PDA

View Full Version : The weight of a ring.

ripthekik
09-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Now 1 ring = 1 ring.. but we all know some rings weight more than others due to the circumstances, time, opposition, player's contribution, and personal story.

That's why Robert Horry is not a top 10 GOAT.

Now, let's look at the weight of some rings:

Jordan's: dominated as the main man, won 3 in a row, clutch performance, his rings showed his place as arguably one of the GOATs.

Kobe's 4th and 5th: their weight is heavy because they showed he can win without Shaq, and as the main man of his team. This show he won as Kobe, and not just Shaq and Kobe. This is very important for his career, because otherwise, he would not have been able to climb the ranks to where he is now.

Dirk's: only real superstar in his team, played clutch like hell and finally brought the Mav's a ring in so many years.. while beating a superstar team Heat that everyone else thought would win. He showed team > talent, and showed the world his heart. Very heavy ring.

Lebron's: won after losing by himself so many years. But he had to joined up into another top3's team,. He played along 2 top players, included 1 who is a proven champion. He stacked all chances so he would win for sure, but he still only won once out of twice. I say his ring is very light, because of all the help he deliberately asked for. No other champion ring chases so early in their career, esp in their prime, because they want to earn it themselves. Lebron just wanted a shortcut, and thought he would win 8 just by joining the superteam.

I think it is very important to look at the weight of each ring to determine the worth of it and how it helps a player as an accolade.

ZenMaster
09-09-2012, 12:14 PM
It's basketball dumbed down, if I where new to the game and came in here and read I'd think the games was played 1on1.

HardwoodLegend
09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
No surprise, LeBron's section is the longest.

Jesus dude, will you ever relent? And, the "not 5, not 6, not 7" bit was just him getting carried away because he was happy to be playing with his homies. I doubt he mapped it out in seriousness and thought he would end up with 8 rings.

kennethgriffin
09-09-2012, 12:24 PM
if you factored in absolutely every bad thing about the heats 2012 title.. lebrons ring weight would be

0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001 grams

- ring chased
- illegally colluded
- took pay cut in prime to have 2 other allstars in their prime
- lockout injuries to rose
- lockout injuries to howard
- lockout injuries to allen
- lockout injuries to stoudemire
- shortend season
- facing 3 of the worst teams in playoff history for his first 3 opponents
- facing a rookie team in the finals with no inside scoring threat
- referees giving high fives to spolstra after millers 3
- dan crawford insanely high heat record when reffing their games.. being part of 2 controvercial games ( one in the bostons series and one in the finals )

IMO billups and parkers finals mvps have more luster

Kblaze8855
09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
You people are getting worse and worse.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-09-2012, 12:31 PM
:biggums:

HardwoodLegend
09-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Kobe got bailed out by his stacked team when he shot 6-24 in a Game 7.

Injury to Kendrick Perkins.

KOBE143
09-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Scalabrine and Adam Morrison Rings >>>>>>>> LeBrick ring :lol

LongLiveTheKing
09-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Injury to Yao and Perkins injury don't matter?

funnystuff
09-09-2012, 12:47 PM
The fact that you're this insecure on an internet forum speaks volumes.

RRR3
09-09-2012, 12:48 PM
It's sad that OP isn't in the red.:facepalm

ballup
09-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Approximately 8 and 3/4 ounces. Owners decide what goes on them so it varies.

longtime lurker
09-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Seriously dude did Lebron give your girlfriend a facial?

ripthekik
09-09-2012, 01:01 PM
if you factored in absolutely every bad thing about the heats 2012 title.. lebrons ring weight would be

- ring chased
- illegally colluded
- shortend season
- dan crawford insanely high heat record when reffing their games.. being part of 2 controvercial games ( one in the bostons series and one in the finals )

this

absolutely fair game to point it out. however the weight is still there, that is quite minor.

The fact that you're this insecure on an internet forum speaks volumes.
:confusedshrug:

It's sad that OP isn't in the red.:facepalm
sadder that you have so many green bars. what did u do, join a rep-me and i'll rep you back club? cause your posts are shiiit.

R.I.P.
09-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Makes for good weightwatchers commmercials.

Nobodies: Hey, we have as many rings as you do.
Sir Charles. That hurt.

#number6ix#
09-09-2012, 01:05 PM
What about bosh injury and wade playing hurt

ripthekik
09-09-2012, 01:17 PM
What about bosh injury and wade playing hurt
Wade dropping 40 points 16 rebs on 17/25 shooting negated that. he had a couple of games where only the top 2 SG can come up with.

When Bosh was out? Heat was down in both series.

So no, those do not help his case.

funnystuff
09-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Wade dropping 40 points 16 rebs on 17/25 shooting negated that. he had a couple of games where only the top 2 SG can come up with.

So a couple games he played decent means he actually wasn't injured? :confusedshrug:

ripthekik
09-09-2012, 01:28 PM
So a couple games he played decent means he actually wasn't injured? :confusedshrug:
no, it means he was still capable of playing as a top 2 SG, and he only needed to show up for a short stretch to help out when lebron starts choking. and that's what he did.

They didn't need 06 Wade like 06 Heat did.. they just needed him to step in when Lebron chokes.. and thats what Wade did. That's why Lebron came to join teams with Wade and Bosh, and that's why Lebron did not convince me. Because he always had another top 2 sg who is ready to pounce at any time.

Horatio33
09-09-2012, 01:33 PM
this place is scraping the barrel.

funnystuff
09-09-2012, 01:34 PM
no, it means he was still capable of playing as a top 2 SG, and he only needed to show up for a short stretch to help out when lebron starts choking. and that's what he did.

They didn't need 06 Wade like 06 Heat did.. they just needed him to step in when Lebron chokes.. and thats what Wade did. That's why Lebron came to join teams with Wade and Bosh, and that's why Lebron did not convince me. Because he always had another top 2 sg who is ready to pounce at any time.
Be honest, Lebron didn't choke one time the whole 2012 playoffs.

Lebron basically carried his injured and hobbled team to a championship.

lebeast666
09-09-2012, 02:02 PM

- ring chased
- illegally colluded
- shortend season

In other words, you mad at the future GOAT :rockon:

longtime lurker
09-09-2012, 02:10 PM

Biggest myth that posters on this board like to perpetuate.

RRR3
09-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Biggest myth that posters on this board like to perpetuate.
It's not a myth. Lebron was amazing. Sure he had help but he led the heat all the way

Mr. Jabbar
09-09-2012, 02:26 PM

- ring chased
- illegally colluded
- shortend season

:applause: some sense in this board is always welcomed.

Lebrons ring account for half a ring actually.

edit: then you take into account how he single-handedly lost the ring for the most stacked team ever assembled in 2011 and he has -0.5 rings.

longtime lurker
09-09-2012, 02:42 PM
It's not a myth. Lebron was amazing. Sure he had help but he led the heat all the way

It is a myth dude. No doubt he was the best player on the team but he didn't drag or will the injury depleted Heat on his back. Let's ignore playing on the most stacked team of the league and ignore all the injuries to the other teams that they faced.

HEAT111
09-09-2012, 02:42 PM
http://diversityhuman.com/hollywood/media/blogs/Friend-Blogs/lebron-james-ring-miami-heat-champion.jpg?mtime=1341292827

http://www.mtrstore.com/511-1722-thickbox/nba-la-lakers-and-miami-heat-o-neal-championship-rings-set-replica-18k.jpg
:lol :lol

SourPatchKids
09-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sure they are all about 9 and

7_cody
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=SourPatchKids]I'm pretty sure they are all about 9 and

kennethgriffin
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
http://diversityhuman.com/hollywood/media/blogs/Friend-Blogs/lebron-james-ring-miami-heat-champion.jpg?mtime=1341292827

http://www.mtrstore.com/511-1722-thickbox/nba-la-lakers-and-miami-heat-o-neal-championship-rings-set-replica-18k.jpg
:lol :lol

why is lebron wearing shaqs 2006 ring

lilgodfather1
09-09-2012, 03:12 PM
lol

Back on topic - it's not fair to say that LeBrons ring doesn't count. The only thing that bugs me is when people give LeBron full credit for his, but then try to take away Kobe's 3 with Shaq

Kobe and Shaq = 2 superstars
LeBron, Dwyane, and Bosh = 3 superstars

Am I the only one that can count?
Bosh has never been a superstar, and never will be. He's not even better than Carmello who isn't a superstar. Wade's 22/5/5 does not make him a superstar last year either. His playoff averages of 23/5/4 don't make him a superstar either. Wade would be classified as a good all star, not as a superstar with those numbers. By Wade's standards that's putrid.

chips93
09-09-2012, 03:18 PM
lol

Back on topic - it's not fair to say that LeBrons ring doesn't count. The only thing that bugs me is when people give LeBron full credit for his, but then try to take away Kobe's 3 with Shaq

Aaaaaaaaaand ignore

kennethgriffin
09-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand ignore

just ignore everyone who disagrees with anything you say or think

itel make ISH the happiest place on earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMPT09lJjcE

7_cody
09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Bosh has never been a superstar, and never will be. He's not even better than Carmello who isn't a superstar. Wade's 22/5/5 does not make him a superstar last year either. His playoff averages of 23/5/4 don't make him a superstar either. Wade would be classified as a good all star, not as a superstar with those numbers. By Wade's standards that's putrid.

I agree that their numbers are deflated now that they're all three sharing the ball and touches and what not, but those are still superstar numbers. Playing with Lebron they are probably not superstars anymore but both Bosh and Wade were Franchise players before joining with LeBron, and Wade was already a proven champion that led his team before LeBron arrived

My point still stands, Kobe had Shaq, but LeBron has Dwyane and Bosh

Am I wrong that Kobe's 3 should count if LeBrons count? If I am wrong, then why?

LongLiveTheKing
09-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I agree that their numbers are deflated now that they're all three sharing the ball and touches and what not, but those are still superstar numbers. Playing with Lebron they are probably not superstars anymore but both Bosh and Wade were Franchise players before joining with LeBron, and Wade was already a proven champion that led his team before LeBron arrived

My point still stands, Kobe had Shaq, but LeBron has Dwyane and Bosh

Am I wrong that Kobe's 3 should count if LeBrons count? If I am wrong, then why?
Shaq was the best player on the Lakers and so is Lebron. Kobe had his moments but it was Shaq's team.

DuMa
09-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Phong. stay mad, kid

7_cody
09-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Shaq was the best player on the Lakers and so is Lebron. Kobe had his moments but it was Shaq's team.

Shaq was the best player on the Lakers because he was the best center of all-time. LeBron would be second fiddle to a prime Shaq too.

LeBron still has a more star-studded team then Kobe's 3-peat Lakers with Shaq

Try using a little context

LakersReign
09-09-2012, 03:46 PM
AND......of course we have the FAKE Heat fans, running up in here, discrediting Wade/Bosh for their boy Lebron. Forgetting that he wouldn't have won a damn thing without those 2, since he was hanging so many championship banners at the Q, in Cleveland, without them. GTFOH:roll:

RRR3
09-09-2012, 03:48 PM
AND......of course we have the FAKE Heat fans, running up in here, discrediting Wade/Bosh for their boy Lebron. Forgetting that he wouldn't have won a damn thing without those 2, since he was hanging so many championship banners at the Q, in Cleveland, without them. GTFOH:roll:

Working on my as well, I have Lebron ranked at 12, for the purposes of the thread. But here's where I'm at:

Jordan
Wilt
Russell
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Duncan
Hakeem
Oscar
Lebron
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

chips93
09-09-2012, 03:50 PM
just ignore everyone who disagrees with anything you say or think

itel make ISH the happiest place on earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMPT09lJjcE

anybody who considers chris bosh a superstar isnt worth listening to

Nash
09-09-2012, 03:53 PM
The bullshit that some of the posters on this forum drop is absolutely amazing. And we got some very sad people in ripthetik, griffin guy and lakersreign that are so mad that Lebron is doing well. You guys have no respect at all for talent and the game of basketball. Don't be sore losers, its pathetic.

RRR3
09-09-2012, 03:54 PM
The bullshit that some of the posters on this forum drop is absolutely amazing. And we got some very sad people in ripthetik, griffin guy and lakersreign that are so mad that Lebron is doing well. You guys have no respect at all for talent and the game of basketball. Don't be sore losers, its pathetic.
Not that I think LR is usually a good poster, but in his defense, he did admit he has LBJ 12th all-time.

upside24
09-09-2012, 03:59 PM

So Bosh being out for the majority of the playoffs and Wade not playing like Wade except a few games while LeBron was sonning every opponent he faced doesn't ADD weight to his ring in your opinion?

RRR3
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
So Bosh being out for the majority of the playoffs and Wade not playing like Wade except a few games while LeBron was sonning every opponent he faced doesn't ADD weight to his ring in your opinion?
You're talking to someone who thinks LeBron has choked ever year of his career except 2012. Ripthedik is probably phong; too scared too post on his main account after LBJ made him look silly.

upside24
09-09-2012, 04:07 PM
You're talking to someone who thinks LeBron has choked ever year of his career except 2012. Ripthedik is probably phong; too scared too post on his main account after LBJ made him look silly.
It's just hard to believe that anyone who watched what LeBron did in the playoffs last year would try and act like it wasn't a remarkable run to the championship.

Everytime his team needed him to step up he did. When the Heat were behind a game to the Celtics he had one of the best games I've ever seen ("No Emotion Game.)

I'm not even a big fan of LeBron but I give credit when credit is due.

knickscity
09-09-2012, 04:08 PM
The rings now have different weights?

It's the role in winning the rings, is where players are determined their legacy.

jordan's role>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>robert horry's.

LakersReign
09-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Working on my as well, I have Lebron raked at 12, for the purposes of the thread. But here's where I'm at:

Jordan
Wilt
Russell
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Duncan
Hakeem
Oscar
Lebron

One post has nothing to do with the other, and if you(rrr3) actually knew how to read, you'd already know that. Keep reaching, just like you(rrr3) did with this:

His name is Rob Flemming

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253725&page=10

http://www.russbrown.com/motorcycle-lawyer-blog/3656/iraq-veteran-plans-to-ride-again-after-hit-and-run-motorcycle-accident.html

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8056/41bd23290e1f4fe5970a053.png

and totally embarrassed yourself, like you're(rrr3) doing right now. Godd job, good effort:lol

Pure dumba**(rrr3):hammerhead:

LBJ 23
09-09-2012, 04:21 PM

Kevin Love once dropped 30 points along with 30 rebounds, damnnn he's right there with Shaq and Wilt as a player... You know, f*ck consistency, 1 or 2 games is enough for us to tell us how good a player was that series or that season. Jennings once dropped over 50 points------>superstar!! Why wasn't he playing at the all star game yet? I mean, Love and Jennings putting up those numbers which only top 3 players in the league can come up with, so why nobody has them in the top 3 on their best players list??? wtf, this logic is killing me....

7_cody
09-09-2012, 04:50 PM
anybody who considers chris bosh a superstar isnt worth listening to

Same can be said for anyone who thinks Pau Gasol is a superstar (and good god is he overrated here sometimes)

Both players were franchise players before joining their current teammates to win

Nash
09-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Superstars or not, Lebron lead the team in every category, points, steals, rebounds, assists.. So much for his championship not being impressive or worth much.

7_cody
09-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Superstars or not, Lebron lead the team in every category, points, steals, rebounds, assists.. So much for his championship not being impressive or worth much.

Absolutely -- well deserved, very nice playoff run, potential to win more

LBJ 23
09-09-2012, 05:08 PM

Oh, and by the way, I forgot, if you are referring to a game against Indiana you're only giving props to Lebron without even knowing it, in your poor attempt to prop up Wade and put down Lebron. A big reason for Wade having such a good game was actually Lebron even though in your previous posts you try to tell us that in that game Lebron ''choked'' and needed Wade to save his ass. Lebron was feeding him with perfect passes all night long and got him going and don't even try to come back and try to deny this, cuz even Wade himself admitted that in a postgame interview.

And also, don't make up numbers for your sick trolling, Wade had 10 rebounds in that game.

Note to Wade fans, I like Wade very much, he's my 3rd favourite player for a very long time it's just that I can't stand this ripthedick guy trying to tell us that Wade from this past season is the same Wade from 2 or 3 years ago. Sadly, he's not. Hopefully he comes back strong this season....

funnystuff
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM
They only say that nonsense because they know Lebron is going to be ranked higher than Kobe before his times up.

7_cody
09-09-2012, 05:16 PM
They only say that nonsense because they know Lebron is going to be ranked higher than Kobe before his times up.

No one knows that... although it could definitely happen since all he needs are more championships, he has everything else

Let's be consistent, that's all, if LeBron gets his chip with Wade and Bosh, then Kobe gets his 3 with Shaq

Kobe should get his 3 with Shaq anyway -- anyone saying otherwise is being ridiculous, just like anyone saying LeBron doesn't deserve his is being ridiculous

jstern
09-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Now 1 ring = 1 ring.. but we all know some rings weight more than others due to the circumstances, time, opposition, player's contribution, and personal story.

Jordan's: dominated as the main man, won 3 in a row, clutch performance, his rings showed his place as arguably one of the GOATs.

Kobe's 4th and 5th: their weight is heavy because they showed he can win without Shaq, and as the main man of his team. This show he won as Kobe, and not just Shaq and Kobe. This is very important for his career, because otherwise, he would not have been able to climb the ranks to where he is now.

Dirk's: only real superstar in his team, played clutch like hell and finally brought the Mav's a ring in so many years.. while beating a superstar team Heat that everyone else thought would win. He showed team > talent, and showed the world his heart. Very heavy ring.

Lebron's: won after losing by himself so many years. But he had to joined up into another top3's team,. He played along 2 top players, included 1 who is a proven champion. He stacked all chances so he would win for sure, but he still only won once out of twice. I say his ring is very light, because of all the help he deliberately asked for. No other champion ring chases so early in their career, esp in their prime, because they want to earn it themselves. Lebron just wanted a shortcut, and thought he would win 8 just by joining the superteam.

I think it is very important to look at the weight of each ring to determine the worth of it and how it helps a player as an accolade.

You turned out to be a fanboy.

I think Lebron's ring weight more than any individual Kobe rings. He completely dominated after everybody thought the Heat were going to lose. So you can twisted around all you want. The Lakers were the overwhelming favorites in all of their rings. The Celtics were barely a 4th seed and no one gave them a chance to go the Finals, much less push the Lakers to a 7th game where Kobe shot 6 for 24.

funnystuff
09-09-2012, 05:47 PM
No one knows that... although it could definitely happen since all he needs are more championships, he has everything else

Let's be consistent, that's all, if LeBron gets his chip with Wade and Bosh, then Kobe gets his 3 with Shaq

Kobe should get his 3 with Shaq anyway -- anyone saying otherwise is being ridiculous, just like anyone saying LeBron doesn't deserve his is being ridiculous
Stop only considering resumes, Lebron talent wise is already way above Kobe, his resume is the only thing holding him back from being ahead of him on the all time list.

EDIT: Didnt see the bold at first.

7_cody
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Stop only considering resumes, Lebron talent wise is already way above Kobe, his resume is the only thing holding him back from being ahead of him on the all time list.

EDIT: Didnt see the bold at first.

It's cool man -- we have to use resumes, because we're talking top players of all-time -- accomplishments

I've already said that talent wise LeBron is top 3 in my book... isn't that a different list...

KG215
09-09-2012, 06:13 PM
:applause: some sense in this board is always welcomed.

Lebrons ring account for half a ring actually.

edit: then you take into account how he single-handedly lost the ring for the most stacked team ever assembled in 2011 and he has -0.5 rings.

All you agreeing with all of his nonsense tells me is that you're either a troll or as ignorant as Griff. For your sake, I hope it isn't the latter.

funnystuff
09-09-2012, 06:24 PM
It's cool man -- we have to use resumes, because we're talking top players of all-time -- accomplishments

I've already said that talent wise LeBron is top 3 in my book... isn't that a different list...
Right, but a lot of accomplishments come from how lucky the player has been so the fact that most peoples top 10 all time is mostly based on resume makes the list a little jaded.

7_cody
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Right, but a lot of accomplishments come from how lucky the player has been so the fact that most peoples top 10 all time is mostly based on resume makes the list a little jaded.

It's all terminology at this point -- top all-time means accomplishments, doesn't it?

Some of it can be luck

LeBron was lucky to team up with Bosh and Wade, it didn't guarantee him anything. Look at how well he had to play to win. Kobe proved that he could win without Shaq. Kobe didn't win when he had Malone and Payton on his team with Shaq. Jordan didn't luck into six championships.

I think Malone and Stockton had a good enough team to win a few championships

but fair enough, a lot luck does get involved

TheBigVeto
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM

All the Lakers rings since David Stern took over were gift wrapped by the league. So they are extremely lightweight.

Bandito
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Lebron ring is as heavy as any other great. Is not his fault his team got lucky with the matchups. In that way blame Stern or God LOL.

longtime lurker
09-09-2012, 10:57 PM

And this is why nobody likes Heat fans. :facepalm

RazorBaLade
09-09-2012, 11:25 PM
You turned out to be a fanboy.

I think Lebron's ring weight more than any individual Kobe rings. He completely dominated after everybody thought the Heat were going to lose. So you can twisted around all you want. The Lakers were the overwhelming favorites in all of their rings. The Celtics were barely a 4th seed and no one gave them a chance to go the Finals, much less push the Lakers to a 7th game where Kobe shot 6 for 24.

the onlyt reason the hweat started being underdogs was bcuz every1 got tired of bron choking, its not that the comp was so good or his teams were worse

longtime lurker
09-09-2012, 11:50 PM
the onlyt reason the hweat started being underdogs was bcuz every1 got tired of bron choking, its not that the comp was so good or his teams were worse

This is the reason why I can't take the Lebron fans seriously. They aren't glad that the Heat won a title, instead they have to make it seem like what Lebron did was unprecedented and the greatest playoff run in history. Years from now people will look back and laugh at the fact the Heat beat the injury riddled Knicks, the inexperienced Pacers, injured Celtics and young Thunder in a lock out season. Not to mention they didn't have to face the Bulls who could really challenge them. It won't be seen as that impressive especially if they don't make the finals next year.

LBJDW305
09-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Kobetards are the end of this website...you guys are beyond moronic dumbasses

LakersReign
09-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Kobetards are the end of this website...you guys are beyond moronic dumbasses

This from an OBVIOUS FAKE Heat fan(lbjdw305....since he only became a Heat fan on July 2010), who was a FAKE Cavs fan 2 years ago? But still expects reasonable NBA fans to take him seriously?
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx150/cousin_e/OHDAMNLOL.gif

funnystuff
09-10-2012, 01:40 AM
And this is why nobody likes Heat fans. :facepalm
Nothing I said was anywhere near false bud.

ripthekik
09-10-2012, 01:55 AM

he didn't, because he had wade and bosh to step up, so he can fade back into the background at times, then come claim all the credit for it at the end.

that's basically why he had to form a superstar team to win a ring. he knows he'll be exposed if he leads his own team, or only have 1 star to depend on. he can't do that. he knows he needs 2. smart man.

lol

this. that's why even if lebron wins 2 more, it's like he's on par with kobe's 1st three rings.

until the day he leads his own team, he'll never surpass the other true champions.

say what you want, but the man led his own franchise for 8 seasons, putting up 20/10 ish seasons.

ripthekik
09-10-2012, 01:58 AM
it's a double-edged sword.

yeah, they made his job tougher, but it also showed other things like i said.
Wade also played like a top 2 SG, and showed the potential help that Lebron had at all times.

Bosh being out showed how they needed him, as they were down in both series, and he had to come back to help them win in the finals.

ripthekik
09-10-2012, 01:59 AM
i am ripthekik and not phong. I say the things i want to say here... why do i need another account? You make no sense.

The rings now have different weights?

It's the role in winning the rings, is where players are determined their legacy.

jordan's role>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>robert horry's.
Yes, the role is part of the "weight" of a ring. Including a lot of other things: difficulty, help you have, part of career you're in, etc etc etc

Kevin Love once dropped 30 points along with 30 rebounds, damnnn he's right there with Shaq and Wilt as a player... You know, f*ck consistency, 1 or 2 games is enough for us to tell us how good a player was that series or that season. Jennings once dropped over 50 points------>superstar!! Why wasn't he playing at the all star game yet? I mean, Love and Jennings putting up those numbers which only top 3 players in the league can come up with, so why nobody has them in the top 3 on their best players list??? wtf, this logic is killing me....

you're talking about Wade, who 2 seasons ago was a top 3 NBA player, and these games weren't no fluke. Wade is still effing good.. top 2 sg.. and those games n moments showed it. You here talking like it's jennings that came out and drop 40 and im acting like Lebron had the best help. No. It's Wade and he is a top NBA player who's a proven champion.

ripthekik
09-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Lebron ring is as heavy as any other great. Is not his fault his team got lucky with the matchups. In that way blame Stern or God LOL.
So you admit he has one of the easiest roads ever. yes, 1 ring is 1 ring.. but there is a difference, when you consider all the other factors.

Lebron's ring = not impressive :coleman:

Bandito
09-10-2012, 02:36 AM
So you admit he has one of the easiest roads ever. yes, 1 ring is 1 ring.. but there is a difference, when you consider all the other factors.

Lebron's ring = not impressive :coleman:
Ok he did have an easy road until Bosh went down. But even then it wasn't as hard as lebron fans want it to look because it was still the top 2 players, with a great perimeter D team I might add, against the Celtics and the Pacers. To be honest I don't think neither of those teams had a chance because the Pacers are to young still and the Celtics were one man down and a disgruntled injured Allen. And Pierce was injured too from what I read somewhere so I never expected for them to lose in the east now that Rose was out of the race. In the west he played excellent and Bosh was one of those players that surprised me, Lebron fans might not give him credit, heck I even dislike him because he was soft, but in the Finals he proved himself as to why he is part of that big 3 and why he is a superstar.

The road was easy? In a way, because the Bull weren't there and the Celtics were one man down, but it is not their fault and it still doesn't take out that Lebron gave 100% in the end. An excellent year for him but I think he was better in 09 anyways when he playing the Magic.

Nash
09-10-2012, 12:34 PM
ripthekik's retarded posts is doing a great job of turning people on Lebron's side.

Raz
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Great thread. :applause:

RRR3
09-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Great thread. :applause:
Damn LeBron raped the Celtics so bad that this foo is suffering from PTSD:roll:

ripthekik
09-10-2012, 02:31 PM
ripthekik's retarded posts is doing a great job of turning people on Lebron's side.
everything i say is based on truth and facts.

i bring up the fact that he has 2 top nba star teammates.
i bring up the fact that his competition is one of the easiest roads.
i bring up the fact that lebron had to join wade and bosh after losing for so many years.

Which part of what i say is false? Nothing.
Lebron is a fraud, and you're all stupid for jumping on his boat after 1 ring which came from joining a superteam. top 11 of all time? :roll: :roll:
all talent, no heart, no courage = lebron.

greymatter
09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Thread title and author gave away the impending retardation before even confirming it by reading what was posted. Certain posters are as predictable as the 23h56m minute daily cycle.

Nash
09-10-2012, 02:45 PM
everything i say is based on truth and facts.

i bring up the fact that he has 2 top nba star teammates.
i bring up the fact that his competition is one of the easiest roads.
i bring up the fact that lebron had to join wade and bosh after losing for so many years.

Which part of what i say is false? Nothing.
Lebron is a fraud, and you're all stupid for jumping on his boat after 1 ring which came from joining a superteam. top 11 of all time? :roll: :roll:
all talent, no heart, no courage = lebron.
Here is a fact for you, Lebron is the best player in the league and is already being compared to the greatest of them all, MJ, by greats like Bird, Magic and Pippen.

Stuckey
09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Lebron was amazing

that is all

G.O.A.T
09-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Agree with everything except your assessment of LeBron's ring. It sounds like something an insecure Kobe fan or LBJ hater would say. While I and most agree the way he left Cleveland was deplorable and going to play with Wade and Bosh shows a certain amount of weakness on James part, it doesn't define what he did last year. He was outstanding throughout the season, throughout the playoffs and was at his best during the most critical games of each series, that's legendary stuff. James ring "weighs" just as much as Dirk's in 2011, Kobe's in '09 and '10 or even any of Shaq's from the three-peat. he level of dominance from the individual player may vary, but all of them were clearly their teams best player and played better than the oppositions best player throughout the playoffs.

pauk
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough_Funny_GIF_collectio n-s295x221-142915-580.gif

Bandito
09-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Agree with everything except your assessment of LeBron's ring. It sounds like something an insecure Kobe fan or LBJ hater would say. While I and most agree the way he left Cleveland was deplorable and going to play with Wade and Bosh shows a certain amount of weakness on James part, it doesn't define what he did last year. He was outstanding throughout the season, throughout the playoffs and was at his best during the most critical games of each series, that's legendary stuff. James ring "weighs" just as much as Dirk's in 2011, Kobe's in '09 and '10 or even any of Shaq's from the three-peat. he level of dominance from the individual player may vary, but all of them were clearly their teams best player and played better than the oppositions best player throughout the playoffs.
:applause:

ThatCoolKid
09-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Here is a fact for you, Lebron is the best player in the league and is already being compared to the greatest of them all, MJ, by greats like Bird, Magic and Pippen.

That is a claim of fact, but I'm not seeing the actual one anywhere. Also, compared is a very, very generic term.

ripthekik
09-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Yes, i thought he was the best player in the league as well. but why does the best player have to team up with 2 other stars just to get him over the hump? look at past "best players" and show me another that has prefer to join up, instead of leading his own team.:confusedshrug: