PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley/Mugs Story

Heilige
09-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Story #1 – The day before game 4 of the Bulls Suns finals with the Bulls leading the series 2-1. Michael and Charles Barkley went golfing. They played 48 holes of golf. And Michael bought Charles a $20,000 diamond earring. Johnny asked MJ, “what did you do all that for?” Michael responded, “he won’t get in my way the rest of the series, what’s $20,000 to me? Charles thinks we’re great friends. I hate that fat ****.” Jordan dropped 55 in game 4 and Barkley never touched him once.

http://dsy.posterous.com/50904227

:roll: :roll:

When Johnny was coaching with the Hornets in 1995 they had a good team. Glen Rice, Mourning, Johnson. Series was tied at 2 and Hornets had a chance to win game 5 in Chicago. On the biggest possession of the game, Mugsy had the ball with the Hornets down 1. Jordan backed off of him and told him: “shoot it you f—ing midget.” Mugsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Mugsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/09/29/more-stories-of-michael-jordan-being-michael-jordan/

juju151111
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/09/29/more-stories-of-michael-jordan-being-michael-jordan/
Lmao

D.J.
09-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Jordan is a conceited jackass. Nothing new. Doesn't change the fact that he's the GOAT.

kennethgriffin
09-12-2012, 09:20 PM
he's just taking out his frustrations on everyone else for getting his father murdered by not paying his debts on time

TheBigVeto
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Where's Round Mound?

D.J.
09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
he's just taking out his frustrations on everyone else for getting his father murdered by not paying his debts on time

The golf game with Barkley was before his dad got killed.

swi7ch
09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Further proof why Jordan is the unanimous GOAT.

kennethgriffin
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
The golf game with Barkley was before his dad got killed.

evil souls arnt made over time. theyre born that way

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkm2rMZXPyg&feature=related#t=1h48m24s

9erempiree
09-12-2012, 10:16 PM
This is my favorite story....Poor Emjay.

Scottie and Michael used to compete on everything. Jordan used always claim his hands were bigger, but they weren’t. Scottie was very blessed down below. And that killed Michael. Johnny said, “you should have seen the girls pippen had waiting for him everywhere we went. Madonna used to pick him up in a limo with a hot tub every time we went to L.A.Michael used to tell Madonna he could satisfy her better, to which Madonna would tell him “not a chance."

SuperPippen
09-12-2012, 11:11 PM
:roll:

The cold-blooded traits that made him the GOAT are the same ones that made him such an asshole.

Same could be said about someone like Kobe.

D.J.
09-12-2012, 11:14 PM

The cold-blooded traits that made him the GOAT are the same ones that made him such an asshole.

Kobe is at least somewhat likeable. Going by many accounts, there's not a single piece of evidence that makes it seem MJ is a likeable guy.

Heavincent
09-12-2012, 11:18 PM

I think that asshole mentality is mostly an on-court trait for Kobe.

jstern
09-12-2012, 11:24 PM

Reading those quotes, how could Kobe hater hate Jordan. It sounds like things that they would really like in a player. Like when Kobe starts cursing interviews, etc.

Kobe is at least somewhat likeable. Going by many accounts, there's not a single piece of evidence that makes it seem MJ is a likeable guy.

While probably through intent of making Charles softer, it sounded to me more like Jordan joking around about Barkley. He probably didn't even expect for Charles to play softer just because he got that gift.

The Mugsy one is just typical trash talk.

SpecialQue
09-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Further proof why Jordan is the unanimous GOAT.

Please explain this.

WockaVodka
09-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Jordan is a conceited jackass. Nothing new. Doesn't change the fact that he's the GOAT.
Yup. The only people who think MJ is a good guy are people brainwashed by the media.

NewYorkNoPicks
09-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Anyone else realize Jordan is a sociopath?

Hes hated by many former players... Its interesting who his friends are: Charles Oakley and Patrick Ewing to name a few. The Ewing friendship actually interests me the most, he was always known as a very quiet shy individual who kept to himself, the complete opposite of MJ. Very strange that the two are good pals

Poetry
09-13-2012, 03:06 AM
As i mentioned in another thread:

The stories don't fact check properly.

Trey Kerby even mentions it in the first paragraph. To quote him, "Red flags all around."

Read some of the responses for specific errors.

9erempiree
09-13-2012, 03:20 AM
All these responses and I am surprised nobody brought up how competitve Jordan was to the point he was competing with Pip for ***** size....:roll:

SyRyanYang
09-13-2012, 03:24 AM
All these responses and I am surprised nobody brought up how competitve Jordan was to the point he was competing with Pip for ***** size....:roll:
you did, again. That's gay

Stringer Bell
08-17-2014, 05:50 AM
The Bogues story sounds like BS.

For one, the series only went 4 games. I've seen the 4th game when Chicago wrapped up the series and jordan got away with a foul at the end of the game.

No memorable Bogues misses that late in the game

I'm sure that throughout his many years of playing basketball, Bogues has been called a midget and made fun of countless times for being short

DwnShft2Xcelr8
08-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Michael responded, “he won’t get in my way the rest of the series, what’s $20,000 to me? Charles thinks we’re great friends. I hate that fat ****.”

Your dad's life, MJ.

Soundwave
08-17-2014, 08:42 PM
I find it pretty hard to believe Muggsy Bouges had never on a basketball court been called a midget or shrimp or whatever, lol.

I've heard worse trash talk in a community rec league, lol. Kevin Garnett would've made Muggsy flat out cry on the court.

As for Barkley, the Suns were never winning in '93, MJ could take him to dinner every night.

It's not like Barkley even had a bad Finals ... 27.3 ppg, 13 rpg, 5.5 ast. Jordan just had a better one, lol.

HomieWeMajor
08-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Your dad's life, MJ.
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Chris-Schauble-Shocked-GIF.gif

L.Kizzle
08-17-2014, 09:02 PM
When Johnny was coaching with the Hornets in 1995 they had a good team. Glen Rice, Mourning, Johnson. Series was tied at 2 and Hornets had a chance to win game 5 in Chicago.
So who creates these stories?

Glen Rice was traded for Alonzo Mourning in 1995. And that playoff series was never tied at 2 games. Chicago won 3 games to 1.

Soundwave
08-17-2014, 09:11 PM
So who creates these stories?

Glen Rice was traded for Alonzo Mourning in 1995. And that playoff series was never tied at 2 games. Chicago won 3 games to 1.

So sad the lengths some people go to :oldlol: