PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is an Alien, 233 beats per/s workouts?

pauk
09-13-2012, 03:10 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394358_10151161856008944_1517984196_n.jpg

Thats way over anyones max heartrate...? :eek:

TheBigVeto
09-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Well, that settles it then. He should not be allowed to play in the league.

ImmortalD24
09-13-2012, 03:15 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/28k0t5l.jpg

DirtySanchez
09-13-2012, 03:16 AM
We need to test him for roids

Velocirap31
09-13-2012, 03:18 AM
That can't be accurate.

SyRyanYang
09-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Not necessarily a good thing

28renyoy
09-13-2012, 03:20 AM
And this is a good thing, how? That is literally tachycardia and that could lead to instant death. I've heard of people with more rapid heart rates, but that's just about at threshold for anyone. Anything over 220 is alarming.

kennethgriffin
09-13-2012, 03:21 AM
steroids do cause abnormal heart beats

:lol

pauk
09-13-2012, 03:22 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/28k0t5l.jpg

lol...... you dont think this is not so normal? I am no workout expert but i know that the max heart rate is 220 minus your age.... in Lebrons case it should be 193... Him running around with 233 means he is minus 13 years old (not even born, a ghost? lol) by that formula or that he has an alien heart and is calculating down from a heart rate of 260-300... or maybe that machine simply made a misscalculation... or he has tachycardia (hah, very unlikely but yea)

9erempiree
09-13-2012, 03:23 AM
either inaccurate

-or-

better test him for HGH

28renyoy
09-13-2012, 03:32 AM
A normal 27-28 year old should be in the range of 180-190 bpm HRmax. One that is elite athletically and under intense training can increase to the 210-220 range. But 230 is really beginning to push it. I'm really curious as to what his resting beat is

Obviously he's not in the 300+ range, which can happen, but still over time this can severely weaken the heart muscle..and he is black so that's not good.

Also just for the record Pauk, that heart rate isn't something unheard of. It's higher than average, assuming that's at or near his max, but it's definitely not some alien form that you want to believe.

There are 45 year old men achieving that heart rate every day at the gym, of course a lot of them die from heart disease later on.

chains5000
09-13-2012, 03:43 AM
That can't be accurate.
Exactly. It must be due to some kind of interference.
Not hating on Lebron, it's just that it's not possible, specially considering the sport and that it was a workout.

Bandito
09-13-2012, 03:47 AM
lol...... you dont think this is not so normal? I am no workout expert but i know that the max heart rate is 220 minus your age.... in Lebrons case it should be 193... Him running around with 233 means he is minus 13 years old (not even born, a ghost? lol) by that formula or that he has an alien heart and is calculating down from a heart rate of 260-300... or maybe that machine simply made a misscalculation... or he has tachycardia (hah, very unlikely but yea)
or that he is out of shape lol.

pauk
09-13-2012, 03:50 AM
or that he is out of shape lol.

or maybe he has one of these:

http://shutupandwatchthemovie.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/iron-man-origin.jpg

9erempiree
09-13-2012, 03:53 AM

No.

It's the HGH.

HGH causes an enlarge heart and that's probably what he has.

stallionaire
09-13-2012, 03:54 AM
Kobe can attain a 233 heart rate, maybe even higher. The last time he did it was in a Colorado police station.

Bandito
09-13-2012, 04:03 AM
Kobe can attain a 233 heart rate, maybe even higher. The last time he did it was in a Colorado police station.
:roll:

bluechox2
09-13-2012, 04:20 AM
attempted assassination by the machine? must have been a laker fan

coin24
09-13-2012, 04:47 AM

Imagine his super strength fu*king your ass and mouth pauk:eek:
Your heart must be pumping 240 in excitement!!:lol

pauk
09-13-2012, 05:14 AM

lol, nice playing.

inclinerator
09-13-2012, 05:15 AM
pic doesnt show pauk underneath

RoundMoundOfReb
09-13-2012, 05:39 AM
i tried to use the info to calculate his real weight but i got 180 lbsish (the usual default) so he probAbly didn't enter it in the machine lol

Rubio2Gasol
09-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Probably 233 over he entire 3 and a half minutes.

Which would make alot more sense in hyping him athletically because lower heart rates >>>>>>>

bluechox2
09-13-2012, 07:39 AM
an athlete in good conditioning generally have heart rates above 160 during exertion

Rowe
09-13-2012, 08:21 AM
233 beats over the course of 3 minutes and 39 seconds.

That is a solid number for a workout during that amount of time.

I'm convinced 95% of you kids are ****ing retarded.

Rowe
09-13-2012, 08:24 AM
And this is a good thing, how? That is literally tachycardia and that could lead to instant death. I've heard of people with more rapid heart rates, but that's just about at threshold for anyone. Anything over 220 is alarming.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You are the wort poster to ever log on ISH.

NumberSix
09-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Lol. This niqqa said "233 beats per / s".......

Per second niqqa? Per second? :roll:

noosaman
09-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Thats basically torsades de pointes-->VF.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 09:55 AM
233 beats over the course of 3 minutes and 39 seconds.

That is a solid number for a workout during that amount of time.

I'm convinced 95% of you kids are ****ing retarded.
The machine says heart rate not "beats" or "# of beats" - that's traditionally per minute.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
The machine says heart rate not "beats" or "# of beats" - that's traditionally per minute.

hahahahahhahahahahaha.

pauk
09-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Lol. This niqqa said "233 beats per / s".......

Per second niqqa? Per second? :roll:

lol, by the time i saw that typo the edit didnt work. :P

Rowe
09-13-2012, 10:08 AM
:facepalm

- Your heart rate = number of heartbeats divided by the amount of time being elapsed

The total figure of beats (233) counted is later divided by the amount of time elapsed.

The machine CAN NOT do division.

Rowe
09-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Also you CAN NOT achieve a heart rate of 233 beats per minute even with tachycardia.

I cant believe people in the first 2 pages are this clueless or ignorant. Im not sure.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Also you CAN NOT achieve a heart rate of 233 beats per minute even with tachycardia.

I cant believe people in the first 2 pages are this clueless or ignorant. Im not sure.

Yes you can. Easily in Wolff Parkinson White, torsades des pointes, and AF. and of course in VF but that just means you are dead.

All tachycardia means is an HR above 100/min

Dave3
09-13-2012, 10:27 AM
:facepalm

- Your heart rate = number of heartbeats divided by the amount of time being elapsed

The total figure of beats (233) counted is later divided by the amount of time elapsed.

The machine CAN NOT do division.
No, your heart rate is always per minute. In every cardiology book every you know heart rate to be per minute, and is usually assumed to be 72/min. No one every says heart rate if they're not referring to per minute. You just can't find that.

It's really not wise to be face palming if you maybe don't have that much experience in an area.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Tachycardia isn't some thing that achieves high rate. Tachycardia is just a term for any time someone's heart is above 100 beats per minute.

You don't "use" tachycardia lol.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 10:30 AM
hahahahahhahahahahaha.
??

noosaman
09-13-2012, 10:32 AM
??

Heart rate=beats=pulse. Perhaps that is what you meant but you didn't word it correctly.

You are more than welcome to ask me any questions you have about pulse. I am a 3rd year medical resident so cardiovascular exams are basically my bread and butter in the wards.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Heart rate=beats=pulse. Perhaps that is what you meant but you didn't word it correctly.

You are more than welcome to ask me any questions you have about pulse. I am a 3rd year medical resident so cardiovascular exams are basically my bread and butter in the wards.
Yeah, and traditionally it's understood per minute. I know because I just did it last semester. It's the same in BRS as it is in Costanzo as it is in Guyton as it is with Kaplan. All 4 sources say heart rate, and they always mean per minute.

The word rate itself means more than just the occurrence of something, it's the occurrence of something per unit time, which is why it's written in math as dy/dt, with dt being a change in time.

Heart rate is not just beats. It's beats per unit time, and that unit of time in every medical textbook in the world (or at least the 4 more used sources in basic sciences in the medical profession) is per minute.

Also, again, no one who posts as bad as you without it being on purpose would be a doctor in real life.

imdaman99
09-13-2012, 10:37 AM
thats nothing, imagine how many beats pauk's heart did when he saw the lebron pic, him shirtless :eek:

nathanjizzle
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
lebron will die at age 36 if he keeps this up.

Rowe
09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Yes you can. Easily in Wolff Parkinson White, torsades des pointes, and AF. and of course in VF but that just means you are dead.

All tachycardia means is an HR above 100/min

No, you can not.

233 beats per minute in a workout with any heart condition is impossible.

160-175 is extreme enough.

Rubio2Gasol
09-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, and traditionally it's understood per minute. I know because I just did it last semester. It's the same in BRS as it is in Costanzo as it is in Guyton as it is with Kaplan. All 4 sources say heart rate, and they always mean per minute.

The word rate itself means more than just the occurrence of something, it's the occurrence of something per unit time, which is why it's written in math as dy/dt, with dt being a change in time.

Heart rate is not just beats. It's beats per unit time, and that unit of time in every medical textbook in the world (or at least the 4 more used sources in basic sciences in the medical profession) is per minute.

Also, again, no one who posts as bad as you without it being on purpose would be a doctor in real life.

I know but....233 beats per minute is terrible for an athlete......

It would basically mean that his heart is being exponentially overworked to carry blood to the rest of his body, as in , he is extremely unfit.

Now 63 beats per minute DURING a workout is beast level stuff....

Rowe
09-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Tachycardia isn't some thing that achieves high rate. Tachycardia is just a term for any time someone's heart is above 100 beats per minute.

You don't "use" tachycardia lol.

Oh, here comes the grammar nazi when all else fails.:lol

"Achieve" or "Reach". You fully understood the point of my post.:confusedshrug:

lilgodfather1
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm no where near an expert at anything to do with the human heart, but if your heart rate was that high wouldn't it burst if maintained? When I do a HIIT cardio workout my heart rate is generally in the 160-190 range which is lower than my max heart rate of 199, but close enough.

That has to be a miscalculation. If it's not then I would like an appology from all the people that said LeBron doesn't use HGH...

Dave3
09-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I know but....233 beats per minute is terrible for an athlete......

It would basically mean that his heart is being exponentially overworked to carry blood to the rest of his body, as in , he is extremely unfit.

Now 63 beats per minute DURING a workout is beast level stuff....
I don't know the pathophysiology yet of cariology. Just did the basic cardiology. In the textbooks though last year there was mention of certain pathologies that would push to 300 bpm, so mechanically speaking, 233 is well below that threshold. But yeah, generally 150-180 is considered "high."

Athletes bodies though generally break a bunch of rules. I have no clue how bad 223 is for someone like him, but it definitely doesn't look good at all.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh, here comes the grammar nazi when all else fails.:lol

"Achieve" or "Reach". You fully understood the point of my post.:confusedshrug:
It's not a grammar Nazi thing at all, it's a complete concept misunderstanding. Tachycardia just means fast heart rate. You're saying someone cant have a fast heart rate even if they use fast heart rate, or even if we use "achieve" like you want to, you're saying

Someone can't reach fast heart rate if they achieve fast heart rate. This isn't a grammar issue, you just didn't know what tachycardia meant. It's cool, it's not general knowledge or that important if you're not in health care, but don't facepalm at people when it clearly says heart rate, not heart beats.

ralph_i_el
09-13-2012, 11:07 AM
it's probably higher because it's working harder to get blood out to his extremities and all those bigass muscles.

obviously these trainers aren't going to put him in danger...

wang4three
09-13-2012, 11:07 AM
People saying he's going to die or his body can't take this much longer need to relax. I'm sure he has the best trainers and experts in the world around him constantly monitoring his conditioning to make sure he'll be ok. Hilarious how people sitting behind a computer desk all day think they know what's best. Besides, it's just the machine. I've used bikes/treadmills that told me my heart rate was at 190, but on my regular heart rate monitor, it was 130. These things are prone to being inaccurate.

pegasus
09-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Is this pauk's attempt to confirm that Lebron has a heart?

TheSilentKiller
09-13-2012, 11:17 AM
How has nobody brought up the fact that these machines are highly inaccurate :lol

pegasus
09-13-2012, 11:22 AM
How has nobody brought up the fact that these machines are highly inaccurate :lol

It is accurate. Number 233 represents how many hair Lebron has got left, and that "heart" shape on the monitor actually shows how Lebron's head looks from the top. People just don't know how to read these machines.:facepalm

wang4three
09-13-2012, 11:36 AM

Two posts above you, buddy.

TheSilentKiller
09-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Sorry didn't see that one :D

Dave3
09-13-2012, 12:06 PM
It was off by 60 for you though? I mean yeah they may be off by maximum 20 or 30, but 60? I think the assumption is even if it says 233 and it's very inaccurate, we're still looking at ~200.

wang4three
09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
It was off by 60 for you though? I mean yeah they may be off by maximum 20 or 30, but 60? I think the assumption is even if it says 233 and it's very inaccurate, we're still looking at ~200.

It's something like that. Could've been 40-50, but regardless the point was that it was wayyy off. Didn't even feel like I was working all that hard.

shaq2000
09-13-2012, 01:35 PM
I thought athletes generally have slower heart rates? Less work to pump the blood or something?

Rowe
09-13-2012, 03:39 PM
It's not a grammar Nazi thing at all, it's a complete concept misunderstanding. Tachycardia just means fast heart rate. You're saying someone cant have a fast heart rate even if they use fast heart rate, or even if we use "achieve" like you want to, you're saying

Someone can't reach fast heart rate if they achieve fast heart rate. This isn't a grammar issue, you just didn't know what tachycardia meant. It's cool, it's not general knowledge or that important if you're not in health care, but don't facepalm at people when it clearly says heart rate, not heart beats.

Once again, thats my fault for leaving the opening with my grammar as there is nothing else for you to grasp in your response, so all you can do is drive an irrelevant point home to feel like you're proving someone wrong.:confusedshrug:

I understand, you just read a book on cardiology and now you're an expert and clearly you are just here to aware me because I apparently have no clue of anything related to the heart.

- I know full & well what tachycardia is. That was my reasoning for responding in such a way to a poster who brought it up as a possible condition LeBron may have. Its not about being a grammar nazi, but even one who tries, would realize that to "achieve" doesn't have correlation with to "use".

At any point did I ever say LeBron "used" tachycardia? Nope.

To re-cite myself once again. (LOOK closely)

Also you CAN NOT achieve (as in reach) a heart rate of 233 beats per minute even with tachycardia (this referring to if LeBron had such a heart condition).

Do you now understand?

BrickingStar
09-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm no where near an expert at anything to do with the human heart, but if your heart rate was that high wouldn't it burst if maintained? When I do a HIIT cardio workout my heart rate is generally in the 160-190 range which is lower than my max heart rate of 199, but close enough.

That has to be a miscalculation. If it's not then I would like an appology from all the people that said LeBron doesn't use HGH...
230 is not nowhere near impossible without HGH now that we know if it's ever happened since these machines are completely inaccurate but retards don't do research begin with anyway.

Rowe
09-13-2012, 03:51 PM
I thought athletes generally have slower heart rates? Less work to pump the blood or something?

Yes, they do.

This thread is reflection of the idiocy of ISH as people can't read the number, therefore automatically assuming his heart rate is measuring 233 beats per minute.

It is NOT possible for that to happen.

The number is a count of total heartbeats recorded over the course of his workout, when you average that out over the time recorded, it becomes more clear that his elite fitness is the reason for his heart rate.

This is a world class athlete using a machine that is not going to cause him the same resistance that it would someone who is completely out of shape.

If LeBron had such a heart condition that makes his heart beat like.....an "alien", then playing the sport he does would be nearly impossible. This isn't WPW Syndrome, a condition that LaMarcus Aldridge and Alvin Williams have/had. Not only would his condition have been diagnosed before he reached the NBA, but it would've been picked up on each of the stress echocardiograms that NBA players take for their pre-season physical. They wouldn't even let him go out on the floor as his training methods would counteract the medications he'd be given to treat and/or reverse his heart condition.

/Thread

I cant believe I dedicated such time to such a stupid ****ing topic/discussion.

edrick
09-13-2012, 03:52 PM
That's probably the heart rate of Hugh Hefner after banging out an 18 year old for 3 minutes.

BlueandGold
09-13-2012, 03:54 PM
btw for anyone who's still arguing about the semantics of the work tachycardia (223 is still over 100) that picture is obviously a fake or the machine is screwed up or the metrics of how that machine computes "heart rate" is obviously something different from number of beats per minute. There's no way an athlete of that stature, much less an average human being could get up to 220.

Looking at that picture for the 2nd time it looks like someone simply just took lebron's picture on one side and then on the other side used a random picture of someone's extremely unusual heartrate.

So yea to say again.. there's no possible way Lebron's bpm is anything close to 220. That's obviously a fake picture or we aren't understanding the machine/picture correctly. Simply showing a picture and a bunch of numbers isn't much context to go off of. In reality Lebron's heart rate is most definitely MUCH lower than the average heart-rate. I am actually a physical therapy major (in my last year of undergrad) and from seeing/reading numerous amounts of scientific studies done on professional athletes I can assure you that even the average NCAA d1 athlete has a heart-rate that is significantly lower than your average sedentary american's heartrate.

chazzy
09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Looking at that picture for the 2nd time it looks like someone simply just took lebron's picture on one side and then on the other side used a random picture of someone's extremely unusual heartrate.
Lebron tweeted it

NattyPButter
09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I wish ppl will stop with the and HGH enlarging heart crap. He would have to be taking in 10+iu everyday to see such affect. In this thread ppl don't know crap about steroids or HGH but only the BS the media feeds them.

BlueandGold
09-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Lebron tweeted it
Then he may have been playing around with the measurement machine and tweeted it to screw with people. That's the only explanation I can think of that doesn't involve Lebron either having some screwed up genetic condition or him trying meth for the first time and going overboard.

Also it's weird that the machine simply says heart rate and not bpm or bpm out beside it.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Once again, thats my fault for leaving the opening with my grammar as there is nothing else for you to grasp in your response, so all you can do is drive an irrelevant point home to feel like you're proving someone wrong.:confusedshrug: It's not a grammatical mistake, its a conceptual one. And as for grasping at straws? You said that the 233 is over a period of 3+ minutes. That right away is wrong because the machine clearly says heart rate, not heart beats. So there's something factually inarguably wrong already. The rest has been explained to you but I guess you don't get it.

I understand, you just read a book on cardiology and now you're an expert and clearly you are just here to aware me because I apparently have no clue of anything related to the heart.

No, I'm in something called medical school. You know, where people learn about the heart, about the lungs, about medicines, about diseases, stuff like that, and actually are experts on the human body. Oh, and this is only after 4 years of life science biology. But yeah, I've read a book and now all of a sudden I think I'm an expert. Hell even if that was the case, what basis do you have for making any statements? Lay man's opinion? I'm only halfway through basic sciences yes, but in the first half you finish all of physiology/anatomy/genetics etc. I'm not here to teach anyone anything, I'm just letting you know that calling other people stupid when you yourself don't seem to have a basis is as hypocritical as it is ignorant.

I know full & well what tachycardia is. That was my reasoning for responding in such a way to a poster who brought it up as a possible condition LeBron may have. Its not about being a grammar nazi, but even one who tries, would realize that to "achieve" doesn't have correlation with to "use".

At any point did I ever say LeBron "used" tachycardia? Nope.

To re-cite myself once again. (LOOK closely)

Also you CAN NOT achieve (as in reach) a heart rate of 233 beats per minute even with tachycardia (this referring to if LeBron had such a heart condition).

Do you now understand?See again, you prove you actually don't know what it means. Tachycardia is not a "condition." It's just a state of more than 100 bpm. Anyone in the world can have tachycardia at any moment when they're exercising. It's not a "condition" it's a state. If I was to go run laps and have a heart rate of 102, I would be tachycardic. If it was to dip to 98, I would be no longer tachycardic. Don't blame it on grammar, because that's not what's wrong with your statement. You just don't understand the meaning of the word and are calling other people out despite being ignorant yourself.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM

I am trying to help you here. You are looking very stupid here.

Since you choose to insult me, I want you to answer for me-how would you comment on the rhythm and character of someone with different forms of tachycardia? How do you calculate HR from the squares on an ECG? And give me the shortcuts to figuring out if there's a right or left axis deviation, or if the heart has a normal axis? After all, I am merely a bad poster who is not actually a physician.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:02 PM
No, you can not.

233 beats per minute in a workout with any heart condition is impossible.

160-175 is extreme enough.

That's interesting. I will have to let the nurses know next time that the ECG is broken.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:02 PM
I am trying to help you here. You are looking very stupid here.

Since you choose to insult me, I want you to answer for me-how would you comment on the rhythm and character of someone with different forms of tachycardia? How do you calculate HR from the squares on an ECG? And give me the shortcuts to figuring out if there's a right or left axis deviation, or if the heart has a normal axis? After all, I am merely a bad poster who is not actually a physician.
You claim I look stupid and yet can't prove anything I say wrong. Heart rate isn't just number of beats. It's number of beats per unit time. If you can prove anything I said before wrong, I'll answer every question you just asked.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:08 PM
You claim I look stupid and yet can't prove anything I say wrong. Heart rate isn't just number of beats. It's number of beats per unit time. If you can prove anything I said before wrong, I'll answer every question you just asked.

I just said they all mean the same thing. I could easily say 100 beats. That simply means 100 beats. What gives it relevance is the time interval. You always measure over 15 or 30 seconds and extrapolate to a minute. What really gives it relevance is measuring his RR--anything over 22 (not after exercise) is considered in an ER setting to require urgent care.

Anyways, good luck with medical school. The US is a disaster and a terrible place to practice as a physician. Any specific fields/specialties you are looking at currently?

Legends66NBA7
09-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Anyways, good luck with medical school. The US is a disaster and a terrible place to practice as a physician.

Pretty sure Dave3 lives in Canada, unless he moved from the country.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Pretty sure Dave3 lives in Canada, unless he moved from the country.

I have no idea who he is outside of the fact he dislikes me

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I just said they all mean the same thing. I could easily say 100 beats. That simply means 100 beats. What gives it relevance is the time interval. You always measure over 15 or 30 seconds and extrapolate to a minute. What really gives it relevance is measuring his RR--anything over 22 (not after exercise) is considered in an ER setting to require urgent care.

Anyways, good luck with medical school. The US is a disaster and a terrible place to practice as a physician. Any specific fields/specialties you are looking at currently?
Yet you laughed when I clarified the machine says heart rate, not just # of beats. He was saying the machine it only putting in the number of beats for a ~4 minute span. I clarified that if the machine says heart rate it's different than if it would just say beats over total elapsed time. Nothing was wrong with that, yet you thought it didn't make sense or wasn't true. Again, I haven't said anything wrong yet.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't know you so I can't dislike you. I just see you put up false information (Dirk vs Durant yesterday) and then criticize one guy for something the other guy doesn't do either and that seems like very weak logic or thinking. Doesn't seem like a doctor would think that poorly.

Legends66NBA7
09-13-2012, 05:17 PM

So what's with the "US is a disaster and a terrible place to practice as a physician." line ? Just wanted to get it off your chest for no reason ? :confusedshrug:

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:20 PM
So what's with the "US is a disaster and a terrible place to practice as a physician." line ? Just wanted to get it off your chest for no reason ? :confusedshrug:
Lol, that part has some small truths to it. We're a little lucky because our health care system is constructed a little better (albeit it destroys us in taxes) than the U.S. It's not "terrible" or anything, but ours is more comfortable.

Also, there are a lot of doctors sued unjustly in the U.S just because people want a payday. Even if they did nothing wrong, juries seem to see moneybags and it's very easy to sympathize with someone suffering, so they're forced to settle to prevent their insurance from going up in case the jury is stupid.

Canada on the other hand we're protected much better. I don't know how exactly it works, but I don't think it's easy at all to sue a doctor in Canada. Not that I'm planning to give people a reason to :P

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Just the truth. I mean if you want to work 80 hr weeks for no OT and for a straight 40k salary, then the US is the place to be. Also you will have zero job security and zero chance to work in private practice and on top of med school debt is 500k in the States.

Signed

A happy defect from the US to Australia, the greatest nation on Earth

Legends66NBA7
09-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Lol, that part has some small truths to it. We're a little lucky because our health care system is constructed a little better (albeit it destroys us in taxes) than the U.S. It's not "terrible" or anything, but ours is more comfortable.

Also, there are a lot of doctors sued unjustly in the U.S just because people want a payday. Even if they did nothing wrong, juries seem to see moneybags and it's very easy to sympathize with someone suffering, so they're forced to settle to prevent their insurance from going up in case the jury is stupid.

Canada on the other hand we're protected much better. I don't know how exactly it works, but I don't think it's easy at all to sue a doctor in Canada. Not that I'm planning to give people a reason to :P

All true, but I don't know where this doctor thing started in the first place. Probably me just skimming the thread too fast, but your brought up studying to be a doctor somewhere ?

Just the truth. I mean if you want to work 80 hr weeks for no OT and for a straight 40k salary, then the US is the place to be. Also you will have zero job security and zero chance to work in private practice and on top of med school debt is 500k in the States.

Signed

Dude, I know it's the truth, but the guy your quoting (at least from not what I've read) isn't from America.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Yet you laughed when I clarified the machine says heart rate, not just # of beats. He was saying the machine it only putting in the number of beats for a ~4 minute span. I clarified that if the machine says heart rate it's different than if it would just say beats over total elapsed time. Nothing was wrong with that, yet you thought it didn't make sense or wasn't true. Again, I haven't said anything wrong yet.

Thats because you implied there was some sort of difference between HR and beats.

kNicKz
09-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Signed

Sounds like you didn't know how to play the game

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:25 PM
All true, but I don't know where this doctor thing started in the first place. Probably me just skimming the thread too fast, but your brought up studying to be a doctor somewhere ?

Because I was trying to explain the concept of HR to folks in this thread who have no medical background. Some dude is still arguing that one can never attain a HR above 200 and refuses to accept that he just might be wrong. So you can get some sort of background as to who we are dealing with here.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Sounds like you didn't know how to play the game

What's the game? I am confused. Taking it in the asss from the system?

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Some guy was saying that the 233 was his beats for 4 minutes and everyone was really stupid for not seeing that, and I pointed out that since the machine says heart rate it's per minute. Then he started trying to prove himself right saying its impossible bla bla and I shouldn't think I know that much just because I've read a cardio book before in my life. I explained that my basis for replying wasn't reading one book, but was actually attending med school, which tends to prepare people pretty well for discussing things like the heart lol.

It's fine to say "233 doesn't seem believe" but saying "anyone who actually thinks that the 233 is heart rate (which it says so its not insane to think it) is stupid and ignorant" is unwarranted.

DFish
09-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I mean if you want to work 80 hr weeks for no OT and for a straight 40k salary, then the US is the place to be. Also you will have zero job security and zero chance to work in private practice

Yeah, you're not an M.D. I'm sensing... pre-med dropout. Biology, right? State school?

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Thats because you implied there was some sort of difference between HR and beats.
Which in this scenario there is. If it's beats over 4 minutes, it's different from heart rate. 223 beats for 4 minutes is a heart rate of 56. The semantics here matter, because they mean the difference between a heart rate of 56 and 223.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah, you're not an M.D. I'm sensing... pre-med dropout. Biology, right? State school?

No I am 3 years into internship. I finished my MD and got the hell out of the US

Legends66NBA7
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Dave, which medical school are you going to ?

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Which medical school are you going to ?
Look at PM for details.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Which in this scenario there is. If it's beats over 4 minutes, it's different from heart rate. 223 beats for 4 minutes is a heart rate of 56. The semantics here matter, because they mean the difference between a heart rate of 56 and 223.

But the point is that HR by virtue is based on a number of beats.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:33 PM
But the point is that HR by virtue is based on a number of beats.
And I never said anything contradicting that. HR is based on beats sure. It however is not the same thing.

BrickingStar
09-13-2012, 05:34 PM
People expect any less from LeGod?

DFish
09-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I am a 3rd year medical resident so cardiovascular exams are basically my bread and butter in the wards.

No I am 3 years into internship. I finished my MD and got the hell out of the US

Yeah, you're full of shit.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:40 PM

lol are you a little weasly pre med jealous someone already got through med school or something? I find it amusing as hell that someone is tell me what I am not.

Ask all the Mavs posters here, they remember me when I first began med school. You can ask me anything you want about the wards.

Lebron23
09-13-2012, 05:41 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

His original account is Romosexual.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

His original account is Romosexual.

Nah it was Dirklover69

DFish
09-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Third year internship. :oldlol: Did they hold you back for two years?

An internship is one year, you buffoon, and it's almost always the first year of your residency. Even in Australia or wherever you're claiming to live. I'm not a doctor, but I come from an extended family of them. You're not an M.D. Like I said, I'm pegging you to be a pre-med dropout who was majoring in Bio at some state school (probably in CA) and then you moved to Australia after dropping out. I know I'm close.

DFish
09-13-2012, 05:52 PM
But I would still like to hear about "the wards." :lol

28renyoy
09-13-2012, 05:52 PM
LOL @ people confusing resting heart rate vs training/max heart rate. Your heart rate can easily double when you have been going through intense training.

If his resting heart rate was 233, he would be falling over dead at any moment in time. He would be taken to the ER and placed on an IV, and he would not be allowed to play basketball. But LeBron was clearly working out heavily when his heart rate was taken. 233 bpm is possible, but it's very rare. Most people are in the 150-180 range when at max capacity.

28renyoy
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
btw dave, what are you planning on specializing in? also just lol 2 noosaman claiming he's specializing in cardiology and then saying it's impossible to attain a heart rate that high. if you've taken any courses on the subject this should be common knowledge, much less invasive

noosaman
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Third year internship. :oldlol: Did they hold you back for two years?

An internship is one year, you buffoon, and it's almost always the first year of your residency. Even in Australia or wherever you're claiming to live. I'm not a doctor, but I come from an extended family of them. You're not an M.D. Like I said, I'm pegging you to be a pre-med dropout who was majoring in Bio at some state school (probably in CA) and then you moved to Australia after dropping out. I know I'm close.

Except in Australia you do 3 years, called PGY1-PGY2, and PGY-3 after med school, you idiot. Learn your facts before you go opening your stupid mouth.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:mOCQ2mCOSL8J:www.health.qld.gov.au/medical/intern/HospitalsFAQs.pdf+&hl=en&gl=au&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShkq7lHv-TYVwQbOOLMpqi0awiCT81e-S1hBkyiLtQARWZ46H3MKpIhxscl6Ra6Bt7WL45B_ZqPJDQywsy AIyfJSAnvWd9UtIjei0QKU5GGUcmoUz_pHhpjMKrDBulrtoJfJ KhV&sig=AHIEtbTynDUplyq26IdZ5iLKFB2wUVgWCw

Don't ever insult or question my credibility again, you little clown.

Dave3
09-13-2012, 05:59 PM
btw dave, what are you planning on specializing in?
Don't have a clue. I'm waiting till rounds to figure it out. I know I want something in an office though, no surgery. Was actually interested in psychiatry but my neuro proff says "if you have a pulse you can do psychiatry" so that's discouraging just because I don't want to be seen as just taking the easy way out. It shouldn't matter but I have a little bit of an ego with that I guess. We'll see, I'm still over a year away from even beginning rounds.

DFish
09-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Except in Australia you do 3 years, called PGY1-PGY2, and PGY-3 after med school, you idiot. Learn your facts before you go opening your stupid mouth.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:mOCQ2mCOSL8J:www.health.qld.gov.au/medical/intern/HospitalsFAQs.pdf+&hl=en&gl=au&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShkq7lHv-TYVwQbOOLMpqi0awiCT81e-S1hBkyiLtQARWZ46H3MKpIhxscl6Ra6Bt7WL45B_ZqPJDQywsy AIyfJSAnvWd9UtIjei0QKU5GGUcmoUz_pHhpjMKrDBulrtoJfJ KhV&sig=AHIEtbTynDUplyq26IdZ5iLKFB2wUVgWCw

Don't ever insult or question my credibility again, you little clown.

Three years of residency. Not a three-year long internship. You're lying through your teeth. Or fingers, I guess.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Three years of residency. Not a three-year long internship. You're lying through your teeth. Or fingers, I guess.

You're a bit too stupid to understand. I am sorry you cannot accept that I am a physician. Good luck to you though.

Euroleague
09-13-2012, 06:04 PM
He's a heavy steroid user. No surprise here.

28renyoy
09-13-2012, 06:06 PM

he very clearly has no idea what he's talking about. and 3 year residency. for cardiology, it's at least 1 year internship, 4+ year residency in surgery, followed by cardiology fellowship, and then subspecializing.

3 years for cardio surgery? just lol

noosaman
09-13-2012, 06:08 PM
he very clearly has no idea what he's talking about. and 3 year residency. for cardiology, it's at least 1 year internship, 4+ year residency in surgery, followed by cardiology fellowship, and then subspecializing.

3 years for cardio surgery? just lol

You don't even get into a residency stream here until you finish PGY3. Why would I lie? Seems a bit silly. The fact neither of you have any clue yet are telling me my own business is even worse. It's like I am being assaulted by idiocy here. Neither of you seem to be able to understand the distinction between internship, residency, and medical practice.

Smoke117
09-13-2012, 06:09 PM

DFish
09-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Dr. Noosaman, 3rd year of internship (only 4 more to go). Specialty: heart study.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NnvOI_SWsCE/TM-kPrmoE2I/AAAAAAAAAv0/iV7kqeG0-r4/s1600/australia-aborigines-460.jpg

Rank 2 Master of Wards. 4 gold stars.

noosaman
09-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Dr. Noosaman, 3rd year of internship (only 4 more to go). Specialty: heart study.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NnvOI_SWsCE/TM-kPrmoE2I/AAAAAAAAAv0/iV7kqeG0-r4/s1600/australia-aborigines-460.jpg

Rank 2 Master of Wards. 4 gold stars.

Haha! Tell me more!

28renyoy
09-13-2012, 06:17 PM
You don't even get into a residency stream here until you finish PGY3. Why would I lie? Seems a bit silly. The fact neither of you have any clue yet are telling me my own business is even worse. It's like I am being assaulted by idiocy here. Neither of you seem to be able to understand the distinction between internship, residency, and medical practice.

I have peripheral edeema, ascites, and dypsnea. Diagnose me, mr. heart surgeon.

DFish
09-13-2012, 06:17 PM
"Zero chance to work in Private Practice. Two percent chance to work in Grey's Anatomy."

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/assets/images/article/journal/7400/aboriginal-river-festival-02.jpg

noosaman
09-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I have peripheral edeema, ascites, and dypsnea. Diagnose me, mr. heart surgeon.

Cirrhosis possibly from Hep C or alcoholism, or even congenital alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency (recently had a lady come in with this) that could lead to pulmonary edema and systemic edema though ascites (fluid collection in peitoneum) is more suggestive of liver failure

CHF if you are older

Would you like more differentials? And would you like me to describe the methods of percussion of ascites for you as well?
I mean, after all, there is no such thing as 3 year internship here and the system is exactly the same as that of the US.

Euroleague
09-13-2012, 06:28 PM

Signed

Average doctor salary in the US is in the $20 million range.

oamjad13
09-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Beastttt!

Mr. Incredible
09-13-2012, 06:39 PM
alot of haters in this thread!

this man is going to take the league by STORM this year. I can't wait. 4th MVP in 5 seasons coming up!

Jax
09-14-2012, 03:44 AM
http://blog.lefigaro.fr/bd/predators.jpg
Knew it!

Force
09-14-2012, 05:03 AM
I'm only 4 pages in but this thread needs to be archived to show how stupid it gets on this board.

CLASSIC!

pauk
09-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Back and i see people are having fun.. :D

noosaman
09-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Back and i see people are having fun.. :D

It's not every day that people over the internet tell you that you don't actually do what you do for a living!

Rysio
09-14-2012, 08:07 AM
lebrick always stat padding. :applause:

r15mohd
09-14-2012, 08:20 AM
lebrick always stat padding. :applause:

:lol :lol :lol

jbot
09-14-2012, 08:47 AM
No.

It's the HGH.

HGH causes an enlarge heart and that's probably what he has.
probably causes his hair line also.

i wonder what Steve Prefontaine's heart rate would have been. he had an enlarged heart and could run like a horse.

yobore
09-14-2012, 09:07 AM
ahem Enlarged heart = lower heart rate.

yobore
09-14-2012, 09:08 AM
probably causes his hair line also.

i wonder what Steve Prefontaine's heart rate would have been. he had an enlarged heart and could run like a horse.
dunno but runners aren't the purest cardio guys. The lowest heart rates are usually TdF type cyclists, cross country skiiers and rowers.

nathanjizzle
09-14-2012, 09:29 AM
thats why i dont post that often any more. everyone here thinks there a male nurse.