PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 13

ukballer
09-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Thread was requested a little while back.

I know Football/Soccer isn't for a lot of you, but who is planning to get it?

I'm subbed to a lot of FIFA Youtube commentators, some of which attended an EA Community event for a few days and got to play 13. I've heard the game is more realistic, slightly more difficult, but a surprisingly large step up over 12, physics wise.

We'll formulate our own opinions, but hearing nothing but good things from established Youtubers is only a good thing. Though they were hardly likely to be bashing the game while inside the EA building. :lol

Cherry Picker
09-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I've heard that the MM is improved but from the videos I've seen so far the gameplay looks like FIFA 12.5. I'll play the demo but's it unlikely I'll buy it.
Pro was looking like a good buy until I heard that they effed up the Master League.

CeltsGarlic
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
From the gameplays I saw it looks waaaay too fast for football game.

Cherry Picker
09-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Demo out on 360 and PC now lads

CeltsGarlic
09-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Tried it. Its awesome, still havent tried second pes demo, so I cant compare, but FIFA impressed the shit out of me. Very fluid and fun.

niko
09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Tried it. Its awesome, still havent tried second pes demo, so I cant compare, but FIFA impressed the shit out of me. Very fluid and fun.
The thing with PES is it's missing so many licenses that setting up before you play has become a chore. Unless you like it to a degree that FIFA is not an option, it's just not a good option. It frustrates me that FIFA has so many exclusive licenses.

I played last generation on VITA, it was really a great version of FIFA.

jamal99
09-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Played demo with my friends. Game looks ok, seems like they nerfed that finesse shooting a bit and improved longer range shooting. Kevin Prince Boateng is a beast...

ukballer
09-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Anyone got it?

How are you finding the 'first touch' control? It's a bit of an adjustment for me, my online record so far is pretty ass, but I'm slowly getting used to it. Seems like most people I play seem to pick it up quicker though. :(

Been playing for nearly a week now, I have the EA Season Ticket which gives early access to the new EA releases.

Overall, really enjoying it, couple of niggles that annoy me. Seems much easier to win and give away penalties now, which in reality is probably a good thing, lunging into tackles without care should be somewhat punished, but there is almost 1 penalty a game for me, pretty much 50/50 between myself and opponent. Corners 90% of the time are too easy to defend, except against a player who has practiced them to death, then they seem difficult, so maybe there is still some sort of corner exploit people are discovering, or maybe I just sucked conceding from 2 corners in one game. Finally, pace whoring is still very much prevalent in the game. Whether overly so, or not, is a matter of opinion.

niko
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Anyone got it?

How are you finding the 'first touch' control? It's a bit of an adjustment for me, my online record so far is pretty ass, but I'm slowly getting used to it. Seems like most people I play seem to pick it up quicker though. :(

Been playing for nearly a week now, I have the EA Season Ticket which gives early access to the new EA releases.

Overall, really enjoying it, couple of niggles that annoy me. Seems much easier to win and give away penalties now, which in reality is probably a good thing, lunging into tackles without care should be somewhat punished, but there is almost 1 penalty a game for me, pretty much 50/50 between myself and opponent. Corners 90% of the time are too easy to defend, except against a player who has practiced them to death, then they seem difficult, so maybe there is still some sort of corner exploit people are discovering, or maybe I just sucked conceding from 2 corners in one game. Finally, pace whoring is still very much prevalent in the game. Whether overly so, or not, is a matter of opinion.

i don't play online just single player. Liking it. Getting used to it, you have to be going at the proper pace to make plays now, more realistic but more of a learning curve. It's easier to score now from out far but close up the defenders try to block your shooting lanes and come over to help. You also have to learn to dribble in small spaces better to avoid the help defending. I really like it.

Collissions are better too, like the little jossling at times off the ball. Cech yesterday went for the ball and after he picked it up he shoved the defender away from him to clear space before he was going to kick it.

Also for all the Madden defenders, amazing how FIFA can still have the same 4,000 modes even with changes but Madden has to take away modes to add new ones.

colorz
09-27-2012, 06:54 PM
I wish I had the money for it :cry:

I was obsessed with Fifa 12. I kept playing until I got to division 1.

d.bball.guy
09-27-2012, 09:43 PM
My priority is 2K13 so I'll probably have to wait till Black Friday to get it along with AC3, Dishonored, RE6 and others.

ukballer
09-28-2012, 03:37 AM
i don't play online just single player. Liking it. Getting used to it, you have to be going at the proper pace to make plays now, more realistic but more of a learning curve. It's easier to score now from out far but close up the defenders try to block your shooting lanes and come over to help. You also have to learn to dribble in small spaces better to avoid the help defending. I really like it.

Collissions are better too, like the little jossling at times off the ball. Cech yesterday went for the ball and after he picked it up he shoved the defender away from him to clear space before he was going to kick it.

Also for all the Madden defenders, amazing how FIFA can still have the same 4,000 modes even with changes but Madden has to take away modes to add new ones.

Yup, the re-playability on this game is almost second to none. Even though I'm primarily only a Ultimate Team and Head to Head seasons player, I'm already planning to venture out and try some other game modes, so many to choose from!

niko
09-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Yup, the re-playability on this game is almost second to none. Even though I'm primarily only a Ultimate Team and Head to Head seasons player, I'm already planning to venture out and try some other game modes, so many to choose from!
i'm the opposite, i don't have flexible time (it's whenever i get a moment) so i play three seasons (not manager mode because i don't like resting players or transfers), EPL, FA Cup and Champions League (which i make). And we both love the game but we play totally different.

Starting to get the timing down and my offense looks much smoother. As my offense gets better the computer is fouling me more which is great. (Makes sense).

Overdrive
09-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Played it yesterday at a friend's place. Didn't play a FIFA for real since Fifa 09.
They developed the game a lot since '09, but it still got the same spots.

Great that you can play Manager mode together.
We started a season with Ajax, but since I'm used to playing on legendary difficulty I tried that. We got booted 9:0 in the first game so we tried world class. We could keep up with the CPU, but always lost on stupid last second goals.
On pro we win every game. Sucks pretty much. :(

TheWINdyCity
09-29-2012, 10:32 PM
had fifa 12, heard fifa 13 didn't make any major changes so im gonna get nba 2k13 instead

Skywalker
09-30-2012, 12:39 PM
had fifa 12, heard fifa 13 didn't make any major changes so im gonna get nba 2k13 instead

the game is completely different lol

Dave3
09-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Can you give an explanation of how that a soccer noob would understand?

TheWINdyCity
09-30-2012, 11:27 PM

really? i mean obviously they changed some mechanics but in terms of overall change fifa 13 didnt do a whole lot

Fiba basketball
10-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Can someone give me a extract password for fifa 13 ???

niko
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Can you give an explanation of how that a soccer noob would understand?
They changed the physics to make it less video game-ish and more realistic, which it actually did well without taking away the fun of the game. For instance, before you could run full speed and do a cross to your left that went almost perfectly left even if your momentum was going forward. Now, you need to make sure you have enough momentum to the side or are moving at a way you could pass the ball to the side. Same on shots. It makes the game more fun to play actually and more realistic. The physics is different too, so you can push people, etc.

ukballer
10-02-2012, 03:05 AM
really? i mean obviously they changed some mechanics but in terms of overall change fifa 13 didnt do a whole lot

It's very different for me. Graphically, yep it's pretty much identical. But for me, the addition of 'first touch' makes this a completely different game. More challenging too. FIFA 12, it was easy to pass to players as the ball would pretty much be glued to the player's feet that you passed to.

Now, you need to concentrate on the pace of the ball when you pass, making sure you're in control of the ball when you pass, and when you receive.

It's not just the physics though, things like Ultimate Team are better now, more additions such as leagues. I can only recommend to get it and try yourself. It's more challenging, but when you score a great goal after a good buildup of play, it's the most satisfying you'll ever feel when playing a FIFA game.

Overdrive
10-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Damn, still can't keep up at worldclass level. Yesterday I figured out how to score well enough, but everytime I scored the CPU leveled late in the game and then won in the last minute.

Wavves
10-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Went to a mates house and played this for the first time last night. Such a great game. Everything is better than 12. I noticed a massive improvement in graphics and the game feels completely different. Such a great game. I am very impressed.

Bano114
10-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Anyone into Ultimate Team here?

Got a Silver Player from one of the packs they gave me from playing last year that wound up being worth like 20,000 coins. :D

Have 25k to start with. Looking to flip cards to prophet on that but have no clue what kind of team I want to build.

Preferably a team with a strong GK and defenders so that I can send more up front.

blablabla
10-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Pes is better this year

ukballer
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Pes is better this year

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Skywalker
10-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Anyone into Ultimate Team here?

Got a Silver Player from one of the packs they gave me from playing last year that wound up being worth like 20,000 coins. :D

Have 25k to start with. Looking to flip cards to prophet on that but have no clue what kind of team I want to build.

Preferably a team with a strong GK and defenders so that I can send more up front.

I built a hybrid team:

Assaidi-Dzeko-Ben Arfa
Belhanda-M'Vila-Martin
Bedimo-N'Kolou-M'Bia-Sagna
Mandanda

It all meshes together through EPL, Ligue 1, France, Morocco, Cameroon ties. Pretty fun to build, haven't used it yet though, gonna get some games in with it later on.

Bano114
10-05-2012, 01:20 PM
I built a hybrid team:

Assaidi-Dzeko-Ben Arfa
Belhanda-M'Vila-Martin
Bedimo-N'Kolou-M'Bia-Sagna
Mandanda

It all meshes together through EPL, Ligue 1, France, Morocco, Cameroon ties. Pretty fun to build, haven't used it yet though, gonna get some games in with it later on.

:eek: That's an awesome squad to have.

How much did you spend on it? Let me know how it plays too.:cheers:

Skywalker
10-05-2012, 05:04 PM
uh it cost about 65k I think

Assaidi 2k
Dzeko 4k
Ben Arfa 12k
Belhanda 3k
Mvila 4.5k
Martin 1.5k
Bedimo 4k
Nkolou 4k
Mbia 6.5k
Sagna 13k
Mandanda 9k

roughly

gonna try it out later on :P

Bano114
10-06-2012, 06:45 PM
uh it cost about 65k I think

Assaidi 2k
Dzeko 4k
Ben Arfa 12k
Belhanda 3k
Mvila 4.5k
Martin 1.5k
Bedimo 4k
Nkolou 4k
Mbia 6.5k
Sagna 13k
Mandanda 9k

roughly

gonna try it out later on :P

Prices are crazy right now. I have around 65k right now. Don't know what squad I want to build.

Considering a project Liga Portugesa Silver team. Maybe make it a hybrid team. Idk.

Any suggestions on a gold team I could focus my 65k on?

ukballer
10-07-2012, 01:39 AM
My Premiership team. I did have Suarez and he's a beast, but I can't stand the guy in real life, so I sold him and bought Balotelli.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dQvwAy4kjwa:360

I can't make the link a straight picture on the forum, sadly.

Skywalker
10-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I did have Suarez and he's a beast, but I can't stand the guy in real life, so I sold him and bought Balotelli.

LMAO!

Bano114
10-08-2012, 04:34 PM
LMAO!

:oldlol: I know.

Happy to say I bought that All Silver Liga Portugesa team and it is absolutely amazing.

Diego Barcellos-Eder-Targino
Hugo Leal-Andre Martins- Ruben Micael
Leandro Salino-Rojo-Paulo Vinicius-Melgarejo
Fabiano

Chemistry is 96 and it's a 3 and half star team overall rating 72. Most of the teams I've played so far have been 79 all gold teams and I've been beating them pretty easily.

I have 4 wins and 1 draw in 5 games and that 1 draw the kid tied it with a lucky goal in the 89th minute.

Melgarejo and Salino really make the team unique because they both have good pace and passing.

But the real stars of the team are Barcellos Targino and Eder up front. Especially Eder. The guy is a great finisher and header. He has 5 goals in only 4 games for me because I sat him 1 game. Leads the team in goals so far.

Skywalker
10-08-2012, 08:57 PM
finally tried out my team, the midfield is nasty and dzeko poaches everything, I had a standing tackle goal with him lmao

BELHANDA the star along with Ben Arfa so far.

Bano114
10-08-2012, 09:25 PM
:oldlol: Played a game today with my silver squad against an all gold team.

I'm losing 4-1 going into the second half when I come to the sudden realization that Targino is so much faster then his right back.

I abuse Targino and tie the game at 4-4.

Mind you this is an online season and I'm 3 points away from winning the chip.

So were in the 88th minute and my opponent brings the ball in the box and begins to shoot.

I move my CB in and slide tackle him and commit a foul in the penalty box......but his shot still goes in anyway.

BUT they dont count the goal. They make him take the pentalty instead so its still 4-4.

He misses the PK and I take the ball back up the field and score a goal in the 90th minute. 5-4.

They give my opponent one more possesion and he ****in ties the game.

:facepalm

We were both pretty frustrated.

Gina Carano
10-09-2012, 06:36 AM
got it last week, havent really played much at all. Play a few games on my season mode, damn messages, so farking annoying..

Skywalker
10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Man Dzeko scores so many trash goals I love it lmao.

ukballer
10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
LMAO!

Oh Liverpool fans. :oldlol:

This is FIFA, remember? Look at the stats, they're virtually the same player. But yeah, **** Suarez, you mad? :pimp:

jamal99
10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Gameplay looks way too fast to me. It's like 2x faster than it was in the demo...

niko
10-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Gameplay looks way too fast to me. It's like 2x faster than it was in the demo...
It's not.

Hoiids
10-13-2012, 08:39 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img809/2068/messibra.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/2629/ult13.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img641/1949/yessn.png
Love my teams :)

Skywalker
10-14-2012, 12:17 AM
someone stole daddy's credit card :oldlol:

bdreason
10-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Those teams are ridiculous.

ukballer
10-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Very impressive teams! I'm currently enjoying building up my coins through trading and playing. It's a slow process but I'm currently on 200K coins and earning about 40K or so a day. May invest in a Ronaldo or Messi in the future, but we'll see. Their market value may drop in the coming months so we'll see.

Hoiids
10-14-2012, 08:40 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img155/6088/451bg.png

And it's my own credit card. No bills and got cash, so why not

Gina Carano
11-03-2012, 07:06 AM
does career mode freeze for any of you during the game? When I pause the game, itll freeze, i can press the guide button though. pissing me off, its happened twice so far, and when i was playing good also.

hopefully it doesnt happen anymore, becuase ill lose my motivation for career mode..

Burgz V2
11-03-2012, 03:03 PM
anyone looking to trade or play online add me:

Burgz10 on xbox live

SourPatchKids
11-04-2012, 05:41 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mao6loAE3J1r1fq7do6_500.gif

SourPatchKids
11-04-2012, 05:42 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mao6loAE3J1r1fq7do2_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mao6loAE3J1r1fq7do5_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mao6loAE3J1r1fq7do4_500.gif

Da KO King
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
I am clueless what I'm doing on Ultimate Team.

Andrei89
04-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Team is the shitz

got

Neymar-Ibra-Menez

Lucas- Luis Gustavo- Pirlo

Marcelo-Ramos- Chiellini- Abate

Casillas

All 9 chemistry and owning !:bowdown:

Andrei89
04-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Spending real money on the UT game mode is ridiculous hahahah