. With the exception of a handfull of retards, white people are over it. The best thing that everyone can do is just be cool to each other and stop taking every little thing so seriously.

cavsfanatic
09-02-2012, 12:46 AM
lol like we only say it on the court. It's part of our everyday conversation.

coin24
09-02-2012, 02:24 AM
If its so offensive maybe black ppl should stop saying it all the time. Movies, music, tv etc..
I get the whole taking back the word power bullshit, but enough is enough.
I hear it all the time and because of its common use it's lost it's effect. Same with swearing now, pretty common.. So when someone says it now I don't even care..

RaininTwos
09-02-2012, 02:28 AM
I hear more non-black people saying it these days. It doesn't really bother me anymore. I never understood the urge other people had to say it if they weren't black. It's so taboo they just couldn't leave it alone.

tomtucker
09-02-2012, 02:48 AM
What about the NBA, do players say it during games ? .....anyone ever heard it on TV or at a game ?

Horatio33
09-02-2012, 03:01 AM
It's just a term of camaraderie for the most part. That being said, it is a unique word in that it's totally acceptable in one sense, and unacceptable in another. I have black friends whom I use that word around all the time, but I would never use it among strangers.

There was one time where I was playing ball and I blocked this black guy (stranger) real good. I'd been hanging out with my black friends the day before and we like to insult each other using racist terms...Soooo during the process of the block I say, "get outta here n*gger". Yeah, with the -ER at the end, lol. I had friends with me, but quite honestly I thought I was screwed at that moment. Fortunately they weren't sore about it...though I think they might have misheard n*gger for n*gga, because that's what they laughingly quoted me as saying.

Seems legit.

liquidrage
09-02-2012, 03:06 AM
As a white male I've accepted the fact some words like the nword are off limits

However in exchange we get free newspapers and aren't required to date the fat white chicks so it evens out.

Math2
09-02-2012, 09:38 AM

The big deal is that people aren't allowed to say ****** but the n word is perfectly OK. And I think most people who use it are idiots.

dunksby
09-02-2012, 10:10 AM
So where is the part that he actually insulted you? Can't find it in the OP.

jbryan1984
09-02-2012, 10:33 AM
What about the NBA, do players say it during games ? .....anyone ever heard it on TV or at a game ?

I remember during the 2010 finals, you could clearly hear Nate Robinson say to Rondo "my *****"

Nero Tulip
09-02-2012, 12:03 PM
You're offended... that sucks for you but no one cares. Be offended in silence.

FireDavidKahn
09-02-2012, 01:46 PM

Double standards FTL.:banana:

mr beast
09-02-2012, 02:12 PM

so would you be less offended by if he called you white boy?

lol i honestly think he just blurred it out since they used it so much and you are the only one that's not black

tomtucker
09-02-2012, 03:17 PM
I remember during the 2010 finals, you could clearly hear Nate Robinson say to Rondo "my *****"

aha....:eek: ......i don

jbot
09-02-2012, 03:22 PM

i actually chuckled a bit at this.

to the op, who cares what people call each other? concentrate on the game instead.

Baby Arm Johnso
09-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I was partying down in the hood and after drinking 3 forties decided I was going to buy one of the professional ladies showing off on the corner. I was pretty buzzed and I wrecked that shiat like a stolen ezup! When I was done the ho gave me my money back

ralph_i_el
09-02-2012, 04:27 PM

my roommate last year was a bigass white guy who is an amateur rapper with a mullet and he called everybody *****. Black people white people asians everybody. He never got any crap for it

tomtucker
09-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I was partying down in the hood and after drinking 3 forties decided I was going to buy one of the professional ladies showing off on the corner. I was pretty buzzed and I wrecked that shiat like a stolen ezup! When I was done the ho gave me my money back

So, you got the aids for free ........:banana:

tomtucker
09-02-2012, 05:43 PM
my roommate last year was a bigass white guy who is an amateur rapper with a mullet and he called everybody *****. Black people white people asians everybody. He never got any crap for it

i noticed the past tense.......seem only natural, because it only takes one guy that does not like it !

tmacattack33
09-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I think this is a good rule to follow: If you're black friend calls you *****, then you can call him a *****.

Chad44
09-03-2012, 05:36 AM
For all the people asking about the girl, here is a pro tip!

Right click the image, and copy image location. Go to Google, then click images....paste the URL in....Then Search, then click "For matching images, try search by image" there you go.

There is a faster way, but I don't know it.

Girl is Jasmine Blu.

Burgz V2
09-03-2012, 06:02 AM
so you're a white male who gets offended at the use of the N-word?

tell me why i should give a ****, im still gonna use it

i do agree that some people use it too liberally but to compare gay-slurs and racially charged derogatory terms does not help your argument, it's like comparing apples and watermelons

tomtucker
09-03-2012, 06:51 AM
so you're a white male who gets offended at the use of the N-word?

tell me why i should give a ****, im still gonna use it

i do agree that some people use it too liberally but to compare gay-slurs and racially charged derogatory terms does not help your argument, it's like comparing apples and watermelons

:eek: ....yum yum